Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]
Kord

Character Info
Name: A
Race:
Class:
Silver: 93
If you don't mind, then we'll gladly take you up on the offer. I was going to make a demon character, although I don't quite have the details finalised as of yet, and want to play a few posts so I can decide that way. So aside from that, I can't give too much in the way of his motivations or anything, because I'm not entirely certain myself.
AquaRoyale

Character Info
Name: Aqua Royale
Alignment: LN
Race: Human witch hybrid
Class:
Silver: 100
Hello!! I'm really new to the site, but I used to do a bit of RP on MSPARP (now known as MXRP) but I wasn't very good. What do I do to get better? How do I start a new "thread"? I'm really confused here but I want to give it a shot! My character's information can be found on my profile, but I feel like she still needs some tweaking.

Lv frm th hrt.
AR

ARlovesU
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Hiya! The best way to improve in rp is to practice. One of my strategies is by learning from examples of writing I find particularly interesting–like how descriptions are written or use of tone in the words. 

To start a new thread, all you need to do is find a place you want to post in (take your pick from our rp forum boards in Canelux and Parvpora), click new thread, title it, put in your first post, and hit submit. Don't forget to put on tags to let people know if you're looking to rp with anybody or a select few.

Common tags we put in our thread titles are [O], (Open) for threads anybody can join; [P], (Private) – only people you invite can post there, [R] – warning for strong language and themes (no in-detail, explicit stuff please), and the rarer [L: #] –insert whatever number you want in the # to denote how many people you are leaving the thread open to. Threads with [L: #] restrictions mean you can have a total of the denoted number of people participating, including whoever starts it. So a [L:2] means you and the first lucky soul who hops on will be allowed to post in it.

If you have any questions, always feel free to ask! And join us on our Discord server if you haven't already for speedier responses and real-time support!

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
NeoPoplar234

Character Info
Name: Lia Fallon
Alignment: TN
Race: Halfling
Class: A scholarly magic user that studies books and scrolls to learn spells.
Silver: 167
hi. I an not technically new but the last time I have been on this site was at least a couple years ago. I need a refresher. somebody help?
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Hey welcome back!  I'd be happy to help with any questions you might have :3  Be sure to check out the Wiki and Rules as they're updated regularly :3  Also definitely join our Discord!  Tons of interaction goes on there so it's a great way to meet and talk to people.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
NeoPoplar234

Character Info
Name: Lia Fallon
Alignment: TN
Race: Halfling
Class: A scholarly magic user that studies books and scrolls to learn spells.
Silver: 167
you have a discord??
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Yep!  It can be found on the index page and home page for the site as well as linked in my last reply :3 Click here!

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
bob_bobinson

Character Info
Name: Borton Roth
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 40
ive been wanting to get into roll playing stuffs for a while, and have been thinking about a character for a bit. so here i go.

Borton Roth is a young man who left his northern tribe with ambitions of becoming a powerful sorcerer. He has a deep respect for family and close bonds, something that is at the core of his philosophy. He wanders alone from place to place, seeking knowledge to further his dream. Though he does have a decent bit of natural skill, there is much to be learnt before he can accomplish much. 

What id like to know is how this character would work in this lore, and of there is anything i could add to it. or just general advice would be great. Thanks!

B. Roth
bob_bobinson

Character Info
Name: Borton Roth
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 40
cant wait to get started, but at the moment i am rather clueless 

B. Roth
Ozzet

Character Info
Name: Ozzet
Alignment: CN
Race: Mongrel
Class: Just This Guy, You Know?
Silver: 0

Welcome to Revaliir, Bob! I'll give you a crash course here since you're new to the whole Roleplaying thing in general, and what we do here. 

Revaliir is a play by post Roleplay Forum taking place in a custom built world of medieval high fantasy, think something akin to Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms as a table top reference, or for television think along the lines of the 1995 Hercules, 2008 Legend Of The Seeker, or even the BBC Merlin television show.  For movies there are countless examples, Lord Of The Rings trilogy comes to mind. We don't really use stats for characters or anything like that, in that sense we're a Free Form writing community with little restrictions on what you're able to write, letting you write the story you want with others without all that messy red tape getting in the way. 

While we're pretty lax on what you do, there are a few rules to take note of however, and you can find them here.

Roleplaying & In-Character Rules

The way all this works is either through private messages on here or the looking for Role Play sub forum, through threads marked with a [O] to show that they're open, or even through the community Discord which you joined earlier you find people and characters you want to write threads with, find an idea for what could happen in the thread or where characters could meet, and just start writing in whatever forum you decide on. Your imagination is your greatest tool here, and whatever you do just have fun most of all, don't ever forget those two ideals. 

What makes Revaliir a bit different than other communities and forums is for starters, while many fantasy worlds have a pantheon of deities, Revaliir's Gods and Goddesses are written by members of our community, they're not figures that sit in the background of a world never to be seen or touched. They're hand picked characters written by some of the best our community has to offer. These characters you can interact with, build stories and relationships with just as you could any other character, and I've always thought that was pretty awesome. So, once you get to writing you'll find items and silver after every post. Most the items you find are going to be used in creating various other items for your character, and there's quite a few of them, though you'll get into that later. The silver you get after each post, well that's used to purchase items for your character, and the way that works is you can not RP your character with an item or spell they do not own. So, through story and writing you'll start to build your character up in various ways. Maybe they worked on learning a spell in one thread and you purchased it afterwards? Maybe they went on a long journey for some sort of arcane weapon? All that matters regardless is that the profile you're posting on, owns the item you're using in your RP and writing. You'll find the shops at the bar near the top of the site under the items tab!

Your character seems fantastic, lots of room for growth in any direction and it's a solid starting place without a doubt. You'll want to post this info in your profile. While you're logged in, look at the top of the website with the grey bar of buttons. You'll see Home, Index, Items, and then finally you should see bob_bobinson, just click the drop down there, jump down to the profile tab, then from there edit and this is where all your character info will go. All in all, I hope you enjoy your stay here on Revaliir, we're super stoked to have you here, and like I said before; Have Fun. That's the main goal of everyone here. If you have anymore questions, let us know by all means. Till then, have a good one, and welcome once more. 

QuickLikeEdit: And I feel so silly because it seems you've already figured out the profile stuff and all that, opps!