Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:34 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Alrighty then! I'll start up a thread and send you the link shortly. It'll be with one of my alts.

Author: B218, Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:53 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Harena Desert will work.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ok, just to check– Harena Desert or Harena Wastelands? 

Author: B218, Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:40 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'd like to start in Harena if possible. Something about that intrigues me a bit.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, welcome to Revaliir! Do you have any particular ideas you'd like to explore? The world's a wide place and might feel intimidating at first, especially with 3 continents and lore for each location.  

Author: B218, Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:41 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I'm looking to get started here! I have rp'd before and play dnd regularly. This is a character I tend to play often, but his memory gets lost whenever he goes somewhere new, so don't worry.
I'm still reading the lore, but I'd like to start playing!

Author: Ciara, Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:29 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yes! As for the thread, I don't have a preference. What we could do is start a thread for the Draconic Insurrection! That way you'll also get some of the super cool special items for that event. Please message me so we can figure out the details! :D

Author: Nyx Aella, Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ooh, hello Dina!

I'd love to get started with a thread, up for just about anything. Have a preference?

Also, I've been thinking about joining the Draconic Insurrection. I could just make an open starter for that, right?

Author: Ciara, Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hiya! 

Welcome to Revaliir! I'm Dina, we've met on the discord. The characters I write are Ciara, Dala, Rhydian, and Wesley. If you'd like to get started with a thread let me know. I can start a thread for you to hop into. We also have some cool events that I could guide you through. Let me know if you're interested! And if you have any questions please let me know. I'm almost always online!

Author: Nyx Aella, Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:57 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello!
New to this site, not new to roleplaying, but would appreciate some help around. I've been glancing at/joining the available events that I see…

Uh, I have Nyx, a battle-ready hufflepuff

A loyal, work-intensive mage who has decided to travel around and learn magic that way before wanting to settle back in an academy in Iria sometime in the future. It was her parent's idea (she's 18-19, i think, haven't exactly decided her age).

Author: Serafina, Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Awesome - if you would like to, you can send me a private message and we can chat a bit about what we would like to do!

Author: Locket, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:30 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello Whitney!
Sounds awesome, I'm up for it

Author: Serafina, Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi Locket, welcome to Revaliir!

I'm Whitney - I write this character (Serafina, Goddess of Death and Debauchery), along with a few others.  I'd love to do a thread with you to get started.  If you'd like, you can message me here (or if you are in our Discord chat, you can reach out to me through there as well) and we can discuss something that would work for you!  

Author: Locket, Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I've roleplayed before, but am new here and would love some help getting started
My character is Locket, a Were-Tiger who is traveling the world. She's pretty easy going and curious about all the things

Author: Ciara, Posted: Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:42 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi OneEyed! :D I'm Dina! If you'd like to rp just give me a heads up and I can whip up a thread for ya. Also if you need any helping working your way around the site or figuring things out on the site, let me know via our message system or feel free to ask in this thread. We are always here if you need us! Do you have any questions at the moment? 

Author: OneEyed, Posted: Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey I'm new here! I'd love to RP and make friends! SO if you're interested let me know. I am capable of RPing but I could still use some advice!

Author: Maia, Posted: Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:28 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

My default Discord is Evelyn Vaneris although I did change the nickname in Revaliir's to Maia Alekios for consistency. 

I was looking at Revaliir's map a little the other day and figured maybe her clan is from Itjivut? It seems very remote, is home to other nomadic peoples, and even has an elven presence to explain her mixed heritage. I imagine she would have taken a boat from there to one of the larger continents. 

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Wed Jun 3, 2020 9:46 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure no problem I set the scene not sure if you use discord, but I'll send you a message via the site just to cover all the bases.

(Edit) I forgot to ask the location you wish to start the thread? Not sure where your tribe is located or the makeup so I am not sure where to start. It does say she travels though I am not sure how long she has been travelling for. Though by her lack of knowledge on healing I suppose it would be safe to say she has just started therefore I assume she is still fairly close to her tribe's location. 

Author: Maia, Posted: Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:25 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Would it be okay if I request you set the scene? Since I'm just venturing in it might help it go smoother? Then I could have Maia do just that. 

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Wed Jun 3, 2020 7:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well, either you start or I start. You could either come across the seemly empty town with many of the windows boarded up or doors barricaded with xs on them and eventually come across the section of the villages that are healthy. Then perhaps you offer your services to learn of another healer already in the process of helping the town which would lead to Lixue.

Or I can start and set up the scene and you can do the stuff above or another route if you so choose.

Author: Maia, Posted: Wed Jun 3, 2020 2:46 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thank you so much, that sounds great! How do we go about this?

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:18 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Doubtful that you will get her to speak about herself, but she will be willing to teach. While I'm unsure how you wish to start Lixue is usually travelling around to either heal or remove a threat. If you do not have a way to start a thread perhaps Maia can come across a remote village undergoing an outbreak that Lixue is currently attempting to end.

Author: Maia, Posted: Tue Jun 2, 2020 11:42 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

My thoughts are along the lines that the clan she hails from is remote and not overly blessed with true healers. But Maia loves to learn so anything she could be taught she'd be grateful for. More so if she learns people's stories alongside it. 

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Tue Jun 2, 2020 9:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

While healing is a bit more taxing for Lixue than it is for others. She can explain the more magical methods of healing. Though more information on the heart condition is needed as a strong curse or the unknown should suffice to explain why the average healing is unable to cure the condition.

Author: Maia, Posted: Tue Jun 2, 2020 7:14 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I've been meaning to work up the nerve to venture into roleplaying in the writing format and have decided today's the day. As I'm pretty much completely new to it I'd deeply appreciate a mentor. 

This here is Maia. I've gone with the idea that she is also new to exploring the world. She comes from a nomadic clan of travelers who collect stories from around the world. She's seventeen, knows a little druidic magic, is practiced in medicines but wants to learn as much about healing as she can. She also has a heart condition and is hoping to find someone during her Journey who can help heal her. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:53 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

To Selane, once you buy a spell you keep it forever! The restrictions are in the spell description, so use that as a guideline. Also we have a wiki article that talks about spells here: Spells FAQ. This isn't Pathfinder or D&D, so you don't need to keep track of slots or anything. If you're worried about casting several spells and running low on mana, you can buy the potions in the shops so you have them in your inventory. We don't keep track of magic points/energy, but as long as you have the items in your profile inventory, you can use it!

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:25 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

No point system or spell slots though you can place your own rules like I have to help keep track of as no one can cast indefinitely without breaks.

Author: Selane the Wanderer, Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Okay, thank you!
Oh, hey, question? I bought a spell… how do I use this thing? Does it cost points or, um, something to cast?? Sorry for the dumdum newbie questions, but I haven't found much about that. 
~S

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there! I'm Cymbel on Discord, the one with the ferret icon. For recording your travels or personal ramblings in character, the character journal is the place for it! Keep in mind it's only one thread/journal per character. If you have any other questions, don't be shy in posting them here or in the help channel on our server!

Author: Selane the Wanderer, Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

"Umm, 'ello? I need a wee bit of 'elp, if I might be so bold as to ask? Ye see, my troupe had a small family emergency, and… moved. Ye see, I was in town, I had this gig perform'n at a rather nice tavern don't ye know. I stayed in town, and when I got back, well, poof! They up and left!"

Okay, so Selane is basicly a gypsy or whatever passes for such in this world. She's a bard, and for a starting point I figured I'd just strand her alone. I was thinking I'd record all this (her walking out to the camp site, only to find it abandoned) in the Journal as a start? I'm kinda open to suggestions here. 

Author: Icarus, Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:13 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I’m old, but volunteering to RP/coach or whatever for newcomers.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi Sen! :3 Some of our staff members and helpers pmed you for info!

Author: Sen, Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:59 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello everyone! My name is Kyst and I'm new. I'm not new to roleplaying, but it's been a number of years and I'm certainly rusty. I'm also quite overwhelmed by everything that's happening in the world of Rev right now, so I'd love a helping hand. Having said that, I'd actually love to jump in the deep end and start my character off in the madness that is the apocalypse, but only if that's not too hard to figure out.

This strange little creature I've brought to the table is called Sen. It's a shapeshifting summon without a summoner, a creature without a "default" identity, who has a lot of things to figure out about itself and life and all that jazz. It would make perfect sense for Sen to just appear wherever whenever, because it just got banished and it wasn't supposed to be anywhere anymore but now it accidentally is. If that makes sense.

So, like Sen, I'm totally flexible about this whole process. Whatever is easiest!

Author: Cao Lixue, Posted: Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:33 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, it is I the hopeless Jiangshi cleric just popping in to say hi before either I died from hunger or a wandering band of adventurers who lump all undead into one category.

Author: Attie, Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:57 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ok! Thanks for the heads up! :D

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

That's precisely how it goes. If you want to rp with a specific person, we usually talk it over in direct messages on Discord or in the rp discussion channel. If you want to just hop onto a thread that is open (it has a [open], [o] tag in the title) it's not as planned out ahead.

Author: Attie, Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi!

I'm relatively new to roleplaying but I have been writing for a long time. I've done a bit of research about rping tho so I think I understand the replying system. 

But I do want to know, how exactly do people set up these rps? Do they talk to each other before hand and decide the plot or do they just start an rp?

Author: Wixa Lowe, Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:12 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I'm looking to start my first thread.

For my Characters introduction, Wixa (Was Ewix but I screwed up my name and decided what the hell) is a young girl, seeking to become a powerful mage via the use of "Neat Spells" or "Cool magic items." She's not that rude, but she can be quite sassy.

Author: Porthyrius, Posted: Sun Apr 7, 2019 9:16 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hai Friend.

Welcome to Revaliir! We are happy to have you and look forward to seeing what you do here!
I am Adraejen Porthyrius, one of the Gods and Moderators of the site/world!

Author: Badgergoblin, Posted: Sun Apr 7, 2019 8:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello,

I was told about Revalir by a friend and want to introduce myself and my character. I am veteran roleplayer with experience on different platforms (Forums,mmos, text based) but, I am very new to this world and its inhabitants.  I'd be happy for any help or advice when roleplaying here on the forum.

My character's name is Ong and he is a half goblin adventurer looking to open up his own shop as well as embark on quest to collect lost treasures or explore ancient ruins. He is very studious and enjoys learning more about the world around him. He is also willing to join a group of adventurers or a mercenary group for a fair share of the spoils.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:42 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there, welcome! If you haven't already, join our discord server. It's the fastest way to get your questions answered and interact with the community! There's people on all hours of the day. There's a channel where you can ask if anybody's interested in starting a thread with you and a channel for threads open to everyone. 

Author: Charcoalman, Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Not exactly new to the whole roleplaying business, but pretty sure that there's a thing or two for me to improve on. Perhaps building some intriguing plotlines, to help draw players, whose characters would be willing to help mine explore all the shenanigans going on around Revaliir?

As for my character, I am currently going for a typical heroic type. A particulary distinguished warrior of his tribe, who had set out to discover the whereabouts of the evil warlord who threatens his people, while his tribe is recovering from the latest assault. I am expecting to develop this 'questline' for a while, before unleashing my character to fully explore the brave new world, where he may bring glory to his homeland. And perhaps something that had not been rehashed as many times.

Author: Akori Renu, Posted: Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:11 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I figured this would be the best way to get to know new characters and how Revaliir works, so sign me up! I've role-played a bit, and I was on DL for a short time, but I'm new here, and ready to dive in. I've read the rules, but it's all still sinking in, so please forgive me if I misstep or get something wrong. I learn best by doing, so that's what brought me here.

So, I've got Akori, the kitsune bard who lives for mischief and adventure. She loves to makes friends, blithely laughs in the face of danger, and should probably have more respect for her betters. She's aiming to save enough money to open her own tavern, but she also has a problem saving money because she loves buying colourful clothing, shiny objects, and new foods.

I am awful at ending these things, so I'll just leave it here.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or join our Discord server for faster response times! What questions do you have about roleplaying?

Author: Lockdown, Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi! I'm am completely new to rp (and kinda nervous about it), and looking for a mentor! I've read the rules but I'm still acclimating to all the information and would appreciate help. :)

Author: Morticia, Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello Arayna. I think I can help you out :)

Morticia is a pixie, and is generally untrusting of fairies. However, she is not judgmental based on that fact alone. I'm sure we can work something out. Been a long time since she met anyone her size, closer to her species than a succubus ^.^

You can find me on Discord if you wish, or PM me here. I'm generally availiable.

Author: Arayna, Posted: Tue Oct 9, 2018 8:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, I am new here and would need a mentor. I would really appreciate having one as I could use the help. Thank you for your time. 

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Daw that's ok, make it on when you can! There's usually someone lurkin' lol I'll send you a PM and we can get this thing started!

Author: Lady Raven, Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks for the warm welcome and tips! I’ve gone ahead and joined the discord (although you probably won’t see me on there because I’m in an uncommon time zone :( ).

And of course I’d love to do a thread with you — your character looks great and I can’t wait to see him in action!

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:10 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well hello there and welcome!  Good to know you've read up on your site literature, always a plus! :3 If you haven't already, then definitely check out our Discord cuz you'll always find someone there and it's a great way to connect, make friends, get quick help, and tons of other awesome stuff lol

I'd be happy to RP with you! This is my main account, but I have many. What say you? Would you like to do a thread with me to get your feet wet so to speak? :3

Author: Lady Raven, Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi! I’m not new to roleplay, but I am new to Revaliir and haven’t been in this type of group before, so I thought the Greenhorn’s guild might be for me!
(I’ve already read all the rules and lore but I’m a bit nervous about starting out. Hope it’s ok if I do so here.)

My character is Ivren, a dragon. He’s a Druid and traveler and wants to make some new friends after returning from living alone in the Highlands. There’s more info on him on my profile if necessary.

Looking forward to RPing with you!

Author: Gimli Thranduil, Posted: Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:54 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi everyone, I am here to get a better taste of these lands. Anyone up to start a thread with me? Something on the side of Magic, and maybe with a bit of action in it… Hope to meet you all within my travels… 

Author: Garrett Blackburn, Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Rip i hate these kind of awkward intro things but the silver is too tempting >>

So for now I play only Garrett Blackburn, let me paste his personality for your reading pleasure;
Garrett is a gentle youth, patient and relatively laid-back. He's friendly, easy to approach, though he does hold a measure of wariness for others behind his friendliness. But let him warm up to you, and he's a loyal and steadfast friend, willing to follow you through hell and back (and sigh at you the entire time for your idiocy). He has some issues, however, primarily about his own worth and measure. He's incredibly sensitive over his blindness, and can become surly and bitter if he feels it's being noticed too much or commented upon. He's also all too aware he's starting his way to becoming a mage very late, as his magic only but recently showed itself, and thus pushes himself to exhaustion trying to catch up.

He'll have a traveling companion once my friend settles on her character, so I'm not wholly sure where he's gonna start out at as I'm still reading the lore and trying to get a feel for the world. He's planning to possibly make his way to the Mage College, because it's his dream now to become a mighty wizard, so mighty that none care that he can't see (which… they don't but he doesn't know that the insecure bean).

….. i think i did this right?

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Right now she is basically a wanderer seeing what's over the next hill and listening for any rumors about about vamp/cheetah hybrids. With her heightened senses she's been a caravan guard, personal guard to a high born lady (she was fired due to a slight misunderstanding) and a city hunter selling the meat to the butcher and the skins to the armorer. So she's up for anything adventurewise, as am I. As far as places Id like to visit…I'm still reading up on all the lore and locations. It's sounding like somewhere in Parvpora would be best as Jasmine is a vamp shifter hybrid.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have a lot of characters if you'd like to start a thread! What plans do you have in mind for your character and what places do you want to visit? 

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So obviously I'm new here but I do have a character I think she's pretty much fleshed out, just have to get some items from the shop to help with her shifting and vamp side of things. But I am very very new to writing high fantasy and writing with others. I'm excited to see where my character goes and who she meets on her journey as the only places I've taken her before involved her getting shot and or blownup a few times. 

Author: Imatootle, Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

okay so im new here and i have no idea what the heck to do on this site so could i maybe get a guide….. please?

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there, welcome! If you haven't already, come join our Discord server! So from what I gather, you're unsure on what to do with your character? Does she have any driving motivations, goals, or plans? It can be anything from exploring the world to a quest for knowledge. The sky's the limit for characters here on Rev. 

Author: Ceren-Latham, Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:49 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi my character is a druid. I don't know what I want to do with her actually. :-(

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:44 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:3 feel free to post in my temple or dm me so we can figure something out :D

Author: Arthur, Posted: Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

That would be great thanks, Angela. :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon Jun 4, 2018 10:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I could probably take up another thread for Angela if that is alright with you Arthur :)

Author: Arthur, Posted: Sat Jun 2, 2018 5:53 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, I just joined this forum as I wanted to get into fantasy forum rp for a while and I saw this nice looking website and thought hey this looks like a great forum to join. So here I am the character I made is called Artorius but goes by the nickname Arthur. Artorius is a neutral character with him leaning towards lawful natural but honestly, I don't mind him becoming some evil character or a good guy.

Artorius has to two primary goals the first which is his most important one, and that is to find out where he comes from as he doesn't know who his parents are or what race he is. Artorius second goal is to explore the lands of Parvopra and make a name for himself depending on what kind of route he takes on his journey.

Author: bob_bobinson, Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:37 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thank you! This does seem like it will be pretty fun!

(all good, i should add more anyways)

Author: Ozzet, Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:33 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Welcome to Revaliir, Bob! I'll give you a crash course here since you're new to the whole Roleplaying thing in general, and what we do here. 

Revaliir is a play by post Roleplay Forum taking place in a custom built world of medieval high fantasy, think something akin to Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms as a table top reference, or for television think along the lines of the 1995 Hercules, 2008 Legend Of The Seeker, or even the BBC Merlin television show.  For movies there are countless examples, Lord Of The Rings trilogy comes to mind. We don't really use stats for characters or anything like that, in that sense we're a Free Form writing community with little restrictions on what you're able to write, letting you write the story you want with others without all that messy red tape getting in the way. 

While we're pretty lax on what you do, there are a few rules to take note of however, and you can find them here.

Roleplaying & In-Character Rules

The way all this works is either through private messages on here or the looking for Role Play sub forum, through threads marked with a [O] to show that they're open, or even through the community Discord which you joined earlier you find people and characters you want to write threads with, find an idea for what could happen in the thread or where characters could meet, and just start writing in whatever forum you decide on. Your imagination is your greatest tool here, and whatever you do just have fun most of all, don't ever forget those two ideals. 

What makes Revaliir a bit different than other communities and forums is for starters, while many fantasy worlds have a pantheon of deities, Revaliir's Gods and Goddesses are written by members of our community, they're not figures that sit in the background of a world never to be seen or touched. They're hand picked characters written by some of the best our community has to offer. These characters you can interact with, build stories and relationships with just as you could any other character, and I've always thought that was pretty awesome. So, once you get to writing you'll find items and silver after every post. Most the items you find are going to be used in creating various other items for your character, and there's quite a few of them, though you'll get into that later. The silver you get after each post, well that's used to purchase items for your character, and the way that works is you can not RP your character with an item or spell they do not own. So, through story and writing you'll start to build your character up in various ways. Maybe they worked on learning a spell in one thread and you purchased it afterwards? Maybe they went on a long journey for some sort of arcane weapon? All that matters regardless is that the profile you're posting on, owns the item you're using in your RP and writing. You'll find the shops at the bar near the top of the site under the items tab!

Your character seems fantastic, lots of room for growth in any direction and it's a solid starting place without a doubt. You'll want to post this info in your profile. While you're logged in, look at the top of the website with the grey bar of buttons. You'll see Home, Index, Items, and then finally you should see bob_bobinson, just click the drop down there, jump down to the profile tab, then from there edit and this is where all your character info will go. All in all, I hope you enjoy your stay here on Revaliir, we're super stoked to have you here, and like I said before; Have Fun. That's the main goal of everyone here. If you have anymore questions, let us know by all means. Till then, have a good one, and welcome once more. 

QuickLikeEdit: And I feel so silly because it seems you've already figured out the profile stuff and all that, opps! 

Author: bob_bobinson, Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

cant wait to get started, but at the moment i am rather clueless 

Author: bob_bobinson, Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

ive been wanting to get into roll playing stuffs for a while, and have been thinking about a character for a bit. so here i go.

Borton Roth is a young man who left his northern tribe with ambitions of becoming a powerful sorcerer. He has a deep respect for family and close bonds, something that is at the core of his philosophy. He wanders alone from place to place, seeking knowledge to further his dream. Though he does have a decent bit of natural skill, there is much to be learnt before he can accomplish much. 

What id like to know is how this character would work in this lore, and of there is anything i could add to it. or just general advice would be great. Thanks!

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon May 7, 2018 7:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yep!  It can be found on the index page and home page for the site as well as linked in my last reply :3 Click here!

Author: NeoPoplar234, Posted: Wed May 2, 2018 4:16 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

you have a discord??

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed May 2, 2018 12:35 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey welcome back!  I'd be happy to help with any questions you might have :3  Be sure to check out the Wiki and Rules as they're updated regularly :3  Also definitely join our Discord!  Tons of interaction goes on there so it's a great way to meet and talk to people.

Author: NeoPoplar234, Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hi. I an not technically new but the last time I have been on this site was at least a couple years ago. I need a refresher. somebody help?

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hiya! The best way to improve in rp is to practice. One of my strategies is by learning from examples of writing I find particularly interesting–like how descriptions are written or use of tone in the words. 

To start a new thread, all you need to do is find a place you want to post in (take your pick from our rp forum boards in Canelux and Parvpora), click new thread, title it, put in your first post, and hit submit. Don't forget to put on tags to let people know if you're looking to rp with anybody or a select few.

Common tags we put in our thread titles are [O], (Open) for threads anybody can join; [P], (Private) – only people you invite can post there, [R] – warning for strong language and themes (no in-detail, explicit stuff please), and the rarer [L: #] –insert whatever number you want in the # to denote how many people you are leaving the thread open to. Threads with [L: #] restrictions mean you can have a total of the denoted number of people participating, including whoever starts it. So a [L:2] means you and the first lucky soul who hops on will be allowed to post in it.

If you have any questions, always feel free to ask! And join us on our Discord server if you haven't already for speedier responses and real-time support!

Author: AquaRoyale, Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello!! I'm really new to the site, but I used to do a bit of RP on MSPARP (now known as MXRP) but I wasn't very good. What do I do to get better? How do I start a new "thread"? I'm really confused here but I want to give it a shot! My character's information can be found on my profile, but I feel like she still needs some tweaking.

Lv frm th hrt.
AR

Author: Kord, Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

If you don't mind, then we'll gladly take you up on the offer. I was going to make a demon character, although I don't quite have the details finalised as of yet, and want to play a few posts so I can decide that way. So aside from that, I can't give too much in the way of his motivations or anything, because I'm not entirely certain myself.

Author: Lirin, Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:47 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

First, welcome to Revaliir!
The character sheet can be as detailed as you desire. Could be a one line summary, could be blank. Or it can be a very detailed outline from appearance to personality, temperaments, arsenal and a full background. The last site I joined, I didn't know what I wanted, so I gave the character a "buried alive" scenario and amnesia, filling her in as I wrote. I allowed her to create herself, and I haven't been disappointed.

I have a variety of characters good for most situations. Would you like to RP with me?
Akira is an adorable 6 yr old, the epitome of innocence and highly curious.
Lirin my vampire and Celeste, her twin make excellent hunters in their own rights.
Raziel is a blind, short half angel, all sweet and shy.
Morticia my somewhat mischievous pixie who is currently super depressed.
And Nix, a mercenary (the one who started out with Amnesia)

Author: Kord, Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey,

I'm new to this website, and haven't roleplayed online in what must be be a few years now, so I figured this would be a good place to start because I couldn't see any obvious questions/answers post, and I wanted to have a back-and-forth with someone anyway, just to make sure I was doing the right thing. But my question is, how detailed to character sheets have to be? Could I start off with a really basic description (really basic, just a name and species), and then develop it from there, filling it in after a post or two and I've figured out what I want? Or do I need something a bit more concrete than that?

Author: Aegis, Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:20 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You did not misread. When posting you have a chance to receive an item. The tier of the item you get is all based on RNG. Not all these items you get from posting are Synth or Apothecary items.

Author: TristanaDeformem, Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. One last thing, I remember reading something about dropped items? So how does that work? If that's not a thing then I may have just misread it. 

Author: Aegis, Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

HI there, thank you for taking the time to post in the Greenhorn guild! Also may I say welcome to Revaliir! Great job on the character creation btw, read through your profile, very rarely do people actually take the time to use some of the already laid out lore. So I applaud you on that.

The silver system is based only on how much words you post in the IC forums, has absolutely nothing to do with real world money at all

The items you buy can be used in anyway long as it fits into what the item does. So let's say you buy the fireball spell, you can cast various levels of a fireball but you can't make it set the world ablaze in a single cast.

You can, but I don't believe it is necessary on that one. As we do not have food in our shops.

As for people breaking the rules use the Report button on the top right-hand side of their posts.

It is completely possible to give others items via our trade system =D

Synth is used to craft certain items found in the Synth shop. These items hold special effects and are generally more powerful than your basic run of the mill items
Clicky here for Synth Shop

Fanart is completely allowed, as long as it doesn't contain nudity. Honestly is probably encouraged more than anything.

Author: TristanaDeformem, Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:54 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I'm a roleplayer who does have experience in roleplaying on different rp websites. However I have never used this website's type of system for rp. So I have a couple of questions for the system involving money, items, use of items, etc. Thanks!
——————————————————–
Here is my character btw-

Tristana Deformem: 

She is a young human woman who has spent the majority of her life locked up in a cabin by her Uncle because she was too ugly to be seen. Tristana knows a lot about the evils of the world and how everybody would love to just kill her or something equally terrible (or at least that's what her uncle claimed) but knows little else about the world. When her uncle died she managed to escape the cabin and learned some basic magic/druid stuff from a traveler who really didn't want her to be defenseless.  Now she is exploring, trying to learn about the world and to learn more about herself. 
—————————————————
Questions-

Does the money system rely on us paying real money?
What can you do with the items you buy? 
Do you need to buy food for your character to survive? 
What do I do if I see somebody breaking the rp rules?
Is it possible to give items to other rpers?
What is Synth?
Is fanart allowed? If so what are the rules for it? 
——————————————————–
Thanks!

Author: Aegis, Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there and welcome to Revaliir! Hope you enjoy your stay here. And this is a great place to come and look for people especially newbies such as your self. You have any questions about the site or the whole process that you want to clarify? You can freely ask them here or PM me either right here on the site or on our community Discord server(Though I do go by Leonknight over there)

Author: Jonicus, Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm new to the site and roleplaying in general, and I heard this is a good place to look for people to rp with. If not,  I'm sorry

Author: Eden, Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can RP with more than one person. If you want an open thread, but wanted to limit how many people are in it, you tag the title with [L:#] and replace the # with the actual number you want to max with.

2. You can play out some NPC characters, but if they start appearing more consistently and turn into traveling partners for your characters through multiple threads, you will need to buy them as companion items.

Author: Lamia_The_Sneky_Snek, Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I checked out the rules but more my question is Am I able to 1. do a role play with multiple people? and 2 can I play as like an NPC? just for conversation and stuff like that. indulge in games of chess and stuff like that

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there and welcome!  Happy to have you here :3  Be sure to check out the rules and wiki cuz there's TONS of information there lol  But what questions did you have about the site in general? 

Author: Lamia_The_Sneky_Snek, Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So I'm, not a newbie to roleplaying I just want to learn the basics of the site. is that fine? I love roleplaying… IRL I have a bit of a god complex so if I take a while to reply is because I'm trying to think of something to write that isn't "sips tea as the mortal attempts to shank me" And I looooove everything that is fantasy so this is a great site to me, I hope I have lots of fun and make a lot of roleplaying buddies.

Author: Eden, Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So you want to be surrounded by dinosaurs then? Alright. Let me see what I can come up with!

Author: Bane, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I would say either woodlands or mountains. So maybe Bakulaw Isle or Feeorin Forest. Personally, it seems Bakulaw Isle would better fit Bane. Seeing as it houses many undiscovered monsters. 

Author: Eden, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Not a problem ^^ HOwever, it will be a bit tricky trying to think of a thread with no real details to work off of. Guess we can first start with location. What sort of landscape would Bane find most at home? Would you say she is more of a woodlands creature, or one that prefers the mountains or the desert? It helps me plot out what kind of situation we can build up.

Author: Bane, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh, that character would be absolutely perfect! Idk about any plot details if I'm honest but you know surprise me! P.s. Thanks for the honor of Roleplaying with me! ^-^

Author: Eden, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello Bane. Looks like you have quite the tricky character to play. Is that a problem? I think not. Its good to challenge those on such circumstances. After all, how would a common populous act if such a beast found themselves in the city streets? It can create some interesting tales.

Anyways, I am rambling. You are not here looking for compliments to your character. You are here to write. Well, I think this character here could be your best fit for a first thread. Do you have any ideas on plot details you want?

Author: Bane, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:46 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oof, would anyone want to help me with Roleplaying? 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:26 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

We have a spell for that actually, 'commune with beasts'. And could you specify what this item is?

Author: Hamlet, Posted: Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:33 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

An item that can help. For magic, I want to be able to talk to snakes.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:24 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

What do you mean by an item of importance? For magical abilities, basically whatever you have needs to be something you can get from the shops. You can substitute spells in the shop for what you have in mind, but you should ask staff first to double check to make sure everything's kosher. The same goes for items in the shops too. Alternatively you can ask in our Discord help channel for a quicker reply.

Author: Hamlet, Posted: Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:21 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well, I just want to know the limits. Like, can you have an item of importance not in the shop and can you have magical abilities other than spells? I have had a character before, but I went minimalist on magical abilities and stuff.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:52 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there! I'd be happy the help you! Do you have any questions about general roleplaying, or about roleplaying on the site?

Author: Hamlet, Posted: Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:50 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I would like some help with Roleplaying, seeing as this is my first time. Also, if you are rp-ing with me you will notice I say seeing as a lot

Author: Leverick, Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it and look forward to spending time here with you all. And you're pretty much right about Group Chat RP. While it is simpler, quicker and has more communication, it lacks the amount of detail or depth that a forum RP can have. I would love to tell you more about it but that would get me rambling, so I'll just move on.

I don't mind messaging here or on Discord, whichever is easier for you! I would need your Discord code however. (Sorry about my stupidity when it comes to Discord, I don't use it very often)

Miranda sounds like a lot of fun. A little bit of chaos and mischief can't go wrong, right?

And finally I would like to thank you so much for spending your time and effort to help me get settled in here! I really appreciate it and hope I can repay you someday!

Author: Lirin, Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Welcome Leverick! Welcome to Revaliir! I'm Lirin and you have joined a relatively helpful community! Now, I must say, you've one upped me already, as I've never role played in chat groups before. The difference, I would imagine, would be the "walls of text" you'd see in forums versus chat rooms, as there is more details, descriptions and less straight talking. (though, again, this me being quite unknowing about what you consider chat group rp)

I would be happy to help you get started. Of course, feel free to message me here or on Discord (Lirin on there as well), and I can explain things out. I can provide you a choice of three different characters to play with your character.

First is little Akira. Young and sweet, and tends to get her curious nose into lots of trouble. This six year old is adorable and loveable by just about anyone.
Second is Lirin, Akira's adopted aunt, and a vampire. She's a little mischievous, while at the same time be a bit flirtation/seductive. Whether or not she means it is anyone's guess.
Third and final is Mirannda (Unlike the first two who's name matches their account, Mirannda is the account Nix.) She's… a mess. She wants to be free and chaotic, unhindered by consequences. Yet, she has the pull of her nature to do good by the people. Due to what she is, Mirannda also tends to be very selfless and reckless on the battlefield if it means saving someone's life.

Looking forward to seeing you play and grow with us. <3

Author: Leverick, Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I just logged into this place and am kind of confused. I have roleplayed before but only in chat groups, not forums, so any help would be appreciated

Author: Nix, Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Arisen, I'm already in a thread with you. If you want you could consider it our Greenhorn thread.

Dayton, what did you have in mind story wise? I don't mind giving feedback. I have a variety of characters from innocent Akira, to vampiric elf, a healing elf, and a confused Phoenix.

Author: ArisenMoon, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, so I am just starting out on this site, and was hoping to find someone to rp with and help me get used to the while scene here. Open to a group of people as well, really, anything will do.

Author: Dayton, Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello my little mushrooms

I am looking for a sort of sponsor-overseer, who would verify quickly my texts after posting, and feed me back my main mistakes, to make me progress in english, (or just empeach me to murdered it too much).. I can't see my mistakes alone.

Tell me if your interested, it would be wonderfull. Don't worry, i will not become a fast and flooder RPer. You'll never have a lot to read.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there MaxusJamie! I highly suggest you take a look at our wiki and New Member Guide for site lore and rules. You'll find helpful tips on roleplaying and tags for threads there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Also make sure to join our Discord server! You'll get faster responses to questions there. :)

Author: MaxusJamie, Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey my character is Jamie Maxus. She's a dedicated druid who was born a cursed child. Her unlucky lead to the destruction of nature cult, and everyone in it died because of her birth. Her parents left her in the ruins to die and monks took her in. Although they didn't put her on into becoming one, she became a druid after much work and worshipping and now she's going around to protect nature all around. She knows how to fight very well, knowing martial arts, melee, and she's a decent archer. My plan is for her birth to forgiven and for her to be able to become a dryad goddess one day because of her faithfulness and devotion to nature.

Author: Eriator, Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:09 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there. I used to roleplay almost two years ago but the forum died. Now I'm trying again. I'm reviving my old character, a dragonborn mage who used to be somewhat serious but also liked pulling jokes on people and making plans. It has been been some time since I played him however so he may have changed a bit. I'm looking for someone to roleplay with and explain to me how exactly that works here.

Author: satireocean, Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm looking for someone to help me learn this world as I go and get me started! Satire is a Elvin shifter who is flirty and way to honest. Kind of lord of the rings elvin meets siren. 

Author: Serci, Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi Lazy! My activity isn't what it once was, but I would love to help you out. I have a TE Vampire/Werewolf mercenary and A goody goody toeshoes paladin. The best way to reach me is through Discord but you can PM as well if you want to discuss warming up. 

Author: Lazy Latte, Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey. It's been a while since I've tried this kind of thing, would love to have someone do a warm-up topic with me.

My idea for this character is something like a roguish martial artist, working all serious-like as a hired guard through the Desert for people traveling in and out of Sularia. I'm not really sure where I want his story to go from here, though, since I'm not really familiar with the world yet. He's the serious, too-literal, probably-doesn't-really-get-your-jokes type, all good intentions with a shake of intensity.

Author: Cin, Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Looking to get started here on this site I have a Kitsune mage with a bit of a whimsical attitude…. preferred locations: Library, mage specific type guild, or bathouse

Author: Lirin, Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:20 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I tagged you in discord :)

My little elf is CelesteJN, and she's got no friends, and is barely beginning to feel sane enough to go back out into the world alone. We could meet during a hunt or something?

Author: Rhaenys, Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'd love to sign up! I'm by no means new to roleplaying, but I am new to medieval roleplays (and honestly anything "human"). My character is Rhaenys, she's an elf ranger, though once I have the money for it, I plan on having her learn some elemental spells and sort of specializing in enchanted arrows.

Author: ShamanicHeathen7475, Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, just your friendly neighborhood writer man ShamanicHeathen here. I have been a member of an RP site before but it was a wolf shifter site only and so the focus is much different on this site. Alas the old site became inactive and that's how I found my way here. My only character as of right now is Hagar, a human shaman who was adopted by an old tribal shaman he met in the woods after he was orphaned. Hagar learned the ways of the Shaman and his mentor sent him on his way to forge his own path in the world. Hagar Is a chaotic neutral character and travels across the lands working his magic and offering his services to those in need….for a small fee of course. If anyone could help me out by doing a thread with me I would greatly appreciate it! Would love to learn how combat situations (as well as relations to the deities and how to work with them) work on this site.

Author: Krumm, Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

New here, here's my ongoing character bio.

https://revaliir.net/forum/rp/character-journals/2967/?page=1#

Author: Sophie, Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:35 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well, a big idea I have is my character is a really bad person, but as he gets on in life and confronts his past he becomes a better person.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

@Sophie: Sure thing, do you have any specific ideas in mind? How would you like to start, and where? I have several characters on hand.

Author: Sophie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm looking for some rp-ing to help me get used to it roleplay.

Author: Lirin, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Nobody has forgotten you Sophie. Your reply is the last on the previous page, Shiloh was answering your questions and is the first on this page. 

So what questions do you have? Do you want a run-down of the basics or any specific questions? Double posting is considered poor forum etiquette, so please do not post excessively just to get people to notice a thread.

What kind of help are you looking for sweetie beyond looking for a partner? We see you already have a character idea, so that's one hurdle already overcome.

Author: Sophie, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hi i already asked but someone might have forgotten. I have never role-played so i would like some help

Author: ILoveIcees, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I would love to partner up with you, and I don't mind waiting. Maybe you could message me whenever you're ready to rp (or not, if that's not usually how things go here)?

Author: Serci, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:07 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there, Icees, welcome to Revaliir! I would be more than happy to partner up with you and your dryad, right? I have a pretty easygoing paladin I would like to throw your way. However, It will be eight hours till I get home to my computer. If you don't feel like waiting, I suggest you head over to our discord server and introduce your self there. While your there you can ask if anyone wants to Rp you there. Or drop a thread in the Roleplay Discussions on the site asking if anyone wants to partner up.

Author: ILoveIcees, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there! I'm new and slightly comfortable with roleplaying, but I was wondering if anyone would mind RPing with me to help me learn the ropes of this particular world? I'd be really grateful!

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:35 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So what questions do you have? Do you want a run-down of the basics or any specific questions? Double posting is considered poor forum etiquette, so please do not post excessively just to get people to notice a thread.

Author: Sophie, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:28 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hello. I'm here for some help with roleplaying and maybe some people to roleplay with

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:47 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Heya! Starting your adventure is easy. You can either create an open thread with a [O] or [Open] tag, or join a thread which has that tag. If you're interested in joining a thread that has a [P] or [private] tag you will need to ask the creator of the thread for permission first before joining. If you want, I'm open for rp! I have a handful of characters you can pick and choose from. :D

Author: Comatosemonkey, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:56 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, I'm new to Roleplaying. I got my charachter down and his speciality but how do I start my Adventure? 

Author: magpie, Posted: Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:02 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

yes absolutely lirin that sounds great!

Author: Lirin, Posted: Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi magpie! I would love to help you get started here at Rev. Am I correct in assuming you have an idea of who or what your character is going to be? Even if you don't, that's fine too.

To start posts, you find where you want to start (i was told our map is supposed to be interactive. So try clicking on where you want to start and you should be taken to that forum.) Click New Thread. Be sure to title it, add any restrictions (private, open, event (since you're starting on the first day of our anniversary you will get the whole month of opportunities)). Fill it with your post and submit it :)

Since you posted here, would you like me to be your veteran partner?

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

@Magpie: You can join open threads, or ask people if you can join private ones. Threads that are open for anyone to join have either an [O] tag or [Open]. Private threads have a [P] or [Private] tag. Have you read the rules and the wiki yet? It's a good place to get a feel for the site. If you haven't already, I suggest you join our Discord server. There you can get feedback in real-time and have more specific questions answered.

If you want, you can also make a thread in this forum saying you you're looking for people to join you, or vice versa.

Author: magpie, Posted: Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:29 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hello im new how do I sart an RP?

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Also for everyone, our discord is a great place to get to know others and start up RPS as well so be sure to check it out :3 https://discord.gg/PKxVE9n

Author: Finner the Pantomath, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:02 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

That sounds awesome. I'm absolutely down. I'll shoot you a pm.

That being said, there are a few questions I still have. So if one of the mentors wouldn't mind contacting me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Author: Ivacus Manaclaw, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Given that there's a lot of us looking for a thread, why don't we brainstorm something together?  All of our chars seem to be on a quest for identity, and I can imagine a sheltered elf, a socially inept homunculus, an intelligent artificer and a misanthropic kobold is a recipe for complete catastrophe awesome storytelling.

Author: _queenvicky, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hail, good folk! Been snooping around for a while and I think that I would love to stay! I take it that's where I type something about my character and wait for a senior user to help sort out my stuff while pairing up to produce a fun RP.

So, Vikki is a Human, who had arrived to the continent of Canelux quite recently, from some undescript Gnomish Kingdom from distant lands, a place where she grew up after she was luckily discovered as a baby by locals. Driven by wanderlust, as well as an identity crisis, she left her homeland to explore. A bright mind, well skilled in the arcane arts and engineering, Vikki's adventures shall not be dull, either! Assuming I will successfully portray her as such, ha ha!

Author: Finner the Pantomath, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there! I'm Finn (I'll just use my characters name for convenience). I'm decently experienced in roleplaying, but am a little lost, being new. Just looking for a little guidance on the lore, and hopefully someone to RP with.My character is a homunculus, handcrafted by a crochety old sorceror to store ancient memories. Finner is incapable of accessing these memories, but is being hunted down by mercenaries for them. Finner takes the form of a young man, made of stone. Basically a statue of a twenty-something… but alive. Finn is utterly naive, and often bizarre in behaviour. What can you expect? He spent the last two centuries pretending to be an inanimate object.Anyway, I appreciate any feedback and/or assistance. Thanks!

Author: Ivacus Manaclaw, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks so much for the helpful links.  I've been leaning towards Pavelora as some sort of starting place based on the skimming I've done previously but there's so much to look through on the wiki, it's exciting!

As for my character, I wrote a journal entry to sort of get into fleshing him out a bit more…but I think he's kind of my way of writing a journey of self-discovery.  Coming from a place where a collective is valued more than the individual and sort of having him explore who he is, getting into a bunch of weird hijinks in the process.  I'm not sure what kind of thread I'd want to do but really anything I'm up for.  

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello Kaane!  Glad you decided to join our happy RP family!  We try to be a very opening bunch and we're happy to have you :3  Yes, our lore can be QUITE expansive and it's growing every day!  To read up on it specifically you can check out the Wiki for it (click me friend!)  Though really the Wiki in general is great for getting your bearings (click ME now) 8D.  

Really there's not too much to stress about so long as you keep to the lore and the rules (click click).  Questions are always encouraged so that you feel comfortable :3

What's important is you having fun, so really, what kind of thread would you have fun doing?  Tell us a bit about your character :3

Author: Ivacus Manaclaw, Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well this site looks bloody awesome

Hi all, nice to meet you.  I'm using my character name as my username but my OOC name is Kaane.  Call me either or, idc ^^.

I'm semi-experienced in forum roleplay, but high fantasy stuff is new to me.  I came here after getting disillusioned with a site that was turning towards emotionally charged, regimented PvP to move every arc forward, and this kind of freeform site looks like the perfect place to get back into some serious collaborative storytelling.

Since the lore is so vast here, I'm a bit confused on where and with whom to start off my character.  But if anyone's willing to help me out in that regard, or maybe do a thread, I'd love to start diving right in!

Author: Sera, Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey everyone! Looking to get started. Just finished writing up this character's biography and background. Not so coincidentally I left the end of the biography rather open to make a (hopefully) smooth transition to a first thread. Would any veteran like to jump into an RP? I'm a relatively fast poster and can generally put up around five or six per day on average, so fast posting is fine with me.

Author: Rhea, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh, opps. This was the account I meant to answer on. I was sure I was on my main one!

Author: Kineko, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:56 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I may be able to help with that since no one has answered yet. I have room for another thread.  We can have a chitchat on what you thinking about with your first thread. I have been on Revaliir since it started, so I know most all the areas at this point! I can send you a private message or we can talk through direct messages(DM) on Discord if that would work better for you. I am excited to work with you!

Author: Arannis Falone, Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:08 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, I just joined up and could use some help adjusting to the site. I have the character built and ready to go, starter pack in hand. Just need a bit of guidance on how to get started.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

The designated rp areas on the forum all drop some form of loot based on drop tables and a silver algorithm. Silver is the equivalent of gold in most other rpgs and you can get that from every roleplay post you make based on the number of characters in your post. Silver can be used to purchase most items in the shops just like any other rpg.

There are also rarer items referred to as alchemy and synth in those shops that require extra loot to craft in addition to silver. Each post that grants silver also has a chance to drop alchemy/synth ingredients, but each area has a different drop table associated with it. If you ever have trouble getting a specific ingredient, you can also trade with other players to get what you want. As always, the discord is a great place to ask questions if you ever feel lost.

Author: Mobire, Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey There! I'm fairly new to forum based RP so I figure it would be a good place for me to get started! I think I have a pretty basic grasp on the rules, but as far as lore goes I've tried to minimize what I actually know aside from the basics to help play Mobire better. He's a fledgling adventurer out to see the world and possibly make his fortune in the process. He's most likely to be a little naive about the workings of the world around him but is otherwise a nice guy that tries his best at most things. He'll respect the rules so long as they aren't too chaffing, or perhaps impede on what might be an interesting experience. 

I'm pretty good as far as questions go, but I'm not entirely sure I understand how the loot/drop system works for materials.

Author: Tore, Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

@Diamond_Assasion
Just wanted to add that there are regularly big site events with predefined objectives, settings and special drops (I think you can find the old event threads in the archives if you want to see some examples). Other than that, what CodeAni said o/

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:38 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

@Diamond_Assassin

Spells are a physical representation of spells your character knows. Once you buy them, it's like learning them.
There are no predefined quests, but there is a map and plenty of areas to choose from: https://revaliir.net/map/.
For usernames, you can submit a request to an admin(or me) via a private message and we'll see about changing it for you.

@Sweet Peach

I might also suggest joining our Discord from here: https://discord.gg/PKxVE9n. You can get fast help on rping and learning the ropes in there. Plus, you don't even need an official account. :)

Author: Ranlith the Ranger, Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

also is there any way to change your username?

Author: Ranlith the Ranger, Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hey, two questions to anyone who can answer
are the spells in your inventory single use or are they just a physical representation of the spells your character knows?
are there any dungeons or quests with predefined maps and objectives that i and some friends can explore?

Author: Sweet Peach, Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hmmm not really sorry im completely new to this and im not sure how i want to start. Interesting lore tho its cool

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there!  Excited to have you on the site :D  This is a great place to get some upstart on your RPing :3  Be sure to check out LORE, FAQs, WIKI and of course the site RULES. And remember that we're all here to help and have fun so if you ever have any questions or concerns don't hesitate in the least to speak up! Do you have any ideas for a thread you'd like to be in? :3

Author: Sweet Peach, Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:19 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey Just Peachy to be here to be honest im completely new to the whole roleplay scene how ever in happy to learn and make friends along the way :)

Author: Serci, Posted: Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:57 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, thanks for volunteering! Nice to meet you. I've actually figured out most of my questions. I'll get started on a profile sometime tomorrow!

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:26 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hiya Serci! I'm not exactly what you'd call a veteran, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability!

Author: Serci, Posted: Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ah… Hehlp, I need a veteran…. Hi, I'm Serci… I'm not exactly new at the whole RP scene, but this is the biggest board I've experienced. I hope It's okay If I ask a few question over Pm to the poor unlucky soul who gets stuck with me…

Author: The Slumbering Dragon, Posted: Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sign me up.

New to Revaliir, so I like to see where such an adventure will take me. :)

Author: Douken, Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:01 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

No worries, no worries (This is still Jesgil… just on the account he will be using for this mainly because I was checking some things out XD)

And don't worry about it. Its fun meeting people all over the world like this, really. I guess if it helps any, I am in the PST, so at the time of writing this response, it is 9:10 PM.

Once you have your thread written up, feel free to PM it to this account here, and i will try and get to it as soon as I see it ^^

Author: chels, Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Add myself to that list of gratitude so wonderfully described by Boneami!

Jesgil - ahh okay, no that makes sense! Let's meet at one of the ruin sites. I'll start a thread later today~! (Don't mind my weird time zone.)

Author: boneami, Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:07 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

As with many other posts I've seen in here I haven't played in a very long time. I've enjoyed reading some of the threads I've seen and intend to keep reading but, there's always a but huh? I've only ever played free-form and almost always one on one. Things like armor stats and the things you buy with silver are out of my realm of experience. But hey, if I can't play I can still watch! I know from previous experience how tough it is to run a place like this and the fact you guys are still around and obviously popular speaks volumes to the dedication and time spent by your staff. I'm sure you have people tell you how much they appreciate what you do all the time and add my name to that list. Never forget that all your hard work gives many people hours of fun and a much needed release from the mundane. Seriously, Thanks! :)

Author: Jesgil, Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:56 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Not at the bar, but at one of the ruin sites. The one with the job is there to scour it for some historical details while the other arrives because of pure dumb luck/personal visit to the area. Unless you want it all to start at the tavern. I am here to help you, not the other way around XD

And if you are worried about the dust bunnies, I am sure I can help them get cleaned right up ^^

Author: chels, Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:06 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

That all sounds perfect to me! So to clarify, one person is working at the bar to gather information, and the other kind of stumbles across the place… and that's how they meet?

Evelyn would be likely to work in the tavern for a short time to get some cash…. it sounds like dumb luck is kind of Douken's thing XD Does that sound good to you? I'm happy to start the thread; but you'll have to forgive the cobwebs and dust bunnies decorating my roleplay skills!

Author: Jesgil, Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:01 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

If we are talking about rumored treasures, then Douken would be the man for the job there. And why pass on the tavern middle man and start straight at the sight? One can be assigned an actual job to check out the region while the other finds it through dumb luck or his own rumors. After all, Douken does have a relic he is currently passively looking answers for. If he is low on coin and a dangerous temple exploration job pops up, why not investigate? Both the scholar/architect/archeologist and the him would be glad to seek out such a project.

So, all we need now is to choose who has the job and who finds the place at random and start from there! =P Although I think storyflow-wise, this would mean the one with the job would start the thread… If that is alright with you.

Author: chels, Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Haha, got it. I will endeavour to keep this to 4.75 pages at most XD

I see. I think I've done all I can to set Evelyn up… the rest of  her character development will occur via roleplay. And, yes! I used to love putting my characters in difficult situations. For Evelyn, I think that forming a trusting relationship with someone will be a huge thing. Of course, this will involve a great deal of external and internal conflict. I think, perhaps, I would personally find it too hard to allow my character to harass poor Eden… I'd feel awful, knowing her background!

I have a number of character plots in my head that I am hoping to unroll within the context of various larger plots…. I'm still trying to learn about all the different settings we have here, but the Ancense Ruins have peaked my interest. Perhaps we can create a situation in which Evelyn and one of your characters are somehow forced to team up to find some kind of rare treasure rumoured to be buried there…. and they have to face the dangers that lurk deep within the tunnels. Evelyn would find Douken's carefree attitude and tendency to get lost extremely frustrating, and she would probably have to consciously stop herself from trying to kill Jesgil because of her helpful, smiley manner. It'll be fun.

We could start much smaller, though, and just see what happens. Taverns are a good place to meet people and get some info about rumoured treasure… ;-) What do you think?

Also thank you for the heads up on the commune with beasts technique! I hadn't even considered that. Luckily, it's in my price range!

Author: Jesgil, Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I think we can discuss speaking about things here just fine, as long as we don't take up five pages XD

And I may suggest getting your first character pretty set up before delving into another, unless you already got experience and ideas on how they would be like. Creating instances that would challenge their thoughts is always great to experiment and flesh out their personas, whether it be getting ripped off at a market sale, confronted my a mob of goblins, or simply the mindset when having too much to drink!

Now then, what kind of tale do you want to start with? Always a great way to think about the journey, even if it has simple beginnings. Even if I sort of suck making opening threads, i would be more than willing to set up the pieces.

Also, before I forget, the reason why you want Silver is to purchase items and spells your character can use. You cannot use Communicate with Beasts without that technique. I bring this up because I saw on your profile that was a skill she was pretty adept with it seemed.

Author: chels, Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello AJ! Thank you so much for extending an offer for help! I would love to "dip my feet in the water" with either of your characters, they all sound very intriguing. Although, Evelyn - being a hot-headed mess - would probably work best in a roleplay format with either Douken Sota or Jesgil Yamar. At least initially, while I'm still developing her character. Evelyn has the ability to be empathic and compassionate if she can pull her head out of her bum for long enough to resonate with someone else's pain (as in the case of Eden), but I'm not all too sure what this would look like yet.

I am also in the process of creating another character, Gareth Smith, who will be somewhat more of an agreeable type. But I have no idea who he is yet! Haha.

What are your thoughts? Should we move this to message and discuss further from there?

And thank you for the silver advice! Very much appreciated!!

Author: Jesgil, Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:16 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Good morning, Chels. Do not mind the shiny and newness of this profile confuse you. I had the muse for another character is all. Either way, welcome to our lovely site of Revaliir. If you want to dip your feet in the water, I am willing to aid you, if you wish. The characters I currently possess is Douken Sota, a human explorer with a simple, carefree nature and an expert at getting lost, Eden, a tigerkin gladiator who has recently escaped her title of slave, though still not vocal considering she was banned from talking for so long its hard for ehr to make any noises except screaming, and finally Jesgil Yamar here, who is a a traveling maid, willing to aid those in need, though not afraid to defend herself. As she says, "Everything must be done with a smile."

You are correct in getting silver by posting and the wishing well, but its more that those are the most common methods. By posting, you also collect recourse materials that can be crafted into "rare" items, but can also be traded and sold to other members, though usually because they are in a surplus. Another way is keeping an eye out for events that tends to have pretty hefty prize pools of silver and rare/unique supplies.

Author: chels, Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:57 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! :-) Lovely to meet you guys, this site's maturity and complexity has blown me away so far. I've never actually joined a roleplaying site before. I used to roleplay a lot casually as a teenager (when I should've been studying for exams), but was sometimes unable to understand even my OWN characters. Hopefully my psychology degree will come in handy, now, though. :-D

Right. So. I've read the rules, the newcomer's FAQ guide thingy, worked a bit on my character in my profile… trying to be as not-needy as possible, buuut I worry that without some assistance I may grow too nervous to ever actually get involved in a roleplay (I'm a little shy / intimidated by everyone's brilliance). Do we like… just sort of jump in and hope for the best? Also, just to clarify - the only ways to earn silver is by posting and by wishing in the well, right?

Many thanks!

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there! Welcome to the site! This thread is for new members to ask for help on things instead of an actual tavern, so no real roleplaying goes on in here. You seem to already know the basics, so I'm sure you'll do fine in the roleplay boards. :D

If you haven't already, I highly suggest reading the rules, wiki, and reading up on the descriptions of every area. I've done both forum and chatroom rp myself, so the main difference for forum rp is that instead of responding in real-time, your posts will be responding to the other posts in the thread before you and so on. 

Here's a few quick tips to get started:

• Make sure to participated in the weekly lotteries for silver (site-currency) and crafting items! A new round starts every Saturday so don't wait! It's a great way to get some extra coin for those nice things in the shops. You can ask up to 500 silver every time you participate, and for the crafting item's lotto you can either ask for 2 rare items or 5 common ones. 
  •  Shops Tab: There are all sorts of things you can buy in the shops here. If you want to roleplay your character doing an action, make sure you have the required items ( or something similar to substitute). You can get equipment, miscellaneous things, npcs, pets, and even super special items that require silver or crafting items.
  • Synth items: Whenever you post, you randomly get some things like timber, coal, metals, or gems. These can be used in enchantments for your weapons or make powerful items in the Synth Forge. You can also buy/sell items in the Trading Bazaar.
  • Every new member starts with a silver boost for a month, so make the most out of your posting to get as much silver as you need!
  • Journals: Need a little more silver but don't want to make an entirely new thread just for that? You can make a journal thread which gives you silver when you post. You can only make 1 post every 24 hours, and posting in other people's journals is not allowed. 
If you have any other questions, why don't you join the site's Discord server? The admins and mods are on there if you want to ask more technical questions.

Author: That Ryan Guy, Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

My apologies, I completely botched the formatting in my previous post. Here's the fixed version:

Hey howdy hey!

I've done some short form RP in chatrooms before, but forum RP is a completely new animal to me, and I'll take any advice/help I can get! As for my character…

Kendrick Kulner is a tall young man from a small village to the north. With both of his parents tragically kidnapped by witches at a young age, he was taken in by the town guard and raised as one of their own. After several years’ service, he grew restless and left to find what had become of his parents. Kendrick’s preferred weapon is the crossbow, though just a bow will do, and in close quarters he can defend himself with a short sword. Being from a country village, Kendrick knows little of magic or academics, but what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for in charm.

I guess this forum is supposed to be like a tavern, soooooooooooo…

The country boy entered the tavern cautiously. He had never been to any tavern but the small pub from his home town, and was deeply suspicious. The room looked similar enough to his familiar pub, just a bit larger and benches placed differently. He sat down at the end of a long table, and scanned the room.

I might be doing this completely wrong so please let me know if this is not how to do things or if I'm out of decorum!

Author: That Ryan Guy, Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey howdy hey!I've done some short form RP in chatrooms before, but forum RP is a completely new animal to me, and I'll take any advice/help I can get! As for my character…Kendrick Kulner is a tall young man from a small village to the north. With both of his parents tragically kidnapped by witches at a young age, he was taken in by the town guard and raised as one of their own. After several years’ service, he grew restless and left to find what had become of his parents. Kendrick’s preferred weapon is the crossbow, though just a bow will do, and in close quarters he can defend himself with a short sword. Being from a country village, Kendrick knows little of magic or academics, but what he lacks in knowledge he makes up for in charm. I guess this forum is supposed to be like a tavern, soooooooooooo…The country boy entered the tavern cautiously. He had never been to any tavern but the small pub from his home town, and was deeply suspicious. The room looked similar enough to his familiar pub, just a bit larger and benches placed differently. He sat down at the end of a long table, and scanned the room.I might be doing this completely wrong so please let me know if this is not how to do things or if I'm out of decorum!

Author: StormEagle , Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:08 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, everyone. 

Well, I am not new to roleplay but I am very rusty, need some of this rust knocked off my shoulders. 
I lean more to fantasy and dark fantasy types of role plays but I am flexible enough to do other types as well as
long as I know what is going on. I am a very relaxed role player and pretty open to new types of role play as long as I know what is going on before hand. So any help I can get would be great. 

Thank you for your time 

StormEagle

Author: Silver Star, Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello new friend! Welcome to Revaliir!
Don't worry about posts, really, you get used to adding detail as you do it more. I think I started with five-sentence posts or something. 
If you'd like to start up a thread with me, my character is sort of a wanderer/explorer who can be found pretty much anywhere at this point in time. She doesn't prefer to get in danger, but has a habit of doing it anyway looking for information about the hidden places of the world. She can be nice enough if you are, but if you come across as snobbish or uptight, she can be downright snarky.
Tell me if that sounds interesting!

Author: OzirisXP, Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there.
So, I'm not exactly new to roleplaying, buuut…
I've never been a part of a forum roleplay. I was either a part of Tabletop RPG's and P&P games or chatroom RPs where you post one-liners. Having that said, detail is not my strong side and I have a hard time writing an appropriate amount for a forum post (even if there is no strict word word requirment/limit).
As for my character, he has just set off on his travels so his location might be somewhere along the road or around taverns, preferably on Canelux, maybe in the Adeluna kingdom. He is primarily a Bard so he can ever adventure into a dungeon filled with undead (although that might end up with him getting slain) in search of inspiration.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can't delete the accounts but next time we do have a discord that you can use to get ahold of Admins when activation doesn't work. :) (if we delete them that messes with our records)

I can most definitely help you out if you want to rp I've been a bit rough lately but I would love to help!

Author: Eriator, Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:03 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Seems like I should read everything a little better, forget to introduce my character. My character is a dragonborn sorcerer who doesn't know anything of this world (like me) but has left his home to travel it. He is a serious person and likes to make plans. Often these involve jokes however. 

Author: Eriator, Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:33 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there.
I'm not new to roleplaying but it's been some time. Also, the site were I used to play had a different posting system so I will probably need a bit of help with that. So i would like to know how to continue after creating your character and what a good substitute would be for a white raven pet. And also (though I don't know if this is the right place to ask this) I tried to make a second account but something went horribly wrong and I created a whole string of accounts that don't work but are registered. Their names are Eriatar, Eriakotar and The Double Shaded. Could they be removed?

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi Kiyoshi,
I'm fairly new to the whole roleplaying thing myself but I feel I've definitly gotten used to this site now and have all the basic knowledge down.
Therefore, feel free to ask me anything via Private Message and I will strive to get back to you in a timely fashion. I'm sure any of the staff will be happy to help you out too but they are pretty busy people. (^‿^)
I'd also be most happy to roleplay with you if your looking for a partner but I warn you I am juggling a few threads already plus real life so I may not be as swift as is usual for me.
Illusory Angel.
(=^..^=)

Author: Kiyoshi, Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:52 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

'Ello mates!

I am what you could call a "Halfling Noob", in the respect that I have been roleplaying for about 5 years but never on an actual site; I am new to everything that is unique to roleplay sites, but not to the act of roleplaying itself.

That being said, I have a character fresh out of the oven (Huiliang) that I would love to start running with, if anyone would mind gracing me with a helping hand? I promise I'll make the effort worth it!

Author: shanrafire_, Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have nothing in particular in mind at all 

Author: Xunatar, Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can start the thread and send you the link for it. Any area you'd like to start at?

Author: shanrafire_, Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yeah I saw the newbies should sign up for this after I posted my intro but yeah definitely! Much appreciated mate

Author: Xunatar, Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

'Ello! Already replied to your intro thread, and I hope you do enjoy your stay!

We are all helpful around here, so if you come across any problems or concerns, feel free to ask us. :)

Also, I can assist you on getting used to Rping if you'd like.

Author: shanrafire_, Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello everyone! i have no experience with rp, so this all is pretty overwhelming, but the more i explore the more i start to get the hang of things. so tips and advice and help is all welcome my friends.

My character is Faylen she is an elf and she's an assassin. She was the best assassin in her keep and is extremely cocky, everything she does is for her benefit. Though she is an assassin she does have some morals and makes her kills quickly. She left her keep because she felt as though she had been forced into this path and though she feels that shes meant to be an assassin she also feels that she needs more in her life. She is impulsive and a lot of the time she does not think before she does. She wants adventure and love and everything else that an assassin could possibly have. She wants the world. 

Everyone should also know I am so new to writing as well so please bare with me as much as possible ^.^

Thanks for the patience guys, 
Shanra/Blake

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello and welcome, new friend!  You've definitely come to the right place for finding a starting RP partner!  I'd love to RP with you, and I LOVE this level of enthusiasm :3

Don't worry either, everyone starts somewhere and we have all been where you are lol  Almost all of these answers can be found on our WIKI ( <– click me friend).  Be sure to check that out for all sorts of things, like LORE, FAQs, and the site RULES.

As for your character, right now just focus on a character you'd have a lot of fun writing as, and then you build from there!  Things like back story, personality, abilities, etc. will all come easier the more you write with them :3  There's tons of stuff on the Wiki to help you feel more comfortable and of course answer some questions.  All in all, remember that it's about fun and creativity!

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Greetings!
I believe I am looking for a partner willing to put up with an enthusiastic and ignorant newbie.
I'm completely new to everything; roleplaying, this site and forums in general. I'm not even certain if I'm posting in the right place! I don't know much of the lore of this site either but I'm hoping I can pick up what I need to on the go. Also, I'm not sure how and when one should use their inventory items.
However, I'm quite keen to get stuck in. Roleplaying sounds like great fun (I love writing). I've looked up a bit about it so I'm fairly confident I can write in character. It's just the mechanics I think I'm gonna have to get to grips with.
I'm so so sorry if I come across as too uninformed or lazy.
Please let me know if there is anything in particular I need to research or if my character needs adjustment.
Illusory Angel.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

-stands behind Gypsy-

Yes, if any of you are still looking for some threads, I have a few characters available!

Author: Porthyrius, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Not a problem, I would love to help you out.

Author: completelyhopeless, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, I'm not sure if this is still open, but I'm new to the role play world and I'm not really sure what to do, or how to start.

Thanks for any help
Lucy, or Allyria

Author: Coivaqile, Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have no clue whatsoever about how items work or what 'class' means.  I've mostly done rp on other sites before, but it wasn't an entire world for rp.

Author: Coivaqile, Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, I'm not sure how this works.  I understand the actual writing part of it, but not the how to start part.  How do I start rping with other people in some area?  And what if it is needed to move to another place during the rp?  And I don't understand the journals at all.  Can someone help me?

My character is a dragon that can turn into a human if wanted.  I just want to start her somewhere and see where she goes.

Author: Xavier Kit, Posted: Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, I'm new to the site but I have a huge love of rp and writing in general. I get the general gist of things and I have opened my character's journal and placed her in an inn, but I was wondering if anyone could show me the ropes as I am unfamiliar with pretty much everything that isn't outright rp or story-writing, such as the combat system and buying and selling and all that good stuff. Thank you for your time!(My Character (Xavier Kit) is a shape-shifter most comfortable in the form of an elf, she's a rogue and a chaotic neutral and likes witty conversations and light mischief.)

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:48 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I see, I see. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be godmodding in case I used it. I'll keep my questions in pms and outside of this thread from now on. Thanks for the help!

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Thu Apr 6, 2017 10:35 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

From my understanding, it could be either, or a combination of both.  I think it is up to your interpretation.

Also, if you have other questions that are not related to RPing through the Greenhorn's Guild, would you mind asking them in the Help forum?  :) That avoids clogging this one up.  You can also feel free to PM me, one of the moderators, or another administrator as well.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Wed Apr 5, 2017 7:00 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Just wondering, for Spectral Blades and Conjure Magic Weapon would they deal magical or physical damage? I've read the spell descriptions but I'm still confused.

Author: Xunatar, Posted: Wed Apr 5, 2017 3:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

From what I've gathered from your journal entries and profile, I think she would get along with Xunatar quite well.

Author: Nixie Laundelle, Posted: Mon Apr 3, 2017 7:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, I'm Hannah. I used to write in a forum based roleplay absolutely years ago and I've joined Revaliir as my boyfriend is a long term member and thought I'd give it another go! I'm looking for someone to write with me so here's a little info on my character.

My character is called Nixie Laundelle and she is a faery who appears human. She feeds off of other people's emotions in a sort of vampiric way. When she feeds it doesn't harm the person but Nixie orchestrates situations to get the biggest emotional yield. She is very manipulative and sociopathic in meeting her needs so may help a person or equally seek to destroy them. She is a chaotic neutral. See my journal for an example. 

Cheers,
Hannah

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:44 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks, that clears things up a lot. I'll be careful to check my spell levels before deciding what to cast.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:30 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

It's all by judgment here on Rev. The rules on Powerplaying apply here so it is far.  

Mostly combat works by talking things out with your rp partner before hand or attempting to hit them. 

Use your best judgment. Obviously, your character can't cast 2 epic spells in a row. (acid rain and hellfire for example) but your character could cast 10 fire balls (lowest level spells)

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Nice to meet you! I have a few questions about the combat and magic system. I noticed healing/magic restore potions were sold in the shop and I was wondering how is damage and magic power usage calculated?

Author: Porthyrius, Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

HI There! I'd love to help you get started, Shiloh! My name is Gypsy, and I play our several characters, including Adraejen Porthyrius, the God of Knowledge and Arcane Magics. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, new member here! I've had some experience in a rp site like this one but I'd like to know more about how roleplaying and battles work at Revaliir. I just finished setting up my character's profile and I can't wait to start! Shiloh's a wary, careful sort who just escaped from being buried alive, so please excuse her less than optimal present state of mind. 

Author: Naota, Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

All righty!  I'll pick a low populated place and post the thread up once I've got it!

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

A place without alot of people. I don't think my character would be the type to hang around heavily populated areas

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sounds good!  Any place in particular you'd like to rp in?

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

We can do a different one because the one I'm roleplaying in it probably would be confusing if your character hopped in right now xD

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Brittlez is right!  In fact, some times I write Naota in different parts of his time line, I even have his threads in my profile set up in chronological orders so that I can write for when he's younger or older :3  You can be in as many threads as you want!  I think I'm in around…7 right now?  So it's up to you!  If you want I can hop into the thread you're already a part of, or we can do a different one.  Whichever you'd be most comfortable with :3

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You are allowed to rp as many threads as you want. I do a fluid timeline so Angela can be in as many threads as I want. So the answer is yes.

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:00 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Or are characters allowed to be in mutiple places?

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well i like roleplaying in forests a lot XD

I didn't really have plans for her. I just wanted to eventually have her discover she is not a ghost and find out about her real past (I haven't thought about that yet).

Also I had started roleplaying with someone (I forgot that i had promised to roleplay with you first(sorry >.<)), but you could join too if you want I guess. We haven't really got into it yet.

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

What type of thread would you like to do?  Do you have any plot ideas in particular for your character? :3

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:16 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

XD thanks and I would love to too.

I'll look for those in the shop.

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:38 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Heya!  First things first, your character sounds extemely interesting and I'd love to do a thread with you :3

Secondly, to be safe I think having "wind meld" and "astral projection" could cover the intagible nature of your character but I'm still looking for more ideas to help you cover bases.

Author: Ossuki, Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I guess I'll start out with talking about my character.

My character is supposed to be a demon convinced that she is a ghost. Her name is Yurei (one of the many japenese names for ghost) and she is the stereotypical look of a ghost from a horror movie; long black hair, completely gray eyes, and white skin. She is supposed to be intangible (which is supposed to be very taxing so as to not be a mary sue; like she sleeps a lot, she is able to be touched while asleep, and magical spells still affect her), but i guess i would need to buy something from the shop for that. She also has memory problems and can't remember things for long periods of time.

I have roleplayed before, but im the best and any tips you could provide to me can help XD

I also wanted to know if the intangibility thing was alright.

Author: TheShadow, Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Pm Sent !

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You should definitely PM me! I don't bite! (But Dal does…)

Author: TheShadow, Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I would very much like to RP with your werewolf/Vampire Hybrid :)

Yeah I figured that… But I will be honest I am a bit scared to Pm someone when new.. Simply because i dont want to make them angry or ask something stupid etc. 

Author: Holly, Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have a ton of characters actually :V If we rp in Kurayo I have a werewolf/vampire that could use a friend -confetti-

Also if you want to rp with DAlanesca the best way to seek out how is to pm her :) Whit is very awesome about it. I've done threads before where People have prayed to Angela and she has appeared (I'm sure Whit could do that if you asked nicely ;) tho Dal might not be as nice as Ang is)

Author: TheShadow, Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

@Holly

Yes can you please give me the links ! thank you so much for the information !

Also feel free to steal me for yourself. you sound like someone that Arron would want to get to know better…

Ah So there is a city.. Filled with vampires and Dark elves and Werewolfs.. Oh my that seems intresting !

I was also looking at one of the goddess.. The Goddess of dark would be someone he would contact in the future.. But i got a bit confused about if i could even speak to the goddess without going to hell first :D. Or if i could summon her.

Author: Holly, Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You earn silver by posting rp posts! It's CHARACTERS/100 is the formula and the max amount of silver is 120 but you get a x3 silver boost for starting.

No, you don't. There's not applications / character sheet but if you want a character profile layout I have one made up in the wiki to help you and others.

The mage city ;) it probably has a dark corner to meet people.  The city of Kurayo is a city made by dark elves, werewolves, and vampires. I can give you links if you want.

(I might steal you for myself if the others don't mind)

Author: TheShadow, Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello everyone

So I stumbled upon this site after looking for a place to Roleplay after taking a break from it for a couple of years. Ok that is half true.. I did dabble into DND role playing and had a lot of fun doing that. anyway I am pretty amazed with this site.. Although It is a bit overwhelming because so many places I could Roleplay. 

So few Questions
How does one earn money ? ( Since it seems to cost money to buy items etc )
Do I need to complete a Character sheet ?. 

Any place for dark mages to meet and get to know others.. Since I made this guy a true evil type of person, I always tend to play evil people for some reason.

Arron Silvertree is a Dark elf a Noble Dark elf from the Silver tree noble family, Which has rose up in dark elf society so to speak. He takes pride in his family and son. He is a mage by profession but he is looking to further is studies in the darker side of being mage.. almost going the route of being a warlock so to speak.

So yeah.. This is a cool site !. Hope i have many adventures on it :)

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Mar 4, 2017 10:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you are!  http://revaliir.net/forum/himinn-pass/feeorin-forest/1971/

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 11:12 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Very awesome!  I'll set us up in the blue tinted Feeorin Forest!  I'll have the thread up shortly!

Author: VoidDweller , Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 7:16 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Magickal seems fitting :3

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 7:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sounds good to me!  Want it to be a normal forest or a more creepy forest?  Or magickal forest?  Realizing now how many forests we have on here lol

Author: VoidDweller , Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 11:49 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Forests sound like a good pickup from Beval's backstory! 

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 1:31 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

There's tons of areas we can RP in!  Are there any types you particularly like?  Say, beaches, or snowy mountains, forests, creepy cemeteries, what do you like to write? :3

Author: VoidDweller , Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 12:25 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thank you! :^) 
Is there a certain area we RP? 

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 2, 2017 12:13 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there and welcome to the site!  I like the cut of your guy's jib >:3  So many possibilities!  I loved reading through all of that and then having the cherry on top of him wanting to be able to turn into a dragon whenever he wants (seriously how awesome is that?) lol

Let's rp!

Author: VoidDweller , Posted: Wed Mar 1, 2017 11:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello there, I used to be really into role playing and writing. I'm new to this RP site and very out of practice. The character I plan on using is Beval. I don't have him completely figured out yet but I think I have an idea. 

Beval is a magical elf who has yet to unlock his potential. Raised by his reclusive alchemist grandmother, Beval has a decent knowledge of magic and dreams of becoming a powerful mage. Unfortunately, his grandmother passed away before she could begin his training, not that she was able to teach him much given her old age. Beval now searches for whatever magical knowledge he can find, adventure, and life experience. 

Like most elves grown by a recluse, he is a bit socially inept. He is generally pretty calm and his emotions can be difficult to read. This isn't much of an issue, considering he is completely direct and honest which doesn't always work in his favor. However, he doesn't worry about manipulating the feelings of others to get himself out of sticky situations he sees unjust, something he learned from his grandmother. He drawn to strong, mature, and intelligent people, making it difficult for him to see reason to connect to most people his own age. His humor is dry, he loves to point out hypocrisy and irony in subtle ways. 

Beval's first major goal as a mage is to learn to transform his body into one of a dragon whenever he pleases. Until then, he spends his time travelling through forests and cities looking for the magical knowledge he needs to accomplish this feat. 

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:O I would love to!

What would you like to rp, we've been talking on Discord how about we start on there?

Author: Valoryth, Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, I would love to do some role play. It would be my first time outside of a game setting with friends.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi, Tyrantofsins!

Thanks for looking out for our role-players.  

We would like to keep this particular thread between our veteran posters and our new writers to discuss their posts.  If you would like to make a thread where you and others can post tips and tricks for our writers, please feel free - but in the future, please refrain from using this post to do so.

Thank you!

Author: Tyrantofsins , Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

One big note to know for newer roleplayers is godmodding can be accidental sometimes. Not a lot of people know how complex the ruling system truly is until they see it.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Alright :)

I'll send you a PM from that account with a little more backstory on her and we can figure out something to get you started!

Author: Krecht, Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I think the combination of Mazerine with Krecht's sweet-and-stupid could be fun! Hopefully she can put up with him! :D

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi Krecht!  Welcome to Revaliir!  I would be more than happy to start a thread with you. I have:

Dalanesca - Goddess of Death and Darkness (but she likes to be in the mortal plane)
Mazerine - female elven mage, a bit snarky and comes from a well to do family but has been shunned so is a bit… out of her element
Serafina - female Vaewolf (vampire/were hybrid). She is… horribly mean and evil
Valkoinen - male Paladin. Very good, selfless. 
Bryan - male werebear, very loyal - very neutral. 

Let me know if any of those characters are of interest to you!

Author: Krecht, Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, complete newbie to this RP here. I've been role-playing for nearly 15 years but very, very out of practice and before I just dive in here, I was hoping for a more gentle entrance to this board. At this point, Krecht is my character, based off a half-dragon character using Dungeons & Dragons information. If this is not allowed, I will readily make a different character. Something easy for Krecht would be good, he just enjoys meeting people and being around people, though many tend to avoid him. Many thanks for the consideration and I hope to find a good fit here.

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:15 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks so much! I look forward to RPing with you; please forgive me if I muck things up ;v;

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

TADA!

a book

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

That would be much appreciated, thank you!♥

Author: Rose, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can whip up something in Adeluna if you would like.

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:40 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Most likely a library; she adores books! Books > Health hahaha

Author: Rose, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Town works too. Where would Claribel be in town? Maybe wandering around a grand library? Or checking out the neighborhood healing clinic?

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oohh, Claribel's too innocent and curious for the outside world ;v;

I'd like either one, so surprise me! Anywhere she can find knowledge, that's where she'll be

Author: Rose, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:D Angela can teach a variety of different things as well. She could also be protective if we needed her to be :) I can rp her anywhere but she is more powerful in Canelux.

would you like a city or forest?

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I wouldn't mind that at all, actually; I've never RP'd with a god character before, but it sounds like it would be pretty fun!

Author: Rose, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have a ton of characters and a thread opening! I rp Angela :) 

If you don't mind me using her I would love to rp as Angela! but if you are intimidated by a god we can go lowkey like her children or something :)

Author: Claribel Blue, Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm not very new to writing and RPing, but what I am new to is Forum RP, which I had only ever tried once a few years ago and ended up failing miserably at. My grammar is well enough; I most often worry about pacing and what I should or shouldn't be adding to my RPs; I also have been doing my best to learn how to provide substance to a roleplay, but I still don't believe I've got that down just yet. Beyond my character's journal entry, I don't know where to start!

Claribel Blue is a dainty little human of eighteen years of age who has just left her home village; she's a scholar of sorts and is seeking to become a mage, though she's mostly seeking any knowledge in general! Claribel's also something of an adventurer, so it wouldn't be terribly uncommon to see her outside the cities; however, it is uncommon to find her in dangerous places when she's as weak as she is.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure send me a pm on this account and we can talk about it and see where it would be best to start and what character I can throw at you :)

Author: The_Pasty, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:34 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thank you, I look forward to start, but maybe tomorrow, or in your case today. For me its 7:38 PM, I woke up for work around the same time you sent that message. So I'm going to bed, I would like to discuss where to start with any veteran available, more or less you, seeing how I got your attention, but anyone would help a lot.

Author: Daphne, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:05 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

My grammar is crap what I value most is story :)

We can rp if you want? I have many characters.

Author: The_Pasty, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:33 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, I am somewhat new to RP when it comes to this format, I have played table-top games with my friends for few yaers. Keep in mind I don't have the best grammar, so I will slip up here and there.

My character, Tea, is a half-elf raised in a Monastic temple that teaches the art of harnessing his/her vital essence, chi, into manipulating or creating the different forms of the four basic elements; Fire, Water, Air, Earth.

Tea was abandon as a child, reasons unknown but maybe obvious; half-elves are an unaccepted race. He has learned to accept this and has moved on, now desiring to grow with his new family, the monks of his temple. He learned well in their ways of martial arts, but has difficulty learning to use his chi. The monks purpose he may have a High elf heritage, who are prone to the use of magic over chi.

Tea is determine to learn to use his chi, as such when he came of age to leave he began to explore the world in hopes to find insight through meditation outside the temple. This is a common practice for the temple, as such he was given the necessary equipment for the journey, and small ceremony was held for his departure.

It has been 4 years for Tea, within those four years he is finally able to create fire through his hands from his chi. He continues to travel with a new found hope to return, knowing how to use each element.

Author: Daphne, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:D Np! Daphne is still new for me so it might be a bit awkward <3

Author: Arcane Trickster, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:05 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thank you very much, I'm excited to see where this goes

Author: Daphne, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ents?

Here we go! Some sassy ents to start our thread off right.

Author: Arcane Trickster, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Okay cool! That sounds fun!

Author: Celeste, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:D perfect! :D

I can start for us. Daphne lives in the center of what I call the Iron Rattan. She is the guardian of that particular part so she is seen as a sort of.. figure. Almost like a deity but not. (it helps she is a nymph and most nymphs take on many lovers and have many daughters. but not Daphne as she is different. but you'll see!)

Author: Arcane Trickster, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I've read up on the Canelux region, and I think it would be good if Pick started in Sarchu valley and has gotten lost in the rainforest as he goes towards Adeluna. In that case I'd enjoy him meeting your nymph.

Author: Arcane Trickster, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Pick would be looking for a large city, but I like the idea of him getting hopelessly lost on the way and being too prideful to admit it.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have a wood nymph who lives in Laeto Rainforest who would love more friends! :) If that is your thing. 

Or something. We can plot!

Author: Arcane Trickster, Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:55 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm not new to roleplaying in general as I have been playing Dungeons and Dragons for the past 5 years, but I am new to this forum style of roleplay. I'm a little unsure how to start.

Anyway, here is my character

Aron "Pick" Willowshade is an elf who was raised by nomadic catfolk. He knows little about elf society, and doesn't even know his elvish name. This doesn't bother him though as he doesn't feel comfortable around elves anyway. He is awfully young for an elf, and is considered by other elves to be little more than a child. While his adopted family sees him as an adult. His youth makes him ambitious and independent as well as arrogant and naive. He often bites off more than he can chew.

He was given his name by the leader of the family that adopted him, and his name is his job. Pick was expected to pick locks and pockets for the good of the family. He quickly learned the tricks of the trade and enjoyed employing them on unsuspecting targets. He became obsessed with the art of thievery, and started stealing things just to see if he could. It soon became his ambition to become the greatest thief in the world.

He left the nomadic catfolk once they deemed him old enough to choose his own destiny.

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:29 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go!  Reply back whenever you're ready :D  Starting off slow, but we can kick it into high gear if you want :3  Something New [P - for Yoshiko Nobunaga] 

Author: Yoshiko Nobunaga, Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You can surprise! I'm down for anything! :3

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:36 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yay sounds awesome!! 8D I'm excited to see how your guy comes along!  Any place in particular to have it in or want me to just surprise you? :3

Author: Yoshiko Nobunaga, Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:08 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I would absolutely love to RP with Naota since both he and Yoshiko kinda have a "hidden" side to them. Also, would you mind if you could start the thread? I'm not good at starting stuff. ^^;  Thank you for giving me a chance to RP, and flesh out Yoshiko a bit!

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello!  Welcome to the site!  :D  Super excited that you're hopping straight into posting, your half dragon sounds awesome o.o *is a bit of a sucker for dragons*

Definitely a great place to learn and grow, and always feel free to ask questions if there's something you feel shaky about :3 and check out dem rules.  If you're up to it then we can do a thread together!  I have more characters than this one though this is my main (check out Hiromi, Dorian, and Lee if you think you'd have more fun in a thread with one of them).

Just let me know, and again, welcome welcome!  8D

Author: Yoshiko Nobunaga, Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:11 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Erm, I kinda new to role play. But, I'm really new to this site! So I thought this would be the perfect way for me to grow and learn with people that have been doing this for a long time ^-^. 

Yoshiko is a captain of a ship and is a merchant. Being half dragon and half human most people tend to stay away, fearing that his wrath may be too great. But, in reality, Yoshiko is one of the most light-hearted people you'll probably ever meet! Just don't make him mad… Since he's like, you know, half of a dragon. Yoshiko can also be a bit of a flirt when it comes to the ladies, having flirted with many princesses. (More info is on my profile 030)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can work with that!

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Will this do?

https://revaliir.net/forum/arri-desert/sularia/1808/

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Go ahead and make your own and let me know when you're done :)

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:05 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I could meet her in Arri.  Is there a specific thread or should I just make my own?

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Aelwen is from Arri, but her lover is from a city known as Crowia (our personal lore) that's not too far from Arri.

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well, I figured she would be a permanent RP partner with Quis so if she's in the desert I can relocate there.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:44 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

She can be where ever you need to be. She doesn't travel often away from the desert but she does do jobs. They could meet on one.

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Nifty :D  Where is she currently?  I could have Quis meet her, or we can say they've been traveling together for a while.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

My character Aelwen might be a really good match.

Aellie Profile

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Someone who complimented Quis' personality.  Someone outgoing, creative, bubbly, uplifting, someone who clashes with Quis' ridiculous ideal ("You're either perfect or you're not me") but isn't opposed to it.  Preferably a martial character to compliment her magical support.

Though I'm open to other new players, if there are any at this point. :x

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I could probably throw someone in there. It won't be Angela due to the event. >3> What were you looking for in an rp partner?

Author: shogungari, Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:10 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, I'm new to the board….I was hoping of getting into an RP with someone?  My character is a halfling wizard.  I added her information in my profile but the basics is she's a scholar with knowledge of all things arcane, traveling the world to gather more knowledge and make a name for herself.  She's arrogant and pompus but loyal and trustworthy.  I tried posting my own thread but it's untouched so I came here hoping to find a group to RP with.

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon Jan 9, 2017 5:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

You most certainly came room the right place my friend! (Hello I'm Anton!)

So it sounds like your character might be True Neutral and I highly suggest taking a lot at our Rules/FAQ and Wiki to familiarize yourself with things (I would link if I wasn't on my phone I apologize >_<).

Since this is your first go around with an RP site I suggest starting withe something simple to get used to how it works (though it's a lot simple than you might think :3), and then it can lead to more!

The best thing to remember is that all of this is for fun, and you're creating a story with someone :3 I personally find that opposites can make things easier when starting out because it'll give you tons to work with when it's your turn to reply.

Really all you have to do is write out something your character does, post it, and then the the person you're RPing with writes how their character would respond, so on and so forth.  On our site each post you do is your "turn" so to speak.

It sounds like you're getting an idea of your character and even if they're still a mystery to you, fear not!  Your character will develop the more you write with them :3. If you're ever in doubt I have some horror stories from a lot of my first characters on an RP site >\\> 

So for now since you're still feeling out your character, let's focus on thread ideas.  What's something you feel would be really fun to write out?

Author: Aaron Thain, Posted: Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:50 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I don't have any specific questions yet, though I'm sure a few will pop up as I go along. Thanks though! I'm not sure what type of character I want to RP with. In all honesty, I'd be happy with whatever you think'd be best. My character's a bit of a lost soul. His home's way different from the world of Revaliir, but he can't really remember much about it or really anything. His memories come in waves, and are often dizzying and disorienting. While he tries to do the right thing and help others, he feels that right and wrong aren't quite black and white, and that the rules don't apply to him. 

Anyway, I'd be fine with someone who fits with his personality or even somebody that's the complete opposite. Really, I guess what I want is somebody to sort of show him (and me) the ropes and how to survive in this world, if that makes sense.

Author: Xunatar, Posted: Mon Jan 9, 2017 4:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Any particular information you want to know? If so, ask away. The staff members, me included, can answer just about anything you need to know. :)

Author: Celeste, Posted: Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

-pounces- :D hi! I'm Brittlez I rp Angela!

>3> what kind of character were you hoping to rp with?

Author: Aaron Thain, Posted: Mon Jan 9, 2017 3:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I guess this is the place for newbies like me to go? I'm pretty new to the whole RP thing and while I think I got the basic idea down, I'm still not 100% sure how this site works. Still, I'm excited to give it a try, and would love any help I can get!

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

we can all join :O I wouldn't mind posting with Aelwen actually. Talked to Aj about her being his body guard 

Author: Douken, Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have no problem with either option, though i tend to prefer a 3 character max with my threads.

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey Douken!  Mind if I still respond to that thread?  Or do you only want one thread at a time right now since I know 'ol Brittlez here is gonna post with you too? :D

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:3 I'm taking over for Anton for you AJ. I'll figure out someone to post with and love on you with.

Author: Douken, Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thread incoming:

https://revaliir.com/forum/Northlands/Yovaesh-Port/1585/

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure let's give it a go!  Send me your thread and I'll add it to my watchlist :D

Author: Douken, Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

If you can figure out a path we can take with what I wrote, I will openly welcome it. If not, I am still willing to work in another thread.

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:44 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ah I can see why you're hesitant.  But!  Quite the contrary, I think a conceptual character is a great opportunity because you have so much freedom!  No lies, one of my accounts from an old RP site I was on (that I brought over here), literally started out as a mule account to be a gag about how little starter characters got when being put on a site (older days before starter packs, like our lovely site has :3).  Her first words, while running up to a guy in the middle of the street were, "Ok old man, lose the clothes because I need them more than you do." A gag on how characters used to not even get started with simple clothing >3>

And now?  She's one of the most fleshed out characters I've ever made.  So don't be worried that you have a shaky start, or a more vague beginning to your character: the amount of freedom you have gives you so much room for creativity and to explore.  I think it's a good idea!  For instance, what if one day he was delivering a package and it started to tick?  It could be an explosion!  Or just a gear clock @_@  but it could lead to some funny or dramatic happenings, and that's just from the small information of him being a courier :3

So have no fear, that's why we're here!  You won't be judged and we just want to help you have fun :D  So!  we can go off of the thread you've made, or if you're more comfortable I could make a starter for us :3

Author: Douken, Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Haha, no worries. No real rush, honestly.

The main problem I am having is that this character was simply reacted from a concept idea. I had no real experience in fleshing him out with goals or objectives. At the moment, he is "violent race with peaceful job," which sort of fits in well with Yovaesh Port. Then again, Half Orcs were always oriented with the idea of being violent or peaceful depending on which side of the family he was raised more in.

So I am terrible with actual plots, thread ideas, and thread starters. I did make a thread over in said port as an open thread, but looking it over again, I cannot help but think "Now how can anyone really join in on this?"

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:55 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh my goodness I'm sorry for taking so long to say hello to you!  Hello new possible friend!  :D

Your character does sound interesting indeed, I'm glad you made it over to our merry band of weirdos, though we lovingly call each other creative >3>  I'd be happy to start a thread with you, did you have anything particular in mind?  It seems you joined a couple weeks back, so have you come across any areas you'd especially like to have your character explore?  :3  What type of thread would you like to be a part of?  :D

Author: Douken, Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:20 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So… uh… ahem… Uh, hello… I am Douken, and I have a problem… What? … This is not an AA meeting? … You mean ale is much safer to drink than water?! WEll screw that then! Hy barkeep, another round!

Dumb shenanigans aside, I am Douken Sota, and I have dumb ideas! This is one of them, which came from a youtuber talking about DnD saying, "When making a character, do not make the best character. Make the most interesting." And what does my brain do? Take a race known for battle, bloodshed, and violence, and giving him a job in the public eye and being (for the most part) peaceful!

So yes, Douken is a Half-Orc courier, running across the land, delivering important/expensive parcels and packages! I mean, that strength does come in handy when it comes to heavy packages or being able to defend it off against highwaymen. Although he would run into less of them if he did not think it would be quick to run through a road known to having them than the more protected, yet longer routes!

Author: Nihr, Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

>3> done

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:26 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Silver Star has officially done their 5th post in our Greenhorn Thread!  I'll PM Angela the amount of silver to transfer over :3  Congrats Silver Star!!  :D

Author: Silver Star, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks! This looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

Author: Lee, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go!  Take your time replying and have fun!:

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/adeluna-city/1517/

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:43 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure that sounds fine!  And tada, you'll be the first person I've used him with on the site X3 I'll get something started up in Adeluna unless you have any preferences :3

Author: Silver Star, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:26 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hmm… 
I think we could do something interesting with Lee - they are two very different people. Maybe Ernest tries to snatch the purse of someone Lee is guarding? 
Thanks.

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there and welcome!!  I'd be more than happy to start one with you :3 This is my main account but I have a few others as well.  Would you want to RP with this one (half demon vampire hunter), Hiromi (vampire that is an assassin in the guise of a tayuu (think a high class prostitute) ) or Lee (teenage boy coming into his power and starting in his profession of being a body guard) ?

Let me know and we can work out a start! :D

Author: Silver Star, Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:46 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hi there,
I'm new to roleplaying, and was wondering if one of you guys could help me.
My character is a sort of survivalist type. She wants to find a good life, but isn't exactly sure how. She's looking for an island on a map she can't read that she thinks might be the trick to finally finding somewhere where she's happy. Currently she is kind of doing odd jobs where she can and stealing where she can't just to survive. She hates physical fights and is a bit cowardly. She has learned not to trust anyone or anything, and only puts her faith in herself and what she can accomplish.
Does anyone want to start a game with her?
Thanks.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Aug 7, 2016 1:36 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Transferred!

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Aug 7, 2016 1:30 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Padexin has finished their fifth post in our Greenhorn Thread (and it's still going!) !  Brittlez, I'll PM you their earned silver, let me know when you've transferred it from my silver cuz I'm bad at noticing >3>

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 11:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

All righty, here you go!  If you're nervous, I can have him approach your character, think of using this first post as a way to establish :D  As long as there's anything that could make them stand out as a good fighter, be it a weapon or clothing or what have you, just be sure to put that in there, Naota will notice and approach :3

https://revaliir.com/forum/republic-tarishitar/Tarishitar-city/1483/

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:20 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh gosh of course not!  Seriously injured maybe >3> but not dead :3 unless you want your character to be killed on the site then it can't happen, no matter how hard another person might try X3 So have no fear!

Author: Padexin, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Alright, sounds good! Also, no preferences except that no one dies, haha. I look forward to it

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:11 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can get a post started up for us and then I'll post the link to it here as well as send it to you in a PM!  I can get that up tonight when I'm back from work :3 any preferences for how you'd like the thread to go?

Author: Padexin, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:02 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Monster hunt sounds fun! How do we start?

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 4:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

As Tarishitar is always fun!  Now when you say odd jobs how far does this range?  Stuck to simple things like yard work and deliveries……or go as far as assisting in a monster hunt? >3>

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 4:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello!  I'd be happy to oblige! :D Any ideas for what you would like?  I just so happen to have a thread started in Perditi Cemetery if you're up for some possible zombie fun :3

Author: Padexin, Posted: Tue Aug 2, 2016 1:40 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I was told by Angela Rose to post in here. I've already got a few things in my journal, and I've set it up so my character is looking for some odd jobs in Tarishita; is there anyone that can help me out with that?

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:23 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

As Brittlez said, they're scattered all over the site :3  The only thing they'll have in common is that after the newcomer has made 5 posts in the thread made for them, they get their silver.  They're just meant for fun and for you to feel at ease and get you on your feet, stretch your wings so to speak with no pressure :D  I have a couple of my old Greenhorn Guild threads with newcomers:

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/The-Winking-Mermaid/580/

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/adeluna-city/1088/

Unfortunately the second link is an example of a thread that didn't get finished with the newcomer T_T  I'm not sure what happened with him cuz he was a great roleplayer, but hopefully he'll be back one day :3

And as you can see we try our best to reply as quickly as possible so that you can have a lot of posting to do!

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

They just different private threads :) they are all over the site. It can be about whatever you want. (For the life of me I can't remember the last greenhorn post I did)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:29 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

will there be a new thread started for this quest? it doesn't take place on this one I would guess or it would be quite cluttered.
are they private or is there a thread where I can find other examples of greenhorn quests to read through?

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sounds like fun.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Nymph would be moreso a companion for now..

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

as an antagonist or an npc to start interacting with? sure sounds interesting. I don't plan on being much of a fighter though, I do want a companion npc when I can afford one and reasonably fit one into my storyline to help pick up the fighting slack.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:08 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

How about a hormonal demon hunter whos fathers soul is stuck in a sword and tries to take her out of silly involvments with demons :D?

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

thank you
Ryail Morrigan will be an interesting character to play. he has goal of a sinister nature though I have yet to grow into what they my be. yet he will be in public charming (as I can write him anyway) helpful and show little signs of magic power. so I guess a roguish character by night secret identity by day kind a guy. at least that's what I see now until I learn more about the world and the people who play.  nothing is nailed down in my mind yet so I have the ability to grow him to fit the world.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:44 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I might be able to help just depends on the type of character you prefer ;)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:36 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

hello
its been awhile since I've played anything like this and as I am unfamiliar with this world I would enjoy someone more familiar with it to show me the ropes as it were. get my character introduced to the world, and his storyline flushed out a little better and any recommendations for tweaks to my writing style a veteran might have for me. I would like to start somewhere around Wyllmochvar but am open to almost anything.
thank you

Author: Ramla, Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:27 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

oooh, a Centaur!
I never RP'd with a Centaur before so this should be interesting. :D
Can we Pm each other to discuss details? :3

Author: Lou, Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'd be willing to give it a try Mel. Paradox is fairly well travelled in the land of Revaliir and is willing to be of assistance. 

Author: Ramla, Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:05 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'd like to sign up for both my characters. :3
Ramla and Nihr (link to Nihr's profile is in the signature.)

I don't really need help with writing but I could use some help with getting my characters introduced to this world. And glancing at the locations real quick, I have no clue where to land them?

Here's what I had in mind for the thread. They arrive through one of the remaining portals. (I read an RP thread between deities where they explained that small portals are still present here and there. The thread was somewhere in the conclave I think? It was between the deities Molira, Angela, and the dream dude…I forgot his name x-x)

They'll have no possessions with them, there clothes won't match the setting at that point. This world is completely unfamiliar to them including language. So I figured for starters they might encounter some people and decide to rob them for their clothes and whatever money they had, that way they fit in the world more and have money to maybe rent a room at a local inn or something?

So who wants to pop my Revaliir cherry? ;3

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go Green :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:28 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

sounds good to me :) I'll start it soon

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:04 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sorry for the silence, I would appreciate it if you would start off.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Do you wish to start off or would you like me to?

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:32 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

fields of grass, hills of grass, sunshine, and horse people, sounds like a great place to start

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:01 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hmm how about Plains of bohar? Angela can be there to help the recent thrashing.

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Gnarsh is good anywhere and can currently be encountered any were bandits plague the roads.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:18 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:D where would you like to rp?

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Gnarsh never knew his mother. He would be very interested in meeting the mother of all.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:32 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can dig this. Would he like to meet the All Mother?

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:08 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So Gnarsh is here…the G is silent. I'm a hunter from birth and a traveler since I was turned out by Hunter, who raised me. Hunting is natural to me as breathing, but my true passion is cooking and I am a master at it. I have traveled all over Revaliir to learn of new foods, cooking techniques, spices, and preparations. I pride my self on my cooking of many things from fish to dragon to boar to bigger fish to birds to fruits and lots of vegetables, to bear and deer to wolves to elephants, and a great many more things that I can not remember right now. Yes indeed, It was great just me and ox, my ox and the wagon. I would travel all around cook food for people Sometimes I would hunt other times I would trade supplies for a great meal the I would share. Gnarsh did not get rich, but he was very happy. It was to good to last though this last run in with bandits they burned my wagon to ash and killed my ox. So now I adventure to make money for a new wagon…a better wagon and a new ox…….a better ox. Yes indeed, I was able to save my ax and hunting bow and now all I need is job.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Harrison has completed his 5 posts to his thread, and has earned 142 silver!

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:46 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Definitely give it a go if you're up to it :3

Here's our thread!  Post whenever you're ready :D

Seaside Festival

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

oo oo that could be really cool!

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Of course!  Happy to help! :D oh you could put the two together as a substitute and make a long range projectile trident with that if you wanted 8D 

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:40 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks a ton Naota youre the best! man I am glad I bought that trident along with the pole then haha.

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:37 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So to answer your first question: yes, it can be used as a weapon :3 will it be very powerful?  Probably not, but you can boost it up if you want, like say buy a grappling hook and substitute it as the hook for your fishing pole, and maybe get a spell like "strength" to add to it :3 things like that can help :D

As for the thread, I am TERRIBLE at titles lol but as soon as I have the thread started up I'll put it here and PM it to you :D

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh and also what is the name of the thread we are going to be starting under? I didnt catch it. thanks again!

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

ok awesome! one question I did have was that my character mainly used a fishing pole with a large hook attached as a weapon though he is not opposed to using tridents, harpoons, nets, etc. I already purchased a fishing pole but am i allowed to use it as a weapon even though it is not technically classified on the game?

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:17 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

A festival it is then!  Yep, you read my post and then write a reply as your character responding to what happens.  Think of it like that game some people used to play as kids where someone starts a story and then passes it on to the next person to continue.  Only always remember not to control anyone else's character but your own and not to use any items or powers that you haven't purchased from the shops :3 if there's ever an item you're unsure of or a question don't be scared to ask :3 

If you'd like you can always read some threads on here to try and get a feel for how they play out too :D 

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:26 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

ooo ooo a festival does sound like an interesting start. I made some slight changes to my character I like what I came up with so I believe I am ready to get going.
So do I just respond to posts that you begin then and we go from there?

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:08 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Of course, happy to have you here!  I will personally make sure you start out on a fun foot >:3

Canelux is perfectly fine!  There's so many opportunities for them to get themselves in a good situation, and your character being a monk has even more potential since Naota focuses so much on holy magick and light magick :3

I can start a thread no problem!  If you want we can start out with something simple to help you get your sea legs so to speak lol and then advance it to something more if you'd like :3 would you be up for a festival?  Or maybe a cross country trip?  Mayhem can always ensue down the line >3>

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:16 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks Naota for the welcome!
Again just a quick apology if I sound like a moron to start off with. This seems like a ton of fun and am excited.

The rules seem pretty straight forward so there is no issue there. I actually thought it was awesome that your character was a vampire hunter and was wondering what kind of awesome situation would drive a monk fisherman and a vampire hunter to work together?

I thought it would be awesome to start on the Canelux side but other than that I have no idea what i am doing and would mainly follow your lead. Thank you again for your help and look forward to RP with you. :)

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:39 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there!  First off, welcome welcome!  There's TONS you can learn about the lore on the Wiki page, linked on the home page :3

For a quick crash course though, the main goal of RPing through writing is working with your RP partner to create a story :3 it can be anything you want so long as it obeys the Rules,  which are also linked on the home page (on my phone or I'd link them now lol)

For the Out Of Character forums (OOC if you will) it's a place for you to be you and take a break from your character being in the front seat lol 

This thread is great for newcomers and is made with them in mind!  You've told us a bit about your character, now let us know what kind of thread you'd like to write with your character :3 I'd be happy to RP with you for your first thread!  I have this account and a couple of others too!  

What type of RP would you like to start out with?  Think of each thread as a different chapter of your character's life, we're working together to tell these chapters :3 Above all its meant for fun and enjoyment and will become much easier the more you do it!

So that's RPing in a nutshell for writing lol Just remember to check out the rules on the homepage!  And don't feel too pressured, all of us have a time period where we adjust and even those of us that have been doing this for years have a lot more we can learn and advance on!

So what type of thread would you be interested in? :3

Author: The Lone Fisherman, Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Howdies and Greetings!! I have a pretty good grasp of roleplaying games but have NO idea of how to do this. Kinda joined up with my brother and am hoping someone could kind of give me a run down of how all this works. My character is a semi-serious semi-comic relief. He is a monk fisherman that has dedicated his life to the harmony and beauty to the art of fishing. Defends and heals the weak and vanquishes evil using a pole and hook. My brother is the character Valnar who is a Drow….so I guess I am adopted. But again just brand new to this whole concept and would appreciate the help.Thanks for your time.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:59 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

-claims Harrison-  I will post for you when I get home from work!

Author: Harrison, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I have made a thread!

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/The-Winking-Mermaid/1042/

I don't know what else to put in here.  I'm open to any character posting, still figuring out my own character.

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Mar 3, 2016 7:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Just giving this thread a nice healthy bump since it's been a while :3  Reminding all newcomers that they're highly encouraged and welcomed to give this thread a peek :D

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:17 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thalrons done with his 5 posts giving him his silver!

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Howdy Null!  No problem with feeling a character out before making up your mind, it happens more than you might think >3>  Either way I think Jarath sounds extremely interesting!  I've got a few characters that we could start a thread with, and I actually think my other account, Hiromi, would be a good fit for a starter with him :3 

Do you have any preferences for where you would like to start or what you're looking for in a thread?

Author: Toloch, Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:54 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Welcome to the merry band of misfits! I'm fairly new myself, so I'll leave greeter duty to the others, but you can alsways visit the chatbox for a more to-the-point, real-time discussion about roleplays and the like.

As a footnote, I learned yesterday that it's fine to me on multiple threads on the same characters simultaneously, and I wanna earn some silver before my newbie bonus expires. Any takers?

Author: Null, Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I suppose I should start by posting here? I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to roleplaying. I've made attempts to get into it over the years but nothing that really stuck, for various reasons.

My character is Jarath who is essentially both a young human adventurer and magical parasite in equal parts. To be more precise its the later using the former to learn about the world and eat everything in it. Other than that, I'd rather like to not set in stone until I'm more familiar with the place.

Author: Toloch, Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:36 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well, I'm going to start with another RPer, but I think we're doin' it in the same city so maybe a meetup afterwards?

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

yay

Author: The_ChaosKing, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here the Link to it lol.

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/The-Winking-Mermaid/841/

Author: The_ChaosKing, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:24 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I rather use Winking Mermaid since its in a Melting Pot city, alright meet you there :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Well we got the Winking Mermaid tavern… but if we want to be really adventurous there is a dwarven tavern in Baltil on Parvpora

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/The-Winking-Mermaid/

https://revaliir.com/forum/Zujiuchu-Mountains/Baltil/

Author: The_ChaosKing, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Umm sure I could Start. Quick quesiton right here or in another place?

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

A tavern would so work after a great demon hunting adventure! :D Could you start? or would you perfer I do?

Author: The_ChaosKing, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yes sounds perfect! Perhaps they can meet in a Tavern.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

A dream could work :O and Chaos I could work with you if you wanted :) I have a secondary character Nymphaea that might be interesting to work with

Author: The_ChaosKing, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello! I am new, I have rped before, but never a fantasy RP in this style, so I decided to try it out. So I have a Character a Drow or Dark Elf (which ever term you prefer.) My character's name is Rune Voidnight but he goes by the name of Rune The Skald. As his nickname may suggest he is a Bard. Now something you must know about him is he is a Kinder Drow than the more common ones since as a child he was abandon by his blood family for being a small baby at birth and thus being considered 'weak', lucky for him he was taken in by a friendly Human family, that is why my char is True Neutral vs An evil aligment, unlike most Drow. It is keen to note he can sometimes still be rutheless and vengeful seeing as its in his Drow nature, despite this he is fairly friendly. As for physical looks Rune looks like many other Drow he has Black hair and Dark grey skin, one keen feature about him is his Dark red eyes tho, he is fairly tall around 6'0, but he isn't very Buffed up and thus quite skinny. 

Well I hope you like my character. Also I would like to mention English is my second langue, so please pardon any misspelling or grammer issues.

Author: Toloch, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:12 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Fantastic! Since this is an encounter between shaman/diety of compatible elements, I'm thinking maybe a dream of sorts?

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I could take you up on that offer

Author: Toloch, Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:52 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hrm, well, I am fairly experienced as a roleplayer - but I could use a hand in learning the ins and outs of this particular forum. ANyone want to play a short introductory plot with me, so I can get my character rollin'?

Author: Violet, Posted: Wed Jan 6, 2016 6:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go! :) https://revaliir.com/forum/Republic-Wyllmochvar/Wyllmochvar-city/772/

I hope that suits you!

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Jan 6, 2016 2:15 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

If you'd like to start something, that would be great.  It can be anywhere you'd like.

Author: Violet, Posted: Tue Jan 5, 2016 3:29 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

It would be amazing to have Violet interact with another religious person early on. Benedek sounds interesting. I am planning on having Violet follow one of the divine eventually, but I do not know enough about the current conclave to make a choice just yet. Having another cleric writing with her should be fun.

Would you like to start the thread or shall I? Where is Benedek typically roaming about?

Author: Moliira, Posted: Tue Jan 5, 2016 2:24 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oh don't worry, I have quite a number of other characters I write.  I have two I think would be interesting for yours to interact with.   Benedek is a cleric and exorcist himself, though he follows the gods of his people rather than those of Conclave.  Orabela Hammersmash is a dwarven weaponsmith who travels around, always up for a good fight or drink. 

Author: Violet, Posted: Tue Jan 5, 2016 1:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Violet has a large family. She makes potions. Young and innocent in the world. Her father and brothers are guards. She's from Mamlak but she can travel just about anywhere. Religious family. She's a cleric. Has a staff.

As for the type of person, I don't mind really. I just want to write a lot. I can post up to three times a day average. I'm not sure I could do a deity right now though. That seems a bit… intimidating, for starting. Is that okay?

Author: Moliira, Posted: Tue Jan 5, 2016 1:49 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Of course!  Can you tell us a little about your character, and what kind of person you'd like to interact with?

Author: Violet, Posted: Tue Jan 5, 2016 1:10 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Can I sign up for this? I am currently writing a reply to someone, but over all I feel this will help me on this site. I appreciate all feedback.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:52 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Everyone that needed their silver transferred got it :D

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:58 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Just send me a PM with how much needs to be transferred and to who :P

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:23 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Nemu has put in their fifth post in our thread which means they can get their silver boost from me now!  Let me know when we can do that Brittlez :3  I have the silver for Nemu ready as well as the silver for Calix Theron :3

Author: Iva, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure thing! :D you have to put in "Brittlez" if you want to im me though. ^^

Author: Advent, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:55 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Okay, That sounds like fun :D

I will probably be gone for a few hours to nap though. It's just going 4am, and I haven't slept yet XD

Would it be okay for me to drop you a PM once I have awoken from my nap?

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:47 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

-sticks hand up- oh me me me me me! PICK ME! :D I got lots of characters.

Author: Advent, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:45 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Good day,

I'm sorta new to the RPing stuff (I'm not very self confident) But, I love the setting and want to take part.

I've created a character Athrun Durai, who grew up in Wyllmochvar before leaving his life as a guard to become a traveler. Most likely starting out as an armed guard or a travelling companion, until he reaches a new city. I think would be a good place to start, I dunno.

I'm working on a description and other odds and ends, but the groundwork is there XD

I-I'm a little unsure of what to do, any help would be appreciated. 

Many thanks :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:50 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

haha Iva is pretty.. use to things around her mother. My temple is the Sundering Gardens :) if you post I'll reply with Iva. Him, Iva, and her teddy bear Winston can go on an adventure.

Author: Thalron, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:47 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Could be interesting, I'm game. XD Hopefully he won't be too blasphemous. It'd probably take awhile for someone to even get him to understand what a goddess is.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:32 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Would he like to fall into a goddess's realm and be at the mercy of a five year old who has many shiny things? and I can transfer that silver Anton :)

Author: Thalron, Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:06 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, I'm pretty new here and was wondering if anyone is interested in roleplaying with me; Thalron is pretty easy to fit in most places (Well threads at least, buildings are another story). He's a rather large, and not too bright dragon that has a tendency to follow people around. It's pretty easy to convince, or bribe him into becoming a guard, mount, or over-exuberant travelling companion. At the moment he's most likely wandering about after food or shiny things. He's more or less clueless about most things outside the aforementioned food and shinies, if anyone has an idea that could use him I'm all ears!

I've got a somewhat WIP description of him in my profile.

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Calix Theron has officially done his fifth post in the thread, and while we're gonna keep going in it, it's time to hand over his earned silver :3 let me know whenever that transfer can be made!

Author: Naota, Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:11 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So sorry it took so long Nemu!!  Here's the start of our thread!  Star Catching [P - Nemu][R]  

Reply back whenever you can, and have fun!

Author: BrientheGirl, Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:43 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello everyone. My name is Kristin/BrientheGirl, and I'm only new to this site specifically. I've roleplayed on FictionPress.com and a few other smaller ones, as well I have a lot of experience with a private forum between a couple friends of mine and myself, dealing with fantasy roleplay.

I'm asking for help and someone to post with for my character Tora Tikerri, who I've used to roleplay with before but altered her slightly to fit in on Revaliir. This is just so that I can familiarize myself with this webstie and style of posting. Once that is accomplished, I'll phase Tora out and send her home, and make a new character more suited to Revaliir. Brittany/Angela Rose is the one who pointed me towards here, so I'm hoping it ends up working out well.

For background info, my character has arrived via portal, not under her own power, for the vague purpose to observe or otherwise generally help this world. Technically she is a demigod, but you don't need to worry about special powers or anything because it's non-applicable in this forum, and it would defeat her own purpose of existing. So…yeah. lol. She's just there to see this world, maybe help someone or do something good, until she finds a way to get back home (when I'm more familiar with the site). Her husband/mate may or may not arrive as well in an effort to "rescue" her, but it's questionable at best.

So anyone who's willing to help, it would be greatly appreciated, and I can't wait to get started.

Author: Naota, Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:26 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure thing darlin'!  Excited to have you here, welcome welcome!  Feel free to post on here or message me what you'd like the thread to be like, or a location, and I'll get the starter up post haste!

Author: Nemu, Posted: Wed Dec 9, 2015 9:13 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'm not super new to RP, but I am very inexperienced and anxious about it, ahah. My character is Kei, a kidnapped star with a loose backstory that needs just a wee bit of work still T^T And seeing as he's the one who got me on here, I request Naota's help!

Author: Naota, Posted: Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:56 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey there friend!  Welcome welcome!  I'd be happy to start a thread for you :3 Are there any areas you'd be interested in posting in?  And this is your character's goal, but is that what you'd want the thread to be based around?  Feel free to reply here or send me a message if you're more comfortable that way!

Author: Petrichor, Posted: Tue Dec 8, 2015 2:28 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I'd like to roleplay with someone. My character is Syrienne, a human female in her 30s who is seeking revenge for someone's death and the destruction of her home kingdom. She is either Lawful or Neutral Good, and a one handed sword and shield tank. 

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Dec 5, 2015 10:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go Calix, feel free to post whenever you're ready!  Let in the Darkness [P - Calix Theron][R - Language]

Author: Naota, Posted: Fri Dec 4, 2015 3:05 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sure thing!  I'll find a good place and post the starter up soon!

Author: Calix Theron, Posted: Fri Dec 4, 2015 2:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Honestly I'm up for anything. Thanks for the help. 

Author: Naota, Posted: Fri Dec 4, 2015 2:15 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Of course I'm available!   Oooooh a man of Darkness RPing with a character of Light, I like it!  I can get a starter up for you soon!  I'll work on it when I get home later tonight and post it up in here for you :3  Are there any areas that are catching your eye that you'd like to RP in?

Also, welcome welcome!!

Author: Calix Theron, Posted: Fri Dec 4, 2015 2:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

HI. I'm fairly new to RPing, tried it a few years ago but life got in the way. I wanted to give it another shot. My character is Calix Theron, a human who's  family has a curse/gift given to them by a being of darkness. They effectively stop aging at twenty five until they have a child, and on its twenty-fifth  birthday they begin to age again. At that age they begin to manifest control over darkness which grows with time and experience.  

I was wondering if Naota was available to RP.   

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Dec 2, 2015 10:32 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Here you go love :)

https://revaliir.com/forum/republic-tarishitar/Tarishitar-city/548/

Author: Aaryona, Posted: Wed Dec 2, 2015 1:14 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

:) oh boy I will have to switch.. or I will just torture poor Angela. xD Sounds good to me! I can have something up in the morning.

Author: jumpadrew, Posted: Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I don't really know. The City of Tarishitar looks pretty exciting though :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:38 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

So where would you like to rp in this vast world :3 Ang can be anywhere

Author: jumpadrew, Posted: Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:35 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sounds great to me! I'll probably be pretty slow too because I'm so new to this, so that'll work fine. Thanks for the offer!

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:19 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I can rp with you! I know the others are busy but sadly I too am sick but I can still manage to keep up :) I rp as Angela the Goddess who gifts Fertility and holds the Cornucopia. I also rp as many other faces. If you can handle me being a bit slow that would be awesome ^^

Author: jumpadrew, Posted: Tue Dec 1, 2015 7:38 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Sounds like a great place for me to start. I know nothing about role playing accept for the basics, but I'm really excited to get into it all!

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

no problem :)

Author: Sigurdson, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:31 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I see :) Thank you so much Brittlez!

Author: Nymph, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:07 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Geeze I posted on my alt. I'm Angela Rose :D or Brittlez if you will

Author: Nymph, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Normally we post them up in the Announcements and I'll try to have something on the Home page of the website that says we have an event ^^

Author: Sigurdson, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Thanks, where can I find a one of the "god" events you speak of? Do they notefy us about these types of events when they begin?

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:29 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey, name's Brandon and is a moderator on the site. =D

Anyway, first off to help you get started, here's Da rules

Secondly, adventures are basically you rping with others (or yourself as long as you have another character account you are using) and can take place anywhere on the In Character (or IC) forums. Events here are scheduled plots that can be started by other members here while major and god events are done by the admins and gods respectively.

To gain the currency here (which is silver crescents), you need to post anywhere in the IC forums, and even your journal entry counts towards gaining them.  Gold crescents are acquired through making referrals to others to come join the site and are used at our Treasure Box shop.  

Author: Sigurdson, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:11 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

And how do one earn money?

Author: Sigurdson, Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:48 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hey I'm new to forum based role-play and could use some help getting started.
How do events, adventures, roleplaying take place?

Author: Thsarias, Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:00 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

How the hell does uzdak PM on this website? Uzdak intellect not too good :(

Author: Valnar, Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:13 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Absolutely Uzdak!, Valnar is currently starting out in Adeluna and he was raised as a farm boy with a young human couple so he has a good streak but definitely like the dancing elves that kill your noble kind ;) PM me and we will work something out.

Author: Thsarias, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Drow elf Valnar? Uzdak is pleased to see an elf that doesn't dance in the wood while killing my kind. Uzdak would like to schedule a role play with you if possible.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I feel like we will get along nicely. My character is one that uses (and abuses) his magic a lot, particularly in the mental arts. Having some on his tail like your character will prove to be most interesting. :) Just let me know if you'd like to RP with this guy.

Author: Perception, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:53 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Salut.

I would like to sign up for this 'Greenhorn Guild' Project.
I have done some Roleplays in my past but they ended more or less in a failure of some sorts (not implying everyone), so I thought as I saw this "Why not take help from the Veterans?".
It would be too a good thing to get started on this website anyways.
My character is a Witch Hunter with a delusional paranoia against Magick-Users of every kind, but only hunts down the criminals or the ones that he thinks have done something wrong.

Author: Nymph, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:30 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Also Cbox is here: 

https://webchat.freenode.net/

Channel is Revaliir

Author: Nymph, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

I CLAIM THIS ONE IN THE NAME OF BRITTLEZ -claims her first greenhorn- :3 Would you like to rp with the goddess account herself or something else? :3

Author: Valnar, Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:20 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Ooooh sign me up! I've done a couple other RP's but still kind of brand new to the whole thing. Valnar is a drow who was abandoned on the doorstep of a young farmer and his wife, he loves to read and wants to see the world and become a ranger. He is Chaotic Good but I'd love for that to change either direction on the moral spectrum. I've set it up to where he will be in the City of Adeluna so either in the city itself or on the way there would be awesome as for setting. I kind of set it up for him to be a blank slate to save all the good stuff for play.

Also, where's the cbox?
Thanks!

Author: Leo, Posted: Sun Nov 1, 2015 5:30 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Cello, I'm SO sorry for the delay! Got caught in a work trip, unfortunately, but I'm back now. ^^; I posted a reply, hope it's ok! Let me know if there are any suggestions or room for improvement.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:17 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Okay, here you go!  https://www.revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/adeluna-city/258/

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:04 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Okay, I will get you a thread up in a day or so then!

Author: Leo, Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:51 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Yay! Núria's not big on seeing people hurt, either, but she just doesn't think about what her trade deals are used for and still manages to sleep at night somehow. She's good almost anywhere but the Vilpamolan coast and the nearby areas. ^^;

And no rush! I'm pretty slow, busy at work, so I'm more of a weekender RPer haha.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:26 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Apologies for the delay in replying, been busy!  Orabela might just be up for that, she isn't really law abiding.  Though she doesn't like to see people hurt.  I can set something up for you in the next day hopefully, and we can see where things go!  Any areas in particular good?

Author: Leo, Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:59 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Oooh, fun! Thank you :o)

Soooo…. I'm still kinda fleshing Núria out. Starting her journal (link) was a good writing exercise for me, I essentially word-vomited a large chunk of her backstory into it, bwahahaha. In my head, I guess she's a human (she thinks) black market networker, facilitator, trader, and weapons connoisseur. If there's an illicit weapons shipment going down in Canelux, she probably played some sort of role in it, if not more than that. As a personal rule, she doesn't get her hands bloody, but she's more than happy to put you in contact with someone who does… for the right price. Above all, Núria prides herself on being an efficient businesswoman with a no-drama reputation and a high success rate.

I'm trying to play the chaotic neutral alignment pretty straight… she's fiesty, but cautious. First and foremost, she's a hustler looking out for number one (LOL), but she doesn't lack empathy for her fellow wayfarer and will help out if it doesn't cost her anything.

Orabela makes sense, as Núria is all about networking. A traveling dwarven weaponsmith would prove extremely useful to Núria's clientele. However, I don't know Orabela's alignment, if she's a rule stickler for example, she may be offended by a black market dealer trying to chat her up. Or perhaps any business is good business (as Núria views it). Or maybe she tries to instead turn Núria into the authorities, haha, and that becomes an adventure of its own.

What do you think?

Author: Moliira, Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:06 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

It is indeed!  What sort of character do you have?  I have three characters (so far) that you could interact with.  Moliira, who is the deity of wild places and the hunt, Orabela Hammersmash who is a traveling dwarven weaponsmith, and Ynnarah, a lycanthrope who writes down the song she hears from the stars.  Any of them sound interesting?

Author: Leo, Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:57 PM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

Hello, is this where I should sign up? ^.^ I'm new! I dabbled in RP a bit in the past, and writing a little FF before that, but honestly I'm sooooo rusty I could use all the help I could get.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:20 AM, Post Subject: The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]

To help out people who are completely new to roleplaying, I present to you the Greenhorns’ Guild! This is a small organization based on helping new people understand the basic ins and outs of roleplaying with help from veteran writers. The newcomers will also gain an extra amount of silver crescents from participating, as the veteran role-players will donate the silver earned from the thread to the newcomer.

There are a few basics for the newcomers who will be posting. First of all, post here and give us a brief introduction to your character. That gives us a better idea of to best help you out. In order to gain the bonus silver, you must post five times in your thread. However, there is no time limit for the new people to post to the threads. You get to keep any of the items you drop, which can be sold to other writers, or kept to make better items. If you would like tips and help with your writing, just let us know! We were all new at one point.

Newcomers get the first 5 posts of silver from their veteran! Make sure that the veterans get ahold of an admin to transfer the silver after the 5 posts are done. Please make sure to keep track as well!

Veteran Members - Angela Rose, Douken, Serafina, Nemesis, Nelanna, Raith, Kiba

Rules for Veterans
1. If you are currently helping one new person, please pass on the next new person to another veteran.
2. Please start or reply to threads within 3-5 days, this will help keep our new people around.
3. Be encouraging, and help your new person out as much as you can. This can be anything from figuring out new plots to simple editing.