Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]
Jesgil

Character Info
Name: Jesgil Yamar
Alignment: TG
Race: Draconian
Class: Maid for Hire
Silver: 561
I think we can discuss speaking about things here just fine, as long as we don't take up five pages XD

And I may suggest getting your first character pretty set up before delving into another, unless you already got experience and ideas on how they would be like. Creating instances that would challenge their thoughts is always great to experiment and flesh out their personas, whether it be getting ripped off at a market sale, confronted my a mob of goblins, or simply the mindset when having too much to drink!

Now then, what kind of tale do you want to start with? Always a great way to think about the journey, even if it has simple beginnings. Even if I sort of suck making opening threads, i would be more than willing to set up the pieces.

Also, before I forget, the reason why you want Silver is to purchase items and spells your character can use. You cannot use Communicate with Beasts without that technique. I bring this up because I saw on your profile that was a skill she was pretty adept with it seemed.

chels

Character Info
Name: Evelyn
Race: Elf
Class:
Silver: 510
Haha, got it. I will endeavour to keep this to 4.75 pages at most XD

I see. I think I've done all I can to set Evelyn up… the rest of  her character development will occur via roleplay. And, yes! I used to love putting my characters in difficult situations. For Evelyn, I think that forming a trusting relationship with someone will be a huge thing. Of course, this will involve a great deal of external and internal conflict. I think, perhaps, I would personally find it too hard to allow my character to harass poor Eden… I'd feel awful, knowing her background!

I have a number of character plots in my head that I am hoping to unroll within the context of various larger plots…. I'm still trying to learn about all the different settings we have here, but the Ancense Ruins have peaked my interest. Perhaps we can create a situation in which Evelyn and one of your characters are somehow forced to team up to find some kind of rare treasure rumoured to be buried there…. and they have to face the dangers that lurk deep within the tunnels. Evelyn would find Douken's carefree attitude and tendency to get lost extremely frustrating, and she would probably have to consciously stop herself from trying to kill Jesgil because of her helpful, smiley manner. It'll be fun.

We could start much smaller, though, and just see what happens. Taverns are a good place to meet people and get some info about rumoured treasure… ;-) What do you think?

Also thank you for the heads up on the commune with beasts technique! I hadn't even considered that. Luckily, it's in my price range!
Jesgil

Character Info
If we are talking about rumored treasures, then Douken would be the man for the job there. And why pass on the tavern middle man and start straight at the sight? One can be assigned an actual job to check out the region while the other finds it through dumb luck or his own rumors. After all, Douken does have a relic he is currently passively looking answers for. If he is low on coin and a dangerous temple exploration job pops up, why not investigate? Both the scholar/architect/archeologist and the him would be glad to seek out such a project.

So, all we need now is to choose who has the job and who finds the place at random and start from there! =P Although I think storyflow-wise, this would mean the one with the job would start the thread… If that is alright with you.

chels

Character Info
Class:
That all sounds perfect to me! So to clarify, one person is working at the bar to gather information, and the other kind of stumbles across the place… and that's how they meet?

Evelyn would be likely to work in the tavern for a short time to get some cash…. it sounds like dumb luck is kind of Douken's thing XD Does that sound good to you? I'm happy to start the thread; but you'll have to forgive the cobwebs and dust bunnies decorating my roleplay skills!
Jesgil

Character Info
Not at the bar, but at one of the ruin sites. The one with the job is there to scour it for some historical details while the other arrives because of pure dumb luck/personal visit to the area. Unless you want it all to start at the tavern. I am here to help you, not the other way around XD

And if you are worried about the dust bunnies, I am sure I can help them get cleaned right up ^^

boneami

Character Info
Name: Marthaen
Race: Ruby Gemstone Dragon
Class: Fire breather.
Silver: 2570
As with many other posts I've seen in here I haven't played in a very long time. I've enjoyed reading some of the threads I've seen and intend to keep reading but, there's always a but huh? I've only ever played free-form and almost always one on one. Things like armor stats and the things you buy with silver are out of my realm of experience. But hey, if I can't play I can still watch! I know from previous experience how tough it is to run a place like this and the fact you guys are still around and obviously popular speaks volumes to the dedication and time spent by your staff. I'm sure you have people tell you how much they appreciate what you do all the time and add my name to that list. Never forget that all your hard work gives many people hours of fun and a much needed release from the mundane. Seriously, Thanks! :)

You said start a fire! You didn't say how big.
chels

Character Info
Class:
Add myself to that list of gratitude so wonderfully described by Boneami!

Jesgil - ahh okay, no that makes sense! Let's meet at one of the ruin sites. I'll start a thread later today~! (Don't mind my weird time zone.)
Douken

Character Info
Name: Douken Sota
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Explorer
Silver: 285
No worries, no worries (This is still Jesgil… just on the account he will be using for this mainly because I was checking some things out XD)

And don't worry about it. Its fun meeting people all over the world like this, really. I guess if it helps any, I am in the PST, so at the time of writing this response, it is 9:10 PM.

Once you have your thread written up, feel free to PM it to this account here, and i will try and get to it as soon as I see it ^^
The Slumbering Dragon

Character Info
Name: Maldrenth the Titan
Race: Dragon - Titan Dragon (Western Design)
Class: Dragon - Titan
Silver: 5
Sign me up.

New to Revaliir, so I like to see where such an adventure will take me. :)

"Tell me child, what do you know about the Myths and legends of Malrenth of Revaliir?"
"I know he was one of the dragons who began the line of Dragons not to mention being the first of the Western version of the species, Maldrenth is currently one of the largest Dragons to roam the world, and his disappearance is one of the greatest mysteries in history. Even to this day, no one knows where he went to."
"None but The Gods." ~ A Father talking to his child about Maldrenth the Dragon.
Serci

Character Info
Name: Serci
Race: Human
Class: Merc
Silver: 3146
Ah… Hehlp, I need a veteran…. Hi, I'm Serci… I'm not exactly new at the whole RP scene, but this is the biggest board I've experienced. I hope It's okay If I ask a few question over Pm to the poor unlucky soul who gets stuck with me…