Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]
Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
I have made a thread!

https://revaliir.com/forum/Kingdom-Adeluna/The-Winking-Mermaid/1042/

I don't know what else to put in here.  I'm open to any character posting, still figuring out my own character.

[Made by Brittlez]

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
-claims Harrison-  I will post for you when I get home from work!

The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
Name: Kreed
Alignment: TG
Race: Blessed Human
Class: Monk/Wanderer
Silver: 12
Howdies and Greetings!! I have a pretty good grasp of roleplaying games but have NO idea of how to do this. Kinda joined up with my brother and am hoping someone could kind of give me a run down of how all this works. My character is a semi-serious semi-comic relief. He is a monk fisherman that has dedicated his life to the harmony and beauty to the art of fishing. Defends and heals the weak and vanquishes evil using a pole and hook. My brother is the character Valnar who is a Drow….so I guess I am adopted. But again just brand new to this whole concept and would appreciate the help.Thanks for your time.

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Hey there!  First off, welcome welcome!  There's TONS you can learn about the lore on the Wiki page, linked on the home page :3

For a quick crash course though, the main goal of RPing through writing is working with your RP partner to create a story :3 it can be anything you want so long as it obeys the Rules,  which are also linked on the home page (on my phone or I'd link them now lol)

For the Out Of Character forums (OOC if you will) it's a place for you to be you and take a break from your character being in the front seat lol 

This thread is great for newcomers and is made with them in mind!  You've told us a bit about your character, now let us know what kind of thread you'd like to write with your character :3 I'd be happy to RP with you for your first thread!  I have this account and a couple of others too!  

What type of RP would you like to start out with?  Think of each thread as a different chapter of your character's life, we're working together to tell these chapters :3 Above all its meant for fun and enjoyment and will become much easier the more you do it!

So that's RPing in a nutshell for writing lol Just remember to check out the rules on the homepage!  And don't feel too pressured, all of us have a time period where we adjust and even those of us that have been doing this for years have a lot more we can learn and advance on!

So what type of thread would you be interested in? :3

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
Thanks Naota for the welcome!
Again just a quick apology if I sound like a moron to start off with. This seems like a ton of fun and am excited.

The rules seem pretty straight forward so there is no issue there. I actually thought it was awesome that your character was a vampire hunter and was wondering what kind of awesome situation would drive a monk fisherman and a vampire hunter to work together?

I thought it would be awesome to start on the Canelux side but other than that I have no idea what i am doing and would mainly follow your lead. Thank you again for your help and look forward to RP with you. :)

Naota

Character Info
Of course, happy to have you here!  I will personally make sure you start out on a fun foot >:3

Canelux is perfectly fine!  There's so many opportunities for them to get themselves in a good situation, and your character being a monk has even more potential since Naota focuses so much on holy magick and light magick :3

I can start a thread no problem!  If you want we can start out with something simple to help you get your sea legs so to speak lol and then advance it to something more if you'd like :3 would you be up for a festival?  Or maybe a cross country trip?  Mayhem can always ensue down the line >3>

God Rules:
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
ooo ooo a festival does sound like an interesting start. I made some slight changes to my character I like what I came up with so I believe I am ready to get going.
So do I just respond to posts that you begin then and we go from there?

Naota

Character Info
A festival it is then!  Yep, you read my post and then write a reply as your character responding to what happens.  Think of it like that game some people used to play as kids where someone starts a story and then passes it on to the next person to continue.  Only always remember not to control anyone else's character but your own and not to use any items or powers that you haven't purchased from the shops :3 if there's ever an item you're unsure of or a question don't be scared to ask :3 

If you'd like you can always read some threads on here to try and get a feel for how they play out too :D 

God Rules:
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
ok awesome! one question I did have was that my character mainly used a fishing pole with a large hook attached as a weapon though he is not opposed to using tridents, harpoons, nets, etc. I already purchased a fishing pole but am i allowed to use it as a weapon even though it is not technically classified on the game?

The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
Oh and also what is the name of the thread we are going to be starting under? I didnt catch it. thanks again!