Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > The Greenhorns' Guild [New Mentors Available!]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895

To help out people who are completely new to roleplaying, I present to you the Greenhorns’ Guild! This is a small organization based on helping new people understand the basic ins and outs of roleplaying with help from veteran writers. The newcomers will also gain an extra amount of silver crescents from participating, as the veteran role-players will donate the silver earned from the thread to the newcomer.

There are a few basics for the newcomers who will be posting. First of all, post here and give us a brief introduction to your character. That gives us a better idea of to best help you out. In order to gain the bonus silver, you must post five times in your thread. However, there is no time limit for the new people to post to the threads. You get to keep any of the items you drop, which can be sold to other writers, or kept to make better items. If you would like tips and help with your writing, just let us know! We were all new at one point.

Newcomers get the first 5 posts of silver from their veteran! Make sure that the veterans get ahold of an admin to transfer the silver after the 5 posts are done. Please make sure to keep track as well!

Veteran Members - Angela Rose, Douken, Serafina, Nemesis, Nelanna, Raith, Kiba

Rules for Veterans
1. If you are currently helping one new person, please pass on the next new person to another veteran.
2. Please start or reply to threads within 3-5 days, this will help keep our new people around.
3. Be encouraging, and help your new person out as much as you can. This can be anything from figuring out new plots to simple editing.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Leo

Character Info
Name: Núria
Alignment: CN
Race: Appears Human
Class: Psychopomp
Silver: 447
Hello, is this where I should sign up? ^.^ I'm new! I dabbled in RP a bit in the past, and writing a little FF before that, but honestly I'm sooooo rusty I could use all the help I could get.

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
It is indeed!  What sort of character do you have?  I have three characters (so far) that you could interact with.  Moliira, who is the deity of wild places and the hunt, Orabela Hammersmash who is a traveling dwarven weaponsmith, and Ynnarah, a lycanthrope who writes down the song she hears from the stars.  Any of them sound interesting?

Leo

Character Info
Oooh, fun! Thank you :o)

Soooo…. I'm still kinda fleshing Núria out. Starting her journal (link) was a good writing exercise for me, I essentially word-vomited a large chunk of her backstory into it, bwahahaha. In my head, I guess she's a human (she thinks) black market networker, facilitator, trader, and weapons connoisseur. If there's an illicit weapons shipment going down in Canelux, she probably played some sort of role in it, if not more than that. As a personal rule, she doesn't get her hands bloody, but she's more than happy to put you in contact with someone who does… for the right price. Above all, Núria prides herself on being an efficient businesswoman with a no-drama reputation and a high success rate.

I'm trying to play the chaotic neutral alignment pretty straight… she's fiesty, but cautious. First and foremost, she's a hustler looking out for number one (LOL), but she doesn't lack empathy for her fellow wayfarer and will help out if it doesn't cost her anything.

Orabela makes sense, as Núria is all about networking. A traveling dwarven weaponsmith would prove extremely useful to Núria's clientele. However, I don't know Orabela's alignment, if she's a rule stickler for example, she may be offended by a black market dealer trying to chat her up. Or perhaps any business is good business (as Núria views it). Or maybe she tries to instead turn Núria into the authorities, haha, and that becomes an adventure of its own.

What do you think?

Moliira

Character Info
Apologies for the delay in replying, been busy!  Orabela might just be up for that, she isn't really law abiding.  Though she doesn't like to see people hurt.  I can set something up for you in the next day hopefully, and we can see where things go!  Any areas in particular good?

Leo

Character Info
Yay! Núria's not big on seeing people hurt, either, but she just doesn't think about what her trade deals are used for and still manages to sleep at night somehow. She's good almost anywhere but the Vilpamolan coast and the nearby areas. ^^;

And no rush! I'm pretty slow, busy at work, so I'm more of a weekender RPer haha.

Moliira

Character Info
Okay, I will get you a thread up in a day or so then!

Moliira

Character Info
Leo

Character Info
Cello, I'm SO sorry for the delay! Got caught in a work trip, unfortunately, but I'm back now. ^^; I posted a reply, hope it's ok! Let me know if there are any suggestions or room for improvement.

Valnar

Character Info
Name: Valnar Deett
Alignment: CG
Race: Drow
Class: Aspiring Ranger/Adventurer
Silver: 0
Ooooh sign me up! I've done a couple other RP's but still kind of brand new to the whole thing. Valnar is a drow who was abandoned on the doorstep of a young farmer and his wife, he loves to read and wants to see the world and become a ranger. He is Chaotic Good but I'd love for that to change either direction on the moral spectrum. I've set it up to where he will be in the City of Adeluna so either in the city itself or on the way there would be awesome as for setting. I kind of set it up for him to be a blank slate to save all the good stuff for play.

Also, where's the cbox?
Thanks!

OOC: Poe

Alignment is subject to change
Valnar can be a little bit of a ditz early on, this also will change as time goes on.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY DURING THE WEEK I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POSTING DAYS. I DO HAVE YOUNG'UNS SO BARE WITH ME :D