Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Benin, Grand Capital of Fulani > Terrowin Shenanigans; A Compellation [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Lewis had a hard time with the fact that he was supposed to act so casually with someone who once tried to steal Simone away from him, but Simone with her blue-blooded aptitude seemed to have very little issue diving into the conversation. For her, though, it felt more like showing off to him than anything else. This was her life, and she was proud of it. Her life. Her children. Her Lewis. It was all something that she wanted to share with the world. Who gave a damn if they cared? To her, all that mattered was that she had this in her life.

“Fine,” Lewis said as he rolled his eyes with a half smirk, diving into one of the hundreds of stories they had about Janus and Lila throwing their little tantrums. Of course, “little” to them was actually quite extraordinary, and usually ended with a disaster. Of course, Janus denied it, and Lewis ruffled the boy’s hair.

“You’re a little tyrant, you know?” Lewis said with a smile. “I can’t wait to see what amazing things you’ll do…” That was one thing where Lewis and Simone seemed to differ. Simone wanted them to be children forever, but Lewis was excited for what they could become. Their potential was limitless. All of the kids had it.

“Lucas is quite the bookworm. One day, he’ll be an amazing scholar. I have no doubt about that. Ezili…she wants to be a dancer. It was hard at first, but she got the hang of it. I was there when she fell, and picked her up. Well…Lucas did the picking up. Poor boy turned the reddest color I’ve ever seen. Then, there’s Rex. That boy…I figured he’d be the biggest fuck up, but in the most spectacular way. He sure as hell showed me…settled down with a loving wife and a litter of kids.” He wasn’t about t o go into the details.

“There’s Jules and Corrin. They’re quite the amazing little ones. They love art and spending time with each other. They have plenty of time to decide what they want to do. Then, there’s Fiori. She’s a hell of a girl. Never afraid to get her hands dirty. Wants to become a seamstress, but I swear she’s almost as conniving as I am. Mira…her love on the sea and her friends will always lead her in the right direction. Everett and Alshaya…almost as bad as the twins, but they have the biggest hearts. And of course…little Glynn. He’s got more than enough time to grow into a fine young man…”

Lewis scoffed. “I never thought any of this would happen. Surely not with the way things were going…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
When Lewis commented on what the twins would do Simone made a disappointed childish noise. It got a laugh and look out of Leilah.

“I thought with the way the resonance worked that you two agreed on everything,” Leilah spoke.

“Hell no,” Simone glared at Lewis. “There are lots of things we don’t agree on but we don’t fight about it. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t poke the fucking bear when he is bored.” Simone waved her hand to wave off any comment Lewis might have made but she could see him smirking. “He’s a tyrant when he’s bored.”

“Is that where the twins get it?” Leilah smirked.

“Probably from both of us,” Simone did a half hearted twirl of her finger. “It’s a nightmare when they are bored. I’ll miss it when they are older.”

Simone smiled with a warm heart when she listened to everything. “Mira flooded the castle so many times when she was younger. I don’t know how many times we had to carry turtles and other sea animals out. She didn’t speak a lick of common so we had to slowly teach her… Alshaya is sharp tongued and a spoiled princess. She came like that despite our best efforts… She is so lovable though. Everett has a love of bacon and Lewis gave in–”

“Are you ever going to let that go?” Lewis smirked at her.

“Nope, because breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner its DAD YOU LET ME HAVE BACON THAT ONE TIME?! REMEMBER?! Every. Day.” Simone did a mock of Everett’s voice. “They can sense weakness.”

“I heard Alshaya did something…” Leilah narrowed her eyes.

“Oh you mean she tried to loophole kidnapping Llonan and taking him to show and tell? Yeah, she actually did that. Llywellyn almost started a war because he thought his son was actually in danger. Nope, my seven-year-old managed to get around all of his guards and kidnap the sixth prince of Sulwal. Don’t tell Shaya but I’m mildly impressed and terrified.”

“Your children all sound amazing and terrifying,” Jack spoke up.

“They have their moments. Glynn just loves snuggles and he’s starting to walk now. Lewis’s eyes lit up so much. He loves watching them take their first steps. Lewis’s face when Glynn has acts of defiance is priceless. He’s all ‘you were the chosen one’. Glynn threw potato salad at his sister the other day when she got loud at dinner. It shocked us all as he yelled no at her. Shaya had no response. Glynn likes to throw food now… We’re officially entering his toddler years.”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis was pretending to cry over the fact that Glynn had been corrupted by his other kids. “My poor innocent boy. He’ll be a crack shot archer one day at the rate he’s going. They grow up so fast…”

Jack snorted. “I never thought I’d see Lewis act like this. It’s almost priceless.”

“I can still kill you three different ways without moving from this chair, so don’t get any ideas.” The ex-assassin smirked as Janus made a face and blew a raspberry at Jack, and then snuggled back into Simone.

“I don;’t doubt that,” Jack replied with a heavy sigh. “Sadly, I don’t have time to die. Too busy making tonics. Speaking of, do you happen to nee-”

“Xeik has us covered,” Lewis replied. “He’s the only non-Rose that I trust to look after my family.”

“Oh…” Jack looked almost disappointed. “Well, if you ever need anything just let me know.”

Simone

Character Info
“I don’t wanna think about it,” Simone whined at Lewis. “He’s my beautiful baby boy,” Janus whined up at her. “I don’t play favorites. You are my other beautiful baby boy.” Janus accepted that answer.

Simone waved her hand at Jack, “We’re just really protective for a reason…”

They continued talking for a good ten minutes before there was a portal that opened up right there and screaming. Simone sat there with a blank expression on her face. She was embarrassed as Ezili ran through with Everett in her arms, “MOMMA.” Everett was crying. He was holding a towel to his nose and it was all bloody.

“Sorry Momma,” Ezili frowned a bit. “He got decked.”

“PUT ME DOWN RIGHT THIS INSTANT!” Lucas came through and he had Alshaya by her legs as she swung herself around trying to punch at Lucas. “HE DESERVED IT!”

“I DID NOT,” Everett yelled as Leilah prepared to fix his nose.

“You are still punching your brother?” Leilah looked disappointed.

“I punched him good this time! Maybe I can break it the other way!”

“Alshaya Leilani!” Simone yelled as she held her forehead in embarrassment. “What have I said about punching your brother?”

“Why are we making this about me?!” She was still upside down as she put her hands on her hips staring at her parents. “What have I said about Everett being a little shit!”

“I’m not a little shit!!!” Everett yelled back.

Dusk

Character Info
The disasters that walked through the portal were none other than Alshaya and Everett, who had once again gotten into a fight. Suddenly, Jack didn’t even exist in Lewis’ mind, and his entire attention went to his family. Lucas was “restraining” Alshaya, waiting for one of the parents to decide how to deal with the whole situation.

It was, of course, Simone who used Alshaya’s full name to indicate how much trouble the feisty girl was in. Despite the tongue lashing, Alshaya was all fire today.

“Both of you need to watch your language,” Lewis snapped as he looked over Everett. He sighed, and pulled out a small little vial. “Drink. Slowly.”

Everett downed the vial in one gulp, and then started to cough and sputter. “It burns….”

“That would be why I told you to drink it slowly,” Lewis said as he stood up. “Should ease the pain. We’ll stop by and see Xeik on the way home.” At the rate that they had to see the healer, Lewis was wondering if he should just hand over half of his fortune for future medical bills.

The ex-assassin turned his attention to Alshaya. “What have we said about fighting?”

“Don’t get caught,” Alshaya said smugly.

“Your siblings, Alshaya. You know very well what I was talking about.”

“Not to do it,” Alshaya grumbled. “Not my fault though. He called me fat.”

Everett ran up to them, “I did not! I said she should lay off the bacon cause she needs to look after her figure. That means more bacon for me!”

Lewis rolled his eyes. “Everett…you called her fat. Also, if she stops eating bacon that means we just make less. You’re not magically going to get more.”

“Why not though?” the little deviant boy asked. “It’s the best food!”

“Apologize to your sister. And Alshaya? Apologize for hitting your brother. Even if he did say something mean, that doesn’t give you the right to hit him. We talk to each other in this family. Right?”

Simone

Character Info
Jack looked at the small family and realized how much Lewis had grown up into a responsible father. He sat back and watched what he thought would be a disastrous marriage.

Shaya was finally put down and she had her arms crossed, “Did you talk to the people who you shanked in the back before you killed them?!”

Simone smacked the girl up the backside of her head, “Apologize.” The mother had a tone that left no room for Shaya’s sass as the girl was now cowering at her mother.

“I’m sorry Daddy!” She ran over to Lewis and climbed him like a tree hugging him tightly. “I’m sorry to the white-haired bumpkin too.”

“I AM NOT A BUMPKIN!” Everett yelled. “Tell her Momma tell her I’m not a bumpkin!”

Simone sighed a bit and adjusted Janus in her arms so Everett could sit on her lap. “My goodness.” She kissed the top of his head. “And this is why we split your rooms up.”

“So I don’t have to smell Everett?”

“I TOOK A BATH TODAY!”

“Yeah but you forgot to wash behind your ears! LOOK DADDY LOOK BEHIND HIS EARS!”

Simone smirked a bit, “I guess we’re gonna have to cut things short… We need to get Everett to Xeik… We had a whole day planned here.”

Lila made her grand appearance, “You ruined it!” She yelled at them. “SELFISH!”

“We’re sorry Lila!” Everett and Alshaya immediately apologized. “We’ll make it up to you!”

“You play on playground with us for twelve hours!” Lila yelled. “NO BREAKS!”

“Little… tyrant.” Simone sighed.

“Nap breaks,” Janus replied. “Lunch too.” Lila nodded.

Jack smiled, "You proved everyone wrong Lewis. You are a great parent and husband. You've changed a lot!" Even Jack had as he was handed things to do from Leilah.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis sighed. These children were quite the handful today, but he didn’t mind. Soon, they would grow up and he would probably end up missing the days like today. He could feel it from Simone, her desire to keep things as they are, and knew that despite his excitement for their potential, he would be sad to see them grow and eventually leave.

He stood up and swooped Lila into his arms. “Yes, yes…they do owe you. Now, let’s get going.” He gave Jack a quick look. “You…well…if Leilah can work a miracle on you, then maybe you’re okay. You’ve done well for yourself…just don’t screw it up.” With that, he said his goodbyes to Leilah, and led his family to Elysia, where a not so shocked Xeik would fix Everett’s nose…

—-

That’s Our Baby Brother

It was a special day for Lewis and Simone, one where they had to spend the entire day away from the twins. Janus and Lila hated it, but this was a part of their growth. They needed to get used to spending time away from their parents, lest they become far too attached. Janus, in particular, was quite the Momma’s boy. So, Xeik recommended a vacation for the two. Begrudgingly, the two agreed, and suddenly Xeik was left with all ten of the children who needed to be looked over.

Xeik of course wasn’t alone. Mia was in Elysia with Myrri, their newborn baby. It was her idea to get Xeik out and about as well, as his constant worrying over their child was surprisingly driving them both crazy. It was none other than Lywellyn who had offered his aid in watching the kids, and had even brought his own to help, as well as a few inconspicuous guards.

They had settled on Taevalinn due to it being one of the safest places for them all, and soon Ly and Xeik were relaxing as they watched the kids play around the open garden and playground that had been installed. There were a lot of other kids as well, a few of them with rather expensive looking clothes. They were likely the offspring of the wealthier merchants who had settled on Teavelinn for business.

“I would say keep an eye out,” Xeik started, “But I’m more worried for those kids than I am for the Terrowins…”

Simone

Character Info
Llywellyn was watching his children as well. He had brought three. Llonan, the youngest, and then two red-haired daughters. His own set of twins. “I just hope they behave. Simone has that ring that lets her know when one gets hurt you know. She would zip right over here and punch me in the face if something happened.” Lly gave him a smirk.

Lila was making a flower crown with Alshaya. “That’s too small for someone you like Lila!”

Lila puffed her face out and totted over to Glynn who was spacing out over the flowers. “Here.” She put it on his head. “See. Just. Right.” She nodded to Alshaya.

“Oh!” Alshaya giggled before running over to Llonan and put the flower crown on his head and gave him a cheek kiss before running away.

“ALSHAYA AND LLONAN SITTING IN A TREE!” Everett yelled from the top of a jungle gym.

“Shut up!!!” Alshaya yelled.

Glynn fussed and Lila picked up a rock chucking it at Alshaya.

“HEY, THAT HURT!” Alshaya looked around to see who did it but Lila was looking away. “Who did it?!”

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Xeik sighed, “Simone would deck you, and Lewis would kill me. Wouldn’t even hesitate…” The healer sighed as he sat back and watched the kids. “Still…we can’t just go after them every time they do something. Unless it’s major, we might as well let them work it out.”

Janus was over near Lila and Glynn, laying in the grass with his eyes closed. For the most part, he was content to take this time to nap the day away, but as always he could hear his siblings arguing. When Everett started to chant, a few kids took notice at the raucous behavior of the Terrowin family.

While Alshaya was busy looking for the one who threw a rock, a rather pompous looking boy walked up to her and straightened his frock. “I saw you with that…drab boy over there. Whatever he has to offer, I promise you that my father-”

Everett came running over, knocking the boy to the ground in the process. “Hey sis, I bet you a silver you can’t beat me in a race!” He looked over and realized that he had accidentally knocked the kid over. “Oh! I’m sorry!” He held out his grimy hands and smiled. “Name’s Everett and this is my sister, Alshaya! Sorry! Here, let me help you up!”

Lynette had gone and found the highest point on the playground, and was sitting up top swinging her legs. She was getting quite the show of everything beneath her, and was content to watch the chaos below. Mostly, she was keeping an eye on her two younger siblings Jules and Corrine. The two were, out of all the Terrowin children, the weakest of the bunch, and she made it her mission to wreck anyone who would dare hurt them.

Janus yawned, and rolled over. “Everyone is so loud today…” he grumbled.

Simone

Character Info
Alshaya looked at the boy, “Did you just insult my–” Everett cut her off and she laughed. “YEAH, let’s play. LLONAN, we’re gonna play! No rules! That means magic~” She rolled up her sleeves and patted her skirts to make sure they weren’t too poofy and got in the way. “I’m gonna kick your butts!”

Lila looked over at Janus, “Yeah, they loud.” Lila got up and went over to a large bush. She broke one of the larger leaves and totted back over to Glynn holding it over him. Glynn calmed down a bit more and cooed before going back to sleep. “Good Glynn.”

Alshaya got up on top of a bench and looked at the boys, “This race will have no rules, all things go, there is no such thing as cheating. The race will be three loops around the playground using any means necessary. Loser has to do something embarrassing at a later date.”

The other children came over, “I bet we could win.”

“If you think you can win… Then you can play.” Alshaya gave a grin to Llonan and Everett. They had played together enough that they knew how each other worked but these new kids didn’t know. “Oh! Only rule is that you have to go around you can’t cut through.”