Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Apoy Island > Shenanigans: The Younger Years [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Lewis was usually one for a sense of punctuality, however there were far too many factors that night that seemed dead set on delaying his arrival back to the tower. The first, and most annoying in Lewis’ honest opinion, was the argument in which his client decided to short half of the silver that Lewis had earned on completing his job. This was not the first, nor would it be the last, that someone would dare try to stiff an assassin.

It was a relatively easy problem to fix. Most of those who threatened to withhold payment soon found themselves blacklisted in areas frequented by assassins and mercenaries. For Lewis, though, he preferred a much more direct approach. So, instead of losing out on half of his pay, Lewis gained a hefty sum of silver that night.

Finding himself running behind, Lewis stopped by a merchant on his way back for a small gift to get Snowball and Simone for being late. Snowball was easy; a bit of unique birdseed. Simone, though, ended up taking even more time than he wanted. In the end, he chose a few new fruits…one of them called a sugar-apple, and the other a guava. Neither of them were anything that Lewis had any interest in, but for her…

The assassin stepped into the tower using his gate ring, and looked around. It was dark, and Lewis assumed that Simone had gone to sleep. He paused, wondering if he should wake her up, but decided against it. Moments later, he opened the door to his room, and started to remove his gear. There was a slight stirring, and he drew a dagger, ready for-

“Simone?” he whispered. Surely enough, the girl was sleeping peacefully in his bed, snuggling his pillow. “…but why?” He finished putting his gear away, and sat on the edge of the bed, slowly running his hands through her hair. “Why did you fall asleep here?”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone was in a good deep sleep as she snuggled her head against his hand and grumbled a bit. “Waiting for you to come home,” she let out a small yawn as she snuggled closer to the pillow. “I waited up for you…” She was fighting the sleep pretty hard as she brought a hand up and rubbed her head.

Snowball stirred awake and flew out and got onto the bed just to chirp softly giving him updates. Noting that he took the time to make sure she didn’t actually try to wait up for Lewis. Once done the bird went back to sleep in his cage.

Mone finally opened her grey eyes and looked at him with a small smile though it was clear sleep could take her back at any moment. “I like falling asleep with you… and I miss you when you are gone. It feels strange to sleep in my room,” she seemed a bit more honest and full of courage when she was yawning and stretching before laying herself back down and closing her eyes. “Let me know when you get home okay… I miss you.” It was a small tired voice. One that hadn’t realized it was actually him home now.

Dusk

Character Info
At first, Lewis thought that Simone had woken up. At the end of her statements, though, Lewis figured out that she was in a half-sleep state, and he smirked. Snowball had tattled on her of course, but now was not the time to bring all of that up. He continued to pet her, and leaned down to put his forehead to hers.

“I’m home okay, Simone.” There was no sincerity in his voice, and to anyone watching, it would look almost as if a serial killer were trying to scare his victim half to death before doing the deed. But, to Lewis, this was as sincere as he could be. The look in his eyes, though dead, still held a fragment of caring and understanding.

Snowball chirped softly along with Lewis, trying to pull Simone out of her slumber.

Simone

Character Info
There’s that warmth that she had come to love. A small smile once more appeared as she rubbed her forehead against his and made a few sleepy noises. Once his words registered her eyes shot open and her arms were immediately around his neck. “You made it home!” She looked him over and hugged him again in a tight hug.

Snowball looked triumphant in their awakening of the princess from her slumber. “Are you okay? You were late normally you are never late. Was the job hard? Was the client an asshole?” She entered into a panicked worried mode that she normally never showed but she had been waiting for him this time. He hadn’t come home at the time they had discussed.

“Are you tired? Do you need me to get you food? I’m sure someone is still in the kitchen if you are hungry…” Simone always let him take care of himself but this Simone was going above and beyond her normal poking. Willing to absolutely get out of bed and get him what he needed.

“I’m… happy you are home.” She blushed a bit when she realized how ridiculous she must look.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis stared at Simone for a moment once she woke up, her panic mostly amusing the assassin more than anything else. Once she settled down and got embarrassed, he smirked.

“I am fine,” he said simply. There wasn’t much else to say or do when it came to how he felt. “I’m glad to be home.” Lewis got up and started to wander around the room, unsure of exactly how to act. This was the first time that he had ever come home to a woman in his bed, and it was…different. He wasn’t sure if he was to leave Simone there, join her, or what.

“The client decided that he didn’t want to pay,” Lewis said, realizing he owed her the explanation. “Because it took so long dealing with that issue, I…stopped and got a surprise for you and Snowball.” At that, the bird chirped and flew to Lewis’ shoulder, practically demanding his gift. “It’s in the bag in the commons…”

Snowball flew off, leaving Simone and Lewis alone. “I…got you fruit…”

Simone

Character Info
“He’s going to get fat…” She gave Lewis an amused look as she joked about Snowball and his snacks.

Simone sat on the bed and watched him for a while, “Really? Wanna try it with me?” She was moving about nervously. After a bit, she got up and pulled out some of his sleep clothes. “Come on.” She beckoned him to come to her. “Arms up.” She helped him get changed and waited for him to get the fruit.

“What’s this one? And this one?!” She was excited over fruits she had never seen before and she plopped in his lap without even thinking about it as she took his secret dagger he always kept on him out and sliced the fruit up. When he looked at her strangely she looked at him, “What? I know where you keep all your daggers.”

She held up part of the guava to his lips. “Try.”

Dusk

Character Info

Lewis was a little too tired to argue with Simone as she helped get him out of the day clothes he was wearing. He wandered back into the commons where a rather bloated Snowball was rolling around, and picked up the fruit he had gotten Simone. To his surprise, she was still awake as he handed each of them to her, telling her the names.

“This is a…what was it, sugar apple? And this one is called a guava. I’ve never seen them before, and I figured you’d enjoy something from the outside world.” He handed them over, and without warning the girl popped into his lap happily. Without a word she snatched the hidden dagger he had in his back belt, and started to slice up the fruit

Before he could get much of a complaint out, Simone popped a piece of the guava into his mouth. “It’s….really sweet…” he said, a little surprised at the taste of the new fruit. She was happy, though, and that was probably what mattered the most about this.

Simone

Character Info
“Oh! They look yummy,” Mone smiled and immediately went about snatching his dagger to cut it. “Oh really? Let me taste,” she kissed him and thought about it before plopping a piece in her own mouth. She was clearly teasing him as she happily munched on the sugar apple.

Mone began to cut up the guava after a moment and thought about how she would tease him with it. He always had the upper hand on her. She munched on more of the sugar apple as she thought before finally making her move.

“Here, have a piece of the guava,” She put it on her lips lightly and put it close to him. “Here,” she said it without moving her lips. Clearly, this was meant as some sort of punishment for him being late but it wasn’t cruel.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis was confused at what Simone was doing. Was she trying to tease him? Punish him for being late? Or was this her way of saying that she was happy and excited that he was home again? The girl was honestly confusing him, but she was leaving herself wide open for whatever came her way at this point. He moved up and kissed her, tasting the fruit on her lips. He pulled back for a moment to chew and swallow, and then leaned in for another kiss.

This time, though, he pulled her down onto the bed, not really caring if the fruit spilled across the sheets. No, the food was a lost cause at this point. Now, it was Simone. That was all that was on his mind, and he was home again. Tonight…

“Tonight…you sleep here. And…” He looked to the side, avoiding her gaze. “Every night…if you want…even when I’m not here…”

Simone

Character Info
Mone was excited as he kissed her and she eagerly returned it. There was a small noise from her as he pulled her down but she looked happy. She had heard the dagger, food, and plate hit the ground but she didn’t care either.

Tilting her head as he looked away from her Simone tried to gauge what he was thinking about. When he finally spoke a blush came across her face. “I would really like that Lewis… Sleeping in my bed doesn’t feel right now…” She admitted. “It’s lonely without you.”

There was a small flush forming on her face as she snuggled into him. “Every night…” Her hand found his and she laced her fingers with his. “I like this…”