Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Apoy Island > Shenanigans: The Younger Years [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Lewis stared at the bird, and then at Simone. “This is it? Your big secret?” The assassin rolled his eyes. “And here I thought it was going to be something important.” He sighed, and turned around, waving his hand. “Do whatever. Just make sure it doesn’t make a mess. If it does, just clean up after it.” Despite his tone, he was smirking as he faced away from Simone. He couldn’t let her know that he knew. More importantly, he couldn’t let her know that he honestly didn’t care.

“You’re in charge of ordering him food though. Don’t expect me to be nice about it.”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
“What other big secret would I have? A mystery boyfriend I hide in your closet?” She quirked an eyebrow. “Nothing that exciting. Just Snowball,” she smiled but Snowball protested. “Forgive me, Snowball thinks he is mighty exciting.” Snowball puffed his chest and she chuckled.

Putting Snowball down she ran and jumped onto Lewis latching onto his back and around his neck, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” She was kissing his cheek now as she pulled him down using her weight. “Revenge!” She had him pinned on the floor. “Next time don’t leave me hanging outside the window for so long okay?” She was staring down at him but honestly, it took most of her strength to get them this far.

“Thank you for letting me keep Snowball. It makes me really happy.”

Dusk

Character Info
“Snowball, huh?” Lewis said with a raised eyebrow. “You gave it a name already?” He eyed the bird, who seemed quite full of himself despite the whole situation that was happening. The assassin shrugged, and started to wander off, but was attacked by Simone. Even though Lewis could have easily taken control of the situation, he let Simone drag him down and pin him to the ground.

Lewis stared up at Simone as she spoke, and her words barely registered. “Right…” He glanced away, trying not to show that he was flustered being beneath her. “Well…just…make sure he doesn’t do anything funny in the tower, right?” He had already said that, but it was hard to focus.

Simone

Character Info
“Of course! I gave it to him today! Everyone has to have a name!” She noticed that his face was starting to flush and she smirked a bit. “Sure! I’ll keep a close eye on him.” She leaned down and kissed him. “Thank you!” She got up and stuck her tongue out. “That’s for leaving me on the windowsill and being perverted.”

Lewis got more flustered and looked away from her, “Yeah whatever.”

Miscommunications Round 2

(This is before Simone’s death after dream dive)

Simone was drying her hair with a towel as she came into the tower. She could hear Lewis talking to himself. Maybe he was debating him with himself. She tilted her head and listened in, “I could just dump her in the swamp. It's as good of a place as any. Then it's not my problem…"

Simone jolted back a bit before she started to back up. Her breaths were heaving and she felt herself start to hyperventilate. Before she could break down and cry right in front of his door she opened her bedroom door and slammed it as hard as she could.

Locking the door she went and crawled onto her bed. Bundling her blanket around her it wasn’t long before she started to cry. Though crying for Simone meant all the emotions and no tears.

Dusk

Character Info
It was a rather simple job that Lewis had to do, but there was an unusual request that came with it. Instead of leaving the body for proof, he was to dispose of it in a way that it wouldn’t be found. Having the entire tower to himself, he usually ended up vocalizing his plans. It was a stupid little thing, but it helped him focus on what needed to be done and how to do it.

“I could just dump her in the swamp…” Lewis ran down that train of thought. The target was close by, and the swamp was rumored to be bottomless. There had been several times where people had gone missing, and they blamed the swamp swallowing them whole. It was good enough.

Before he could go over the rest of the plan in his head, he heard the door slam. The assassin stood up, and walked over to Simone’s room.

“Simone?”

“Fuck off!” she said, her voice muffled through the door.

Lewis took a deep breath, and sighed. “Open the door.”

“No!”

“Fine.” With a swift kick, the door snapped off of the hinges, and Lewis walked in. “What. The hell. Is wrong.”

Simone

Character Info
Simone jumped up at his voice and shook her head as she grabbed the blanket and threw herself onto the bed. Rolling up she hid herself under the blankets. “Like you care,” she held resolve as she yelled at him more. She was very obviously upset.

Lewis threw the blanket off and she went to flail to grab it. “No!” She puffed up her face to him and her eyes were obviously red from trying to cry. “You are going to get rid of me! WHY WOULDN’T I BE UPSET! Any girl would be upset when their boyfriend decides to throw them in a swamp.” She yelled up at him.

Dusk

Character Info
The fact that she was referencing the swamp meant that she had overheard the conversation he was having with himself over what to do with his next job. It was easy enough to misunderstand, and he could almost get why she was panicking so much. He wishes, at least briefly, that she would have at least had a rational discussion about this.

Lewis opened his mouth with the clear intent of rectifying this misunderstanding.

“Did you just say boyfriend?” The assassin blinked. Had he heard her right? Was that his imagination?

“Y-yeah?” Simone said, giving him a look.

“Since…when have you called me that?” Obviously this was the less important of the two subjects, but for some reason it was at the forefront of his mind. “Are we…?” His face turned red. “…does that make you my…girlfriend?” That was such a weird word to say.

It dawned on him that he had never really said what he intended to say originally. “Why would I throw you in the swamp!? What do you take me for, a psychopath?” The ultimate irony in that statement was not apparent to Lewis.

Simone

Character Info
Simone had a blush go across her face once he asked her the question. “Of course! You can’t be my boyfriend without me being your girlfriend. I’ve been saying it for a few weeks now… Cause we are sleeping together… and you let me stay in your bed. You wouldn’t do that for just anyone… We’ve gone on a date now too. Doesn’t that mean…?” Did she misunderstand?

Psychopath? She stopped and stared at him. “Lewis… You kill people for a living. You threatened me for months when you first brought me here… and… you threatened to remove my limbs countless times. So forgive me for misunderstanding… You told me when you brought me here I was only here until you knew what to do with me…”

She sat on the bed with a frown. “Did you forget?”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis huffed and turned away. “What do you take me for? Of course I didn’t forget.” To anyone else, it was the perfect lie. To Simone, it was such an obvious lie that she merely gave him a glare.

“Fine,” Lewis said and he rolled his eyes. “I did forget. It felt like a lifetime ago.” Of course, to Lewis, it practically was. Simone didn’t remember the dream dive like he did, and that was a life changing event. It was impossible to explain to her, but he didn’t actually have to.

The assassin sighed. “I’m not going to kill you and dump your body in the swamp. I wouldn’t do that to my…” He paused. “To my girlfriend…” He practically muttered it, but he did at least say it. “I was musing over my next job and how to dispose of the body. It had nothing to do with you.”

Simone

Character Info
She sat there like a little doll. Her eyes stared at him practically yelling all the things she wanted to say to him. She looked away from him and blushed. “I’m sorry I misunderstood you.” She looked up at him. “You didn’t think we were… in a relationship?”

She pulled herself off the bed and hugged herself around his waist. “I’m sorry… I get scared when I think about when you’re gonna send me away finally.” She blinked a bit more. She knew that when Lewis wanted to get rid of someone it wouldn’t be… that hard.

She kissed the tip of his nose and blushed. “I overreacted…”