Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Apoy Island > Shenanigans: The Younger Years [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Lewis thought about that for a moment, and then shooed Jack out of the room. He turned his attention back to Simone, and crossed his arms. A hex? One that kills? But she was immortal, so that made no sense. He had little idea of how most major hexes worked, but he at least understood a few of the basics. Most hexes were cast with an end goal. In this instance, Simone’s death.

It was possible that the crazed idiot, Emil Somerset used a hex as a backup plan in case Lewis failed. Or he had tried something before, and it didn’t trigger until her death.

“Your death though,” Lewis said thinking out loud. From what he could understand about the immortality she possessed, it reset her body to a certain point in her life upon her death. Meaning that a reset would have wiped out any hex or curse on her body. Unless….

His eyes lit up. “He took your hair..” Hair wasn’t a part of the immortality curse. It only reset the organic parts of her body, and not the inorganic. It didn’t affect her clothes, her hair, or her nails. Even the dirt and grime stayed on her body from the reset.

“So…the hex is in your hair….”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone’s eyes were large as she listened to Lewis. Her death? Whoever cast the hex on her… He knew who it was? “Was… It was the white-haired man?”

The words left her lips before her face went blank. “What was I thinking about?” It was the curse in play. She remembered something she shouldn’t have. “Oh… Right… The hex.”

She looked really tired now as she pushed the food around on her plate. “Why not check where you found me?” Her eyes looked up at him. “I can’t remember where that was though. Wouldn’t it be there?” Still, she had no idea why someone would want to hex her.

“Did I cheat on someone or something? Why would they hex me?” If only she knew it was something along those lines. To make someone suffer over something so trivial as an heir. Taking the tonic she offered it up to Lewis. “I’m tired… can I have some tea?” The nightmares were too much.

Dusk

Character Info
It seemed that the hex and the curse of immortality were unrelated. Lewis clicked his tongue in annoyance. The curse wouldn’t let her speak of it. But a white haired man? It was a single clue, but based on just that alone, it was nothing to go off of. It would be better to deal with the hex first, and the curse later.

“Here,” he said as he took the tonic and mixed it with some fresh tea, handing it over to her.

As she sipped on the tea, Lewis thought about the source of the hex, and the best way to go about breaking it. There were plenty of people here at the temple that knew how to break hexes. Once Simone fell back asleep, Lewis wandered down to the library, and started to look up a few different books on hexes.

It didn’t take him long to locate one that had a similar effect to what Simone was feeling. This particular spell used something that was strongly leaked with the one they were inflicting the curse on. A favorite necklace, a lookalike doll, a strand of hair…anything would do. It was placed on a ritual circle, and a variety of different incantations were recited. As long as the object remained, the hex would remain in effect.

“Great…so it’s likely her hair…” he said to himself. He closed the book. Time for a visit to Emil Somerset…

It had been a long time since Lewis had broken into a place as a mere thief. He slipped down the halls of the elegant mansion, and looked about the main rooms for any semblance of a shrine. It took him a few hours, but in the end there was nothing to show for it. He cursed himself, and moved to the main hall.

Wait…leftover invitations? He picked up one of them. A funeral and a ‘death celebration’ were happening. Ah. A way to dispose of the evidence. It’s likely that he’s burying everything related to her in a ‘closed casket.’ The invitation stated that the funeral had already passed, but the celebration of her death was ongoing. It listed an address not too far from Emil’s mansion, only a block down from the local cemetery.

It didn’t take Lewis long to find the fresh grave for Simone Somerset. There were a few flowers scattered across the headstone and dirt. Lucky for Lewis, they hadn’t quite cleared out all the of the equipment from burying the empty casket.

“Time to get to work, I guess…” Lewis grabbed a shovel, and started to dig…

Lewis was in luck. IThe dirt barely had any time to settle, so it was easy enough to dig out the casket. Furthermore, nobody seemed interested in coming back to check up on her grave…nobles could be such wretches when it came to their false sympathies. Emil was likely drowning in wine, thankful that his problems were over…

He opened the casket, and smirked as he saw the objects inside. Papers from the assassination contracts that he had signed. A rusted shackle. And a vial with a single hair in it. He took both the shackle and the vial, leaving the papers. These were the only things that might link her, so he planned on destroying both of them.

He didn’t bother re-burying the casket. Let the bastard Emil panic that his secret might have gotten out. That wasn’t Lewis’ problem….

Hours later, he returned to the temple an absolute mess. For the time being, Simone was okay, so he could toss the shackle and hair into the fire later. For now, he needed to rest. He plopped down on the couch in the main common room, and closed his eyes. Digging holes was quite exhausting…

Simone

Character Info
Simone came down from her room and spotted Lewis who was on the couch. He was covered in dirt. Whatever he went to go find he most likely found it. Was he trying to help her? That was the only reason she could think of. Perhaps he wasn’t as much of a dick as she thought he was.

A sigh left her lips as she went upstairs and hesitated to go into his room. She rummaged around until she found fresh clothes. “He can’t complain… Much.” Her face flushed. “I guess he’s not too bad…”

He was really out like a light as she gently undressed him and changed his clothes. Laying him down on the couch she put a blanket over him and folded up everything next to him. Everything he had on him was next to him so he didn’t freak out.

She was curious but she shouldn’t mess with things she didn’t know about so… She just didn’t get nosy about what he got. Going back upstairs she laid back down in her bed and passed back out. What was the worst thing he could do?

Dusk

Character Info
It had been awhile since Lewis had pushed himself this hard, so when he awoke, he was surprised to find that things had changed. For one, he was covered. It was warm, and he felt…cleaner than he had been before passing out. New clothes? He looked to the table, where his dirty clothes were neatly folded, and his daggers were carefully laid.

Someone changed me. The fact that he hadn’t woken up was a problem. If it had been an enemy, he would have been dead. Even if he was home in Lord Raith’s temple, it wasn’t an excuse for his poor behavior. He groaned and sat up. Just how long had he been out? The fire had died down, and was now just smoldering embers. He got up and stretched, taking a moment before adding to the fireplace. Once the flames were roaring again, he poured himself a glass of water.

All this time, he was trying to reconcile what he knew to be true: It had to have been Simone. This girl who was terrified of him had taken the time to try and help him. And she had seen him…

“Irrelevant,” he said aloud, forcing the thought out of his head. It didn’t matter that she had seen him naked. It didn’t matter at all.

He made his way to her room, and walked in. “Come out here. We have things to discuss.”

Simone looked up at him from her bed. “O-okay…” She got up and followed him into the common room, and sat down.

“These here are likely related to a hex that is affecting your body,” Lewis said as he produced the vial of hair and the shackle. “Do these mean anything to you? I’m going to destroy them…but I want to make sure that these won’t trigger a memory or something before I do.”

She stared at him for a moment. Lewis started to feel self conscious, as if she were looking at him nake-

“Just answer the damn question already…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone did stare at him. She had never seen a boy naked before so she had stared at him then too. Her face flushed and she looked away from him while trying to think about it. “I don’t know the vial of hair.”

Taking a moment she finally turned herself back to the shackle and touched her wrists. “There… Were four of those.” She touched her head. “…The Lake.”

It looked like it hurt her but she dragged herself up to the wall and stumbled a bit as if she were losing energy. She had grabbed one of his daggers and slammed it into the wall at a point before falling over and passing out.

Lake Verian.

It wasn’t that far from the lands the Somersets owned.

Lewis tried to wake her up and her eyes flickered a bit to his. They were gentle and gray but also there seemed to be mischievous hiding in them. "Do all boys look like you naked?" It was probably against her better judgment but she also wanted to know. Anything to make the emotionless assassin react to her.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis was hesitant to let her grab one of his daggers, but she seemed to be walking to the map on his wall. She struggled, but eventually slammed it into place before falling. He quickly moved to check her over. Other than passing out from exerting herself, she seemed unharmed.

Lake Verian. The next clue. A white haired man, and a lake. The shackle had triggered a memory. She had said there were four of them, and she mentioned a lake. Her aversion to water suddenly made a lot more sense. She was shackled at the bottom of a lake, and her curse.,,.

So there are things that even the curse cannot reset. The trauma she had would probably last forever.

Lewis carefully tried to wake her up, and as she came to she uttered complete nonsense.

“W-what do you mean,” Lewis demanded, annoyed that she had to go and mention that damned thing. It didn’t matter, but he also didn’t want to have to deal with it.

“It’s a damned body, how the hell should I know. It looks like any other guy’s.” Lewis stood up suddenly, leaving Simone on the floor.

“Well, it’s not like I can compare you to anyone else,” Simone huffed, giving him an annoyed look. “It’s not like I have a boyfriend. You’re literally the only boy I’ve seen naked.”

Lewis turned red. It didn’t matter. It didn’t fucking matter. “JUST SHUT UP AND GO TO BED.”

Simone

Character Info

Simone stared at him for a minute, “I don’t understand why you are so upset. I can get naked too..” She started to take her robe off and go it almost down her bust before Lewis stopped her.

“YOU NEED TO GO TO BED,” Lewis couldn’t even look at her as he fixed the robes.

She was acting weird now and she went to bed after having more of the tonic. In the morning, Jack brought breakfast. “…The Potion Master wanted me to tell you to be carefu–”

“What’s your name?” Simone was over by the door with her giant robe that was falling off her shoulder.

“Jack…” He was looking at the weird girl with big gray eyes. His face was flushing as he looked her over.

“Can you get naked? Because Lewis won’t answer me if all boys look the same naked,” Simone puffed up her face and Jack was bright red.

“THE POTION MASTER WANTED ME TO TELL YOU THERE ARE SIDE EFFECTS TO THE TONIC. THIS IS ONE OF THEM.” He hadn’t realized how bad it was. “You have to detox her with this.” He had a vial. “After the hex is broken you have to detox her!” He left the food and ran away.

“Huh… Boys are dumb.” Simone went over and slumped over on the couch sleepily. She had been a lot more tired since she started taking the tonic a lot more.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis slammed the door shut behind Jack, and locked it. “No one comes in or goes out until this damned side effect bullshit it taken care of.” First, he destroyed the hex totems. That was easy enough to handle. Next was getting her to detox. He mixed the new medicine in with tea, and helped her start to drink it.

There was a loud, pounding sound as someone knocked on the door.

Shit. Lewis looked to the door. “This isn’t a good time, can we-”

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DEMANDED I CLEAR MY MORNING FOR THIS LEWIS DUSK! YOU OPEN THIS DAMNED DOOR NOW!” A voice called out.

“Fuck,” Lewis replied. He got up, and opened the door. “Fine. But as a warning, your subject today is experiencing severe side effects from a sleeping potion, so I can’t guarantee how well she’ll act.”

“Oh please…I can handle just about anything,” he said as he pushed past Lewis. “All right, missy. Let’s get your measurements…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone was up as she stood still for the tailor. “This robe is way too big for measuring.”

“That’s fine.” Simone slipped it off and turned around so Lewis couldn’t see.

“She doesn’t have a lot to work with…” The tailor said it as a matter of fact under his breath.

“What’s that mean?” Simone was curious.

“It means your flat-chested… and your ass is small,” Lewis said lazily.

Simone was quiet for a minute. “Excuse me for a moment…” She gave the tailor a smile before she started picking up the small furniture and hurling them at Lewis. “For all the dumb stupid shit you gave me for seeing you naked. You have the god damn audacity to call me flat-chested?!” She was seeing red.

She was raising all sorts of hell before she let the tailor finish. He was laughing his ass off at the small girl. “I’ll have some dresses made and sent up as soon as possible. Word of advice, don’t call girls flat-chested they don’t like it.”

Simone puffed up her face at Lewis and nodded. “Not that you would know what to do with it anyway!” She pulled the robes around her and stomped upstairs as the tailor left. "You fucking asshole!" She yelled down and slammed the door.