Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Predators and Prey
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis walked at a steady pace towards the City of Kurayo, her new friend Vinsue a few paces ahead and leading the way. She had been lost in thought as usual - this time preening about her recent mastery of a fireball attack - that the young druid had only just noticed the utter darkness cloaking the city ahead like a pocket of night displaced in time. It was quite striking compared to the jovial sun shining down on the fields and plains surrounding the two travellers and Synthesis was so shocked by it that she wondered if she were hallucinating. She stumbled in her step and came to an abrupt halt. She blinked, shook her head, looked away and looked back. It was still there. She berrated herself for being so lost in thought that such an alarming detail should creep up on her. Only after a little longer standing and staring like an idiot could Synthesis bring herself to speak.
"Vinsue," she called to the woman still walking on ahead of her. She sounded most calm as she purposefully breathed and analysed what she was seeing and doing logically. Had Vinsue not noticed either? "Please tell me that you see what I see. Tell me I haven't completely lost it. It's night time over there, isn't it?!"

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
"yes i see the darkness clocking the city." she said as she turned to look at the girl. "but it will be ok. thing of danger to humans tired not to live in those types of homes. and besides you got me and a new trick." She said and started walking again. 

she knew not to show fear as she walked into the city and its quite full streats. seeing the blood lines down one guys face told her why this place gave her a threatened filling. She let the girl catch up and wrapped her arm around her as if she was her child. "It will be alright just do not show your feelings hear." she whispered.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
At first Synthesis hung back a little out of trepedition. She may not have been a creature with extraordinary perception but her gut did tell her this wasn't a good place to be. She could see little from the oitside and the unknown was frightening. On the other hand, Vinsue's words were comforting and the dragon's air of confidence was contagious. Once they crossed the threasold into the shadows, she was able to see much better and she noted their surroundings with a fearful curiosity. She noted that the streets were actually bustling with people and activity, there were lanterns hanging all over the place and there were the usual shops and maket stalls present that you might find in any other town. The city seemed almost normal.

The strange thing was the people occupying it; the way they looked, acted and interacted. Most of them looked more than a little rough. One man had blood on his face, another seemed to be sporting a broken arm and it was common to see men and woman with missing teeth, scratches, smears of grime and mud. Those that weren't wounded either seemed to be eagerly looking for a fight or desperately trying to avoid one. There seemed to be an unspoken heirachy here even though no one seemed relaxed or at ease, heightening the druid own discomfort so she quickened her step to catch up to Vinsue.

As she made it, she was surprised to feel a reasurring arm wrap around her sholders and gentle advice whispered into her ear. She nodded and tried to think more cheerfully. She thought of how powerful Vinsue had appeared in her dragon form and smiled. No one would dare trouble them if they saw that.
She then noticed a very finely dressed gentleman with a prim woman on his arm. Everyone seemed to shy away from his cold gaze, including the most hostile looking of brutes. She heard him mumuring to a shopkeeper only a few feet away from them.

"My wife finds herself in need of an afternoon snack before supper," he said firmly, "The silly woman that she is, she refused to finish off her lunch. She said she liked him too much! He was only a homeless begger. Such foolishness! You will find someone clean for her consumption immediately." The shopkeeper could be seen nodding frantically and then disappearing into his shop.

Synthesis was too shocked to be afraid this time. Could this place get any more perilous? It seemed almost as though some being of great power had constucted this place specifically to test the bounds of her disbelief. She turned to Vinsue with wide eyes. "Did you hear that?" She whispered incredulously and with growing worry, both for her sanity and safety.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue heard what the man had said and was quick to keep them going. "Yes i heard, just do me a favor and do not stare. many here seemed like they would gladly rip one up for less of an offence." she stated keeping her eyes level and a do not mess with me attitude on her face and in her walk. the girl was only gitting more scared and she knew that was dangerous. 

She knew that they needed to find the harbor and she hopped that she would not need to fight to get there. they did not get far before some men in a small group chose them to be there snack. "Well what do we have here?" one said. "Looks like a couple of strangers and neither one look like they belong." she let her teeth turn sharp like the ones she would have in her true form. "You might want to rethink your actions boys before some poor fellow ends up scrubbing your blood off the streets" she said as she looked at them and then showed off her teeth. They were quick to back down and leave.

She let her teeth turn human again. and got the girl to start walking again as she walked beside her. "Predators also are quick to figure out who is boss and who they are boss to." she was glad that the others where vampires and werewolves for they are less likely to try her once she shows a bit of her stadouse. 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis walked steadily next to Vinsue and kept her eyes obediently ahead. When a group of thugs tried to circle them, her heart skipped a beat but it was the sight of Vinsue in her human form with dragon teeth that truely sent shivers down her spine. It was a truly vicious looking combination. The men wisely backed away and Synthesis chuckled at Vinsue's self assured comment. She really was boss.
A couple more minutes of walking and the harbour came into view. Between them and the boats however was a strange group of humans and wolves lounging around the cobbled like they owned the place. They probably did own the place. Her suspicians were concerned when a ragged looking female came sauntering over. She had glowing yellow eyes and a wicked grin.
"This port is the territory of my pack," she said, "You must pay in silver or quality meat if you wish to pass through."

Vinsue

Character Info
They could see the harberd and the masts of some of the ships when she noticed the woman and her pack. she had to be their leader by the way she acted and the rest seemed unconcerned. "How much." she asked knowing a few coins would do better than a fight. she said 100 silver and Vinsue almost laughed. they were shooting high. "we do not have half that. but i must say that your pack looks bored. how about a simple game instead. me against 2 of you if i win we get to access the port without problem you win we leave the way we came." she suggested then watched as the woman thought about it. 

She knew she could win and she knew that they would likely cheat but she did not worry. she could handle a wolf pack easily. she was letting her teeth turn back and let her claws grow in as she waighted. she was not going to use magic unless it came to last resort. one surge of energy could easily take them all out but she wanted it to be a more challenging fight. and did not want to tick off more than she had to. than she remembered the girl.

she knew that this may give her nightmares course this town in all would easily do that. She felt a bit bad for the girl but this was going to happen. "fine but you lose we get the kid." the woman said.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis looked on in facination as Vinsue haggled out a game with the woman. She was beginning to realise that with a dragon she had little to fear and wondered if a whole pack of wolves would actually be able to take her companion on. Regardless of logic and reason, however, Synthesis couldn't help starting when the woman threw her into the bargin like she was a mere comodity. She felt a little insulted.
"If I'm being gambled," she said bravely, "Then I get to help Vinsue in the fight."
The woman laughed at the foolishness of the small girl to think she had any chance of competeing with them but at the same time respected her nerve. She turned her glinting eyes onto the girl. "Are you a healer, little girl, or a figher? What do you say to three of us against the two of you." she countered, "and I must say you look delicious!" She licked her lips disgustingly.
Synthesis quailed. This new deal seemed far worse than the one before. Now Vinsue had to deal with three wolves. But it was too late to back out now. She felt terrible for her pride getting them into this. "Fine," she squeaked, untying her bag from her hip and  throwing it against a wall. Then she shifted her staff from one hand to the other. She was determined she was going to make herself useful in this, "I'm a healer. But I'm going to use magic and melee to fight as best I can." She wondered whether it was a good idea to announce her magical capability.
"Alright…" the woman snarled and dropped into a crouch, "Let's begin!"
Then next thing Synthesis knew, the woman was a large drooling wolf. It threw itself at the druid so she stumbled back out of the way but not before she sustained three nasty scratched on her upper arm from the creature's giant claws. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see two dark shaped flying towards Vinsue. In complete panic, Synthesis lashed out with her stick, which the animal before her easily dodged, but this gave her the time to form a small ball of fire in her palm. As the wolf threw itself towards her again, she threw the fire blindly forwards and watched in horror and pleasure as it fell to the floor whining. Synthesis had to resist the urge to try and heal it once her normal instincts of kindness replaced her innate desire to survive. Instead she turned, panting heavily, to see how Vinsue was doing and if she needed any assistence…

Vinsue

Character Info
She looked at the girl almost shocked at how she responded. she needed no help and now she would be in danger. but that was her idea and Vinsue could not change it. two of the others got up and came over as they started to talk. once the girl said deal the three turned. the woman had her eyes on the girl and the others came for vinsue. she shot a jolt of electricity at the one so she could start with a one on one. the other pounced onto her sinding her to her back. she was quick to push the wolf off and bite its ear. a wine could be heard as she than closed at its stomach.

It found a way to get lose and they circled. it pounched and missed as she side stepped and then she jumped on its back and bit at its neck. before long it was down and limping away. She smiled a wide toothy grin at the other wolf that was now ready to attack. she allowed her form to take a more dog like one as she pounced on her new threat. it turned into a claw and teeth mach. after a while of rolling about the second wolf ran off winning with its tail between its legs. she returned to her full human state and looked at the girl and her attacker. 

she stated a spell that would heal the many scratches she had gotten and knew she was covered in drying crimson. "You ok Syn" she said as she took the hilling to her hands and touched the claw marks on her arm. it would heal her if she let it. "We need to go before the ships leave." 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis turned to see that Vinsue needded no help at all. She had taken down two opponents in the time it had taken the smaller girl to deal with one and, although she was covered in blood, the cuts littering her whole body were beginning to melt away. It was quite strange to watch. What was even stranger was her half beast form that seemed to be shifting away before her very eyes. The druid nodded shakily when Vinsue asked if she was okay and even smiled through her pain at hearing her old nickname for the first time since leaving home. Then felt felt a great relief wash over her as the dragon moved to heal the three gashes on her arm with some sort of light in her hand, which was now back to normal. The gashes dissapeared.
Vinsue sagely pointed out that they needed to get to the boats but before they left Synthesis looked to the wolf she had beaten. "Do you want me to heal you?" She asked gingerly.
The woman snarled half-heartedly. "Never! I have no wish to owe such a pathetic being as you! Are you so weak that you cannot stand to see your enemies suffer? Even I would choose to keep this pain so that I learn and never underestimate magic again. If I can stand to expirience it, what does that say about you if you cannot even stand look on?" Then her voice took on a softer tone. "Besides, my pack will tend to me. Pass through now, and please don't ever come back."
So Synthesis went to pick up her bag and began walking slowly, weaving in and out of the men, women and wolves lying on the cobbles. Only two boats were attached to the harbour. A hardened looking sailor looked up from reading a warn book. He seemed surprised at the prospect of customers, seeing as the wolf pack usually kept them away. Synthesis realised it was probably a good thing they hadn't paid the wolves because they would need every penny to pay the boat fee. She looked pack to check if Vinsue was behind her and gave a weak smile. She hoped Vinsue knew what the standard price for this sort of thing was because she didn't.

Vinsue

Character Info
"Actually she is quite smart. have a alpha of a wolf pack indebted to her and she would have little trouble if she needed you all. smart if you ask me." she said than followed the girl past the many members of the pack. 

the captain of the ship looked like a tough cookie and it took much debate on a price but once they both agreed on a price she paid and they boarded the ship. 40 coins it took but she was ok with the price saying she usually payed that for herself not for 2. "You're a good bit smarter than they think do not let her angered words get to you." the ship only had 2 masts but it was a faster model it should not take two long to get to the mainland. 

she was quick to find the sleeping coders and get in a top hamic. before too long she would be asleep. "take a nap it will be a few hours before we get to the mane shore. and likely you will want all your strength for when we get to our destination."