Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

(ooc) thread jumps and continues here)

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"I would say you're most likely right. I would swich back but im a bit too tired and worn for that im afraid. maybe after a meal and some rest i would be able to again but for now im keeping my wings." She said then started to walk through the trees. it felt like fall as the trees had yellow and orange coloring and the flowers look like those that bloomed only in fall.  

She walked slowly through the trees looking for some type of food. it had been a while since she had last eaten. She eventually stopped yawned and curled into a ball. Soon to sleep. She did not have the energy to make it two the lake and had not eaten enough that day to keep up with the energy she had used. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:31 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis managed to flap her wings and get herself stable quite quickly now and listened sagely as Vinsue assessed her attempt. She found it hard to belief she could go any steeper or faster than she had just then, but took the advice on board nonetheless. As the dragon swooped to land, she gratefully did the same, though at a lower speed and with a lot more care. She was sure she would try again at some point, but decided that for now she was quite happy to rest on solid ground.
"So, have you any idea where we are?" She asked, sitting down heavily on the sandy beach, "I suppose mainland Parvpora, opposite Jasumin lake?"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:05 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

she said to let go so she did and then answered her question. "You needed more speed and a deeper dive and then i think you would have done it. i must say i am impressed that you attempted it in the first place." she said. "Next time do not panic if you end up flipped just fill the air and shift your weight to one side than stretch your wings." she said she learned that the hard way after getting to excited when she was still new to the air. she had almost hit the ground that time. she again dived and spread her wings not far above the ground and pulled up just enough to land on the beach.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:57 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis couldn't fold her wings quickly enough when she realised that Vinsue was there and she almost cried with relief when she was finally safe in the dragon's claw. As she proccessed what had just happened she was amazed at herself for even attempting such a feat. In that sense, she could certainly be proud of herself. Once they had been flying in a straight line for a while, she felt confident enough to speak.
"Yeah, you can let go now," she said, through her voice betrayed how shaken she was, "Thank you so much! That was terrifying… But I did a good dive, don't you think, even if my loop didn't go so well? Speaking of which, what did I do wrong with that loop? I copied what I saw you do."

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

she watched as she folded her wings and fell than attempted to do a loop. The panic was almost funny tell it was obvious the girl had no clue what to do. She dived So she could help. first thing was getting the girl to stop spinning. "Fold your wings." She said in a command as she was timing the spinning soon she was lower than the girl twisted and grabbed the girl. once she was again right side up she started flapping and gained altitude. than head on course. "Think your ok to fly again if i let you go?" She asked holding her with one foreleg. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:31 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis watched in awe as the draon looped and dived. It was true that the girl had tried neither of these tricks before because she had always been afraid. Diving meant that you had to allow yourself to fall without using your wings to slow down and looping meant you had to gain enough momentum to be able to turn upside down, all the while trying not to be sick. But she did so want to be able to do something like that.
"Okay," she called, her voice wobbling with anxiety, "But you must catch me if I fall too far."
So with her heart pounding she allowed herself to tilt headfirst towards the earth and pulled her wings closer to her body like she had observed Vinsue do. Almost immediatly her speed seemed to triple, along with her heartrate. Her stomach seemed to be left behind as she rocketed down and in a split second decision she spread her wings as wide as they would go, tilted them so the air would push her up and curved her spine to allow her to loop. Her great speed served her well as she flipped sickeningly in the air. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it all the way around and ended up lying on her back, beating her wings and flailing with such bad coordination that there was no way she wasn't going to fall. She began spinning uncontrollably in the air as a result of her panicked movements, to such an extent she knew she was going to need quite some time to get herself sorted out. The only trouble was that she didn't know how much time she had before she hit the water and or how bad the impact was going to be. It was hard to get an idea of how high you were when you were constantly twisting and racing uncontrollably through the air.
"Vinsue!" the girl screamed, "Catch me!!!"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:31 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

she was glad the girl was holding up well. "There are a lot of tricks to flying if you ever want to learn them i would be more than happy to teach you." she said as the land kept increasing in size. before long she flipped a few times and folded her wings. she fell at a slight angle towards the land for a bit than opened her wings and flapped than turned and hovered as she wached the girl to see if she could do the same.

"That is one of the fastest ways to gain speed if you ever need to out fly something or are in a big rush."

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:43 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis listened and nodded as Vinsue spoke. It was amusing to think that the pirates had been ferrying their most hated enemy without realising it. Looking back, she was pleased to see that the pirates seemed to be on the losing side of a fierce conflict.
"I'm ok at the moment, actually." the girl sounded surprised even to herself as she replied, "I think I may be able to manage quite a while longer without assistence if I can stay behind you like this and the wind continues to be nice."
Fortunately, Vinsue seemed to know where they were going because she had adjusted their direction and seemed to be keeping them on a direct course. It was a little while before Synthesis spotted the land they were aiming for too. She reckoned she could make it there under her own steam at a push but it would be hard. It was a good job Vinsue was there or she would never make it.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"to say im just wanted by them is an extreme understatement. I have caused them much trouble and they want to see me die a slow painful death. as of geting my coin back i will do that at a later time." she said Vinsue looked back every now and then to see how the girl was doing. at first she struggled but she was a quick learner. 

She looked for land and spotted some a long ways off and headed for it. "You holding up well back there." she asked. the air leading them where they needed to go made it easier to hear than one would think. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Soon, Synthesis found that they were going at quite some speed for her and flying higher than she had been in a long, long time. She was unused to these air currents that thier altitude provided but she watched Vinsue closely, copying the way the dragon seemed to use them to her advantage.
"We paid for crossing on a pirate vessel!" Synthesis exclaimed in disbelief over the rushing of the wind before laughing at the sheer amount of trouble that seemed to find them, "You should get your money back! So, you say you're are surprised they didn't attack you. Are you wanted by pirates, then?"
By now Synthesis was surprised to find she was having to do a lot less work than usual as she spread her wings wide and allowed the wind to carry her. Furthermore, as she spotted Vinsue was back in her origional form, she allowed herself to drop behind the other and follow in the slipstream of air her large form created. Having to put so much less effort into the activity, the girl found herself enjoying the feeling of air rushing past her face, making her hair stream behind her and her heart thump with the thrill.
Assuming that they were going to have to fly the rest of the way to the mainland, she decided she would fly for at least a short time longer before burdening Vinsue with her added weight. Unfortunately, as there was no land in sight yet so it was looking like she was going to have to take Vinsue up on that offer.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 AM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

She watched as the girl started flapping her wings and Vinsue soon did the same. "I wish it was that simple." once in the air she started flying away from the ship and towards the clouds knowing that the winds could make flight a lot easier. "We chose the wrong ship. we chose a pirate's vessel and by the looks of it a vessel that is about to be attacked and more likely sunk. I usually would fight against the pirates but this is not our fight and this would be hard to explain later." She let the girl set the speed as they flew. 

after the ship was a good ways off she switched to her true form and slowed her flapping. "I'm surprised that the captain did not try to chain me up or if he knew who i was to begin with."

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 AM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"Right!" the girl called over the commotion, "Don't worry about me. I can fly just fine… for a little while at least." she was pleased at how confident she sounded, despite her confusion and displeasure at having to use her wings. It was a good job she'd just got all the rest she had because it was looking like she was going to need quite a lot of energy in the foreseeable future. She had heard what the captain had said and spotted the other boat but didn't really understand what was going on. She hadn't thought they were carrying much valuable cargo, but then again, she hadn't thought to ask, "So, Vinsue, are we being attacked by pirates or something?"
She pulled out her wings as she spoke and flapped them until she was suspended a little in the air. As usual, she was wobbly at first but would soon get the hang of it. Thankfully, one never forgot how to fly else she would be reteaching herself every time she tried.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:10 AM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

She was glad that the girl was awake do to some other circumstances besides her coughing. "No need to fret about my coughing I just swallowed a bug was all." she said hoping to bring the worry from the girl. "and poisoned air would have me puffing smoke as to keep the air clean in my lungs." she noticed all the beds were empty and wondered why usually half the crew was up in the day and half at night.

She was also quick to notice the worry in the girl's face. "Do not worry im here and will not let you get hurt. I just had an odd dream and wanted to see how much was my imagination and how much was a warning from the pyramid." She said as they came above deck. the crew was rushing about as the captain was shouting orders. she was quick to look for land or other vesicles. seeing none she approached the captain. "whats going on?" She asked. the man pointed towards the bow of the ship. "We got company and they aren't to happy to see us." he said. she nodded as to show she understood than noticed the flag being changed. the flag itself confirmed her suspicions.

She than walked towards the back of the ship after the captain walked off and started shouting orders. she allowed her wings to start forming as she looked over the water. "Syn I know you said your not the best flyer but can you fly with me for a bit. onec out of the ship's site i'll turn to my full self and let you ride. but we need to leave as soon as we can." She said wanting to get off the pirate ship asap.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:23 AM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis was a little startled by the sudden coughing from above her and was about to ask if Vinsue needed assistence when the dragon seemed to bring her lungs under control and her head could be seen peering over the top of the hammock to apolygise for waking her.
"Not at all!" she said jovially, "I was awake already."
But Vinsue still didn't look very happy as she hopped onto her feet and regained her balance. She told the girl to come with her as she needed to speak to the captain. She also requested that Synthesis obey her no matter what. Alarm bells rang loudly in the mind of the druid. This was the behavour of someone very must concerned about something. She grabbed her things and tied her bag to her waist. She kept her staff in her hand, however, and used it to help her balance as she followed the dragon. As they navigated thier way through the ship, Synthesis became more and more worried herself.
"I'm afraid I won't make promises I may not be able to keep, but I'll do as you say if I can. What's going on here. Is this to do with your coughing? Is this ship full of poisonous air or something?"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:55 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

not long vinsue awoke choking. but quickly got over it and had normal breathing again. she leaned over the side of the hammock and noticed the girl was awake. "Sarry if I awoke you." she said than jumped out of her resting area and onto the ground. after the dream she had there was a bit of questans she had to ask but she was not leaving the girl alone to ask them. "Come i need to ask the captain some things. and no matter what i say up there please do it." She hoped her dreams were just that but feared that they were something else.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis noticed that Vinsue was beginning to speak quieter and slower as she went on, like she was drifting off into the land of dreams, and so she didn't bother to reply when thedragon had finished speaking. It was nice to hear that she had had some support in her youth and Synthesis quickly relaxed into the dip of her swinging fabric. In no time she could hear the even breathing denoting sleep from above her.
She allowed her own eyes to slip closed. It had been a tireing day.
The next thing she knew, she was dreaming of trees whispering horrors and wolves snarling fiercly. They seemed to close in on her, circling. Even the threes moved. A little way away Vinsue was being similarly ensnared. But then the trees fell silent, the wolves melted into humans lying on the floor and Vinsue grew into a fierce dragon and launched herself into the sky. The wolves all stared up at the druid coldly, and yet there seemed a definite respect in their eyes. Blood began to pool around many of them but they seemed uncaring. She leaned down and healed them to which they seemed to care neither. She touched one and they stared impassivly at her finger. They breathed so they lived and yet they seemed as passive and careless as dolls. Surely that wasn't normal for lyncanthropes.
Then she blinked stiff eyes open. It had been a dream. It had not even been particularly scary and yet it left her feeling mysteriously unsettled. It seemed to have no understandable meaning at all. Vinsue could still be heard breathing softly above her. Synthesis was relaxed and rested but felt to urge to get up at all. She resolved to doze until the other woke up. She had no idea how long that would be or even how long she had slept. Perhaps they were nearly at their destination.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"The one could fly. he was a ace flyer. I understood gliding and limb jumping so he had an easier time teaching me and getting me airborne. he taught me of air currents and how to glide and gain speed. truthfully it was fun." She said trying not to think of the previous comment. 

"the other was an ace at magic but could not fly. She taught me just as much and for it im very thankful."
She was quickly falling asleep with the rocking of the hammock. she halfway wondered what else was on the ship but decided it best not to ask or bring it up. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"I know it was probably say for you when he died, but I can't honestly say I feel at all sad for the loss of such scum. Perhaps he and his brother were cut from the same cloth. They sound as though they were made for each other. To kick you out like that is completely unforgivable!"
The boat jolted a little harder than it had before, so the girl surmised that they had left the shelter of ise's shore and were now picking up speed upon open water. She gripped the sides of her hammock for fear of falling out, but she was otherwise becomming accostumed to the movements. She would be quite relaxed right now if it were not for their current topic of conversation.
"As you say, though, let us focus on the positive. It was good that you had friends to help you out and teach you. Could they fly also, or did they teach you through theory and encouragement?" Synthesis was fairly pleased with herself as she picked up on Vinsue's subtle effort to keep things a little lighter and was able to cooperate in steering their dialogue in a brighter, more casual direction. She decided they should probably sleep soon, as the dragon had ealier pointed out, but also concluded that it would be best to talk of nicer things, however breifly, right before entering a state of slumber.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"I was a pampered pet. anything i wanted was mine and every time the master left he brought me back a gift or snack. He wanted me as a weapon. he wanted to be my controller but I was not good enough." she said half disgusted and half angered. "I was growing too slowly, I was flightless. I could not spit flame. he said i was worthless and should die before opening the door and pointing out." she said than lost the emotion in her voice.

"I left and tried to come back a few days later thinking he was just stressed and did not mean what he said. I found him dead at the table. His brother killed him than tried to both blame and kill me" she said than took a breath. She had to calm down a bit wich let to a bit of silence. "But it made me strong. and it helped shape who i am. yes it hurt but i would not change it."

She again went quiet. The past was the past and that was over 180 years ago. she remembered his voice his anger and then his body and the grave she dug for him. "On a brighter note it was because of that i met some travelers that willingly taught me to fly and use fire." she did not like focusing on the negative. even now she looks for the light. though a stupid curse was by far the worse thing that happened to her.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:44 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis was most dismayed to hear of the tradedy that Vinsue had had to live through. To think that anyone could kick her out so heartlessly was terrible. It was truely amazing that she had survived by what she desribed. Sythesis felt like giving whoever did that to her friend a good thrashing, though when Vinsue revealed her age, the girl realised that whoever it was was probably dead now.

"Two hundred years!" Synthesis exclaimed but quickly regained her composure. She should have guessed. The dragon had surprised her enough already. Also, now really wasn't the appropriate time to marvel at her age, considering what the other was talking about, "Sorry…" she mumbled before continuing in a normal, though slightly pained voice, "That sounds really apalling. You deserved so much better. And its amazing that you've done so well for yourself. I'm glad you had friends to help you through, but why were you kicked out, if you don't mind my asking. I'm sure nothing could justify such a cruel act."

Synthesis knew she was in the company of a true heart of gold, someone who had started out just like herself but managed to remain pure of intent throughout so much hardship. Vinsue was strong not just in muscle or power or words, but also in mind and principal, which ultimately was the most inportant thing to the younger girl. The druid felt privilaged to have met the other but also protective in a backwards kind of way. She may be the weaker of the two, but she knew she would do anything to could to spare Vinsue any more trouble in her life.

Right at that moment, Synthesis was especially keen to learn more of this sad story. It didn't make sense to her how the world could have such unfairness within it and she thirsted for some sort of justice or happy ending, despite having the product thus far lying above her. She knew she was being nosy but she couldn't help asking about it all. Then again, she would respect Vinsue's wishes if she wanted to change to subject. She couldn't quite tell if the emotional and psychological wounds remained fresh for the dragon or had healed with the great amount of time passed.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"Guess that's another thing. I only follow the laws that are necessary like do not take what is not your but others i eagerly brake. like i will not bow to some over prepped rich person." She said than thought of her youth. "At 16 i was about the size of a full grown dog and was kicked out of the house that raised me. I had no clue how to hunt anything bigger than a rat and had no knowledge on flying or using my element." She stated remembering the stomach pain and sorrow at her owners death. "It was rough to learn survival and friends are the only reason i made it. I was shy and believed that anyone could kill me. yet if a friend was in danger i proved more than my worth." She said.

"I can honestly say i have changed a lot in almost 200 years."

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis wasn't really all that worried about where they were going to dock, so long as they weren't on the water for too long. Four hours sounded very reasonable to her. It was just long enough time for a rejuvinating sleep but not so long that she would get bored. A couple weeks, however, was a bit too much for Synthesis and she was woken abruptly from her haze of relaxation at the suggestion of it. She had been on a voyage of similar proportion when she had undertaken the trip from Canelux to Parvpora and it had been horrible. She had grown sick of the movement of the boat after a couple days and the claustrophobic feeling from being cramped inside its confines had eventually driven her to willingly fly just to get away for a bit. The druid usually hated the effort that came with using her wings so it went to show the extent of her discomfort on board.

Vinsue carried on unawares of the concern of the girl bellow her. She spoke of a successive trip to Canelux, but this time by airship. Synthesis had never seen an airship before, except perhaps in the distance. She was curious and hopeful that maybe it was a quicker mode of transport. She was going to ask about it but then Vinsue mentioned something interesting - her hatchling years. If she were a dog, Synthesis' ears would have pricked up.

The dragon said again about her strength and Synthesis felt a warm glow in her chest at the praise. She might not believe it but she did appreciate that Vinsue thought well of her. The other also said about her blood lines and how they were feared to which the hybrid nodded seriously. Her parents had told her much about her races of origin, including their reputations. When the dragon spoke of her shy nature and her desire to help people, the girl continued to nod, despite the fact she could not be seen directly beneath her companion.

"I suppose I've always taken after my father in many ways." she mused, "He's the angel of my parents, by the way. He's a pacifist and a peacemaker, who always wanted to help others. I guess a few people could have called him a coward as well because he's so quiet and mouse-ish nature. I'm thankful to say he isn't as sanctimonious as many in our race, though, and he broke a few laws when he went off with my mother." Synthesis smiled at the thought, "I've never put much stoke in laws myself because they're always made by rich people who care little for the common man. But that's about the extent of my rebellion. Other than that, I'm really quite meek…" she paused, "Tell me, Vinsue, what were your hatchling years like? How do I remind you of them?"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

She smiled at the girl as she did the little thank you and changed the subject. "Captan said that he would go to the mainland but that's about all i know. if it's the closest port it will be about 4 hours if everything goes right. at most it will be a couple weeks to a further port under perfect conditions." She said than thought for a second. "I'll likely catch an air ship to a city on the sister continent than go home. so i can properly place the idioms where i would like them" She swayed in the hammock for a bit hoping the girl would not mind a random ship taking than to an unknown port. The options were slim and they already payed the fee. 

"You know you remind me of my hatchling years." she stated. "You are stronger than you know and though you come from feared blood lines you are shy and want to avoid a fight or help your friends" She said then remembered when life was so simple yet survival was so hard. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis was grateful to Vinsue for sticking up for her. The woman's words had stung because on some level, the girl believed them to be true. She knew she was softer than many of the people she met on her travels and had been brought up in a very sheltered way. It hadn't even occurred to her that she might have been speaking to the alpha of the pack before so she wasn't sure if she would classify herself as smart. But she was learning and determined to improve. Indeed, there would once have been a time when such cruel words would have made her cry. Now, instead, she was only subdued and introspective as she tried not to let her emotions get the better of her.
Once on the boat, she silently followed Vinsue to the sleeping quaters and dumped her things in preparation to sleep before struggling into the hammock bellow the dragon. It swung gently even before the boat began to move and Synthesis wasn't quite sure weather she felt sickened or lulled by the swaying of the craft. In the end she decided it was both.
"Vinsue…" she ventured after a while before pausing, "Thank you. You're so nice to me. It meant a lot when you spoke up for me back there with the wolves," She had spoken slowly and with hesitation up till now but then suddenly rushed on to change the subject so it wouldn't seem too awkward, "Do you know where this boat is going to dock or land when we arrive? Have you got any plans for where you want go next?"
Synthesis certainly had no plans. She was a leaf in the wind, blowing this way and that, wherever fate saw fit to take her.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"Actually she is quite smart. have a alpha of a wolf pack indebted to her and she would have little trouble if she needed you all. smart if you ask me." she said than followed the girl past the many members of the pack. 

the captain of the ship looked like a tough cookie and it took much debate on a price but once they both agreed on a price she paid and they boarded the ship. 40 coins it took but she was ok with the price saying she usually payed that for herself not for 2. "You're a good bit smarter than they think do not let her angered words get to you." the ship only had 2 masts but it was a faster model it should not take two long to get to the mainland. 

she was quick to find the sleeping coders and get in a top hamic. before too long she would be asleep. "take a nap it will be a few hours before we get to the mane shore. and likely you will want all your strength for when we get to our destination."

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:13 AM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis turned to see that Vinsue needded no help at all. She had taken down two opponents in the time it had taken the smaller girl to deal with one and, although she was covered in blood, the cuts littering her whole body were beginning to melt away. It was quite strange to watch. What was even stranger was her half beast form that seemed to be shifting away before her very eyes. The druid nodded shakily when Vinsue asked if she was okay and even smiled through her pain at hearing her old nickname for the first time since leaving home. Then felt felt a great relief wash over her as the dragon moved to heal the three gashes on her arm with some sort of light in her hand, which was now back to normal. The gashes dissapeared.
Vinsue sagely pointed out that they needed to get to the boats but before they left Synthesis looked to the wolf she had beaten. "Do you want me to heal you?" She asked gingerly.
The woman snarled half-heartedly. "Never! I have no wish to owe such a pathetic being as you! Are you so weak that you cannot stand to see your enemies suffer? Even I would choose to keep this pain so that I learn and never underestimate magic again. If I can stand to expirience it, what does that say about you if you cannot even stand look on?" Then her voice took on a softer tone. "Besides, my pack will tend to me. Pass through now, and please don't ever come back."
So Synthesis went to pick up her bag and began walking slowly, weaving in and out of the men, women and wolves lying on the cobbles. Only two boats were attached to the harbour. A hardened looking sailor looked up from reading a warn book. He seemed surprised at the prospect of customers, seeing as the wolf pack usually kept them away. Synthesis realised it was probably a good thing they hadn't paid the wolves because they would need every penny to pay the boat fee. She looked pack to check if Vinsue was behind her and gave a weak smile. She hoped Vinsue knew what the standard price for this sort of thing was because she didn't.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:35 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

She looked at the girl almost shocked at how she responded. she needed no help and now she would be in danger. but that was her idea and Vinsue could not change it. two of the others got up and came over as they started to talk. once the girl said deal the three turned. the woman had her eyes on the girl and the others came for vinsue. she shot a jolt of electricity at the one so she could start with a one on one. the other pounced onto her sinding her to her back. she was quick to push the wolf off and bite its ear. a wine could be heard as she than closed at its stomach.

It found a way to get lose and they circled. it pounched and missed as she side stepped and then she jumped on its back and bit at its neck. before long it was down and limping away. She smiled a wide toothy grin at the other wolf that was now ready to attack. she allowed her form to take a more dog like one as she pounced on her new threat. it turned into a claw and teeth mach. after a while of rolling about the second wolf ran off winning with its tail between its legs. she returned to her full human state and looked at the girl and her attacker. 

she stated a spell that would heal the many scratches she had gotten and knew she was covered in drying crimson. "You ok Syn" she said as she took the hilling to her hands and touched the claw marks on her arm. it would heal her if she let it. "We need to go before the ships leave." 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis looked on in facination as Vinsue haggled out a game with the woman. She was beginning to realise that with a dragon she had little to fear and wondered if a whole pack of wolves would actually be able to take her companion on. Regardless of logic and reason, however, Synthesis couldn't help starting when the woman threw her into the bargin like she was a mere comodity. She felt a little insulted.
"If I'm being gambled," she said bravely, "Then I get to help Vinsue in the fight."
The woman laughed at the foolishness of the small girl to think she had any chance of competeing with them but at the same time respected her nerve. She turned her glinting eyes onto the girl. "Are you a healer, little girl, or a figher? What do you say to three of us against the two of you." she countered, "and I must say you look delicious!" She licked her lips disgustingly.
Synthesis quailed. This new deal seemed far worse than the one before. Now Vinsue had to deal with three wolves. But it was too late to back out now. She felt terrible for her pride getting them into this. "Fine," she squeaked, untying her bag from her hip and  throwing it against a wall. Then she shifted her staff from one hand to the other. She was determined she was going to make herself useful in this, "I'm a healer. But I'm going to use magic and melee to fight as best I can." She wondered whether it was a good idea to announce her magical capability.
"Alright…" the woman snarled and dropped into a crouch, "Let's begin!"
Then next thing Synthesis knew, the woman was a large drooling wolf. It threw itself at the druid so she stumbled back out of the way but not before she sustained three nasty scratched on her upper arm from the creature's giant claws. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see two dark shaped flying towards Vinsue. In complete panic, Synthesis lashed out with her stick, which the animal before her easily dodged, but this gave her the time to form a small ball of fire in her palm. As the wolf threw itself towards her again, she threw the fire blindly forwards and watched in horror and pleasure as it fell to the floor whining. Synthesis had to resist the urge to try and heal it once her normal instincts of kindness replaced her innate desire to survive. Instead she turned, panting heavily, to see how Vinsue was doing and if she needed any assistence…

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

They could see the harberd and the masts of some of the ships when she noticed the woman and her pack. she had to be their leader by the way she acted and the rest seemed unconcerned. "How much." she asked knowing a few coins would do better than a fight. she said 100 silver and Vinsue almost laughed. they were shooting high. "we do not have half that. but i must say that your pack looks bored. how about a simple game instead. me against 2 of you if i win we get to access the port without problem you win we leave the way we came." she suggested then watched as the woman thought about it. 

She knew she could win and she knew that they would likely cheat but she did not worry. she could handle a wolf pack easily. she was letting her teeth turn back and let her claws grow in as she waighted. she was not going to use magic unless it came to last resort. one surge of energy could easily take them all out but she wanted it to be a more challenging fight. and did not want to tick off more than she had to. than she remembered the girl.

she knew that this may give her nightmares course this town in all would easily do that. She felt a bit bad for the girl but this was going to happen. "fine but you lose we get the kid." the woman said.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:21 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis walked steadily next to Vinsue and kept her eyes obediently ahead. When a group of thugs tried to circle them, her heart skipped a beat but it was the sight of Vinsue in her human form with dragon teeth that truely sent shivers down her spine. It was a truly vicious looking combination. The men wisely backed away and Synthesis chuckled at Vinsue's self assured comment. She really was boss.
A couple more minutes of walking and the harbour came into view. Between them and the boats however was a strange group of humans and wolves lounging around the cobbled like they owned the place. They probably did own the place. Her suspicians were concerned when a ragged looking female came sauntering over. She had glowing yellow eyes and a wicked grin.
"This port is the territory of my pack," she said, "You must pay in silver or quality meat if you wish to pass through."

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:06 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Vinsue heard what the man had said and was quick to keep them going. "Yes i heard, just do me a favor and do not stare. many here seemed like they would gladly rip one up for less of an offence." she stated keeping her eyes level and a do not mess with me attitude on her face and in her walk. the girl was only gitting more scared and she knew that was dangerous. 

She knew that they needed to find the harbor and she hopped that she would not need to fight to get there. they did not get far before some men in a small group chose them to be there snack. "Well what do we have here?" one said. "Looks like a couple of strangers and neither one look like they belong." she let her teeth turn sharp like the ones she would have in her true form. "You might want to rethink your actions boys before some poor fellow ends up scrubbing your blood off the streets" she said as she looked at them and then showed off her teeth. They were quick to back down and leave.

She let her teeth turn human again. and got the girl to start walking again as she walked beside her. "Predators also are quick to figure out who is boss and who they are boss to." she was glad that the others where vampires and werewolves for they are less likely to try her once she shows a bit of her stadouse. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:29 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

At first Synthesis hung back a little out of trepedition. She may not have been a creature with extraordinary perception but her gut did tell her this wasn't a good place to be. She could see little from the oitside and the unknown was frightening. On the other hand, Vinsue's words were comforting and the dragon's air of confidence was contagious. Once they crossed the threasold into the shadows, she was able to see much better and she noted their surroundings with a fearful curiosity. She noted that the streets were actually bustling with people and activity, there were lanterns hanging all over the place and there were the usual shops and maket stalls present that you might find in any other town. The city seemed almost normal.

The strange thing was the people occupying it; the way they looked, acted and interacted. Most of them looked more than a little rough. One man had blood on his face, another seemed to be sporting a broken arm and it was common to see men and woman with missing teeth, scratches, smears of grime and mud. Those that weren't wounded either seemed to be eagerly looking for a fight or desperately trying to avoid one. There seemed to be an unspoken heirachy here even though no one seemed relaxed or at ease, heightening the druid own discomfort so she quickened her step to catch up to Vinsue.

As she made it, she was surprised to feel a reasurring arm wrap around her sholders and gentle advice whispered into her ear. She nodded and tried to think more cheerfully. She thought of how powerful Vinsue had appeared in her dragon form and smiled. No one would dare trouble them if they saw that.
She then noticed a very finely dressed gentleman with a prim woman on his arm. Everyone seemed to shy away from his cold gaze, including the most hostile looking of brutes. She heard him mumuring to a shopkeeper only a few feet away from them.

"My wife finds herself in need of an afternoon snack before supper," he said firmly, "The silly woman that she is, she refused to finish off her lunch. She said she liked him too much! He was only a homeless begger. Such foolishness! You will find someone clean for her consumption immediately." The shopkeeper could be seen nodding frantically and then disappearing into his shop.

Synthesis was too shocked to be afraid this time. Could this place get any more perilous? It seemed almost as though some being of great power had constucted this place specifically to test the bounds of her disbelief. She turned to Vinsue with wide eyes. "Did you hear that?" She whispered incredulously and with growing worry, both for her sanity and safety.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

"yes i see the darkness clocking the city." she said as she turned to look at the girl. "but it will be ok. thing of danger to humans tired not to live in those types of homes. and besides you got me and a new trick." She said and started walking again. 

she knew not to show fear as she walked into the city and its quite full streats. seeing the blood lines down one guys face told her why this place gave her a threatened filling. She let the girl catch up and wrapped her arm around her as if she was her child. "It will be alright just do not show your feelings hear." she whispered.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:21 PM, Post Subject: Predators and Prey

Synthesis walked at a steady pace towards the City of Kurayo, her new friend Vinsue a few paces ahead and leading the way. She had been lost in thought as usual - this time preening about her recent mastery of a fireball attack - that the young druid had only just noticed the utter darkness cloaking the city ahead like a pocket of night displaced in time. It was quite striking compared to the jovial sun shining down on the fields and plains surrounding the two travellers and Synthesis was so shocked by it that she wondered if she were hallucinating. She stumbled in her step and came to an abrupt halt. She blinked, shook her head, looked away and looked back. It was still there. She berrated herself for being so lost in thought that such an alarming detail should creep up on her. Only after a little longer standing and staring like an idiot could Synthesis bring herself to speak.
"Vinsue," she called to the woman still walking on ahead of her. She sounded most calm as she purposefully breathed and analysed what she was seeing and doing logically. Had Vinsue not noticed either? "Please tell me that you see what I see. Tell me I haven't completely lost it. It's night time over there, isn't it?!"