Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Predators and Prey
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis was a little startled by the sudden coughing from above her and was about to ask if Vinsue needed assistence when the dragon seemed to bring her lungs under control and her head could be seen peering over the top of the hammock to apolygise for waking her.
"Not at all!" she said jovially, "I was awake already."
But Vinsue still didn't look very happy as she hopped onto her feet and regained her balance. She told the girl to come with her as she needed to speak to the captain. She also requested that Synthesis obey her no matter what. Alarm bells rang loudly in the mind of the druid. This was the behavour of someone very must concerned about something. She grabbed her things and tied her bag to her waist. She kept her staff in her hand, however, and used it to help her balance as she followed the dragon. As they navigated thier way through the ship, Synthesis became more and more worried herself.
"I'm afraid I won't make promises I may not be able to keep, but I'll do as you say if I can. What's going on here. Is this to do with your coughing? Is this ship full of poisonous air or something?"

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
She was glad that the girl was awake do to some other circumstances besides her coughing. "No need to fret about my coughing I just swallowed a bug was all." she said hoping to bring the worry from the girl. "and poisoned air would have me puffing smoke as to keep the air clean in my lungs." she noticed all the beds were empty and wondered why usually half the crew was up in the day and half at night.

She was also quick to notice the worry in the girl's face. "Do not worry im here and will not let you get hurt. I just had an odd dream and wanted to see how much was my imagination and how much was a warning from the pyramid." She said as they came above deck. the crew was rushing about as the captain was shouting orders. she was quick to look for land or other vesicles. seeing none she approached the captain. "whats going on?" She asked. the man pointed towards the bow of the ship. "We got company and they aren't to happy to see us." he said. she nodded as to show she understood than noticed the flag being changed. the flag itself confirmed her suspicions.

She than walked towards the back of the ship after the captain walked off and started shouting orders. she allowed her wings to start forming as she looked over the water. "Syn I know you said your not the best flyer but can you fly with me for a bit. onec out of the ship's site i'll turn to my full self and let you ride. but we need to leave as soon as we can." She said wanting to get off the pirate ship asap.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
"Right!" the girl called over the commotion, "Don't worry about me. I can fly just fine… for a little while at least." she was pleased at how confident she sounded, despite her confusion and displeasure at having to use her wings. It was a good job she'd just got all the rest she had because it was looking like she was going to need quite a lot of energy in the foreseeable future. She had heard what the captain had said and spotted the other boat but didn't really understand what was going on. She hadn't thought they were carrying much valuable cargo, but then again, she hadn't thought to ask, "So, Vinsue, are we being attacked by pirates or something?"
She pulled out her wings as she spoke and flapped them until she was suspended a little in the air. As usual, she was wobbly at first but would soon get the hang of it. Thankfully, one never forgot how to fly else she would be reteaching herself every time she tried.

Vinsue

Character Info
She watched as the girl started flapping her wings and Vinsue soon did the same. "I wish it was that simple." once in the air she started flying away from the ship and towards the clouds knowing that the winds could make flight a lot easier. "We chose the wrong ship. we chose a pirate's vessel and by the looks of it a vessel that is about to be attacked and more likely sunk. I usually would fight against the pirates but this is not our fight and this would be hard to explain later." She let the girl set the speed as they flew. 

after the ship was a good ways off she switched to her true form and slowed her flapping. "I'm surprised that the captain did not try to chain me up or if he knew who i was to begin with."

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Soon, Synthesis found that they were going at quite some speed for her and flying higher than she had been in a long, long time. She was unused to these air currents that thier altitude provided but she watched Vinsue closely, copying the way the dragon seemed to use them to her advantage.
"We paid for crossing on a pirate vessel!" Synthesis exclaimed in disbelief over the rushing of the wind before laughing at the sheer amount of trouble that seemed to find them, "You should get your money back! So, you say you're are surprised they didn't attack you. Are you wanted by pirates, then?"
By now Synthesis was surprised to find she was having to do a lot less work than usual as she spread her wings wide and allowed the wind to carry her. Furthermore, as she spotted Vinsue was back in her origional form, she allowed herself to drop behind the other and follow in the slipstream of air her large form created. Having to put so much less effort into the activity, the girl found herself enjoying the feeling of air rushing past her face, making her hair stream behind her and her heart thump with the thrill.
Assuming that they were going to have to fly the rest of the way to the mainland, she decided she would fly for at least a short time longer before burdening Vinsue with her added weight. Unfortunately, as there was no land in sight yet so it was looking like she was going to have to take Vinsue up on that offer.

Vinsue

Character Info
"to say im just wanted by them is an extreme understatement. I have caused them much trouble and they want to see me die a slow painful death. as of geting my coin back i will do that at a later time." she said Vinsue looked back every now and then to see how the girl was doing. at first she struggled but she was a quick learner. 

She looked for land and spotted some a long ways off and headed for it. "You holding up well back there." she asked. the air leading them where they needed to go made it easier to hear than one would think. 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis listened and nodded as Vinsue spoke. It was amusing to think that the pirates had been ferrying their most hated enemy without realising it. Looking back, she was pleased to see that the pirates seemed to be on the losing side of a fierce conflict.
"I'm ok at the moment, actually." the girl sounded surprised even to herself as she replied, "I think I may be able to manage quite a while longer without assistence if I can stay behind you like this and the wind continues to be nice."
Fortunately, Vinsue seemed to know where they were going because she had adjusted their direction and seemed to be keeping them on a direct course. It was a little while before Synthesis spotted the land they were aiming for too. She reckoned she could make it there under her own steam at a push but it would be hard. It was a good job Vinsue was there or she would never make it.

Vinsue

Character Info
she was glad the girl was holding up well. "There are a lot of tricks to flying if you ever want to learn them i would be more than happy to teach you." she said as the land kept increasing in size. before long she flipped a few times and folded her wings. she fell at a slight angle towards the land for a bit than opened her wings and flapped than turned and hovered as she wached the girl to see if she could do the same.

"That is one of the fastest ways to gain speed if you ever need to out fly something or are in a big rush."

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis watched in awe as the draon looped and dived. It was true that the girl had tried neither of these tricks before because she had always been afraid. Diving meant that you had to allow yourself to fall without using your wings to slow down and looping meant you had to gain enough momentum to be able to turn upside down, all the while trying not to be sick. But she did so want to be able to do something like that.
"Okay," she called, her voice wobbling with anxiety, "But you must catch me if I fall too far."
So with her heart pounding she allowed herself to tilt headfirst towards the earth and pulled her wings closer to her body like she had observed Vinsue do. Almost immediatly her speed seemed to triple, along with her heartrate. Her stomach seemed to be left behind as she rocketed down and in a split second decision she spread her wings as wide as they would go, tilted them so the air would push her up and curved her spine to allow her to loop. Her great speed served her well as she flipped sickeningly in the air. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it all the way around and ended up lying on her back, beating her wings and flailing with such bad coordination that there was no way she wasn't going to fall. She began spinning uncontrollably in the air as a result of her panicked movements, to such an extent she knew she was going to need quite some time to get herself sorted out. The only trouble was that she didn't know how much time she had before she hit the water and or how bad the impact was going to be. It was hard to get an idea of how high you were when you were constantly twisting and racing uncontrollably through the air.
"Vinsue!" the girl screamed, "Catch me!!!"

Vinsue

Character Info
she watched as she folded her wings and fell than attempted to do a loop. The panic was almost funny tell it was obvious the girl had no clue what to do. She dived So she could help. first thing was getting the girl to stop spinning. "Fold your wings." She said in a command as she was timing the spinning soon she was lower than the girl twisted and grabbed the girl. once she was again right side up she started flapping and gained altitude. than head on course. "Think your ok to fly again if i let you go?" She asked holding her with one foreleg.