Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Predators and Prey
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis was grateful to Vinsue for sticking up for her. The woman's words had stung because on some level, the girl believed them to be true. She knew she was softer than many of the people she met on her travels and had been brought up in a very sheltered way. It hadn't even occurred to her that she might have been speaking to the alpha of the pack before so she wasn't sure if she would classify herself as smart. But she was learning and determined to improve. Indeed, there would once have been a time when such cruel words would have made her cry. Now, instead, she was only subdued and introspective as she tried not to let her emotions get the better of her.
Once on the boat, she silently followed Vinsue to the sleeping quaters and dumped her things in preparation to sleep before struggling into the hammock bellow the dragon. It swung gently even before the boat began to move and Synthesis wasn't quite sure weather she felt sickened or lulled by the swaying of the craft. In the end she decided it was both.
"Vinsue…" she ventured after a while before pausing, "Thank you. You're so nice to me. It meant a lot when you spoke up for me back there with the wolves," She had spoken slowly and with hesitation up till now but then suddenly rushed on to change the subject so it wouldn't seem too awkward, "Do you know where this boat is going to dock or land when we arrive? Have you got any plans for where you want go next?"
Synthesis certainly had no plans. She was a leaf in the wind, blowing this way and that, wherever fate saw fit to take her.

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
She smiled at the girl as she did the little thank you and changed the subject. "Captan said that he would go to the mainland but that's about all i know. if it's the closest port it will be about 4 hours if everything goes right. at most it will be a couple weeks to a further port under perfect conditions." She said than thought for a second. "I'll likely catch an air ship to a city on the sister continent than go home. so i can properly place the idioms where i would like them" She swayed in the hammock for a bit hoping the girl would not mind a random ship taking than to an unknown port. The options were slim and they already payed the fee. 

"You know you remind me of my hatchling years." she stated. "You are stronger than you know and though you come from feared blood lines you are shy and want to avoid a fight or help your friends" She said then remembered when life was so simple yet survival was so hard. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis wasn't really all that worried about where they were going to dock, so long as they weren't on the water for too long. Four hours sounded very reasonable to her. It was just long enough time for a rejuvinating sleep but not so long that she would get bored. A couple weeks, however, was a bit too much for Synthesis and she was woken abruptly from her haze of relaxation at the suggestion of it. She had been on a voyage of similar proportion when she had undertaken the trip from Canelux to Parvpora and it had been horrible. She had grown sick of the movement of the boat after a couple days and the claustrophobic feeling from being cramped inside its confines had eventually driven her to willingly fly just to get away for a bit. The druid usually hated the effort that came with using her wings so it went to show the extent of her discomfort on board.

Vinsue carried on unawares of the concern of the girl bellow her. She spoke of a successive trip to Canelux, but this time by airship. Synthesis had never seen an airship before, except perhaps in the distance. She was curious and hopeful that maybe it was a quicker mode of transport. She was going to ask about it but then Vinsue mentioned something interesting - her hatchling years. If she were a dog, Synthesis' ears would have pricked up.

The dragon said again about her strength and Synthesis felt a warm glow in her chest at the praise. She might not believe it but she did appreciate that Vinsue thought well of her. The other also said about her blood lines and how they were feared to which the hybrid nodded seriously. Her parents had told her much about her races of origin, including their reputations. When the dragon spoke of her shy nature and her desire to help people, the girl continued to nod, despite the fact she could not be seen directly beneath her companion.

"I suppose I've always taken after my father in many ways." she mused, "He's the angel of my parents, by the way. He's a pacifist and a peacemaker, who always wanted to help others. I guess a few people could have called him a coward as well because he's so quiet and mouse-ish nature. I'm thankful to say he isn't as sanctimonious as many in our race, though, and he broke a few laws when he went off with my mother." Synthesis smiled at the thought, "I've never put much stoke in laws myself because they're always made by rich people who care little for the common man. But that's about the extent of my rebellion. Other than that, I'm really quite meek…" she paused, "Tell me, Vinsue, what were your hatchling years like? How do I remind you of them?"

Vinsue

Character Info
"Guess that's another thing. I only follow the laws that are necessary like do not take what is not your but others i eagerly brake. like i will not bow to some over prepped rich person." She said than thought of her youth. "At 16 i was about the size of a full grown dog and was kicked out of the house that raised me. I had no clue how to hunt anything bigger than a rat and had no knowledge on flying or using my element." She stated remembering the stomach pain and sorrow at her owners death. "It was rough to learn survival and friends are the only reason i made it. I was shy and believed that anyone could kill me. yet if a friend was in danger i proved more than my worth." She said.

"I can honestly say i have changed a lot in almost 200 years."

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis was most dismayed to hear of the tradedy that Vinsue had had to live through. To think that anyone could kick her out so heartlessly was terrible. It was truely amazing that she had survived by what she desribed. Sythesis felt like giving whoever did that to her friend a good thrashing, though when Vinsue revealed her age, the girl realised that whoever it was was probably dead now.

"Two hundred years!" Synthesis exclaimed but quickly regained her composure. She should have guessed. The dragon had surprised her enough already. Also, now really wasn't the appropriate time to marvel at her age, considering what the other was talking about, "Sorry…" she mumbled before continuing in a normal, though slightly pained voice, "That sounds really apalling. You deserved so much better. And its amazing that you've done so well for yourself. I'm glad you had friends to help you through, but why were you kicked out, if you don't mind my asking. I'm sure nothing could justify such a cruel act."

Synthesis knew she was in the company of a true heart of gold, someone who had started out just like herself but managed to remain pure of intent throughout so much hardship. Vinsue was strong not just in muscle or power or words, but also in mind and principal, which ultimately was the most inportant thing to the younger girl. The druid felt privilaged to have met the other but also protective in a backwards kind of way. She may be the weaker of the two, but she knew she would do anything to could to spare Vinsue any more trouble in her life.

Right at that moment, Synthesis was especially keen to learn more of this sad story. It didn't make sense to her how the world could have such unfairness within it and she thirsted for some sort of justice or happy ending, despite having the product thus far lying above her. She knew she was being nosy but she couldn't help asking about it all. Then again, she would respect Vinsue's wishes if she wanted to change to subject. She couldn't quite tell if the emotional and psychological wounds remained fresh for the dragon or had healed with the great amount of time passed.

Vinsue

Character Info
"I was a pampered pet. anything i wanted was mine and every time the master left he brought me back a gift or snack. He wanted me as a weapon. he wanted to be my controller but I was not good enough." she said half disgusted and half angered. "I was growing too slowly, I was flightless. I could not spit flame. he said i was worthless and should die before opening the door and pointing out." she said than lost the emotion in her voice.

"I left and tried to come back a few days later thinking he was just stressed and did not mean what he said. I found him dead at the table. His brother killed him than tried to both blame and kill me" she said than took a breath. She had to calm down a bit wich let to a bit of silence. "But it made me strong. and it helped shape who i am. yes it hurt but i would not change it."

She again went quiet. The past was the past and that was over 180 years ago. she remembered his voice his anger and then his body and the grave she dug for him. "On a brighter note it was because of that i met some travelers that willingly taught me to fly and use fire." she did not like focusing on the negative. even now she looks for the light. though a stupid curse was by far the worse thing that happened to her.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
"I know it was probably say for you when he died, but I can't honestly say I feel at all sad for the loss of such scum. Perhaps he and his brother were cut from the same cloth. They sound as though they were made for each other. To kick you out like that is completely unforgivable!"
The boat jolted a little harder than it had before, so the girl surmised that they had left the shelter of ise's shore and were now picking up speed upon open water. She gripped the sides of her hammock for fear of falling out, but she was otherwise becomming accostumed to the movements. She would be quite relaxed right now if it were not for their current topic of conversation.
"As you say, though, let us focus on the positive. It was good that you had friends to help you out and teach you. Could they fly also, or did they teach you through theory and encouragement?" Synthesis was fairly pleased with herself as she picked up on Vinsue's subtle effort to keep things a little lighter and was able to cooperate in steering their dialogue in a brighter, more casual direction. She decided they should probably sleep soon, as the dragon had ealier pointed out, but also concluded that it would be best to talk of nicer things, however breifly, right before entering a state of slumber.

Vinsue

Character Info
"The one could fly. he was a ace flyer. I understood gliding and limb jumping so he had an easier time teaching me and getting me airborne. he taught me of air currents and how to glide and gain speed. truthfully it was fun." She said trying not to think of the previous comment. 

"the other was an ace at magic but could not fly. She taught me just as much and for it im very thankful."
She was quickly falling asleep with the rocking of the hammock. she halfway wondered what else was on the ship but decided it best not to ask or bring it up. 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis noticed that Vinsue was beginning to speak quieter and slower as she went on, like she was drifting off into the land of dreams, and so she didn't bother to reply when thedragon had finished speaking. It was nice to hear that she had had some support in her youth and Synthesis quickly relaxed into the dip of her swinging fabric. In no time she could hear the even breathing denoting sleep from above her.
She allowed her own eyes to slip closed. It had been a tireing day.
The next thing she knew, she was dreaming of trees whispering horrors and wolves snarling fiercly. They seemed to close in on her, circling. Even the threes moved. A little way away Vinsue was being similarly ensnared. But then the trees fell silent, the wolves melted into humans lying on the floor and Vinsue grew into a fierce dragon and launched herself into the sky. The wolves all stared up at the druid coldly, and yet there seemed a definite respect in their eyes. Blood began to pool around many of them but they seemed uncaring. She leaned down and healed them to which they seemed to care neither. She touched one and they stared impassivly at her finger. They breathed so they lived and yet they seemed as passive and careless as dolls. Surely that wasn't normal for lyncanthropes.
Then she blinked stiff eyes open. It had been a dream. It had not even been particularly scary and yet it left her feeling mysteriously unsettled. It seemed to have no understandable meaning at all. Vinsue could still be heard breathing softly above her. Synthesis was relaxed and rested but felt to urge to get up at all. She resolved to doze until the other woke up. She had no idea how long that would be or even how long she had slept. Perhaps they were nearly at their destination.

Vinsue

Character Info
not long vinsue awoke choking. but quickly got over it and had normal breathing again. she leaned over the side of the hammock and noticed the girl was awake. "Sarry if I awoke you." she said than jumped out of her resting area and onto the ground. after the dream she had there was a bit of questans she had to ask but she was not leaving the girl alone to ask them. "Come i need to ask the captain some things. and no matter what i say up there please do it." She hoped her dreams were just that but feared that they were something else.