Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > How the tables have turned [open]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Shiloh had watched the whole scene play out before her from the comfort of her perch in the shadows. If they looked like they were in a bind, she would've lent a hand but it seemed like they were capable enough. As the fight concluded, she felt the name the crowd was chanting to be oddly familiar. The woman had taken damage, in spite of acting like it didn't hurt a bit. A nasty wound, not fatal however. Overall if she were to rate the fight it would be a six. Too theatrical and the opponents were blindly bumbling around waving their weapons. There was no skill, no display of technique. Just plain, boring brute force and near misses. At least no one was dead. 

It would have been much more fun if they had drawn the fight out and if they didn't charge at her one at a time. Why did people even do that in fights anyway? It took Shiloh the whole length of the fight to recall who was being cornered down there. How could she have forgotten? That woman. That woman down there–she was the one who electrocuted a man when she was leading her out of this pirate-infested den. So this was how she acted in a fight…interesting. Still the same cocky attitude and confidence as she had remembered. Now that she knew the woman was here, should she go down and say hello? No, that wouldn't be a good idea. The crowd's attention was focused on her now and she still had a job to do. Slipping away she continued her search for Barnabas Foley.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Ernest turned back when she heard the shouting, worried that someone might have caught Vinsue, but, to her surprise, it was the exact opposite. Watching from the rooftop, she was very impressed at Vinsue's fighting skills. She wished she could fight like that.

When the fight ended - not that it took long - Ernest slid down from the roof and slipped through the crowd to join Vinsue. "You appear to have quite a reputation," she said. Although that was understandable, seeing how impressive the girl was in combat. "That was amazing." 

She noticed the cut on Vine's arm. "Are you all right?" she asked. She wanted to help, but she would understand it if Vinsue wanted to handle it on her own. Ernest herself had never been good at taking help, even when she knew she needed it. She could be way too independent at times. Although it often kept her alive, that wasn't by any stretch of the imagination always the case.

The crowd was still shouting, excited, and Ernest had a feeling that word would get out about this fight. "We should probably get out of here soon," she said. "Word will spread, and there will be more men coming."

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
"Yea, guess so. Though I can say they don't hate me without cause." she said at the reputation comment. she thought the fight had gone poorly herself but then again she was use to having her abilities to back her up. but this was not the place or time to talk. The fact that she was cut only lessened what she thought of the fight. 

"It hurts but we can't patch it hear. and as you said we need to get going." She said ripping the sleeve off than tying it around her arm at the cut. It looked bad as the blood had already ran down her arm. She would have fixed the womb with a spell but that was still out of the question. They needed to get out of the aria and possibly the city as soon as possible. 

She started walking down the ally towards the entrance of the city. She put on her poker face to keep from showing the pain for she has always feared letting others know how she feels and thought that pain made one look weak. She strives to be strong and had developed ways to keep her from appearing weak. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Vinsue's idea that the crowd hated her shocked Ernest. "They didn't hate you. They were amazed! It was only the men who tried to capture you who didn't like you." It was very surprising to her that Vinsue would be disappointed with how that fight had gone. Ernest herself would have loved to be able to do that.

She nodded, agreeing that they needed to leave quickly. "Come on, then," Ernest said. "The crowd is starting to disperse now - we'll probably be able to get through without being too noticeable." That, at least, was one of Ernest's talents. She knew how to avoid attention. "Pull up your hood. It'll make you less visible."

She ran a few steps to catch up with Vinsue. "I think I know how to get out of here," she said, turning toward where she knew the gate to the city to be. She stayed near the edge of the road, avoiding people as subtly as she could. She knew she still stuck out, though, even with her hands in her sleeves to stop them from glowing. Next town she got to, she was buying a pair of gloves. Not here, though. She wanted to get out of here as fast as possible.

Vinsue

Character Info
"I meant the men have good reason to hate me the crowd was just glad for some entertainment and blood." She was unimpressed by the fight for her opponents made it easy yet she now will have a scar that will always remind her of the fight. she had hardly realised that her hood was down. it must of fell of as she fought. She quickly put it up and winced as her arm blumed with new pain. this was not good.

She then she turned to follow her rescuer as she turned towards the gate. she would have stayed in the alleys but then again that was what they would expect. once out of the city she keep walking. she had a cave not far from there and knew it was getting darker by the minute. "I'm sure after all that you have questions. come i know a safe place we can rest for the night. and i can answer your questions." the blood had seeped through the cloth and blood was once again running down her arm. She needed help with it but she was not one to ask for help.

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest was much more at ease once they had gotten out of the city. Even though she had become relatively good at hiding it, she was still uncomfortable in crowds. She was just smart enough to know that looking uncomfortable got you hurt. Speaking of hurt… she could tell that Vinsue wasn't doing well, despite the girl's efforts to hide it. She was doing a good job, but Ernest noticed.

As they got further from the lights of the city, Ernest pulled her hands out from her cloak. She gave a half grin - for once, the annoying side effect of her magic was useful. She could see the immediate area around her, at least.

Either Vinsue was very perceptive or she'd heard a few things about Ernest - enough to figure out that Ernest had questions. She always had questions. It was kind of her way. In a way, questions had become the reason for her existence.

"Once we get to this cave," she said, "you should get that cut on your arm fixed up." It was a statement that left little room for argument. Ernest knew what it was like to be hiding pain - she'd been forced to learn. She recognized it in Vinsue now.

Vinsue

Character Info
the glow was quite helpful for it made it easy to see. man did human shave week eye site in the dark. slowly she missed being curse free. "you are right it needs fixed but I lack the supplies necessary to clean and sill the womb."  she said as they walked she was surprised that no questions had yet been asked she knew that she would have a few if she had saved someone.

as they came to the cave she was glad to be home and walked inside. they walked past a few tunnels to the main room. She laid some sticks in the fire pit and did her knee jerk action of towing her arms towards the pit to lite it on flame. she yelled as the pain spread down her arm and whatever blood had clotted ripped open. and no flame came. she had forgotten the curse as she was now home and wan now frustrated as she held her arm and sat down. a wave of nausea hit. no flame and more pain than she had dealt with in a long time. this was not her day at least her friend's glowing hands lent some light but how long would that last?

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
It was good to get out of the darkening night - much as she loved the wilderness, she knew the danger of the darkness. She followed Vinsue through the tunnels, keeping a careful eye on the girl as she did so. She watched curiously as Vinsue did something with her hands, apparently expecting something to happen. Nothing did, except Vinsue's shout of pain.

"Here," she said, figuring out what Vinsue was trying to do and pulling out her tinderbox to start the fire. She could have lit it using magic, but she wanted to save that for more important things. It took a couple of strokes, but she soon got a small fire kindled. It was just soon enough - the glow from her hands was starting to fade. She sat down next to Vinsue. "Do you want me to fix that cut for you?' she asked. "I still have the energy for another spell."

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue hated being weak. she hated the curse and as annoyed with it. "If you could that would be nice." she said and let go of her arm. she was glad to have someone to help but the fact she needed it annoyed her. she was going to get the curse removed as fast as she can. This was rather annoying.

she was glad for the fire and its warmth. and knew that she would not have been able to make it and without flame she would not have been able to close the wound. "So if I may ask, what were you doing in the city, how did you find me, and why risk your skin for me?" she asked the three questions the first out of curiosity and the other two because no one has ever tried to help her before. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest focused for a second, and her hands lit up again as Vine's wound sealed. She shook her hands in the air for a second, but the light didn't diminish. "I hope you weren't planning to be inconspicuous," said Ernest. She hated the glow that came with her magic, making her always stick out in a crowd.

She supposed it was only natural for Vinsue to have questions about her. "Honestly, I was in the city because I got lost. I was exploring Virens Forest, and I got very turned around and ran out of supplies. As for how I found you, it wasn't difficult. That man just carried you through the streets. I was walking by. I remember him from… Adeluna, I think. I seem to recall he ran one of the thieving guilds. I got on the bad sides of several of the guilds for refusing to join and one of them tried to hunt me down. I think there's a small part of me that still wants to get revenge." There were, honestly, a lot of people she didn't much care for in Adeluna. She had spent much too long there.

"So, what were you doing in that city?" she asked. "And did you manage to get on his bad side as well?"