Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > How the tables have turned [open]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
"no kidding. but i think ill go in a few days but i have a few things i want to try first." she said than yawned "one thing being sleep." she said than took a couple blankets and spread them out. "Perhaps we can talk more in the morning. i have had a long day and bed is calling me." she said than climbed into her bed.

she would soon be asleep unless the woman kept talking.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Ernest shrugged. "Sure. Have a nap. It seems to have been a busy day for both of us." She settled her back against the wall, with a vague idea of keeping watch, but realized a few seconds later that she would never be able to stay awake. She thought back to all that had happened that day. Had it really been just that morning that she had realized she was lost? Yes, it had. Not that it mattered now. She felt herself drifting off and didn't bother to resist.

The sun had just risen when she woke up the next morning. It was actually surprisingly normal for her, still half-sitting against the wall with kinks in her back, and she almost forgot anything had happened when she saw Vinsue. "Good morning," she said, yawning. "You awake yet?"

Vinsue

Character Info
She had been awake but she was thinking of her next moves and found no need in getting up before the question. She rolled over and looked at the entrance. "i'm up. and I know where I need to go. perhaps you will come as well?" she asked as she got up and folded her blankets. She than want into a side cavern. The sounds of medal hitting medal clicked threw the tavern as she looked for her pack and some other things.

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest had not honestly expected Vinsue to be up, but she nodded. "Sure, I'll come. I don't really have any idea where else to go." Well, she could go back to the forest, but the forest wasn't going to vanish in the next few days. Perhaps she could see what would come of all this.

She didn't really have much to pack up, but she checked through her things anyway. One could never be too careful. She had, unfortunately, learned that the hard way. "So, where are we going?" she asked.

Vinsue

Character Info
She appeared with her back pack sleighed over her right solder and where a dagger in her boot. "The library. I need answers and no one around these parts would know. the library in the academy would be my best shot for now." she stated that walked into a different tunnel. when she returned she had a 2 wineskins and a couple bags of dried fruit and meat.

"catch." she said than through her one of each. "The gurney is a few days on foot through the forest and past the mountains. best we get started."  She placed that witch remained into her pack and than walked into the sunlight. She took in a deep breath and frowned her sciences where not as strong as they where but she knew where she was going. she looked back with a neutral face. "Coming?"

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
The library? Ernest hadn't known there was a library anywhere near here. She wondered how she could have missed it - despite her track record with libraries (mostly getting angry), she was still fascinated by them. After a minute, though, she realized why she probably hadn't noticed it - it was several days away, and Ernest never ended up taking normal routes to places.

"Yeah, I'm coming." She picked up her bag and followed Vinsue out into the sunlight. It was early enough in the morning that the sun cast a glare into her face, and she frowned. It bothered her somewhat to not be able to see everything that was going on. She kept her eyes open as she walked, though, trying to spot everything she could. She had a bad habit of trying to see everything they were passing, but she tried to keep it to a minimum.

"So, what exactly are you hoping to find out at this library?" she asked.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue was ready to get going and started leading the way as soon as Ernest was out of the cave. normally she kept a slower paste but now she had important gales in mind and walked a bit fast. "I most hoped to find a way to get this thing off and my powers back. but in the least I hope to find its story or its past wearers to get it removed or see if any ever did." she said before letting it drop to its resting place. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest shrugged. "Makes sense," she said. Honestly, she could imagine how awful it would be to be unable to do magic. Discovering her magic powers had been the best thing to happen to her in… well, a very long time. 

She followed Vinsue, keeping pace with her relatively easily. She had spent much of her time wandering, recently. It was natural for her.

They hadn't been walking long when they heard a soft growl behind them. Ernest turned around, but she saw nothing at first. Scanning the trees more carefully, she spotted a shadow in off a few feet in the distance. "Wonderful," she said aloud. "I think we've attracted some attention." 

Vinsue

Character Info
She did not slow as Ernest stated that attention had been gathered. she dug in her bag untell she found the jerky jar and opened it. wolves were always after food as she had learned. she took out a few pieces of jerky out and put the bag back on.  she dropped the jerky and grabbed her dagger. she stopped and turned to look at the sounds of rustling leaves and growl. It was not in her to be lower on the food chain so she lacked fair. she also was filling that the wolves were intruding on her land making her a bit offensive and ready to fight. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest was very confused as to what Vinsue was trying to do, but figured that now was not the time to ask. She stepped a few paces back and pulled out her own dagger, knowing how little that would probably help if she actually had to fight a wolf. 

One of the wolves leapt toward her, and she swung her knife. It drew back for a second, and she took the opportunity to pull herself up into the nearest tree, a few inches out of the wolf's reach. It followed, pulling itself up onto the lowest branch, and Ernest ran along the higher branches. She spared a second to look down, and noticed two wolves going for Vinsue. Apparently they could tell who the better fighter was.

The wolf below her pulled itself up onto her branch and leapt at her, snarling. She slashed at it again, then reached for another branch and pulled herself up. Now that they were up in the trees, she had the advantage. She was much lighter than almost any wolf.