Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > How the tables have turned [open]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
she watched as her arm was healed but a nasty scar was left behind. She smiled at the statement and thought for a moment. It was funny how the girls hands glowed after a spell but at least she had magic.

Adeluna was a word that struck curiosity she did not want an answer to. they now had people outside the city after her wich was no surprise just this was not the time for her to have truble from places she did not know. the rest was not much of a surprise. 

"I come to the tavern every moon cycle for a drink and some mischief. usually set a few slaves free after a good ale. this time i came for a drink and forgot I just got a stupid curse. he was just trying to get some coin from the lord and had magically tampered with my drink." she said than got up and grabbed a stick and put it in a puddle of her saliva from when she was in her dragon form then put it in the flame. it almost exploded with the flame then she walked off with it. after a bit she returned with a jar of stew and some gloves and offered it to Ernest. than ate some jerky she had stored earlier that month. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
A curse? This was just getting more interesting as time went on. Still, Ernest knew better than to ask too many questions. She knew that people were rarely willing to share information unless they got some in return, and Ernest wasn't the type to share much. She watched Vinsue vanish deeper into the cave with a torch, then return with a jar of stew and a pair of gloves. She grinned. This girl was getting to know her too well already.

"Thanks," she said with a slight grin. She put the jar of stew on the edge of the fire to heat up and slid the gloves in her bag. She wasn't really worried about the light at this point - after all, she'd started a fire.

After a slight pause, she decided it would be alright to ask a little more. "You seem to have made a few enemies," she said, not really finding it a big deal. "Do you just naturally end up getting on people's bad sides like me? Or are you a rebel or something?" This girl seemed interesting, and Ernest hoped she would have a few stories to tell.

Vinsue

Character Info
"Well i guess is a mix of things. i guess blatantly telling a god that you came to take a treasure doesn't get you liked. it seemed he was fine with me having it but he was not he wanted to see what type of curse it held and put it on me." she grabbed the thing around her neck still unable to take it off or break it. "As of the pirates, they hate me for freeing their slaves and destroying their ships. they have placed big bounties on my head for they want me dead but they want the fun of seeing me die a slow death. anyone else it depends on moods i have some friends and a lot of enemies" she sat down. 

"I must say a lot of firsts in a long time has happened tonight. help from a stranger, getting cut and getting captured all on the list."
she had had a ruff day. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest gaped at Vinsue for a good ten seconds before realizing it was probably rude to stare. "Sorry," she said. "You have a lot more guts than I ever would." She tended to be one of the most awkward people ever around gods and goddesses, mostly because she was terrified of making them angry. "I saw what happens when a goddess gets angry once and that was more than enough for me."

"The pirates deserve it," she said, a slight grin on her face. She'd never like pirates. Or slavers, for that matter. "Again, I wouldn't be nearly brave enough to do anything, but they definitely deserve it."

She shrugged. "I'm not usually the most helpful type, but I'm glad I could aid you. I'm usually the one getting into trouble, actually. It's quite nice getting to be the one getting someone out of if, for a change." 

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue looked into the fire half wondering if it could burn her or if she was still flame resistant as to keep from seeing the girl stare. she may be stuck in human form but she did not want to see if it still threatened her for the girl was not an enemy and it made her feel weird. "I must say i will not willingly face a god like that again and the rest of them i have guts because I had will and skill to back me up if anything went wrong." she said knowing that right now she would not attempt any of her past pastimes.

"Again thanks for the help. once i get this stupid thing removed I will pay you back. just call and i will come." than knowing that that was an awkward subject she was quick to change it. "I'm sure you have questions you want to ask or a story you're dieing to hear so do ask and i would be more than glad to explain the story or answer the question." 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Vinsue's boldness still seemed odd to Ernest, although she supposed she might act bolder if she thought she had any hope of staying alive. "I don't have skill at all, which is probably why my main strategy is to avoid danger." Even having what magic she had, she was still woefully weak when it came to any sort of fighting.

She noticed Vinsue's quick change of the subject - not that she minded. Loyalties and such had always been awkward for her. So she thought about Vinsue's offer. "Honestly, I probably pick the worst things to ask about, but I'm curious about this curse you mentioned. What happened? I mean, besides you ticking off a god and all. But, like what does it do, besides attaching a necklace to your throat for all eternity?"

Vinsue

Character Info
The girl was right she did pick the least liked subject but vinsue did have a part in setting it up that way. "Well before the curse i was a master at fire and galvanizing magic along with healing and others. I went to the cradle to retrieve the necklace as it had called me. he placed it on my throat and with it came a sever pain. once i finally could take no more it took all my magic away as well as my inherited abilities." she said. "If that was not bad enough i awoke being attacked by his pet. I just hope to get rid of the stupid thing soon." she went quiet for a bit as she thought. she hated the thing and has found a new respect for humans and their weak… everything. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest realized she had treaded into a more private subject, but the story sounded fascinating. It explained, for one thing, why Vinsue had so many adventures to talk about - she had had magic to back her up as well. She quietly wondered what "the cradle" was, and what god Vinsue had gotten mixed up with. Not Drae, she was almost certain of that, but she knew little about the others.

A part of her really did want to help Vinsue, but she had almost no experience with matters involving curses and the like. She paused as an idea occurred to her. "You might be able to ask Adraejen. The god of knowledge and such. His temple has a lot of records - there might be something about cursed jewelry there." It wasn't a very good idea, she thought, but it might help somewhat.

Vinsue

Character Info
"the keeper of knowledge right? i met him a long time ago, he helped me master my inherited ability. i must say he is a nice guy but i am already in his debt and do not need further in it." she said. "I usually try to avoid being in others debts but if he had a book on it i would love to read it." 

"I'm sure glad Adrejen is much nicer and has better manners than the lord of lies. that said there still both deities and i would hate to be on the bad side of two of them."
she said. the one thing she was quick to pick up on was that the keeper of knowledge seemed to know everything and may even think that she deserved it. it may be stereotypical but she had learned her lesson.

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest nodded. "Yeah. The Keeper of Knowledge. Sorry, I'm really bad with titles." She shrugged. Titles had never been particularly relevant to her. "I know what you mean. I hate being in debt to people, too. Not that I can usually help it."

"If I go back there, I can see if he has anything on the subject." She wasn't sure if she was going back - she'd had quite the fiasco with the record orbs last time - but she figured, if she did, it was worth a look. "I swear there is information on everything in that temple." 

The lord of lies? Ernest wondered who that was. She'd never heard of a god of lies. Either he was new, or she was uninformed. Probably both, come to think of it. She focused her mind back on the conversation. "Yeah, from what I've seen, getting on the bad sides of deities doesn't go well. They can be rather… temperamental. Much like the rest of us, I suppose. Just with more power."