Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > How the tables have turned [open]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
She looked around to find a stick just to be pounced on by one of the wolve. Being unprepared she only held it off with one arm as she had to reach for her knife. only bearly grabbing it and quickly cutting its throat. It took a while to push its lifeless body off but once she did she was quick to get up and look for the other wolf. She sidestepped as it pounced just barely being missed yet getting a cut on its side. 

Soon she had turned and repeated the sidestep cut prosses untell the creature gave up and ran off. she then looked around and found a stick. She looked around for Ernest and any more of the pack. falling limbs get her attention. looking up she could hardly believe that a wolf was in the trees. she put her gagger up and started to climb the tree with one hand and her feet. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Ernest spared a brief second to glance downward and realized that she could no longer see Vinsue anywhere. She pushed that thought aside, though, having much more important things to concentrate on - like not dying. 

The wolf following her had to be one of the most stubborn creatures in existence, she decided, as it continued to follow her up into the branches. Fortunately, that was to her advantage. Unfortunately, that meant it was really difficult to get out of its reach. It slashed at her again, and caught the backs of her ankles. She winced.

She pulled herself up another branch, beginning to wonder how high she could go without breaking the tree herself, when she heard a crack. The wolf had finally reached a branch that couldn't hold its weight and fell crashing through the branches below. Ernest grinned. Her plan had actually worked. It had just taken her much longer than she had expected.

She resisted the urge to throw her dagger at the wolf to make sure it was dead; it was far enough below her that she could descend a little way. Finding new branches to stand on, she climbed her way down a few feet, keeping a careful eye open.

Vinsue

Character Info
Hearing branches brake worried her that the woman may have fell. But at the howl of the wolf she knew that she was not the one that fell. 

She desided to climb back down than looked at the dead wolves. Life was a gift that she had stolen to save her own. They needed to eat, she just felt a bit bad that it coust them there lives. Being covered in blood was not a way to go to a city so she resisted the thought of cleaning them. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
After a few moments, Ernest decided that either the wolf was either dead or very good at pretending. Judging by what she knew of wolves, she was guessing the former. She kept an eye on it anyway, as she climbed down from the tree, but it still did not move. It was dead, then. A small part of her wished she was sympathetic, but she wasn't, really. It had tried to kill her. It had forced her to kill it.

She dropped down to the ground and found Vinsue looking at the wolves. "You alright?" she asked. She didn't think Vinsue had been hurt, but she wanted to ask anyway. 

Vinsue

Character Info
"I am fine. Just debating on pulling the wolfs in the trees so i can use them when i get back. Are you ok."

Vinsue looked at the woman for a few seconds than at the trees. Truthfully she had not put a kill in a tree in a really long time but it was a good way of keeping them from being eaten.  It would also previde some food and the pellets that can be sold if the curce was a longer lasting thing. She finaly bent over and put one wolf over her solder than climed a near by tree about four yards and than placed it on a limb. Than climed down.

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest shrugged. "I'm fine. It scratched me a few times, but I've dealt with worse than that." She was used to ending up scraped after a while - it was hard to live in the wild unscathed. 

"Why would you put the wolves in the trees?" she asked. It seemed an odd thing to do, to put a carcass where nothing could get at it, and just leave it to decompose. She rarely managed to kill something large enough that it lasted her much longer than a meal, but she would never have hidden it like that. She supposed Vinsue had her reasons. She had said that she would be coming back here.

Vinsue

Character Info
"Respect says you kill you eat." she managed to shoulder the other and do the same to it. "Also leaving them on the ground will attract unwanted creatures to the area." she jumped down from the tree and picked up her jerky from earlier. "If my problem is more permit than a few days the meat will be useful and the pelt can be worth a few coins. normally I would bring them home but at the moment I have more important things to do"

She shouldered her bags and started to eat her jerky as she took lead through the woods. 

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Vinsue's explanation seemed logical enough, although Ernest still thought it was a bit of an odd idea. However, she had more important things to do than debate with Vinsue over the merits of hanging wolves in trees, so she turned and followed Vinsue as she lead the way through the woods. 

Ernest did her best not to get distracted by the woods, but it was very odd to walk somewhere without looking at everything. She supposed that would be rather annoying to her travelling companion, though. Still, she couldn't stop herself from cutting a few leaves from bushes as she walked past. There had been little enough to collect in the part of the forest she'd been in before, and she wasn't about to pass up the opportunity now.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue was not really concerned with what the woman was doing as long as she kept pace. She would have done the same but she knew the place better than the back of her hand. one of the times the girl stopped and plucked some leaves vinsue found a stick that was strong and light.

hours later she stopped beside a pound. "Night will fall soon." she bent down beside the water and submerged her water skin. once full she placed the lid back on it then placed her face to the water and started drinking from the pond. she got up and wiped her face as she looked around. they were close to the mountains but still hours from the next town. "Want to sleep in a cave or in a tree. I would keep going but worse than wolves come out at night. Personally, I would not want to try my luck with a dagger and stick."

Silver Star

Character Info
Class:
Ernest kneeled down next to the pond and filled her water skin as well. She scanned the area around them. It looked safe enough to stop in, although she didn't like the images her mind created of the beasts Vinsue mentioned.

"Up a tree sounds fine," she said. "Caves tend to have animals living in them, and I'm really not in the mood to fight more wild animals tonight." Ernest seemed to have a way of attracting danger. Things always seemed to happen around her. 

She studied the trees for a minute before finding one that seemed a good size to her. She grabbed the lowest branch and pulled herself up. After she got a few feet into the air, she glanced down at Vinsue. "You coming?" she asked.