Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > (OOC) What's up with the activity drop?
ViaraKiara

Character Info
Name: Not Roleplaying
Alignment: CN
Race: Not Roleplaying
Class: Not Roleplaying
Silver: 0
Hi. I got redirected to this site from a site called springhole.net. I decided to check it out, and here I am.

So, I've been poking through the forums, and I have questions

1. What's up with the activity drop?
2. How do I get into this sort of roleplaying?
3. What characters can and can't I create?
4. Are there any rules?
5. What should I know?
6. I've heard of Mary Sues, how do I not be one?
7. Is there anything more I should avoid/do/whatever???

N o t R o l e p l a y i n g
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Hello and welcome to Revaliir! The majority of your questions regarding role playing can be answered through guides on our wiki:

The rest of our site rules are also in our wiki, including the lore of Revaliir and setting. Real life comes first in most situations, hence the recent drop in site activity. However our community on Discord is very active and it's also the best place to have questions answered regarding things not detailed in the wiki!

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Hello and welcome!

Our dearest admin Cymbel has given you the right links to our wiki to explain a lot of your questions. The vast majority of our users are on our discord. The ones looking to roleplay can be found there. Honestly, it's just a bit of a slow period as our developers continue to develop Revaliir 2.0. Most of the OOC activity has always happened on our discord since we got it leaving our OOC areas a bit bare, to be honest. We're still here though even if it doesn't look like it.

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Hi!  Welcome! 

Activity is sparse on the site right now because a lot of our crazy interaction happens on the Discord, as previously stated, though we do keep the actual RPing on the site itself.  We've always had highs and lows (work, school, life in general), but we're always a DM away from a potential reply.

For your second question, Cymbel has already posted a few links.  In addition to that, you could always throw a few ideas around in Discord and/or an OOC thread for character ideas or plot ideas, and step one could be writing an open thread for someone to hop in!

I believe the third and fourth questions are cleared by the links, so I'll skip that.  For the fifth, we have an extensive wiki with lore!  It's not entirely necessary to know, but it is available for more in depth roleplaying if you so choose.

Avoiding a Mary-Sue character is quite easy.  When coming up with character ideas, create realistic flaws.  No one person is good at everything, so find your characters strengths, and note their weakness and play them out.  Is your character a mage?  Then they'll likely be bad in a melee with fists and swords.  Are they book smart?  Then they might not understand the street all too well, and get mugged.  No one character is OP, not even the Gods and Goddesses (though they are extremely powerful, but that's a whole different thing.)

As for what to avoid, I can't say anything specific really.  Just be kind and patient, and stick to the general rules of the site (or Discord if you end up joining), and have fun!

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Pretty sure everyone here so far covered just about everything, only thing I'd say is to enjoy and have a bit of patience. From what I've seen, RP forums in general have been having it rough for the last few years, activity wise. But there's still plenty of us writers around ready to scratch that writing inch. Definitely take a peek at the discord to learn more and meet up with our writers.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!