Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > [P] pride in scars.
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
A limp in the young girls step screamed she had a story to tail as she walked into the bar and got a glass of ale. something was wrong but she showed no signs except for the limp as she took a seat at a far table. she muttered the words to a healing spell. She had the hood of her simple brown hood up over her snow white hair. She knew that her face was on a few wanted posters in the city and wanted to be in full health if anyone was looking to exchange her for a bounty.

She sipped her drink after the healing was done and watched the door. most knew not to mess with her but there was always some who test there luck.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Slank

Character Info
Name: Malik Stonemason
Alignment: TG
Race: human
Class: brawler
Silver: 447
Malik sat at the bar sipping his drink. He had been too long on the road and too long without steady employment. Though his clothing and gear, the later consisting of a nearly empty backpack, weapon sharpening equipment, a buckler and a hand-and-a-half sword, were still in descent condition, everything seemed to have a semi-permanent coating of roadside dust. He glanced at the entrance to the bar as a new patron entered and did a double take. The white, almost albino, individual was not overly attractive to Malik, but, simply by virtue of her being a young lady, much less a young lady of such unique appearance, she seemed not the sort to usually frequent this establishment. This, in addition to her obvious injury, made her interesting. As she sat down Malik decided that, for better or for worse, he was going to go speak to her. He finished the last sip of his drink and walked over to her table. "Excuse me miss, I couldn't help but notice you favoring your side as you came in. Is there anything a man with an overabundance of muscle and a lack of common sense, such as myself, could do to help you?" he said in a slightly amused tone accompanied by a grin and a comical bow.
Vinsue

Character Info
she looked at the man that approached the table and offered his assistance. "I'll be fine. but thanks for asking. just got my land legs back. one would have thought i was drunk a bit ago after the way i stumbled about." she said then gestured towards the seat on the other side of the table. he looked strong and she took note of his weapons. she smiled at the way he bowed. she could use a good story or even a good laugh. 

Despite his kindness and joys spirit she kept her guard up. either he was new to the aria and knew nothing about her or he was a good actor she knew many on both sides and has learned it can be quite difficult to distinguish between the two. "So what brings you here." she asked. she sipped her ale and waited for him to talk.

Slank

Character Info
(slight change, his backpack has his smithing tools and a journal and ink and quill)

Malik settled into the seat she offered him and placed his backpack on the ground as softly as he could considering it's contents. "Well, I am a smith by trade," he responded to her inquiry, "and I'm currently looking for employment." He sighed, looked down at the table, and said with just a hint of frustration in his voice "I've been on the road for a couple of years now, moving from place to place taking odd jobs to keep myself fed, and just looking for a town that doesn't already have a smith in residence." He glanced back up at her and, with his amused grin back in place, said, "Your turn. What did you mean by 'land legs'?"
Vinsue

Character Info
She had been traveling most her life and knew the frustration of it yet she loved it aswell. "By land legs I mean that i am stable on land again. after a long voyage on rough seas your body gets use to the sway of the ship. once on solid ground people often stumble about on shaky legs tell there body realises the ground has stopped moving." she said. this being a port town that phrase was often thrown about like many of the sailors phrases. 

She was lucky to get a ride that was not out to kill her. just the ride could have gone a lot better. "And i come for the simple fact that the only ride across the sea came to this port but anything is better than the last place." She said than took a sip of her drink. She almost wanted to ask if he ever sharpened or made a weapon for a pirate or what the most interesting person he ran into was but she decided against it. 

Slank

Character Info

He sat back in his chair and just looked at her for a minute, debating what to ask next. After a minute's musing he realized he had yet to ask the most obvious question. "Pardon my manners" he said, "I haven't asked you your name?"
Vinsue

Character Info
it took a bit for either of them to talk but she did not mind.

She smiled at the way he asked for her name so few ever do. "I'm Vinsue. and you are?" She said and reached out her had for a shake. she thought he would do the same.  

Slank

Character Info
"Malik Stonemason, smith extraordinaire, at your service," he responded. He found himself thoroughly enjoying this conversation, but something she had said was sticking in hismnd. At risk of his new friend ending the conversation, he asked "What, pray tell, was so horrible about where you were that 'anything' is better than it?"
Vinsue

Character Info
she returned her hand to her drink and took a sip as she thought about how she would answer the question. "Well Mr. Malik, I come from pirate haven. a place that lacks laws and anyone with a price on there head goes to be safe from the rest of the world. Thing is it is ruled by pirate lords and they do not like me for many reasons and sent people after me all the time. One actually cault me once." she pulled up her sleeve to show the 5 inch scar from a knife that she got as she escaped. she looked at it for a second then pushed her sleeve back down. "they wanted to do way more and way worse but i am not easy to obtain. and had escaped. but that was awhile back but as said anything is better than that pirates deen."

she had a lot of stories of that place but thought that would put out enough information to where he could ask more questans. she again sipped her drink. "Well anything may be a bit of an over statement. the cradle and porta inferi are pretty bad but those are in the realms of the gods. no mortal place is worse than pirate haven." she still had nightmares from the cradle incident but that was a different story for a different day. 

Slank

Character Info
"Please, just Malik is fine. I'm hardly a Mr. or a Sir. Just an out-of work tradesman." He signaled to the barman that he and his companion would like some food. After a brief negotiation in regards to payment, Malik eventually agreed to do some of the many repairs needed around the tavern in lieu of paying money, the bartender brought him two bowls of hearty, savory stew. He pushed a bowl over to Vinsue and continued "You, on the other hand, are a far more impressive individual. Young in appearance, and beautiful, as well as having survived a den of pirates and the realm of the gods. I makes me wonder why you bother with mere mortals," He finished with another of his characteristic grins.