Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Eyota Etu > New Arena (P)
sircrumpet

Character Info
Name: Viserys Serpentine
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Gladiator
Silver: 1348
Viserys slowly walked over to the cot and sat down "In my head i'm still a father" he then unrolled an old looking scroll with a drawing of a map pointing to Vada "The water situation is too harsh and food will run out the more people we take on, so I suggest taking them to an oasis just outside of Vada where there's enough water and grassland for them to survive and have a start of a life" waiting for her to finish he put a hand on top of the Angel's giving it a squeeze looking into her eye's "get some rest Evri, one more sleepless night for me won't stop me" standing a walking through the flap back to the main compartment of the tent.

It didn't take long for a prisoner to walk through and Vis was just expecting a complaint about food or water but as he saw the chubby ringleader push his way in the gladiator could already feel irritation rise in his head as the man spoke slowly "I heard rumours that the Angel is a mass murderer" with a sigh he continued writing ignoring the idiot before placing the scroll on a pile and looking up "Arent we all? we all fought and killed to survive?" more men filtered in with looks of disgust and hatred as the ringleader spoke again "The problem is that she's not human and if she turns against us who would stop them, maybe the guard you let live here?" even the mention of the guard caused Vis to stand up pushing the chair back "is that a threat? would you really like to test me today?" his eyes widened as the severed ear dropped into the sand beneath them "A Threat is something we havent already done… I want you to know that filth squealed like we hope the winged shit will" without hesitation Viserys stood up and walked over grabbing the man not even bothering about the other men surrounding him before whispering lightly "I once said I didn't need a weapon to butcher you" allowing a fist to glow blue summoning a small strength spell to plunge a hand into his chest and slowly pulling his chest open like a door causing the men around to recoil or throw up before sprinting out.

When he got back to the desk all he could do was flop down staring at the ear with a pained look on his face "You did this… you allowed them to die" inhaling a shaky breath before pouring a cup of wine holding the cup with a bloody hand before downing it "Edward… I shouldn't of let you out of this tent but they wont get to do that again to anyone!" slamming his free fist on the table and calling guards to come in the tent watching the shock on their face seeing the body of the ringleader laying lifeless as he spoke coldy "The men that were with him, I want them gathered up in the center of town and left behind when we leave tomorrow with no items, no water and no food" as the guards left with quick steed one of them dragged the corpse out leaving Viserys alone with his thoughts.

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
Evridiki

Character Info
Name: Evridiki Iseult
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Angel
Class: Vigilante
Silver: 63
Her brief moment of reprieve was short-lived. When Viserys left her compartment of the tent, Evri really did try to get some sleep, but after being in a slight coma for the past few days, she was simply not eager to go back to dreaming. So she was awake when she heard the ruffians enter. For a second, the half-angel considered joining Vis to provide him with support, but then she heard the pudgy ringleader from before call her a mass murderer. Her blood ran cold, and she paused with her hand hovering above the flap leading to the main area before slowly pulling it away. Evri wasn't necessarily upset with him– she knew why he lied– but now she knew the truth. She would live with the blood of innocents on her hands for the rest of her life. The guilt weighed her down to the floor. If she could cry, she would've. But her sorrow quickly turned to anger as she heard of what the brutes did to Edward. 

Her eyes dulled with rage while she waited for Viserys to be done with them. Evri entered the main compartment with fury in her gaze, though not directed at Vis. She scowled at the trail of blood leading out of the tent, balling her hands into fists to keep herself from setting the entire place on fire. "Death was too good for him," she spat, feathers ruffling as her tension built. "I hope the Reaper tortures his soul in the afterlife. I hope he burns!" She shouted, small flames flicking around her knuckles. Snapping her head around to look at Viserys, she suddenly regained her composure. The boy's death had probably impacted him a great deal, and she couldn't afford to have the one stable person in the camp begin to unhinge. "Vis, it wasn't your fault," she stated, knowing fully well that he wasn't going to accept it. "Those men are horrible people, and they are the ones responsible." Hesitating, Evri rested a hand on his shoulder and stared him sternly in the eyes. "Please…" With a short pause, she pursed her lips in thought. "Other people need you."

With that, she released him and sulked back into the room with the cot and laid there until morning, getting no more rest that night. When the first bit of sunlight began to peak through the cracks in the tent, Evri sighed and got up, rubbing a hand through her feathery hair. As she exited the tent, she took note of the rowdy group of people near the center of camp. The guards were doing their best to keep them contained, but they were clearly having trouble. Taking her sword, the half-angel approached the group with an air of authority. A few caught sight of her and quieted down, but some of the more vocal men began to taunt her. "Look, it's the angel of death!" one jeered, sneering at her with disgust. In one swift movement, her blade entered his shoulder and evoked a piercing screech from the stocky man. Leaning in close, Evri glared at him. "Is mocking me really in your best interests right now?" she snarled, twisting the sword before jerking it from his body. Her eyes passed over the rest of the men, who had been scared into silence. "We're allowing you to live. I would suggest showing a little more gratitude," she stated in a booming voice, then turned her back and began to traverse through the camp.

sircrumpet

Character Info
The gladiator's fingers slowly circled the top of his glass watching the puddle of blood intently for any paths he could have taken to avoid the fate of the young boy, maybe it would have been best of just denied Edward entry to the camp sending him back to the savage city they had escaped from, this deep thought meant the stack of paper on his desk went untouched for most of the night as he drowned his anger and sorrows with weak wine before he snapped pushing the stack of scrolls into the fire pit before him causing embers to slowly float out lighting his disgusted face as he poured the remenats over the fire causing it to sizzle out before he decided to simply wrap a cloak round himself and heading out while the people slumbered so he could either find more beverages or simply hack away at a straw figure.

Morning came quicker than expected while Vis was in his drunken state, and of course, the act of slashing and badly destroying all the training equipment caused him great pleasure as he scanned across his work cupping his head holding back a headache before hearing the echoing of shouts in the distance even the sound of the prisoners bickering this early in the morning caused him irritation letting loose a sigh he took stead towards the arugement catching glimpse of the angel stab a man before all eyes collapsed on him as he slowly walked over to the well slowly pouring a ladle of water into his mouth and spitting it out before soaking his face to try a regain a sense of normality as he took a step on the makeshift wooden stage and pulling the blade out of the rude mouthed man with his bare hands leaving a gash on his palm, "Dont speak harshly of the actions of saviours, it'll come back to bite you alot like the people you see before you in the stocks" he waved his hand to display the men from last night beaten heavily causing black eyes and teeth to be missing before Vis drew a sword as one of the captives begged "Please atleast let us pray to the deities for our travels" a twitch of an eyebrow was the only reply the man got as a reply before the warrior reached down and with strong hands grabbed his chin "Did you Edward time to pray? Do you believe Dalanesca will judge you any different for your sins?" raising the blade so it protruding out his skull with a sickening sound as the other guards swung down taking the lives of the other criminals as Vis stood up to face the crowd with anger in his eyes "Fuck the deities! Two of them tried to kill you all and yet you stand in their folly! and the others stood by and simply watched as priests and other honourable people died! what sort of goddess of love lets people who devote themselves to her teachings be slaughtered by such evil intent" he tore of his breastplate leaving him simply in a linen shirt throwing it to the crowd "Your cowards afraid of death like the men we killed today, yet you still see it fit to judge others who fought for you by their shortcomings then you all don't deserve a better life or a leader who would take you there".

It was either through shock or pure anger that the crowd didnt echo the word as he dragged the angel back to the main tent where a pair of horses, beutifaully blonde in colour and manes of pure white, stood still neighing with heavy supplies in place allowing the two to leave imeditately before the other prisoners took heed to what was happening "If you'll join me, I'm heading to Canelux I sense a boy needs to speak with someone about overwhelming power" looking down at a broken glpyh on his skin that pulsed blue with a lack of magic, "The old fool seriously died huh?".

Evridiki

Character Info
Evridiki allowed the gladiator to drag her along towards the horses, sensing his intense anger and frustration. He wanted them to abandon the camp, but she wasn't so sure that would be a good idea. Before answering him, she pulled her arms up to her chest and crossed them, turning to one of the more faithful guards that had been loyal to Viserys. Gently, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Pack up the camp and head towards the Valley of Vada," she instructed, and he listened with a focused gaze. "Leave behind any trouble, and good luck." Nodding, they turned away from each other, and Evri hopped onto the back of one of the horses. Her red eyes looked quizzically at Viserys, wondering what could be so important that he needed to go to Adeluna. 

"Only if I can but some new armor along the way," she stated, adjusting her wings to shield her face against the blinding sun. A few people began shouting, clearly trying to fight back because of Vis's actions. Concerned, Evri motioned her head towards the desert in the distance. "But we'd better hurry." Her voice was hushed, but the stillness was soon broken by the sounds of muffled hoofbeats on the burning sand. The half-angel had every confidence that Viserys was behind her, matching her pace. Reaching a safe distance from the camp took a bit longer than expected, given that horses were not an ideal method of travel on sand. Scorching afternoon heat beat down upon them by the time Evri stopped to rest.

Wiping a hand across her forehead, she got off of the horse's back, squinting as she searched for a small town she knew was near. Evri extended her wings and flew upwards to get a better view of the land. The town was just south of their location, and near enough for them to reach by sundown. "There's a small village nearby. We should make it there by nightfall," she informed Viserys while she floated down, immediately taking a hold of her horse's lead so that it would not run away. Raising an eyebrow at the man, she dusted off the sand from her pants. "So, what's in Adeluna?" she asked casually, eyeing the glyph on his arm.

sircrumpet

Character Info
He looked down at himself noticing how little armour he was wearing as well "I guess that's for the best, I never truly found all the stuff the guards took from me and the leather set they gave me fits crudely" Vis let out a sigh after half a days ride, he had asked the guards to gather a sled like device atleast to make the journey easier which seemed to sail over their heads, allowing his bare feet to touch the ground letting his toes run through it peacefully before uncorking a bottle and downing half a bottle of water handing it to the Angel as she floated back down.

Starting to walk through the sand with the horse behind "Adeluna is the resting place of a person I knew when he finally left this realm the glyph planted on the skin of each user of his mana broke" the gladiator spoke waving a hand tilting his head back to glance at Evri to make sure she understood "Which means the last host he had now is a target for anyone wanting the power for themselves, which is why I have to go teach him to hide it before the mana inside him either explodes or turns into a rift to the outer planes, the one where that ex-deity met the world eater" he went silent quietly listeining to the wind before taking a intake of air "Im guessing your sticking to your plan then? off to find the deity that caused all this and do something about it?".

They walked for a few more minutes before mounting up and reaching the town at nightfall which caused Vis to enter an Inn ordering the cheapest Ale he could get passing a tankard to the winged companion "Its not as if I blame you really, its what I want to do after the Reaper claimed Edward's young life but even with me duty takes place over such things as revenge" taking a long drink to think about his next line before resting his hand against the solid wooden table "Perhaps we shall meet again in the future or next life, since it sounds like we'll be taking different routes" he spoke almost as like the mission he would be going on would end in his life being taken but yet the idea of it seemed to ease him after seeing so much pain and suffering over the few years he had his freedom maybe dying saving the realm and being forgotten would be best. Vis hadn't even noticed how long he'd been daydreaming about his plans until lifting the mug up to notice the lack of Ale before raising his hand to get a refill for them both, "But at least stay for another drink then you can keep the horse I lent you" the gladiator smirked at his unlikely partner.

Evridiki

Character Info
Evri chuckled dryly as she was offered the drink, thinking of how she really didn't enjoy the taste of ale as much as others did. Nevertheless, she accepted it and drank along with him, already beginning to feel its effects on her mind. "I guess that is something that might require your help," she noted, watching the amber liquid swirl inside her mug. The tavern was small and unkept, almost falling apart due to the sheer lack of visitors the town had. "I hope whoever it is ends up alright." Her voice was much more bold and clear than it had been after the rough days of imprisonment and violence. It was probably the alcohol, if she had to guess. As her mug was refilled, she hesitated to drink anymore, aware of how little it took to get herself drunk. But, if this truly was the last time she'd see Vis, Evri decided to let herself loose a little, and she started downing her ale with vigor.

Once she finished taking a swig of her drink, she coughed a little and glanced over at Viserys. "Actually, I've got something I need to do when I leave here," she stated, red eyes burning as the drink took hold of her. "My friend who sent me to Eyota… I have to tell her about her fiancé." Tensely, her hand balled into a fist on the counter, until she burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. A tear rolled down her cheek, but her sadness was now forgotten. The giggles died down, and she patted Vis on the back with her wing, placing a grip on his shoulder. "Sorry, sorry," she apologized, though the amusement in her voice was still present. "I don't know what's so funny!" The other bar patrons were giving her strange looks, so that somehow made her laugh even more.

Tightening her grip on him, Evri leaned in, so close her breath blew on his cheek, and whispered, "I think they like me~" Then, pulling away abruptly, the half-angel went over and disturbed the one other table of guests, who mostly seemed confused yet entertained by her clear lack of tolerance. She did, however, get dirty looks from the bartender. His stare turned to the gladiator, clearly expecting him to do something to contain this woman. Evri just carried on, loudly singing an old angelic hymn she remembered as she wrapped her arms around the people's necks. After a few verses, they (sort of) started to catch on and joined in, until the entire Inn echoed with the annoying sounds of drunken singing.

sircrumpet

Character Info
All he could do was chuckle at the scene knowing how easily she got drunk due to being the method of keeping her asleep while they travelled to the camp and the time back at the shack in the city before raising a hand at the bartender to stop his worrying  Vis walked towards the singing crowd taking hold of one of Evri's hand "A dance for the road?" quickly pulling her into a awkwardly done chant and dance which quickly dissolvedinto laughing fits on his half and poking of her head "We started hating eachother, and now im dreading leaving!" 

Deity knows how long the chanting and cheap ale went on for but Viserys clearly knew that the Angel was politely put hammered as he got a crowd full of moans when he lead her to the Inns bedrooms which the bartender let them have "Before you say it, yes the random people did like you because you are the only female here" he replied to her previous statement before going back to lightly humming her hymn and dragging the women to the room which was small but big enough to settle her down on a chair, "You know the only reason I gave you Ale is that it makes the goodbye easier right?" the gladiator started laughing running a hand through his hair "You see why Im going after this kid with the mana, isnt for power or safety the dead guy once said that all hosts were related some way so maybe he's family I dunno?". it took him a few extra minutes to pack his items into the old rucksack before crouching before her "And so here I am, It would only take a word for you to convince me to travel with you but at the moment I'm broken" he had learnt in whispering gently into her ear before leaning down and lightly kissing her and helping her to the bed "Till next time Angel".

The patrons seemed confused to see him back down with his bag before they nodded their heads fondly each saying their drunken goodbyes with many hugs and cheers apparently the legend of the 'The Great Slayer' had made it this far which annoyed the man immensely before asking the bartender for the package of plate armour he asked for which the grizzled man slid over each piece of the metal decorated lightly with patterns like the wind nodding at the art, he paid for all the ale and room before asking the man politely to look after his compainion before heading out into the night to ride off with his freshly rested horse into the desert beyond.