Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Eyota Etu > New Arena (P)
sircrumpet

Character Info
Name: Viserys Serpentine
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Gladiator
Silver: 1348
He sighed quickly undoing the cage to have a sensation of fear fill him as he looked down upon a single girl with tears rolling down her face screaming filled his head as the disfigured voice echoed throughout his skull 'Help me!' all Viserys could do was back up out the cage as the image of the girl wobbled in the air like a mirage "No stop this isn't possible! She died, you died!" tears welling up as the girl lifted her head showing pointed ears and green eyes, her skin pale like a ghost reaching out for the Gladiator 'They did this to me' her voice once again drilling into his head like a chisel, the anger he had felt before didn't match him as he stared at the guards who seemed to change in a blur of vision to resemble Vampires.

The roar of anger was only the start as he threw his sword away with a clatter and ripping the Warhammer off his back with unknown strength as Viserys' body glowed with his spells active upon him as he charged at the nearest illusioned guard crashing the hammer upon his head to the wall crushing it like a grape in a vice "You did this! You hurt my everything! you tore her limb from limb like the beasts you are!" his next swing was easily dodged due to the blurring of vision from the tears pouring down his face, the blow still resulting a crater in wall as the 'Vampire' tried to back away he swung again catching him in chest simply crushing his organs with a terrified look on his face "Coward Hunters! Fight me!" the gladiator screamed.

However, in this time long claws reached round the jail door allowing a layer of fog to seep across the stone as voices echoed in the Angels head 'They did this to us' her parent stood beaten and bruised 'Those bandits took you from us, and murdered us' the guards images wobbled in the air until forming into the men she had killed that night each one with a sickening grin looking like they were enjoying the Gladiator's outburst. the cuts covering Visery's body didn't seem to slow him down but each wince or twist caused his smash to miss or cause more pain to the unrequired area almost like he was viscously swinging his hammer randomly as the beast of many faces placed a 'claw' upon the Angels shoulder and whispered into her head 'Kill them all'

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
Evridiki

Character Info
Name: Evridiki Iseult
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Angel
Class: Vigilante
Silver: 63
That voice…Her parents' images wavered in the air, scorching burn scars covered their bodies, but Evri could still see the agonizing pain in their faces. Something in the back of her mind told her that they would never tell her to kill anyone, and she knew that. They'd never encourage her to react in violence. But she didn't care. As a rage she had not known in decades filled her mind, the red of her eyes completely spread, leaking onto her face. Her angel genes took over, shoving any human features back. With the full force of her angelic powers released, all sense of justice or mercy left her, and she was ready to kill.

One gust of her wings and she was launched forward towards the ongoing battle. Flames engulfed her body while she wielded her sword, slicing through one "bandit"'s throat and watching him burn. The others were trying to flee, but she wouldn't let them. "Maelpereji!" Evri screamed, a wall of fire hitting three of the guards. They fell to the ground, and only one remained moving. Now on the ground, the half-angel stalked over to him, where he desperately tried to crawl away despite the pain of his injuries. Scowling, she stomped on his back, causing him to whimper in pain. "You are pathetic," she muttered before stabbing her sword into his back. The man went limp.

Evridiki looked around, the amount of mana she had used was catching up with her. She saw two bandits fighting one another: one trying to run away, and one seemingly as angry as she was. She didn't care why they were fighting, but they were both going to die. Just as she approached them, however, the full force of her magical energy left her, and she collapsed to the ground, sputtering and wondering what in the hell she was doing.

sircrumpet

Character Info
The anger weighed him down, a thumping in his head until he realised he was always this angry he had let down the only person he ever cared for a kept to himself letting it brew inside him like a volcano, all he really needed was a push with this sudden clarity Viserys looked down at the bodies of the ones he cut or smashed to death simply seeing guards with faces of fear frozen on their corpses even the semi sorched guards smell caused him to gag as he eyes landed on the angel laying on the floor breathing heavily from exsuastion. What had they done in the moment of distraction as his eyes flickered to the image of his daughter near the cells beckoning over with tears in her eyes "Daddy Im scared!" with a frown the gladiator walked over cupping the young girls cheek gently smiling "I know baby girl, I really wish you were here that I could hug you or comfort you" allowing a shaky breath in before continuing "But look at what you've done, my daughter never wanted this life for me hating death in every way" drawing the sharp sword from its sheath with tears in his eyes slowly pushed the blade into her stomach causing shadows to flow from the wound screaming "Why! Father! Whhhhy!" her voice slowly distorting into a sickly gurgle as Viserys shushed her slowly stroking her head as the illusion cracked and became the deformed figure of darkness fading away from his hands obviously escaping deeper into the prison.

It took a few minutes to explain to the prisoners what had happened and how they needed to connect with the other group before finding suitable supplies from around the outskirts of the city allowing a quick getaway, now the gladiator sat on top of his horse with the sleeping body of Evridiki as he spoke instructions as a translator for a group of elves and suggesting tactics and ways of getting to a safe haven before allowing the large group of people all tired of walking and dragging materials to set up a rather large camp of which Viserys stayed in the middle in a large tent talking to a rather large armoured man and a thin scrawny mage with thin framed glasses quite heatedly "If your suggesting attacking the city its a mistake, why go back to prison when theres a chance to go over the desert to survive!" causing a murmer to go over the crowd until they dispersed from the tent allowing the tired man to pour himself a glass of wine and drink while rubbing his head with a large sigh "When did I become a god damn politician"

Evridiki

Character Info
A million images filled Evri's head as she lay passed out on the ground. Mostly of her parents, and fire, and many different strangers she had met along her journey. Vaguely, she could feel herself being lifted onto a horse. She could hear some people talking, and she had opened her eyes once to see the blurry picture of a crowd gathering, though she passed out once more soon after. The amount of mana that had been used in unlocked her fully angelic genes had taken a tremendous toll on her, as well as put her out of her right mind. It reminded her of why she refused to do it. Whatever that thing was, however, had taken control of her, and probably Viserys, too, and she remembered slaying the guards and their horrified screams and–

The visions shocked her awake. Evri bolted upright, eyes frantically scanning her surroundings to find out where she had been taken to. Upon seeing that she was in a rather large tent, her first thought was that she had been captured. But there were no bindings anywhere on her, and not even a guard in sight. Though her sight was still a bit bleary, she could make out the form of a familiar figure. "Vis…?" she asked, her voice hoarse. A headache pounded at the back of her skull, causing her to groan in pain. Slowly, she stood up, wobbling a bit because of her dizziness, but quickly regaining her balance.

"Where are we?" The half-angel did not recognize her environment, but she assumed they were safe. The noise of other people bustling about floated into the tent, and Evri hesitantly lifted the entrance to the tent to see a well-made camp full of escaped prisoners. "You got… all of them…" she stated in relief, her wings drooping heavily.

sircrumpet

Character Info
He down his wine when the Angel shot up before holding her arm as she stood "I haven't been called that in many years" his eyes with bags underneath not trying to hide the nights he hadnt slept as he frowned at the Angel "I know what you're thinking, what happened in the Prison?" taking a deep breath he continued "It was an illusion, you were talking about bandits, by the time we scared the guards away you were knocked out, so whatever you saw or did it never happened okay?" fully deciding to lie to her about what she did to the guards as he heard the echoes of their screams while they slowly burnt to death.

When the sun slowly filtered into the tent he covered his eyes with a pained look "I sometimes forget how many of them are out there, been to busy lately with maps and idiots" before rolling out the map on the makeshift desk made of a bunch of chests "Where we are is unknown, all we know is the heat is kicking our ass and the one well we have for water isn't producing enough and the prisoners themselves well they were hestitate until I put a sword through a image of my own daughter" Vis said coldy while pouring two glasses of wine and handed one to Evri "Wanna talk about why when you used your magic you knocked your self out for so many days?" sitting down putting his feet up and reading a scroll about plans for the next camp location mumbiling about how he perferred fighting bandits than signing paper.

Evridiki

Character Info
Evridiki looked back at him, still too tired to do anything other than nod and give him a sad glance. "I'm so sorry you had to do that," she whispered, accepting the glass from his hand and walking over to view the map. "I'm sorry." Although unsure of what she was accomplishing by repeating the phrase, she thought she owed it to Viserys to apologize. She wasn't a very good teammate, or even a great leader. But she didn't want to fight anymore. Sipping at the wine, she studied the map. If she could look around at their location, she could probably find where exactly they were. At least she was good enough for that. "We're probably still close to town, though it seems the guards would've attacked by now if so," she mused, tracing around the area with a finger.

At his question, Evri let out a deep sigh and set down her glass. Days? Her powers have likely grown from when she last used them, but that was too long to be unconscious. Turning, she looked at him with a deadpan expression, leaning against the chests. "I'm not a full angel. Half of my genes are human," she explained, staring at her hands. "But I possess the ability to suppress all of the human in me, allowing my extremely powerful and volatile angelic nature to take control." She chuckled darkly, simply because she had no idea what else to do. "It takes all of my mana for just a few minutes, and I lose all sense of mercy." Angels, at least the ones from which she was descended, had a natural lack of emotion, so that they could make decisions based on justice. They were all so cold and distant, which was why there weren't very many half-angels wandering about. "…are you sure I didn't kill anyone?" The question left her mouth just as soon as one of the former prisoners frantically ran into the tent. "Sir! A fight near the well!"

sircrumpet

Character Info
He found that answer unacceptable as the gladiator flicked her forehead roughly with a small frown "Well we can't have that now, can we? Im meant to be the cruel one in this partnership" after she continued a prisoner ran in complaining about a fight at the only water source in camp causing him to grumble and run a hand down his face before downing his wine "First of all, no luckily a prisoner bludgeoned you with a piece of rubble causing you to avoid any killing"an obvious lie but the Angel had never seen or heard him lie so what was the risk of a white lie, "Second, Evri how about we go for a walk through the camp?" smirking opening the tent flaps allowing the previous prisoner to lead them to a makeshift well made of mud and straw while a crowd of men and women seemed to grow around a beaten adult… no, a boy no older than sixteen dress head to toe in the guard uniform being kicked or having stones thrown at him as he tried to crawl into a ball.

It didn't take long for Vis to slowly walk through the crowd roughly shoving his way to the centre "Whos the ringleader?" quietly escaped his lips but yet the crowd seemed to hang onto every word he uttered as a chubby man walked in happily laughing "The Great Slayer, come down from his tent to join in on our justice" the man went to put a hand on Viserys arm before it was stopped by being grabbed roughly by the wrist and pushed away, "What kind of justice is this to be precise? the guard is a mere child, he wields no sword against you and did he kill your friends back at the city?" reaching up and grabbing the fat man's chin with his whole hand before whispering "I don't need stones, or a group to butcher a pig like you" Viserys then quickly recoiled in disgust as the smell of urine flooded his nose throwing the man back "Seriously? that was the person you chose to follow a animal who wets himself?" with that the crowd dispersed allowing guards to pick up the guard to which the gladiator spooned a handful of water into his mouths whispering "Rest now, we'll talk later, take him to my tent" as the guards took of being careful not to hurt the guardsboy. he looked at Evridiki "Was I too harsh? I mean they stood against me, it's lucky they weren't killed on the spot".

Evridiki

Character Info
"Come on, you aren't that cruel," she responded, setting down her cup. Evri frowned at his explanation. She had a hunch that he was lying, though she couldn't prove anything, especially since she had not known him for very long. Still, being such an awful liar herself, she considered herself fairly good at detecting when someone was hiding the truth. But she did not push the subject, instead silently following Viserys through the camp towards the well. A few prisoners lingered in tents, carrying on conversation with happy expressions. Despite their previous desperate positions, they seemed to be getting along fine under Vis's leadership. It made her lips twist up into a smile, thinking of how at least some good had occurred while she had slept. However, the grin was quickly replaced once she caught sight of the roaring crowd they were approaching.

The boy was young, she could tell, though the swollen bruises and cuts on his face made him appear older. While Vis dealt with the worm of a leader, Evri knelt beside the boy, gently examining his body for anymore wounds. Luckily, he seemed to be alright, and he seemed grateful for their intervention, causing the half-angel to wonder what had snapped him out of the trance each guard was under. She smiled at him, eyes bright with reassurance, until the camp guards came to take him to the tent. Standing, her steely gaze following the chubby troublemaker as he slinked away. "If it were me, I would've locked him up. So I don't think that was too harsh at all," she replied, arms crossed. Her gaze shifted over to him, studying his face. He looked tired, like he had been running things non-stop with little help.

"You look like hell, Vis," Evri chuckled dryly. "Though I'm probably not one to talk." She was never one for needless optimism, but after so much pandemonium over the last couple of days, she figured that even her small bit of humor would be welcome. "That boy seemed to be unaffected by the curse. Do you think it's beginning to wear off?" Swiveling her head in the direction of town, she searched for any sign of smoke coming from the arena. There was nothing but a clear sky. "What if some of these people don't want to go back? What if they can't?" She looked at Vis with a questioning glance. Most of the people here were locals, but even they might be too traumatized by the event to return home. Some of them probably didn't have a home to return to. Viserys had been the makeshift leader of this camp, but she wasn't sure if he wanted to stay that way. And she wasn't sure that the rest would make it on their own. "This camp could be all some people have left."

sircrumpet

Character Info
He rolled his eyes with a smirk before pushing a finger to her lips "Shush, you know I don't have the genes of a beautiful Angel" however it didnt ease the tension he felt on his shoulders as he watched the guards lead the beaten guard away "There has been word from certain prisoners that the gods doing this has retreated back, so it would explain why they are starting to leave the city" Vis started walking and greeting people and taking time to joke with a few kids that had escaped with their families during the night before speaking with her again "In all honesty I was planning on dumping leadership on you when you woke up" the gladiator let out a grin before heading into the tent to find a pile of scrolls piled onto the makeshift desk as he swore under his breath.

It didnt take long until he had a wine poured and watching two people bicker about rules and politics until one stood up saying "Sir Serpentine, I sorely request your opinion on the location we can share food between the camp equally instead of making them buy it with the money they escaped with" causing Vis to sit up quickly coughing having no clue what was going out due to zoning out before saying "First, dont call me Serpentine again my name is simply Viserys, Second…" he looked at Evri with an evil aura "Why dont you answer the man's request my dearest partner" as Vis went back to drinking and watching the young guard sleep and being given first aid by one of the few doctors that had come to help them over the few days.

The gladiator quickly slipped out while the two men still bickered to the Angel as he sat next to the young guard who started to stir, "Shhhh be gentle you got hurt quite a lot" the boy nodded nervously "I…I'm sorry sir, b..b..but I came to help you" this caused the man to chuckle loudly looking down at him "don't act so formal to us, and don't feel guilty for what happened from the look of you, your still green to the whole fighting scene" Vis then dropped into silence looking over the kids dark brown hair and piercing green eyes as he mumbled "You kinda look like me when I was a kid, however, you still have that innocence that I lost many cycles ago and if you really want to help theres a spare tent next door that you can use and go out tomorrow to mine for water" the guard saluted before whispering "My name is Edward" slapping him on the back Vis spoke gently "Names Vis, dont use any of the nicknames the others use it's embarrasing" leading the kid outside watching him jog off to the tent to hopefully change from his armour before pointing back at Evri "Im allowed to have faveritism since im in charge" having a small slight smile on his lips.

Evridiki

Character Info
Evridiki followed him back to his tent, considering the fact that perhaps the gods had backed down. She imagined it was of their own accord rather than from the pleas of mortals– perhaps they had become satisfied with the death count. Taking a stance of protection over the resting boy, she watched the two men argue in boredom. If they would take a moment to calm down and think rationally, they would actually come to an agreement quite easily. The entire conversation seemed to hardly affect Viserys up until the stockier of the two addressed him as "Serpentine". Evri raised an eyebrow, but nodded and switched places with her partner, crossing her arms in front of the debaters. The two of them argued for a bit more before she eventually began to get a headache. "Quiet!" Evri commanded, red eyes burning through their heads.

"Let whoever still has money keep it; we'll use our own funds to purchase food for the time being,"
 she stated firmly, her stern gaze deterring either of them from arguing with her. "The land to the east of camp is fairly fertile. One of you go find out if we can use it as temporary farmland." One of them opened his mouth to object, but she stepped forward, hand on her sword and wings menacingly extended. They left without complaint. As she turned her attention to the other two, Evri was relieved to see the former guard was awake and well. Smiling at him as he sprinted from the tent with newfound energy, her eyes flicked over to where Vis stood, seemingly more relaxed, commenting, "You act like a father." No wonder he missed his daughter so much; the man had a natural paternal instinct that so few men had,

Slowly, she walked over to the small cot she had woken up on and sat down, resting her arms across her knees. "The camp can't stay here, in any case," she mused, scratching at the shaved portion of her head. "We'll need to move it towards Vada, then possibly think about making it a permanent settlement…" Her thoughts trailed off, leaving Evri to stare blankly at the canvas of the tent for a few moments. She glanced up at Vis with a look of exasperation. "Maintaining this will be difficult, but if we have more people like that boy around, I think it's doable." Smirking at the gladiator, she added, "But it's too much for one person."