Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 AM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

All he could do was chuckle at the scene knowing how easily she got drunk due to being the method of keeping her asleep while they travelled to the camp and the time back at the shack in the city before raising a hand at the bartender to stop his worrying  Vis walked towards the singing crowd taking hold of one of Evri's hand "A dance for the road?" quickly pulling her into a awkwardly done chant and dance which quickly dissolvedinto laughing fits on his half and poking of her head "We started hating eachother, and now im dreading leaving!" 

Deity knows how long the chanting and cheap ale went on for but Viserys clearly knew that the Angel was politely put hammered as he got a crowd full of moans when he lead her to the Inns bedrooms which the bartender let them have "Before you say it, yes the random people did like you because you are the only female here" he replied to her previous statement before going back to lightly humming her hymn and dragging the women to the room which was small but big enough to settle her down on a chair, "You know the only reason I gave you Ale is that it makes the goodbye easier right?" the gladiator started laughing running a hand through his hair "You see why Im going after this kid with the mana, isnt for power or safety the dead guy once said that all hosts were related some way so maybe he's family I dunno?". it took him a few extra minutes to pack his items into the old rucksack before crouching before her "And so here I am, It would only take a word for you to convince me to travel with you but at the moment I'm broken" he had learnt in whispering gently into her ear before leaning down and lightly kissing her and helping her to the bed "Till next time Angel".

The patrons seemed confused to see him back down with his bag before they nodded their heads fondly each saying their drunken goodbyes with many hugs and cheers apparently the legend of the 'The Great Slayer' had made it this far which annoyed the man immensely before asking the bartender for the package of plate armour he asked for which the grizzled man slid over each piece of the metal decorated lightly with patterns like the wind nodding at the art, he paid for all the ale and room before asking the man politely to look after his compainion before heading out into the night to ride off with his freshly rested horse into the desert beyond.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:26 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evri chuckled dryly as she was offered the drink, thinking of how she really didn't enjoy the taste of ale as much as others did. Nevertheless, she accepted it and drank along with him, already beginning to feel its effects on her mind. "I guess that is something that might require your help," she noted, watching the amber liquid swirl inside her mug. The tavern was small and unkept, almost falling apart due to the sheer lack of visitors the town had. "I hope whoever it is ends up alright." Her voice was much more bold and clear than it had been after the rough days of imprisonment and violence. It was probably the alcohol, if she had to guess. As her mug was refilled, she hesitated to drink anymore, aware of how little it took to get herself drunk. But, if this truly was the last time she'd see Vis, Evri decided to let herself loose a little, and she started downing her ale with vigor.

Once she finished taking a swig of her drink, she coughed a little and glanced over at Viserys. "Actually, I've got something I need to do when I leave here," she stated, red eyes burning as the drink took hold of her. "My friend who sent me to Eyota… I have to tell her about her fiancé." Tensely, her hand balled into a fist on the counter, until she burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. A tear rolled down her cheek, but her sadness was now forgotten. The giggles died down, and she patted Vis on the back with her wing, placing a grip on his shoulder. "Sorry, sorry," she apologized, though the amusement in her voice was still present. "I don't know what's so funny!" The other bar patrons were giving her strange looks, so that somehow made her laugh even more.

Tightening her grip on him, Evri leaned in, so close her breath blew on his cheek, and whispered, "I think they like me~" Then, pulling away abruptly, the half-angel went over and disturbed the one other table of guests, who mostly seemed confused yet entertained by her clear lack of tolerance. She did, however, get dirty looks from the bartender. His stare turned to the gladiator, clearly expecting him to do something to contain this woman. Evri just carried on, loudly singing an old angelic hymn she remembered as she wrapped her arms around the people's necks. After a few verses, they (sort of) started to catch on and joined in, until the entire Inn echoed with the annoying sounds of drunken singing.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He looked down at himself noticing how little armour he was wearing as well "I guess that's for the best, I never truly found all the stuff the guards took from me and the leather set they gave me fits crudely" Vis let out a sigh after half a days ride, he had asked the guards to gather a sled like device atleast to make the journey easier which seemed to sail over their heads, allowing his bare feet to touch the ground letting his toes run through it peacefully before uncorking a bottle and downing half a bottle of water handing it to the Angel as she floated back down.

Starting to walk through the sand with the horse behind "Adeluna is the resting place of a person I knew when he finally left this realm the glyph planted on the skin of each user of his mana broke" the gladiator spoke waving a hand tilting his head back to glance at Evri to make sure she understood "Which means the last host he had now is a target for anyone wanting the power for themselves, which is why I have to go teach him to hide it before the mana inside him either explodes or turns into a rift to the outer planes, the one where that ex-deity met the world eater" he went silent quietly listeining to the wind before taking a intake of air "Im guessing your sticking to your plan then? off to find the deity that caused all this and do something about it?".

They walked for a few more minutes before mounting up and reaching the town at nightfall which caused Vis to enter an Inn ordering the cheapest Ale he could get passing a tankard to the winged companion "Its not as if I blame you really, its what I want to do after the Reaper claimed Edward's young life but even with me duty takes place over such things as revenge" taking a long drink to think about his next line before resting his hand against the solid wooden table "Perhaps we shall meet again in the future or next life, since it sounds like we'll be taking different routes" he spoke almost as like the mission he would be going on would end in his life being taken but yet the idea of it seemed to ease him after seeing so much pain and suffering over the few years he had his freedom maybe dying saving the realm and being forgotten would be best. Vis hadn't even noticed how long he'd been daydreaming about his plans until lifting the mug up to notice the lack of Ale before raising his hand to get a refill for them both, "But at least stay for another drink then you can keep the horse I lent you" the gladiator smirked at his unlikely partner.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evridiki allowed the gladiator to drag her along towards the horses, sensing his intense anger and frustration. He wanted them to abandon the camp, but she wasn't so sure that would be a good idea. Before answering him, she pulled her arms up to her chest and crossed them, turning to one of the more faithful guards that had been loyal to Viserys. Gently, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Pack up the camp and head towards the Valley of Vada," she instructed, and he listened with a focused gaze. "Leave behind any trouble, and good luck." Nodding, they turned away from each other, and Evri hopped onto the back of one of the horses. Her red eyes looked quizzically at Viserys, wondering what could be so important that he needed to go to Adeluna. 

"Only if I can but some new armor along the way," she stated, adjusting her wings to shield her face against the blinding sun. A few people began shouting, clearly trying to fight back because of Vis's actions. Concerned, Evri motioned her head towards the desert in the distance. "But we'd better hurry." Her voice was hushed, but the stillness was soon broken by the sounds of muffled hoofbeats on the burning sand. The half-angel had every confidence that Viserys was behind her, matching her pace. Reaching a safe distance from the camp took a bit longer than expected, given that horses were not an ideal method of travel on sand. Scorching afternoon heat beat down upon them by the time Evri stopped to rest.

Wiping a hand across her forehead, she got off of the horse's back, squinting as she searched for a small town she knew was near. Evri extended her wings and flew upwards to get a better view of the land. The town was just south of their location, and near enough for them to reach by sundown. "There's a small village nearby. We should make it there by nightfall," she informed Viserys while she floated down, immediately taking a hold of her horse's lead so that it would not run away. Raising an eyebrow at the man, she dusted off the sand from her pants. "So, what's in Adeluna?" she asked casually, eyeing the glyph on his arm.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

The gladiator's fingers slowly circled the top of his glass watching the puddle of blood intently for any paths he could have taken to avoid the fate of the young boy, maybe it would have been best of just denied Edward entry to the camp sending him back to the savage city they had escaped from, this deep thought meant the stack of paper on his desk went untouched for most of the night as he drowned his anger and sorrows with weak wine before he snapped pushing the stack of scrolls into the fire pit before him causing embers to slowly float out lighting his disgusted face as he poured the remenats over the fire causing it to sizzle out before he decided to simply wrap a cloak round himself and heading out while the people slumbered so he could either find more beverages or simply hack away at a straw figure.

Morning came quicker than expected while Vis was in his drunken state, and of course, the act of slashing and badly destroying all the training equipment caused him great pleasure as he scanned across his work cupping his head holding back a headache before hearing the echoing of shouts in the distance even the sound of the prisoners bickering this early in the morning caused him irritation letting loose a sigh he took stead towards the arugement catching glimpse of the angel stab a man before all eyes collapsed on him as he slowly walked over to the well slowly pouring a ladle of water into his mouth and spitting it out before soaking his face to try a regain a sense of normality as he took a step on the makeshift wooden stage and pulling the blade out of the rude mouthed man with his bare hands leaving a gash on his palm, "Dont speak harshly of the actions of saviours, it'll come back to bite you alot like the people you see before you in the stocks" he waved his hand to display the men from last night beaten heavily causing black eyes and teeth to be missing before Vis drew a sword as one of the captives begged "Please atleast let us pray to the deities for our travels" a twitch of an eyebrow was the only reply the man got as a reply before the warrior reached down and with strong hands grabbed his chin "Did you Edward time to pray? Do you believe Dalanesca will judge you any different for your sins?" raising the blade so it protruding out his skull with a sickening sound as the other guards swung down taking the lives of the other criminals as Vis stood up to face the crowd with anger in his eyes "Fuck the deities! Two of them tried to kill you all and yet you stand in their folly! and the others stood by and simply watched as priests and other honourable people died! what sort of goddess of love lets people who devote themselves to her teachings be slaughtered by such evil intent" he tore of his breastplate leaving him simply in a linen shirt throwing it to the crowd "Your cowards afraid of death like the men we killed today, yet you still see it fit to judge others who fought for you by their shortcomings then you all don't deserve a better life or a leader who would take you there".

It was either through shock or pure anger that the crowd didnt echo the word as he dragged the angel back to the main tent where a pair of horses, beutifaully blonde in colour and manes of pure white, stood still neighing with heavy supplies in place allowing the two to leave imeditately before the other prisoners took heed to what was happening "If you'll join me, I'm heading to Canelux I sense a boy needs to speak with someone about overwhelming power" looking down at a broken glpyh on his skin that pulsed blue with a lack of magic, "The old fool seriously died huh?".

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:06 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Her brief moment of reprieve was short-lived. When Viserys left her compartment of the tent, Evri really did try to get some sleep, but after being in a slight coma for the past few days, she was simply not eager to go back to dreaming. So she was awake when she heard the ruffians enter. For a second, the half-angel considered joining Vis to provide him with support, but then she heard the pudgy ringleader from before call her a mass murderer. Her blood ran cold, and she paused with her hand hovering above the flap leading to the main area before slowly pulling it away. Evri wasn't necessarily upset with him– she knew why he lied– but now she knew the truth. She would live with the blood of innocents on her hands for the rest of her life. The guilt weighed her down to the floor. If she could cry, she would've. But her sorrow quickly turned to anger as she heard of what the brutes did to Edward. 

Her eyes dulled with rage while she waited for Viserys to be done with them. Evri entered the main compartment with fury in her gaze, though not directed at Vis. She scowled at the trail of blood leading out of the tent, balling her hands into fists to keep herself from setting the entire place on fire. "Death was too good for him," she spat, feathers ruffling as her tension built. "I hope the Reaper tortures his soul in the afterlife. I hope he burns!" She shouted, small flames flicking around her knuckles. Snapping her head around to look at Viserys, she suddenly regained her composure. The boy's death had probably impacted him a great deal, and she couldn't afford to have the one stable person in the camp begin to unhinge. "Vis, it wasn't your fault," she stated, knowing fully well that he wasn't going to accept it. "Those men are horrible people, and they are the ones responsible." Hesitating, Evri rested a hand on his shoulder and stared him sternly in the eyes. "Please…" With a short pause, she pursed her lips in thought. "Other people need you."

With that, she released him and sulked back into the room with the cot and laid there until morning, getting no more rest that night. When the first bit of sunlight began to peak through the cracks in the tent, Evri sighed and got up, rubbing a hand through her feathery hair. As she exited the tent, she took note of the rowdy group of people near the center of camp. The guards were doing their best to keep them contained, but they were clearly having trouble. Taking her sword, the half-angel approached the group with an air of authority. A few caught sight of her and quieted down, but some of the more vocal men began to taunt her. "Look, it's the angel of death!" one jeered, sneering at her with disgust. In one swift movement, her blade entered his shoulder and evoked a piercing screech from the stocky man. Leaning in close, Evri glared at him. "Is mocking me really in your best interests right now?" she snarled, twisting the sword before jerking it from his body. Her eyes passed over the rest of the men, who had been scared into silence. "We're allowing you to live. I would suggest showing a little more gratitude," she stated in a booming voice, then turned her back and began to traverse through the camp.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Viserys slowly walked over to the cot and sat down "In my head i'm still a father" he then unrolled an old looking scroll with a drawing of a map pointing to Vada "The water situation is too harsh and food will run out the more people we take on, so I suggest taking them to an oasis just outside of Vada where there's enough water and grassland for them to survive and have a start of a life" waiting for her to finish he put a hand on top of the Angel's giving it a squeeze looking into her eye's "get some rest Evri, one more sleepless night for me won't stop me" standing a walking through the flap back to the main compartment of the tent.

It didn't take long for a prisoner to walk through and Vis was just expecting a complaint about food or water but as he saw the chubby ringleader push his way in the gladiator could already feel irritation rise in his head as the man spoke slowly "I heard rumours that the Angel is a mass murderer" with a sigh he continued writing ignoring the idiot before placing the scroll on a pile and looking up "Arent we all? we all fought and killed to survive?" more men filtered in with looks of disgust and hatred as the ringleader spoke again "The problem is that she's not human and if she turns against us who would stop them, maybe the guard you let live here?" even the mention of the guard caused Vis to stand up pushing the chair back "is that a threat? would you really like to test me today?" his eyes widened as the severed ear dropped into the sand beneath them "A Threat is something we havent already done… I want you to know that filth squealed like we hope the winged shit will" without hesitation Viserys stood up and walked over grabbing the man not even bothering about the other men surrounding him before whispering lightly "I once said I didn't need a weapon to butcher you" allowing a fist to glow blue summoning a small strength spell to plunge a hand into his chest and slowly pulling his chest open like a door causing the men around to recoil or throw up before sprinting out.

When he got back to the desk all he could do was flop down staring at the ear with a pained look on his face "You did this… you allowed them to die" inhaling a shaky breath before pouring a cup of wine holding the cup with a bloody hand before downing it "Edward… I shouldn't of let you out of this tent but they wont get to do that again to anyone!" slamming his free fist on the table and calling guards to come in the tent watching the shock on their face seeing the body of the ringleader laying lifeless as he spoke coldy "The men that were with him, I want them gathered up in the center of town and left behind when we leave tomorrow with no items, no water and no food" as the guards left with quick steed one of them dragged the corpse out leaving Viserys alone with his thoughts.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evridiki followed him back to his tent, considering the fact that perhaps the gods had backed down. She imagined it was of their own accord rather than from the pleas of mortals– perhaps they had become satisfied with the death count. Taking a stance of protection over the resting boy, she watched the two men argue in boredom. If they would take a moment to calm down and think rationally, they would actually come to an agreement quite easily. The entire conversation seemed to hardly affect Viserys up until the stockier of the two addressed him as "Serpentine". Evri raised an eyebrow, but nodded and switched places with her partner, crossing her arms in front of the debaters. The two of them argued for a bit more before she eventually began to get a headache. "Quiet!" Evri commanded, red eyes burning through their heads.

"Let whoever still has money keep it; we'll use our own funds to purchase food for the time being,"
 she stated firmly, her stern gaze deterring either of them from arguing with her. "The land to the east of camp is fairly fertile. One of you go find out if we can use it as temporary farmland." One of them opened his mouth to object, but she stepped forward, hand on her sword and wings menacingly extended. They left without complaint. As she turned her attention to the other two, Evri was relieved to see the former guard was awake and well. Smiling at him as he sprinted from the tent with newfound energy, her eyes flicked over to where Vis stood, seemingly more relaxed, commenting, "You act like a father." No wonder he missed his daughter so much; the man had a natural paternal instinct that so few men had,

Slowly, she walked over to the small cot she had woken up on and sat down, resting her arms across her knees. "The camp can't stay here, in any case," she mused, scratching at the shaved portion of her head. "We'll need to move it towards Vada, then possibly think about making it a permanent settlement…" Her thoughts trailed off, leaving Evri to stare blankly at the canvas of the tent for a few moments. She glanced up at Vis with a look of exasperation. "Maintaining this will be difficult, but if we have more people like that boy around, I think it's doable." Smirking at the gladiator, she added, "But it's too much for one person."

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He rolled his eyes with a smirk before pushing a finger to her lips "Shush, you know I don't have the genes of a beautiful Angel" however it didnt ease the tension he felt on his shoulders as he watched the guards lead the beaten guard away "There has been word from certain prisoners that the gods doing this has retreated back, so it would explain why they are starting to leave the city" Vis started walking and greeting people and taking time to joke with a few kids that had escaped with their families during the night before speaking with her again "In all honesty I was planning on dumping leadership on you when you woke up" the gladiator let out a grin before heading into the tent to find a pile of scrolls piled onto the makeshift desk as he swore under his breath.

It didnt take long until he had a wine poured and watching two people bicker about rules and politics until one stood up saying "Sir Serpentine, I sorely request your opinion on the location we can share food between the camp equally instead of making them buy it with the money they escaped with" causing Vis to sit up quickly coughing having no clue what was going out due to zoning out before saying "First, dont call me Serpentine again my name is simply Viserys, Second…" he looked at Evri with an evil aura "Why dont you answer the man's request my dearest partner" as Vis went back to drinking and watching the young guard sleep and being given first aid by one of the few doctors that had come to help them over the few days.

The gladiator quickly slipped out while the two men still bickered to the Angel as he sat next to the young guard who started to stir, "Shhhh be gentle you got hurt quite a lot" the boy nodded nervously "I…I'm sorry sir, b..b..but I came to help you" this caused the man to chuckle loudly looking down at him "don't act so formal to us, and don't feel guilty for what happened from the look of you, your still green to the whole fighting scene" Vis then dropped into silence looking over the kids dark brown hair and piercing green eyes as he mumbled "You kinda look like me when I was a kid, however, you still have that innocence that I lost many cycles ago and if you really want to help theres a spare tent next door that you can use and go out tomorrow to mine for water" the guard saluted before whispering "My name is Edward" slapping him on the back Vis spoke gently "Names Vis, dont use any of the nicknames the others use it's embarrasing" leading the kid outside watching him jog off to the tent to hopefully change from his armour before pointing back at Evri "Im allowed to have faveritism since im in charge" having a small slight smile on his lips.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

"Come on, you aren't that cruel," she responded, setting down her cup. Evri frowned at his explanation. She had a hunch that he was lying, though she couldn't prove anything, especially since she had not known him for very long. Still, being such an awful liar herself, she considered herself fairly good at detecting when someone was hiding the truth. But she did not push the subject, instead silently following Viserys through the camp towards the well. A few prisoners lingered in tents, carrying on conversation with happy expressions. Despite their previous desperate positions, they seemed to be getting along fine under Vis's leadership. It made her lips twist up into a smile, thinking of how at least some good had occurred while she had slept. However, the grin was quickly replaced once she caught sight of the roaring crowd they were approaching.

The boy was young, she could tell, though the swollen bruises and cuts on his face made him appear older. While Vis dealt with the worm of a leader, Evri knelt beside the boy, gently examining his body for anymore wounds. Luckily, he seemed to be alright, and he seemed grateful for their intervention, causing the half-angel to wonder what had snapped him out of the trance each guard was under. She smiled at him, eyes bright with reassurance, until the camp guards came to take him to the tent. Standing, her steely gaze following the chubby troublemaker as he slinked away. "If it were me, I would've locked him up. So I don't think that was too harsh at all," she replied, arms crossed. Her gaze shifted over to him, studying his face. He looked tired, like he had been running things non-stop with little help.

"You look like hell, Vis," Evri chuckled dryly. "Though I'm probably not one to talk." She was never one for needless optimism, but after so much pandemonium over the last couple of days, she figured that even her small bit of humor would be welcome. "That boy seemed to be unaffected by the curse. Do you think it's beginning to wear off?" Swiveling her head in the direction of town, she searched for any sign of smoke coming from the arena. There was nothing but a clear sky. "What if some of these people don't want to go back? What if they can't?" She looked at Vis with a questioning glance. Most of the people here were locals, but even they might be too traumatized by the event to return home. Some of them probably didn't have a home to return to. Viserys had been the makeshift leader of this camp, but she wasn't sure if he wanted to stay that way. And she wasn't sure that the rest would make it on their own. "This camp could be all some people have left."

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:29 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He found that answer unacceptable as the gladiator flicked her forehead roughly with a small frown "Well we can't have that now, can we? Im meant to be the cruel one in this partnership" after she continued a prisoner ran in complaining about a fight at the only water source in camp causing him to grumble and run a hand down his face before downing his wine "First of all, no luckily a prisoner bludgeoned you with a piece of rubble causing you to avoid any killing"an obvious lie but the Angel had never seen or heard him lie so what was the risk of a white lie, "Second, Evri how about we go for a walk through the camp?" smirking opening the tent flaps allowing the previous prisoner to lead them to a makeshift well made of mud and straw while a crowd of men and women seemed to grow around a beaten adult… no, a boy no older than sixteen dress head to toe in the guard uniform being kicked or having stones thrown at him as he tried to crawl into a ball.

It didn't take long for Vis to slowly walk through the crowd roughly shoving his way to the centre "Whos the ringleader?" quietly escaped his lips but yet the crowd seemed to hang onto every word he uttered as a chubby man walked in happily laughing "The Great Slayer, come down from his tent to join in on our justice" the man went to put a hand on Viserys arm before it was stopped by being grabbed roughly by the wrist and pushed away, "What kind of justice is this to be precise? the guard is a mere child, he wields no sword against you and did he kill your friends back at the city?" reaching up and grabbing the fat man's chin with his whole hand before whispering "I don't need stones, or a group to butcher a pig like you" Viserys then quickly recoiled in disgust as the smell of urine flooded his nose throwing the man back "Seriously? that was the person you chose to follow a animal who wets himself?" with that the crowd dispersed allowing guards to pick up the guard to which the gladiator spooned a handful of water into his mouths whispering "Rest now, we'll talk later, take him to my tent" as the guards took of being careful not to hurt the guardsboy. he looked at Evridiki "Was I too harsh? I mean they stood against me, it's lucky they weren't killed on the spot".

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Tue Feb 6, 2018 9:38 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evridiki looked back at him, still too tired to do anything other than nod and give him a sad glance. "I'm so sorry you had to do that," she whispered, accepting the glass from his hand and walking over to view the map. "I'm sorry." Although unsure of what she was accomplishing by repeating the phrase, she thought she owed it to Viserys to apologize. She wasn't a very good teammate, or even a great leader. But she didn't want to fight anymore. Sipping at the wine, she studied the map. If she could look around at their location, she could probably find where exactly they were. At least she was good enough for that. "We're probably still close to town, though it seems the guards would've attacked by now if so," she mused, tracing around the area with a finger.

At his question, Evri let out a deep sigh and set down her glass. Days? Her powers have likely grown from when she last used them, but that was too long to be unconscious. Turning, she looked at him with a deadpan expression, leaning against the chests. "I'm not a full angel. Half of my genes are human," she explained, staring at her hands. "But I possess the ability to suppress all of the human in me, allowing my extremely powerful and volatile angelic nature to take control." She chuckled darkly, simply because she had no idea what else to do. "It takes all of my mana for just a few minutes, and I lose all sense of mercy." Angels, at least the ones from which she was descended, had a natural lack of emotion, so that they could make decisions based on justice. They were all so cold and distant, which was why there weren't very many half-angels wandering about. "…are you sure I didn't kill anyone?" The question left her mouth just as soon as one of the former prisoners frantically ran into the tent. "Sir! A fight near the well!"

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:33 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He down his wine when the Angel shot up before holding her arm as she stood "I haven't been called that in many years" his eyes with bags underneath not trying to hide the nights he hadnt slept as he frowned at the Angel "I know what you're thinking, what happened in the Prison?" taking a deep breath he continued "It was an illusion, you were talking about bandits, by the time we scared the guards away you were knocked out, so whatever you saw or did it never happened okay?" fully deciding to lie to her about what she did to the guards as he heard the echoes of their screams while they slowly burnt to death.

When the sun slowly filtered into the tent he covered his eyes with a pained look "I sometimes forget how many of them are out there, been to busy lately with maps and idiots" before rolling out the map on the makeshift desk made of a bunch of chests "Where we are is unknown, all we know is the heat is kicking our ass and the one well we have for water isn't producing enough and the prisoners themselves well they were hestitate until I put a sword through a image of my own daughter" Vis said coldy while pouring two glasses of wine and handed one to Evri "Wanna talk about why when you used your magic you knocked your self out for so many days?" sitting down putting his feet up and reading a scroll about plans for the next camp location mumbiling about how he perferred fighting bandits than signing paper.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:48 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

A million images filled Evri's head as she lay passed out on the ground. Mostly of her parents, and fire, and many different strangers she had met along her journey. Vaguely, she could feel herself being lifted onto a horse. She could hear some people talking, and she had opened her eyes once to see the blurry picture of a crowd gathering, though she passed out once more soon after. The amount of mana that had been used in unlocked her fully angelic genes had taken a tremendous toll on her, as well as put her out of her right mind. It reminded her of why she refused to do it. Whatever that thing was, however, had taken control of her, and probably Viserys, too, and she remembered slaying the guards and their horrified screams and–

The visions shocked her awake. Evri bolted upright, eyes frantically scanning her surroundings to find out where she had been taken to. Upon seeing that she was in a rather large tent, her first thought was that she had been captured. But there were no bindings anywhere on her, and not even a guard in sight. Though her sight was still a bit bleary, she could make out the form of a familiar figure. "Vis…?" she asked, her voice hoarse. A headache pounded at the back of her skull, causing her to groan in pain. Slowly, she stood up, wobbling a bit because of her dizziness, but quickly regaining her balance.

"Where are we?" The half-angel did not recognize her environment, but she assumed they were safe. The noise of other people bustling about floated into the tent, and Evri hesitantly lifted the entrance to the tent to see a well-made camp full of escaped prisoners. "You got… all of them…" she stated in relief, her wings drooping heavily.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sat Feb 3, 2018 4:02 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

The anger weighed him down, a thumping in his head until he realised he was always this angry he had let down the only person he ever cared for a kept to himself letting it brew inside him like a volcano, all he really needed was a push with this sudden clarity Viserys looked down at the bodies of the ones he cut or smashed to death simply seeing guards with faces of fear frozen on their corpses even the semi sorched guards smell caused him to gag as he eyes landed on the angel laying on the floor breathing heavily from exsuastion. What had they done in the moment of distraction as his eyes flickered to the image of his daughter near the cells beckoning over with tears in her eyes "Daddy Im scared!" with a frown the gladiator walked over cupping the young girls cheek gently smiling "I know baby girl, I really wish you were here that I could hug you or comfort you" allowing a shaky breath in before continuing "But look at what you've done, my daughter never wanted this life for me hating death in every way" drawing the sharp sword from its sheath with tears in his eyes slowly pushed the blade into her stomach causing shadows to flow from the wound screaming "Why! Father! Whhhhy!" her voice slowly distorting into a sickly gurgle as Viserys shushed her slowly stroking her head as the illusion cracked and became the deformed figure of darkness fading away from his hands obviously escaping deeper into the prison.

It took a few minutes to explain to the prisoners what had happened and how they needed to connect with the other group before finding suitable supplies from around the outskirts of the city allowing a quick getaway, now the gladiator sat on top of his horse with the sleeping body of Evridiki as he spoke instructions as a translator for a group of elves and suggesting tactics and ways of getting to a safe haven before allowing the large group of people all tired of walking and dragging materials to set up a rather large camp of which Viserys stayed in the middle in a large tent talking to a rather large armoured man and a thin scrawny mage with thin framed glasses quite heatedly "If your suggesting attacking the city its a mistake, why go back to prison when theres a chance to go over the desert to survive!" causing a murmer to go over the crowd until they dispersed from the tent allowing the tired man to pour himself a glass of wine and drink while rubbing his head with a large sigh "When did I become a god damn politician"

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:47 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

That voice…Her parents' images wavered in the air, scorching burn scars covered their bodies, but Evri could still see the agonizing pain in their faces. Something in the back of her mind told her that they would never tell her to kill anyone, and she knew that. They'd never encourage her to react in violence. But she didn't care. As a rage she had not known in decades filled her mind, the red of her eyes completely spread, leaking onto her face. Her angel genes took over, shoving any human features back. With the full force of her angelic powers released, all sense of justice or mercy left her, and she was ready to kill.

One gust of her wings and she was launched forward towards the ongoing battle. Flames engulfed her body while she wielded her sword, slicing through one "bandit"'s throat and watching him burn. The others were trying to flee, but she wouldn't let them. "Maelpereji!" Evri screamed, a wall of fire hitting three of the guards. They fell to the ground, and only one remained moving. Now on the ground, the half-angel stalked over to him, where he desperately tried to crawl away despite the pain of his injuries. Scowling, she stomped on his back, causing him to whimper in pain. "You are pathetic," she muttered before stabbing her sword into his back. The man went limp.

Evridiki looked around, the amount of mana she had used was catching up with her. She saw two bandits fighting one another: one trying to run away, and one seemingly as angry as she was. She didn't care why they were fighting, but they were both going to die. Just as she approached them, however, the full force of her magical energy left her, and she collapsed to the ground, sputtering and wondering what in the hell she was doing.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:19 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He sighed quickly undoing the cage to have a sensation of fear fill him as he looked down upon a single girl with tears rolling down her face screaming filled his head as the disfigured voice echoed throughout his skull 'Help me!' all Viserys could do was back up out the cage as the image of the girl wobbled in the air like a mirage "No stop this isn't possible! She died, you died!" tears welling up as the girl lifted her head showing pointed ears and green eyes, her skin pale like a ghost reaching out for the Gladiator 'They did this to me' her voice once again drilling into his head like a chisel, the anger he had felt before didn't match him as he stared at the guards who seemed to change in a blur of vision to resemble Vampires.

The roar of anger was only the start as he threw his sword away with a clatter and ripping the Warhammer off his back with unknown strength as Viserys' body glowed with his spells active upon him as he charged at the nearest illusioned guard crashing the hammer upon his head to the wall crushing it like a grape in a vice "You did this! You hurt my everything! you tore her limb from limb like the beasts you are!" his next swing was easily dodged due to the blurring of vision from the tears pouring down his face, the blow still resulting a crater in wall as the 'Vampire' tried to back away he swung again catching him in chest simply crushing his organs with a terrified look on his face "Coward Hunters! Fight me!" the gladiator screamed.

However, in this time long claws reached round the jail door allowing a layer of fog to seep across the stone as voices echoed in the Angels head 'They did this to us' her parent stood beaten and bruised 'Those bandits took you from us, and murdered us' the guards images wobbled in the air until forming into the men she had killed that night each one with a sickening grin looking like they were enjoying the Gladiator's outburst. the cuts covering Visery's body didn't seem to slow him down but each wince or twist caused his smash to miss or cause more pain to the unrequired area almost like he was viscously swinging his hammer randomly as the beast of many faces placed a 'claw' upon the Angels shoulder and whispered into her head 'Kill them all'

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:21 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

The slap hit her before she knew what was happening. It stung a little, but it wasn't anything she had not felt before. As she listened to him rant about how she brought her situation upon herself, Evri rolled her eyes as rage filled her. She wondered if this was truly him, or if the town's effects were taking hold of him, but wither way, she wanted to give him a piece of her mind. She almost did, but he was shoving her forward without telling her the plan just as quickly as he'd blown up at her. The entire situation was giving her whiplash just trying to keep up. As soon as the guards had gone, she ripped her arm from his grip and dropped the sheet from around her shoulders. To hell if she stood out; they were about to stand out anyways.

"Do you honestly think I called your daughter a thing?" Evri asked quietly, searching the walls for a key of some kind to unlock the cells of people. "If I can recall, you never told me your relation to her, and I didn't say a thing about her otherwise. I wasn't comparing myself to her. I was comparing myself to you." Her eyes landed on a key ring hanging from the hook on the wall, refusing to look at Viserys. If he wanted to fight, that was fine. She didn't need to be here for this. "Of those men who captured me… do you know how young eighteen is for an angel? I was impressionable, naive, stupid, and you're right. I can't blame anyone but myself." Tossing him the keys, she looked back at the opening. "But I only killed four men that night, ones I knew had no one." She glanced back at him, her face void of any emotion. "What about you? Did you think about those guards you killed in the arena? About how they might have children and families?"

Evri stretched her wings out as she heard the guards approach. "I'll keep them busy." Before she left, she gave him one last, sad smile and said, "And for the record, the slap did hurt." With that, she had flown out the door, sword drawn as she called the guards' attention to herself.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:42 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

His hand hit her face before even he could notice what was happening, the slap stung his hand from how hard it hit before Viserys looked at her "Don't you dare call my daughter a thing, the difference between you and her is simple she was a sweet, innocent girl who only wanted to help everyone she met. However, you are untrusting of people due to the situation you walked into by yourself do you truly believe that outcasts like us can ever find love that pure? I'm sure the thought ran through your head while that man offered you his embrace?" The gladiator didn't stop glaring "I'm sensing you killed all those men? do you think back to that night, thinking if they had a family if you just killed another child's parent just like they did to you" with his rant over he started strapping on the stolen guard's uniform before shouting "Help! Help! Patrol!".

The Disguised Gladiator tugged Evridiki out into the men's line of sight as he acted out of breath "Prisoners escaped on your watch! luckily I got this one before the others sprinted, go and catch them before our officers hear about this!" he shouted loudly allowing spittle to fly out at the shocked guards before watching them run off into the distance after the made-up escapees "If we do this and I stay calm then we have a problem… I'm trained in the arts of Berzerker the more damage or anger I allow the stronger I become until the wounds take me down, so you can act like everything is peachy between us but I just hope that slap hurt" before prying the iron grate off and climbing down into the murky green waters below.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evri's face remained stoic, save from the piercing glare that filled her eyes. He spoke of his past as though he'd gone through some trauma that no one could understand. Did he not think that she had experienced her own form of betrayal? That she also held vengeance in her heart for the man who wronged her? Shaking her head, the half-angel felt a new wave of disappointment wash over her, and she said nothing as they walked to the sewers' entrance. Viserys was just like every other man with a sad backstory, and she supposed she couldn't blame him for that. In fact, she almost felt empathy towards him for his loss. But she was not going to justify his little outburst with an apology or even a sympathetic look.

Still, his brusk tone and instructions made her realize that they couldn't work efficiently if their emotions were at odds. So she took the moment to try and fix things. "When I was eighteen, I fell in love with a man who ended up killing my parents," she began, no shred of emotion in her voice. "His caravan chained me inside a crate and shaved my hair. They cut me so they could sell my blood, used a rusty knife to remove my tear ducts…" The next bit, she hesitated. But it needed to be said. "…they clipped my wings. And they were going to kill me unless I killed them first." Evri turned her glare on him. "I'm not telling you this to earn sympathy. I'm telling you this because we all have been through awful things. So don't assume you're special because someone died." 

Her eyes scanned the opening, and she thought it would be more beneficial for them to sneak inside, then fight their way out if they had to. "We can't do this if we're angry with each other, so let it go, and let's get in there. You may not want to be a hero, but you're gonna be one today." 

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He frowned at her comment about being a hero which caused him to snap back rather aggressively "And what if I don't want to be one? I've killed people as they've slept to save a slave, I've looted bodies of the innocent that I was too late to save and I will not accept anyone trying to tell me that I'm a good person" Viserys could only breathe in quickly before continuing "I lost the one thing I cared about most to a pack of vampires the one thing I that gave me happiness, I once said to her that if anyone hurt her I would happily cut through hundreds of them just to save her and thats what I did" quickly packing the bag with a few of the items he thought would be useful he stared at her somberly and his tone seemed tired "A little Elvish Girl taught me how to speak the basics, I saved her from the same pack of Vampires that killed her, all because of a ghost that was too bitter to let me use his magic".

The walk was silent as they approached the entrance to the sewers, he crouched in the shadows watching a patrol walk through which was heavily armed with crossbows and spears perfect to catch escaping prisoners, from his guess the city knew they were escaping from here and instead of sealing the sewers up it was easier just to kill anyone who tried to leave, "However they never expect people to try and break into the prison" he thought out loud, drawing his sword he whispered to the angel "We have two opitions, sit here until we know the patrols movements, or take them out to get in easily enough but we would have to find another way out" the gladiators words were breif with the women even though it was his fault for getting angry he hadnt told anyone about how Julia died and it was still a fresh wound even if it did happen over three years ago.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:42 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

While they walked through the crowded street, a pit of sadness filled her gut. She had visited the city a few times before, always welcomed with open arms by the city's natives. Now, hardly anyone was speaking to each other, and everyone kept their heads down because no one wanted to be the next person in that arena. Tugging the sheet around her to hide her wings as best as she could, her eyes gloomily watched the worn and weary faces of a once peaceful people, waiting for Viserys to finish talking to the shopkeep. "What did he say?" she asked quietly, but he didn't respond. Instead, he shoved her into a wall and got unbearably close to her. He must have been out of his godforsaken mind if he thought he could get away with that. But just as her eyes dulled in anger and she opened her mouth to protest, he whispered, "Close your eyes, Guards incoming." Frustrated and upset, Evri forced herself to calm down, shutting her eyes and bracing for them to be noticed.

At his self-deprecating comment, she scoffed and rolled her eyes behind her eyelids. "Stories don't make you a hero, genius. And you're not the one who decides if you're a hero or not," she responded softly, before a sharp voice called out. "Hey! You two, what are you doing!" Her entire body went rigid, until Vis responded in not-so-fluent elvish and caused the guards to walk off. If he hadn't backed off at that very moment, she probably would've shoved him to the ground. "Yes, and let's try to be less, ah, noisy, this time," she replied, her voice giving away that she was obviously still tense. "Where did you learn Elvish?" she asked, reluctantly accepting the bottle of water and taking a sip. "No offense, but it wasn't very good."

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Grabbing a linen sheet that looked dirty and stained wrapping it around her back to cover her wings "it's best we don't draw attention to ourselves" as he lifted the bag of rice and crawled through the doorway to cover his eyes at the morning sun, and lead the Angel into the flowing crowd of people going shopping or heading to work keeping his head down, a skill that he learnt quickly why locked away in the arena is that mud can make anyman blend in and for many years he used it not to be picked for a fight, now he uses it to avoid enemies and even scout locations of intrest, after a long walk the sun was almost at its highest and the heat it was producing was almost on tier with the deserts he was dragged through as a kid, even in the sprawling market it was hard to find shade until they found a stall willing to buy the bag of grain and answer a few questions as the price, "I heard there was a sewer entrance that some prisoners have used to escape" The shopkeep paused "But the entrance is very open and patrols go through" Viserys thanked him turning to Evri before looking panicked as a guard patrol was heading straight for them, taking his luck he pushed the woman into the shade of a wall hopefully hiding her wings enough and tucked his head into her neck whispering "Close your eyes, Guards incoming" it felt like an eternity waiting for clanking to pass as he whispered once more "Im, not a hero, they won't write stories about me when I die you know".

Time seemed to freeze as he heard a rough voice speak out "Hey! you two what are you doing!" with a deep breath Viserys spoke quickly "Mana lambe tye oma?" badly speaking some elvish he learnt long ago from a partner he wished to forget as the guards just called him an Elvish Mongrel and continued on his way he backed off the Angel and spoke quickly "There's a sewer entrance that leads near to the prison, meaning we can scout the place for weak spots and the holding cells" trying to use his attempt to change the subject from what just happened before taking the once glass vial of the health potion out of his bag filling it from a well with a water and drinking then offering it to Evridiki, "Amazing what you can do with people's rubbish these days".

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 AM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evri raised an eyebrow as he took a swig of the rum, watching him curiously. She'd never really found the taste of alcohol to be that appealing. The only thing she could remotely handle was wine, and this was likely due to her angelic genes. Aside from her own doubts on the drink, she also wondered if it was a little early for that. But who was she to judge? She didn't even know him. Based on his cryptic comments, he seemed to have some desire to best someone. She wasn't concerned enough to ask about it. That was his business, and he'd tell her if he wanted; otherwise, she wasn't going to pry. What actually made her move from her place at the window, though, was the sight of food. Walking over to the hidden compartment, Evri picked up a piece of meat, studied it, then ate it faster than she had ever eaten anything before. "I think this is the best food I've ever tasted," she stated with her mouth full. 

Nodding in agreement to his suggestions, Evri sat in one of the chairs, staring at the map he had drawn. At his comment about her falling behind, she gave him an aggressively soft punch in the arm. "And just what makes you think I'm the one that'll fall behind?" she challenged, an expression more akin to playfulness than true anger. Still, she took the bottle and drank what little potion was left. It was extremely bitter and probably very old, but she could already feel it easing the soreness of her wing. Coughing slightly at the awful taste, she stood, stretching her arms above her head. Her body was incredibly stiff, but she wasn't about to complain. They had work to do. "Whenever you're ready," she stated, making one last sweep of the cupboards to make sure nothing of value was left behind.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Vis let out a painful groan as he tried to stand up using his hammer as a cane holding his side "Sorry, I thought I could stay up" walking over and noticing the rum and asking "You Mind?" before taking the bottle and having a mouthful with a sigh and sitting on the chair causing a cloud of dust to float up "I use to have so much magic, but it was taken from me" clenching the dry wood of the table causing it to creak under the preassure "Maybe if we solve this all out, I can prove Im stronger than him, that I could beat him" letting out a sigh as he saw the cupboards open "The house is in the poor district meaning they would of hidden grain for winter" knocking on the wall until he heard a hollow noise and pulling the plank off to show a few small bags of rice and smoked meats which caused the Gladiator to smirk at her "Pays to be poor".

Sitting back down picking at the smoked meat "Due to it being morning, there shouldn't be a lot of patrols and we can blend in with the crowd, which will allow us to find where the source of this cruel acts are coming from while heading west to free more of the prisoners" as he talked he drew into the dust of the table a rough map of the city "Perhaps we can head through the marketplace to see if we can information on where our equipment is stored too?" he then quickly pointed at the potion "Drink it up, I would hate if you fell behind" with a chuckle he stood up to being searching a fireplace and finding a fabric coal bag to what he starts to fill up with the armour he had gotten from the guards due to it having the symbol of the city on.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:20 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Sighing at the statement, Evri merely shrugged. "They think mortals have gone too soft," she responded, knowing how dangerous it was to speak ill of the deities, especially now. As he lifted her onto his back, she opened her mouth to protest, but reluctantly allowed him to take her to an old, seemingly abandoned shelter. She entered without question, albeit a bit hesitant of what exactly this place was. The boarded windows and dusty furniture made it look as though it hadn't been used for years. Was it his? Unsure, Evri observed him quizzically as he came in behind her. Her curiosity, however, was interrupted when he wrapped up her wing without so much as asking. Not that she wasn't grateful; just very cautious when it came to people touching them.

"What about your wounds?" she asked, tiredly sliding to the floor against a wall. Her eyes felt heavy, and she wasn't sure if it was the fighting or simply the overuse of her energy that had drained her so much. It wasn't necessarily important, she supposed. Even though she was prone to being independent and taking charge, she didn't do much more than give a small nod when he said he'd keep guard. "Just don't let anyone touch my sword," she mumbled as she closed her eyes, drifting off into a light sleep. 

Evri wasn't sure how long she had been asleep, but when she awoke, it was still dark, the faintest bit of early morning sunlight streaming in through the windows. Something was pressing against her, and her bleary eyes glanced over to see Viserys, fast asleep with a sword in his hand. Tensing a little, Evri, gently moved and propped him against the wall, standing to survey the room. The building consisted of one room, containing a few cupboards, some dusty chairs, and a dingy table. Obviously, it hadn't been looked after properly for quite some time. Quietly, she began rummaging through the cabinets, finding only an almost empty flask of healing potion and a bottle of rum. Only then did she realize how hungry she was, but she pushed the thought aside, moving over to a window and looking out, keeping watch outside their shelter until Vis awoke.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:59 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He covered his eyes with a hand to protect them from the bright light while listening to her explain the plan "I heard from some of the prisoners that they were transferred from other cages in the west of the city" taking time to glance at her wing to check how bad the injury was before responding once again "It makes no sense if they get respect from people why kill them? Defeats the purpose a lot" allowing himself a small grunt from hitting the ground a tad too heavy he decided to help her by lifting her up on his back "Don't Complain, tuck your wings in it should be easier to find what I'm looking for on foot" Viserys then set off whispering a quick spell of strength while wincing a bit at the pain.

It didn't take long until he found a house covered in boards and old posters letting her down off his back, he used the Hammer's shaft to pull enough of the planks to be able to crawl inside, "Its not much but the guards won't search here" allowing the Angel to crawl in first before entering the dusty house filled with poorly made furniture, using the last of his strength he ripped more cloth off his shirt and started wrapping it around her wounded wing and tying it off "Its better than nothing" while slumping to the ground next to her pulling out the shortsword he also took from a guard and stating "You need your rest, Ill keep watch until your ready" using a nearby broken brick to sharpen the blade while resting his head back and staring at the door, keeping close to Evridiki to wake her if anything alarms him. but as the hours went by his eyes felt heavy and he slowly slumped against her breathing lightly.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

"Not all angels are destined for the heavens," she replied, spotting the numerous guards closing in on their position. Evridiki considered flying down and attempting to lift him up regardless of her own wound, but she was too late to offer him a way out. The man from before– Grizzly, as he stated–sacrificed himself so that they could escape. She watched in horror as his enormous body dropped to the ground, lifeless. Tears burned at the corners of her eyes, but years of practice had taught her that she needed to remain focused until they were completely safe. Helping him onto the roof, Evri quickly stretched a hand down towards the mass of guards, concentrating her remaining mana.

"Olapireta!" she cast, a beam of light forming in her hand. The light erupted into a blinding whiteness, causing the guards to be unable to see them escape. Although she heard his anger and frustration, she knew that they needed to keep level heads if they were going to make any impact at all. Evri knelt down next to him, using her uninjured wing to support his weight. "First, we heal ourselves," she stated, furrowing her eyebrows. "We're not going to help anyone like this." As she spoke, they moved towards the edge of the roof in the shadows, stealthily avoiding any outside patrol that might have been guarding the hellish arena. "Second, we get any remaining prisoners out of here and do as much damage to this place as possible." Slowly, the sounds of patrolling guards disappeared, replaced by the quiet, almost peaceful sounds of the night.

"Then,"
 she grunted, peering down the slightly far drop to the ground, "we head towards Bohar. There's a tower there where the deities Xunatar and Dalanesca sit and watch all of this misery." With a scowl, her eyes dulled in anger. "They did this." Though she thought they were hardly a match for two divine beings, the half-angel had no doubt that others were already there, fighting against them. And, honestly, she didn't care if she died fighting them. It was as good a way to go as any. Shaking her head vigorously, she leapt off the edge, still holding onto Vis. She outstretched her wings to soften their landing in the sand, but she was already winded from even that much physical exertion. Her chest heaving, she knew that they couldn't afford to stop. "Sorry… need to keep moving," she breathed, eyes facing forward, locked on the town of Eyota Etu in the distance.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

"I know you want to save everyone" watching her small smile "But who would save you?" helping her up enough for her to take flight, he quickly took a look around the room trying to find anything to use as a boost pad or a rope, but to no avail the gladiator could only see thrown around weapons and rusty one left by the Prisoner Army.

"There's no way up!" looking round in panic hearing the clatter of boots on the hard rocks, sighing slightly looking up at her "Its funny that you look like you looking down at me from the heavens, but where I'm going is a lot further down" letting a chuckle out as he picked up a bloodied crossbow and loading it, as he saw the squad of heavily armoured men with spears turn round the corner shouting "Filth! halt right there and die like the rest!" it's at that moment where he saw a massive hand on his shoulder looking up at the huge man letting a sad smile down at the Gladiator "I'm an old man who lived his life, now get going!" Viserys clawed at the man's armour "No! I don't even know your name!" the beast of the man let out a hearty chuckle throwing Vis high enough to clamber at the metal sheet and laughing "My name is Grizzly" before the guards reached him and spears seemed to stab at each gap in his armour causing the beast to yell out in pain as Vis looked horrified before raising up the crossbow "Thank you, Grizzly" firing it and putting the man quickly out of his misery.

He looked at Evridiki with a stare "Why would he do that… Grizzly didn't have to do that" standing up with a fire in his eyes "You thought I was angry before, well now I'm furious, we track down whatever beasts did this and then we maul them until they're unrecognisable" his hand white from the grip on his Warhammer and tears in his eyes "They trusted me! and they set a distraction for a mission that could fail!" it's at this point when all the mana he had been using hit him, feeling all the exhaustion in his body dropping to his knees and coughing small amount of blood before asking the Angel "What next?"

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

She fought the guards off as best as she could, but the truth was that she was too exhausted and outnumbered to stand a chance of being successful. As she smacked the handle of her sword into one man's head, she could hear the faint noise of the building rumbling with the sounds of shouting and stomping. It seemed to distract a few of the guards, but she was still stuck on the defensive until Viserys bursted in with the other prisoners. "What in the gods' names?!" one voice called out among a few other confused comments. Even Evridiki was shocked at their sudden appearance. Luckily, the guards were soon too busy with the others to bother with her. The moment she stopped fighting, she kneeled to the ground, reaching her free hand over to touch her sore shoulder. Her left wing drooped significantly lower than the right, but she could still move it, and she suspected that she could probably still fly at least long enough to reach the ceiling.

In response to Vis lifting her off the ground, all Evri could do was stare in wonder at his act of bravery. Clearly, she had misjudged his intentions. Red eyes brightening with hope, she nodded in gratitude at both him and the large man for effectively getting rid of their attackers. "Thank you," she whispered with a mere hint of a smile in her expression. She lifted a hand up and pointed at the ceiling, where she could see the night sky peeking through in a few holes. "This area was constructed without care. I could easily break through it if I fly up there," she explained with a focused look on her face. However, something else occurred to her. "But I likely won't be able to lift you through the opening, with my… well." Evri shrugged her injured shoulder with an apologetic glance at Vis.

"Perhaps you could figure out a way while I create the exit?" she suggested, already leaving his support and preparing her wings to ascend into the air. Inspecting the roofing, she noticing that it was made of thin metal sheets stacked upon each other to be made slightly sturdier. She could break through it easily. Already beginning to tire from her lagging wing, the half-angel balled her hand into a fist, pulled back, and shot it forward. The sound of crunching metal filled the room as she punched a full stack of panels clean off the ceiling, watching it soar into the wastelands and crash into the sand. It left a pretty sizable hole that she was sure they could both fit through. Satisfied, Evri flew through and sat on the roof awaiting Viserys. "Have you found a way up?" she asked, knowing the sound would inevitably draw more guards to their location, despite the distraction of the other prisoners.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:14 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

All he could do was groan at the ceiling as she ran off to go save the day "By the Seven Hells!" and then spoke his agility spell taking off back from where they came once hearing her scream of pain, many thoughts ran through his head that the Angel wouldnt be strong enough to deal with her issue long enough for the Gladiator to get his into action or even just running for the nearest exit he could find but expelling that idea Vis charged through the rusted iron gate with a grunt watching the dirty and burnt faces of the prisoners look up at him "All I ask in exchange for your freedom is your protection!" the rag tag group of fighters stood weakly up readying their weapons, but with a feeling of dread he saw the large armoured man walk over with a grunt he spoke "We fight as one!" causing a sea of screams as they followed Viserys back to where the Angel was fighting the rest of the guards.

The sound alone echoed loudly through the empty halls, fully knowing there was no way that any guards didn't hear the roaring group as they barged around the corner watching Evridiki fighting against the guards who weren't asleep allowing Vis to raise his hammer to the air and shout "These men are not guilty of these crimes! Anyone with Shields forms a wall and start pushing them back!" even then the men and women seemed hesitant to move before the large oath of the armoured man lifted a heavy shield and started moving forwards causing others to move as well allowing Viserys enough time to shoot over and wrapping a arm round Evridiki "Up you get now, fight isn't over quite yet" he stared at the fight with a straight face as the prisoners knocked them out with little trouble and started taking clothes and equipment, "Dont ever think I would just let people die".

It took just a few moments to tie the guards up and hide in a side room, as the large man walked over with a grin "She must be silly to save these people and you must be worse to help her for nothing, but we shall serve as a distraction" causing the prisoners behind to cheer and clang their weapons together before charging off back down the hall the opposite direction allowing the Gladiator to look around the room finishing while looking at the woman "Now did you find a way out? Because we have people to save" allowing himself to smirk at her.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Evridiki scowled bitterly as Viserys mercilessly killed the remaining guards. Perhaps she had given into the intense anger flooding around the arena, but at least she had the good conscience to feel guilty about it. "No, they didn't," she responded coldly, knowing fully well how little her words meant to him. "I'm not sure what you think is happening here, but allow me to enlighten you." The half-angel walked on, not caring if he followed her down the corridor or not. She'd seen a large door down one of the hallways as she passed, so that was where she was heading. "These people have no control over their actions. They're trapped by something sinister, and they can yet be saved." Tucking in her wings, she wiped the blood from her face.

"So you do as you please. I'm going to put an end to this," Evri stated, marching onwards to what was hopefully an exit. She could do nothing for the other prisoners if she was trapped with them. She ran a hand through her hair with a sigh. Although she was rather intimidating with her armor on, it seemed that people just didn't take her own brute strength as a threat. Which was probably why the guards thought they could be dragged to the cage with a few metal chains. Screams from the arena carried into the hallway, some applause and some roars of pure rage. A fight had just ended, and presumably, her fight with the gladiator was supposed to be next. Guards were going to get suspicious, the crowd was going to get restless, and she was going to get out.

Realizing how little time they had to escape, Evri considered it worth it to just bolt for the door. With a powerful flap of her wings, she lunged for the handle. The sound of footsteps echoed behind her. "There!" one guard shouted, and she knew she'd been caught. Luckily, she had reached the opening, so she jerked it open and… another long, empty hallway. As disappointing as it was, she could see holes in the ceiling where it had been shabbily constructed. She could probably break through it if– "Agh!" she shrieked, a sharp pain shooting through her shoulder near her wing. One of the men had tried to disable her, partially succeeding. "Beregida!" she screamed, causing half of the guards to fall onto the ground in a deep sleep. Of course, she could handle the rest on her own. But she sincerely hoped she wouldn't have to.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

Grabbing his wrist rubbing them, it felt great to be free, if only he could have found a way to do it himself but for know, the gladiator had one target in mind looking down upon the unbalanced guard studying the fear in his face as the huge man stood over the top of him whispering a few worlds, glowing faintly before lifting the man by the head with both his hands watching the guard flail wildly against the hold digging nails into skin before the sickening crack audibly spread through the room as the lifeless body dropped down to the ground his now deformed head leaking blood slowly from the ear.

Of course he wasnt expecting the Angel to be hurt so easily but he felt it necessary to help her walking over the body of his last guard, blood still coating his hands and finally looking at the embering guard with a grimace "How does it feel to burn like us, like every person who lost a fight here, now tell me who created this sick sport and Ill make your death quick" the simple guard cried out and just as he opened his mouth exploded into flames that licked over Vis's skin leaving red burn marks that hurt him enough to recoil in pain, before picking up a chain clenching it tightly "This is just a cruel game!" charging the last guard an simple young boy who was put into a set of armour but an enemy is still a danger to him as he wrapped the heavy links against the poor boy's neck and tightened hearing a satisyfing pop as the body went limp.

It took a few minutes but luckily one of the dead guards was his size as he undressed him quickly sliding on the boots with a comfortable sigh and placing the few pieces of protection he could find, and even better the biggest of them had a steel war hammer almost the same weight, of course, he knew the adrenaline and spell would wear off soon and the sudden spike in pain he would feel from the burns would hurt alot more than any words spoken by the women in front of him "You know they had to die right?" Visery's spoke while adjusting his new gauntlets uncomfortably "It gives us more time to gather our items and find a way out" his voice was cold before adding one last phrase "I guess the big wide world is more like the arena than I thought"

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 AM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

She didn't blame him for being agitated, but she was deeply frustrated by the fact that everyone who was brought there had been unconscious upon entry. When the food was roughly tossed in, Evri made no move towards it. What was the point? Refusing to be turned into one of the wild animals some of the fighters had become, she simply awaited the man's return. Surprisingly, he brought her a small bit of food and water, and she nodded in gratitude, accepting both. Vis made note of her belongings, and she shook her head shamefully. "Either they think I need the help because I'm a woman, or they just want a powerful victor to parade in front of the audience." Her voice carried a tone of coldness. The room itself was beginning to remind her of the time she spent chained up in a box. Although she did consider asking the man with the axe if he knew where the prisoners were brought in, the angel thought better of it. She was too tired to get into a fight.

The guards, however, did not seem to notice. Once again bound and undoubtably being dragged to the cage once more, Evri's temper began to flare. How dare they treat these people like animals, objects of entertainment? The more her anger flared, the hotter the chains nearest to her arms grew. Using her fire weaving, she slowly melted the metal, so that it would go unnoticed by the guards. There were only four of them, she noted when the chains were near breaking. "Get ready," she whispered to Vis, immediately snapping her chains and using her wings to knock the guards holding her to the ground. 

Because they had left her with her sword, she actually had a chance to escape. Swiftly, she moved over to the guards holding Viserys and stabbed her blade through one's heart, using him to knock the other off balance. Vis was now free from his chains and could do as he wanted. Evridiki had no idea how they were going to find a way out after they eliminated the guards, but that would be figured out later. Reinforcements would be coming if they didn't hurry. Suddenly, a jabbing pain seared through her thigh, caused by one of the guards on the ground piercing it with his spear. A ball of fire formed in her hand, and she shot it at her attacker as she waited for assistance from her fellow captive.

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:24 AM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

He winced at her question, he learnt quickly not to become friends with other fighters or you'd be more likely to be put against them in a fight, however this wasn't the Arena he knew people fought to survive and only that so he replied quickly "Viserys" before pointing to his head wound "My escape plan when they first caught me didn't go quite to plan" almost sounding annoyed at her question, the gladiator quickly heard the door open a few burnt rolls of bread and a bucket of water was dumped on the ground causing Vis to quickly stand to leap for the food before slamming his fist into another man to stray him from the food he luckily gathered.

Sitting next to the women near the shadows paying no attention to the wings simply due to the fact he had seen worse things offered her half a loaf and a small amount of water, "From what I've seen people are too exhausted to try to escape hence the lack of guards, and in here its a free for all" nodding quickly to her boots and sword "Your lucky you got left with them, I had all my gear taken somewhere and whatever I have now is from killing" he then lowered his voice and sounded more cautious pointing towards a heavily armoured man with an axe, "He's been here a longest since the spire rose, they say he was a prisoner bound to death. Now he just kills for fun" now viserys was not medically trained by a long run but wetted the cloth on his feet with the precious water he had left to let out a sigh of relief "And that's why your lucky to have shoes" allowing himself a small chuckle before seeing the guards coming in a wrapping chains around him and Evridiki "Looks like the day isn't over yet, Angel" putting up little fight but paying attention to the area they passed through taking account of all the passages and doorways hoping to find a hint of moon light.

Author: Evridiki, Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:55 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

On the list of places she never wanted to visit, Eyota Etu was at least in her top ten. Evridiki slugged through the heat, cautious of anyone who might have tried to attack her. Although she knew the people of this place to be relatively peaceful, its location was less than ideal for wearing her heavy armor. Of course, she would never take it off, instead favoring her own safety over comfort with all the recent uproar that was brought about by the warped spire. Knowing this, the half-angel kept one hand constantly on the hilt of her sword, ready to attack at any moment.

Despite her reluctance to visit the area, however, she simply could not reject a request made by one of her friends back in Mamlak. Before they had heard news of anything going on in Eyota Etu, her friend's fiancee had mysteriously disappeared while on a delivery mission there. The situation itself was strange, only made worse by the wrath of the gods. In fact, Evri held little hope that the man was even still alive. Even with her best efforts, she couldn't learn from anyone what was happening in the city. All anyone would tell her was "Get away from here" or "You don't want to know". Frustrated and exhausted, Evridiki momentarily let her guard down to think about what could possibly be so terrible that it could prevent anyone from describing it. That was her first mistake.

Her second mistake was not flying out of there while she had the chance. Her bright red eyes flashed up when she heard the sounds of approaching footsteps, and she found herself surrounded by rugged, bloody warriors, each brandishing a weapon of some kind. She assumed they had been drawn to her shiny armor and drooping wings. During this moment, she had the opportunity to escape and ask for help, but she foolishly thought she could fight all of them at once. It only took two seconds for her to be out cold and on her way to the arena. By the time she woke up in the cage, all she could feel was the burning metal against her bare flesh. Her kidnappers had taken all of her armor, save for her boots, leaving her with her tunic and pants, neither of which offered much protection. At least they left her sword.

A wild screech rang out in the cage, drawing her attention to a psychotic-looking man with muscles bigger than her head. Without any more warning, he charged at her, and it became clear what the purpose of this place was. Her friend's fiancee was dead. Acting quickly, she flew up off of the burning floor, took her sword, and lunged at the man. Her blade pierced through his abdomen as it burst into flames, and she ripped it upwards, slicing through his torso all the way to his shoulder. He went down too easily, and the guilt was already plaguing her mind. She needed to get out before this happened again. Chains were thrown around her, forcing her into a room filled with battered and broken fighters. With no way to escape, Evri went into a dark corner of the room to try to form a plan. She watched as some were forced into the cage and new ones entered. One of the newcomers spoke to her, and she looked up at him with dull red eyes. "Evridiki," she responded quietly, studying him with an intent expression. "Who are you? Did you see how they brought you in?"

Author: sircrumpet, Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 PM, Post Subject: New Arena (P)

In all fairness, he wasn't expecting the journey to be such a long one and in the end, the taste of meat drew him towards his horse, now most people say horses are friends and don't deserve such a treatment but sadly Vis was a dog person and he was sure that the owner who he paid and promised to return the animal would be annoyed unless the gladiator never returned which caused him to smirk happily as he chowed down on the large amount of meat that was slowly smoking on a stick.

Waking up he wasn't expecting to be carried by a few natives on a large stick which resulted in him letting out a large groan "So I really gotta ask, why in the seven hells would you choose me, I really don't taste that great" which simply resulted in a smack in the face which caused a few curses to flood out of his mouth, for the next few hours of having dead arms and legs he finally got his wrist lose enough to slide out. However, the blood must have pooled in his head because he didn't work his legs in any way causing him to face plant the dry ground with a pained yelp and even at the escape attempt the natives walked on dragging the large man over the sharp rocks and sand resulting in a more uncomfortable ride.

Luckily enough the travel was cut quick by a sharp blow to the head by a rather large rock and allowed a few peaceful moments of rest until waking up in a cage with a banging headache, dried blood coating his forehead and a rather large orc on the other side bearing its teeth and wielding a rather large rusty mace that seemed to be coming towards Vis rather fast, luckily the Arena taught him to dodge first, ask questions later and managed to crawl through the beast's legs now he suddenly felt annoyed as he commented "How come the massive guy gets a weapon but all I get is my fists" as the man finished shouting his complaint he was pushed hard against the side of the cage feeling a stab of pain in his arm as a spike of metal stuck from his arm, with gritted teeth he yanked himself off narrowly avoiding the mace more worried about the rust than the broken bones it could cause. its at this point he allowed his small mana reserve out to increase his strength grabbing the orc and throwing the orc against a spike causing it to roar in pain, knowing his spell wouldn't last for long he quickly slammed its face on the metal below hearing the sizzle of flesh against it before slamming a fist against the back of its unprotected head slowly Vis's fist slowly turning red from the beating then suddenly the body erupted in flame pushing the gladiator back and being slowly pulled out the cage by many hands.

He sat in a room with many other beaten men, looking at the rusty weapon he now has gained he realised that this was a lot more alike with the arena that he had first thought and it caused him to worry his gaze shifted to his feet burnt badly from the cage deciding to rip his shirt wrapping it around as a makeshift shoes before staring off across the room, "And you are?" he asked to the stranger just barely hidden in the darkness.