Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Eyota Etu > New Arena (P)
sircrumpet

Character Info
Name: Viserys Serpentine
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Gladiator
Silver: 1348
He covered his eyes with a hand to protect them from the bright light while listening to her explain the plan "I heard from some of the prisoners that they were transferred from other cages in the west of the city" taking time to glance at her wing to check how bad the injury was before responding once again "It makes no sense if they get respect from people why kill them? Defeats the purpose a lot" allowing himself a small grunt from hitting the ground a tad too heavy he decided to help her by lifting her up on his back "Don't Complain, tuck your wings in it should be easier to find what I'm looking for on foot" Viserys then set off whispering a quick spell of strength while wincing a bit at the pain.

It didn't take long until he found a house covered in boards and old posters letting her down off his back, he used the Hammer's shaft to pull enough of the planks to be able to crawl inside, "Its not much but the guards won't search here" allowing the Angel to crawl in first before entering the dusty house filled with poorly made furniture, using the last of his strength he ripped more cloth off his shirt and started wrapping it around her wounded wing and tying it off "Its better than nothing" while slumping to the ground next to her pulling out the shortsword he also took from a guard and stating "You need your rest, Ill keep watch until your ready" using a nearby broken brick to sharpen the blade while resting his head back and staring at the door, keeping close to Evridiki to wake her if anything alarms him. but as the hours went by his eyes felt heavy and he slowly slumped against her breathing lightly.

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
Evridiki

Character Info
Name: Evridiki Iseult
Alignment: LN
Race: Half-Angel
Class: Vigilante
Silver: 63
Sighing at the statement, Evri merely shrugged. "They think mortals have gone too soft," she responded, knowing how dangerous it was to speak ill of the deities, especially now. As he lifted her onto his back, she opened her mouth to protest, but reluctantly allowed him to take her to an old, seemingly abandoned shelter. She entered without question, albeit a bit hesitant of what exactly this place was. The boarded windows and dusty furniture made it look as though it hadn't been used for years. Was it his? Unsure, Evri observed him quizzically as he came in behind her. Her curiosity, however, was interrupted when he wrapped up her wing without so much as asking. Not that she wasn't grateful; just very cautious when it came to people touching them.

"What about your wounds?" she asked, tiredly sliding to the floor against a wall. Her eyes felt heavy, and she wasn't sure if it was the fighting or simply the overuse of her energy that had drained her so much. It wasn't necessarily important, she supposed. Even though she was prone to being independent and taking charge, she didn't do much more than give a small nod when he said he'd keep guard. "Just don't let anyone touch my sword," she mumbled as she closed her eyes, drifting off into a light sleep. 

Evri wasn't sure how long she had been asleep, but when she awoke, it was still dark, the faintest bit of early morning sunlight streaming in through the windows. Something was pressing against her, and her bleary eyes glanced over to see Viserys, fast asleep with a sword in his hand. Tensing a little, Evri, gently moved and propped him against the wall, standing to survey the room. The building consisted of one room, containing a few cupboards, some dusty chairs, and a dingy table. Obviously, it hadn't been looked after properly for quite some time. Quietly, she began rummaging through the cabinets, finding only an almost empty flask of healing potion and a bottle of rum. Only then did she realize how hungry she was, but she pushed the thought aside, moving over to a window and looking out, keeping watch outside their shelter until Vis awoke.

sircrumpet

Character Info
Vis let out a painful groan as he tried to stand up using his hammer as a cane holding his side "Sorry, I thought I could stay up" walking over and noticing the rum and asking "You Mind?" before taking the bottle and having a mouthful with a sigh and sitting on the chair causing a cloud of dust to float up "I use to have so much magic, but it was taken from me" clenching the dry wood of the table causing it to creak under the preassure "Maybe if we solve this all out, I can prove Im stronger than him, that I could beat him" letting out a sigh as he saw the cupboards open "The house is in the poor district meaning they would of hidden grain for winter" knocking on the wall until he heard a hollow noise and pulling the plank off to show a few small bags of rice and smoked meats which caused the Gladiator to smirk at her "Pays to be poor".

Sitting back down picking at the smoked meat "Due to it being morning, there shouldn't be a lot of patrols and we can blend in with the crowd, which will allow us to find where the source of this cruel acts are coming from while heading west to free more of the prisoners" as he talked he drew into the dust of the table a rough map of the city "Perhaps we can head through the marketplace to see if we can information on where our equipment is stored too?" he then quickly pointed at the potion "Drink it up, I would hate if you fell behind" with a chuckle he stood up to being searching a fireplace and finding a fabric coal bag to what he starts to fill up with the armour he had gotten from the guards due to it having the symbol of the city on.

Evridiki

Character Info
Evri raised an eyebrow as he took a swig of the rum, watching him curiously. She'd never really found the taste of alcohol to be that appealing. The only thing she could remotely handle was wine, and this was likely due to her angelic genes. Aside from her own doubts on the drink, she also wondered if it was a little early for that. But who was she to judge? She didn't even know him. Based on his cryptic comments, he seemed to have some desire to best someone. She wasn't concerned enough to ask about it. That was his business, and he'd tell her if he wanted; otherwise, she wasn't going to pry. What actually made her move from her place at the window, though, was the sight of food. Walking over to the hidden compartment, Evri picked up a piece of meat, studied it, then ate it faster than she had ever eaten anything before. "I think this is the best food I've ever tasted," she stated with her mouth full. 

Nodding in agreement to his suggestions, Evri sat in one of the chairs, staring at the map he had drawn. At his comment about her falling behind, she gave him an aggressively soft punch in the arm. "And just what makes you think I'm the one that'll fall behind?" she challenged, an expression more akin to playfulness than true anger. Still, she took the bottle and drank what little potion was left. It was extremely bitter and probably very old, but she could already feel it easing the soreness of her wing. Coughing slightly at the awful taste, she stood, stretching her arms above her head. Her body was incredibly stiff, but she wasn't about to complain. They had work to do. "Whenever you're ready," she stated, making one last sweep of the cupboards to make sure nothing of value was left behind.

sircrumpet

Character Info
Grabbing a linen sheet that looked dirty and stained wrapping it around her back to cover her wings "it's best we don't draw attention to ourselves" as he lifted the bag of rice and crawled through the doorway to cover his eyes at the morning sun, and lead the Angel into the flowing crowd of people going shopping or heading to work keeping his head down, a skill that he learnt quickly why locked away in the arena is that mud can make anyman blend in and for many years he used it not to be picked for a fight, now he uses it to avoid enemies and even scout locations of intrest, after a long walk the sun was almost at its highest and the heat it was producing was almost on tier with the deserts he was dragged through as a kid, even in the sprawling market it was hard to find shade until they found a stall willing to buy the bag of grain and answer a few questions as the price, "I heard there was a sewer entrance that some prisoners have used to escape" The shopkeep paused "But the entrance is very open and patrols go through" Viserys thanked him turning to Evri before looking panicked as a guard patrol was heading straight for them, taking his luck he pushed the woman into the shade of a wall hopefully hiding her wings enough and tucked his head into her neck whispering "Close your eyes, Guards incoming" it felt like an eternity waiting for clanking to pass as he whispered once more "Im, not a hero, they won't write stories about me when I die you know".

Time seemed to freeze as he heard a rough voice speak out "Hey! you two what are you doing!" with a deep breath Viserys spoke quickly "Mana lambe tye oma?" badly speaking some elvish he learnt long ago from a partner he wished to forget as the guards just called him an Elvish Mongrel and continued on his way he backed off the Angel and spoke quickly "There's a sewer entrance that leads near to the prison, meaning we can scout the place for weak spots and the holding cells" trying to use his attempt to change the subject from what just happened before taking the once glass vial of the health potion out of his bag filling it from a well with a water and drinking then offering it to Evridiki, "Amazing what you can do with people's rubbish these days".

Evridiki

Character Info
While they walked through the crowded street, a pit of sadness filled her gut. She had visited the city a few times before, always welcomed with open arms by the city's natives. Now, hardly anyone was speaking to each other, and everyone kept their heads down because no one wanted to be the next person in that arena. Tugging the sheet around her to hide her wings as best as she could, her eyes gloomily watched the worn and weary faces of a once peaceful people, waiting for Viserys to finish talking to the shopkeep. "What did he say?" she asked quietly, but he didn't respond. Instead, he shoved her into a wall and got unbearably close to her. He must have been out of his godforsaken mind if he thought he could get away with that. But just as her eyes dulled in anger and she opened her mouth to protest, he whispered, "Close your eyes, Guards incoming." Frustrated and upset, Evri forced herself to calm down, shutting her eyes and bracing for them to be noticed.

At his self-deprecating comment, she scoffed and rolled her eyes behind her eyelids. "Stories don't make you a hero, genius. And you're not the one who decides if you're a hero or not," she responded softly, before a sharp voice called out. "Hey! You two, what are you doing!" Her entire body went rigid, until Vis responded in not-so-fluent elvish and caused the guards to walk off. If he hadn't backed off at that very moment, she probably would've shoved him to the ground. "Yes, and let's try to be less, ah, noisy, this time," she replied, her voice giving away that she was obviously still tense. "Where did you learn Elvish?" she asked, reluctantly accepting the bottle of water and taking a sip. "No offense, but it wasn't very good."

sircrumpet

Character Info
He frowned at her comment about being a hero which caused him to snap back rather aggressively "And what if I don't want to be one? I've killed people as they've slept to save a slave, I've looted bodies of the innocent that I was too late to save and I will not accept anyone trying to tell me that I'm a good person" Viserys could only breathe in quickly before continuing "I lost the one thing I cared about most to a pack of vampires the one thing I that gave me happiness, I once said to her that if anyone hurt her I would happily cut through hundreds of them just to save her and thats what I did" quickly packing the bag with a few of the items he thought would be useful he stared at her somberly and his tone seemed tired "A little Elvish Girl taught me how to speak the basics, I saved her from the same pack of Vampires that killed her, all because of a ghost that was too bitter to let me use his magic".

The walk was silent as they approached the entrance to the sewers, he crouched in the shadows watching a patrol walk through which was heavily armed with crossbows and spears perfect to catch escaping prisoners, from his guess the city knew they were escaping from here and instead of sealing the sewers up it was easier just to kill anyone who tried to leave, "However they never expect people to try and break into the prison" he thought out loud, drawing his sword he whispered to the angel "We have two opitions, sit here until we know the patrols movements, or take them out to get in easily enough but we would have to find another way out" the gladiators words were breif with the women even though it was his fault for getting angry he hadnt told anyone about how Julia died and it was still a fresh wound even if it did happen over three years ago.

Evridiki

Character Info
Evri's face remained stoic, save from the piercing glare that filled her eyes. He spoke of his past as though he'd gone through some trauma that no one could understand. Did he not think that she had experienced her own form of betrayal? That she also held vengeance in her heart for the man who wronged her? Shaking her head, the half-angel felt a new wave of disappointment wash over her, and she said nothing as they walked to the sewers' entrance. Viserys was just like every other man with a sad backstory, and she supposed she couldn't blame him for that. In fact, she almost felt empathy towards him for his loss. But she was not going to justify his little outburst with an apology or even a sympathetic look.

Still, his brusk tone and instructions made her realize that they couldn't work efficiently if their emotions were at odds. So she took the moment to try and fix things. "When I was eighteen, I fell in love with a man who ended up killing my parents," she began, no shred of emotion in her voice. "His caravan chained me inside a crate and shaved my hair. They cut me so they could sell my blood, used a rusty knife to remove my tear ducts…" The next bit, she hesitated. But it needed to be said. "…they clipped my wings. And they were going to kill me unless I killed them first." Evri turned her glare on him. "I'm not telling you this to earn sympathy. I'm telling you this because we all have been through awful things. So don't assume you're special because someone died." 

Her eyes scanned the opening, and she thought it would be more beneficial for them to sneak inside, then fight their way out if they had to. "We can't do this if we're angry with each other, so let it go, and let's get in there. You may not want to be a hero, but you're gonna be one today." 

sircrumpet

Character Info
His hand hit her face before even he could notice what was happening, the slap stung his hand from how hard it hit before Viserys looked at her "Don't you dare call my daughter a thing, the difference between you and her is simple she was a sweet, innocent girl who only wanted to help everyone she met. However, you are untrusting of people due to the situation you walked into by yourself do you truly believe that outcasts like us can ever find love that pure? I'm sure the thought ran through your head while that man offered you his embrace?" The gladiator didn't stop glaring "I'm sensing you killed all those men? do you think back to that night, thinking if they had a family if you just killed another child's parent just like they did to you" with his rant over he started strapping on the stolen guard's uniform before shouting "Help! Help! Patrol!".

The Disguised Gladiator tugged Evridiki out into the men's line of sight as he acted out of breath "Prisoners escaped on your watch! luckily I got this one before the others sprinted, go and catch them before our officers hear about this!" he shouted loudly allowing spittle to fly out at the shocked guards before watching them run off into the distance after the made-up escapees "If we do this and I stay calm then we have a problem… I'm trained in the arts of Berzerker the more damage or anger I allow the stronger I become until the wounds take me down, so you can act like everything is peachy between us but I just hope that slap hurt" before prying the iron grate off and climbing down into the murky green waters below.

Evridiki

Character Info
The slap hit her before she knew what was happening. It stung a little, but it wasn't anything she had not felt before. As she listened to him rant about how she brought her situation upon herself, Evri rolled her eyes as rage filled her. She wondered if this was truly him, or if the town's effects were taking hold of him, but wither way, she wanted to give him a piece of her mind. She almost did, but he was shoving her forward without telling her the plan just as quickly as he'd blown up at her. The entire situation was giving her whiplash just trying to keep up. As soon as the guards had gone, she ripped her arm from his grip and dropped the sheet from around her shoulders. To hell if she stood out; they were about to stand out anyways.

"Do you honestly think I called your daughter a thing?" Evri asked quietly, searching the walls for a key of some kind to unlock the cells of people. "If I can recall, you never told me your relation to her, and I didn't say a thing about her otherwise. I wasn't comparing myself to her. I was comparing myself to you." Her eyes landed on a key ring hanging from the hook on the wall, refusing to look at Viserys. If he wanted to fight, that was fine. She didn't need to be here for this. "Of those men who captured me… do you know how young eighteen is for an angel? I was impressionable, naive, stupid, and you're right. I can't blame anyone but myself." Tossing him the keys, she looked back at the opening. "But I only killed four men that night, ones I knew had no one." She glanced back at him, her face void of any emotion. "What about you? Did you think about those guards you killed in the arena? About how they might have children and families?"

Evri stretched her wings out as she heard the guards approach. "I'll keep them busy." Before she left, she gave him one last, sad smile and said, "And for the record, the slap did hurt." With that, she had flown out the door, sword drawn as she called the guards' attention to herself.