Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Sihajja the Living Reef > A Novel Idea [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996

Lewis should have expected the Empress to fall asleep on him. It was almost as if she were trying her hardest to get what she wanted, even if it was in the most unusual of ways. Still, her sleeping form against him was unexpectedly pleasant, and despite his initial claims of leaving once she fell asleep, he had little choice but to let her sleep.

Over the next month, though, the Empress’ pushy nature started to grow on Lewis, and he found himself enjoying the time they spent together. What should have been a simple job was evolving into something more. Despite trying his hardest to deny it, Lewis was falling for the Empress, and that would inevitably lead to trouble.

It was on a particularly calm day that Lewis found himself next to the Empress, listening to her read. It was the last few pages on a touching freeform poem, and though his face would never show it, he was excited to hear the conclusion of the lofty tale. However, it wasn’t to be on that day, as Felix barged in, rather angry at the display the Empress was giving.

She, of course, was not happy with the turn of events, letting her displeasure be known to all as she left the greenhouse. Lewis sighed. Felix, in his anger, started to offer up anything and everything to Lewis, as if to try and find a way to deter him from the Empress.

“It is unfortunate,” Lewis said as he took a half bow, “That your lordship assumes that coin or frail companionship is something that I desire.” As he straightened himself, his cold eyes met Felix’s. “I am an assassin who is driven by pride if nothing else. My contract is with the Empress, and it shall not be broken as such…”

The assassin cleared his throat. “If the Empress so wishes to end our agreement, then that is her will. Until then, I follow in her shadow.” With that, the assassin walked out, ignoring the additional pleas from Felix.

It did not take him long to catch up to the Empress. He slipped into her room, and closed the door behind him. “I am sorry, Empress. I did not expect that conversation to take as long as it did. Were you waiting long?”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone was sitting on her bed with the book in her lap. She gave him a sad smile and shook her head. “No, you hardly wasted any time at all. Can you lock the door Lewis? I don’t want visitors or interruptions right now.” She got up and went over to her balcony as she closed it and closed the curtains. For a moment she peeked outside the curtains from the dark room before she went over and lit a few candles so they could have light. Rubbing her finger over a sigil the room’s magic took hard and a magic circle appeared. “No noise can leave or enter now. So I don’t have to worry about Felix screaming at the door or hearing anything distasteful we say.”

Simone paused as she came over to Lewis and took his hands. She was looking over his fingers which were coarse from the years of work compared to hers which were soft. “Will you call me Simone in private? Not Empress or My Lady?” She tilted her head up at him. “Will you talk to me like I’m a regular woman?” Did he know how to do that?

She waited for his answer before grabbing his shirt roughly and pulling him down to her locking their lips for several seconds. When she finally let him go it was only to where their noses touched. “Lewis, I’m tired of playing around with the fact that you make me feel something. I’m tired of ignoring it… and I feel horrible that I finally tell you because I hate how Felix looks at me… and how I just want you to look at me like that instead.” She looked up at him with honest gray eyes.

“I’ve not felt this way in a very long time. I’ve often felt I was unlovable and broken…. But you don’t ever see me like that I can tell…”

Dusk

Character Info

It was curious for the Empress to ask for her door to be locked, but Lewis complied with the request. There was an audible clicking noise, sending a shiver down his spine.

Why? He wondered why such an action was so powerful at this moment. Perhaps, it meant something. Or perhaps it was nothing. Yet, as Simone started to close the curtains and activate a silencing magic, Lewis only grew more curious. What was the Empress doing?

When she took his hands, she made a fairly simple request, one that he wasn’t sure how to take. “Yes, Empre-,” he paused. “Si…mone.” The name felt almost awkward coming from his lips, yet there was a feeling as though his body yearned to say the name. “Simone…”

At that, the Empress, Simone, smiled. Hearing her name come from him was like a breath of fresh air after nearly drowning. She felt as though a weight were lifted, and she even let out a content sigh. But, she wasn’t quite done yet. She reached up, and yanked him towards her, locking her lips with his.

Lewis was shocked at the motion, too stunned to do anything about it. The sensation though, was like lightning. His heart fluttered, almost trying desperately to escape its cage and be set free. She broke away, but stayed close enough that their noses were touching. Lewis felt as though his breath were stolen away, and he realized that he was practically panting.

“Simone…” he breathed as he got lost in her eyes. “You’re anything but…” He leaned in to kiss her, this time of his own accord. Like the first, it was shocking, but this time he pulled her into his arms, holding her. “You’re not broken…you’re not unlovable.” His heart was still threatening to burst from his chest, and for a moment her silence was terrifying. What if he had said something wrong? What if this was all some joke?

“Simone…do you love me?”

Simone

Character Info
Perhaps she wasn’t expecting it. Maybe she thought he would have rejected her but what she found instead was his arms around her as he held her close. She could feel his heart now and it sounded just as frantic as her own did. His words took her back and it was her turn to be shocked by his own kiss. A blush crossed her face as his warmth left her even though his face was so close to hers. She looked up at him and pondered deeply as their eyes stared. She could see the nervousness in his.

“I believe I do. No one else can ever claim to make me feel the way you do. Ever since we first met… It’s been hard to breathe around you. Like something fit just right. I struggled to realize the why until a few days ago… and Felix upset me enough that I’m ashamed it took me so long to tell you. I was afraid once I told you that you would leave me… And I would rather us silently have the illusion of something than to be rejected by you.” She held a sad look on her face before giving him a smile.

“But I can see now that I… was an idiot. I should have just told you and let you decide what to do.” She pushed herself up this time as she met his lips once more wrapping her arms around his shoulders to hold him close. “Even if… what you want is for it only to be in this room for the time being… or when we are alone… I would like something. Anything with you. Even if it is dangerous to announce it outside this room for the time being. I’ve never met someone I’ve wanted to be with or spend my time with like I do with you. Even if we have to lock the room and put magic up every night… I want you to stay in my bed… To hold me. To kiss me… Other things…” She blushed as she said the last thing almost inaudibly. “Everything with you.”

"The question is… Do you love me back Lewis?"

Dusk

Character Info
The moment that they were having felt like some dream out of a wild fantasy. It was as if they were a part of some cheeky romance novel, but this was their reality. As Lewis held her, he listened to the way she spoke, her heart of full display. His heart was in synch with hers, their emotions running hot.

“Of course I love you,” Lewis said as he swept her off her feet. “I love you more than anything in this world.” It was strange to him, though, that he felt such an intensity. Was this what real love was like? Was this how the world worked? Such thoughts were too difficult to process as he carried her to the bed.

It was here and now that the next chapter of their relationship would begin. He leaned down to kiss her, his passion running hot. “If that is what my Empress commands…your faithful dog will execute without fail…”

Simone

Character Info
After that night they would cuddle in her bed closely. They never did anything past that as they decided to take it slow. They let their relationship bloom knowing the end result would be even better than they had ever thought. It was already like the sweetest nectar, something even sweeter was making their heads spin with anticipation.

So many times did they have to stop themselves from going too far too fast. One particular night three months into their relationship Lewis shoved her into the wall of her room picking her up by her waist. Her legs delicately wrapping around him as they kissed passionately. She could feel everything about him and it didn’t help Lewis with the fact that her personal chambermaid had noticed their relationship. She was sworn to secrecy but the maid still poked fun at Lewis by dressing Simone in short lace or satin night dresses meant for the first martial night. She couldn’t wait for Lewis to break and take the empress as his… Maybe it would get the annoying suitors to disappear.

“We have to stop,” Simone chuckled as she breathlessly pulled herself from Lewis. “We promised to wait just a bit longer…” He already looked almost too appetizing as it was. She had managed to even get his shirt off. Her hand ran down his chest as she sighed, “Not too much longer though or I’m going to break first.” She teased him before kissing him lightly. Wrapping her arms around his shoulders she gave a smirk. “It’s bed time… Carry me to bed and cuddle me until I fall asleep. Maybe I’ll let you go sulk in the corner like you used to.” Her playful tone was only his to hear and it was different than when she poked fun at others.

“You are the moon to my sun~” She spoke to him. “The water to my garden. You are my beloved assassin and no one can ever have you besides myself until the day you decide not to love me anymore.” She snuggled up to him and closed her eyes as she listened to his heartbeat. “Good night my emperor~” She teased once more before she fell asleep.

It was a few hours later when a rustle would alert Lewis from the balcony. They had left it open to get some of the fragrant smells of the lilacs from the gardens to come inside. Lilacs meant first love and it felt like a blessing from the gods towards their new relationship. The dense smell of oak tree tumbled in and that meant only one person as Lewis watched the shadow move in.

Like a sly snake the being lifted the blanket after taking off his shirt and got into the bed. He snuggled up to the first body he found and put his lips to their ear. “Do you remember when we cuddled like this as kids Simone? You always loved it.”

After a commotion, Simone lit a candle and looked with shock on her face as she sat up. “What the fuck is going on?” It was the first time she had swore in front of Lewis since their relationship began.

Dusk

Character Info
The time that Lewis spent with Simone was intoxicating. Simply saying her name in their private time was enough to send a wave of euphoria through him, and for the time being, that was enough. At least, it was enough for a time. Perhaps it was Simone’s insistence on teasing him, or perhaps something more, but Lewis could not exactly keep things as simple as they were. It didn’t help that the blasted chambermaid kept dressing Simone in ways that, to be quite frank, were exhilarating to look at.

Simone constantly phrased her sweet nothings as poetry, and as Lewis carried her to bed, he smiled as she, in so many words, claimed her ownership of his heart. As they fell asleep, Lewis smiled at the thought. A life with the Empress Simone was something that he could be content with. Happy, even.

During the night, though, they had a rather unsuspecting visitor. Lewis was awake as they entered the room, but he felt no hostile intent from them. It was curious, but it dawned on him that it was very possible that Simone had a stalker. One that happened to be a red haired elf. The assassin rolled his eyes, and when the sneaky individual snuck into bed, whispering about the past, Lewis let out a sigh.

“Oh Llywellyn, you dog,” Lewis said in his usual monotone voice. “I had no idea you felt this way about me.” At once, Llywellyn snapped back, rolling off the bed and hitting the ground hard. He was shocked, more than anything, and as the candle lit up the room, there was a smirking Lewis looking down on him, dagger at the ready.

“O-oh…Lewis,” the elf said, his eyes wide with surprise.

“Were you expecting someone else?” the assassin asked, still deadpan.

Simone

Character Info
Simone was startled by Lewis as he started to moved. That was how they found themselves in this awkward position. She crawled over to the other side of the bed. “Lly… What the fuck?” She repeated.

Llywellyn looked up at her and his face lit up a bright red, “Mone… That nightgown is a martial gown… Why are you?” He looked at Lewis and then back at her. “Are you two?”

“And if we are?” Mone tilted her head. “Would you run and tell Felix or Jerome?”

“Hell no,” Llywellyn popped up and put his hands up. “Normally you get sad tonight so I wanted to help you. But it looks like you don’t even realize what today is…”

The color left her face for a moment as she flopped back on the bed, “I had forgotten…”

“That’s good that you did… I’m just sad I said anything. I wanted to explain my actions to Lewis though so he doesn’t shank me!” He held up his hands. “I throw in my support for you two though. I’ve never seen Simone interested in someone before.” Llywellyn gave him a grin. “I’ll be going.” He started down the ivy and Simone watched as Lewis did something.

She heard a scream and a fall as she got up and rested on the balcony. “Huh, you finally fell off the castle.” She giggled lightly as she looked towards Lewis but it was clear she was making fun of Llywellyn.

“Point taken Lewis. You win!” He got up and ran away.

“That was funny.” She smiled at him but then frowned as she went back to the bed. “I doubt I can sleep tonight though. I…” She frowned. “Today is the day I was kidnapped… he’s right normally I have nightmares.” They got back in bed and she snuggled up to him. Despite her warning Lewis managed to coax her back to sleep.

In the morning her door slammed open, “SIMONE, you missed breakfast! You never miss it when we have impo-” It was Felix as he stormed in. His eyes were glued on the scene of Lewis in the bed of his cousin. “What the hell do you think you are doing?”

Simone popped an eye open, “Sleeping.”

“Why is he in your bed?”

“Why can’t he be? Do I not have the right to choose for myself?”

“GUARDS!” Felix screamed and soon Rhenakos was running in. “Arrest this man for bedding the empress immediately!”

Dusk

Character Info
As Llywellyn made his exit, Lewis’ hand ‘slipped’ and cut one of the vines that the elf prince had been holding, causing him to fall and hit the ground hard. Not enough to permanently hurt him, but it got a laugh from Simone, and the warning was well read by Lly. In the end, though, Lewis helped coax Simone back to sleep, and soon he drifted off too. It was one of the rare times he felt the need to sleep, finally dropping the last of his guard around the woman he had fallen in love with.

This, of course, came with repercussions. When lewis awoke, the guards had already barged into the room, and Felix was demanding his arrest despite what Simone was saying. Rhenakos looked between Lewis, Simone, and Felix with a confused look on who to follow.

Felix pointed, “On the tragic anniversary of her kidnapping, this fiend has taken advantage of her, put her under some sort of spell.” Felix was practically foaming at the mouth. This was his chance, the time that I take over. “It’s obvious that she is compromised…after all, there is no way a woman can lead the Empire. It was foolish to think such an emotional crea-”

Simone stood up, clearly not caring that she was wearing a rather revealing marital gown. She definitely had Rhenakos’ full attention.

“Rhenakos, my dear royal guardsman…”

“Y-yes?” the idiot of a captain replied, his eyes wide.

“Did you know you have vacation days?”

Rhenakos blinked. “Vacation days?” He glanced at Felix, who was shocked into bewilderment. “You mean I can take days off, and not get yelled at?”

“Of course.”

The captain of the guard smirked. “Cool. I’ll see you all in a week.” He waved his hand, and walked past Felix with a smirk. “Sorry boss, but I got a needy wife at home to go take care of. She’ll be thrilled.”

“You IDIOT! I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR THIS!” Felix yelled, pointing.

Simone crossed her arms, “Royal assassin. My Empire is threatened by this filth masquerading as a man. It would seem there have been plans for a coup…” She raised her hand and pointed. “I demand this threat be eliminated.”

When Felix looked to the bed, Lewis was gone. Before he could react, there was a sharp pain in his back as a dagger pieced his heart from behind.

“As you command, Empress.” Lewis said with a smirk.

“You…vile…dog…” Felix gasped out.

“Woof, woof.” The assassin shoved Felix forward, and started to clean the blood off of his blade.

Simone

Character Info
As Felix was put to his death Simone had gone over and slipped on one of her robes. She deftly tied it and looked over to Lewis. “It’s becoming apparent my love that I will have to come forward and fast before other leeches try to overtake me.”

She moved past Lewis almost coldly but she stopped herself. Backing up she kissed him, “Get dressed quickly.” She wasn’t getting dressed though as she grabbed the leg of her cousin and began to drag him behind her. A trail of blood was following her. There were gasps.

“My empress! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Edwin was in shock.

“Call everyone to my throne room NOW. I will not tolerate tardiness,” Simone was looking at him with the coldest expression he had ever seen. Edwin turned around and ran addressing as many people as he could to gather everyone in the castle.

She paraded the body even down the staircase as there was a sick thud. Her torture had made her at ease with the sound. Everyone was gathered in the throne room and even Jerome had a worried look on his face. “All hail the Empress,” an announcer said aloud as Simone made her way in dragging her cousin’s corpse.

“Simone?” Jerome had a look on his face as he stepped back.

“Is she mad?”

“No, I am not mad. I am pissed.” Simone threw the body in front of the crowd going to her throne. Lewis wasn’t far behind her. “Do you know why I have gathered you here?”

There was silence.

“This weasel of a man storms into my bedroom and tries to arrest my lover claiming that I the empress was not sound of mind. “Marie come here,” she waved her hand. The personal chambermaid came forth. “How long have I been seeing Lewis?” She waved to her assassin.

“For quite a while. We kept it a secret because we knew this would happen. I tried to protest Lord Felix not to storm into your bedroom. He is not your lover nor is he trusted. He had no business barging in.”

“Do you think I am seeing Lewis because I am not sound of mind?”

“No my lady,” the chambermaid shook her head. “I think that Master Lewis and the Empress really love each other which is why I support them.”

“Does anyone here wish to claim something as stupid as my cousin? I am the Empress. I do not need power. I do not need a political marriage. I will marry who I want and see who I want. Edwin, take notes. As of today, Lewis is to be addressed as consort of the Empress. He will be treated as you would the emperor of this kingdom. I will not have others speak down on him. Do we all have an understanding?”

“Yes my lady,” everyone bowed to her and she watched as even Jerome did it. He was biting his lip though and she smirked.

“That’s all I had to say. I will not tolerate traitors in my court. Felix died just as his father did… a traitor.”