Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Felt like forever [Event, Open]
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Name: Tristana Deformem
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: At the moment she is a traveler
Silver: 302
Normally Tristana would not have accepted gifts from people. She wanted them to keep it so that they could use it. But this past week, that viewpoint had changed. Somebody had been stubborn enough to return a gift to her. She understood the embarrassment and slight pain that one would feel if the gift was returned. Graciously taking the gifts people gave her was the best option. A smile appeared on Tristana’s face as she saw the flowers. Calla lilies were extremely toxic to digest but the plant’s rhizome could be made into a treatment if one was careful enough.

The smell of the flowers were able to lift a person’s spirit. The masked woman was fascinated by the symbolic meaning of rebirth and beauty the flower presented. Irises, when dried and only using certain parts of it, could be used to assist with lung diseases. Snapdragons were effective in treatment of all kinds of inflammation. Dahlia flowers held nutritious inulin and had antibiotic compounds stored in the skin.

All of the flowers would be incredibly useful, although the snapdragons and dahlias were the safest to use while the other two had poisonous effects that needed to be carefully avoided. However, Tristana valued them even more for the meanings behind them. She was fascinated by Lou’s descriptions of what they meant.

“I will treasure them.” Tristana earnestly said.

Her first gift. It was best to get them dried and prepared for usage. Taking a cloth out of her bag, she gently wrapped them up in such a way that they would not be harmed. Tristana put them into the bag then looked back to her new friend.

“Thank you so much for the flowers.” She said with a smile, “I wish you the best.” 

“Your choices are your own. The past doesn’t excuse now.”

Teu

Character Info
Name: Teu Balatro
Race: Diowolf/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2479
Once Kieran was in her scope, little else was registered by the healer. It had been too long since they had been with one another. Many things had been getting in their way as of late. The attack upon the cities had brought disruption to their lives just as things had begun to settle. Children grew at an astronomical rate that brought them concern. There was little time for the couple to be just that, a couple. Teu lovingly took her fiancé’s hand to pull close to him. Feeling him close once more helped her mind settle. They fell into a rhythm of the music and one another. She noticed little outside of themselves as the dancing continued. His scent surrounded her to bring comfort.

An emerald glance was made as a woman with beautiful red hair gave gift to Ria once her own dance was done with her brother. Teu’s daughter gracious took it with a look of genuine surprise to be followed with a smile. The young woman bowed her head in respect. -“Thank you, friend. A sweet gift to give on such an evening.”- Alairia still had an arm linked with her sibling who took the tonic and put it one of his jacket pockets. Dae glanced down at his sister as the woman moved on into the crowd. ”That was different, but nice,” he commented with a chuckle. The young woman rolled her eyes and wrapped her arm around her brother’s waist to hug against him. They did not have many opportunities to spend time together outside of working in the shop. Social engagements were few and far between for the working family.

Teu smiled as she watched her children enjoy their time at the ball together. She had not noticed the woman that had waved until Kieran brought that to her attention. It could not be helped that she leaned into his whisper with a gentle smile upon her lips. Teu responded to his kiss with hands placed upon his chest. Her body pressed up against his hoping that they would not need to part, but there was no privacy for them that evening. ”I love you.” The response was simple with a tone of deep love.

Brows furrowed slightly in confusion until her attention went to where directed. A small gasp was let out as she saw Kythe. It had been almost too much to hope for to see the woman again. Kiba had never held back on his admiration and love for his surrogate mother. Teu clutched to Kieran as they made their way over to Kythe as she waited patiently. ”It could only the gods that brought you here! I am so confused and excited!” Teu let go of her fiancé to throw her arms around the other’s neck with a laugh. Finally, she pulled away to glance back at Kieran. ”My heart, this is Kythe. She is my father’s surrogate mother. Kythe, this is my fiancé, Kieran. The lovely pair over there are my son and daughter.” She motioned to them to join the small group that had formed. Ria and Dae looked confused for a moment though did not hesitate to do as instructed. ”This is my daughter Alairia, and my son Dae.” The grown children smiled while giving their exchanged pleasantries.

Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
Kythe watched Teu dance with the man and smiled, content to watch the two lovers twirl in one another’s embrace; the love and adoration they shared was clear upon both their faces and part of her was reluctant to interrupt - but she would only interfere with their evening for but a moment, now that she had seen Teu she could no more ignore her adopted granddaughter than she could have done her son.
Bowing in return Kythe smiled at Kieran. “My apologies for interrupting your evening; do not worry I shall be brief but I could not ignore the beautiful woman on your arm - it has been too many years and she glows this evening, it would hard to ignore such a shining beacon even if I did not know her.” The Minadrian said fondly.

The woman laughed, her voice full of mirth as Teu cried out and threw her arms around Kythe’s neck. Not even the jarring of her shoulder could have ruined that moment for her; to see the girl in the flesh as she was now and to be able to hold her in her arms was more than Kythe had ever dared to dream of - nothing could have taken that joy away from her. “The Gods did indeed send me but none that you would know of my darling girl.” She laughed, letting the girl go so that Teu could make the introductions.
“A pleasure to meet you Kieran, the honour is all mine.” She said with a nod and another bow before her gaze flickered to the children. “By the Gods! Has my Teu grown so much she has her own brood as well?!” Kythe laughed, grinning at Alairia and Dae. Great grandchildren to spoil, is that what I heard?” The woman said with a wink to the young pair - it was funny to hear such words from Kythe given the woman looked to be in her thirties, the only true indication of her age was the look in her eyes, all her weathered years remained in the glistening emerald orbs even if the rest of her did not carry the weight. “I’m staying with your father, come and see me when you have time or send for me and I shall come to you, I would like to get to know your family better love but for now I shall leave you to your evening just as promised.” Kissing Teu on the cheek she let out a soft, happy sigh and winked at her before nodding to the children and heading back into the crowds. “Take care of her Kieran! Not that I think you need telling.” She called back over her shoulder with a smile.