Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Hoja Mesto > Dinner Disaster [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
The massive amount of emotion that flowed through Lewis as Simone learned of what was happening almost took his breath away. It was almost too much, crushing his own emotions into nothing. All he could feel was her, and it was so much that he was almost thankful when she cut the connection between them. He had not been ready, but when she left, he was a little more prepared for her sorrow.

It hit him like a tidal wave, crashing over him. The pain she felt was familiar, though, the same kind that she had felt so long ago watching as everything she loved was forcibly taken away. It was the same feeling. He knew it hurt, and just like her, he was felt the agony of loss. But now was not the time for her to be alone, and whether she wanted it or not, it wasn’t what she needed.

Lewis forced open a portal using his ring, and dashed through it, leaving Xeik. The Divine Mender knew that their resonance wouldn’t spark like this, not like last time. There were conditions that needed to be met, and sorrow was not one of them. This was something that they needed to discuss between them, and he knew it.

“You know where to find me,” Xeik said as the portal closed. He sighed, and looked down. “I just wish I had a better option for you…”

The halls of Auclair Castle were still in disrepair, with moss now growing on many of the pathways. Lewis knew the halls by heart at this point, having walked among them in Simone’s dreams as they slept. It had once been a grand palace, full of life, but now it was merely a shadow.

The assassin walked the halls, looking around. It had been some time since he had come here physically. In fact, it was when he had come to save Simone from the fae lord…a horrible time. It was here, though, that they first bonded together. They both succeeded together in killing the fae lord, and started the end of the Simone that Lewis had grown to know and love.

“We’ve come so far,” Lewis said aloud as he strolled down the halls. “Do you remember…when we first met?” That fateful night when he killed her for the first time. “You thanked me. Not the younger you, nor the guide. You…” The true Simone. “The tower…she hated the tower. All of you did…but we worked from there. Lady Angela helped us….”

“When I dove into your dreams, it was about pride. I hated myself for not being able to fulfill my role. But…something happened, right? The guide that you so expertly crafted fell in love with me. With the younger Simone and the guide in love, you realized that there was a chance…but it was something that you were terrified of. Both of us were…” The assassin chuckled. “We managed to pull through with that, didn’t we? Though Angela was pissed…”

“We’ve gotten a lot better at talking, haven’t we?” He didn’t expect a response. “We’ve got ourselves a nice little family too. And…I understand the pain, but…” He smiled, a tear sliding down his cheek. “Even now…we can still love our children. We can have more, just not…in the way we want to. That doesn’t mean we’ll love them any less, nor does it mean we won’t love our children now any less. If anything…’ He could feel himself starting to cry. How absurd.

“If anything, it means we should cherish and love our children with everything we have. We can’t take what we have for granted. Our life hasn’t been fair from the start…but here we are, still fighting…still loving, and growing, and doing everything we fucking can to survive.” He took a shaky breath.

“I love you…Simone. You and our children. I love you all with everything I have…” His words echoed in the halls of Auclair. “So…when you’re ready…let’s go home, and greet our children with the love and devotion they deserve. …for now, though….take the time you need.”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone could hear him as she cried and she listened to every word as if it were the last thing she was ever going to hear from Lewis. It was important that she did and she knew that. She didn’t expect a second chance but with a second chance came a whole new heartbreak she wasn’t ready for.

She came out of hiding as he got close to her. She was a wreck as she sobbed and it was even worse when she realized he was crying too with her. There was sorrow on both ends. She was slow at first but then she ran and smacked herself into him as she hugged him tightly. She let her sobs out into his chest. It wasn’t fair, everyone knew that.

Simone sobbed for a long time as they eventually fell to the ground with Lewis holding Simone in his arms. “I won’t love the kids any less I promise. I do love them more now… As silly as it sounds.” Especially Janus and Lila. They were her everything. “I love all the kids but Janus and Lila… They are the only two things we could give to the world. I cherish them so much because we shouldn’t have been able to have them. Just to know we could have done it again… I didn’t know but I’m so sad now that we can’t but also I don’t want to kill them.”

Finally, she ran out of tears and put her head against his shoulder. “I do feel like a failure of a wife again though.” She had felt it many times in her past. “I know I shouldn’t but…” It had been ingrained in her. “It’s so dumb.” She cracked a smile. “For as sure as I am that you love me and that you would never leave me there’s still a part of me afraid that you’ll leave me. Maybe not today but maybe out of the blue.”

She held his hand and closed her eyes that hurt, “I’m so tired of all this fighting we have to do Lewis… All of this lying… I just want to be a family and not have to worry. Just be some stupid little island nobles who do something stupid to earn a lot of money so we can play with all kids all day. That’s all I want. I just don’t know how possible that is. Adopt all the kids and raise them all as a family. You won't have to miss anything anymore.”

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
As they laid there in the darkness of Auclair, the tears finally subsided. All Lewis could really do was hold her. It was taking everything he had not to break down himself, and Simone could feel that. Both of them had been dealt a disastrous blow, one that in time they could recover from. For now, though, they needed to let it all out.

Lewis could feel her sense of failure, and it hurt him. “You’re not a failure. You aren’t now, and you never have been.” He kissed her cheek. “We’ve done everything we can, and done quite well. You’re an amazing mother, and an amazing wife. I wouldn’t have it any other way…” Lewis pulled her close, and held her tight. He could feel her hatred and exhaustion of the fighting they were always doing, and he could understand it.

“Simone..” He closed his eyes. “I think we should talk to Raile. We’ve already got a nice sum of money, and I think I can wrap up a few quick jobs to net what we’ll need…” Lewis kissed her forehead. “I think I’m due for an early retirement, don’t you? I think we can convince Raile to make the money work for us…” He smiled and put his hand under her chin, pulling up her face to meet his. He kissed her, and put his forehead to hers. “I can stay home and not miss a thing…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone smiled a bit and kissed his cheek in response. “I don’t know why you have such great faith in me, Lewis…” She sighed a bit and snuggled into him. “Gods know I don’t. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to keep myself together.”

Once he started to talk on her very last request, she got scared a bit, but slowly she exhaled. “Yeah… I’m sure Raile could invest with us… We got enough land we could do something with it to bring more profits in.” There was a smile through the tears as they kissed and put their foreheads together. “I like that. We can find avenues to make money work and keep up the castle. We have a good sizable nest as it is.” She held his hands and kissed him again. “This is a good plan…”

Simone looked to a spot and a blazing portal opened to where Xeik was. He could see the two almost broken Terrowins in the middle of a broken castle. Simone was barely not crying as she brought up Lewis’s hand and kissed his knuckles. “Okay, Xeik… We’re ready.”

She looked like a wreck as she put her head into the nook of Lewis’s chest now as if she was holding onto dear life. “I don’t blame you Xeik. If you feel bad about this… I mean. It’s not your fault. If anything you are saving us from not seeing our eventual grandkids and that’s something to look forward to…” There was a sniffle from her before she started to laugh.

“What the fuck are you going to do when you retire?” She was just trying not to cry.

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Xeik wasn’t sure what to do while he was waiting, and eventually he ended up nodding off for a moment. When the fiery portal opened in front of him, it took a few moments for him to register what was happening and what he was seeing. As soon as it clicked, he darted through the portal and looked the two over.

“What the hell happened…” Xeik didn’t look much better, as though he had just been run over by a rampaging dragon. “Here, let me get you guys patched up a bit.” It took only a few minutes to check them over, but neither one of them were really hurt. It seemed like mostly an emotional thing, and that was understandable given the circumstances.

“Is this..Auclair?” Xeik asked as he stood up, looking around. “It must be…” He looked back down at Simone with a hollow smile. “It’s very pretty….I’m sure it was amazing during its time.”

Lewis had been thinking of an answer for Simone. “Fishing, maybe. Or darts. Maybe I’ll start a garden or something…” He shrugged. “I’ll figure it out.” He smirked. “Hey Xeik, are you busy? How about you come over and we can figure it out together.”

Xeik stared at Lewis blankly. “You…you do realize I work, right? Like…non-stop.”

“Take a vacation.”

“Angela would kill me….”