Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 787

Drake mostly stood back and watched as Vela went off. It was definitely something he had seen her do before, but not to this extent, and not to people who were ‘in charge’ so to speak. It was funny, but Drake managed to keep a straight face through it all. When they did finally end up in the room alone, it was like a switch flipped, and her concerned self came over to him, looking him over and asking if he was all right.

“Remind me never to piss you off,” he said with a grin. “I’m fine, Vela. But what about you,” he pulled her over to the bed and pushed her down so he could examine her wings and arms where she had rammed the magical shielding. “No damage it looks like…that was really reckless of you…” He ran his hands through her hair. “I was worried you were going to hurt yourself…”

He looked around the room, and held back a laugh. “The younger Vela seemed to like a lot of things that…do not mesh with the Vela I know. Were these gifts?” He walked over to a music box that was on a rather garish looking dresser. It was a silver box, and when opened had a small dancer who twirled as music played. “Of course…my Vela can dance. Just not like this…”

Vela

Character Info
Name: Vela Alsephina
Alignment: CN
Race: Angel
Class: Treasure Hunter
Silver: 2475
“You haven’t pissed me off yet… On the contrary, somehow you’ve done the impossible and haven’t in five years… That’s a new record.” She oofed as he pushed her down and looked over her back. Her bed smelled like hibiscus flowers, something that brought her back to her childhood. They had even managed to keep that? These fucking people… She purred as he ran his fingers through her hair. “I don’t like being caged and I’m sorry I worried you.” Her voice was soft.

She shot up with a blush across her face. “THE YOUNGER VELA WAS A STUCK-UP CUNT! But not that stuck up obviously because I left.” She looked at the silver box, “It was my mother’s. She died when I was young but she had me practicing dance like that… and now I don’t remember how.” She chuckled a bit. “She died from a pregnancy gone wrong. Made me really hate noble society. It’s as bad as Simone says it is.”

She got up and grabbed a stuffed animal, “This is my bunny. There are many like this but this one is mine. Probably the only one if it was made for me but it was my favorite. Go ahead laugh ya dick. It was special to me at least. I didn’t get to take anything with me because I just decided to leave on a whim. Took my chance. Fell from the sky. Landed in Vilpa. Ya know how it is. If I had it with me it would have been stolen or sold. It’s just how it is.”

She put the bunny down. “Look at these dresses,” they were up to date for her size now and she stuck her tongue out. “I hate them. Too much… Frill… Not enough skin.” She flipped through until she found a light blue off-shoulder dress with tan underneath the blue floral pattern. It was a satin dress. “Help me into it?”

She might as well look the part. “Whatever… I’ll dress up but I am not a monkey!” She slammed her hands but took a brush and brushed out her hair. “How does it look?”

Firesong

Character Info
Drake helped her into the dress, and once she was in it he whistled. “It’s definitely not your style, Vela…but you do look good in it. I definitely like the way it hugs your hips.” He smirked. “They’ll probably make me dress up in something fancy too.” He wasn’t looking forward to it. Tight fitting clothes were not his thing.

Almost as if on cue, there was a knock at the door. A full on suite of people came in, measuring Drake. He merely gave Vela a tired, almost pained look as he was oogled, and within the hour he was in a tailored suit. It was a white and gold trimmed suit which hugged his frame, leaving little room to move if he needed to. If anything, he felt as if he could accidentally rip the whole thing by bending over.

“Well…what do you think?” Drake said as he looked over at Vela. “Not really my thing, right?”

Vela

Character Info
She smirked at him. “Maybe I’ll let you take it off later eh?” She gave him a kiss and touched his cheek affectionately. Once they were in she had a look on her face that screamed ‘ugh these bitches’. They were oogling her boyfriend and giggling. She held a bored expression on her face until they left.

“I think you look good but definitely not your colors… You look good though. I’d rip it off.” She chuckled and got up as she took his hands and swayed a little with him. “Just like at Simone and Lewis’s wedding. Huh? You remember? We danceedddd~” She danced badly with him and laughed. “I think I need alcohol in me for it to look sort of good?”

She frowned a bit as the door opened and Jeremy came in with a look on his face, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Having a fucking fun in this piss ass place you call a castle… What the fuck does it look like?”

“Can you act like a princess for once?”

“You know… I recall actually giving a shit before I watched the lower quarter being starved to death because of food supplies being low.”

“You are on this again? They sacrificed themselves.”

“No, we are supposed to take care of them. You greedy pig of a man,” Vela screamed at him. “It’s the entire fucking reason I left. You pompous no good thieving cockroach of an angelic being. That is our job. They are our people. They were my people.” She left to start poking at Jeremy’s chest. “And you and the rest of the asshats let them starve because of some divine ruling. Well, I happen to know the Goddess who rules over life. I talked to her during my surgery do you know what she said?”

“What?”

“That you are a bunch of dicks,” Vela pulled him down to her level. “And she would have sooner sent a plague through to wipe us out then to make people in the lower quarter suffer like that.” She let him. “I’m happy to know I was justified with how mad I was. That I made the right decision to leave because nothing I did would have changed you people.”

Jeremy watched her for a moment, “Place the bracelets on them and bring them to the dining hall.”

Vela walked with Drake into the hall and the man that sat at the head of the table didn’t even look at that old. Maybe in his thirties at most. Vela’s eyes softened a bit as she smacked Jeremy’s hand from forcing her near. “Get your fucking mitts of me you piece of shit,” she yelled at him and the angel king held up his hand as Vela got near and kneeled. “Hi Daddy.” Her voice was soft a bit.

“My sweet Vela… That mouth of yours I’ve heard so many stories.”

“I’m sure… I’m not so sweet I promise you Daddy.” She was like a child beneath him.

“Did you find what you were looking for?”

“More or less. I’m happier now.”

“That’s good. I told them to leave you be but…”

“They are a bunch of cunts,” Vela gave a smile and the king laughed.

“You… you have your mother’s fire.” For everything that Vela spoke ill of, it didn’t look like she actually hated the man in front of her but the system. “The man?”

“Ah, my lover boy. He’s put up with me for five years. You should know what kind of accomplishment that is. I was going through boyfriends faster than that fatass knight we used to have that we caught eating all the cheese.” The king sucked in a laugh.

“What’s your name boy and does my Vela give you a lot of problems?” The king looked much like Vela but his eyes were more like a turquoise. His skin a bit darker as well and he was much, much taller. "I heard you she gets into much trouble."

Firesong

Character Info
As they approached the king, Drake was thrown off at how young he appeared. It was when Vela started speaking with him, though, that Drake’s mind really started to reel. From everything that he had been told, from every way that Vela acted when her kingdom was brought up, this was not the exchange that he was expecting.

The two exchanged some aloof pleasantries, and then the king’s attention turned to Drake with a question. He gave Vela an awkward glance, and then took a half bow. It felt almost natural. There were certain formalities that had to be made when addressing a king, and for some reason Drake knew most of them by instinct, although if anyone were to have a complaint, it would be that they seemed a bit dated. “Drake. Just…Drake,” he said. He smiled a little. “Vela gives me a lot of problems, my lord, but it’s nothing I can’t handle..and I do enjoy it.” He gave Vela a look as he spoke, “It’s an honor to meet you.”

It seemed to take Jeremy back a little that Drake was being so formal. That a ‘commoner’ such as him would have any decency towards a foreign king.

Vela

Character Info
“You are confused?” The king looked at Drake and then looked at Vela. “What did you tell him?”

“That you all are a bunch of cunts. I hate you.” Vela’s voice was a little sad but the king rolled his shoulders as if he was brushing it off.

“That’s her mother in her. The queen was… a spitfire. She told the council off numerous times when they tried to make decisions. You’ll find that I… am not like her.”

“Got that right,” Vela smiled a bit and stood up. “I hate the council and I hate my father for not standing up to them. He knows.” The king held her hand gracefully. “The system that they have… it abuses the poor and I can’t stand it.”

“Vela has always given problems but her mother taught her from a young age not to take anyone–”

“Anyone’s shit. She taught me not to take anyone’s shit and to kick them in the shin and scream should they be assholes. And to bite.”

“Lyra was a shield maiden from a tribe of angels to the east. My heart~” The king spoke fondly. “A fighter. She would be disappointed in me…” The man before them was way too gentle to hold his position.

“Gods damn right she would be,” Vela put her hands on her hips staring at him.

“Even now I see Lyra glaring at me,” he chuckled a bit. “Lyra had this… beautiful copper hair too… You know how redheads always have an attitude. Thought Vela would get her hair just from how much she beat her mother up in the womb. A fighter from day one. Sit. Sit.”

Vela took a seat with Drake, “I don’t want to open the vault.”

“I’m afraid my hands are tied precious… Your grandfather…”

“IS A CUNT,” Vela yelled as she took a pitcher of wine and overfilled a glass. “Pompous dick.”

“Excuse me Princess Vela,” an older angel sat down and Vela sipped at her wine with a look on her face.

“Well, if it isn’t the king dick himself,” Vela elbowed her lover. “Meet my grandfather. Pompous asshole that is he.”

“I won’t be mistreat–”

“You don’t get a fucking say in how I treat you. You stupid ass motherfucking son of a whore,” Vela spouted off and threw her hands in the air. “You are lucky I’m even here. If I didn’t have Drake I would have ended myself just to watch your hope drain out of your god damn faces.”

“That mother of your–”

“Don’t you speak ill of my mother. Unlike you she had the balls to know how to run this country. I’ll be fucking damned if you spit on her grave,” Vela screamed. The king sunk back in his seat to avoid it and motioned at the food to Drake.

“I am very disappoin–”

“I don’t give a fuck what you are,” Vela stabbed her food and put her food in her mouth. “And furthermore, you have no say in what I do.” She spoke with her mouth fall and her father winced. “You are lucky I’m even here. Cause I know people who could come get me right now. Because I am valuable to them.” She swallowed and drank more of the wine.

“You are an alcoholic.”

“No, I am fun. You are a cold dead asshole I wish was in the ground. Next.” She yelled. “What’s for dessert Daddy?”

“DON’T LET HER ADDRESS–”

“Shut the fuck up,” Vela yelled at her grandfather. “What’s for dessert?”

“Your favorite… At least I hope it still is…”

“Ohhh, blueberry tarts?”

“And strawberry pie… I remembered.”

“Ohhhh~ I do miss Aushra’s strawberry pie… You have to try it Drake.”

Her grandfather had the look of being at the point of explosion. “I’m trying to negotiate.”

“You aren’t in the position to fucking negotiate with me Grandfather. Now… Why should I open this vault?”

“It could save your people.”

“You mean it could save you. I could sink this entire fucking city and save all the commoners and still sleep peacefully at night. No offense Daddy.”

“None taken… Drake… Maybe you have a solution to offer?” There was a pleading look on his face. If anyone could get Vela to cooperate maybe it was her lover/

Firesong

Character Info
Drake merely sat back and watched the scene unfold with little surprise. Actually, there was one thing that was unusual about the way Vela was acting…she hadn’t managed to break the table yet. When food was offered in the middle of it, Drake merely shrugged and started to eat a little. It was almost like Drake and the King had their own little private show as they chowed down on fine Aushra cuisine.

But, all good things had to end, and finally Drake was presented with a choice. He had been sipping wine at the time, and when he was offered up as a potential solution, he nearly choked on the wine. “I…uh…no, I think I agree with Vela on this one. You all got yourselves into this mess on your own…whatever’s in that vault won’t be enough to save things…” At least, that was what he believed.

Jeremy rolled his eyes, “Oh for the love of…” He stood up. “I figured this would happen…” He clapped his hands together, making a loud enough sound to draw everyone’s attention. “Vela, you will open the vault. You will open the vault, or your lover will die.”

Drake raised an eyebrow. “And how exactly…?”

“The cup has been poisoned. Vela…if you do not open the vault…” he gave her a look. “His their blood will be on your hands…”

“Oh boy,” Drake said as he sat back in his chair. “Poisoned…what ever will I do…” He started to pick his teeth. “I guess you should open the vault, Vela…” He didn’t seem too concerned. “Though I have a question…did you…account for a dragon’s dose?”

“A what’s dose?” Jeremy asked.

Vela

Character Info
Vela looked at Jeremy then looked at Drake. Then she looked at the cup. “Vela… VELA,” her father yelled at Vela took the cup, and drank deeply out of it. She slammed the cup down and stared at Jeremy.

“Fuck your vault.”

The color left Jeremy’s face. Her father looked pissed, “The antidote NOW.” It was the first time that she had heard her father get upset.

“The world is kinda spinnny~ Gonna die at this rate. No vault if I die.”

“THE ANTIDOTE NOW,” both her grandfather and her father screamed.

The antidote was brought in with an ornate bottle. They went to give it to Vela and she pursed her lips tight. She moved her head towards Drake first not caring if it wasn’t a dragon’s dose. She would only take it from Drake. Drake would know that look in her eyes.

Firesong

Character Info
Even if Vela hadn’t been stubborn about only Drake being the one to give the antidote, he still would have done it anyway. He grabbed the bottle as he shoved the poor waiter aside and practically forced Vela’s mouth open to pour the liquid down her throat.

“Swallow you idiot,” Drake said as the two slid down, Vela laying in his lap as he held her. “You idiot…” He started to stroke her hair as the antidote took effect. A few guards circled around them, and one tried to approach, but Drake glared daggers in their direction. Even without his magic, he was more than powerful enough to take on the entire room and leave alive. It seemed that no one wanted to challenge that, and backed away.

“Any reason why you tell me to stick around, and then try this stupid stunt?” he asked. “Didn’t think I was that bad looking. Coulda just said no from the start…” Despite the situation, he was still trying to crack at least a half assed joke or two.

Vela

Character Info
Vela’s stubborn ass gracefully took the antidote from Drake as he cradled her. Had to look very weird with how small she was compared to the massive dragon man. “You know… Some women make their breasts look bigger to show their men… I take poison to get him an antidote he clearly doesn’t need to make a point.” She brought her hand up and rubbed his face. “Besides the looks on their faces was priceless.”

She laughed a bit and coughed as a response. “Strong poison… but not strong enough for a dragon? That is kinda hot.” She laid on him and closed her eyes. “I’m going to nap a bit.”

“Take the magic links off of them,” her father ordered as he stood up. “Obviously, my own flesh and blood is welcomed here and her lover cares more than you. Thank the gods she didn’t marry you.”

Their magic cuffs were removed and the king moved over and treated her like she was fragile, “Are you okay?”

“I’m not dead old man!” She yelled. “I’M FUCKING TIRED! I just ingested a high-grade poison! Leave me to my dragon-man he is comfortable and warm…” She sounded out of it. “Let’s go. I wanna go to the room… and I wanna smell you!” She poked Drake’s chest. “or something. I don’t know. BED.”

"You are welcome to her room… We'll deal with Jeremy. I never thought she would intentionally poison herself to end a conflict… Jeremy to the war quarters… You'll be answering for this. Poisoning the princess…"

"SHE DRANK IT HERSELF."

"You didn't give her much choice," her father spat. "Her mother would have done the same thing if it were me. Even if it was dumb… It was done with love."

"All this yelling is giving me a fucking headache. Drake shut them up." Vela hid her face in his chest.