Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Vela, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:18 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“Shut the fuck up…” She playfully pushed him before being dragged in for a kiss. “Yeah… then we can go home…”

Vela shrugged, “There’s no information on what was inside this vault. It was kept secret even from the royalty that ruled it due to the nature of how the vault opens. It’s impenetrable from an outside force. I was just thinking about what I would do if I was hard up for cash.”

“You would sell your family out?”

“Drake is my family. I guess Raile too even though he sells my body for cash…” She thought about it.

“HE DOES WHAT?!”

“Easy old man. He sells dates with me and I get free food,” Vela put her hand on her hip. “I don’t touch anyone and it’s easy money. Most men leave because they can’t handle me. So far only this one has lasted.” She pointed at Drake and then shrugged. “I’m not easy to get along with.”

“Both… Raile to get them on straight and Simone to teach them how to lead. You’ll owe them a fuck ton but it will be worth it.”

“What do you mean… Low on funds? You are a royal…”

“I table dance,” Vela spoke like it wasn’t a problem.

“LIKE SOME COMMON WHORE?!” Jeremy was shocked.

“Whores get touched. I don’t get touched. Only by Drake and we already did that fantasy… It wasn’t our style.”

Her father, grandfather, and Jeremy both look shocked.

“Was it something I said?” She looked at Drake.

Author: Firesong, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:01 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“Was that a proposal?” Drake asked with a half smirk. “Vela, you really are settling down.” He leaned over and kissed her. “Of course I’ll stay by your side. I’d be crazy not to.” He kissed her again. “Now…let’s get this over with already.”

As they moved to the vault, Drake let Vela take the lead, and stood back as she opened it. To everyone’s surprise, save for Vela, the vault was completely empty, all but for a scabbard. When she tossed it to Drake, he immediately recognized it. “But why is it there…” “I don’t recall ever being here…” Auclair had stirred something…fragments of memories that he had lost. Yet here, there was nothing.

Drake pulled the blade out of the makeshift sheath he had been using, and slid it into the scabbard. “It’s a perfect fit…” He wondered if there was another sword out there, but something deep down told him that this weapon was a one of a kind.

But his business wasn’t the forefront of the problem at hand. It could be resolved at a later date. Instead, he focused on Vela, who had started to mention Simone. “I’m sure she wouldn’t mind helping for a price. Either that, or Raile. He’s more a businessman, but…if you let him pick and choose, I’m sure the kingdom could end up quite prosperous.”

“Speaking of…” He glanced to Vela. “…our funds are running low again. We should probably make a stop in Taevalinn for a few nights of work…”

Author: Vela, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:34 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Vela didn’t actually care if she had no clothes on. She had zero body modesty and she would tell anyone that to their faces. “Thanks,” She got all snuggled into the robe as he pulled her close and kissed her forehead. “Nope, don’t stop. Won’t stop either.” She gave him a smirk. “I wouldn’t be Vela if I did,” she gave him a salute. She fluffed her hair out of the robe and smirked at him.

“I have. After this Drake… Will you stay with me forever? Be by my side forever? Dive into the depths of who knows what? Forever? With me?” She looked up at him with her big purple eyes. “Do not tell Raile… He’s gonna start getting ideas.” She put her hand on her hips. “God knows how he’ll be.”

“If you have children…”

“OI, DON’T YOU START TOO! Raile is already all glittery-eyed!” She mumbled. “I’ll bring them around.” She said it just loud enough. “Let’s go to the vault.”

They were in front of a large gold and marble gateway of sorts with a pedestal. It was stained with blood. Showing that it had been opened and closed many times in it’s hay day. “How do you even know there’s something good in here?”

“Well, the documents…”

“They could be wrong. With as many times as this has been opened and closed… Not to mention the people who held the key… It’s probably empty.” Vela’s eyes laid on her father’s. “You know what I’m talking about.”

“Your great grandfather would never have…”

“He was in deep debt. Face the facts.” She held up her hand, “Guess I’ll prove it.” She recited a small incantation and the door lit up with great colors before opening. The lights flickered on from the great magic that bound it. It was empty just like Vela had said.

The only thing there… was a scabbard. She walked in and picked it up. “It was a sword.” Her eyes went to Drake’s sword. “It matches yours… Ironically.” She threw it to Drake. “Think your sword has a twin? Or maybe the same maker?”

Her father and grandfather were both in mourning, “What do we do?”

“You stop the council and take back your country. You become not shit leaders. I know someone. I’ll ask her if she’ll give you council. Do you remember a place called Auclair?”

“Terrible tragedy…”

“Well… Their princess is alive and well. I can ask her to help,” she held up her hand. “Not for free though. She’s a busy person… Mistreat her and her husband will slit your throats. What do you think Drake?”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:55 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Drake had been out wandering the castle and getting his bearings straight. He had even taken a stop at the airship to make sure their load was still secure, and grab himself a bite to eat. He didn’t want a repeat of the fiasco earlier, and knew that their food was safe. It was on his way back to the room that he heard vela was awake, and marching through the halls stark naked.

“Oh no…” He rushed into the room, grabbing a silver blue robe and rushing to where he knew she’d be. It was about when she realized that she was naked that Drake ran into the room, throwing the robe around her. He used the ties to pull her closer to him, tying it off for her. “You never stop, do you…always in a rush. I swear you’d leave your head if it wasn’t attached…” He kissed her forehead, seeming not to care that they were in the presence of her family.

“So…you’ve decided then?” Drake asked with a half smile.

Author: Vela, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:41 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

It was a few hours after the antidote that Vela woke up and shot up in bed. She threw the blankets off of her and looks like she was just stretching. She stretched her arms, her legs, and her wings. “Now.” She moved over to the door and kicked it off the hinges.

“Okay, you fucking assholes,” she marched out stark naked. “I want to see the king!” She put her hands on her hip.

“PRINCESS VELA!” The guards and everyone were covering their eyes.

“Oh shut up. I’ve had enough of this.” She wiggled and started to be on the move. “LOOK OLD MAN!” she pointed at him. “I will open the vault but I want nothing else to do with this place!” Her grandfather and father were covering their eyes. “WHY IS EVERYONE DOING THAT?!”

She looked down at herself, “Oh, no wonder it's so breezy~”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:33 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

It didn’t take Drake much convincing to take Vela back to her room. She was acting all sorts of loopy, and the shouting matches between her and the others weren’t making anything better. It was a struggle to get her out of the dress, but once she was naked, he practically carried her to the bed, and threw on covers. He had taken off the cumbersome jacket to the suit, but was still wearing the nice button down, though it was disheveled at this point from the work he had done to get Vela settled.

“You’re crazy, you know,” Drake said as he pet her softly. She snuggled up close to him, her head in his lap as he stroked her hair. They stayed like this for some time, with Vela raving about how much she liked Drake, and how he smelled so good. Whatever was in the poison and antidote seemed to hit her harder than any drunk she had ever had.

“Shhh…go to sleep, Vela…”

Author: Vela, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:09 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Vela’s stubborn ass gracefully took the antidote from Drake as he cradled her. Had to look very weird with how small she was compared to the massive dragon man. “You know… Some women make their breasts look bigger to show their men… I take poison to get him an antidote he clearly doesn’t need to make a point.” She brought her hand up and rubbed his face. “Besides the looks on their faces was priceless.”

She laughed a bit and coughed as a response. “Strong poison… but not strong enough for a dragon? That is kinda hot.” She laid on him and closed her eyes. “I’m going to nap a bit.”

“Take the magic links off of them,” her father ordered as he stood up. “Obviously, my own flesh and blood is welcomed here and her lover cares more than you. Thank the gods she didn’t marry you.”

Their magic cuffs were removed and the king moved over and treated her like she was fragile, “Are you okay?”

“I’m not dead old man!” She yelled. “I’M FUCKING TIRED! I just ingested a high-grade poison! Leave me to my dragon-man he is comfortable and warm…” She sounded out of it. “Let’s go. I wanna go to the room… and I wanna smell you!” She poked Drake’s chest. “or something. I don’t know. BED.”

"You are welcome to her room… We'll deal with Jeremy. I never thought she would intentionally poison herself to end a conflict… Jeremy to the war quarters… You'll be answering for this. Poisoning the princess…"

"SHE DRANK IT HERSELF."

"You didn't give her much choice," her father spat. "Her mother would have done the same thing if it were me. Even if it was dumb… It was done with love."

"All this yelling is giving me a fucking headache. Drake shut them up." Vela hid her face in his chest.

Author: Firesong, Posted: Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:51 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Even if Vela hadn’t been stubborn about only Drake being the one to give the antidote, he still would have done it anyway. He grabbed the bottle as he shoved the poor waiter aside and practically forced Vela’s mouth open to pour the liquid down her throat.

“Swallow you idiot,” Drake said as the two slid down, Vela laying in his lap as he held her. “You idiot…” He started to stroke her hair as the antidote took effect. A few guards circled around them, and one tried to approach, but Drake glared daggers in their direction. Even without his magic, he was more than powerful enough to take on the entire room and leave alive. It seemed that no one wanted to challenge that, and backed away.

“Any reason why you tell me to stick around, and then try this stupid stunt?” he asked. “Didn’t think I was that bad looking. Coulda just said no from the start…” Despite the situation, he was still trying to crack at least a half assed joke or two.

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:56 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Vela looked at Jeremy then looked at Drake. Then she looked at the cup. “Vela… VELA,” her father yelled at Vela took the cup, and drank deeply out of it. She slammed the cup down and stared at Jeremy.

“Fuck your vault.”

The color left Jeremy’s face. Her father looked pissed, “The antidote NOW.” It was the first time that she had heard her father get upset.

“The world is kinda spinnny~ Gonna die at this rate. No vault if I die.”

“THE ANTIDOTE NOW,” both her grandfather and her father screamed.

The antidote was brought in with an ornate bottle. They went to give it to Vela and she pursed her lips tight. She moved her head towards Drake first not caring if it wasn’t a dragon’s dose. She would only take it from Drake. Drake would know that look in her eyes.

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:49 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Drake merely sat back and watched the scene unfold with little surprise. Actually, there was one thing that was unusual about the way Vela was acting…she hadn’t managed to break the table yet. When food was offered in the middle of it, Drake merely shrugged and started to eat a little. It was almost like Drake and the King had their own little private show as they chowed down on fine Aushra cuisine.

But, all good things had to end, and finally Drake was presented with a choice. He had been sipping wine at the time, and when he was offered up as a potential solution, he nearly choked on the wine. “I…uh…no, I think I agree with Vela on this one. You all got yourselves into this mess on your own…whatever’s in that vault won’t be enough to save things…” At least, that was what he believed.

Jeremy rolled his eyes, “Oh for the love of…” He stood up. “I figured this would happen…” He clapped his hands together, making a loud enough sound to draw everyone’s attention. “Vela, you will open the vault. You will open the vault, or your lover will die.”

Drake raised an eyebrow. “And how exactly…?”

“The cup has been poisoned. Vela…if you do not open the vault…” he gave her a look. “His their blood will be on your hands…”

“Oh boy,” Drake said as he sat back in his chair. “Poisoned…what ever will I do…” He started to pick his teeth. “I guess you should open the vault, Vela…” He didn’t seem too concerned. “Though I have a question…did you…account for a dragon’s dose?”

“A what’s dose?” Jeremy asked.

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:35 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“You are confused?” The king looked at Drake and then looked at Vela. “What did you tell him?”

“That you all are a bunch of cunts. I hate you.” Vela’s voice was a little sad but the king rolled his shoulders as if he was brushing it off.

“That’s her mother in her. The queen was… a spitfire. She told the council off numerous times when they tried to make decisions. You’ll find that I… am not like her.”

“Got that right,” Vela smiled a bit and stood up. “I hate the council and I hate my father for not standing up to them. He knows.” The king held her hand gracefully. “The system that they have… it abuses the poor and I can’t stand it.”

“Vela has always given problems but her mother taught her from a young age not to take anyone–”

“Anyone’s shit. She taught me not to take anyone’s shit and to kick them in the shin and scream should they be assholes. And to bite.”

“Lyra was a shield maiden from a tribe of angels to the east. My heart~” The king spoke fondly. “A fighter. She would be disappointed in me…” The man before them was way too gentle to hold his position.

“Gods damn right she would be,” Vela put her hands on her hips staring at him.

“Even now I see Lyra glaring at me,” he chuckled a bit. “Lyra had this… beautiful copper hair too… You know how redheads always have an attitude. Thought Vela would get her hair just from how much she beat her mother up in the womb. A fighter from day one. Sit. Sit.”

Vela took a seat with Drake, “I don’t want to open the vault.”

“I’m afraid my hands are tied precious… Your grandfather…”

“IS A CUNT,” Vela yelled as she took a pitcher of wine and overfilled a glass. “Pompous dick.”

“Excuse me Princess Vela,” an older angel sat down and Vela sipped at her wine with a look on her face.

“Well, if it isn’t the king dick himself,” Vela elbowed her lover. “Meet my grandfather. Pompous asshole that is he.”

“I won’t be mistreat–”

“You don’t get a fucking say in how I treat you. You stupid ass motherfucking son of a whore,” Vela spouted off and threw her hands in the air. “You are lucky I’m even here. If I didn’t have Drake I would have ended myself just to watch your hope drain out of your god damn faces.”

“That mother of your–”

“Don’t you speak ill of my mother. Unlike you she had the balls to know how to run this country. I’ll be fucking damned if you spit on her grave,” Vela screamed. The king sunk back in his seat to avoid it and motioned at the food to Drake.

“I am very disappoin–”

“I don’t give a fuck what you are,” Vela stabbed her food and put her food in her mouth. “And furthermore, you have no say in what I do.” She spoke with her mouth fall and her father winced. “You are lucky I’m even here. Cause I know people who could come get me right now. Because I am valuable to them.” She swallowed and drank more of the wine.

“You are an alcoholic.”

“No, I am fun. You are a cold dead asshole I wish was in the ground. Next.” She yelled. “What’s for dessert Daddy?”

“DON’T LET HER ADDRESS–”

“Shut the fuck up,” Vela yelled at her grandfather. “What’s for dessert?”

“Your favorite… At least I hope it still is…”

“Ohhh, blueberry tarts?”

“And strawberry pie… I remembered.”

“Ohhhh~ I do miss Aushra’s strawberry pie… You have to try it Drake.”

Her grandfather had the look of being at the point of explosion. “I’m trying to negotiate.”

“You aren’t in the position to fucking negotiate with me Grandfather. Now… Why should I open this vault?”

“It could save your people.”

“You mean it could save you. I could sink this entire fucking city and save all the commoners and still sleep peacefully at night. No offense Daddy.”

“None taken… Drake… Maybe you have a solution to offer?” There was a pleading look on his face. If anyone could get Vela to cooperate maybe it was her lover/

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:18 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

As they approached the king, Drake was thrown off at how young he appeared. It was when Vela started speaking with him, though, that Drake’s mind really started to reel. From everything that he had been told, from every way that Vela acted when her kingdom was brought up, this was not the exchange that he was expecting.

The two exchanged some aloof pleasantries, and then the king’s attention turned to Drake with a question. He gave Vela an awkward glance, and then took a half bow. It felt almost natural. There were certain formalities that had to be made when addressing a king, and for some reason Drake knew most of them by instinct, although if anyone were to have a complaint, it would be that they seemed a bit dated. “Drake. Just…Drake,” he said. He smiled a little. “Vela gives me a lot of problems, my lord, but it’s nothing I can’t handle..and I do enjoy it.” He gave Vela a look as he spoke, “It’s an honor to meet you.”

It seemed to take Jeremy back a little that Drake was being so formal. That a ‘commoner’ such as him would have any decency towards a foreign king.

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:06 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

She smirked at him. “Maybe I’ll let you take it off later eh?” She gave him a kiss and touched his cheek affectionately. Once they were in she had a look on her face that screamed ‘ugh these bitches’. They were oogling her boyfriend and giggling. She held a bored expression on her face until they left.

“I think you look good but definitely not your colors… You look good though. I’d rip it off.” She chuckled and got up as she took his hands and swayed a little with him. “Just like at Simone and Lewis’s wedding. Huh? You remember? We danceedddd~” She danced badly with him and laughed. “I think I need alcohol in me for it to look sort of good?”

She frowned a bit as the door opened and Jeremy came in with a look on his face, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Having a fucking fun in this piss ass place you call a castle… What the fuck does it look like?”

“Can you act like a princess for once?”

“You know… I recall actually giving a shit before I watched the lower quarter being starved to death because of food supplies being low.”

“You are on this again? They sacrificed themselves.”

“No, we are supposed to take care of them. You greedy pig of a man,” Vela screamed at him. “It’s the entire fucking reason I left. You pompous no good thieving cockroach of an angelic being. That is our job. They are our people. They were my people.” She left to start poking at Jeremy’s chest. “And you and the rest of the asshats let them starve because of some divine ruling. Well, I happen to know the Goddess who rules over life. I talked to her during my surgery do you know what she said?”

“What?”

“That you are a bunch of dicks,” Vela pulled him down to her level. “And she would have sooner sent a plague through to wipe us out then to make people in the lower quarter suffer like that.” She let him. “I’m happy to know I was justified with how mad I was. That I made the right decision to leave because nothing I did would have changed you people.”

Jeremy watched her for a moment, “Place the bracelets on them and bring them to the dining hall.”

Vela walked with Drake into the hall and the man that sat at the head of the table didn’t even look at that old. Maybe in his thirties at most. Vela’s eyes softened a bit as she smacked Jeremy’s hand from forcing her near. “Get your fucking mitts of me you piece of shit,” she yelled at him and the angel king held up his hand as Vela got near and kneeled. “Hi Daddy.” Her voice was soft a bit.

“My sweet Vela… That mouth of yours I’ve heard so many stories.”

“I’m sure… I’m not so sweet I promise you Daddy.” She was like a child beneath him.

“Did you find what you were looking for?”

“More or less. I’m happier now.”

“That’s good. I told them to leave you be but…”

“They are a bunch of cunts,” Vela gave a smile and the king laughed.

“You… you have your mother’s fire.” For everything that Vela spoke ill of, it didn’t look like she actually hated the man in front of her but the system. “The man?”

“Ah, my lover boy. He’s put up with me for five years. You should know what kind of accomplishment that is. I was going through boyfriends faster than that fatass knight we used to have that we caught eating all the cheese.” The king sucked in a laugh.

“What’s your name boy and does my Vela give you a lot of problems?” The king looked much like Vela but his eyes were more like a turquoise. His skin a bit darker as well and he was much, much taller. "I heard you she gets into much trouble."

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:51 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Drake helped her into the dress, and once she was in it he whistled. “It’s definitely not your style, Vela…but you do look good in it. I definitely like the way it hugs your hips.” He smirked. “They’ll probably make me dress up in something fancy too.” He wasn’t looking forward to it. Tight fitting clothes were not his thing.

Almost as if on cue, there was a knock at the door. A full on suite of people came in, measuring Drake. He merely gave Vela a tired, almost pained look as he was oogled, and within the hour he was in a tailored suit. It was a white and gold trimmed suit which hugged his frame, leaving little room to move if he needed to. If anything, he felt as if he could accidentally rip the whole thing by bending over.

“Well…what do you think?” Drake said as he looked over at Vela. “Not really my thing, right?”

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:35 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“You haven’t pissed me off yet… On the contrary, somehow you’ve done the impossible and haven’t in five years… That’s a new record.” She oofed as he pushed her down and looked over her back. Her bed smelled like hibiscus flowers, something that brought her back to her childhood. They had even managed to keep that? These fucking people… She purred as he ran his fingers through her hair. “I don’t like being caged and I’m sorry I worried you.” Her voice was soft.

She shot up with a blush across her face. “THE YOUNGER VELA WAS A STUCK-UP CUNT! But not that stuck up obviously because I left.” She looked at the silver box, “It was my mother’s. She died when I was young but she had me practicing dance like that… and now I don’t remember how.” She chuckled a bit. “She died from a pregnancy gone wrong. Made me really hate noble society. It’s as bad as Simone says it is.”

She got up and grabbed a stuffed animal, “This is my bunny. There are many like this but this one is mine. Probably the only one if it was made for me but it was my favorite. Go ahead laugh ya dick. It was special to me at least. I didn’t get to take anything with me because I just decided to leave on a whim. Took my chance. Fell from the sky. Landed in Vilpa. Ya know how it is. If I had it with me it would have been stolen or sold. It’s just how it is.”

She put the bunny down. “Look at these dresses,” they were up to date for her size now and she stuck her tongue out. “I hate them. Too much… Frill… Not enough skin.” She flipped through until she found a light blue off-shoulder dress with tan underneath the blue floral pattern. It was a satin dress. “Help me into it?”

She might as well look the part. “Whatever… I’ll dress up but I am not a monkey!” She slammed her hands but took a brush and brushed out her hair. “How does it look?”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:25 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Drake mostly stood back and watched as Vela went off. It was definitely something he had seen her do before, but not to this extent, and not to people who were ‘in charge’ so to speak. It was funny, but Drake managed to keep a straight face through it all. When they did finally end up in the room alone, it was like a switch flipped, and her concerned self came over to him, looking him over and asking if he was all right.

“Remind me never to piss you off,” he said with a grin. “I’m fine, Vela. But what about you,” he pulled her over to the bed and pushed her down so he could examine her wings and arms where she had rammed the magical shielding. “No damage it looks like…that was really reckless of you…” He ran his hands through her hair. “I was worried you were going to hurt yourself…”

He looked around the room, and held back a laugh. “The younger Vela seemed to like a lot of things that…do not mesh with the Vela I know. Were these gifts?” He walked over to a music box that was on a rather garish looking dresser. It was a silver box, and when opened had a small dancer who twirled as music played. “Of course…my Vela can dance. Just not like this…”

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:06 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“As if what I do play any contest to that dick measuring contest you want to have,” Vela huffed a bit in a quiet comment. “He stays with me or I give you nothing. And to me you are the common rabble.” She shook her head with sass as her white hair shook everyone.

“If you think tha–”

“Ah ah ah… No sass. I am very much serious. I will not speak. I will not move. I will not even so much as prick my motherfucking finger. I will not utter any incantation. I will start not to breath, and I can turn myself purple by the way. If you so much as look at him wrong. So. Your. Choice.”

Jeremy was giving her a look, “You are the prisoner.”

“No, I am your key. You will treat me as such,” Vela was glaring him down, “Do not think I am the weak girl that I once was because you will find your ass beat into the ground if you aren’t careful.”

“Fine, he stays with you. He must respect the kin–”

“That man is no king. He is a fucking coward.” Vela spat. “Surprised he isn’t dead yet. The only reason he wants me home is so he can have his precious vault open. Some fucking father figure he is.” The other angels didn’t know what to make of Vela. They had only heard of her capture.

“Your wing.”

“Got blown off by a fucking airship cannon. Still have more balls than you for sitting through it and I didn’t pass out,” Vela was full of piss and vinegar as Jeremy reeled back. “The magitek is from a goddess so I would be careful~ I’m a divine science experiment now. Thank you. Since when the fuck do you greet prisoners you fucking parasite.”

“Enough, I will not be riled by you.”

“What your daddy didn’t want you? Or did my old man manage to pop out another daughter for you to marry,” she brought up her hand to pull down her eyelid and stuck her tongue out.

“You juvinile little bi-”

“I’M SORRY I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF ME DECIDING NOT TO COOPERATE,” she started to scream as she turned her back to him. “Did you hear something?” She looked at Drake. “Because I thought I heard a cunt calling me a bitch.”

“ENOUGH,” Jeremy yelled. “You have no sister. We are no longer betrothed. I am a high-ranking member of the council now.”

Vela closed her eyes and nodded, “And still a cunt.” She said it almost too calmly. “So… Can I see our room? Cell? Prison Room? Fancy pompous room? Guest bedroom? Dungeon?”

“I GET THE POINT. The magic shackles stay on though when you are outside the room. The room has runes that will restrict your magic naturally. Bring them.” Vela found herself not impressed as they ended up in her childhood room.

It wasn’t touched. She moved around with dramatic steps as they took the cuffs off her. “Thanks.” She rubbed her wrists as she looked around. “Oh wow. Look. Little Vela’s stuff. No one even wanted to move in.”

“We were instructed to keep it as is should you come home.”

“Fat fucking chance mate,” Vela rolled her eyes.

“I can’t deal with you anymore. There will be a meeting in an hour. Be ready. Outfits will be provided. No funny business.”

“I would just spit in his food but you know… Old man is probably hanging on a limb,” Vela waved at Jeremy. “Fucking asshole,” she dropped the cheerful act and went over to Drake to make sure he was okay. “Did they hurt you?”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:54 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Drake clicked his tongue. He would rather not leave Vela in the hands of the other angels, but he didn’t have much of a choice. That, and with her earlier threat, he at least knew that they couldn’t hurt her. They needed her very much alive in order to get what they wanted.

“Fine,” Drake said, still glaring at the angelic guard. It took a little bit of time for them to get the arrangement set up, but soon Drake had the airship following behind Vela and the guards escorting her, flying higher and higher into the sky. Soon, it seemed as though the airship was floating on a sea of clouds. Off in the distance was a large, gold and white spire. As they neared it, the kingdom that Vela hailed from shimmered into view.

Vast towers of gold and white were everywhere, attached to a great castle. Smaller islands were all around, with what looked like fields of crops enveloped in magic bubbles. On the interior of the great walls on the main castle was a city, with people running to and fro about their daily lives. An entire angelic kingdom hidden in the sky. Vela’s kingdom.

Drake was shown where to dock the airship, and was escorted off. He was held back, though, as Vela was pushed forward and a rather lanky, gaunt looking angel wearing purple robes approached her.

“Ah…Vela. I see you’re still associating with common trash,” he said with a sneer.

“Ah…Jeremy. I see you’re still alive and kicking. Would have guessed you’d have died by now, but it seems even the soulstream doesn’t want you.”

“Oh, hey look…you two know each other,” Drake said with an eye roll.

Jeremy glanced at Drake with disdain, and then back to Vela. “How we treat him wholly depends on how well you cooperate. He can either get the highest tower, or the lowest dungeon. The choice…is yours.”

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:42 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Vela stopped her motions if only for his words, “Railoch?” Her breathing got a bit more shallow as she panicked. If it were quiet enough her heart was going fast. They caught her, they finally caught her. This had been a trap. “Okay… Okay… Yeah…” She put her head near his. “Don’t.”

The barrier was dropped just enough to put her in cuffs. Vela looked up at Drake and she leaned into him. “Fine, whatever I’ll listen to what you say.”

“I don’t think you got a choice.”

“I could just off myself.” They were hesitating now. “That’s what I thought. You need me alive and willing or that vault isn’t going to open. I off myself… The vault ends with me.” Vela had regained a bit of her sanity and her calm. She needed it so she could deal with them. “Our airship. We need to take it with us. Let Drake fly it. Keep me with you. We’ll go back to Aushra with you.”

“Good. Fine, let the man fly the airship along with us. I hope you can fly after your little stunt.”

“I’m one of the best fliers in all of Canelux. Even in this condition,” she said it bitterly. “You going to be okay to do that Drake?”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:36 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

As they released Drake, they threw magical restraints on him, and pushed him forward with a sword to his back. But that didn’t matter at the moment.

“Vela! Calm down! You’ll only hurt yourself!” he said, his voice barely calm. He wanted to rip every single one of them to pieces, but that wasn’t exactly an option. “Vela…shhh…” He pressed his head against the shield. “It’s just like that time in Railoch…” The time where Vela had faked an injury to fool a rather large band of raiders into taking her directly to their base. The moment that she arrived, she and Drake tore the place apart.

“I promise…I won’t leave you,” Drake said with a smile.

Author: Vela, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:29 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

“I don’t regret shit. I drink.” She put her hands on her hips and gave him a smile. “Besides… It’s a bit overdue isn’t it?” Once more she wrapped herself around him and she gave him a look. “That’s good… Maybe Simone might know more? Even a little bit is better than nothing Drake.” She kissed his forehead again.

Once it came down to her fear she seemed a bit better hearing his answer. They held hands and she smirked, “Thanks. Don’t want to go showing my whole heart to a runaway.”

Vela was happily getting trinkets and sending them back but before long she too noticed they were being followed. “This isn’t good…” Had they gotten complacent? Too in love with the peace? The last five years had made them soft.

Vela was forced away from Drake by a magic shield. “HEY!” She started to bang on it. “HEY! DRAKE!” She yelled. She was a few feet from him now as she looked like a rabid animal trying get out. “I don’t know who the fuck you are but I will rip your fucking limbs off!”

“That’s no way for a princess to talk… Princess,” a grinning angel came out and all that did was make Vela proceed to ram her into the barrier. She was starting to hurt herself.

“LET ME OUT!”

“This is no good she is going to hurt her or pass out from panic,” another angel stepped out. “You there… creature can you stop her from hurting her?”

“LET ME OUT OF HERE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW,” she screamed as she summoned her wings and bolted against the walls hard. It wasn’t good with her prosthetic considering how much damage it could do to her body from being rammed in.

"Just stop her or something," the angels let Drake 'out' so he could calm down Vela who was in panic mode trying to get away. She was like a caged bird.

Author: Firesong, Posted: Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:17 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

What little pain there was subsided rather quickly, leaving Drake staring at Vela. She had used the ‘l’ word for the first time. “Really? In the middle of a dead city is when you decide that you want to drop the l-bomb?” He was smirking, though, at what she had said. “You better not go regretting saying things like that, Vela…you might get a man’s hopes up.” He looked around again. Only small bits and pieces were there. He remembered the bakery, and the lockup. There were kids that used to play on the streets, and a man who would give out sweets for a mere silver piece.

Vela was joking about being a guard and locking her up, but he shook his head. “I didn’t live here. That much I know….otherwise, i feel like Simone would have known me. No…I was visiting. I had to be…” The question was why. Vela was quiet, though, for a moment before she finally spoke again.

She asked him to never leave. Drake was a little surprised at that, but he took her hand and squeezed it gently. “I don’t plan on leaving, Vela.” Though, he wondered what he was like in this previous life.

“Anyway…let’s keep going. There’s other things afoot here…” He scanned the lockup, and got a few trinkets and tools of the trade, sending them back to the airship before moving onto the next building.

Still…something felt very off about the place. One building in particular, Drake could have sworn he heard someone outside. As they stepped out, the trap was sprung…

Author: Vela, Posted: Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:58 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

Vela took his face, “Hey, it will be okay. I’m here with you.” She pet his face and kissed him. “I love you…” It was the first time she told him. She gave him a few more kisses to ease the pain before she hugged him tightly. “That means you were here when Simone was here… The city was alive. We’re getting closer to your memories now and why you lost them.” She stroked his hair gently. “I’ll be here I promise…” She just wanted the pain to stop for him and she could tell it was hurting him.

She took his hand tightly, “Wonder what you were in Auclair… Though you know where the lock-up was… Maybe I can be your prisoner and you can be my handsome guard I’m trying to convince to let me out…” She was joking with him but a few minutes ago she had just told him she loved him. She hadn’t forgotten she said it. Her face was flushed and she hadn’t really said it to anyone before. She cared for people yes but she actually loved Drake.

“Never leave me okay? Even if you remember who you are.”

Author: Firesong, Posted: Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:44 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

As pleasant as the morning was, it was merely the calm before the storm. Auclair was a dead place, and despite their many adventures throughout the lands, this one felt…almost wrong. From what Raile was saying, this was less about the silver and more about the preservation of history. Though, it did help that he was getting well paid for the endeavor.

“The dead here…they’re restless,” Drake said as they walked hand in hand through the first part of the town. He could almost feel the presence of those who used to live here. “There’s malice in the air…” He paused. “Turn…left up here. There used to be a bakery…”

Vela gave him a startled look, but followed his instruction. Surely enough, the burned out husk of a building seemed to have indeed been a bakery from what the two could tell. A few of the tools they had used to bake had survived, so the two sent it back to their ship and moved on.

“And ahead here…was a lockup. A smaller one…they didn’t have much in the way of crime. Just a few kids running…” Drake winced. His head was hurting. “I’ve been here before…but I can’t remember why…”

Author: Vela, Posted: Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:26 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

She held up five fingers. “Raile always looks at me with stars in his eyes whenever your name gets said.” She didn’t believe it either but Drake was interesting to her and he kept her in line without restricting her too much.

She looked at the map again and nodded, “Okay, no I can fly. I’ve gotten a lot better at it since they attached the wing. It even looks so real to me. Even has feelings near the joints.” As he found out as soon as he could touch it. The plus side of it was the wing never molted and if it lost a feather, which it almost never did, Shiloh had made tons of them for replacements. “Besides I got this sexy boyfriend who will catch me if I fall.” She got up and kissed him heavily.

“But I don’t want to start stuff again so soon so I’ll be good.” She kissed his forehead before heading back into their room. She got dressed in simple traveling wear for her. They flew down to the ruins of Auclair and she looked around. “I can smell death here… I don’t like this place.” No wonder Raile said to leave the castle alone at her wishes. “There’s evil everywhere.”

There was a shiver up her spine as she took Drake’s hand. “Let’s go.” It was a comfort thing. “Lots of death came here…” She kissed him again and pulled him along. “The farmer’s houses should be this way according to the map.” She hesitated letting go of him and unrolled the map. “Yeah, this way.”

She looked around, “It feels like people are watching us…” She shivered and dragged him with her.

Author: Firesong, Posted: Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:11 PM, Post Subject: Treasure Hunting, Round Thr- [p/r]

As Drake sat down to eat the breakfast he made, he thought about what Vela had asked, on whether or not she had decided to settle down. “Well, I don’t really know what it was like before we met, but if that’s what he said, I’m inclined to believe it. That, and from what I’ve been told, no one else has lasted more than a year with you…and we’re on…” He thought for a moment. “Four? Five? Somewhere in that range.”

The subject changed, though, to the job at hand. “Right…Auclair, that’s the name.” As with some things, it had a familiar ring to it. But that had been over five hundred years ago. Then again, Drake was a dragon. It could easily be possible that he was alive back then.

“We can land there,” he said pointing. “It won’t be too difficult. From there, you and I can fly.” He looked over at Vela and smiled. “You worried about your wing in the swamp? Maybe we should go on foot instead?” He stretched, still only half dressed after their morning activities. “Well…let’s get ready to go, then…”