Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Wrong Turn, Dead End
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Shiloh nodded but said nothing in response to the woman's statement. It wasn't that she didn't know there were many reasons why people kept quiet about their past deeds. She was venting, and the weariness of traveling so far was getting to her. Besides, her resentment was only directed towards a very specific group of the populace; but she didn't want to think about that right now. Listening carefully to the information relayed to her, she relaxed knowing that none of the local governments were likely out for her blood. The mages in Iria were more like independent scholars than a high council, all the better. Adeluna seemed like the typical kingdom, nothing special. At least it was being managed properly according to Angela's opinion. That place would be the most similar to Marhaven, so she wouldn't need to expect too many differences.

"The person who gave me information in the seaport told me Adeluna would be the place to go for a more orderly city. This was in comparison to the pirate den, however. It was the only thing I had to go on before I left the place, so here I am." That was the truth, as simple as it sounded. It was all she had to go off on, yet she had managed to get this far. "So is there a centralized religion here or multiple practiced faiths?" Shiloh was never one to be religious, but she understood piety and knew when it was due. Or rather instead of giving offerings, she gave reverence and respect. She had doubted that a being more powerful than her needed anything from the material world and would prefer acknowledgement.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
“They weren’t wrong,” she said, nodding as Shiloh described the way Adeluna had been explained to her. “It’s one of the more hospitable settlements, that is for sure… but as you say, in comparison to Vilpamolan, anything would seem like a shining gem.” Shiloh’s next question caught her off guard - but a moment’s recollection gave way to the fact that it was pure coincidence that she was asking this of Dalanesca. “Canelux is fairly polytheistic,” she said, trying to come up with the best way to phrase what she was trying to explain. “The many gods of Revaliir are worshipped by many - some follow all, some just one - it is a fairly split culture,” she said.

She paused, before continuing on. “I would say that the majority of people in and around Adeluna are fairly monotheistic themselves. You will find many areas of worship, but each one will contain people just dedicated to one deity. I once saw a very strange temple dedicated to the Reaper,” she said, containing a laugh. “They were conducting human sacrifices. Suffice to say, they didn’t please her,” she said, snickering in a fairly dark way.

She cleared her throat. “Wherever you are from, what do you follow?” she asked, finding herself merely curious. She was never upset by people who did not believe in the polytheistic existence that actually held Revaliir - she just found their reasoning to be rather curious from time to time. Eventually, she would reveal her true self - but she needed to wait for the proper time.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
When Angela made the comparison of Adeluna to Vilpamolan, she nodded in agreement. She couldn't have described it any better herself. When you starting from the bottom, it wasn't hard to see anything above it as an improvement. The answer to her next question was interesting, and surprising. In general, the world was polytheistic in that it recognized many deities. However, regional beliefs ranged from polytheism to monotheism depending on the local governance and then that too varied once you came down to the individual level. Normally she expected principalities to be wholly devoted to one or two deities, with each having their own personal pantheon. The idea of people picking and choosing from a universally-accepted group of gods was something new. Shiloh wondered if any of the said deities ever became jealous if another received more attention than they did, but decided it was a silly thought. They probably didn't really care all that much having existed for an eternity anyway.

"So universally polytheistic but depending on individual practice. Interesting. I'm sure the kings back home could learn a thing or two from people here in coexistence and tolerance." In response to the comment on the sacrifices to the Reaper, she remarked. "I'm not surprised. I'd imagine the Reaper would find such tribute incredibly boring and unimaginative. I mean, the Reaper's job involves taking the lives of mortals. I doubt having people offer up more human souls is going to garner much appreciation. It's nothing new and very predictable."

"Me? I'm not from 'here'–wherever this world is. The first place I arrived in was that pirate den, but I wouldn't consider myself part of it's inhabitants. I myself hold no religious affiliation, but I give respect when it is due. Do I believe in a higher power? Yes, but I don't personally go out of my way to commit sacrilege. I only believe in what makes sense, in short." Fiddling with one of the straps of her knapsack, she slowed her pace while walking. "…Is it just me, or do I hear shuffling? Someone's dragging their feet, or walking awfully loudly." Shiloh doubted it was the woman travelling with her, and she was sure it wasn't her own footsteps.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
“More or less,” she agreed. “And you would be surprised, actually, about the Reaper,” she said, continuing to speak about herself as though she were someone else entirely. “There are many misconceptions about the Harbinger,” she said, using another of the many titles held by the Goddess of Death and Darkness. “From what I have heard, she is not nearly as evil as some make her out to be. Yes, she takes the souls of mortals - but only the souls of those who have committed heinous crimes in their time on this plane,” she said. Inadvertently, her voice had taken on a more serious and sinister tone. “I would suggest you remember that thought, through your life,” she said, and the words were not meant as a harmful warning - merely informational. “You seem to have your head on your shoulders fairly well,” she added, and quickly reverted back to her earlier state. “I’ve just seen a lot of people underestimate or misunderstand the deities and pay dearly for their mistakes,” she said, attempting to give Shiloh what was meant to be a reassuring grin.

“That makes two of us,” she said, in reference to not being from the world they were currently in. “It’s hard to explain where I come from - came from, that is,” she said. “However, I have been a part of this world long enough to consider myself such.” She looked fairly contemplative for a moment, before speaking once more. “You are a smart one,” she said, rather quietly. She fell silent as Shiloh slowed, her own pace falling as well.

“It’s not just you,” she said, and turned quickly, gesturing to the left of the pair. A small dip in the landscape created a large divot. Just beyond, a few dark figures could be seen, shambling slowly toward the pair. Dalanesca - or Angela, as she had introduced herself to Shiloh, internally chastised herself. She should have noticed the presence of the stumbling corpses - death was her thing, after all. “Undead,” she said, quietly, and brought a finger to her lips to indicate to Shiloh to be as quiet as possible. She slowly reached behind herself, withdrawing a long slender blade from a spine sheath. She would easily be able to subdue the undead with a wave of her hand, but she would wait for that moment if it was necessary. It was unclear how many of the creatures there were, but she would wait and see if the two of them could best them with steel, first.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
"I would imagine so. Underestimating deities for any reason never ends well." The stories from a book of myths and legends she had read once had taught her well. It simply was not an intelligent decision, no matter how you sliced it. The clarification on which souls the Reaper took when the time came was a welcome thought. If said deity harvested souls indiscriminately, then she would've lost any remaining faith she had in them whatsoever. It was good to hear things that made logical sense. "I will be sure to remember that." she said in reply, nodding. From Angela's words, entering from another world was as commonplace as the sun rising and setting. She wondered if there was a reason for that, but didn't think further on it. Turning her attention to the direction where Angela pointed, she spotted the shambling husks of formerly-living beings. And before she could hear their ghastly moans, the stench of decaying flesh hit her nostrils. 

She clenched her teeth as she kept quiet, watching the woman draw a thin blade. She recognized the shape and function as an excellent assassination tool, perfect for quickly dispatching enemies with minimal effort. Shiloh herself moved her hand to the hilt of her sword, and drew her buckler from behind. Should the walking corpses continue their advance, she planned to use it offensively as opposed to its defensive purpose. She briefly considered bringing out her torch and lighting it instead, but reconsidered as it would draw attention and force her to suffer the stench of burning flesh. Waiting for the woman to make the first move, she would then draw her sword to cut down the undead when they were within range.

Her God Powers are: