Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Apoy Island > Younger Years Volume II [P/R]
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Stormy eyes studied the assassin as he looked around at what he had broken. Almost as if he wasn’t sure how to proceed at all. It would be embarrassing if they tried in her room now that it was exposed. What if Dala showed up? A deep flush appeared across her face as she thought about everything that could go wrong… However, she snapped out of it as Lewis took her hand.

She swore she could hear their hearts echoing in the empty tower suite. With a push, she fell onto the plush bed and watched him. If this were any other time she would have looked away but it appeared as if the girl was admiring him. It looked almost too close to studying his every movement. She was fixated on him. The distant echoes of ‘mine’ crept to the surface of her mind from their time in Love’s domain. Their voices were blending together in her head. It had been relatively the only thing they had said to each other that stuck out.

Once he was undressed he seemed to be lost. All the bravado of how they started in Angela’s realm was gone. They were left to their own creativity and their anxiety. So the princess did the only thing she could think of and bolted forwarded grabbing his hands and almost yanking him to her. She stared up at him for only a few seconds before memory kicked in for them both.

Afterward, her body felt hot… Unusually so for the time of the year or at least how she remembered the weather when she was back in her own homeland. Her face was flush but peaceful looking at she snuggled her whole form into his. Her arms were holding his as she nuzzled her nose into his neck and laid her messy black locks on his shoulder. “Mmhmm,” was the only thing she seemed to be able to get out.

“Lewis?” Her voice seemed to come from nowhere as it cut through the silence. “Can I sleep here until my door is fixed?” Her eyes fluttered back open but remaining half-lidded thanks to how tired she was. She had managed to pull the blanket at least up to her chest to cover herself up.

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
This was the strangest of all feelings that Lewis had experienced. It was one that had no real connotation. Something that felt good, after a moment of thought, but felt almost fleeting, as though it could disappear without a trace. A warm, happy feeling. Yet, with it came the fear that the feeling would leave him. It was too complex to break down…

Emotions are stupid… Lewis opened his eyes, just enough to see that Simone was drifting off. He could feel her against him. The warmth of her skin against his. He could smell the sweat mixed with a fragrance of orange blossoms…the one that she specifically requested. It had been one of the few things she had adamantly fought for. It was her scent, and it was intoxicating and overwhelming…

“Hmm?” Lewis was brought back at the sound of her voice. It took him a moment to realize that she had asked an actual question, and he nodded. “You can stay for now…” The assassin liked her being here. At least, right now he did. He wondered, though, when it would end. The request for the door would have to be put in at dawn, and then…

Lewis huffed, and rolled into Simone, holding her as the two drifted off into pleasant dreams….

“…it’s too hot…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone smiled sleepily as he answered her, “Good, I like it here.” Once he rolled into her she snuggled her head up under his chin and wrapped an arm around his waist. “Good night Lewis,” her voice wavered as she let out a small yawn and closed her sleepy eyes once more. It took no time at all for the darkness of nothing to take over her dreamscape allowing her some peace and rest for the night.

Soft breaths came from her as she slept against Lewis. Some time in the middle of the night the assassin had rolled onto his back and Simone had followed. Whether it was because he held on or because she simply rolled onto him. Whatever the case was his arms were snug around her petite waist as her face was almost level with his chin. She had found it most comfortable this way as the pillow puffed up between the crook of his shoulder allowing her head not to hurt too much from how bony his shoulder was.

As he stirred awake the subtle shift he did even to speak made her eyes flutter softly before her lips pressed against his jawline. It took a few moments for her to sit upon his chest and rub her eyes. “Sorry,” she spoke mid-yawn as she stretched and flopped off to his side after a few moments. She stretches her legs in a wide stretch making sure not to hit Lewis on accident. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and watched as her skin bumped up from the sudden chill of no longer having Lewis close.

Rubbing her eyes again she looked back at him, “I’ll leave soon. I just have to…” She vaguely recalled that her clothes were in the other room. It caused her eyes to flutter more awake than before as a blush crossed her face. Nervously she played with her hair as she tried to get up. “I’ll have to go to my room for clothes.” It sounded like a pain. It was inconvenient for sure.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis’ eyes followed her as she sat on the edge of the bed, and didn’t leave her. “I don’t see why this is a problem.” This statement that was made by Lewis presented a curious problem. It was said in his usual, deadpan way, but there was something very different about it. Most people would not be able to pick up on it, and even Lewis himself was barely able to realize what he had actually done…but he was making a joke. Whether or not Simone picked up on the subtle difference remained to be seen.

It dawned on Lewis that he had a job to do, and he suddenly jumped up. “I’m going to be late.” There was the briefest hint of panic in his voice, and suddenly he was throwing clothes over himself and buckling his belts and weapons. “Simone, please put in a work order request for the door. I have to go.” He ran by her, and without thinking, kissed her cheek and darted out the window.

It was much, much later that he realized that he had kissed her cheek. He had no idea why…only that he had done it. He would be kicking himself the entire rest of the day over it, and agonizing over the decision he had made.

Simone

Character Info
Once it had left his mouth there was silence, a stare, and then a raspberry from her lips as she laughed. “You’re silly,” she said as she rolled her eyes. It was the first time she had heard anything remotely like that come from him. It was hard to notice that he actually said a joke but Simone had been listening and studying Lewis for quite a while now. Things had actually gotten a lot better after Angela’s and now she could read him better too. Almost as if… She was in his head at times.

Once he bolted up and explained to her what was going on Simone nodded, “Downstairs on the table. It’s still folded up in the envelope. Address is inside.” She had a habit of knowing where what he needed was… Which came in handy whenever she decided to clean every room they occupied.

The kiss to her cheek though… “Yeah, the door…” The words left her mouth with almost no sound as she touched her cheek and blushed. It made her feel like she had butterflies and she sat on the bed for a long time bathing in that feeling before she pulled herself up.

It took time to brush the knots out from Lewis grabbing her locks but she didn’t actually seem to mind it much. Getting dressed she propped the door up, wrote a note about the door needing to be fixed, and waited downstairs for Jack to come around.

It was about an hour into her wait when the knock finally came, “Simone? Are you awake?”

“I’m here,” Simone pulled herself up off the sofa and came over to the door opening it. “Good morning Jack!” She was cheerful but a fair bit worried he could smell the activities of the night before but all Jack could smell was her perfume.

Jack was a bit taken back that she had even opened the door until he noticed that Simone was holding out a note for him. “Oh, what’s this?”

“Lewis broke my bedroom door down,” it came out in a rushed mess as she looked away.

“Why the hell would he do that?”

“Lewis does whatever he wants?” After all, it was his place. He could destroy whatever he wanted in her opinion.

“Is he always such an asshole?” It was a bit straight forward and it caught Simone off guard as she thought about it.

“Mmm… Most of the time? You just have to know him I guess.” For the most part, Lewis was good to her now but it had taken the trip to Angela’s for him to be relaxed with her.

“I don’t think I want to,” Jack said nervously. “Hey, Simone?” He hurried it along as he had other deliveries.

“Hmm?” She tilted her head at him. This was the longest they had spoken face to face. He was watching her stormy eyes to see how she reacted.

“…Are you doing anything later?” The question came out kind of quiet as he looked around for Lewis. Who knew when the assassin would stumble in. God forbid he heard her.

“Not that I’m aware but that could change at any moment,” Simone answered it innocently not knowing where he was going with it.

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” Jack decided it was best to be straightforward. “It would do you some good to get out of his room.”

“I’m sorry Jack,” Simone frowned a bit as it was complicated rejecting him so she stuck with the easiest explanation. “Lewis wouldn’t like that.”

“Lewis doesn’t like anything,” Jack rolled his eyes.

“He would seriously chop my legs off,” Simone batted her pretty little eyes at him and didn’t skip a beat. He probably wouldn’t but it would get Jack off her case.

“Then… If he won’t let you because you are stuck with him… Leave with me?” She was pretty enough and nice enough. She would make a nice wife, at least Jack thought so.

“Lewis would never leave you alone if you took me,” Simone answered quietly. “You know what he would do to you if he even heard you say that right?”

“He can’t keep you prisoner forever,” Jack frowned a bit.

“I don’t think he is but…” She held her breath. “It’s just not a good idea Jack.” Simone started to close the door. “I wouldn’t… repeat that if I were you. Any of it.” Lewis… tended to get jealous. Even if he didn’t realize it. Especially after the trip to Elysia and who knew how much more since last night.

At the thought, her face flushed and she shut the door. “What’s for breakfast?”

“The usual… Want me to tell them to bring it up?” He felt dejected but he wouldn’t let her starve.

“If you could…” So after Simone had her breakfast she flopped on the couch with a book until Lewis came home. Whenever it was that he decided to come home that is.

She shifted herself on the sofa and sat up as she heard the door unlock and click. Once she knew it was him she tilted her head and it spilled out. “Lewis? Have you ever asked anyone on a date before? Have you ever actually gone on a date before?” She had spaced the questions out easily enough. She was scared that he might react poorly to it. However, the look on her face almost entirely gave away that something puzzling had happened to her.

Dusk

Character Info
Unlike the day before, the job was a breeze. There were days that the stars seemed to align and the world let everything go smoothly. This was one of those days, and it put the assassin in a fantastic mood. When he came in, the happiness was practically oozing off of him. Simone was waiting for him, though, and immediately he was rushed with a flurry of questions.

“W-what?” It was confusing. Dates? Since when did Simone ask about dates? Lewis crossed his arms. “Of course I-” He thought for a moment. It wasn’t that simple. He had been to brothels, but those didn’t count as dates, did they? Then there was that one girl who helped out the guild, but…that always involved Xeik and a few of the other boys as well. “I…” He hadn’t gone on a date. He had never asked anyone out. Lewis started to get a little hot and flustered. “No. It’s a waste of time.” The words came tumbling out, and he couldn’t really understand where they came from, or why he felt the need to say them.

“…why are you asking these questions?” Whatever good mood he was in was disappearing. Fast.

Simone

Character Info
Simone furrowed her brow at him for a moment but not towards his words, “Are they?” She tilted her head. “Okay.” She took his word like it was golden. “Oh, um.” She thought about the best possible way that she could honestly answer this. On one hand, she couldn’t hide it from Lewis nor could she lie. Jack was nice and all but she wasn’t about to lose her privileges over him. Simone did have at least one singular selfish bone in her body.

“Jack asked me out on a date. I said no but I’ve never been on a date before. At least, I can’t… Remember.” She furrowed her brow once more and she got a headache as she put her hand to her head. A painful noise left her mouth as she closed her eyes. “Trying to remember too hard again.” She rubbed her forehead and sighed. “But I get a lonely feeling when I think about it. I don’t think… I ever have.”

She let out a sigh and it was hard to tell whether it was disappointment in that realization or if it was because she caused herself some pain. “In any case, I’m not interested in what he had to offer. He’s nice but I don’t like him like that.” So… She guessed it really was a waste of time. There was something about the way she said it. The way she looked at Lewis before tucking her hair behind her ear.

She hopped off the couch in a rush, “I’m glad your home and that your job went well though.” She gave him a sweet smile before she bounded up the stairs to fetch herself another book.

Dusk

Character Info
Her reactions to the concepts of dating were confusing at best to Lewis. The whole thing was just…a lot. The assassin started to open his mouth, and paused. Something about the way that she had spoken about Jack, though, made him reconsider his words, and he shut his mouth. Jack had asked her out on a date. Was that something that she wanted? A date? With him? Or with Jack? Was that a sign? Did the sex they had the night before mean anything? His frequent trips to the brothel had died down, but she knew about those. Was she comparing herself to a trip? What about those emotions?

Lewis opened his mouth again to speak, and closed it. No, it wasn’t that simple. The sex had to have meant something. There was no way that it didn’t. Lewis didn’t cuddle with anyone at a brothel, and the women there sure as hell didn’t ask to stay over…or, well…for him to stay over. No, they had a job to do, and that meant they didn’t care about the emotional state of their clients, only the physical. Or…was that supposed to be it? Lewis huffed. Emotions were hard.

He held up his hand to say something, and thought about it, closing his mouth once more. This was far from the original point. A date. The way she had sighed meant she wanted to go on a date. Did she want to go with Jack? No. She had said no. Though, she probably said no because he would have gotten mad. And that was true…Lewis would definitely have gotten mad. But…did that mean she wanted to go on a date with him? No….Simone wasn’t that good of a liar. There was a finality in the way that she had said her words, as if there were no interest. So that meant she wanted a date.

Lewis gave her a weird look, and then turned around and left the tower, heading downstairs.

Simone

Character Info
Simone had paused her trot up the stairs. Her gray eyes were focused solely on him. If it was anything that she had learned that Lewis liked her complete and total attention when he was speaking. She tilted her head like an adorable puppy waiting to hear a praise or a scolding. The look on his face wasn’t angry though. It… No, it wasn’t the look on his face. It was his eyes specifically. It spoke confusion.

Had she… Actually led him to the wrong conclusion about what she wanted? Did he take what she said badly? She had a hard time actually figuring it out since Lewis was literally saying nothing and doing barely anything but opening his mouth like a hungry goldfish.

That was when she was hit with a bout of her own confusion as he simply shut his mouth and left. He wasn’t mad. He didn’t slam the door. He didn’t yell at her. He just left her speechless on the stairs. Her eyes blinked a few times and she had this feeling… This uneasiness.

Was Jack about to die?

Her eyes blinked a few more times and she slowly made her way up to his room and shut the door. She didn’t dare lock it. That was all they needed was two busted doors. She sat on the bed that she had made. Fresh sheets, fresh blankets… readily made for them to go to sleep later that night. Her fingers were gripping at the blankets as she tried to figure out what was going through his head.

Downstairs though… Jack jumped almost two feet as the assassin had sneaked upon him. “LEWIS! You are back!” There was panic. “I gave Simone anything I had for you today already.” He would cover himself up well if Simone hadn’t already told him.

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis looked Jack over once more. The kid was barely younger than Lewis. They were roughly the same height, but had near opposite composers and looks. Jack looked bright eyed and ready for the world, with dark hair, but Lewis looked like an underweight shut in who barely slept. Yet, Lewis knew that between the two, he was the stronger one. Jack wouldn’t stand a chance.

“What did you say to Simone,” Lewis asked. It was in his usual disinterested tone, but his eyes spoke a different story. There was an intensity to them, and they never left Jack, even if he moved. “Why? Why did you ask her out on a date?” No. That might not be the right question. “…how? How did you ask her?”