Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:05 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Laying with Simone was very calming, and combined with the sounds of the ocean and waves was something that he would soon not forget. At her suggestion for more, to make a memory that she could never forget, Lewis smirked. For once, Lewis was able to pick up on what she as asking for. “You can show me some things?” The assassin smirked, and kissed her. “I can show you some things as well…”

Lewis had taken care to find a section of the beach he knew would be vacant. So, he knew there would be no way they could be seen, nor interrupted. For the rest of the day, they had each other and the sounds of the ocean. As promised, each had something to teach the other, and the night flew by as they took turns taking control. By the time the sun was setting across the horizon, Lewis and Simone had exhausted each other.

Simone was laying on top of Lewis, her eyes drifting shut as Lewis held her in his arms. “Don’t fall asleep…we need to get back to the tower…: He smiled as he petted her hair. This is…fun.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:46 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Her skin almost immediately goosebumped when Lewis lifted her skin. She offered a smile as she received his kiss and returned one of her own. She lifted her hand up and ran her fingers through his hair. “You cut your hair… It looks good.” Her voice was soft and quiet as the words left her lips.

She wrapped her arms around neck and gave him another smile. “Come with me,” she kept her arms around him as she walked a bit backwards to the blanket. “Do you trust me?” It was going to happen no matter what but… She might as well ask him. “I’ll show you some fun things.” She was instantly bribing him but it was all part of the fun.

Once they were down on the towels she laid there with him and pushed her head up under his chin. “Mmm…” Her eyes closed and she enjoyed being in his arms, “I want to lay like this for a while…” She snuggled close to him and laid there silently. All she could hear was the area, their breaths, and she could really hear Lewis’s heart.

She kissed his neck before pulling her head back up and kissing his lips now. “I love every moment with you… So help me remember the beach well okay?” She teased him lightly. She couldn’t help but feel like soon they wouldn’t be together… Where was she going?

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:28 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

The little water fight they had ended up with a chase down the beach. FInally, Simone called a truce, stating that she was exhausted, demanding Lewis carry her. The assassin sighed, and even before she sweetened the deal with a ‘secret’, he was already walking over to help her up. He knelt down, and Simone hopped onto his back, holding on tight.

As he walked, it was hard to think of anything else other than Simone. She was so light, but the weight of her fate was heavy. He knew that this was one of the last things she may be able to do before her death, and for some reason, it almost seemed as though she did too. After all, when they got back to their little set up, she admitted her deep, dark secret.

Lewis stared at her as she spoke of her adoration of the tower, and her enjoyment of living with Lewis. It was almost painful to hear her say that he needed to cherish her while she was still around. The true Simone was watching after all, and her feelings were quite direct, shining through the young Simone and her own emotions.

“I will,” Lewis said as he looked into Simone’s eyes. “You know I will.” He walked over to her, and put his fingers under her chin, leaning down to kiss her. “Whatever time we have left…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone squealed as he got her wet, “It’s cold! It’s cold!” She laughed now as she began to splash at Lewis. “You always say I think too much. Or talk too much. I think you actually like it.” They played in the water a bit more and before long Simone had taken off down the beach. She would turn around once in a while and kick the water up at him. “I would say you can’t catch me but we all know you can,” she let out a fit of laughter as she kicked more water at him before running more.

Once she realized how far she had run she flopped over in the sand and looked up at Lewis with heaving breaths. “I decided I can’t walk anymore.” She stuck her tongue out. “I think you have to carry me now. You know like a princess,” she chuckled a bit. She held her arms up at him. “I’ll tell you a secret if you do.”

It was awkward as Lewis picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I approve,” she spoke with a nod as he struggled only a little. Thankfully she was small and barely weighed anything. Once she could see the lavender colored towels she smirked a bit and looked up at Lewis layering a few kisses on his chin.

“Do you want to know my secret?” She tilted her head at him. “I… like being in the tower with you. It feels like home.” Even if she couldn’t leave and she was being kept there. “I’ll… Like it until I have to go.” She didn’t know what possessed her to say it but she felt like it was important. “So… Cherish me until I’m gone. Alright?” She thought it was just being dramatic but she didn’t know her feelings were leaking through. The true Simone finding Lewis.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:01 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

It was Simone who finally decided what they should do, and Lewis agreed with her suggestion to walk. The girl led him into the sea, where she happily walked through the cool water. Lewis had never really experienced the water in this way, and he was quite surprised how comforting it felt. Still, he knew the horrors of what the water could do, and he shivered on instinct from the memories of the dream dive.

Lewis wondered if Simone knew, even subconsciously, at the nightmares that she had endured. When he looked over to her, he noticed that she was lost in thought. After a moment, she glanced over, meeting his eyes.

“Your…favorite place?” Lewis asked. He wondered if this was her favorite place because it was the only other place she had been other than the tower, or her previous prison of a home Her next words, though, were harder for Lewis to process.

The assassin stared at her, the words running through his mind. Lewis liked her as well, but it was something that he couldn’t admit to her. The true Simone, the one locked away inside her mind, wanted nothing more than to die. That meant that this Simone would disappear as well, and that meant…

[it]It doesn’t matter if I like her or not. This will never last. It was all temporary. For some reason, Lewis was disappointed with that outlook, despite logically understanding that it would make his life go back to a semblance of ‘normal.’

Before his reaction could be read, though, Lewis knelt down in the water, and splashed some up at Simone. “You’re thinking quite a bit too much. Just enjoy this moment while it lasts. You never know when it can end…” He smiled, one that was an actual smile versus his crazy smile. He splashed her again, this time with quite more force.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:40 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone looked at Lewis with wide eyes as he spoke. The blush quickly followed as it registered what he said, “Thank you… I tried really hard…” She looked away from him shyly before taking one of his hands and weaving their fingers together. “Let’s… go for a walk? I want to walk in the water…” Finally, her eyes met his and she held onto his hand before pulling him along.

The water came up to her ankles and she let her toes feel the wet sand beneath them. “I don’t know what I thought it was going to feel like but it wasn’t this.” She blushed once more and gave a shy smile. “It’s nice.” She kicked the water a bit with her feet and let out a deep breath.

She was absolutely clueless what to do but once her eyes laid on the sky she was lost in a few different thoughts. “Lewis?” She managed to turn her face towards his for the time being. “Thank you for bringing me here. This is my favorite place… I decided. Because it is pretty… and you are here right now.” She blushed and rubbed her neck nervously. “I li–”

She paused and her face became more nervous as she looked away. “I really do like you. Even when you are being a jerk… You aren’t always one. And you let me get away with a lot even if I am being sorta bratty… I appreciate it.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:32 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis could feel extra eyes on them as they left. It was Dala who had helped Simone, and he wouldn’t have been surprised if the mischievous girl wanted to see the fruits of her labor. The other two Lewis could only assume were Darren and another, more than likely Jack. None of that really mattered, though, to Lewis. What his focus on now was this date, and how best to proceed once they arrived.

When they stepped onto the beach, Simone’s reaction alone made the whole effort worth it. It didn’t take Simone long to find a place for them to set up their little date, and with his help, the two layed out a set of towels where they could view the ocean. “All set, then?” he asked. He got an excited nod from Simone, who then showed him the shell that she had found. “Yes, you can keep it.” It had not gone unnoticed that she had bent over, so he was more than lenient in her request to keep the shell.

Lewis gazed out over the ocean. He had seen it before, of course. Hell, he had even killed people in it; that was merely a part of the job. This, however, felt different from all of the other times. The assassin struggled to understand what it was, though. It felt…calm. Mixed with something else.

“So…” Lewis was definitely winging it. He had no idea what they were supposed to do now. “Ocean looks…pretty.” He looked over to Simone. “…kind of like you?” He wondered if that worked the way he thought it did. It sounded super cheesy, but apparently this was what women liked. At least, according to some of the novels he ‘researched’ from Simone’s room.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:08 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone’s eyes lit up the moment he said she looked good. She tried her best and a part of her was a little worried she overdid it. Though if she judged by Lewis… She always overdid it. Mentally she let out a sigh and gathered up some needed courage. Grabbing the bag full of their towels and other goods she put it on her shoulder and took his hand gently. The moment their skin had contact she felt a jolt of giddiness. She was excited.

Lewis helped her up and she held his hand. The gate was just outside their quarters having been prepped in advance but away from where Simone could have fallen in (it was likely with how clutzy she could be). Around the corner peeking to see just how Simone had faired Dala waited, now with the company of Darren and somehow Jack. Each were curious just how this was going to go. As soon as the door opened Dala shushed the two boys.

Simone was chatting with him idly about what the ocean was actually like. She bargained that Lewis knew more about it in person than she did. Jack’s mouth dropped open when he saw Simone. She never dressed like that, normally she was in modest dresses. Dala was grinning at her hard work paying off.

“But,” Jack was flabbergasted.

“Serves ya right thinking my bestie is plain,” Dala gave a grin after the couple had left. “No one better ruin it!”

The gate had led them to a quiet little beach somewhere on Apoy’s shoreline. She could hear the gulls and the waves. Her eyes got big and she looked up at Lewis excitedly. He had strengthened his grip on her just enough so she couldn’t bolt off and get hurt. They didn’t need it ruined that way.

“It’s so pretty!” Simone pushed herself up and kissed his cheek. “Let’s set up some beach blankets!” She got out the towels and helped Lewis find a good spot. “Look!” She got excited as she bent over and found a conch shell in the sand. “Can I keep it?” Her eyes were full of wonder as she showed it to Lewis.

“So…” She looked up at him wondering what he had planned for them or would they be winging it?

Author: Dusk, Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis didn’t actually have a job to do that day, and instead had centered his plans around preparation for the date. There were a few things he had to take care of that were work related, but those ended quickly and easily, and Lewis found himself prowling the Keep, looking for some of the Acolytes who he knew would help him. It didn’t take long.

“You. Darren. I need….I need help,” Lewis said. It was strange hearing it from one of the top assassins of the Temple, but Darren was quite adept at what he did.

“Sure, Lewis. What can I do for you?” The acolyte removed his hood to reveal a kind face, though heavily scarred from abuse. He was one of the boys that Lewis had saved a while back, and had joined up with the temple to help others.

“I have a date. I….Don’t know what to do,” Lewis admitted.

Darren smirked. “Well, well…this is unexpected. All right. Let’s take care of your hair first. After that, you’ll need a good scrubbing and some clothes. Where is the date?”

“Beach,” Lewis responded, awkwardly looking away. “Do I really need to do all of that?”

The kind acolyte smirked, and pushed Lewis towards the door. “Yes, yes! Let’s get going buddy…”

It didn’t take long to trim Lewis’ hair to a respectable state. With that taken care of, Lewis was pushed into the baths, where Darren helped scrub down the young assassin.

“Lewis…these marks…” Darren said, trying to hold back his amusement.

“What about them?” Lewis asked, almost threateningly.

There was a cough from the other side of the bathhouse, and Jack was staring at Lewis. “The fuck?”

That earned Jack a rare smile from Lewis. “Not so plain,” he said with a smirk. “Not so plain at all…”

With the bath taken care of, Darren dragged Lewis into his room, and started tossing about clothes. “I’m guessing you don’t have anything….of course you don’t. Why would you. Here. Try this, this, annnd….this.”: He threw a bunch of clothes at Lewis, and moments later, the assassin looked almost like a well dressed noble.

“A little over the top,” Darren said, looking the assassin over. “Lose the hat, and I think you can manage.”

“It’s the beach, though,” Lewis said with a look. “Can’t I just wear pants and a shirt?”

Darren sighed. “I guess…but one of these days you’re going to have to wear something like this Lord Raith will not tolerate sloppiness.

“FIne…”

Lewis walked into the tower wearing a rather basic pair of shorts and a short sleeve, button up shirt, though his did not bother to do up the buttons. “Simone, are you rea-” His eyes met hers, and then he noticed what she was wearing. “I…” His eyes looked her over again, and then rested on her eyes. “You….” He glanced away awkwardly. “Look good.” There was little emotion in his voice, but inside he was reeling.

“It’s okay for the beach,” Lewis responded, holding out his hand. “Let's get going. I have a gate ready to go. You can bring the towels and…the other stuff.” Now that it was happening, Lewis wasn’t sure how to react. Still, he was trying.

Author: Simone, Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:38 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone woke up enough and smiled at him, “Okay… Come here real quick.” She reached for him and pulled him to her. His kiss yesterday opened up something for her now… She kissed him fully on his lips and then kissed his forehead. “I’ll see you later okay?”

She laid her head down on her pillow and pulled the blanket over her. “It’s cold without you.” She commented with a yawn before rolling over.

Once she woke up she spent time pampering herself, panicking, and Dala came to help her. When Lewis finally returned he found Simone waiting nervously on the bed. Her hair was in gentle curls half pulled back. There was a blue flower in her hair where it met in the back. She was blushing.

There wasn’t any makeup on her face because what if she went in the water but her eyes were still big and worried. She had on a revealing see-through white lace covering over a blue bikini. She looked down at it then at Lewis. “Is this okay for a date on the beach?” She looked over at their new beach stuff too. “I had Dala help me… I got us towels to lay on…”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:19 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

It was a unique night for Lewis. He had never before relinquished control to another. The whole experience that Simone gave him was illuminating in a sense, and for that he had to thank her. Of course, that form of thanks would come much later. For now, though, he enjoyed that Simone was taking control of the situation. She seemed to enjoy it too, taking advantage of the one who had kept her captive for so long.

By the end of it all, Lewis and Simone were sweaty and panting, and Simone made a comment about him being so cute when he thought too much. The look that Lewis gave her was a rather annoyed one, however only Simone would have been able to decipher it at this point.

“You talk too much…” Lewis wrestled for control, and the remainder of the night became a fight for dominance. WHen the morning came, Lewis was covered in marks, and Simone didn’t fare much better.

He woke up first, and started to get dressed. Every so often, he glanced over to Simone’s sleeping form. For some reason, seeing her there, so peacefully, was pleasant and soothing. At least, that’s what he assumed the emotions were.

“I’ll be back soon…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:06 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone looked at him as they were in bed now. He was holding her but they were hardly doing anything at all. He wanted too, that wasn’t too hard to tell. “I wouldn’t have told you to get your ass in bed if I didn’t,” the words came out with laughter before she pulled him down into a hard passionate kiss. She felt like she was drowning after a while and let him free of it. Hard breaths as her stormy eyes looked up into his hazel.

“Oh. My. Gods. Quit thinking about it and just fuck me already,” she wiggled and flipped them both before taking charge of the situation. “I swear,” she chuckled as she sat on top of him looking down. “What am I going to do with you?” She ran her hand down his chest and gave a smirk.

“It’s okay not to know what to do… I don’t know what to do but I’m just going to do it because you drive me crazy.” There was a pause before she leaned down and kissed him. “In a good way. Not a bad way.”

Then… She fully took charge not giving him much control over the situation for once. It was different and by the end, she was clinging to him closely exhausted. She pushed her head up under his chin. “You are cute… When you think too much.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:59 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

It was rare for Lewis to be shocked into silence like this. It was even rarer for him to lose all train of thought. Normally, he was analyzing and assessing everything around him, yet this girl had managed to blow his mind completely. The words she used were so unlike her, and it brought back memories to the dream dive, and a certain Guide and their interactions. Less memories, though, and more fragments of the heated moments they shared.

And it was extremely arousing.

“I-….” Lewis blinked, and took off his shirt, tossing it to the side. Simone, who seemed almost shocked at what she had said, did a half hearted finger twirl, indicating the rest of the clothes needed to come off. It took him a moment, but he nodded, and soon he and Simone were back in bed.

Of course, Lewis wasn’t sure what to do now. Normally, he was taking charge. Not…expertly, mind you, but taking charge. It was what he did. But now, he wasn’t entirely sure how to act. By all means, he was aroused, but in a different way than normal… He tried to say her name, asking if she was okay, but it only half came out. “…mone…Do you…want to…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone looked at him almost as deadpan as he normally looked most of the time. When he told her he could read with her she opened her mouth and closed it. She should have known better than to be… Well… Not direct with Lewis.

She held the deadpan look and sighed a bit as she put her forehead into his chest, gripped his shirt, and inhaled… exhaled… inhaled. Then slowly she looked back up at Lewis. Her face wasn’t deadpan anymore. It was serious but also sort of mischievous. “Lewis,” she let his name come out. “I was trying to suggest…”

Simone put her head to his chest again but before long she took a step back. “Lewis, just get the fuck undressed and take me to bed already. I was trying to ask you if you wanted to have sex.” Her face was now bright red now as she lost all the bravado she had. It was just enough to get it out.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone was happy, and that was what mattered. Sure, Lewis barely knew what he did to cause it, but he said the right things, and meant them… His reward for it all? A soft, almost….that kind of kiss…that word that he knew very well in the back of his mind, but had no idea how to say. That feeling that he experienced back in the dream dive, the one that he never wanted to feel again, yet craved.

“You’re….welcome,” Lewis said quickly, avoiding her gaze for a moment as she hugged him. He wasn’t sure how he was supposed to feel about it. Though, now, through the corner of his eyes, he noticed that she was getting worried. “It’s fine…” Lewis said. His voice sounded dead, but inside he was screaming that it was more than okay, and that he wanted her here.

“You can…read in here,” Lewis suggested. “I don’t mind…” It was genuine. She was quiet when she read, so it wouldn’t be a problem, and the light had never bothered him. “…if you…want..”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone was quick to gain a smile once he mentioned the beach. She loved looking at it from the tower window. She wanted more of it though. The sand beneath her feet, the water at her ankles… She wanted it all. The ocean seemed so free and for some reason, that was important to her.

Tilting her head she smiled a bunch more towards him. “Lewis,” her voice was barely audible as she stepped near him and she lifted herself up a bit. Her nose touched his and she nuzzled him softly before giving him perhaps the softest kiss he had ever been given. “Thank you.” She had herself wrapped around him and she wasn’t sure if this was okay with him.

It made her heart skip a few beats as she gained a worried expression. “Is it okay for me to be like this?” She was never too sure how he would react to her as she let go of him.

“I…” She pondered a bit. “Should go read for a bit before bed. Unless,” her eyes looked up at him. “You had other suggestions?”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:32 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis thought about her question. When would they go? The assassin had not thought the whole plan through, and thus…

“Uh…t-tomorrow?” Lewis quickly ran through the list of things he needed to do. Plan a quick meal and make sure that there were no jobs, and if there were, finish them quickly. And, of course, find the perfect location. It had to be perfect. They might not get another chance before her death. Oh…that’s right. I haven’t told her yet.

“I was…thinking we could go to the beach,” Lewis said softly. When she made the suggestion that he might abandon her, he shook his head. “Why…why would I do that? It serves no purpose.” His words rang true. There was no real valid reason for him to ditch her.

“Just…be prepared. I have a…job to do tomorrow, but when I get back we can go.” At least she was asking more about that date, and less about the awkwardness beforehand. The other Simone…that Guide…she asked for it to remain a secret until the end. That was the least Lewis could do…

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:18 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone leaned back and looked at the whole Lewis in front of her. It was so weird compared to their other moments. Their shouting. Their fighting. Lewis’s indifference to her existence. These moments were why she liked him. At least, that was what she told herself though it felt so much deeper than that. She couldn’t tell why though.

Lewis was hesitating to tell her something and instead of speaking to coax him, she turned all of her attention to him in anticipation of what he would say. He… what? He never did finish and her heart sank a bit but still… A date.

“We do get along…” Sometimes. A lot of the time… Mostly.

“When… Did you want to go?” It was curious as she thought about it. The question rolled off her tongue and if she was breathing it honestly didn’t look like it as she took a big breath finally. She got up and straightened out her skirts before getting a bit closer to him. “What are we going to do?” She was curious and that curiosity was making her akin to a tigress as she stalked him for an answer.

“You won’t ditch me, will you? You aren’t playing a joke on me to get me back for something?” Her insecurities were vast and she didn’t understand it but Lewis having seen the depths of her… He probably knew it better than she did.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:11 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis was surprised at her immediate answer. And then the retraction. That was a gut punch. But, then, her retraction to the retraction. The assassin felt almost dizzy from the emotional whiplash that he had just endured, all from Simone. But, that was neither here nor there. She had said yes.

“Yes…” Lewis repeated the word back. It was hard to believe. But wait…desperate for his attention? Was she? Was that why she acted the way she did? Was she…desperate for his attention? His approval?

Then, came the weirdest thing of all. Her confusion. “Yes…I…asked you out on a date.” That was obvious. It had just happened moments ago. Was she reeling that much? “Simone…you’re…anything but boring. I…” There it was. That emotion. That blinding, overpowered emotion that shot all of his reason to hell. “I…” He wanted to say it. But…he couldn’t….

“…you deserve at least one date…” Lewis muttered. Before you die… Another, unique feeling. A pit in his stomach. The butterflies were more like wasps in his chest. “I think it would do you good…and…I…at least get along with you…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:04 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Her eyes got wide a bit and it came out in a yelp like she couldn’t help herself, “YES.” It was like a yip. When she realized how she answered him she got quiet suddenly and her face flushed. She held her hand to her mouth and looked away from him ashamed. “I shouldn’t have answered like that.” Her eyes held wonder in them as she thought of the possibilities.

However, she realized what she said, “I DIDN’T MEAN IT AS I TAKE IT BACK.” She waved her hands as she stared at him. “I just… didn’t want to make myself… sound…” She looked away from him in shame again as she frowned. “Desperate for your attention.”

She let out a sigh as she flopped herself backward on the bed covering her face. She was so embarrassed and she didn’t move for what seemed like a few good moments. “Wait.”

She shot herself up. “Did you just… ask me on a date? But why? I'm boring. There are more interesting girls in the temple that probably deserve your attention." Again she had that sad look on her face as she looked away. Lewis did say he was only going to keep her here until he knew what to do with her. So at best, she was temporary.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:58 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

“Do you….” Lewis looked at her big, stormy grey eyes. They were panicked. She was scared about something. Concerned. Worried. All of those emotions. Normally, Lewis wouldn’t have picked up on it, but the dream dive had given him an insight to her that he wouldn’t have on anyone else. But…he couldn’t let that distract him.

“Would you like to…” It was harder to ask than Jack had said. The butterflies. That was an apt word for the feeling. What if she said no? She was probably going to say no. She told Jack no, so why not him? After all, it was just sex. But…that intimacy that they shared. Together. It felt better than the brothels…

“…Do you want to go on a date?” There. It came out finally. The words. They sounded right. Or did they? Had he said them wrong? Why was she staring?

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:52 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

If Jack had known anything at all… He probably could have found out that before the dream dive that Lewis also thought Simone was plain. There was more to her than what the surface showed, a terrifying reality wrapped up in a pretty little package.

That being said… The girl was sitting in Lewis’s room having a freak out when he came up. “What if he misunderstood me?” Her voice carried. She was flailing about and the sound of an almost temper tantrum was going on as she gets her legs on the bed and threw herself around like a child who didn’t know how to fix something. “What if he thinks I like Jack?” She let out the name with a scream almost as she pulled at her own hair.

“I’ve really… REALLY done it this time.” They had their misunderstandings in the past, big ones. Ones that caused them to fight for days only to realize it was something stupid or they were saying the same thing. This was different.

“Oh, Mone… You really fucked up this time…” She threw herself back but once she heard the door click she shot up with a concerned expression on her face. Her eyes were drilling holes into him. Her breathing had all but stopped. She was frozen at the moment waiting for a reaction. Waiting for the yelling to start again.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:45 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

The beach? Lewis thought about it for a moment. She had been asking quite a bit about it. That did make for a good idea. He nodded, “The beach. That sounds…about right.” It was interesting that Jack was so smart about these things, yet couldn’t tell the difference between lilies and orange blossoms. He really was a special boy…

There were rumors of Jack around the castle…that he was a skirt chaser. Lewis never really understood the term, but when he drifted off to go see the librarians, the assassin wondered if that had something to do with the name. ‘Chasing’ a skirt…chasing a woman, the one wearing the skirt. Human emotions and idioms were weird…

As he skittered off, though, he called Simone plain. Without thinking, a dagger launched itself and implanted itself in the wall, mere inches from Jack’s face. It made him stop dead in his tracks. Lewis walked up, and grabbed the dagger, giving the poor boy a look.

“I was going to kill you,” Lewis said with a sadistic smile, one of the few emotions he had under control. “But…you’ve been a big help. So…I’ll let you go this time… but I recommend you change your attitude over my Simone…she’s not very plain…right?”

Jack shook his head, shaking. “NOPE. NOT AT ALL. MOST INTERESTING GIRL I’VE EVER MET. SUPER LUCKY TO HAVE MET YOU.”

“That’s…what I thought…” Lewis sheathed his dagger. “And clean yourself up…you’re a fucking mess…”

Lewis wandered into his room, noticing that Simone was sitting on his bed, a concerned look on her face.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:35 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

“Yes? You just ask someone out. If they are interested they say yes if not you move on.”

Jack narrowed his eyes at him. “Why would I be stupid?” It was a weird thing to say. What exactly was stupid about what he said about Simone. “I was going to take her to the beach at night. You know romantic under the stars with fireflies. She’s never been to the beach at least not since you brought her across it. She doesn’t stop asking about what it looks like.”

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted one of the young librarians on her way back, “Anyways, I’m over Simone now.” It wasn’t really worth the hassle of Lewis killing him. "She's nice but really plain."

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Jack was acting confrontational, but for the most part, that went over Lewis’ head. Either that, or Lewis didn’t seem to really give a damn about it. No, the young man was far more interested in what Jack had said. He had asked her out in such a simple way.

“It’s that stupidly simple?” Lewis blurted out. He paused, though, and gave Jack a deadpan stare. “Lilies?” But when he had come home, she smelled of the same orange blossoms. And Lewis had never gotten her lily perfume. She had never asked for it. What…is he trying to say? “Are you…just stupid?” Or was he trying to make Lewis jealous? Lewis thought for a moment. “What would you have done if she said yes?”

If Jack was trying to make him jealous, it was barely working. Lewis could tell he was lying about the perfume. That meant Lewis was winning…

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Jack was taken back almost immediately, “I…” Then Lewis followed it up demanding to know WHY he asked her out on a date… Then he followed it up once more. “I just said ‘Simone, would you go on a date with me.” The boy crossed his arms. “She’s far too pretty to be constantly locked up in that room of yours hidden away from everyone.”

He narrowed his eyes on Lewis, “Unless you like keeping her all to yourself… As for the why I did it. She is nice and pretty. I think she would make a good wife to someone someday. I like the way she smells when she opens the door. She smells like lilies." Which was flat out wrong which means he had never smelled her perfume at all. At this point, he was simply trying to say he might know her better… If only he knew that the Simone in front of him was only the tip of the iceberg.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:08 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis looked Jack over once more. The kid was barely younger than Lewis. They were roughly the same height, but had near opposite composers and looks. Jack looked bright eyed and ready for the world, with dark hair, but Lewis looked like an underweight shut in who barely slept. Yet, Lewis knew that between the two, he was the stronger one. Jack wouldn’t stand a chance.

“What did you say to Simone,” Lewis asked. It was in his usual disinterested tone, but his eyes spoke a different story. There was an intensity to them, and they never left Jack, even if he moved. “Why? Why did you ask her out on a date?” No. That might not be the right question. “…how? How did you ask her?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone had paused her trot up the stairs. Her gray eyes were focused solely on him. If it was anything that she had learned that Lewis liked her complete and total attention when he was speaking. She tilted her head like an adorable puppy waiting to hear a praise or a scolding. The look on his face wasn’t angry though. It… No, it wasn’t the look on his face. It was his eyes specifically. It spoke confusion.

Had she… Actually led him to the wrong conclusion about what she wanted? Did he take what she said badly? She had a hard time actually figuring it out since Lewis was literally saying nothing and doing barely anything but opening his mouth like a hungry goldfish.

That was when she was hit with a bout of her own confusion as he simply shut his mouth and left. He wasn’t mad. He didn’t slam the door. He didn’t yell at her. He just left her speechless on the stairs. Her eyes blinked a few times and she had this feeling… This uneasiness.

Was Jack about to die?

Her eyes blinked a few more times and she slowly made her way up to his room and shut the door. She didn’t dare lock it. That was all they needed was two busted doors. She sat on the bed that she had made. Fresh sheets, fresh blankets… readily made for them to go to sleep later that night. Her fingers were gripping at the blankets as she tried to figure out what was going through his head.

Downstairs though… Jack jumped almost two feet as the assassin had sneaked upon him. “LEWIS! You are back!” There was panic. “I gave Simone anything I had for you today already.” He would cover himself up well if Simone hadn’t already told him.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:55 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Her reactions to the concepts of dating were confusing at best to Lewis. The whole thing was just…a lot. The assassin started to open his mouth, and paused. Something about the way that she had spoken about Jack, though, made him reconsider his words, and he shut his mouth. Jack had asked her out on a date. Was that something that she wanted? A date? With him? Or with Jack? Was that a sign? Did the sex they had the night before mean anything? His frequent trips to the brothel had died down, but she knew about those. Was she comparing herself to a trip? What about those emotions?

Lewis opened his mouth again to speak, and closed it. No, it wasn’t that simple. The sex had to have meant something. There was no way that it didn’t. Lewis didn’t cuddle with anyone at a brothel, and the women there sure as hell didn’t ask to stay over…or, well…for him to stay over. No, they had a job to do, and that meant they didn’t care about the emotional state of their clients, only the physical. Or…was that supposed to be it? Lewis huffed. Emotions were hard.

He held up his hand to say something, and thought about it, closing his mouth once more. This was far from the original point. A date. The way she had sighed meant she wanted to go on a date. Did she want to go with Jack? No. She had said no. Though, she probably said no because he would have gotten mad. And that was true…Lewis would definitely have gotten mad. But…did that mean she wanted to go on a date with him? No….Simone wasn’t that good of a liar. There was a finality in the way that she had said her words, as if there were no interest. So that meant she wanted a date.

Lewis gave her a weird look, and then turned around and left the tower, heading downstairs.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone furrowed her brow at him for a moment but not towards his words, “Are they?” She tilted her head. “Okay.” She took his word like it was golden. “Oh, um.” She thought about the best possible way that she could honestly answer this. On one hand, she couldn’t hide it from Lewis nor could she lie. Jack was nice and all but she wasn’t about to lose her privileges over him. Simone did have at least one singular selfish bone in her body.

“Jack asked me out on a date. I said no but I’ve never been on a date before. At least, I can’t… Remember.” She furrowed her brow once more and she got a headache as she put her hand to her head. A painful noise left her mouth as she closed her eyes. “Trying to remember too hard again.” She rubbed her forehead and sighed. “But I get a lonely feeling when I think about it. I don’t think… I ever have.”

She let out a sigh and it was hard to tell whether it was disappointment in that realization or if it was because she caused herself some pain. “In any case, I’m not interested in what he had to offer. He’s nice but I don’t like him like that.” So… She guessed it really was a waste of time. There was something about the way she said it. The way she looked at Lewis before tucking her hair behind her ear.

She hopped off the couch in a rush, “I’m glad your home and that your job went well though.” She gave him a sweet smile before she bounded up the stairs to fetch herself another book.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:30 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Unlike the day before, the job was a breeze. There were days that the stars seemed to align and the world let everything go smoothly. This was one of those days, and it put the assassin in a fantastic mood. When he came in, the happiness was practically oozing off of him. Simone was waiting for him, though, and immediately he was rushed with a flurry of questions.

“W-what?” It was confusing. Dates? Since when did Simone ask about dates? Lewis crossed his arms. “Of course I-” He thought for a moment. It wasn’t that simple. He had been to brothels, but those didn’t count as dates, did they? Then there was that one girl who helped out the guild, but…that always involved Xeik and a few of the other boys as well. “I…” He hadn’t gone on a date. He had never asked anyone out. Lewis started to get a little hot and flustered. “No. It’s a waste of time.” The words came tumbling out, and he couldn’t really understand where they came from, or why he felt the need to say them.

“…why are you asking these questions?” Whatever good mood he was in was disappearing. Fast.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:19 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Once it had left his mouth there was silence, a stare, and then a raspberry from her lips as she laughed. “You’re silly,” she said as she rolled her eyes. It was the first time she had heard anything remotely like that come from him. It was hard to notice that he actually said a joke but Simone had been listening and studying Lewis for quite a while now. Things had actually gotten a lot better after Angela’s and now she could read him better too. Almost as if… She was in his head at times.

Once he bolted up and explained to her what was going on Simone nodded, “Downstairs on the table. It’s still folded up in the envelope. Address is inside.” She had a habit of knowing where what he needed was… Which came in handy whenever she decided to clean every room they occupied.

The kiss to her cheek though… “Yeah, the door…” The words left her mouth with almost no sound as she touched her cheek and blushed. It made her feel like she had butterflies and she sat on the bed for a long time bathing in that feeling before she pulled herself up.

It took time to brush the knots out from Lewis grabbing her locks but she didn’t actually seem to mind it much. Getting dressed she propped the door up, wrote a note about the door needing to be fixed, and waited downstairs for Jack to come around.

It was about an hour into her wait when the knock finally came, “Simone? Are you awake?”

“I’m here,” Simone pulled herself up off the sofa and came over to the door opening it. “Good morning Jack!” She was cheerful but a fair bit worried he could smell the activities of the night before but all Jack could smell was her perfume.

Jack was a bit taken back that she had even opened the door until he noticed that Simone was holding out a note for him. “Oh, what’s this?”

“Lewis broke my bedroom door down,” it came out in a rushed mess as she looked away.

“Why the hell would he do that?”

“Lewis does whatever he wants?” After all, it was his place. He could destroy whatever he wanted in her opinion.

“Is he always such an asshole?” It was a bit straight forward and it caught Simone off guard as she thought about it.

“Mmm… Most of the time? You just have to know him I guess.” For the most part, Lewis was good to her now but it had taken the trip to Angela’s for him to be relaxed with her.

“I don’t think I want to,” Jack said nervously. “Hey, Simone?” He hurried it along as he had other deliveries.

“Hmm?” She tilted her head at him. This was the longest they had spoken face to face. He was watching her stormy eyes to see how she reacted.

“…Are you doing anything later?” The question came out kind of quiet as he looked around for Lewis. Who knew when the assassin would stumble in. God forbid he heard her.

“Not that I’m aware but that could change at any moment,” Simone answered it innocently not knowing where he was going with it.

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” Jack decided it was best to be straightforward. “It would do you some good to get out of his room.”

“I’m sorry Jack,” Simone frowned a bit as it was complicated rejecting him so she stuck with the easiest explanation. “Lewis wouldn’t like that.”

“Lewis doesn’t like anything,” Jack rolled his eyes.

“He would seriously chop my legs off,” Simone batted her pretty little eyes at him and didn’t skip a beat. He probably wouldn’t but it would get Jack off her case.

“Then… If he won’t let you because you are stuck with him… Leave with me?” She was pretty enough and nice enough. She would make a nice wife, at least Jack thought so.

“Lewis would never leave you alone if you took me,” Simone answered quietly. “You know what he would do to you if he even heard you say that right?”

“He can’t keep you prisoner forever,” Jack frowned a bit.

“I don’t think he is but…” She held her breath. “It’s just not a good idea Jack.” Simone started to close the door. “I wouldn’t… repeat that if I were you. Any of it.” Lewis… tended to get jealous. Even if he didn’t realize it. Especially after the trip to Elysia and who knew how much more since last night.

At the thought, her face flushed and she shut the door. “What’s for breakfast?”

“The usual… Want me to tell them to bring it up?” He felt dejected but he wouldn’t let her starve.

“If you could…” So after Simone had her breakfast she flopped on the couch with a book until Lewis came home. Whenever it was that he decided to come home that is.

She shifted herself on the sofa and sat up as she heard the door unlock and click. Once she knew it was him she tilted her head and it spilled out. “Lewis? Have you ever asked anyone on a date before? Have you ever actually gone on a date before?” She had spaced the questions out easily enough. She was scared that he might react poorly to it. However, the look on her face almost entirely gave away that something puzzling had happened to her.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:59 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis’ eyes followed her as she sat on the edge of the bed, and didn’t leave her. “I don’t see why this is a problem.” This statement that was made by Lewis presented a curious problem. It was said in his usual, deadpan way, but there was something very different about it. Most people would not be able to pick up on it, and even Lewis himself was barely able to realize what he had actually done…but he was making a joke. Whether or not Simone picked up on the subtle difference remained to be seen.

It dawned on Lewis that he had a job to do, and he suddenly jumped up. “I’m going to be late.” There was the briefest hint of panic in his voice, and suddenly he was throwing clothes over himself and buckling his belts and weapons. “Simone, please put in a work order request for the door. I have to go.” He ran by her, and without thinking, kissed her cheek and darted out the window.

It was much, much later that he realized that he had kissed her cheek. He had no idea why…only that he had done it. He would be kicking himself the entire rest of the day over it, and agonizing over the decision he had made.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:50 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone smiled sleepily as he answered her, “Good, I like it here.” Once he rolled into her she snuggled her head up under his chin and wrapped an arm around his waist. “Good night Lewis,” her voice wavered as she let out a small yawn and closed her sleepy eyes once more. It took no time at all for the darkness of nothing to take over her dreamscape allowing her some peace and rest for the night.

Soft breaths came from her as she slept against Lewis. Some time in the middle of the night the assassin had rolled onto his back and Simone had followed. Whether it was because he held on or because she simply rolled onto him. Whatever the case was his arms were snug around her petite waist as her face was almost level with his chin. She had found it most comfortable this way as the pillow puffed up between the crook of his shoulder allowing her head not to hurt too much from how bony his shoulder was.

As he stirred awake the subtle shift he did even to speak made her eyes flutter softly before her lips pressed against his jawline. It took a few moments for her to sit upon his chest and rub her eyes. “Sorry,” she spoke mid-yawn as she stretched and flopped off to his side after a few moments. She stretches her legs in a wide stretch making sure not to hit Lewis on accident. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed and watched as her skin bumped up from the sudden chill of no longer having Lewis close.

Rubbing her eyes again she looked back at him, “I’ll leave soon. I just have to…” She vaguely recalled that her clothes were in the other room. It caused her eyes to flutter more awake than before as a blush crossed her face. Nervously she played with her hair as she tried to get up. “I’ll have to go to my room for clothes.” It sounded like a pain. It was inconvenient for sure.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:39 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

This was the strangest of all feelings that Lewis had experienced. It was one that had no real connotation. Something that felt good, after a moment of thought, but felt almost fleeting, as though it could disappear without a trace. A warm, happy feeling. Yet, with it came the fear that the feeling would leave him. It was too complex to break down…

Emotions are stupid… Lewis opened his eyes, just enough to see that Simone was drifting off. He could feel her against him. The warmth of her skin against his. He could smell the sweat mixed with a fragrance of orange blossoms…the one that she specifically requested. It had been one of the few things she had adamantly fought for. It was her scent, and it was intoxicating and overwhelming…

“Hmm?” Lewis was brought back at the sound of her voice. It took him a moment to realize that she had asked an actual question, and he nodded. “You can stay for now…” The assassin liked her being here. At least, right now he did. He wondered, though, when it would end. The request for the door would have to be put in at dawn, and then…

Lewis huffed, and rolled into Simone, holding her as the two drifted off into pleasant dreams….

“…it’s too hot…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Stormy eyes studied the assassin as he looked around at what he had broken. Almost as if he wasn’t sure how to proceed at all. It would be embarrassing if they tried in her room now that it was exposed. What if Dala showed up? A deep flush appeared across her face as she thought about everything that could go wrong… However, she snapped out of it as Lewis took her hand.

She swore she could hear their hearts echoing in the empty tower suite. With a push, she fell onto the plush bed and watched him. If this were any other time she would have looked away but it appeared as if the girl was admiring him. It looked almost too close to studying his every movement. She was fixated on him. The distant echoes of ‘mine’ crept to the surface of her mind from their time in Love’s domain. Their voices were blending together in her head. It had been relatively the only thing they had said to each other that stuck out.

Once he was undressed he seemed to be lost. All the bravado of how they started in Angela’s realm was gone. They were left to their own creativity and their anxiety. So the princess did the only thing she could think of and bolted forwarded grabbing his hands and almost yanking him to her. She stared up at him for only a few seconds before memory kicked in for them both.

Afterward, her body felt hot… Unusually so for the time of the year or at least how she remembered the weather when she was back in her own homeland. Her face was flush but peaceful looking at she snuggled her whole form into his. Her arms were holding his as she nuzzled her nose into his neck and laid her messy black locks on his shoulder. “Mmhmm,” was the only thing she seemed to be able to get out.

“Lewis?” Her voice seemed to come from nowhere as it cut through the silence. “Can I sleep here until my door is fixed?” Her eyes fluttered back open but remaining half-lidded thanks to how tired she was. She had managed to pull the blanket at least up to her chest to cover herself up.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:57 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis looked at the broken door, and made a split second decision. “Here…” He took her hand and led her back to his room. Unlike last time, his brain wasn’t foggy and muddled by intense magic. No, this time it was clear. Which meant nervousness and anxiety, His heart was racing, and he wasn’t sure what he was feeling or why. But he knew he wanted to be with Simone…at least for the moment.

With the door shut behind them, Lewis pushed Simone at his bed while he stripped. It wasn’t long before he was standing there awkwardly, and Simone pulled him onto the bed. With that, things became a blur of emotions and feelings.

When it was all done, Simone was snuggled up to Lewis. The young man was struggling with what he was feeling, and why, but he knew that whatever it was underneath it all, he felt…satisfied. Content. At ease. It was…so strange.

“…thanks…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:52 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

“You literally slam the door in my face all the time! I didn’t know what to say! It’s all the time that you want to talk to me like an actual human being.” She said it all in one breath as she finally looked at him. “I didn’t know what to say so I slammed the door so I could get dressed so we could talk better. Because I didn’t know what to say.”

She was looking at him blushing and she wiggled again. She was sure he was oogling her. “What?” She got confused a bit but this was Lewis and he was often… awkward with how he asked about him. She squirmed a bit.

Her mind processed what he asked. Her face got bright red. Finally, she nodded, “Yeah. Sure.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:48 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

“YOU SAID NOTHING AND SLAMMED THE DOOR IN MY FACE.” Lewis was pissed, but he took a deep breath, and exhaled. Yelling wasn’t going to deal with the problem right now. The real problem was that there was some error in communication. “You…didn’t say a word to me. Not one. You just…slammed the door.”

It was slowly dawning on Lewis that she was stark naked, and he blushed. She was right there, though. The object of his desires. Was she what he wanted? Was that the reason for the dreams? Was that why the brothel was useless? He took a step forward, his eyes staring into her stormy grays.

“Do you…” He paused. How was he supposed to ask this? “Do you want…to…” It was so complicated. “That thing…we did…when you woke up from Lady Angela…can we…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:43 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

“Oh.” She blinked a few times. Now she just felt silly.

She slammed the door shut as soon as he said he wanted to talk. It was still embarrassing and now she acted jealous for nothing. She had shed the blanket and the nightgown in record time. However, what she didn’t anticipate was Lewis kicking her door in. She crossed her arms over her chest with a scream as she jumped back to narrow avoid the door that was crashing down.

“YOU.”

“YOU!”

Her face was bright red as she closed her eyes and wiggled uncomfortably. “YOU TOLD ME TO GET DRESSED!” Now she didn’t even have a door to her bedroom. Her face was bright red and she was trying to cover herself the best she could.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:39 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis glanced to the side. So she knew that he went to a brothel every so often. “There….isn’t a reason to go…” That was the honest truth. He felt no desire to go. “I just don’t feel like going because…” Because… There was no room for admitting the reason in his mind or heart. “I just don’t want to.” For some reason he felt like justifying the reason.

“Look…just…get changed and come out here so we can have an actual conversation. You look absurd.” Lewis crossed his arms and gave her a look.

Simone blinked, and then slammed the door.

Lewis stared at the door, which was inches from his face at this point. He took a breath. A deeper breath. Exhaled. Another. Exhaled. He turned around, and took three steps. Then, without hesitation, spun around and kicked the door down with a surprising amount of force, snapping the hinges.

As the door fell to the ground, Lewis stepped into the room. “WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR!”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone opened the door and she had a huge blanket wrapped around her. She was so embarrassed she could die. “I clean your room this night every time you leave.” Her long eyelashes batted at him innocently. “Remember?” Her face was so red she could have been a tomato.

“I thought you said you had business tonight… Is that when you go…” She got a tad frustrated a bit but she did her best to hide it. “Go see your lady friend? Person. I don’t know.” She looked away from him. “Brothel. Whatever.” She could smell it on him when he came back from it.

She looked puffy in the oversized blanket. She had her blanket over her head and wrapped around her. She looked like a plump caterpillar.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:26 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Lewis had closed his eyes, and drifted off into a semi-sleep. He must have been more exhausted than he thought, because he never heard the door open. Had it been someone sent to kill him, he would have died that night. But it wasn’t. In the half sleep dream state he was in, though, he could see Simone. A beautiful visage, entangled with him, embracing him. It was something that his body and mind wanted, even if he didn’t realize it himself.

Lewis’ eyes opened, and he sat up ever so slightly, a flushed look on his face. Am I still dreaming? There was a slightly shocked Simone, wearing a see through nightgown. He could see almost everything about her, and it was just as he had remembered it. This…is a weird dream though…

That was when Simone spoke, clearly shocked.

“I.”

“You.” Lewis’ eyes widened. It was actually her. Where did she get that outfit? Before he could question any of it, the girl was gone.

Lewis was up in a flash. “S-Simone?”

The door to her room was, rightfully, closed when he arrived. “Simone…what….what were you doing!?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Jack looked a bit insulted and Simone gave an apologetic look. “Bye Jack,” Simone said it abruptly and instantly gave upon him the moment the assassin came home.

What kind of hold did he have on Simone? She had just shown up one day and at first, she was scared to talk to him. Now they held full conversations. The look in her eyes when she laughed, at least when he got the chance to see it. She was pretty and lively compared to the dull assassin that housed her.

She locked the door after she closed it. Putting the note down she missed how flushed his face was. “There is a contact for you but it isn’t for another two nights. In Mamlak it said.”

Still he left her without saying much. This was how their relationship was. She sighed a bit. Once night time came and she was sure that Lewis had left, normally he was gone. She had changed into the last clean nightgown she had left. It was a sort of see-through blue. It was pretty and looked more like the color of a sapphire. She didn’t ever wear it but when he was gone because it was embarrassing. Her hair was left down having gotten pretty long since she arrived in the tower.

She left her room and opened his bedroom door. She didn’t even see him on the bed as she had almost immediately turned to his desk. She closed the door gently even before she started to clean up her desk. Humming left her lips as she did a little dance as she cleaned. Her eyes were on whatever she was on. Finally, she spun around. Her eyes got huge as she spotted him on the bed, “Lewis.” It was barely audible. Her face was bright red. She looked down at her outfit. “Um.”

“I.”

“You.”

She was stumbling and she sounded like she couldn't breathe. “I need to leave.” She ran out and into her room slamming the door shut.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:09 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

It has not been a particularly hard job, but it was one that was tedious, and that put Lewis in a frustrated mood. It had taken far more energy than he had planned for as well, and that meant another tiring climb up into his tower, versus the normal method of magicking himself in.

As he approached the door to the tower, he noticed the young man, Jack, at the door. A potions brat that had been taken in for his potential. Mostly, though, he just ran around as a little errand boy for coin. If he were smarter, he could sell his potions for profit. It was doubtful that Lord Raith would keep him around for long.

“Move,” Lewis said as he pushed past the boy to unlock his door. But, he didn’t need to. When Simone heard his voice, the door opened a little. The assassin paused, looking between the two. They were…talking. “Don’t you have work to do, Jack?” With that, he pushed past Simone. “Close and lock the door.”

For some reason, he was irritated. More so than usual. That feeling was becoming more and more persistent. In fact, all of his feelings had been a tangled mess ever since the damned dream dive and that moment the two shared after. Lewis glanced back at Simone, and his mind flashed back to their heated moments. At once, his face started to turn red and he looked away.

“I….need to go out tonight. I have business to take care of.” Whenever he felt this stressed, he went to the local brothels. Emotionally, it didn’t do anything, but physically…well, it was supposed to take the edge off. That’s what he was told. But…

The young man scoffed, and went to his room, changing his clothes into something more casual and less blood soaked. He downed a potion, and started to the window. …but… Lewis stared out, and let out a sigh. Something about running to the brothel now seemed off. Almost like it’s not enough… His mind flashed back to that day with Simone, and he ruffled his hair. “Auuugghh, damnit!” He threw himself onto the bed, and stared at the ceiling.

“Damned girl…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:54 PM, Post Subject: Younger Years Volume II [P/R]

Simone was straightening up their common room. She was singing and humming. The telltale sign that Lewis Dusk was not home. She spun around and danced to imaginary music. She put his daggers that he kept in the common room up. Cleaned up all of their messes. Since she had arrived the place was practically spotless.

“Simone?” There was a knock at the door.

Simone’s eyes lit up as she ran over. “Jack! Good morning!”

“Good morning Simone! Is Lewis out?” Jack sounded all too happy that Lewis was gone and Simone frowned a bit but she hid it.

“Yes, Lord Raith had a job for him or so he told me. What news do you have for me?”

“Oh, the kitchen is making lamb for dinner tonight if you want to put an order in. I have a message for Lewis from a contact too. Can you… Open the door?”

“I suppose…” Simone opened the door just a slit. Jack had black hair and brown eyes. A stark contrast to Lewis. He looked into her stormy eyes and lost his breath for a moment. He was taller than she was but that wasn’t hard.

“Um,” Jack lost his breath.

“Can I have the letter?” Simone held her hand out.

“Yeah, sorry.” Jack handed it to her and Simone slammed the door shut as soon as his hand was out of the way.

“Thank you!”

Jack stood there dejected at first. Maybe she would warm up to him more if she ever left his quarters without Lewis.