Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > Funeral Pyre [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Even though Lewis knew that Llywellyn was being emotional, that still didn’t change the fact that he was all over a naked Simone, and without a word, Lewis pulled a burning, sharp stick and pointed it at the elf king.

“Don’t make me-”

Lly held up his hands, realizing what he had done. “Fair. That’s…fair…”

Among all the chaos, Lewis and Simone managed to get some clothes on. Dala had apparently gotten them for the two, and was planning on setting them alight along with the pyre.

“That would have been a shame,” the ex-assassin said with a dead stare. “They’re nice.” He barely had a moment of peace, though, when Alshaya and Everett both tackled him back to the ground. They were both bawling their eyes out, unable to really form anything past the “I missed you so much” phrase that was bound to be on repeat for the next several hours.

Xeik walked up to Lewis, kneeling down and staring at his best friend. Much like Dala, there was anger in his eyes.

“You idiot. You absolute fucking idiot…” Xeik punched Lewis across the face. Hard. “That’s for dumping our tyrant kids on me. Raise them yourself you bastard.” The Divine Mender stood up, and winced. His hand was hurting now. “I’m…glad you’re back, though.”

Lewis sighed, and smirked. “I guess I deserve that…”

Out of nowhere, a large, massive red-haired man ran up and tackled both Simone and Lewis, one in each arm. Rhenakos was practically in tears as he squeezed both of them. “Gods bless both of you! How the hell did you manage a stunt like that!”

“Too…tight,” Lewis gasped out. “Can’t…….breath…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
“We won’t again. This time was special, this time was for the kids.”

Mone winced and almost dropped Janus as she glared at Xeik, “XEIK!”

“OH! Sorry!” Xeik put his hands up now as he looked at Mone. “That was for him, not you.” That just caused Mone to smirk as she snuggled the twins even more before Alshaya and Everett bounced over to her.

The kids abandoned her at once when Rhenakos came charging in. Simone was having just as much a hard time as Lewis, “Rhen, you are actually going to kill us for real this time.” Simone wheezed as Rhen loosened his grip but still kept hugging him. “We’re not sure on the specifics but the magic that brought me back needed Lewis to die to complete itself. Since it started with my deceased body it needed his too. We’re sure it’s a lot more complicated than that. It was a close call regardless.”

She reached her hand up and ruffled Rhenakos’s hair. “We’re sorry everyone. We couldn’t think of another way out. Even if all of us had charged in there together… More of us could have gotten killed and the kids were at risk. Lewis and I spent the better part of twenty minutes making the decision to save everyone else. After all, as long as the kids are alive we’re happy. We were doing what we promised… Protecting our kids and those we deem family. Even you Rhenakos.”

“That’s why you didn’t fight back…” Xeik looked at them.

“We wanted to spend the last few moments we had together. We were unsure if we were going to be together in the afterlife so it meant everything to us to use those last few moments to talk about our happy memories.” Simone and Lewis finally got free and Simone held out her hand to Xeik, “Give them up. I feel naked without them.”

“Same…” Lewis looked at Xeik. “My finger feels weird.”

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
It took Xeik a moment to realize what Simone and Lewis were asking for, and once he remembered, his eyes lit up and he smiled. “Oh! Right! Of course!” He fumbled around for a moment, checking his pockets before finally producing Simone’s locket, and the two rings that were dangling on the chain next to it.

Xeik handed the whole thing over to Simone, who separated the rings and put hers on, following up with taking Lewis’ hand and sliding his ring on as well.

“There,” Simone said with a content smile.

“Feels good, Lewis replied with a smirk.

Xeik watched as Lewis helped put the locket back on Simone, and let out a sigh of relief. The shock of them coming back was still there, but he had a feeling that things were starting to look up again.

Lewis finished up with the locket, and hugged Simone from behind. “We have a lot to do now, though…” he said with a hint of venom in his voice. “It’s not over yet…” He was referring to Marcov. “I have a feeling…” He didn’t want to say it out loud, but he knew that Simone was thinking the same thing. It wasn't as simple as they thought.

It may not even be about us, Lewis said to Simone. It might be… His eyes hovered at Dala for a split second. “But first…we should get home.”

Xeik crossed his arms, “Oh no you don’t. Both of you are coming with me to the offices for a check up.”

“Can’t it wait?” Simone whined. “We’re both exhausted. Rising from the dead is a really tiring process you know…”