Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sotho Coast > Mamjaku, Outpost of the Moons > The Heat of the Forge [L:3]
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Polecat warned Hiro not to ask the wrong questions to the wrong people, to prevent him from getting shived in the back. "I understand, thank you, Polecat."  Hiro practiced with his replica sword, while Polecat summoned a doppleganger with magic to practice against.  Wouldn't they both know how the other would react to each other?  When Hiro was done practicing with the sword, he turned it to Shuja, and she brought up the topic of money.  "I meant to ask how much this would cost me.  Silver should be little problem for me . . ."

She said she understood how much silver was used by people from other realms, but she would much rather deal with the barter system.  Bring her materials such as ores, scales and hides, and so forth that she could use in her craft, in exchange for these weapons she was providing for them.  Hiro put some deep thought into it.  Work was begun on the weapons by her summoned elemental.

"Bartering, huh?  I have materials and tools I can provide you.  My father, bless his soul, was a blacksmith, as well as a warrior.  He died in battle.  He left behind his tools of his trade, he was a master blacksmith from the realm we originated from.  He had begun rebuilding his trade before he was cut down in this world.  I can provide you with some of his old tools and materials: metals, leathers, hammers, tongs, and so on.  All things he worked with using his own two hands.  I know enough about blacksmithing to know that such tools may be sacred to the smith, but I have little use for them.  I have other mementos of him that I'm keeping.  He created the armor I'm wearing, some of the weapons I wield.  He forged a fire sword I wield, the Blade of Wildfire.  I imagine some of the tools and materials he worked with would be enough of a price to pay for your work?  If you wish to know more about my father, Sabishii Kouen, I would gladly tell you some time."

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
And at last, it was time for the payment. Currency was the easy option when it came down to it, but when Shuja said she preferred being paid in materials Shiloh had to think for a bit. Bartering was something she was used to; you needed alternate forms of payment depending on your customer. She wasn't sure what sort of things were common or rare in Onnen, or how quickly traders from the Sister Continents had settled into the local economy. Sure she could offer larger shipments of raw ore at a bargain, but that didn't seem suitable in exchange for a weapon. Shiloh was no blacksmith–she knew the process and the procedures but she wasn't a master like Shuja. Designing tools, machinery, or complex contraptions was her sort of thing. For a land that had been self-sufficient for ages, what could they possibly want? "Hm…" Shiloh frowned, glaring hard enough to bore a hole into the floor. 

Ah–that was it! What did Canelux and Parvpora have that couldn't be found in Onnen? Reaching into her bag she rummaged around until she found what she wanted–pulling out ingots of a silvery-blue metal. Right away she stacked them on the counter until there was a small pyramid. "This will be my payment–ingots of pure lacriamium. It's a very special metal, one you can't find anywhere else except in the continents across the ocean. Unlike other metals, it only exists in very limited quantities and its properties are above and beyond steel and platinum. Maybe you could try using this for your next order?" She was smiling now, proud of her choice. "If you ever want more, you're always welcome to buy from me. And if you ever want to come see how smiths from the Sister Continents work, I know a few people who won't say no." It was a business transaction after all. Every good businessperson knew when to present an offer to open doors for the future. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Alignment: LN
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
The offer that Polecat made was… intriguing. Taking a bar in hand, Shuja looked over the metal. A part of her was disappointed to not see it in its pure ore form, but instead its already processed ingot form, but the metal on offer was certainly interesting. It shined like no other metal she had seen, and if her words were right, it would certainly make a fine tool with a long life to it. Not only that, but she not only placed the offer on what was on the table, but any more she needed she could call for her. She had a keen eye with this kind of negotiation.

Still, words on quality were only so much She would need to test it out… A dagger at first to see what kind of heat it would take to mend and shape it before knowing what kind of whet to give it a proper edge. If that held, a step further, like an axe, to test its true strength and durability… Her face was clear that she was processing these thoughts out before she finally stated, "It is amusing on how such a simple item can be common to one side, yet exotic within another. Polecat, I shall accept this as your payment for your weapon. The project will be long, but you are free to come by and ask for practice with the finer parts of my creation, or to simply learn a bit more of our land and culture over tea, as I would care to hear what is considered common for your land. Either way, I am sure Father Indalo will bless whatever can be made from these foreign materials."

As for Hiro, Shuja listened on before shaking her head. "Not only I am sure I am in no need of the tools your father has given as I have many of my own, I would dare not separate his tools from your hands. After all, the bond they hold to you may be closer than you think." Still, her mind paused for a bit. "Though should the materials you have to offer be enough, I will craft your weapon with his tools, as my way to honor his legacy to you. Now then, show to me what else you have to offer."