Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sotho Coast > Mamjaku, Outpost of the Moons > The Heat of the Forge [L:3]
Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Alignment: LN
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
As Polecat went over the foreign weapon before her (an eerie gleam in her eye and look that seemed to have held back any kind of drooling), Shuja listened to the request of Hiro (though the background details did not seem too necessary for her. After all, everyone had their own styles). Still, it was a request that was met with a bit of a frown, saying, "I am sorry, but that would not be an order I could complete on my own. After all, my art lies within the hammer, not enchantments. However, I could forge blade that is easy to channel magic through. That would be the half I could perform." Her trunk had once again raised to the shelving above the counter to bring down a new ore. "Fusium act as conductor, so that would be base metal."

When Polecat snapped back with an eager gleam to have one for herself, she smiled. "A weapon like this is tricky to maintain, so always forged fresh," she assured before opening the counter door open and stepping aside, motioning to the two. "If we wish to deal more, I should need a sense of what you prefer. Come." If either of them agreed to follow her into the back, Shuja would lead them over to the "backyard" of the shop… which hardly looked like it had any real conditioning kept to it. The ground was littered with cracks ans impact dents. Walls and dummies littered with scars and wounds. Shrapnel  rested between what could have been two pieces of what was one large log. However, what lined one of the walls, kept in pristine order, were a set of a variety of wooden weapons of many types. In fact, some of them of them were of the same type, but of different style. "First, before we figure out how we make your weapon, I most find out what fits you the most. Feel free to test and find most comfortable to handle. We can make adjustments along the way." Should Hiro have joined, he would have been asked to simply find the weapon he felt the most comfortable with, but with Polecat, she had to find both a large axe and a great sword.

To Shuja, this was possibly her favorite part of the craft: finding what best fits the user. Seeing what kind of styles can be forged from their talents, customs, and training. This was where the Flames of Creation were always ignited.
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro thought about what Shuja said about not being able to enchant the blade, but making one that could be used to create a blade that can channel the magic through, so someone else can enchant it. "That'll work, I knew someone who was able to remake my father's sword complete with similar enchantments. I might have to rely on her. If only I knew someone who could channel the Storm, since that's what I'm looking for," Hiro thought outloud. He happened to glance toward the woman calling herself Polecat, seeing how stormy she seemed to be. The eerie look in her eyes, she was practically drooling over that unique blade of Shuja's. That looked like she was practically a tempest waiting to be unleashed. How curious. He wondered who she really was.

Shoving those thoughts away, Shuja invited her two customers to the back of her shop, to a training area of sorts. It wasn't as well kept as the rest of the store, because there were all kinds of battle damage here. It probably wasn't worth repairing the damage of a place that's used for heavy training and combat. She invited the two of them to find the best kind of weapon that he would suit him, from a variety of options. Hiro walked over to a weapon rack that had a number of wooden swords on it, of varying blade lengths and styles. The first one he picked up was a wooden katana.

"The katana. Originally made by eastern cultures with impure metal qualities, though incredibly sharp, wasn't meant to cut through heavy armor. Though with the power of the wind, it could be more effective. However, the style of a katana doesn't suit me. I'm a knight, with the varieties of katana styles, orkenjutsu that exist out there, I'm not trained in any of them. It'd be pointless to try and wield a sword of that type, it'd just be a wall-hanger." Hiro placed the katana down without even trying to wield it. "Something more western or traditional, but maybe with some eastern flare. I've trained in one handed, and two handed styles of combat, I can use polearms and axes, but much prefer swords. I've dual wielded before, but it's not my specialty." Hiro picked up a straight sword, a one handed blade. He took a one handed stance, and practiced a bit, he tried to imagine how he would cast magic while wielding the sword. "This one . . . no, the shape isn't conductive to the wind, I think. Something more curved, something that can move fast, katana do tend to be able to be enchanted with wind, because of their lightness and speed. But . . ." Hiro found something that caught his eye. He had picked up a light, fast-moving, curved blade. He held it in one hand, swinging it around a bit, noticing the wind generated by the wooden blade as he swung it faster and faster. "This generates some wind as it is. I like it, I could use something based around this. It's a scimitar-like blade."

Hiro walked over to a training dummy. He held the blade in one hand,spinning it around in his hand, testing the balance, then took a fighting stance. He moved in toward the dummy and sliced at it with smooth, rapid slices. One could see him moving his wrist to change the angle in which he was swinging from. When he was finished, he stepped away from the dummy, examined his handiwork, then handed it to Shuja.

"What do you think?

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
A test ground for clients to figure what best fit them, not a bad idea when it came to making custom weapons. Shuja was definitely thorough and Shiloh liked that. For things like these it was important not to cut corners. "Alright…let's get started." Stretching in preparation, she eyed a few wooden replicas that she recognized in shape. Unlike the knight, Shiloh had no issues with using just about anything as long as she could pick it up. Even everyday objects could become deadly weapons if used in the right ways. Since she was already here, why not try everything once? Naturally she went to find whatever was closest to the unique weapon she was asking for. The closest matches were great axe and greatsword, both pretty hefty towards one side. The fact they were made of wood gave a slight difference than the real ones, but they weren't going for complete similarity here. Finding a suitable targ-er, training dummy to practice on, she stood back from it a few paces and focused. Her hands gripped the wooden axe handle comfortably, then tightened as bloodlust flashed in her eyes. Charging forward she smashed the axe replica down on the dummy's head with a loud crack! 

For a split second she'd forgotten she was holding a piece of wood instead of a weapon, and the thought crossed her mind as she watched the replica's shaft splinter in two–sending the axe head spinning up in the air. The broken piece fell down with a faint plop, kicking up a puff of dust. "…Oh uh, that wasn't supposed to happen. I can fix it, hold on–" Well this was awkward. Running to retrieve the other half she carefully put them back together and restored the wood weapon back to it's former state. "Totally fixed, like it was never broken at all. Yes." She quietly returned it to the pile and went to test out the greatsword. Her 'practice' with the other wood weapon was slightly less destructive, looking more like she was slapping the dummy around with a massive paddle with a small handle. Instead of cleaving, it was more like she was bludgeoning it to death. When she had smacked it around enough, she exchanged it for the wood katana and short sword. With one in each hand, she rushed at the dummy to beat it with a barrage of slashes and hits from all sorts of angles. She was dashing around the stationary target, clearly having way too much fun. 

"And I think that's about it." Shiloh said, putting the two away. After her little accident with the axe, she decided not to waste any more of Shuja's time. Also so she wouldn't end up breaking even more objects… "Will that be enough info for you? I'm pretty much fine with just about anything, but heavier weapons and polearms slow me down. Reaction time and responsiveness is pretty important for me, but a weapon needs to work as it should for my hits to be effective."

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shuja

Character Info
Shuja smiled as she watched the pair head off into two separate directions. The male was one who certainly liked thinking out loud, as if some kind of bard telling a tale rather than a knight, thought it did also let her get in some extra bits of information. He wished for a weapon that could not just channel the air, but cut through it. He had eyes on a method, but not a real idea of form outside of a single-handed sword. Every warrior had their preference in a weapon style after all, and his seemed locked in a direction for this.

The woman, however, was far more concerning. She used much brute with the axe, enough to break it, which led her to take on a "safer" approach. Shuja's eyes narrowed as she saw the sword be used more like a bat. She was too afraid to actually use the blade, it seemed, possibly because of the flop from the axe. She distracted herself with much nimbler gear, showcasing an inept aptitude towards faster slashes. Did she think her weapon was slow as well?

It did not take long for the two to approach, the male offering his weapon as the female seemingly crossing her fingers that visuals were enough. "I think I have gathered enough for the first step. Now, we head over to the tweaking and fine-tuning of your project. First: to Hiro." Holding out her left hand, she muttered a prayer to him, eyes half-closed as her attention seemed to have faded away, removing all forms of distractions. A ball of light soon gathered before him before warping and shaping to the edge he held previously, though with a minute tweak. "These veins should help you slice though the air easier. Do not be shy to ask for other changes until you are fully satisfied with what you wish." She was quick to dismiss him before turning her attention over to Polecat, her eyes laced with a more serious glare.

"You, however, seem to underestimate what you have asked for. Take this time to really consider if this is the path you wish to take, for if I see you waver one more time, I will douse the forge and not kindle its flame for you. You would not be the first, nor be the last I have given this out." She then started her prayer once more, this time forging three separate items: A great sword, a great axe, and the main body that matched her own weapon. However, this time her right arm lifted and pulled away the blades from the two other weapons, moving the sword edge upon the axe, molding their forms before her until the two seemed to have shared a unique blade before finally attaching it to the base, forcing it to change forms before her before resting it before Shiloh in its standby state.

"This weapon will never be as flimsy as these wooden tests I offer," she assured before picking up her own weapon. "It is also tricky to use as well." She was sure Polecat watched as she extended the axe once more by pulling out the hidden handle before beginning her swipes upon one of the dummies. Sure, it was a bit slow, but it carried a hefty range, able to strike surrounding targets in the process.  Even an upwards slash was able to prove its vertical reach before causing an infinite-shaped flurry of swings. "If you are afraid of it, it will not respond as you wish!" One last spiral swing, turning her entire body, and the axe now took on its sword shape. "You must prove to it that you are worth it!" Her combos continued in sword, much more concentrated, but swifter as well, easily handling many different types of slashes and angles. However, with each one, the crystal that rested upon its hilt began to slow brighter and brighter; a brightness that began to take over the entirety of the blade as more of her power was getting channeled into it. It was not long until it was not visually engulfed in light, but it also echoed sound of stress and cracking glass. The medium was growing unstable. "Do not simply look at its limit as an end, but only a beginning, and push through it!"

She let one hand go of the weapon, but at that point, there was so much energy holding it together that she didn't need to hold its switch. Instead, she lunged the blade into the practice dummy, stabbing it through as she listed it into the air as more and more pushed into it, causing the parts to rumble together and the sword vibrating loudly before it was too much and exploded with energy. The dummy flew into two directions as showers of shards rained down upon Shuja as the blade fell back into rest and the axe head raised back up, though crystal shards falling from the hilt.

"It will not be taken hold of overnight, but that is with anything you take up," she said, hitting the axe on the ground to break off any remaining bits in the handle before pulling out a new gem and placing it into its missing socket. "It also asks for much care when not in use as well due to its many parts." The axe dropped back down as it rested on standby before the Indlovu turned back to Polecat, staring fiercely into her eyes. "Will you prove to me that you are worthy of my ultimate work?!"
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Hiro heard the loud crack of the axe replica broke, into pieces as the weapon came crashing down upon the dummy's head.  "Damn, she's stronger than she looks."  Hiro thought to himself.  She repaired the weapon the best she could, before picking up another weapon, a great sword.  On the other hand, she showed less aptitude with that weapon.  Was it because she was afraid of breaking it like the great axe?  Or did she not know how to wield a great sword well.  Hiro himself trained in all manner of swords besides the katana.  His preferred weapon was a bastard sword, a sword that was big enough for two hands, while remaining capable of being wielded one handed.  He liked the flexibility, considering he was a knight that could use magic.  He could swing the blade with both hands, or switch to one hand so he could cast with the other.

He turned his attention to Shuja, who had summoned a ball of light that took the form of a sword similar to the one he had been wielding.  Hiro examined the the image, nodding.  "The blade could be slightly longer, as could the handle, I do like flexibility in how I wield a sword, whether it's one handed, or a hand-and-a-half blade.  Otherwise, it looks great.  I'm gonna have to come up with a name though . . . I like my weapons to have names, because I feel it brings out power in the weapon, it's more than a tool to me, if you understand, unless you have any ideas."  Hiro watched as the smith turned her attention to Polecat, and showed her three shapes of weapons, before merging them into one, showing an image of the weapon she wanted, this "Switch-Axe."  Shuja the warrior demonstrated the weapon impressively, showing how it was intended to be used.  He liked how she had mastered this weapon, it was an impressive device.  However, Hiro had thought about it, and that kind of weapon would not be one he would use.  As a magic user and a knight, he preferred weapons that allowed more freedom in movement, a completely different fighting style than he was used to.  This Switch Axe seemed like it required certain movements to be used to full effectiveness.  It looked like something less suited for fighting people, rather tackling giant beasts (though Hiro fought both people and monsters).  A humanoid opponent might be able to take advantage of the moving parts, and target the weapon directly, possibly damaging it, or breaking it completely.  He watched the demonstration of the weapon and it did seem like a great responsibility and honor to wield such a thing, even more so than a regular weapon.

"If i may interject, is this weapon, this switch-axe was it?  Is it meant merely for tackling beasts and monsters?  I imagine a wielder of this weapon might have trouble with a humanoid opponent.  A lot of moving parts in there, and you need a supply of those crystals too?  It looks not just a feat of smithing, but engineering too.  I bet an opponent, like a human opponent, could take advantage of the mode switching, repetitive movements, to out maneuver, or to target any of the parts on the weapon.  If I took my sword, I could wedge it in there somewhere, and potentially break it.  While a simple beast wouldn't be able to do that.  Polecat, why do you want such a weapon?  A wall hanger?  You want to hunt monsters?  To impress people with it?  I feel a weapon should be used to protect, I wield my weapon to protect those I care about, to protect the common people, to sharpen myself. and get stronger.  Who do you fight for?  Will you make Shuja proud with your skill with that weapon?  Clearly broke the training axe and had troubles with using the greatsword.  I don't doubt your combat prowess.  What do you typically use as a weapon?"  He was keen on seeing some of the same things Shuja saw in her while she used the weapons, and understood the responsibility in being trusted with a weapon such as this.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Out of all the possible outcomes, this wasn't the one she expected to happen. But the more she thought about it, there were subtle hints looking back on Shuja's attitude and actions. This was probably the first time she'd legitimately angered a blacksmith, for any reason. The threat of being banned as a customer–well there was a first time for everything she supposed. Maybe she should've picked up on this back when she noted the holistic approach the beast-woman had towards her occupation. The religious viewpoint was something Shiloh would have to find a way to work around. She'd have to remind herself to curb her enthusiasm more. While the smith sternly lectured and gave a much-desired demonstration on how the weapon was used, Shiloh was observing the moving pieces and the smith's posture. Having two functions combined into one looked good at first, but there were issues when it came to the transition. With more practice she could get the timing down better to reduce the delay on that front, though the same questions she had in her first glance weren't going away. In short, you needed the strength to lift it for it to be effective.

Shuja's build made multiple strikes doable, however you had to constantly be moving and keeping tabs on your surroundings. Most of the damage dealt came from utilizing the weapon's weight, meaning the rhythm could be interrupted if you were thrown off balance. The sword form of it had more responsiveness, but it was a death-charge to rack up hits while changing position. Maybe if you were desperate you could use it to block if you were in a pinch, at best absorbing some of the blows. However the biggest problem she had wasn't actually the transforming aspect; it was the crystal. A single-use of a charged blast that required a lengthy build-up, all while locked in on focusing your blows. It was like a stun-flare coupled with a damaging explosion, something she'd have to be deaf and blind to in order to avoid being affected. When Shuja questioned if she was ready to 'prove her worth' in order to convince her to make the weapon, Shiloh clicked her tongue. 

At this point she determined saying anything that went against the smith's pride would result in being barred from any purchases whatsoever, including the dual-form weapon she had been eyeing all this time. Despite the drawbacks of the design, she could imagine herself using it in certain situations and could tailor it to suit her needs. Also, she wanted a sample of local weaponry to study their methods of metallurgy. Sometimes you had to stand your ground to get a good offer, other times you had to yield to keep the door open for negotiation. This time, she chose to bend. As long as she received her order at the end, it didn't matter what rings she had to jump through. Then the knight started talking. Right off the bat she was thrown a half a dozen of questions, some of them probably rhetorical but still asking for responses. In the mix was his personal opinion on the flaws of the 'switch-axe', which neither of them had asked for, and then he started prying about why she even wanted this thing. 

Her natural reaction would be to systematically answer every question with the least words possible, while bluntly telling him to mind his own business. However her room for bargaining with Shuja was already shrinking, so she bit her tongue and let out a sigh. Might as well try to sound polite using socially acceptable responses. "…You talk too much." Normally when you go to buy a weapon from a shop, you don't go chatting up the other customers in the place. It'd be like trying to hold a conversation with someone using a bathroom next to you. It makes the situation incredibly awkward, especially when it's an absolute stranger. "A word of advice, don't go asking strangers personal questions–especially while telling them your moral views and life philosophy. It's a great way to draw unnecessary attention to yourself." And a quick way to get yourself pinned as target. This was really not the time to be shooting the breeze when the chance of her getting a very unique piece of weaponry was gradually slipping out of her grasp. 

Her first obstacle was going to be meeting Shuja's standards, so it'd be an uphill battle thanks to her fooling around earlier. Taking another look at the weapon simulacrum the smith conjured, she reached into her knapsack and rummaged around until she pulled out a huntsman's axe. Holding it in her hand, she hefted it and contemplated the balance and weight before putting it away. Good, now she had a point of reference. She faced the smith. "You know, you're right. I don't have the same level of trust towards heavier weapons as you do. And that's because I don't like the possibility of not being able to defend myself while my hands are full. Time is everything to me when it comes down to it; a second can be the difference between life and death. I want this weapon because I want to lower my odds of dying if I can help it, and the last thing I want is to die an avoidable death. If you think I'm not cut out for your pride and joy, then so be it. Maybe it wasn't meant for me. But if you think I have a shot at handling it the way it's supposed to, then I'll keep trying until you kick me out." Shuja was the one with the deciding power here, and Shiloh wanted to gauge how the smith thought about her personally.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Shuja

Character Info
An irritable sigh escaped Shuja as Hiro was making immediate demands on alterations to the weapon even without testing it out. He took no feel for the actual weight, grip, and comfort of swing of the weapon and was already demanding for the length of the blade and handle to be altered. "I can do that, but are you sure this would not affect the balance the sword? If you are also not adapt to the blade's curve, then your alignment may be tricky at start." The addition of the veins making it slice through the air would also throw off the weapon as well, as two-handed weapons often lacked the agileness that matched the flow he seemed to have been after, as well.

As Polecat seemed to have taken the display she had shown her, questioning her motives and determination, it seemed that Hiro went on another rant, first pointing out what he believed to be flaws within her weapon before chastising the other about her interest in it. Her fingers flexed a bit before catching the man on his final word before her hand crashed into the back of his skull, not afraid to use the innate muscles from her build and forging experience placed behind it. "You keep this up, and you, too, will be barred from my shop," she stated bluntly, giving the same determined glare as she gave Shiloh when asking to prove herself. "All tools have strengths and weaknesses. As great is a sword is for cutting flesh, it does little to nothing against plated armor. For that, hammers are used to deal damage to the one inside, is that not true? Sentient-kind have rarely threatened me on my travels, so I rarely worry about them."

During the conflict, it seemed that Polecat tested something out before finally addressing Shuja once more, admitting to her usual style, reasonings behind them, and admitting out loud as a weakness of hers. The air was still as the blacksmith looked upon her before giving Polecat an assured smile. "Acknowledging faults is the first step to change, is it not?" she assured before resting her hand upon the other's shoulder. "Not only that, but weapon masters never ask their pupils to take their teachers as sure-proof. We take what we learn and adapt it to that which we feel as comfort. The process is not easy, but I am sure your battle-worn hands have already told you this." With a wave of her hand, both weapons gave off a faint glow before altering. To Hiro, the blade and handle extended some, and to Polecat, hers seemed to have dropped in mass.

"Hiro, your adjustments, as requested, though I wish for you to be absolutely sure you can handle it before I take my hammer to it. Polecat, I simulated the same metal you saw the weapons in my shop while dropping down the figure a touch. While it may lack in its punch like mine does, I am sure your style can adjust easier. If you want, you can even use it to train in the heavier weapons you do not feel comfortable with. Now, take them up and get a good feel. Do not be shy with questions or remarks of other alterations."
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Hiro probably shouldn't have opened his mouth.  He was drawing the ire of both Shuja and Polecat, and he should have noticed this before he said anything.  A smack in the back of the head caught him off-guard.  She hit pretty damn hard.  He nearly fell off his feet as she struck him.  She commented that he should lift the weapon before making demands.  He rubbed the back of his head in pain.  How would Hiro react to just getting walloped by this shop keeper?

"Ooof . . . I-I'm sorry, I've been . . . disrespectful to both of you.  I must apologize."  Hiro said, bowing deeply   "I . . . I can pick that projection up?  I thought it was just something my hand would go through . . . I didn't realize the extent of your magic, or how it worked."  He bowed deeply again, directly to Shuja.  "I had no idea.  I'm sorry for my ignorance.  I'm not from this land, and I have disrespected you greatly, and misunderstood things.  I have pried too deeply to Miss Polecat too., I'm sorry, I'll mind my own business."  It was like he was rightfully chastised by one of his parents, though neither of them hit him like Shuja had.  Regardless, he took a moment to compose himself, he didn't seem angry, just disappointed in himself.  He went over to the spectral sword that Shuja had formed for him, and was surprised he was able to pick it up.  It actually had form and weight to it.  He stepped off to the side held the blade in his right hand, and was able to swing it around, feeling it cut through the wind.  He then held it in both hands (owing to the increased handle and blade length), and swung the blade about in sweeping arcs.  "Yes.  Yes.  I like this.  Feels natural in either one hand or both hands.  I like this.  Indeed."  Hiro tested it a bit more, finding it feeling good, balancing well, despite the last minute change he had asked for.

"I'm still uncertain where I'll find a proper enchanter, I know a blacksmith that can enchant, but I don't know how she feels about enchanting someone else's creation.  But I guess I'll have to find that out for myself."  He looked at Shuja with a smile..  "It will do nicely.  I don't see any other changes I'd like.  It's balanced well.  I like it.  I can't wait to have my hands on the finished creation."

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
It appeared her analysis was correct–Shuja thought her answer was acceptable, and she could feel she'd regained some ground. This time it was the boy's turn to get the smith's glare for inadvertently making the same mistake Shiloh had made earlier. From their interactions so far, if you wanted to Shuja to make you a weapon you needed to not only have a clear idea in mind, but the knowledge and savvy to know how to work things out. It took some bargaining and a slight background in weapon mastery to figure how to make the deal go through. After getting a solid wallop from the beast-woman, the knight had ashamed regret written all over him. He wasn't hard to read; he looked a lot like a kid being scolded for breaking something out of carelessness. And there was the fact that he missed the point of her advice completely. Looks like she would have to spell it out for him, seeing how bluntly straightforward he was. "I'm not mad. I'd just hate to see you end up with a shiv in your gut because you asked the wrong questions to the wrong people." 

Shuja made some slight alterations to the shape of her weapon simulacrum, making it much easier to handle. It still held the same structure, but right away she could feel her swings would be faster when she picked it up. The corner of her mouth twitched up into a grin. "That's the ticket…It's a tad lighter, but still hits harder than most of my gear. Like I promised, I'll give it a test run until we're both satisfied." With the dual-weapon in hand, it was time to practice on a moving target. The practice dummies were solid, but in real combat things weren't going to sit still. And she had just the thing to cover that. Standing in the training ground a distance away from the smith and knight, Shiloh's shadow crept forward on the ground before rising, creating a body double. To her created doppelganger she tossed one of her swords. Once it was armed, they began to fight.

Her double rushed at her in the same way as she had done in her first practice with the wooden replicas, forcing her to block and dodge several quick blows. This was to simulate combat against a highly mobile enemy with a shorter reach but greater maneuverability. Shiloh shoved the double back with a block, then swung down the axe head nearly catching the double's leg. The reduction in mass for the weapon was helping, but she had to get a better grasp the timing. Adjusting her hands on the handle, she prepared to go on the offensive. It was her turn to charge, this time with a feint that her double dodged only to take a sudden hit from her weapon's sword mode. She let out a low whistle when she managed to pull it off. So this was the advantage switching forms had. Having a heavier weapon meant you could stagger your opponent and then take advantage of the opening to disarm or incapacitate. She put this into practice by smashing the sword-form of her weapon into her double's arm, forcing the doppelganger to drop its weapon. 

The drain from keeping the double active was starting to strain her, so she cut the spell short and it dissipated. Retrieving her broadsword, she came back to the smith with a satisfied look. "I've started to get the hang of it. It's not as easy to feint with, but once I have the momentum I can force an enemy onto the defensive. Utilizing stunning blows buys me a few more seconds of time to make up for my slower speed. I can work with this. Oh, but you probably already knew that." She said the last sentence with a wry grin. Sarcasm and humor were things she had to work on. "I'm ready to see you make the real thing, with 'dragonite'."

Her God Powers are:
Shuja

Character Info
The two had, once again, had different takes on understanding the feel of their weapons. Hiro aimed for how the weapon flowed through the air, leaving Shuja to assume he would practice how well he would practice edge alignment later, while Polecat rather take on an enemy: a moving target aiming to do her harm. If there would be any fault, it would be the fact that she already knew what kind of tactic the dopple would use and could adjust a counter for it, but given the fact that she was still the novice to heavier blades, baby steps would need to be made.

Still, it seemed the two were happy to test out the astral forms and willing to see them take shape. "Very well, then. Now, come. This is where we speak of trade, yes?" With the illusionary weapons in hand, Shuja headed back into the shop, resting the magical gear next to the furnace instead of simply dismissing them before she headed up to the counter. "Now then, from what I understand, you often deal in what you call, "Silver," yes?" before setting a small pile on the counter. "We still try to understand value of them here, so payment can be rough. However, I live by what the land offers. Ore from mountains. Scales and hide from beasts. All materials I can use for future tasks. Now then, what can you offer me in return?"

IN the back, however, it seemed the furnace was heating up as the flames inside glowed brighter and brighter until a jet of flame shot out from the opening. Shuja flinched none to this as the jet not just stayed out, but started to form limbs. A female-esque body. What came out of the furnace was a flame elemental, staring down at the two projections before her. Her legs still linked to the furnace, the entity snaked about before grabbing two sheets of thick metal, setting one next to each of the tools before her finger glowed white-hot and using that to melt and etch the shape of each item before her. Afterwards, she began to write down a series of strange characters as notes about the size, weight, structure, and other details it had noted initially. It was only when she had finished did she rest her hand on the magically-crafted weapons, causing them to dismiss into the aether.