Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Karith > City of Karith > City of Flight
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis nodded. Vinsue's cave did sound impressive. "I won't touch anything in your home unless you give me express permission, I promise." She then took the gum that the dragon offered and popped it into her mouth. "Why will my ears hurt?" She asked curiously as she began to munch on the strange sweet. It was a weird substance but it had a nice enough flavour. However, it seemed to stay a similar gooey consistancy no matter how long she chewed it for. This confused her. "Tell me, when do I stop chewing and swallow? I can't seem to break it down with my teeth." She querried around the gum, "And sorry for talking with my mouth full." She looked a bit sheepish and hoped that she didn't come across as stupid for such a strange question. Never before had she ever considered having to ask when to stop chewing a food.

Synthesis followed the dragon as she spoke and then came to the window. She pressed her face forward so her nose almost touched the glass and looked down. It was strange to see the ground moving away from her without her wings even being out. But the view was lovely and constinued to get even better as everything got smaller. Soon all the buildings looked like dolls houses and the people looked like tiny tiny dolls. Eventually, she could see whole swathes of lanscape moving slowly by. It was like a quilt of different green for the fields and forests; blues for the sea; whites, greys, reds and browns for the cities towns and villages.

"It's beautiful… up here looking down there," She whispered, her gum almost falling out, "The people even look like ants now!"

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
it seemed the girl was liking the inner bark of the sweet gum tree. "the pressure gathers in your head because of quickly changing heights and that will hurt your ears but chewing and jaw movement will help release the pressure. Thus keeping your ears from hurting" she almost laughed at the faces the girl was making do to the plant she gave her. "You chew tell it has no flavor than spit it out." she explained "Also no worries of talking and chewing most of the crews do that most of the time. some even sing. and that is funny to watch." She said knowing that only beings that wanted to be smart asked simple questions rather than look like a full in the end because they where two afraid to ask. and she like that about the girl.

She smiled at the girls liking of the view. the fact that she could still see the people was a bit surprising to Vinsue. than she remembered the girl had wings and was half two powerful beings that loved the sky. one being a predator likely had grate eye site witch the girl must of inherited. "one of my favorite parts of these ships, besides someone else flying, is the view it gives." she said as a cloud slid past the window. she almost shivered on instinct as the clouds are cold.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis absorbed everything Vinsue said like a sponge. It was interesting and genuinly useful stuff. She would remember this for the future if she ever took an airship again. The girl began to chew more vigorously as she didn't want her ears to hurt. "Oh. Okay. That's good to know. Thank you." Thinking to the future, she had to ask "Where can I find this stuff for next time? And what would happen if I were to swallow it? - Would it harm me?"

She looked briefly over at the dragon to see that she looked equally rapt with the view. "I don't think I've ever been this high in my whole entire life." She whispered.

Vinsue

Character Info
She watched the ground get smaller and smaller. she nodded at the thanks than answered the question. "I do not know what happens if you swallow I just know that its not suppose to be swallowed. and any city with a port should have some for trade or sell. if not they will have an alternative." She said before looking at the girl.

"as little as you fly It would surprise me if you have been to the clouds but most winged creatures do not go this high on there own." she said than turned and sat with her back against the wall.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis nodded and stood by the window for several minutes longer before seating herself next to the dragon. She was still tired but also wanted to get through another chapter of her book. So she pulled it from her bag and opened it up at the correct spot, smoothing pages a little and thinking with her tired mind.

"Would you like me to read to you?" She enquired to the dragon, "Just a little and you could even read some to me after? Then we can sleep for the rest of the journey, ready for travelling through Adeluna and seeing your cave. I want to be awake for that. What do you think?"

She began to read quietly. It didn't matter if Vinsue didn't want to do so after her. It was the fact that she was there keeping the girl company that was important. She stumbled over the longer words, partly because she was tired and partly because she was so out of practice. She decided she needed to read aloud more often as her eyes began t droop. Her words petered into silence. She had only managed a page. She leaned her head back and allowed the book to slip slightly from her fingers.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue listened as the girl read and once she stopped the dragon picked up the book and kept reading allowed. She too fell asleep soon after. She dreamed of many things the story included. it seamed to start a old legend that she had herd once a wile back.

The slow of the ship awoke her latter. She turned to the girl and put the book in her bag. She opened her jar and pulled out a couple pits of the sweat gum plant and shook the girl lightly. "Chew and look. where arriving to the city." She said as she popped one peace in her mouth. the things getting bigger slowly. she had to hold the wall to keep from falling as she offered the girl a hand up."

Illusory Angel

Character Info
"Thank you, Vinsue." She said, smiling.

It was relaxing to watch the minature city bellow gain size. It was slow and steady, almost like the process of waking up as she mashed the gum between her teeth. She packed her book away into her bag and stretched leisurly. She felt refreshed from having slept so much on their trip and ready to start a new day of travel and exploration. Looking at Vinsue, who's golden eyes seemed to shine prettily in the light, she ventured to assume the dragon was also feeling better.

It had been no wonder that they had felt tired before. They had walked the entire width of Parvpora in days with little break except to eat and sleep. She had also practiced quite a bit of botanical magic along the way. Growing the grass and other plant life. She had even began attempts at comunicating with animals, though so far she had been entirely unsuccessful.

Now on the airship she found herself quite hungry. So hungry, in fact, that she was keen to get into Adeluna and buy something hot. Eating nothing but leaves and roots on their travels got old after a while. It had gotten to the point that she had considered starting a fire and asking Vinsue to cook some of her kills to eat. Thankfully, she hadn't gone that far and she would now enjoy a proper stew or pie in a local tavern.

Vinsue

Character Info
"Thanks is not needed. Just keep close as we leave the streets can get crowded," Vinsue said than almost fell over from the sudden jerk as the ship stopped. She grabbed the just before to keep her from falling. Once off the ship, she started to look for a bar or tavern. Before long she found one she liked and walked in. "Some fried catfish and a glass of ale," she ordered then waited for her friend to order something before taking a seat. 

The place was lively with music as some people were singing and some were dancing. She went to a corner table and sipped her drink. "the cave is just over days walk from here possibly less by the speed we got over the last few days." She took a bite of her cat fish. It had been a while since she had cooked meat and she liked it. "So whats your plans after tonight?" she asked in curiosity.