Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:11 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"Thanks is not needed. Just keep close as we leave the streets can get crowded," Vinsue said than almost fell over from the sudden jerk as the ship stopped. She grabbed the just before to keep her from falling. Once off the ship, she started to look for a bar or tavern. Before long she found one she liked and walked in. "Some fried catfish and a glass of ale," she ordered then waited for her friend to order something before taking a seat. 

The place was lively with music as some people were singing and some were dancing. She went to a corner table and sipped her drink. "the cave is just over days walk from here possibly less by the speed we got over the last few days." She took a bite of her cat fish. It had been a while since she had cooked meat and she liked it. "So whats your plans after tonight?" she asked in curiosity. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:41 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"Thank you, Vinsue." She said, smiling.

It was relaxing to watch the minature city bellow gain size. It was slow and steady, almost like the process of waking up as she mashed the gum between her teeth. She packed her book away into her bag and stretched leisurly. She felt refreshed from having slept so much on their trip and ready to start a new day of travel and exploration. Looking at Vinsue, who's golden eyes seemed to shine prettily in the light, she ventured to assume the dragon was also feeling better.

It had been no wonder that they had felt tired before. They had walked the entire width of Parvpora in days with little break except to eat and sleep. She had also practiced quite a bit of botanical magic along the way. Growing the grass and other plant life. She had even began attempts at comunicating with animals, though so far she had been entirely unsuccessful.

Now on the airship she found herself quite hungry. So hungry, in fact, that she was keen to get into Adeluna and buy something hot. Eating nothing but leaves and roots on their travels got old after a while. It had gotten to the point that she had considered starting a fire and asking Vinsue to cook some of her kills to eat. Thankfully, she hadn't gone that far and she would now enjoy a proper stew or pie in a local tavern.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Vinsue listened as the girl read and once she stopped the dragon picked up the book and kept reading allowed. She too fell asleep soon after. She dreamed of many things the story included. it seamed to start a old legend that she had herd once a wile back.

The slow of the ship awoke her latter. She turned to the girl and put the book in her bag. She opened her jar and pulled out a couple pits of the sweat gum plant and shook the girl lightly. "Chew and look. where arriving to the city." She said as she popped one peace in her mouth. the things getting bigger slowly. she had to hold the wall to keep from falling as she offered the girl a hand up."

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:46 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis nodded and stood by the window for several minutes longer before seating herself next to the dragon. She was still tired but also wanted to get through another chapter of her book. So she pulled it from her bag and opened it up at the correct spot, smoothing pages a little and thinking with her tired mind.

"Would you like me to read to you?" She enquired to the dragon, "Just a little and you could even read some to me after? Then we can sleep for the rest of the journey, ready for travelling through Adeluna and seeing your cave. I want to be awake for that. What do you think?"

She began to read quietly. It didn't matter if Vinsue didn't want to do so after her. It was the fact that she was there keeping the girl company that was important. She stumbled over the longer words, partly because she was tired and partly because she was so out of practice. She decided she needed to read aloud more often as her eyes began t droop. Her words petered into silence. She had only managed a page. She leaned her head back and allowed the book to slip slightly from her fingers.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Wed Jul 5, 2017 10:58 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

She watched the ground get smaller and smaller. she nodded at the thanks than answered the question. "I do not know what happens if you swallow I just know that its not suppose to be swallowed. and any city with a port should have some for trade or sell. if not they will have an alternative." She said before looking at the girl.

"as little as you fly It would surprise me if you have been to the clouds but most winged creatures do not go this high on there own." she said than turned and sat with her back against the wall.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:20 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis absorbed everything Vinsue said like a sponge. It was interesting and genuinly useful stuff. She would remember this for the future if she ever took an airship again. The girl began to chew more vigorously as she didn't want her ears to hurt. "Oh. Okay. That's good to know. Thank you." Thinking to the future, she had to ask "Where can I find this stuff for next time? And what would happen if I were to swallow it? - Would it harm me?"

She looked briefly over at the dragon to see that she looked equally rapt with the view. "I don't think I've ever been this high in my whole entire life." She whispered.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:50 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

it seemed the girl was liking the inner bark of the sweet gum tree. "the pressure gathers in your head because of quickly changing heights and that will hurt your ears but chewing and jaw movement will help release the pressure. Thus keeping your ears from hurting" she almost laughed at the faces the girl was making do to the plant she gave her. "You chew tell it has no flavor than spit it out." she explained "Also no worries of talking and chewing most of the crews do that most of the time. some even sing. and that is funny to watch." She said knowing that only beings that wanted to be smart asked simple questions rather than look like a full in the end because they where two afraid to ask. and she like that about the girl.

She smiled at the girls liking of the view. the fact that she could still see the people was a bit surprising to Vinsue. than she remembered the girl had wings and was half two powerful beings that loved the sky. one being a predator likely had grate eye site witch the girl must of inherited. "one of my favorite parts of these ships, besides someone else flying, is the view it gives." she said as a cloud slid past the window. she almost shivered on instinct as the clouds are cold.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:30 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis nodded. Vinsue's cave did sound impressive. "I won't touch anything in your home unless you give me express permission, I promise." She then took the gum that the dragon offered and popped it into her mouth. "Why will my ears hurt?" She asked curiously as she began to munch on the strange sweet. It was a weird substance but it had a nice enough flavour. However, it seemed to stay a similar gooey consistancy no matter how long she chewed it for. This confused her. "Tell me, when do I stop chewing and swallow? I can't seem to break it down with my teeth." She querried around the gum, "And sorry for talking with my mouth full." She looked a bit sheepish and hoped that she didn't come across as stupid for such a strange question. Never before had she ever considered having to ask when to stop chewing a food.

Synthesis followed the dragon as she spoke and then came to the window. She pressed her face forward so her nose almost touched the glass and looked down. It was strange to see the ground moving away from her without her wings even being out. But the view was lovely and constinued to get even better as everything got smaller. Soon all the buildings looked like dolls houses and the people looked like tiny tiny dolls. Eventually, she could see whole swathes of lanscape moving slowly by. It was like a quilt of different green for the fields and forests; blues for the sea; whites, greys, reds and browns for the cities towns and villages.

"It's beautiful… up here looking down there," She whispered, her gum almost falling out, "The people even look like ants now!"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"you have no clue how my hoard shines but I must worn you not all should be touched" She said as they found there way onto the ship. when she asked where to go she smiled. than remembered her sweet gum limbs she picked and stared to dig threw her pack. finding them she pulled the two out and debarked it before handing it to Synthesis than doing the same to the other. "chew. it helps keep the pressure in your head from making your ears hurt." She than started chewing on hers. she than shouldered the pack and looked for a window. finding a large one she smiled.

"first sky ride right? Come. I have a treat for you." she said half pulling the girl to the window. "they like to take these things higher than winged creatures usually fly and it gives an amassing view." She said before taking a steadier stance to keep from falling when the ship changed speed than took hold of the girl to help her keep balanced.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:57 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"Super! Thank you! I did do my best. Let's get going then! Please lead the way," Synthesis replied cheerfully, none the wiser about Vinsue's true opinion on the matter. She linked her arm through the dragons and followed her lead as they began to walk onwards. "Evidently it was a good job that I did haggle, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be able to afford the trip. But anyway… Adeluna is a good place to be. I go there whenever I am passing it. I'm always willing to visit new places too so I would love to visit your home. I'm sure it is beautifully decorated with many shiny things." She grinned.

The two of them had been walking briskly until the port came into view. It was huge, as was the airship. The girl was so busy looking around at everything that she almost walked into several people but dodged just in time. She caught sight of the captain standing outside. They approached him and Synthesis was soon prompted to coint out her ninety coins, which took a little while. The captain then waved at them to get on the ship and turned to see to next people waiting behind him. They hurried to get in and Synthesis breathed a little harder than usual as they finally came to a stop. They had gotten on in time as only two minutes later the ship could be felt lurching as it as untied and then rising steadily into the air. "Phew! We made it," Synthesis laughed, "Where do we go now? Did we get a cabin or is there a room where we should go to sit for the journey? I might do a little reading if I get the chance."

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:19 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

she was carful not to show surprised looks of disappointment. 130 silver was nothing for the skin but she was not going to tell her that. She also sold all but a small portion. the small peace she would keep or memories sake. that price for a sheet was reasonable but she had more than that. next time she would help the girl with trading. "Glad you got the price up men think cause were women we don't know the value of things or how to haggle." she said carful to keep a happy tone and doing a good job of it.

"I did find an air ship and it will be parting soon it will cost 90 silver coins each witch was cheep saying that's its going to Adeluna. come we must board and pay or get left behind" she turned and started walking once she was sure the girl was coming. "once we get there it is about a days journey to my cave. I would love for you to see it even if it is for a night. I like you love to collect trinkets and things I would love to show you." She said as she approached the ship and quickly found the captain. She than paid for her board and waited for the girl to do the same. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"One hundred and thirty silver for all of it," Synthesis beamed and held up her giant pouch of treasure, "Which is pretty good, I thought, considering that I only brought as much as I could carry in my wings. He tried to offer me only sixty but I haggled him right up! Oh yes, and I still kept a tiny scrap because… because I don't really know why. I just like to keep pretty or unique things. Which isn't really great for the lifesyle of a nomad but I simply can't help myself. You should see all the pretty stones, strange woods and colourful ores I carry around in my bag with me! What about you? Did you find us an airship?" She asked earnestly.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Vinsue walked to one of the ships and quickly started to talk to the various men carrying things on and off of the various ships. She found that the ships where going all over the place and she eventually found one going to pirate haven. she would have taken it but she had a bad reputation there and the girl would be safer not going there. She also did not want to get the girl in trouble by association so she kept looking.

She had found a ship heading to the port at Adeluna. it was not far from her home and not a place that would cause her friend or her harm. it had rules but it would be safe. She had talked to the captain and got a far price for the long journey and he promised to save two bunks for her he also made sure to tell her that they left in an hour with or without her and her friend.

She hurried off to find the girl and sure enough she was standing where she left her. a new glow of accomplishment in her face. she knew the girl had did what needed to be done. "So how much you sell and for what price." he said as she leaned against a light pole.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:00 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"Oh my goodness! I completely forgot about the skin!" Synthesis cried in amazement and joy, "It looks like I won't have to work so hard after all. Thank you so much! I shall meet you back here."

She turned to pull the skin from where she had been storing it between bulging wings. It shimmered slightly in the light. She turned and ran off, looking for anything that looked like a market. She saw plenty of unofficial stalls but she wasn't going to sell there. She just knew they would try to get her to sell for a ridiculously low price. Soon, she was feeling a little lost and turned to a man in the streets.

"Excuse me," She said shyly, "Could you tell me where the market is?"

"My shop is over there," He said slyly, "What are you looking to buy - or sell." He grinned like the cat that got the cream.

"No," She insisted, "I'm sure your shop is nice but I am looking for the market."

His face dropped into a scowl and he shrugged unhelpfully. She had to ask four more people before a woman actually pointed down a wide street and explained that she should find some stairs that way. They said she should continnue upwards as far as the steps would go. She followed their instructions and soon found herself in a more respectable looking neighbourhood. There were decent looking housing, spacious roads and pretty decorations. When she asked for further directions she was pointed across a wooden bridge between island pieces and then up some more steps. Her heart quickened as she struggled against the temptation to look down. It was strange how an airborn creature such as herself was afraid of falling. She was truly a cowards. Finally, she had to cross another, second wobbly bridge to find herself in the bright market place.

Everywhere was a busstle with life here. The girl had to worm her way through hoards of people in order to get anywhere at all. But eventually she did find a stall which evaluated and bought various things from people. She waited in a very long queue for around a quatre of an hour before she was seen to and presented the skin to the man at the table. He seemed surprised by the amount that she brought and set about testing its validity. He seemed even more surprised to find it was genuine.

"This is good skin,"
He said, "I am willing to offer you sixty silver for it."

Synthesis was most happy with the number and would have accepted it if it were not for the people murmuring behind her that it must be worth more. She shook her head and said "More." And so the bartering began. It took quite some time and the crowd behind her seemed to get quite exited by the spectable. The keeper was getting more and more annoyed while the girl was getting increasingly nervous and yet she stuck with what the whispers seemed to suggest and over the space of ten minutes or so managed to hitch up the price to one hundred and thirty silver pieces. She felt proud as she walked away with a little pouch jingling.

On her way back to meet Vinsue she was careful to walk quickly and keep her earnings hugged tight to her chest. No pickpockets would be able to get it from her, no matter how skilled. Sh begame lost twice but eventually found her way to where Vinsue and her had parted. At least, she was fairly sure that she was in the right place.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:18 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

She looked at the girl as she made two things clear. she was going to work and she was not letting vinsue pay for the voyage. She did look way too young to work on the tavern much less be in or near one. She smiled at the work drive in the girl and the want to earn her way across. "With that pile of scales you could likely make 3 trips and have coin left over. Take a sheet or two of the stuff and trade it in the shop. make sure to get as much out of it as you can and meat me back hear, ok?"

She turned and left towards the ships. she would not leave the girl and she needed to find the better cheaper flight across.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis stepped out the little boat with Vinsue's help and shook herself awake. No more dozing. No more eyes sliding closed. She would now walk briskly in the high cold air until she was awake enough to function as usual. She needed to work and she didn't want to take forever about it and slow Vinsue down.

"I think we need to raise some money before I can afford to get on an airship. Perhaps I could offer to do odd jobs or cleaning or something. I'm sure a tavern would let me advertise my services for a little while on one of their boards. Then I could check in with them every now and again while I waited for someone to accept. We could sightsee while we wait. Of course you can go on without me now if you are in a hurry. You don't have to wait around. Or I could just work in a tavern and leave it at that. The only problem is I might look a bit young. Have you got any ideas? I know airship travel is quite expensive so I wouldn't dream of letting you pay for the trip, especially as you have essentially funded my travel across the breadth of Parvpora. It would have take me tripple the time to make my way here without your help. So thank you." She continued to muse in her head. Working was so difficult. Even finding a job is was pain, especially for someone of her age.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:36 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"When you travel like I do you learn the main tongs and a few others rather quick. but being a translator is not for me. to latterly play parrot on two or more tongs are not for me." Vinsue said not really bothering to get comfy for the short ride. She looked over at synthesis. once the small boat stopped she thanked the man and helped the girl out before looking for ports. She quickly found one and pointed to it.

"There is the docks you want to come with me to find a ship over, or you want to rest a wile more?" she said as she looked at some of the various writings ant types on the boats. all stating names or home ports. She smiled as she did see a few that seamed to have English and Spanish writing.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:04 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis looked at Vinsue with admiration. "You're good at languages," She said, "You could make a living as a translator."

She then stepped onto the boat and was amazed by the way it rocked in the air a foot off the ground.  It rose very slowly once they were both on board and began to climb lazily into the sky Synthesis felt her eyes drooping once more and figured that Vinsue could wake her upon their arrival. If she slept now she would be more rested too. She wondered as she drifted whether she could do anything for money in the city to fund raise for her flight home on an airship.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"I know your tired but we must get going but once were on the sky ship you can sleep. the ride should be a few hours long and you can sleep on it." she said helping the girl walk. one she asked how they would pay she pulled out a gold Qian. the cloud shaped coin should be enough to catch a ride. once she stepped up to the boat she spoke in Chinese for a bit and the guy talked back. she than switched back to English. "Get on." she then clamed in ant the boat soon took off.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:04 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis woke most unpleasantly. She was about to curse whoever had given her such a rude awakening before she realised it was only Vinsue and they did really have to be off. She stood up slowly with the help of the dragon and sleepily nodded her thanks. It would take her a while to wake up but she made sure she had all her stuff with her and began walking anyway. The quicker she got to one of those boats the quicker she would be able to sit down again inside them. But soon she stopped and waited for the dragin to catch up, then leaned against her as they made their way forwards.

"Thanks Vinsue. I could have really done with a week more of sleep but I guess that is not to be." She said, her eyes half closed as the light was a little blinding. They came to where there was a boat waiting, evidently to pick people up, "How are we going to pay them?" She asked nervously.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:10 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

She nodded than watched as she slipped into sleep. She than laid down and let the sun worm her and give her the energy she needed. she watched the sky just barely keeping her eyes open. She let a hour pass before she got up and put on her bag. she than knelt beside the girl and jauntily shook her solder. "Time to go." she than tried to help her to her feet knowing it is hard to stay asleep and stand.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

"Sounds good to me. Those boats look quite  pretty and quaint actually. It must be fun to ride one. Then again, I hope they don't go too fast. They look like they could be scary too." Finishing the fruit from her branch, Synthesis packed her canteen back into her bag and layed back on the grass. "I guess I'll get a bit of sleep in then. I trust you will wake me when we need to go again, otherwise I feel like I could sleep all the way into tomorow!" Soon the girl was fast asleep. Days of walking had taken their toll on her little legs and she would certainly sleep far longer than they had if left to her own dreams.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:26 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Vinsue unscrewed the lid and took out a stipe of jerky before rescreening the lid and placing it back in the pack. "there are small boats that come down and up. that should be a great help. I still think we should rest for a bit though once where in the city we will not get to rest tell were on a ship." she said than stated eating her jerky. once the water was passed she too it and drank half of what was left than handed it back.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:56 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis sat up as Vinsue returned. The dragon had a branch of berries in hand which the younger girl gratefully took. She hadn't eaten that day since they had woken early to start walking again. She crammed five berries into her mouth at once and chewed with zeel, small drips of juice finding their way onto her chin. She would have asked what the dragon was looking for but her mouth was full so instead she simply sat and observed the other with interest.

Vinsue had pulled something out of her bag when Synthesis was able to speak again. The girl plucked a couple more berries but refrained from eating them so she could ask "So Vinsue, how are we going to proceed? Is there a way up which we can afford or are we gonna have to rest up for a flight? I must say, I feel like I could sleep for a month and flying is the last thing I want to be doing right now."

Synthesis began stuffing her face again, opening her own bag a tad to pull out her canteen of water and unscrew it. She held it awkwardly in from of her face again while she waited until she was able to swallow again, at which point she drained half its contents and offered the bottle over to her traveling companion in a silent offering. She was enjoying this makeshift meal far too much considering that it was only one ingredient with only water to wash it down. She guessed that was the benefi of being hungry; it meant that anything would taste delicious.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:08 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

as she neared the floating rock she noticed a fog that rested near its bottom. she walked a bit father to find that there were small ships that could come and transfer you up to the place. she returned with a branch full of berries. she gave them to the girl and sat down and looked threw her pack to find a can of jerky. 

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:33 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis nodded. She would be most happy to sit and rest, flopping onto the ground and nuzzling the earth. She could have fallen asleep right there and then but instead turned her head to look at the sky. She watched the coulds and the airships gliding across the blue above. They moved quite swiftly and the girl thought how nice it would be to ride one through the heavens. She dreaded to think she might have to go through another boat trip like the one she had endured to get over to Parvpora. If she could scrape enough money together, she would gladly fork out any amount to aquire that more comfortable mode of travel.

She closed her eyes as she waited for Vinsue to return with what she had found out. She suspected that the minature flying boats would be the best idea because she couldn't imagine them being any more expensive than hiring a charage for ten minutes.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 PM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Vinsue dropped her pack and looked at the city. It was high up there. first thought was to fly up but than the realization that two leggeds hate her kind and anything with membrane like wings. not even a partial dragon state would be excepted so she started thinking. The girl looked like she was dragged through a jungle and was ready to drop. than again she didn't look much better. She shook her head at the thought that she had pushed the girl to keep going and now she had to find a way up.

"you need rest like you said. stay hear and rest wall I look around for some other way to get up there." she said than started walking around the aria.

Author: Illusory Angel, Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 AM, Post Subject: City of Flight

Synthesis and Vinsue finally arrived at Karith. It had taken them long enough and the girl was exhausted. As such the sight of the floating city was both marvellous and daunting. Having to fly up there was the last thing she wanted to have to do. She looked at Vinsue, who seemed only a little less tired than her.

"Perhaps we should stop to rest before we try to fly up there." She suggested, "Or even have a look around to see if there is another way up. I just don't think I have the energy to make that trip right now under my own steam."
Indeed there did seem to be a lot of airships in the area. She could see five in the sky right now. Maybe one was taking passengers up from the ground. Unfortunately she doubted she had the money for that. On the other hand, she could have sworn she could see many tiny boats sailing through the sky as if my magic. She rubbed her eyes. It probably was magic and hopefully they were cheaper too.