Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Karith > City of Karith > City of Flight
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis and Vinsue finally arrived at Karith. It had taken them long enough and the girl was exhausted. As such the sight of the floating city was both marvellous and daunting. Having to fly up there was the last thing she wanted to have to do. She looked at Vinsue, who seemed only a little less tired than her.

"Perhaps we should stop to rest before we try to fly up there." She suggested, "Or even have a look around to see if there is another way up. I just don't think I have the energy to make that trip right now under my own steam."
Indeed there did seem to be a lot of airships in the area. She could see five in the sky right now. Maybe one was taking passengers up from the ground. Unfortunately she doubted she had the money for that. On the other hand, she could have sworn she could see many tiny boats sailing through the sky as if my magic. She rubbed her eyes. It probably was magic and hopefully they were cheaper too.

Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
Vinsue dropped her pack and looked at the city. It was high up there. first thought was to fly up but than the realization that two leggeds hate her kind and anything with membrane like wings. not even a partial dragon state would be excepted so she started thinking. The girl looked like she was dragged through a jungle and was ready to drop. than again she didn't look much better. She shook her head at the thought that she had pushed the girl to keep going and now she had to find a way up.

"you need rest like you said. stay hear and rest wall I look around for some other way to get up there." she said than started walking around the aria.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis nodded. She would be most happy to sit and rest, flopping onto the ground and nuzzling the earth. She could have fallen asleep right there and then but instead turned her head to look at the sky. She watched the coulds and the airships gliding across the blue above. They moved quite swiftly and the girl thought how nice it would be to ride one through the heavens. She dreaded to think she might have to go through another boat trip like the one she had endured to get over to Parvpora. If she could scrape enough money together, she would gladly fork out any amount to aquire that more comfortable mode of travel.

She closed her eyes as she waited for Vinsue to return with what she had found out. She suspected that the minature flying boats would be the best idea because she couldn't imagine them being any more expensive than hiring a charage for ten minutes.

Vinsue

Character Info
as she neared the floating rock she noticed a fog that rested near its bottom. she walked a bit father to find that there were small ships that could come and transfer you up to the place. she returned with a branch full of berries. she gave them to the girl and sat down and looked threw her pack to find a can of jerky. 

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis sat up as Vinsue returned. The dragon had a branch of berries in hand which the younger girl gratefully took. She hadn't eaten that day since they had woken early to start walking again. She crammed five berries into her mouth at once and chewed with zeel, small drips of juice finding their way onto her chin. She would have asked what the dragon was looking for but her mouth was full so instead she simply sat and observed the other with interest.

Vinsue had pulled something out of her bag when Synthesis was able to speak again. The girl plucked a couple more berries but refrained from eating them so she could ask "So Vinsue, how are we going to proceed? Is there a way up which we can afford or are we gonna have to rest up for a flight? I must say, I feel like I could sleep for a month and flying is the last thing I want to be doing right now."

Synthesis began stuffing her face again, opening her own bag a tad to pull out her canteen of water and unscrew it. She held it awkwardly in from of her face again while she waited until she was able to swallow again, at which point she drained half its contents and offered the bottle over to her traveling companion in a silent offering. She was enjoying this makeshift meal far too much considering that it was only one ingredient with only water to wash it down. She guessed that was the benefi of being hungry; it meant that anything would taste delicious.

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue unscrewed the lid and took out a stipe of jerky before rescreening the lid and placing it back in the pack. "there are small boats that come down and up. that should be a great help. I still think we should rest for a bit though once where in the city we will not get to rest tell were on a ship." she said than stated eating her jerky. once the water was passed she too it and drank half of what was left than handed it back.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
"Sounds good to me. Those boats look quite  pretty and quaint actually. It must be fun to ride one. Then again, I hope they don't go too fast. They look like they could be scary too." Finishing the fruit from her branch, Synthesis packed her canteen back into her bag and layed back on the grass. "I guess I'll get a bit of sleep in then. I trust you will wake me when we need to go again, otherwise I feel like I could sleep all the way into tomorow!" Soon the girl was fast asleep. Days of walking had taken their toll on her little legs and she would certainly sleep far longer than they had if left to her own dreams.

Vinsue

Character Info
She nodded than watched as she slipped into sleep. She than laid down and let the sun worm her and give her the energy she needed. she watched the sky just barely keeping her eyes open. She let a hour pass before she got up and put on her bag. she than knelt beside the girl and jauntily shook her solder. "Time to go." she than tried to help her to her feet knowing it is hard to stay asleep and stand.

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis woke most unpleasantly. She was about to curse whoever had given her such a rude awakening before she realised it was only Vinsue and they did really have to be off. She stood up slowly with the help of the dragon and sleepily nodded her thanks. It would take her a while to wake up but she made sure she had all her stuff with her and began walking anyway. The quicker she got to one of those boats the quicker she would be able to sit down again inside them. But soon she stopped and waited for the dragin to catch up, then leaned against her as they made their way forwards.

"Thanks Vinsue. I could have really done with a week more of sleep but I guess that is not to be." She said, her eyes half closed as the light was a little blinding. They came to where there was a boat waiting, evidently to pick people up, "How are we going to pay them?" She asked nervously.

Vinsue

Character Info
"I know your tired but we must get going but once were on the sky ship you can sleep. the ride should be a few hours long and you can sleep on it." she said helping the girl walk. one she asked how they would pay she pulled out a gold Qian. the cloud shaped coin should be enough to catch a ride. once she stepped up to the boat she spoke in Chinese for a bit and the guy talked back. she than switched back to English. "Get on." she then clamed in ant the boat soon took off.