Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > Dilemma
Xallithelid

Character Info
Name: Xallithelid
Alignment: CN
Race: Illithid
Class: Mind Flayer
Silver: 30
I would like to come back, i really would. But, there are a couple things that do bug me about the site in general.

1. There is no on site chatbox. I understand this is being coded in currently, but its been about six months i think since it was first mentioned.

2. Everything is a little too free form. I'd like it if there was an optional structure that could be used, and maybe a tag to go on RPs that indictates whether or not that specific roleplay was using the structure. Examples of the structure:

- Stats that could be modified to give a better feel for that character. (Optional)

- Set races and classes, although if agreed upon by the specific starter of the thread, others could be used. (Semi - Optional)

- Skill trees. This would make me very, very happy to see in a structured format. Skill trees for different types of magic and combat and the like. (This would be almost mandatory, as skill trees, in my opinion, are the foundation for character creation and the like.)

Now, i understand the staff is busy working on getting other things done and filled out, And this would be tenuous and time consuming. I would be willing to work on all of this if it was approved for an OPTIONAL part of the site.

3. People tend to go a bit overboard when writing. This is just a bit of a… thing i have, but holy crap, when i write with people on this site they drown me, and in the 30 minutes i have to respond i don't even get a fifth of the way done with what they wrote! Gosh, people are passionate writers on this site. And great, too. Its not that big of a deal, honestly. Its just… bad attention span sometimes… Yeah.

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you are an idiot.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
1. I've recently joined the coding staff, and I can tell you that the cbox is a high priority but not currently the highest. Right now I'm working on getting a watch list to go with our newest email feature that I helped create, since people should be able to choose which threads flood their email and which do not. Once the bugs are worked out of that, we'll see if the cbox is next.

2. I can't help you there. The site is supposed to be free form.

3. Can't help you there, either. We are passionate writers here. It's what we do. ^^;

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
Hi, head admin here.  Let me try and answer some of your questions.

1.  We're working on it.  We're also working on email functionality, watch lists, and other things.  It's coming, I promise.

2.  There's a reason we do not have set races.  It's too much of a limitation.  As for classes, that's something I would like to add at some point.  But there's also a reason there is a class section in your profile.  You can make up your own class, and it is defined by you, your abilities and items, and your creativity.  We do not have a battle arena, which means there is no need for class specific abilities in that regard.  That's the same reason for the lack of a skill tree.  Again, it might be something for later.  But there is no reason to have it now, especially with how you can customize and define your character through spells and items.  And given that we allow substitution for similar abilities and items, you can have themes to suit anything.  I have a character with a number of fire and arcane spells, but she is a celestial themed character.

3.  There isn't anything to be done here.  Everyone has their own speed and style in how much and how often they write.  All I can say is pick your roleplaying partners carefully.

Xallithelid

Character Info
The structuring idea was supposed to be optional for some roleplays, not at all a must have for everyone. Its more of something that IS present that may add a dynamic to some roleplays, not take over the whole site and get rid of the freeform feel, its more about giving people the completely optional choice of having a structure and being able to build upon a character and feeling satisfaction that you started from nothing and got… something, after hard work and tough decisions.

(The third was more of a sentiment, not something i expected to be taken seriously)

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
I could see adding skill trees and set classes when we add the battle arena bit past that it's really up to the writer what they want. Even if we put you have these classes I'm against limiting writers especially when it comes to classes and race. This is a free from site but we will be happy to help

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Xallithelid

Character Info
So even if it was completely optional you are against allowing writers to decide whether or not they would like to follow a system?

Paige Wintercrest

Character Info
Name: Paige Wintercrest
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Sorceress
Silver: 152
That's not what anyone is saying at all. We currently have a very small coding team with a lot of work that needs to be done as is. What you are suggesting is a huge coding project as well as a staff project as we need everyone on board as to what type of system to implement onto the site. 

OOC: Brandon, the Mad Admin, or Branana
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Also if replying fast is bothering you just put people on a schedule. :) I know some people do it. If you can only reply once a week have one day set aside and tell them that. We're willing to work with anyone us posting whores ;)

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Xallithelid

Character Info
Woah Woah Woah, Who said anything about coding this? I was thinking more along the lines of a thread or two that were locked from replies with all the information, including skill trees and the like, in OOC forum space, and people who wanted characters could message whoever was running that specific part of the server to notify them that they filled out their sheet or whatever, in their BIO, because bios can be edited. When i pitched this idea i had absolutely no intention of having you guys code this! I didn't expect that, lol.

Xallithelid

Character Info
And by no means would it be official, or a big part or the site. The site would remain free form by all means.