Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
:) you're welcome I figured it would help out a bunch. If you need anything else don't hesitate to pm or ask in the help forum!

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Agreed on invisibility. Shadow meld is more for making you difficult to be seen, like camouflage that gets stronger the darker the surrounding area is. It's not like going completely invisible, so invisibility is a smart purchase if that is your intention.

I've a few recommendations on that list that may narrow down some ideas, too:

Shadow puppet sounds better for minions of shadow. I think of shadow puppet as a small group of weaker troops that can overwhelm a person, whereas a darkness elemental would be a singular summon about as strong as the group of shadow puppets but not as diffuse.

Mythic polymorph is for non-naturally occurring or mythical creatures. If you want to be some sort of Cthulhu monster, mythic alone will be fine. If you want to turn into a bunny as well, you should get both polymorph spells.

Shadow Cast and shadow weaving control different parts of shadow, so they're both appropriate for what you want. Shadow cast would be for illusions whereas shadow weaving could actually turn the shadows into a temporary item.

I'm thinking more creeping vines than strangle for the tendrils of darkness, since strangle tends to focus on just making it difficult to breath and/or cast verbal spells. Tendrils could grab anywhere on a person and are more versatile.

Finally, corpse skin is just one potential way to corrupt things. To be honest, corpse skin is more superficial corruption where people turn into twisted shadows of themselves. If that's the kind of corruption you're talking about, go right ahead. If we're talking corrupting others to change their race, however, I'd suggest blood bond to signify a transfer of corrupting energies from the host to the victim. Worth a thought, as that's something I've been working on. :O

Happy roleplaying, by the way. :)

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Ramla

Character Info
Name: Sybille 'Ramla' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Countess/sorceress/alien?
Silver: 378
Thank you Angela! ^^

@CodeAni

So should I purchase both spells then, Invisibility and Shadow meld? Or only Invisibility? 

Oooh, yes please! Recommendations! :3

Well Ramla can summon minions of various levels (weak to strong), and summoning them costs a lot of energy and mental control over them (to make sure they obey and don't go rampant). It's all about asserting dominance and willpower to keep the minions in control. But since there a weak ones, she can summon a group of weak minions, or diminish the numbers the stronger these creatures are.
So many I need both spells?

ALL HAIL THE DREAMER!!!
Fangirling complete….

Ah yes, the shapeshifting. Nihr can pretty shift into anything he can think of, so ranging from natural occurring animals, to sentient races, to whatever monster his imagination can think of. BUT, he mostly uses shifting into sentient races (humans,elves,dwarves, etc…) he uses them for disguise and also to deceive people or confuse them. But, he also shifts into monstrous creatures for shock and to scare people away, or using those creatures physique as a weapon. He's not a fan on changing into an animal, it's not his thing and he doesn't see much use for it. That's why I'm going for both 'Mythic poly.' and 'Incognito'. :3

His 'mythic shifting' needs to be well thought out. He can't just turn into Cthulhu in the middle of combat and be "tadaa, now prepare to die!" No, for him, he needs to keep in mind his environment. Cthulhu is a ocean creature so naturally that shape would work best in the ocean, and not in a desert. Or if he were to be in the snowy mountains and he needs to shift to fight off opponents then he's not going to turn into a giant ball of flames/fire elemental because a) that will turn the snow into mush and water and all the ice will melt. Which will not only make it hard to walk and fight for his foes, but also for himself and his allies. b) damage control is important for him and Ramla, they don't believe in unnecessary destruction if it can be avoided. So be a ball of flames in the middle of the snowy mountain where there's woods and such will only harm the wildlife and trees along with it. and c)….he;s afraid of fire, so he'll never turn into a ball of flames. lol

So every action and attack is always well thought out. And I take the surroundings in consideration. and Realism of course too. :3

Ooh, I'll change strangle for vines then. Because I do want 'grasping' as the key for that ability.

As for Shadow spells; I picked both to make sure that I have all the shadow/darkness spells needed for their abilities. Whatever you can think of that they can do with shadows and darkness, they can do. It's almost like they are the embodiment of shadow and darkness. For them it's a world on its own with both the ugly side and the good side. So there's creating illusions, using them as portals to travel, using it to turn themselves invisible, reshaping it to use as an extension of themselves (it can act as their eyes, ears and limbs), conjuring minions from that realm, using dark energy as bolts and such or shields. If it falls under shadows and darkness then they can do it. 

As for the corpse skin spell. it was the closest thing I could use to represent a virus. Their blood won't turn beings into their race. Nihr has been forbidden by his siblings to ever do that again because that's what he did to Ramla. And the results aren't as satisfying as they thought. Ramla is basically a 'flawed design' in their eyes, a knockoff, a fake. But their blood still corrupts people like a virus that is slowly eating away at you and mutating their DNA. Basically they turn into mutants whose bodies are deformed and they lose all sense of identity. Killing them is an act of mercy when the virus has spread too far. Unfortunately neither Nihr nor Ramla have the  ability to heal others, or to remove diseases. So they'll kill the infected no matter at what stage. But others can use cure disease spells on the if the virus has caused too much damage. So there's always hope.

So I'm not sure which Spell to use to represent that? The Corpse skin or Blood oath?

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Well, if you're going for all shadow spells, I'd just get all the spells anyway. Hiding in the open in the light, though, would require invisibility if you want to be invisible. If you want to do that, I'd get invisibility in addition to shadow meld. :)

Yes, both spells for the summons, depending on what kind of minions you want. Swarm for the shadow puppets and singular for the darkness elemental.

The shapeshifting sounds fine, then. If you change your mind later on and do want to change into a normal animal, just remember you need regular polymorph too. By the way, I only used Cthulhu as an example of the most terrifying thing I could think of off the top of my head. I didn't mean that your characters would necessarily default to that. lol

Definitely corpse skin for the virus, then, since blood bond would be more changing races in other people. You could also get the basic poison from the shop and sub it for their blood. That might be a cheaper option if I remember the prices right. :)

Ramla

Character Info
Oh, I can use items to represent powers?
I assumed that magic items or potions were a one-time use?
But if they aren't then yaaay! \o/

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Items can be subbed for powers, yes. Dragons, for example, have to have dragonscale armor to sub for their hardened scales. You could have poison blood and just say that your character's body produces the poison involved in the poison potion. Of course, that also means you'd need to get another poison if you also had the poison as an external item. Technically, this poison would be a one time use per post. You'd be dead if you bled out. :V

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
per thread*

Ramla

Character Info
Nah, using poison on their foes isn't really their thing. I'll just use the poison item to represent the virus. :3

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Cool. I hope this help topic has assisted you, then, and that you have an enjoyable stay in Revaliir. ;)

Ramla

Character Info
Hi again!

I have more questions now that I have browsed through the threads some more and read more Lore.

Since I have 2 accounts, can I RP with myself? Like have a thread all to myself?

And I noticed that some threads are marked as R-rated, but how R-rated do you allow content to be? How detailed can violence or horror themes be? And how much smut/sexual themes in content? RP-sites have their own views on what R-rated is, especially when it comes to smut.