Ramla

Character Info
Name: Sybille 'Ramla' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Countess/sorceress/alien?
Silver: 378
Helloes!

I'm still figuring out how the site works, including the PM system so I'll post my questions here. :3

Incoming Wall of Text….I'm sorry ;__;

It's about the Characters that I wish to introduce to Revaliir. I need confirmation from staff (cause I don't know how to Pm peeps yet.) if my characters are allowed in this world or not. And to prove, because they're pretty powerful, that I do not godmod/power mod with them. It's against my RP principles.

So allow me to explain a bit about their background so you guys can get the idea of what they're like and what to expect, and also where my concerns are.

Their names are Ramla and Nihr. These are characters I've created many years ago (7+ at least…i've got horrible memory, you should see my post-its x-x). I've started their character development from the time where Ramla was a young girl (12+ years old) who was a slave during Ancient Mesopotamia/Egypt/Sumeria. Slowly with the help of Nirh ,who is a non-human being who takes on a human form, Ramla developed from helpless slave girl to being corrupted by the powers bestowed by Nihr. With his help, once she was old and strong enough, she rebelled against her masters, slowly taken over a nation and freeing other slaves. Thus she became known as Ramla the Slave-Queen. Her story (across various Rp sites) continued to develop, a queen who wants to free her people while slowly growing more corrupted by the dark powers that Nihr gave her, making her power-hungry and evil, thirsting for chaos. Slowly as she continues to take over Ancient mesopotamia (as her story grows, she also conquered part asia and europe), she is becoming less and less human and more like Nihr (he had ulterior motives then aiding her in her wish for freedom and justice). 

As her reign begins to crumble, she is losing grip on her sanity. Her people causing riots and begin to oppose her. No longer wanting her as a queen who became too cruel to them and pretty turned them into slaves for her. Thus an organization was created to stop her, specialized in their own powers they managed to dethrone her and banish her. With her locked away, they began to work on erasing all proof that she ever existed. Making sure to rebuild the things she destroyed, etc… And erasing her from history books, destroying statues, etc… hence why in the modern day earth, history never mentioned her. After being asleep for several centuries, she is awakened during the medieval ages by remnants of those that used to serve her loyally. Slowly she regains her powers BUT she realized the mistakes she made in the past and how evil she got. This was something she did not want to happen again, she regrets her actions but still believes in standing up for outcasts like she once once. 

Introducing the burning times where witches began to rise. History brought forth new outcasts and misunderstood/frustrated people. Women repressed by religion etc… So Ramla taught a small group to fight back and help empower women again. But that group slowly became bigger than she anticipated. To the point where people began to crave power for their own. Wanting to be like Ramla, a powerful being that's no longer human. Thus power struggles begin within their group, betrayal, innocent people being burned at the stake, etc… And on top of that having to fight off witch hunters as well.

After an incident in ancient Basque region she disappears again. The following years she just tries to live out her live as peacefully as she can, following the principles she once started with. Standing up for those who didn't have a voice.

=====================

There's more to the story but it's getting late here and I'm sure by now people are tired of reading it and want me to get to the point. And I also don't want to give away too much about them, I prefer people to discover about them through writing with me. ^^

So long story short. My characters aren't created as powerful beings from the start, I worked my way up for years. I do not wish to godmod/power-mod because it's freaking boring to be the winner all the time. And trust me, this lady and her entourage know the losing side very well. I just wish to add a new chapter to her. Lately, considering their status writers tend to be scared away by her or her entourage and think i'm too OP or don't trust me when i say that these characters have their own set of rules/code for using their powers. ;__; It's frustrating me that I can't continue her story.

Now, here's some details about their powers and other factors that I think you guys might want to know?

*Their age; the rules of Revaliir state "no immortals", these characters are semi-immortal. They are immune to disease and don't grow old. Traditional wounds (cuts, stabs, bullets, swords, etc…) they can recover easily from them thanks to their healing abilities. BUT, they can be killed by fire. Making sure that not a trace remains of their DNA will ensure their death. Nihr's Age is unknown as he is not human. Ramla's age is 8000+ years old, she's formerly human but thanks to Nihr corrupting her, she is now an Eldritch prince like he is.

Note: The difference between the two is that Nihr can heal himself rapidly. (regeneration) But Ramla actually needs lifeforce to mend her wounds fast. If not then it needs to be healed naturally.

* Species = Eldritch Prince. The name was something I just improvised with cause I have no clue what to call his species because they have no humanoid form. There are 2 other princes but they're mostly NPC's and mostly mentioned in story, they only show up when crucial to a plot. I choose the title mainly because i read that 'Eldritch' means 'unknown', which i felt was fitting enough for them. And Prince because in the very beginning of their existence they never assigned themselves to a gender. And as their species (there's only 3 of them) evolved they slowly formed identities of their own, 2 identified themselves as Male, and 1 as Female….
It's complicated if you don't know the whole story… >.> But trust me, it's good! lol

Ramla was originally human until Nihr corrupted her DNA and slowly turned her into their species. So in a way there's 4 of them now. But because she's not a 'pure' Eldritch and a manufactured one she is flawed. In short, she's a half breed.

To conceal his true form, Nihr shapeshifts into a human form. But because Ramla is a half-breed her shapeshifting abilities are limited. Instead she creates a fake body (it looks and acts like a human, it has blood and organs, etc..) and possesses the body in order to hide her true form.

*Abilities = Here's the important part. Their abilities is something that's ingrained with their DNA, it's not something they can simply switch off or make non-existant. Part of my frustrations whenever I have partners that ask me to tone them down.

Umbrakinetic - The power to control shadows and darkness, this is something they both can do. In short it allows them to manipulate shadows around them in various forms. They are the embodiment of darkness and shadow, that's how connected and how much control they have over it.
A few examples; 
extension of self > create tendrils/tentacles to grasp things or use as a weapon, etc…

portals > using shadows/darkness to create an opening for them to pass through. However it only works if the entrance point is large enough for them to fit in, and if the exit point is also large enough. The trick is to 'connect' 2 shadows with each other closest to the location you want to be in.

Cloaking > using the darkness/shadows as a veil to conceal ones presence (invisibility). When cloaked they are hidden but if light is shone on them, or if they step away from the shadows/darkness than their position is revealed again. So they have to be careful on movements.

Shapeshifting - Nihr is a master shapeshifter as he is a trickster. Taking on various forms to deceive others and hide his true form. He can shift into whatever he can come up with. Ramla does not have any shifting abilities but she knows Nihr enough to see right through them.

Conjuring Minions - This is an ability that only Ramla can do. Something that impressed Nihr when he found out. She can conjure creatures that serve her until she dismisses them. They are formed from darkness/shadow and come in various levels. But the stronger they are the more obedience it requires and not all servants like to obey.

Miscellaneous - This is something they both have and that they are very careful with. Their blood can corrupt living beings, not in the sense where it will create Eldritch princes, but in a sense that it acts like a virus and turns creatures into walking incubators of black ichor and tentacles… It probably sounds cliche by now but oh well, it's part of them. The only way to stop the virus is by burning it away, or if there's a way (in early stages) to somehow 'drain' it away from the beings. Like sucking out the ichor and cleansing their body. With early stages I mean if the virus hasn't done too much damage. The virus eats away at them and if you were to cure them at a later stage then unfortunately not much will be left of the person's identity or body.

The Questions;

1) is it okay that they're Semi-immortal?
2) is it okay to introduce the species 'Eldritch Prince' to the realm of Revaliir? And is it okay that they use shapeshifting to fit in the world?
3) Are these powers okay to use?
4) The rules state that you can only use magic/powers if you have purchased the spell from the store. Does this apply to all chararcters, including pre-established ones? And if I do need to buy the spells. Is it okay if I hold off using their powers and only start using them once i have purchased the necessary spells (or sub spells)?
5)Based on experience across various Rp sites, they come across as OP. But can you guys trust me enough that I'm a responsible writer and don't go nuts or seek world-domination just cause they're powerful? 

P.S = I don't mind being mentored by staff to help settle my characters in or guide me on what I need to avoid, and such. :3

6) Considering their powers and how OP they may seem. I read that there are "Player-Deities"…I'm not after that role, that's not why I signed up.   >.< I'd rather explore Revaliir and let the story flow naturally and see where it takes me. :3 If the deity thing ever comes up then yaay but other than that…nope, i'd rather explore. >.>

7) Do you have any questions for me? I may have overlooked things so feel free to ask away. Questions is part of character development for me.

I haven't created profiles yet because I want to make sure that they are welcome. Once I have confirmation then I'll make the profiles and I'll make a second account to represent Nihr. :3

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Welcome!  Thanks for taking the time to check this all over with us.  I will do my best to answer your questions… but I might ask for some other input as well.

1) is it okay that they're Semi-immortal?
To be frank, no.  The only characters on the site that can be immortal are deities, and semi-immortal falls into that character as well.  You could have a character with impeccable healing abilities (not necessarily regeneration, but the ability to healer a lot faster than normal), provided you had the proper spells and items for such.  

Immortality, as I earlier stated, is strictly reserved for deities.  That being said, your character can definitely age slower (otherwise we would have to ban elves, and we obviously aren’t doing that), but absolutely NOT immortal.  Not even semi-immortal.

2) is it okay to introduce the species 'Eldritch Prince' to the realm of Revaliir? And is it okay that they use shapeshifting to fit in the world?
You can introduce whatever species you like, but any abnormal abilities (such as shapeshifting) require the proper spells and items to be legitimate.

3) Are these powers okay to use?
You would have to purchase the proper spells in order to use any of those abilities. The full list of spells available for purchase are here: https://revaliir.com/shop/alora-spells/

4) The rules state that you can only use magic/powers if you have purchased the spell from the store. Does this apply to all chararcters, including pre-established ones? And if I do need to buy the spells. Is it okay if I hold off using their powers and only start using them once i have purchased the necessary spells (or sub spells)?
All rules apply to all character, regardless of if they are pre-established, or not.  The only characters who have an exception are deities.  You need to buy the spells.  You can obviously write with the character, but you cannot use any of their abilities.  You can slightly allude to what they are capable of, but not actually have them do it unless you possess the proper items or spells.

5)Based on experience across various Rp sites, they come across as OP. But can you guys trust me enough that I'm a responsible writer and don't go nuts or seek world-domination just cause they're powerful?

As long as you follow the rules and refrain from god-moding, you should be fine.  A friendly piece of opinionated advice:  perhaps until you have a plot established and some silver earned to purchase spells, abstain from mentioning the abilities and what not.  This may help dilute the OP rep that the character may potentially get if you start off that way right off the bat.

Hopefully this gives you some information to help you get started - but please continue to ask for help if you need it!

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Ramla

Character Info
Hi!

Thank you for replying so fast. :D

- I can tweak them so they just age slowly to avoid the immortality part. As for their healing skills, i can make it so they'll need to take their time to recover and just have rapid healing skills. :3

- Okay, the shapeshifting was only important for the male, Nihr. I'll have them stick to their human form so that I'm able to RP.

- I checked the store and made a list of spells I would need in order for them to be complete. Looks like the cost is a little over a 1000 silver for both of them, lol. I'll have some writing to do then xD. This is going to be fun, I'll write it so that as I purchase the spells they are simply restoring their power and recovering from their travels and injuries from before they arrive on Revaliir.

- I can definitely do that. ^^ I'll respect the Site rules and RP etiquette.

I have another Question, any advice on how my characters could possibly arrive on the planet Revaliir? I read through the lore and there were mentions of portals that brought other species/races into Revaliir? Do they still apply or has the history been updated by now? 

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
You could say they have been here for a while since the tears were opened :) or that they came from another land.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
FYI: I do think you get an increased silver boost for a bit when you join… someone correct me if I am wrong - meaning that you will earn more for your posts for a while.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Race: Human
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
^ That is 100% accurate. :)

[Made by Brittlez]

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
for 30 days you get a x3 silver boost :) if you advertise and send it to me I will take on an additional week for each way you advertise whether it be on facebook or what have you.

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Ramla

Character Info
Oooh, awesome! :D

I know that right now i get 100 Silver Coins for free to spent. So I'm trying to pick out abilities already.

Here's the list of spells I'll need for the both of them. I think I need help with figuring out which ones would be good for Sub. spells as replacements. I'll put a (?) behind the spells where I struggle.

*Agility = To represent their Enhanced Speed that comes with her species.
*Strength = To represent her Enhanced Strength.
*Heal = To represent their healing abilities??
*Detect Aura = They can sense people's presence and get a feel of how powerful someone can be. (this of course is up for debate when there are players who hide their powers)
*??Energy Bolt = The ability to create Dark Energy? As a Sub. ? I couldn't find anything else so I thought using this one and turning it into a opposite spell.
*Gate travel = To travel between the shadows like I explained.
*??Incognito = Mostly for Nihr for his ability to adapt his appearance depending on the Race, etc…
*??Invoke Darkness Elemental (Or Shadow Puppet) = For Ramla's ability to summon mionions of darkness/shadow? I don't know which one to use to represent that skill?
*??Mythic Polymorph = For Nihr agagin for his shapeshifting, he can shift into anything he can think of.
*Night Sight = Their ability to see in the dark.
*??Shadow Cast = Their ability to manipulate shadows and do whatever they want with it. (illusions, extenstions of themselves, etc…)
*Shadow meld = to cloak themselves and become invisible
*??Shadow Weaving = Again about manipulating shadows and darkness.
*Strangle = to represent their ability to create tendrils/tentacles from shadows and darkness.
*Taint Weapon = their ability to channel their powers, Raw dark energy as part to have a more precise use of it and also to control the damage more.
*??Corpse Skin = I'm thinking of maybe using this one to represent their ability to corrupt things with their blood? But I'm not sure??

The 'theme' of their powers is the element of darkness and Shadows. The opposite of Light based, and Holy based magic. They represent the negative side of things.
Also, I seem to have forgotten to explain their weaknesses. Fire is a big thing for them, they fear it. Light based and Holy based Magic can also harm them. But I made it like this; Since they represent the opposite of Light/Holy, they are on par with them. So it should be interesting to see both sides win and lose to each other every now and then. ^^

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
That looks like a good list but you may need to also get invisibility if you want them to be unseen :)

ALso I noticed you said you didn't know how to send a message so I made pictures! VISUALS!

Angela's 3 God Rules
Ramla

Character Info
Thank you so much for the visuals! That really helps a lot. I'm not a very tech savvy person. x-x

And Invisibility spell, roger that!