Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > Tim
Greensteel2

Character Info
Name: Gnarsh
Race: HalfOrc Werebear
Class: Hunter/master chef
Silver: 221
Hey everybody. I'm new to narrative rping so I have a few questions.

1 item creation, say a character is an alchemist, a graduate of the academy. The wares I rp selling I don't actually purchase but if I rp using an item I half to have purchased it, correct?

2 Can I create a place or a people (village / tribal islanders) for backstory sake, or do I have to work with what's here?

3 Could a character create and lead an organization, example: spy network with loosely connected agents, or a mercenary fort that trains and organizes jobs for up and coming mercs ?

4 And of course can I have a traveling dinner that I serve out of my gipsy style wagon?
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
1. In general, if you rp with an item, you have to purchase it. I believe that Luthene gave a ruling earlier this month about selling items being different, but I'd have to look up what she said or get her in here to confirm.

2. Yes. That's within the rules. It won't be official lore, but it will allow you to create a backstory.

3. You're in luck. We just introduced the guild system in this event. How to create user guilds should be explained in the coming weeks. For now, you can buy temporary companions from the mercenary shop. They last six months and can serve as a mobile army.

4. To have a travelling dinner in a wagon, you should get the wagon first. That would be the cart item(I think that's the name) in the transportation shop. Also get the utensils item from the miscellaneous shop so you have some way to prepare/serve the food. 

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Greensteel2

Character Info
Cool and thanks. Awesome response time by the way. so whats the wishing well thing
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
I strike like a viper. 😎

Wishing Well is a game of chance that all members can participate in. It's run by Angela Rose(aka Brittlez), and operates on a weekly time period. Each week, members can make a wish for an item under 500 silver or 500 silver toward a pricier item/goal. It closes every Saturday night at 9pm. At that time(usually), a dice roll is thrown and a wish is granted at random. Afterward, the next week's session starts. To participate, you only have to post your wish during the week and it will be included in that week's list of wishes.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Greensteel2

Character Info
Got it, Thanks
Greensteel2

Character Info
So do I have to purchase a journal in to write a journal and have it count? 
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
You can start a journal even if you don't own the journal item. You'll get the silver for your journal posts (and it's a good way to get starting cash). If you write posts in other areas that describe the journal (ie, "Greensteel was writing in his journal when he was attacked by an orc.") then you'll need to purchase the item.

As for the selling of potions, it's fine for you to write doing this even if you don't own the potions you're selling. The buyer, on the other hand, probably should, if they intend to use said item. (If you sell to an NPC, don't worry about the buyer owning the item.) You may want to purchase potion-making materials, however.

OOC: Jenna
Greensteel2

Character Info
Got it, thank you. also the werebear thing I can claim it but not rp it until I own the proper items that match the abilities right?
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Correct!  So long as you don't actually have him change into anything, it's ok to say that he's a werebear.  I'd make sure that purchasing polymorph was a priority though, that way you don't have to put off having him change for too long :3

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Greensteel2

Character Info
Cool thanks, How would you handle a heightened sense of smell as a permanent ability?

and are all enchanted items artifacts?