Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:22 PM, Post Subject: Tim

For now, Earth Arrow is an acceptable substitute since we don't have anything else in place.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:57 PM, Post Subject: Tim

No, as of right now I would say hold off on that. We have plans my little darling.

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:14 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Alright so I get everything and I found the magic item shop. could you substitute earth arrow for earth sword? 

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:57 PM, Post Subject: Tim

I think polymorph would still cover what you want since we use that for werewolves and things of that nature.

If you wanted something like that AT THIS MOMENT you would need a custom item thingy. The only temporary ones avail. on the site are the ones Angela dishes out to those who come see her and those have a time limit of being a quest item.

You have to own the spell to get it. Aside from what a god can bless or curse (like Angela can bless enhanced fertility or something of the like) 

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:49 PM, Post Subject: Tim

The mythic polymorph does sound more like what I'm trying to accomplish. As per the sense of smell I was thinking comparable to canine sense of smell and I was tying it to the orc ancestry, but if it would be covered by the mythic polymorph then I'll sue that.

by enchantment I meant something simple and/or possibly temporary, example: vorpal blade or elemental weapon or glows when danger is near  vs. artifact one of a kind  

Also is there a spell limit or if I can write it I can play it. example: tribal shaman asks for blessings from the great dragon spirit: grants strength, thick hide, elemental resistance, and elemental blast temporarily of course and only if I were to have all required spells?  

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:03 PM, Post Subject: Tim

There are enchanted items in the shops.(If that's what you mean by artifacts)

I also have Angela able to create temporary artifacts as well.

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:40 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Aaaaah yeah that makes a lot of sense @_@  Definitely go with that then >3>

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:38 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Think in terms of a werewolf, then. Werewolves don't look like normal wolves in a lot of literature. They're huge and bipedal; part wolf, part human. See what I mean? A werebear isn't really the same as a regular bear, if we go by this line of thought. If he's just changing into a large bear without any humanoid characteristics, then regular polymorph would be fine. Any non-bear characteristics present, however, would make him need mythic.

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:25 PM, Post Subject: Tim

I thought that more referred to if you were changing INTO a hybrid/mythic creature.  Not if you were already one.  Changing into a bear, wouldn't a bear be considered a normal creature to change into?  

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:17 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Pretty much what Naota said for the permanent abilities, but I'd get mythic polymorph instead of polymorph. Polymorph is for naturally occurring creatures, whereas mythic polymorph is for hybrid and legendary creatures. I'd consider the werebear a hybrid creature, so mythic polymorph might make more sense.

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 PM, Post Subject: Tim

For a natural ability like that I'd say that there's not something in particular that you'd need to purchase for heightened sense of smell.  If I had to name anything I'd say Adaption since it's the closest I can think of, but honestly as long as you don't get crazy with it, it should be fine.  Unless it's related to him being a werebear, and then you might want to consider getting Polymorph just to cover your bases.  But if it's something simple like being able to have heightened smell just in general, then you shouldn't have to get anything.  

As for enchanted items, what kinds of items are you talking about?  Just as an example, because that could vary.

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:31 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Cool thanks, How would you handle a heightened sense of smell as a permanent ability?

and are all enchanted items artifacts?

Author: Naota, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Correct!  So long as you don't actually have him change into anything, it's ok to say that he's a werebear.  I'd make sure that purchasing polymorph was a priority though, that way you don't have to put off having him change for too long :3

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:19 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Got it, thank you. also the werebear thing I can claim it but not rp it until I own the proper items that match the abilities right?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:47 AM, Post Subject: Tim

You can start a journal even if you don't own the journal item. You'll get the silver for your journal posts (and it's a good way to get starting cash). If you write posts in other areas that describe the journal (ie, "Greensteel was writing in his journal when he was attacked by an orc.") then you'll need to purchase the item.

As for the selling of potions, it's fine for you to write doing this even if you don't own the potions you're selling. The buyer, on the other hand, probably should, if they intend to use said item. (If you sell to an NPC, don't worry about the buyer owning the item.) You may want to purchase potion-making materials, however.

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:52 AM, Post Subject: Tim

So do I have to purchase a journal in to write a journal and have it count? 

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Got it, Thanks

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:31 PM, Post Subject: Tim

I strike like a viper. 😎

Wishing Well is a game of chance that all members can participate in. It's run by Angela Rose(aka Brittlez), and operates on a weekly time period. Each week, members can make a wish for an item under 500 silver or 500 silver toward a pricier item/goal. It closes every Saturday night at 9pm. At that time(usually), a dice roll is thrown and a wish is granted at random. Afterward, the next week's session starts. To participate, you only have to post your wish during the week and it will be included in that week's list of wishes.

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:14 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Cool and thanks. Awesome response time by the way. so whats the wishing well thing

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:37 PM, Post Subject: Tim

1. In general, if you rp with an item, you have to purchase it. I believe that Luthene gave a ruling earlier this month about selling items being different, but I'd have to look up what she said or get her in here to confirm.

2. Yes. That's within the rules. It won't be official lore, but it will allow you to create a backstory.

3. You're in luck. We just introduced the guild system in this event. How to create user guilds should be explained in the coming weeks. For now, you can buy temporary companions from the mercenary shop. They last six months and can serve as a mobile army.

4. To have a travelling dinner in a wagon, you should get the wagon first. That would be the cart item(I think that's the name) in the transportation shop. Also get the utensils item from the miscellaneous shop so you have some way to prepare/serve the food. 

Author: Greensteel2, Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:28 PM, Post Subject: Tim

Hey everybody. I'm new to narrative rping so I have a few questions.

1 item creation, say a character is an alchemist, a graduate of the academy. The wares I rp selling I don't actually purchase but if I rp using an item I half to have purchased it, correct?

2 Can I create a place or a people (village / tribal islanders) for backstory sake, or do I have to work with what's here?

3 Could a character create and lead an organization, example: spy network with loosely connected agents, or a mercenary fort that trains and organizes jobs for up and coming mercs ?

4 And of course can I have a traveling dinner that I serve out of my gipsy style wagon?