Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Return [p][r]
drbuck

Character Info
Name: Fenriz Tel'vanya Hallowthorne
Alignment: TG
Race: Vampire
Class: Fledgling Necromancer
Silver: 3429
When the world had been bathed in eternal light, Fenriz had been fairly fortunate. Luckily he was in the company of Raziel at the time, who allowed him to seek refuge among her clan, and as a result the worst he suffered was a sense of boredom, and an even greater sense of frustration at his inability to assist in any way. As he had discovered since, a lot of his fellow night dwellers were not quite as lucky. Despite being one of them the boy didn't have much love to lose for other vampires, with two very large exceptions. Once he realized the entire gravity of what happened, his mission to locate his parents seemed so much more urgent. A part him refused to believe that it was even possible to be victims of such a catastrophe. But regardless of how confident Fenriz was in their abilities, he knew that he had to confirm their continued existence himself.

This is what brought him to the gates of Kurayo, a safe haven for vampires, werewolves, and other creatures of outcasts. Though he certainly fit that description, Fen never seemed to feel like he belonged within its walls. When he had departed the city the first time many moons ago, it was with the hope that his first visit was to also be his final one. But time was now of the essence, and deep within Kurayo was the only person he knew that might be able to point him in the right direction.

Standing just outside the gate, the crimson eyes that were usually filled with wonder and curiosity projected a sense of trepidation and concern on the daunting sight in front of him. Every part of him wanted to turn around, flee back to the ship he had stowed away on to reach this point, and let it carry him nearly anyplace else. With a deep breath, he bottled these feelings as best he could before taking his first steps passed the entrance.

Like the last time he walked these streets, he covered his snowy hair with the hood of his cloak, clinching at it as a strong breeze attempted to remove it from his head. Also much like last time, he could still feel the stares, despite not seeing the eyes that gave them. Some of them felt concerned, matched by whispers wondering of his origins and the whereabouts of the ones responsible for his well being gracing his ears at the same time. Other stares he could sense almost seemed disgusted or insulted by his presence. As much as he tried to hide the telltale signs, he knew that many of these citizens knew exactly what he was, and having a young, unrecognized vampire roaming the streets was a curious thing, though for some not a positive one.

The only thing that separated this visit from his previous one was having a destination in mind. Strolling passed the tavern he spent an… unpleasant evening in previously, he looped around a familiar road a few times until he finally found the house he was looking for, home to another vampire who had also been seeking his parents, though unbeknownst to him with significantly more sinister intent. Even had he known it, however, this was the only lead he had to go upon. Taking a seat on the side of the road near the home, he reached into his satchel with intent of retrieving the letter that the man had written to Fenriz's parents. Instead, his fingers pulled out a different parchment, a talisman that he had been gifted by a friend.

The vampire stared at the parchment for some time, internally debating on whether or not this would constitute a worthwhile use of said gift, whether or not she would show up if she did in such a place like this one, even briefly thinking on the ramifications of summoning someone who disliked vampires to a city filled with them. Eventually he took the charm in his hands, channeling the fear and hesitation into it, before placing it back in storage. Here he would wait for his fellow undead to show, or until his nerves finally gave out, whichever came first. Even without her help he knew he couldn't back down, but just having someone familiar around would go a long way in helping to ease his nerves.
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
As Fenriz would place the talisman back into his satchel it would immediately slip out and wave in the air as it hovered in front of the Vampire. Arriving at its desired location the talisman would spontaneously combust leaving only smoke as proof of its existence. However, instead of dissipating with the wind the smoke circled and coiled around itself as it formed the silhouette of a woman. With one final wisp of smoke, the gas would turn to a solid as Lixue appeared before Fenriz. Unfortunately for Fenriz common courtesy was ignored as the Undead scanned the surroundings as she assumed the reason he had used her gifted to him was for its intended purpose. With the realization that the Vampire was not in immediate danger, the Priestess turned back to face Fenriz with a nonplussed expression.

Pausing for a moment as she thought of how to scold the Vampire, but she remembered that fear and apprehension were the catalysts that set everything into motion. "Why did you use the talisman"? Staying her hand as perhaps Fenriz had a genuine reason for its use. It was possible that he may be pursued or knowing him heading directly into danger.

Waiting for the explanation she would look around the general area as the charm uses the owner's emotions as a beacon while leaving out the where and what. Where she was it felt off as she looked to the sky. The sun was still out before I transported here. I suppose it could be the location, but the night sky does not feel natural. Placing eternal night or changing weather requires high magic along with an exhaustive ritual, not something the average mage or even a master could do alone. Continuing her examination resulted in little to no information as the alley and stonework did nothing to help the Priestess as the strange stone architecture was lost on her. Only the occasional snare and scream showed that wherever they were it was not entirely safe.

Not wanting to deal with whatever roamed the cold darken streets she turned back to Fenriz. "Where are we and more importantly why did you come to such a dangerous place"? Ending the sentence with disapproval as the Vampire had purposely placed himself in danger. "It is best to do whatever it is you came here for and leave as the city seems rather inhospitable to outsiders''. Even though Fenriz misused her gift to him she would uphold her promise and aid him as it was only a matter of time till danger would find them.
drbuck

Character Info
From the moment the talisman began to move of its own accord, Fenriz went through a rapid series of emotions. The first was a sense of dread when the talisman fizzled into smoke. For a moment he feared that she had somehow deemed that this was one misuse of the gift too many, and was revoking his ability to use it. Those fears gave way to wonder, followed by relief when the lingering smoke formed into the one who had given it to him. As Fenriz had feared, she didn't seem to be particularly pleased to be here, but he couldn't help but feel relieved that she was. 

Understandably she had many questions about her new location and the boy's reasoning for calling her there. As he began to provide an explanation, he stared into the face of his recently arrived companion. The expression on the vampire's was a genuinely serious one, an expression that very few other's had likely seen him wear before. Try as he might, however, he couldn't seem hide the shakiness in his voice

"We're in a place called Kurayo. It's a place where a lot of vampires live. I'm… here to see one. Last time I was here he lived here" He turned to face the manor in question, one that was somewhat larger than many, though far from the biggest the city had to offer. "I guess her knew me and my parents so he let me stay with him for a while. He sent some guys out to find them. I left to go try and help since it seemed like they were having trouble"

He paused for a moment, a frown slowly unfurling on his face "Do you remember when it stopped being night time for a while? A lot of people like me… died. I don't think mom and dad were one of them, but they're probably worried about me. And I guess I'm worried about them, too"

He shifted back toward Lixue in an attempt to gauge her reaction. Despite their friendship he didn't expect her to be particularly sympathetic to the plights of his kind. A part of him even wondered if she took some level of joy in what had occurred; a somewhat somber reminder of the different paths they walked. But still, in spite of these differences she had become one of his most trusted allies, and as such hoped that the importance of what he was here to do would translate to her as well.

"So I just have to find them as soon as I can, and I was hoping… you would help" the boy pleaded "I know you said I should only use the talisman when I'm in danger but this place is really scary. The last time I was here a lot of really bad stuff happened before I met Mister Lennix. I thought I was brave enough to come here by myself but when I saw the talisman in my bag I guess I just…"

Fenriz trailed off. When he said it all aloud, a part of him felt embarrassed that he had spent such a powerful tool in such a frivolous manner, especially given he promised not to the last time. But despite that, he couldn't deny that he felt much more confident in his plan now that she was actually here.

"I'm sorry. I know it was kind of irresponsible to use it that way. But there's nothing to worry about anymore. When you showed up it disappeared" he tried his best to offer his usual upbeat smile, but it was clear his heart wasn't fully in it "Mister Lennix is one of the nice vampires, though. I know you don't usually like them but he was really helpful the last time I was here, so I guess I can ask him for help when it's time for me to leave, so you don't have to stay if you don't want to. He seemed pretty worried about me last time. He really wanted to make sure I didn't leave until he found mom and dad, so I'm sure he'll look after me this time. I hope he's not too upset I left without saying goodbye though"

After allowing Lixue a moment to make her decision, he turned to climb the stairs in front of Lennix's home, knocking on the door as loudly as his small fists would allow. Despite how quiet his knocking was, an unusually short amount of time passed before someone answered. Like Fenriz, the man had a particularly pale complexion and glowing eyes, though unlike the younger vampire his were a yellow color. Also unlike Fenriz, much larger in both height and weight, and did not share his white hair, instead boasting no hair at all.

"Well this is quite the surprise. The Hallowthorne prince has come back. I was rather worried you might have died when Sirona went on her little…crusade." He placed a hand on Fenriz's head, both ruffling his hair and causing the boy to giggle in the process. To someone a bit more trained, they might sense something a bit more off-putting about Lennix. But Fenriz greeted him like a long lost friend

"Nope. I got pretty lucky. Remember Raziel? She's my sister now and she helped me hide until it was over" he said with a grin.

"Well well, lucky you. You survived and got a new sibling. But I bet you're here wondering about your parents, aren't you?"

"Yeah! Do you know anything?" digging into his satchel, Fenriz pulled the original parchment he had been searching for, presenting it to Lennix. When the elder vampire unfolded it, inside he found a few coins "I felt kind of bad for leaving so I… found some silver. I know its not how much my parents were gonna give you for finding me, but I hope this helps"

"You're too sweet. Why don't you come inside? I can see you haven't fed in a while. I have plenty of blood in reserves you can have." Though he smiled at the boy, his demeanor dramatically changed as soon as he caught sight of Lixue "Is this one with you? Or should I have her removed?"

Fenriz glanced in the Lixue's direction, before spinning back around to face the elder vampire once more "No, this is my friend Lixue. Lixue this is Mister Lennix"

Lennix said nothing, but offered the priestess a curt nod, though he still seemed less than pleased by her presence "Why don't you both join me? Would your friend like anything?"

Lennix gesture for both of them to come inside, a request that Fenriz followed without hesitation. Unlike the exterior, this first room that they entered was incredibly extravagant, with valuable bits and bobbles strewn all over haphazardly as if they were meaningless to their owner. Once all willing parties had entered, the doors closed behind them, revealing two additional men, both of which clearly vampires, and identical in appearance to each other.

"Fenriz, you remember the twins, Kapral and Davon right?" Both of them gave a similar nod to the young boy, before returning to staring at… nothing in particular. Lennix then ushered them into another, equally exorbitant room, this one very clearly a dining room of sorts. "Why don't you two take a seat? I'll be right back."

Lennix walked off to fetch refreshments for his guests, and Fenriz made his way to one of the many chairs surrounding a needlessly long table, his mood seemingly somewhat lifted, having been told he was in fact that much closer to being reunited with the ones who raised him.

"See, isn't Mister Lennix the best?" Fenriz said with a wide smile "The twins are kind of strange. But I wouldn't worry about them too much. They don't really talk that much anyway"
Cao Lixue

Character Info
"Kurayo…" While the Undead would have been upset with Fenriz for travelling to such a dangerous place, considering the prior events, Kurayo was far safer than a majority of the world at that time. If Lixue was still the same person she used to be, the Priestess might have joined along as it cannot be understated how much easier eternal day made her job. However, a common enemy is all they would have shared as nothing is ever so black and white.

With time and understanding, Lixue's annoyance at Fenriz's misuse faded as it was replaced with her irritation with the recent crusade. Pushing it down and placing a hold on her opinions and plans for stopping any future numen interventions or perception on how the world and its inhabitants should be. The attempts to push it aside only made her think of it more. The more she thought about it the more vexed her as the Undead as she could have very easily allowed her beliefs to blind her which in turn would have removed her friend and comrade from the living world.

Looking down to Fenriz, she would focus on the surprisingly downtrodden Fenriz as even his positive outlook had been beaten down by the zealotous campaign against him and beings like him. As she was about to answer Fenriz the young boy rambled on as he tried to fit an apology and a request together. Kneeling down and embracing the Young Vampire. "It's fine I understand and to be fair this place and the recent events have made it even more dangerous for you. That must have been difficult. I understand that you may not have wanted to contact me as you were afraid of what I might have done to those travelling and hiding with you. I'm sorry for the friends you lost and I'm sorry that you did not feel comfortable using the talisman when you and others were truly in need". Holding the Young Vampire for a moment longer not just for his benefit, but her own as well. Releasing her hug while still kneeling to keep eye level with Fenriz. "I may not have been there for you back then, but at least I can help you now as I know your main goal is to find your parents and just like you, I believe they are still alive as you stated that they were strong magic users''. Doing her best to cheer Fenriz up as she would stand back up and look to the door of the manor to signal that she was ready to proceed.

With a knock from Fenriz, the door opened shortly after to reveal a vampire clears as day as no creature of the night had to hide their true nature away in Kurayo. While the Vampire exchanged pleasantries it was clear that he was at heart a predator as his wit did nothing to hide how he looked down on others as his words dripped with venom. Eventually, his attention drew to the Priestess and it was clear that she was not welcome either by her appearance or the fact that he wished to have the Hallowthorne Prince completely in his hands. With the introductions overtaken by Fenriz, Both Lennix and Lixue curtly nodded to each other while sharing a less than courteous glance.

Gesturing the both of them in, Lennix offered the Priestess an empty show of hospitality. Though Fenriz had given her real name away, she could still at least play the role of an Undead to lax Lennix's guard. Upon entry into the manor and the appearance of the two Vampiric twins, she would point to both of them with a jesting tone. "I don't suppose you'd have any souls laying around as I doubt your hospitality stems so deep as to place your help on the table"?

Stabbing back at Lennix with wordplay of her own as he went off to retrieve refreshments. However, while Lixue was completely aware that Lennix was not to be trusted Fenriz was enamoured with the Vampire as he was still too young to understand that there are many dangerous people within the world that offer an outstretched hand while the other holds a knife behind your back.
drbuck

Character Info
"I doubt you would find their souls particularly… appealing" Lennix smirked at the undead's comments, accompanied with a dry chuckle. Whether or not he was actually amused, however, was hard for the youngest of the three to gauge.

"I'll see what I have in store" Lennix stated sarcastically before disappearing into a different room. While Lennix's reaction was hard to gauge, the twins' were fairly easy, in that they didn't react at all. Either indifferent or unfazed by Lixue's jest, they continuing their staring contest with the walls without any acknowledgement that she had said a word. Unsurprisingly, the biggest response was that of Fenriz, who placed a hand over his open mouth, seeming equal parts perplexed and horrified by his companion's "request"

"Do.. you drink people's souls? Is that what you were doing back on the island?" the curious boy asked his companion. Thinking back on the last time he was in Lixue's company, he recalled that she had briefly mentioned souls herself after her meditation session. He also recalled that for at least a brief moment, he had seemingly been within the area of effect for her energy drawing process. An audible gasp escaped the vampire's lips as he stumbled on a potentially disturbing realization. Standing up in his chair, he stared into Lixue's eyes, concern written all over his face "Did you drink part of my soul?"

Though panicked at first, he drummed up an even earlier memory of their time spent together, this time tracing all the way back to shortly after they had met. The tilting of his head almost acting like an internal trigger, almost immediately shifting his demeanor back to its standard inquisitiveness "Do you think our souls are cursed, too? Like our mana, right? I bet that's why he said you wouldn't like the twins' souls, though I don't think he would let you have them even if they weren't cursed. Unless you can live without one…"

Lennix had vanished for a surprisingly lengthy time, allowing Fenriz even more time to continue trying to process the concept of one's inner spirit. Though he pondered silently, his facial expression told of the difficulties he was experiencing in trying to understand the more abstract concept.

“My apologies for the wait, young Fenriz. My… stock seems to be running low” Eventually Lennix had returned with two chalices in hand, nearly overflowing with a familiar red liquid. He placed one in front of Fenriz, who eyed it cautiously before squeezing his eyes shut and drinking the entirety in as few drinks as he could manage. Lennix kept his chalice in hand, savoring each and every sip he took.

“Sorry I seem to have exhausted my supply of souls. I’ll be sure to stock up by the next time you stop by” Lennix said, once more addressing Lixue in the same condescendingly sarcastic tone he had before. Curious as to what an actual soul might look like, Fenriz pouted at the lack of an example. Lennix once more placed a hand on the boys head, offering him a suspiciously sweet smile as a means to cheer him up before turning back to the priestess “I’d offer you some of what we’re having but you don’t seem to be quite the same as us”

Cup full of blood still in hand, he slowly maneuvered his way to Lixue’s side of the table. Cautiously he kept some distance between the two of them, though likely still far less distance than Lixue would’ve preferred. He examined the with equal parts contempt and intrigue “No, you seem to be something… similar. Those eyes, that skin… To be undead and dressed in such an… interesting fashion too. Tell me how long has it been since you lost your mortality?”

As he spoke he gradually dared to inch closer to Cao, almost daring her to retaliate in front of their mutual “friend” who was watching the scene unfold before his young eyes with a great deal of concern. Lennix glanced outside the dining room at the twins, who seemed to interpret this as a command to enter the dining room themselves, now standing on either side of the entryway. Lennix then donned his same saccharine smile before turning back to Fenriz, throwing his arms in in an exaggerated fashion

“What an interesting friend you’ve brought with you today, my prince!”

“I know, Lixue’s amazing!” Fenriz said with a wide grin of his own. Although he wasn’t entirely sure what had just happened, he was merely relieved that Lixue had seemingly earned Lennix’s approval. “She helped me out a lot not too long ago. She even gave me some of her blood when I needed it”

Fortunately Fenriz had omitted how he had come to need said blood. Unfortunately, in his continued praise, this was all he seemed capable of omitting “She knows all kinds of powerful magic too. I think some of it is so strong, it even hurts her a bit, too. One time I watched her use this one spell that burned her hand…”

For a moment Fenriz was lost in his own thoughts, remembering not just the physical damage that the charged spell of light did to Lixue, but the mental state he had found himself in. Though he could always sense that inner vampire, it had seldom been as intense in it’s hatred for something before that moment. But it wasn’t long before he had snapped back to the conversation at hand, recalling more details about his ally.

“She dresses like that because she’s from a place called… Karith, right?” Fenriz glanced at Lixue with a proud grin. Proud that he remembered most of the personal details she had shared with him “I think that’s why she knows all this cool magic too. They train exor-… I mean hunters there”

Remembering only moments too late the sort of things exorcists tended to hunt, he tried to stop himself before word got out. Lennix’s eyes grew wide all the same, however, no doubt understanding exactly what he implied. He glanced at the twins once more, who didn’t move, but did respond with a nod. Lennix then took a seat next to the Hallowthorne Prince himself, taking one of Fenriz's small hands into his much larger ones.

“That’s very good for you, to have met such a powerful ally. I can’t help but marvel at the eclectic group of people you call friends. And it’s a good thing you have such a strong friend with you today, as alas I don’t have the best news to share with you regarding your parents…."
Cao Lixue

Character Info
"I'd wait with bated breath, but the need for air has long since been lost to me". Firing back one last comment to Lennix as he went to procure the 'refreshments'. With Lennix away for the moment leaving herself the Twins and Fenriz who seemed shocked by her comments on souls even though the Undead has mentioned many times that she had a very similar hunger to his.

As the Young Vampire listed off his many questions and concerns, Lixue would look to the Twins who remained firm even with her comments on possibly making them her next meal. Well trained guard dogs if nothing else, but Lennix's was right on their quality of souls as they don't seem to be all that powerful aside from the normal vampiric abilities. With the squeak of Fenriz's chair, she looked over to him as he bore into her eyes as the Vampire almost demanded an answer. Returning his concerned expression with a cold blank expression as if to remind the boy where he is. "I said that you and I are both tied to the unending curse of hunger, the only thing that separates us is what it demands of us". Looking away from Fenriz as she continued " As for your concerns about your soul, are you not still you? If I'd really done what came naturally you would not be standing here now". While her words were harsh, she could not afford to show weakness to the enemy. She only hoped that he would be able to parse out her hidden message in her words.

Holding her neutral expression as her words seemed to have panicked Fenriz as her change in demeanour may have brought up the memory of when she threatened to kill him. A small quiet fell over the room as Fenriz caught onto her words and change in attitude. Even though she wanted to show a sign of pride in the Young Vampire'a mental ability one cannot be too careful on unknown territory. "Our, body, soul and mana are cursed as undeath changes us more than just physically. If vampirism and the curse of unending life were only physical then simple healing magic would be able to cure it. Now how much the curse twists you is up to the strength of one's will or soul if you will''. Continuing to calmly answer Feniz's questions while not bothering to point out how lacking the twins seemed to be as something had broken them wholly.

Noticing that their host had yet to return bothered Lixue as it made her concerned about what he was up to. However, both his return and the Twins held her from acting on her concerns as there was no doubt that a vampire was always planning. With his return came the refreshments, though Lixue was surprised that the blood came in cups and not from the direct source. Deciding against thinking of what horrors lay within Lennix's pantry as it would only help to break character. As he severed the drinks, Lennix's offered a backhanded apology to her as he was indeed out of souls while jokingly stating to acquire some for their next meeting. Returning Lennix's comment with a small smile as the Priestess knew that there would be no next time for Lennix.

Slithering closer to her Lennix offered what was on tap as his focus was now on her. While the Priestess seemed to intrigue him he was wise enough to keep his distance for what it was worth as she could kill him at any time if she wished. Growing bolder he inched closer as he asked about her venture into unlife as if to egg her on to strike him as to distance herself from Fenriz. Staring back at Lennix still holding the small smile as the Twins moved in to act if need be. "It's been a few millennia a little over two to be exact though at this point counting is irreverent". Inching closer to Lennix now as she filled the room with her magic for a mere moment to show the vampire how truly small he was compared to the Ancient undead that stood before him and the ones ruled over him.

Breaking from their staredown as he threw his hands up proclaiming the quality of the friend Fenriz brought along. While his attempt to goad the Priestess into attacking him had failed Fenriz held nothing back as he excitedly belted off factoids about Lixue like some sort of fanatical fan in a tourney. As he continued on Fenriz almost let out her past occupation but replaced it with another word that did nothing to hide her past from Lennix and the Twins. Noticing Lennix's glance at the Twins did nothing to put Lixue on edge as they were the ones in danger, not her. If they even so much as attempt to do anything to Fenriz or herself she would give them an example of her past work.

As Lennix seated himself next to Feniz's she kept her eyes on him as it was plain to see that the air was thick with tension. At the ready and more than willing to remove the vampires from the world, but the less than good news about Fenriz's parents stayed her hand. While unsure as to the state of his parents she did not like the sounds of where it was heading as she could not be a stand in for a caretaker at this time.
drbuck

Character Info
Though his friend wasn't the most expressive person he had met, even Fen was beginning to get a sense of the unease Lixue felt just based on the way she responded to his questions. What still alluded him was both the extent to which she felt this unrest, and the source of it. He was well aware of her dislike for vampires, and he knew that asking her to be comfortable in a home occupied by four of them wasn't an option. But as far as his eyes could tell, neither Lennix nor the twins had any intent to harm them. He almost felt offended that she was this distrusting of him. But while Fenriz was still trying to get a full grasp of the tension in the air, Lennix had come to a full understanding of the problem that the priestess posed to his plans. Between her flaunting her age and power, and Fenriz's accidental disclosure of her occupation, he suddenly felt lucky that she hadn't taken the bait. Even if it had driven a wedge between her and Fen, what good would it have done him if he wasn't around to take advantage of it?

With Fen's hand still in his, Lennix began to disclose what he knew of Fenriz's parents "You do remember the last time you were here, correct? And no matter how hard they looked the twins just couldn't seem to find them?"

Fenriz hesitantly nodded in response to his question, the uncertainty of why it was being ask making the boy far too nervous to respond with words. Were it still capable of beating at all, the boy's heart would likely be doing so at an alarming rate as he awaited what Lennix had to say.  It did not help matters that Lennix took a considerable pause, seeming to be for the first time since they arrived at a loss for words for the first time seemed to be somewhat at a loss for words. As he thought on how to convey what he knew, he almost appeared concerned in his expression, though where his concerns lie remained a mystery.

"Well… I'm afraid that even they were never going to find them. Unfortunately by the time you and I crossed paths it was far too late"  Lennix seemed hopeful that Fenriz would understand what he was trying to say, though unsurprisingly this was not the case.

"What are you saying, Mister Lennix? Are my parents trapped somewhere?" Fenriz asked with head tilted, forcing a sigh out of the elder vampire. Fen was either unaware of what he was hinting at, or refused to entertain the idea. Either way, there was only one way he was going to get his meaning across.

"I don't know how else to tell you Fenriz, but your parents aren't alive anymore. Not in the sense that you or I or your friend aren't, either. I don't know much of the details myself but from what I've gathered they haven't been for quite some time"

"That's not funny, Mister Lennix" Fenriz said flatly, snatching his hand free.. Much like the boy the surrounding shadows seemed to grow agitated, fidgeting erratically against the objects that cast them. "Please just tell me where they are so I can go find them"

"A shadowmancer, just like them. I bet they would be proud…" Lennix mumbled to himself. "Listen Fenriz, I knew your parents well. They were both very capable and very determined vampires, and were they still around, they most certainly would have found you by this point. Particularly your wonderful, radiant mother. There is no other force than death that would have stop her from reuniting with her dearest little prince. But, don't worry I have just the solution"

Lennix stood up, positioning himself behind Fenriz's seat before placing a hand on his head.. Fenriz thought nothing of it as he was far too busy trying to get a grasp on how he should feel.. Even he had to admit that it was a little strange that for as long as he had been on this journey, his parents hadn't managed to track him down, either. But there was just no way that they weren't around anymore.

"My… boss, I suppose you could call him, the head of the Blacklock clan is actually very interested in you. He knew your parents and he was just devastated when he learned of their passing. He wanted me to introduce the last time but you had left before I got back. While he can't do much for the legacy of the Hallowthornes, he does feel you would be a perfect Prince for the Blacklock family instead" He shifted his gaze to Lixue, attempting to sound as earnest as possible as he spoke "I'm sure he could even find some use for your friend here. Miss… Lixue, right? While she certainly wouldn't be among the official ranks given she's not a vampire she's certainly close enough. And if she's really as uh… powerful as she seems" He stalled momentarily, now all too aware that Fenriz's assessment of her abilities was not an understatement "Than there would certainly be a place for her. We could even that sister of yours and bring her here. Though an angel in Kurayo might be unusual you have my word that she, much like yourself and Lixue, would be as safe as safe could be"

Fenriz sat silently for a lengthy period, entirely tuned out of his surroundings for this moment in time. So many thoughts swirling around in his head, so many emotions coursing through him at once, all of it was becoming far too much for his young sensibilities to handle. The shadows also didn't seem to know how to react, swaying anxiously as if waiting for Fenriz to tell them how they should. When Fenriz did break his silence, his voice was low, almost monotone

"I… think I should go, Mister Lennix. I appreciate how nice you've been, and I'll think about what your boss said" Fenriz turned to face Lennix now, his expression almost free of emotion entirely "But I just know my parents are still alive. Not to sound mean, but I think you guys are wrong. But if you aren't I will come back. I promise"

Fenriz attempted a smile, before leaping from the chair he sat in. Although he had successfully left the seat, his feet failed to touch the ground, a hand keeping him hovering in the air by his cloak.

"Unfortunately my prince, that wasn't exactly a request" Almost immediately, the twins placed themselves at either side of Lixue, attempting to grab both arms. 

"M-mister Lennix? Whats…" When Fenriz went to speak, Lennix placed a hand on his head, and before long he fell into a deep unconsciousness, falling limp in Lennix's hand. Lennix then turned to the undead, deliberately holding the boy between himself and Lixue.

"Don't worry about our friend here, he's just asleep. Probably not for long, as sleep spells aren't exactly my specialty. And so I will get straight to the point" With Fenriz temporarily disposed, Lennix glared at Lixue, no longer feeling it necessary to even attempt a friendly facade "Though the Blacklock weren't directly responsible for their demise, my boss feels it advantageous that the Hallowthornes are no longer around. Having their direct heir freely wander around is however… problematic. While I have tried my hardest to convince our leader that young Fenriz is not much of a threat, alas he was not convinced. So I'm left with two options. I either bring him to my boss so that he may keep him in close proximity and rename him as member of the Blacklock clan, or I deliver him to his parents, and I'm sure you understand what I mean by that. Personally I've grown to like Fenriz quite a bit, and I would rather bring him in alive, as would my boss. Though it's certainly a bit… raw, if Fenriz's hidden power is even a fraction of that which his "parents" possessed, then he would certainly be a massive boon to us in the future. But…"

Lennix pulled out a dagger, placing the very tip of the blade to Fenriz's cheek. Although he did not awaken, it left a small burn where it was pressed against skin. Lennix then hovered it over the boy's chest "If you're going to be a problem, I'll end it now. I admit I didn't think you would be of much concern but what he says about you certainly seems to be true. All the same, I'm far more afraid of what Aleister will do to me than dying by your hands. Now, if you like, we're more than willing to let you go. We will not pursue you as all we wanted was the prince. You're also welcome to come see Aleister as well. I was not lying when I said he could likely find work for you. Work that would gain you any number of riches, or power, or both. Or, should you want, you can even finish us both off right here and now. I know he called you a "friend" but we both know the sort of things you hunt. I'm sure you'd rest so much easier knowing that there are two less vampires in the world"

Lennix clutched Fenriz even closer to his own chest, dagger still at the ready, as he awaited Lixue's decision. Slowly, he began to shuffle toward one the door he had previously disappeared through, ready to make an exit if given the opportunity.
Cao Lixue

Character Info
While she had thought that Fenriz had fully understood the meaning behind her words and actions, it was clear that he was too young and naive to fully grasp the situation. Unfortunately for the young vampire she could not come right out and say it with present company. However, it was not yet time for action as Lennix was about to reveal what he knew.

Holding back utter disgust and contempt for the Snake as he coiled around the Young Vampire as he dug his fangs deeper into Fenriz's mind. No matter how much she wished to end this facade she knew how important this information to Fenriz was, but it seemed as if the conversation was about to take a dark turn. The hesitation and pause wore thin on the Priestess patience as her body may be eternal her patience was not especially within a hostile involvement. As Fenriz had steeled himself, Lennix revealed his parents were in fact no longer among the living.

Whereas the Priestess thought about the validity of the information coming from someone untrustworthy and lacking in a total confirmation, Fenriz completely denied the possibility of his parent's death. Fact or not it was clear that Fenriz would never accept his parents' death without seeing for himself, but more importantly, was his emotional state as his lack of control was beginning to warp the shadows. Thankfully his magic still lacked potency as she would have had to break character to calm him as his unchecked magic could spell danger for others as well as himself.

With Fenriz still stuck in denial, the older vampire made his case. As much as she hated to admit it, the Snake did make a sound argument, but her eyes focused on him as his agreement with a concerning ending. Watching his every movement as she very well knew that the viper was about to strike, but with Fenriz nearby it would be too dangerous to start a fight if one could be avoided. She knew that he was well aware that he had no chance of using force as he was nothing special, just a low rank vampire who just happened to be of use to another vastly superior one of his kind.

Lennix continued to try to burrow into the Younger Vampire's mind as he offered him a place among the clan he served, but it was clearly a lie as no vampire would place another an outsider no less as an heir. At most Fenriz would be a political tool or a bargaining chip if the Hallowthorne blood was truly special. Continuing on he offered herself and those close to him a place among him to further persuade him. Even if the offer is legitimate they would quickly distance herself and his sister from him as Lennix is attempting to do now.

"I'll pass on the offer as I have no interest in being yet another tool under a different master". Cutting into the conversation, but to only speak for herself as while the choice was Fenriz's though she could still remove some of the enticements from accepting the venom ridden offer.

Silence hung over the room once again as both parties awaited Fenriz's response. As the silence broke, Lixue held back her smile as he refused his offer. Although even with the refusal, she knew that a simple refusal was not going to be accepted by Lennix. The Undead had been at the ready since she had first met Lennix as she knew right away what kind of man he was.

As Fenriz leaped from his seat the viper struck, grabbing Fenriz while the Twins went for her arms. If this was a simple fight the Priestess would have quickly dealt with the two underlings, but with Fenriz in Lennix's clutches, she had to make the Vampire think he had won. Attempting to stand up as Lennix subdued Fenriz, she made sure that the twins gripped the exposed part of her arms as she sent out a freezing spell along the floor snaking under the table as it made its way towards Lennix. Struggling to make a show of it as she was well aware that the Twins were stronger than herself. The strain and bruising would heal, but the act of harming herself against her captures created a more convincing scene.

Forced back into her chair with one Twin on either side as they held both her arms while one hand was along with her mouth and another across her neck. While this method may have worked on a more untrained mage, Lixue needed no incantation or her limbs to properly channel her magic. Passing along false information she would stare daggers at Lennix as to show a meagre show of defiance while making them think that her magic was lost to her in this state.

Her capture had halted skirmish raising Lennix's confidence enough to begin monologuing as all foolhardy and prideful beings tend to do. Although it seems that the Vampires that they have won little did they know they have done exactly what the Priestess had wanted. Not only was the extra information helpful, but if she had gone on the offence catching a vampire on the run was no easy task. Suffering the humiliation and the touch of the Twins was worth keeping them ensnared in her own trap as Fenriz was the priority not the death of these vampires though both would soon come to pass.

Revealing a dagger did not concern her as the trap was already in place, however, she had to act to keep up the facade. Straining against her captures again as she screamed out anything as the muffles only served as another part in the play. As the blade touched Fenriz's cheek the small burn revealed that it was a silver blade. Using a part of her anger in the act as Lennix continued on with his victory speech. His speech only annoyed her more as Fenriz was not just a vampire. Prepares her plan and actions seem uncaring to the Vampire, but in truth, she knows that the damage will heal and that no further harm will come to him.

The frost soon made contact with Lennix, and as the cold enveloped his lifeless body holding him in place ice ran along the Twins' arms as the Jianshi released her draining aura. It was true what Lennix said the Twins were not much as they were quickly drained of their lifeforce turning them to dust. With her captures removed she patted herself off as she made her way over to the nearly Frozen Lennix. Upon reaching the Vampire she pried his arm that held Fenriz open slowly as it cracked partially under the strain. With Fenriz now in her arms she looked to him with no hate nor anger as his life was forfeit only kept around by her whim.

"I know it's a bit late, but you should have ran instead of boasting about your clan or what you think or know about me". Moving over to one of the chairs she gently rested Fenriz upon one before going back to Lennix. Looking to the dagger the Undead would roughly pluck the silver blade from his hand causing one of his fingers to snap off. Glancing down at the finger then back to Lennix, "It's hard to keep you in this state, though on the plus side your vampire nature is the only reason you're still alive". Hovering the knife over the vampire's face, "Now I can make your last moments very painful if I so wish, but if you answer my questions I promise that your death will be painless". Not caring for an answer the Priestess would continue,"I'll be sure to ask only yes or no questions as I know you cannot speak, just move your eyes up and down for yes and side to side for no".

"Are Fenriz's parents’ truly dead"? As she asked the question she would pause to look into the Lennix's eyes. If he hesitated or refused to answer she would run the blade along his body as he had done to Fenriz.

"Would Aleister be able to fully confirm their deaths"?

"Is Fenriz the last Hallowthorne"?

"Were the Hallowthornes killed because they threatened the ruling clans"?

"Do you know of my clan"?

"Do you know what I am"?

"And lastly do you know of or know if Liu Jingyi still lives"? While the other questions seemed important this one had the Undead's full attention as she withdrew the dagger to clearly see Lennix's answer.
drbuck

Character Info
As Lennix neared his exit, he began to feel a mixture of emotions. A sense of relief that his gambit had seemingly worked. A sense of excitement at the reward he would surely receive for bringing in the the last of the Hallowthornes. A sense of disappointment that his friend wasn't joining them. Despite his contempt for the undead, he could only imagine what it would mean to his superior had he managed to bring her into the fold. But mostly, he felt a sense of relief. Even Lennix couldn't speak of what Aleister's plans were for the young vampire or what kind of life he might lead under his watch, but at least it was a chance at life. Of the many mistruths that had escaped his lips this evening, two of them were absolute facts. He was willing to murder the boy should he have to. But he was relieved that it seemed like he wouldn't have to.

All of these thoughts swarming in his head like angry insects, but never did it occur to him that these thoughts were likely to be among the final ones he ever had.

Even watching her struggle against the twins might, Lennix knew better than to think that he was fully in control of the situation at hand. But he did think he had applied enough leverage to at least limit the number of ways she could respond. He presented to her all of what he felt were the feasible options for this to end, including his own demise so long as Fenriz went with him. But she seemed to discover another option, one that despite all of his knowledge he had no way of knowing of before it happened. And it happened in almost an instant. One moment he was preparing to turn the corner, ready to abscond with his prize and be rewarded for his efforts. The next moment he was frozen in place, limbs refusing to budge no matter how much he mentally begged them to. Helplessly he watched as the twins were drained of what little life force they had to offer. As quickly as he had been frozen in place, the twins had gone from stationary statues to stationary piles of dust. The one who had bestowed such a fate upon them then nonchalantly turned her attention to Lennix, painfully prying the still unconscious vampire from his grasp. Taunting him for his hubris made the vampire want to violently lash out at his captor, but no matter how much he desired to harm her, it was of no avail. Even screaming in pain as his finger separated itself from his hand was impossible in his current state.

With his own dagger nearly pressed against his face, he knew that his time was likely nearing its end. When Fenriz had shown up at his door, Lennix thought he couldn't be luckier. But now he cursed the boy, having inadvertently brought about Lennix's very own demise.

Lixue wanting to probe him for knowledge in his final moments almost made the vampire feel proud, in a way. Procuring things was his specialty, particularly knowledge. It almost seemed fitting that his last contribution to this world was information. His pride in what he does overcoming his disdain for Lixue and his now mixed feelings for the boy who brought her to his home, Lennix would answer her questions to the best of his ability.

The first two questions were simple, eliciting an emphatic "nod" from his eyes. No matter how much Fenriz refused to accept it, his parents were gone, and had been for quite some time. And if there was anyone who could prove that, it was without a doubt Aleister. If there was anything that brought the vampire a modicum of solace in this desperate situation, it was the fact that their little quest meant it was likely they would eventually cross paths with his leader, a far more formidable foe than Lennix proved to be. His only regret was that he likely wouldn't be around to see first hand what Aleister might put the priestess through,

The next two questions were a bit more complex, earning Lennix a searing dagger across his face as he paused to consider how to answer. At their core, the simple answer to both was yes. As far as potential inheritors of he Hallowthorne throne, Fenriz was the only one that remained. But even Lennix had no knowledge of potential living allies anymore. After their catastrophic fall from grace, information about them had been scarce. Whether there were any among that considered themselves among their ranks was hard to know. As far as why they were killed, even Lennix didn't entirely possess the answer to that one. All he did know is there was more to it than a simple well timed attack by vampire hunters.

Unexpectedly the questions shifted from Fenriz and his background, to that of his attacker's. As far as her clan went, he had no idea, and responded in kind. But Aleister, he certainly might. So badly did he want to inform her that his leader would know better than himself, naturally not out of any sense of kindness but to further incentivize her into Aleister's clutches.

Were he able to speak, he'd certainly have a lot of "guesses" as to what she was, none of them involving particularly kind language. But since he wasn't able to insult her properly, he simply answered in the negative.

And finally she asked of some person, who's name Lennix had never heard, and subsequently he responded negatively. But, she seemed important to her, so naturally deep down he could only hope that they were equally as alive as Fenriz's parents, and that they suffered on their way out.

Much like Lennix predicted, Fenriz was not out for long, beginning to stir as the bizarre interview was coming to a close. Though he was able to open his eyelids, his body still felt heavy, no doubt a lingering side effect of the spell he had been placed under. Still somewhat drowsy and somewhat delirious, the boy attempted to assess his situation as best he could. Yet despite this, almost every one of his senses were going haywire. He felt a pain on his face, and when he placed a hand to his cheek, he could feel a small burn mark. But even more alarming than that was the nearly overwhelming scent of blood, despite the fact that the only source he could immediately notice was the few traces remaining in his chalice. There was no way that was the source.

Fighting through his sloth like feelings he once more pushed himself out of his chair, slapping his cheeks a couple of times in an attempt to make himself more alert. This had a modest affect, though it was more due to his cheek burn than anything. In place of where he last remembered seeing Lixue were two piles of ash. Having seen the aftermath of Sinora's crusade, it didn't take him long to put together what had occurred. The twins were no more. But where was his companion? Turning his head, he got his answer. Lennix was, once more standing near the doorway that he had disappeared through before. To Fen's surprise, Lixue stood near him. Though something was… off about Lennix. He seemed to be standing in quite an awkward position for some reason.

As Fenriz approached the two of them, the smell of blood only grew that much stronger. Pushing that aside for now, Fenriz studied the frozen vampire, and in doing so seemed to fill in some of the blanks in his own memory. He remembered that Lennix offered him a spot in his own clan, and seemed to be upset when he turned him down. Though he was unaware of the specifics, Fen felt like he had a good grasp of what went down while he was out of it, what became of the twins, and why Lixue had felt so on edge this whole time.

Without taking his eyes off Lennix, Fenriz posed one simple question. A question he was already pretty sure he had an answer for, and was equally certain he wished he didn't know.

"Lixue… you're going to kill him, aren't you?"
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Aside from the minor pauses and clear disdain for the position she had placed him in Lennix provided all of the answers to her questions. While she herself cared nothing for Fenriz's parents the Priestess knew the pain of losing friends and family. Though even if it was true he would never believe anyone unless there was undeniable proof. Gaining such proof, however, would involve staying within Kurayo as well as delving further into a vampire clan that wished death upon Fenriz and herself once they had discovered her hostile actions towards them.

Ruminating on how to go about gaining more information on Fenriz's parents while at the same time hiding their activity from Aleister and his underlings the Undead focused on the frozen Lennix before her. While he himself will soon be gone from the waking world only herself and Fenriz would truly know of his passing. Taking on the guise of the Late Lennix could prove as a useful way to infiltrate the Blacklocks. It would be time consuming and extremely dangerous as having Fenriz play the role of Lennix will most likely fail as the child is far too naive and trusting. It's foolish, but considering that this vampire is simply a grunt it may go unnoticed while giving Fenriz enough time to gradually grow into the role.

While the future is unknown to her, her host's future and present were as clear as the ice that covered his undead body. "You have answered all of my questions without difficulties as promised I'll make it quick and painless". Raising her free hand towards the Lennix she prepared to intensify the cold that already embraced the nearly frozen vampire, but before the deed was done Fenriz stirred from his slumber as the spell had worn off.

As Fenriz posed his question to her, the Priestess did not take her eyes off of Lennix. Even after everything he had done and would have done to Fenriz the boy's innocence and kindness did not wish for his enemy's death. Even though the Vampire was still just a child he would have to learn about the world just as she had. "Yes, that is what you do to your enemies. If you let him live he will inform his clan of your existence". Keeping her neutral tone and expression as Fenriz would have to harden himself if he wanted to know the truth. "While I know you do not believe your parents are truly dead, the information I was given seems to be fact. Of course, I know you won't believe me or anyone, however, this is yet another reason as to why he must die. His leader, Aleister no doubt holds the full truth about your parents and why they killed them. Taking Lennix's Identity will give us a foot in the door while keeping the Blacklocks unaware of us".

"If you want to know the truth, killing and far more underhanded deeds will be required. If you wish to know the truth do not look away, you need to steel yourself, you need to lose your innocence just as Lennix and myself". Not waiting for a response, The Priestess fulfilled her promise to Lennix completely encasing the vampire in ice. As Lennix's undeath ended his body eroded into dust causing the ice to crumble and pile onto the floor in a similar fashion to the twin piles behind her.

With the deed done and the threat removed, Lixue turned to face Fenriz. Even though she had patted off most of the Twins dust some of it still clung to her. "Well, what do you want to do Fenriz? You could try and speak with Aleister, but he wants you and your line gone. Lennix may have convinced him to let you live, but it is doubtful considering his standing, and even if he did you would be nothing more than a bargaining chip". Along with her monotone speech, Lixue's face was very similar to the one she had when she threatened his life. Even with his parent's death, she offered him no sympathy as Fenriz believed his parents still lived. Her actions were cold and cruel, but she had to be as like her Fenriz would have to grow up if he wished to learn the truth.