Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
True to his word, Nemesis was on his way back to the Draconis Manor. It had been a few days and he allowed Lilith for the time to get ready for their meeting. To say that they had met on the best of standards would have been a great lie, but he refused to let such personal tidbits get in the way of business. Besides, he wasn’t as bitter as he had been back then. He already had enough on his plate as it was without that. The vaewolf’s emotions were shifted about and he wore a mask of uncertainty- one that he was been famed for a long time ago.

Approaching the house, he held his sword in its scabbard as he used the back of the hilt to knock so casually against the door. His recent behavior towards Lady Draconis had been extremely crude and unnecessary, even if it was to toughen her up in his own way. Celeste had been sure to inform him of such after they had left and came home. Begrudgingly he promised to play nicer with them in future arrangements. So when the door finally opened up, he entered without the dramatic flare from the last visit.

But apparently things had changed as his brows narrowed when he came face to face with several guards and their blades pointed squarely at his neck. So they took his advice, but Nemesis’ face showed that he wasn’t in the mood for games. He shooed the swords with his sheathed one, “Knock that off! One of you go and fetch Lilith!” He rolled his eyes as he brushed passed them- he would give an “A” for effort at least.

“Tell her that I’m here to discuss some things with her.” Nemesis decided to head into the den and look around while waiting for the woman to show up. He sighed a bit as he took to how much they had changed the manor since they had “acquired” it.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Lilith Jonquil

Character Info
Name: Lilith Jonquil
Alignment: CN
Race: Vampire
Class: Mentor
Silver: 1682
It was sort of amusing watching Aaryona deal punishment to the idiots. The older of the Draconis were the same ones who had tried to get her killed when Harkon had spared her. It made sense that they were so against Aaryona since it was against tradition. Some of the vampires that greeted Nemesis this time were mauled almost. She had sicced Eirik on them until they agreed to go with her wishes.

“I’m already here Nemesis. I just thought I would oversee how they would treat you now. Eirik had a few words with them as you can see.” They wouldn’t even look at her. “I would say that Aaryona and Eirik were very effective.”

Lilith was a beautiful looking vampire with deep crimson eyes and long brown curls. Her eyes spoke of wisdom beyond most vampires. Nemesis was the only one remotely as old as she was except for the vampires that were punished in the Draconis fold. “I want to thank you for helping Aaryona out. Her father would be thankful as well if he had made it through the void.” Lilith walked with Nemesis. She had said some things that were harsh in the past but she had been under a large amount of stress.

“Seeing Lady Celeste pregnant has hurt Aaryona but I suppose that is to be expected. You might not know this but she lost twins before we held the ball. It was why I was so rough with you I am afraid. I did not mean to be so rude to you.” She poured a bottle of blood wine into a glass and offered it to him. “Aaryona says you have a job for me. I would be glad to be of assistance to her like I was to Marius before her.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
He should have known that Lilith was waiting for him this entire time. But with Aaryona’s little brood distracting him momentarily, he was caught by surprise. “At least the little wolf has made himself useful aside from warming up his mistress’ bed”m he retorted. At least now her clan could begin to assemble and from there, things would transition more…smoothly. Still there was much for her to learn and he honestly taken back that Lilith hadn’t shown her the ropes about Kurayo. From what he had gathered, the woman had been here for a good while, though it was in the service of the former masters here before their untimely demise.

“Perhaps, but they both still have a lot to work on and above all right now they will need allies besides myself and my family.” He gave her a slight stare as she followed him into the next room. “It is not by kindness that I do this, but i suppose that you know why my path has crossed with hers yet again.” He was sure that as Aaryona’s confidant, Lilith knew about the deal that they had made with the goddess. Nemesis wasn’t a fan by any means of this, but the redhead had granted his wife the one thing she desired that was out of reach. Sergei would be born soon into this world, becoming a second generation vaewolf that would one day take his father’s place.

His mood lightened a bit when she recalled just why he had been reception had been poor back when he had attended that ball on the other realm so long ago. “As I recall, I was to be a little worm, was I not”, he spoke, matter-of-factly. For as bad of a temper that he could wield, he was surprising calm about it. Then again, he didn’t have time to waste and delve on the past. They could only move forward now until they pissed him off so greatly. But the promise to his wife about all this still lingered like a bad taste in his mouth. “In any case, my apologies then. I know too much about the loss of children, especially those that weren’t ready to come into the world yet.” He waved off the apology and took the glass in hand. “Well then, as I mentioned it before, you all will need more than me for an ally. To survive here, you all must be able to play nicely with some of the other houses here. One of which is an ally of mine, so by extension, the lord there will wishing to speak to a representative of the Draconis.”

Nemesis took a long sip of the blood wine and watched the full color of the drink to his leisure. “I had thought of Aaryona going there, but I’d prefer if someone who had better practice in the arts of negotiation be tasked with this. And that’s where you come in, Lilith. Lord Crowley can be one of several loyal allies to this house. Do as you need to sway his allegiance here.”

God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Lilith Jonquil

Character Info
“Your words certainly spoke to him. He doesn’t even let people look at her wrong anymore. The last thing he wants to be is a weakness to her.” Eirik was a warrior and from what Aaryona had spoken of him he hadn’t wanted to lose another lover. He would do whatever she wanted and whatever was needed.

Lilith nodded and thought about it. “I’m well aware but still… It is something I am thankful for. You do something I know I cannot. In all the years I’ve been helping her I am afraid that they do not respect me as they should. I was simply a thrall when I joined the Draconis and those causing problems still consider me as such. My title was only given because of my relationship with Marius. Most thralls die as thralls. Nothing more.”

Once the children got brought up she nodded. “Yes, the strain of that and Marius returning only to fight with Angela was a bit too much for all of us.” She sighed a bit as she thought of Angela and shook her head at the thought. Lilith listened to his plan and nodded. “I can do that for her. Harkon taught me how to persuade. When he took me in he said it was something in my eyes that told him I would be good for such things… Evidently, it doesn’t work in our own house though.”

She got a glass of wine for herself and sipped on it. “When would you be able to set up a meeting. It’s been a while since I have been of use. My particular skills aren’t that for fighting… I have barely learned Kurayo thanks to the predicament with that Lord.” That explained why she wasn’t as helpful to Aaryona as she could have been. “However, learning is something I can about this Lord if it will help her. If I get a time and place I shall be there." She bowed her head to him. She seemed so much more relaxed than the first time they had met.

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“He could be her greatest asset…or her most damning liability.” In whatever case, she will have to use him to her full advantage. Just as she would have to use Lilith and her talents to accomplish this goal he had in mind.

“I’ve never been one to settle for complacency. And I known Aaryona to face similar challenges, but respect will come when she takes it from them in the long run. Until then, I had promised to do what I can for her.” Marius wasn’t here to make sure that this clan would thrive in this city. The ruthless would see them as easy prey if they didn’t take care of matters soon. “Luckily for her, you weren’t like most thralls then.”

She seemed willing to speak to Lord Crowley, and he sipped at the wine some more. Fortunately the lord wasn’t the sort that was hard to bargain with. Especially if he was dealing with the likes of someone like Lilith. Of course, Nemesis kept quiet about that fact, which made him smile inwardly. “The meeting can be set up as soon as tomorrow if you’d like. I’ve already taken the liberty to talk it over with him. I can at least promise that Nikolas is a much more capable and efficient man than the one that had you in captivity. The young ones usually are, as I’ve been finding out in the last few centuries.”

He handed her back the glass as he departed. “I’d suggest to be ready by the morning. I’ll take you there myself.

—-

And just as he promised, Nemesis returned to lead her to Lord Crowley’s. The walk was close enough to their own house and the rather lavish manor with a bountiful courtyard stood to speak of how regal Nikolas was. Meeting with the guards, he informed them of their intentions before one of them accompanied the duo inside and through the house to the back where a large garden area stood and the dark haired lord was drinking something akin to tea, only it carried the same crimson that blood had. His golden eyes softly fell onto them, first gracing Lord Volkov and then lingered longer on Lilith. “Ah, Nemesis…this is the ambassador you spoke so much of recently? His words did no justice for you, madam.” He gestured for them to come join him at his table while sending the guards that were with him away a bit further from them. They weren’t needed for now- he trusted the Volkovs well and if they could vouch for this Draconis, then he surely would at least hear them out.

God Rules
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Lilith Jonquil

Character Info
“I would have to agree with the thing about young vampires,” she smirked just a bit as she took the wine glass from him. “I’ll be ready by the morning then.”

It had been a while since she had used her whims to secure anything for the Draconis. She was able to get dressed up in a beautiful white halter dress with gold trimming around the waist. It was low dipping down her chest and down her back. Many of her scars showed not that she minded. The Draconis brand on her back from her days as thrall but she didn’t go about hiding it. She put her make up on and her jewelry before pinning her hair.

Aaryona and Eirik did a double take as she left the house. Accompanying Nemesis she looked around the manor with her red hair. She bowed to Lord Crowley and put her hands clasped together in front of her. “Thank you, Lord Crowley for your kind words. I am Lilith Jonquil-Draconis, Ambassador and Mentor of Lady Draconis.”

Her manners were so much different here than regularly. She was using the charm that Harkon had practically beat into her. “It is an honor to meet you. I will admit that Lord Volkov has not told me that much about you but I am a quick study I assure you.” She offered him a smile from her colored lips.

Nikolas Crowley

Character Info
Name: Nikolas Crowley
Class: Merchant Lord
Silver: 45
Nikolas was a little more than his usual charming self as soon as he saw Lilith. He had to say that he wasn’t going to regret inviting her down here after all. Nemesis sat and stood by, reducing himself to a mere bystander. Not that the young vampire minded after all. His eyes continued to watch her deeply as he drank his blood tea. “Please, we don’t need titles around here. Not for a friendly discussion. Call me Nikolas, fair lady.” He smirked at Lilith as he poured the drink into their cups. “I’ve heard of Lady Draconis and her wish to establish a place here. Nemesis had shared a lot to me about your…predicament and quite frankly I have to offer my condolences towards your recent imprisonment. Had I been made aware of your plight then I would have stepped in.” He hadn’t liked that old fart that they took the manor from. So it didn’t bother him in the least to make some sort of allegiance with them.

“Please give Lady Draconis my regards then Lilith.” The woman wasn’t just beautiful, she had a way with words. Not only that, but her body language at times spoke even louder which amused him so. She had to be one of great age, perhaps like Nemesis himself. Soon he couldn’t help but to feel so out of place- a youngster speaking so formally to elders. It was a bit exciting for him, he would admit. “Ah, but he hadn’t told me much about you either. But be that as it may be, I control a fair share of the trading docks here. If there is anything you could seek from the mainland, I can do my best to see that you get it.”

Nikolas looked to the vaewolf, who gave a silent nod of his own while drinking. “It is nice to see a change of scenery though. Too many of the ruling houses are controlled by old men that lack a new vision. They are stuck in their old fashion ways which can be quite a bore. But you ladies stirred the town up a bit and even the Lord right here sees that your clan have potential. Perhaps we can speak further of some sort of partnership, given the right…incentives.” Nikolas flashed her a pearly white grin as his eyes danced about her dress.

Lilith Jonquil

Character Info
The vampire gave Nikolas a smile as he told her to discard the titles. It would do them well to be friendly with one another. “Thank you, Nikolas. If we are to be friends we should act like it too, something my Lady’s mother would say.” There was a slight annoyed tone to her voice before she chuckled. For everything Angela got wrong she could always one-up Lilith. It was annoying how good Rosenites were even if they were so much younger.

“It’s her wish to live in as much peace as we can. Being uprooted has caused her great distress. In her finest achievement, she was able to build an entire underground city for a large amount of vampires. We’ve since lost that but I have faith in her that she can someday rebuild. She is young perhaps too young for most of the things we put in front of her but she is reliable and noble in her cause.” Thinking about the old lord she shook her head. “It was nothing to deal with while we thought of an escape plan. Days were worse than that when I was a thrall under the previous Lord Draconis, I suppose you could name him my Lady’s grandfather in title.” She bowed to him again in respect.

She nodded and smiled towards him as he spoke. “I will keep such a thing in mind should I ever require anything.” There was a way he said it that made it seem like it was directly firmly at her. She stowed away the information for later and see if she couldn’t come up with something. It would be rude to throw away his offer without thought.

“Aaryona’s dreams are a lot bigger than most. I would dare to blame her mother for such thoughts. She tends to break the terrible traditions the Draconis have held for generations in favor of ones her mother would chose.” She waved her hand a little bit as she thought about it. “I hadn’t dreamed of Aaryona storming the place like she did. She took her clan back by force something I knew would probably have all eyes on her but I wasn’t able to give her advice on it due to the situation at hand. If anything I would say that part of her that doesn’t want to lose what’s hers is all her father. He was the previous Lord Draconis.”

She thought about his last words and nodded. “Incentives are what partnerships are built on. To give is to receive.” Lilith watched him with gentle crimson eyes. “In my day back when Harkon ruled these things meant terrible things. That isn’t something I see with the younger vampires of today. It is refreshing and yet because of my age, I am afraid as well. Change isn’t something we elders deal well with at all.” There was that laugh as she gave him another smile.

“It is far better to look after one another than to flounder alone in the dark. Many vampire houses have fallen due to their lack of cooperation. Many great vampires have died because they were too stubborn. I’ve seen many of those things during my day as a thrall to the Lord Draconis. So I do hope that we can reach an agreement for Aaryona’s sake. I want nothing more than to make sure that Marius’s daughter thrives.” Yet those last few words had her voice crack for a moment. Her heart broke thinking about it. When she realized she had lost it just for a moment she frowned. "It's not been easy losing him. I'm afraid that Marius and I were companions for many millennia on and off again resulting in Aaryona's birth. It is a change that I regret happening, losing him I mean. I look after Aaryona because that is what Marius would want me to do and what she needs most." This, however, had a stronger voice showing she wasn't the sort to be weakened by it. It was just something she had not thought about in a long time. Her survival came before her sadness and that spoke in her eyes as well.

Nikolas Crowley

Character Info
Name: Nikolas Crowley
Class: Merchant Lord
Silver: 45
“Indeed.” Oh Nikolas couldn’t quite take his eyes off of Lilith, but still he couldn’t exactly be rude to Lord Volkov. “We are all friends here, right? I think we can get along just fine.” As he poured himself some more to drink, he listened well to how her leader was and the sort of goals the young lady had as far as her clan. A place like Kurayo was a difficult choice to pursue those goals, mainly because of how things worked here for thousands of years. To accomplish such a feat, she would have to go through that tradition and even worse, those that had lived long to support it. “I see. We have discussed something about Lady Draconis already”, he said, finally freeing himself of her lovely image and his eyes fell onto Nemesis who gave him a swift nod in agreement. “Still, I like her resolve. Things have gotten to complacent for such an awful long time and change is coming in the winds. Whether the rest of the elders and other ancient ones like it or not, it will come, Lilith.”

His smile grew bigger and his eyes betrayed his innermost thoughts but he still kept his manners and wits about him and took a long sip. Something about this woman just stirred something in him and he couldn’t help himself. Lord Volkov probably didn’t foresee this coming, but he could tell that Nemesis knew something was going on with him. Perhaps she did as well; the folly of being a young vampire of a few centuries. “Please don’t hesitate at all. Feel free to approach me if you need anything.” Nikolas recollected himself leaned back into his seat. Aaryona had made quite the name for herself in such a short time- houses like his had already heard of what she had done since she arrived and underneath Nemesis’ “protection” many didn’t feel like going after hers. However, there were some of the oldest families that had disapproved of her invasion for a lack of a better word and would seek her head when the time was right. It was better to surround herself with as many friends here as possible.

“To give is to receive…I like that alot. But I do understand from where you are coming from. But I believe that you..eh your family will be able to endure and see the wonderful things that will over the horizon soon.”

His smile dropped for a bit when she spoke some more about her history and saw through the cracks of her beautiful armor. It touched him in a way and he gave the proposition of an alliance some serious thought before his warming smile returned. By then Nemesis could see what was blatantly going on with Nikolas and excused himself, better for those two to conversate without him. His part, after all, was over. Golden orbs sought for the vaewolf and watched him depart and then back to Lilith.

“I believe that we can forge a relationship between our two houses. I can make sure that you are further protected and also start assisting the Draconis in establishing a place in Kurayo’s economy. After all, wealth will be needed at some level to kept up with the rest of the vampire families. And the price?’ He leaned forward towards her direction, “I would like to be a friend to you, Lilith. An ear that can listen to anything you can’t tell anyone else. Even if you get bored of me at some point, I will still honor my end of the bargain, that I will swear on my bloodline. How’s that?”

Lilith Jonquil

Character Info
Lilith wasn’t new to enchanting those around her. Very rarely did she ever set out to do so like she was today. It was what Harkon trained her for. It’s what he said her purpose to the Draconis was. Marius made her more but she still very much had a slave mindset from dealing with it for so long. “That is my hope as well.” It was almost like she had him better than Nemesis could have hoped. It had been a long time since someone had just appreciated Lilith instead of trying to dominate her.

She watched as Nemesis left and smiled at a bit. “I have ideas about what we can bring to Kurayo. If you would be willing to meet with Lady Rose about it. Aaryona’s mother can be intimidating and mouthy at times but she is a good woman. If we wish to set up something in this economy we bring something from the fabled Sularia. Angela is a maker of enchanted artifacts and endless food. I’m sure that by talking with her and negotiating she would help us. Though she might help Aaryona for free if she discussed it. Angela is soft on her children but hard on everyone else. Even Nemesis has to deal with her.”

Lilith’s crimson eyes looked into his and she smiled at him. “You know in my long life Nikolas I’ve never had a friend that didn’t own my soul. A friend sounds very nice. I’m also not that easy to bore, I am not like most vampire elders. I think our friendship would be beneficial to both of us and to my charge. I would feel more at ease if you were to meet her. Perhaps after we set up the trade with Angela? She knows jack all about ships which is why I would prefer if I had someone experienced like you by my side when asking.”