Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Adjusting himself in his chair for better comfort, Nik looked to Lilith while casually watching Aaryona and Eirik continue with their lessons on proper etiquette. But his attention was centered on the tale she wove of herself as her master and lover. Cutting into his steak, he savored a piece of it, properly chewing while continuing the conversation. “Sounds like Harkon was an old fool. Brash, I’m aware, but I can’t help but disagree with such tasteless tactics he performed. I’ve heard of the ordeal of thralls, though it’s not too often that it happen these days, at least as far as I’m aware of.” Nikolas was an idealist, not harbored to the ways of the old. There was no point in living in the past- learning from it, yes that was a good thing. But being stuck in it, like so many other vampire families were instead of trying to adapt and evolve with the times, it made him weep for Kurayo’s future, or perhaps a lack of one.

“I see, so they can’t experience the true death?” He leaned forward, keeping that smile crossed his face as she continued. He had a hard time seeing Lilith as a wallflower of sorts, especially since she seemed so prideful nowadays. Her past, though, was certain to break even the most strong-willed individuals with the right circumstances. “Marius seemed like a great man. Would have loved to have met him. Then again, I probably wouldn’t have the pleasure of meeting his daughter, I suppose.”

His head tilted to the side when she turned the tide to him and he took another savory piece of his meal. It was an experience that he had yet to deal with himself. Courting and such, he was familiar with. Hell, even attending the even more risque and costly brothels, he was no stranger to. But love? Like what Lilith had with Marius and what Lady Draconis and Eirik have? He shook his head with a slight chuckle. “Afraid not. Never met the right woman. It will possibly be a long wait for me, but I do wish to feel such a way one day. A hopeless romantic I am.” He smiled as he got up from his seat, “Excuse me, friends. I’ll be right back.” With that, he left the room and headed into his study, closing the door before he went over to the fireplace and retrieved a fairly old book from the shelf as the fire roared. Flipping through a few pages of the journal, he read amongst him of an observing a young woman of fair hair and gorgeous blue eyes in his younger years.

“And I fear that my heart would be skipping with each time I saw that radiant sunflower. Though I lack the courage to speak to her and my will waivers everytime she walks by, my feelings for her grow with each new day. Serena, a name of an angel sent from the heavens above.”

His smile dropped as he flipped through more pages, silently going through them before he snapped the book shut. He didn’t want to remind himself of her, he hadn’t intended to. But that beautiful vampire had to bring it up. It wasn’t her fault, but he had promised himself to not be reminded of her. Yet he kept the journal for some reason.

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Aaryona groaned a bit and gave an apologetic look to Nikolas. “You don’t have to tell me twice. They have always been… quite the family but now there are even more of them. I will never get used to it.” She flashed him a smile. “Even though we are siblings… All of us are very much different from one another.”

Lady Draconis knew from the way Eirik was acting and looking at her that she was touching a nerve. It wasn’t like him to be so dressed up. It was sort of cute in his own little wolf way. Though he didn’t think it was. Aaryona had to hold in her chuckle as Nikolas complimented Eirik. Though she supposed this evening was more for Lilith and Nikolas than anything.

She had noticed the way they acted and she was happy for Lilith. Maybe she could get her happy ending after all even if her father was gone. Lilith smirked at his compliment as they sat down together. “Trust me, I have learned from being alive for so long. There was a time that the best look I had was rags and chains.” Lilith nimbly took the glass of wine and sipped on it.

As they watched the two lovebirds Lilith looked thoughtful. “We were quite different. Separated by class. I was the lowest of the low and Marius? He was the future king. I was merely a plaything gifted to him because he begged for my life. I wouldn’t really have called it begging though. There was a time when we thought we had everything… Harkon gave us the reminder that I was just as much his as I was Marius’s. I hadn’t felt that dirty ever in my life but it was a reminder not to cross him. He used it whenever he thought Marius was getting out of hand. I was a thrall, after all, nothing more nothing less… Though in the vampire hierarchy dirt is higher than a thrall is.” Her words drifted to his mind as she sipped on the glass of wine some more.

“Marius wasn’t like Harkon but… He wasn’t greatly different either. The Draconis lords are cursed with the inability to die. Each time they die a part of their humanity becomes lost. The more Marius fell victim to that… The more Harkon came out of him. I do not wish that for Aaryona. I suppose it is an odd thing to say that I have been living through her. My time in life has been long and I have done a great many things. She sees things through fresh eyes and many experiences that I have had she hasn’t. It brings me joy to see her happy perhaps because it was taken from me.”

Aaryona was showing Eirik a great many things at the table and being so patient with him. “I remember… Being found. Marius had led a group of their soldiers up into the mountains to corner my sire. See he was rogue and he made me… That made him a target for Harkon. I had been beaten and tortured to the point where I couldn’t talk or rather wouldn’t… I wouldn’t look into anyone’s eyes and my mine were firmly planted to the ground.” Lilith recalled the memory with a bit of pain in her voice.

“At first Harkon thought I had been a willing participant but Marius had his doubts. I was in chains and rags… I was a mess. Dirt and grime covered me from head to toe while my sire was dressed like a god. It always struck Marius the wrong way to see things like that. He was kind-hearted in many ways. It was the first time in a long time that I had someone stand up for me. Especially in my new life as a vampire. I was so weak from not feeding that as soon as the adrenaline had left me I fell and Marius caught me as he would several times in our life together. He personally bathed me, fed me, and then clothed me. A thrall I may have been but in his eyes, he didn’t want anyone to live like that. He taught me to speak and to look with confidence at people. It took a good many decades together but he was patient.”

She sipped on the wine some more as she chuckled. “To be honest that last bit is Eirik with Aaryona. He is very, very patient with her. She is very patient with him. Even now they are learning from each other. Love is something wonderful… Tell me Nikolas… Is there someone you have loved?”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Mon Dec 4, 2017 10:33 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“Fortuna…you wouldn’t…”, Vincent groaned as he trailed right behind her and headed back to their ship. The last thing he needed was to get caught in the middle of some stupid family feud- that wasn’t what he signed up for in the least.

“Interesting…family you have, Lady Draconis…”, Nikolas responded, not completely sure of what to make of this himself. But he suppose the experience wasn’t all too bad; for one thing he got himself some new trade routes and he threw a smile at the other reason, which was Aaryona’s mentor.

—-

Eirik gave Aaryona a stern look, not appreciating her jest. But he refrained from speaking against it and sighed when she kissed him. He had promised to be on his best behavior and he wasn’t going to mess it up now. When they were welcomed, the master of the house here smiled warmly and gestured for them to enter his home. “Always a pleasure to see you lot. Please think nothing of it, much.” He snickered among himself when he caught sight of the big, scary barbarian all dressed up. He did clean up nicely when the effort was placed onto it. Lady Draconis looked rather lovely herself yet his eyes glued onto Lilith, perhaps for a few more seconds than he should have. “Ah, what beautiful doves to grace my halls. And Sir Eirik, you are looking nice yourself. The wolf grumbled at the comment and couldn’t wait to rip these garbs off him.

“Again, think nothing of. What are friends for, after all?” He waved it off as they approached the dining halls and took their seats. While Eirik sat next to his mistress, Nikolas took his seat near Lilith. “I do try my best whenever I can. You, on the other hand, don’t have to try at all and yet you succeed.” He poured her a glass of wine and placed it to her; while filling his own glass, he looked to the couple as Eirik sniffed at the glass beneath his nose and attempted to swirl it around like she instructed.

Aye, I see, he spoke into her mind, as to not disturb the enjoyable atmosphere but he was curious. How much different were things for your and your beloved back then, if you don’t mind me asking. I’m glad that Lady Draconis is faring well and is happy, but what about yourself?

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:34 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

As soon as Furtuna came down the ramp Aaryona nodded to Vincent. She was trying not to laugh by the look on her face. “Mother has a way of making things worse… Thank you for putting up with her antics.”

“Antics… I’ll show her antics I’ll tie her to the bloody front of my ship for decoration.” Furtuna grumbled about as they made peace and set about finishing what she was set out here for. Once she was cheered up everything seemed to be better as everyone took a deep breath.

“At least… she isn’t as bad as Aelwen,” Lilith joked over to Aaryona just in earshot of Eirik and Nikolas.

“Oh… gods if this had been Aelwen we would have had to find a new island. I don’t care if Furtuna has a fleet… Aelwen’s anger control is smaller than she is,” the Draconis leader rubbed the back of her neck. “Though they are a lot alike if you don’t take into the fact that Aelwen’s temper is nearly on display at all times.” Lilith chuckled as they finished making sure everything was here.

Both houses were on their best behavior not only behavior wise in itself but also dressed nicely for the occasion. Aaryona’s red hair was swept back and up pinned with an elegant clip of sorts. Her dress was long and black. It was an off shoulder and showed off what bust she did have. Around her waist was a gold belt as decoration. She was chuckling at Eirik. “Well, you are at least a handsome monkey.” She leaned over and touched his cheek softly. “Thank you.”

Lilith was watching the exchange with interest. Her brown hair was in curls for the evening and she found herself wearing a simple red strapless dress. It hugged her curves and was oddly the same shade of red as her eyes. They greeted their host and Aaryona once again bowed. “Thank you for the help that you’ve given my family. I cannot thank you enough for the head start we’ve gotten.”

Lilith smiled up at Nikolas as she and the others got seated for dinner. “You look quite charming though I bet you always do.” There was a chuckle as she watched Aaryona and Eirik once more. “It is odd watching the young lovebirds at times. They do things much differently than I did.” Aaryona was showing Eirik how to smell the wine properly though she didn’t quite think Eirik would get it right away. “It was after a different time and place.” She smiled towards Nikolas again. “It makes me happy to see her happy and relaxed. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen her as such.”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 AM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“It’s no problem at all. I do hope that it won’t be a burden for him, given customs and such”, he replied. Eirik didn’t quite strike him of a wearer of fancy wears, but Nikolas could be surprised still. Aaryona seemed full of surprises as did those associated with her. He enjoyed watching Lilith’s smile towards him, but he soon had to pay attention to the business portion first as they spotted the oncoming airship. It had already been made aware by him that the sisters hardly knew one another and surely the other would be slightly peeved by Angela’s tactics to make sure the delivery was sent out.

His golden eyes shifted over to Aaryona before giving a shrug. “I let myself be placed into the madness. Don’t fret about it, Aaryona.” Of course, he hadn’t been prepared for the tempest that was Furtuna as she came out as soon as the ship settled. Vincent came out as well and was trying to warn the group of her moody temper. One that he and the rest of her crew had to endure for weeks now. “Now Furtuna, let’s think rationally about that. Your mother can make it so that you won’t have another drop if you went through that ridiculous idea. Please don’t pay your sister any mind, she’s been without a drop to drink for a while now, it causes her to be…on edge.”

After Furtuna cheered up and got Vincent to get the rest of them to help unload the stuff, Nikolas was left scratching the back of his head. “That would be me.” He signalled the men that worked his ships to follow Vincent and after a bit of inspection, the cargo was brought out to them, all accounted for. “Everything’s here, all right. We begin inventory at once and then start getting ready to market it.”

—–

Once that was settled and the date had been set for the dinner to celebrate, he had his staff at home prepare for the coming days. By the time the night had finally arrived, his home was ready. The house smelled of distinct aromas of meats and other dishes meant for Aaryona and Eirik, while blood steaks were specially made for Lilith and himself to enjoy with bloodwine. Nikolas was dressed to impress- a dark dress coat with a cream shirt beneath it, matching pair of dress trousers and boots. His hair, as always was kept neat and short and he couldn’t wait to see his guests arrive.

Eirik, on the other hand, couldn’t believe what he was wearing. A red cloak draped his body which also bore dress clothes and his wild locks were tied into a neat ponytail. The large man felt completely out of place. “Can’t believe I’m wearing these things. I feel like I’m one of those monkeys people dress up because they can…” But he was doing this for Aaryona at least, as to not be rude in disregarding the generous invitation.

Author: Aaryona, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

They stood at the airship port in Kurayo waiting for Furtuna to show up. There were 5 crates of rum behind her and three of Kurayo’s best as asked by Angela. Aaryona was filled in with the details and while she wasn’t happy about it she knew it was a necessary thing for her people. Her brown eyes looked over at him and nodded. “I appreciate you realizing how much having Eirik there would mean to me.” She smiled at him. “Of course Lilith would come as well. She is the reason all of this is happening.” She smiled as she reaffirmed what he said.

Lilith smiled at him. She was in a corset and pants together which was her regular wear when she wasn’t being formal. “Hopefully, Furtuna shows up soon.” However, once she said that Aaryona pointed up to the sky. There was an airship fitted with magic cannons coming that way.

“That would be her. I don’t know much about her other than she is my eldest sister here. Mother said she wasn’t happy and she had to steal her alcohol to get her to do it.” Aaryona sighed a bit as she looked over at Nikolas. “I’m sorry you had to get mixed up with my crazy family.”

Once the war airship docked and the bridge came out the half air genasi stomped down angrily. A man followed behind her waving his arms around in warning. “Where the hell is my alcohol. You are lucky she took it or I would be dumping all of this junk into the ocean RIGHT NOW.”

Aaryona face-palmed a bit and sighed. “Sister Furtuna… I was told to let you know I have three crates of Kurayo’s finest.” She held her composure as Furtuna stalked closer.

“Oh?” Furtuna crossed her arms and her anger simmered down. “I guess that makes up for the witch stealing my stuff.” She grumbled a bit. “Vincent get the crew to unload this shit so I can have my alcohol and be done with this. The next time you lot want something done… just ask and not steal my shit. DO NOT let her ask.” She sighed a bit.

“We’re sorry for that Furtuna. This should be the last time we need your assistance until the seafaring ships can make it out this way,” Lilith offered up an explanation.

Furtuna perked up a bit and sighed. “If she had said that I wouldn’t have been nearly as pissed. So… Where’s this Nikolas… I was told to let him inspect the cargo before we unload…”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

There was a lot to take in from what he was hearing between the two women. A lot that he was sure he wasn’t suppose to hear but they reassured him, But it still felt weird for Nikolas to be in the middle of this round of gossip. Apparently Nemesis had more secrets in his closet than he ever thought. “I figured as much from seeing Lucian and Nerezza. They do look much like him…uh…them I guess is a better word.” He was aware that the portals that caused such a mess with the realm had some effects on the people, but nothing like this. He was still wrapping his head around it but thought it was best to put it away for now.

“If he hadn’t, I won’t bring it up. I’m sure he has his reasons for never mentioning them to anyone outside his inner circle. I won’t lie and say I understand all of this, but perhaps in time I will.” Nikolas cheered up a bit in time for her to draw up the contract. It sounded well done and got to the point. Everything was accounted for, but being wise, he made sure to re-read it when it was his turn to sign, which he did. “Then it is settled. I hope for ours houses to have a long and healthy relationship.” He looked to Lilith and shot out a warm smile. At least she was here to usher this whole affair along. The idea was thrilling that he would have more imports to sell. And now the Draconis officially had another vampire house in support of them. “It was lovely meeting you, Lady Rose. I hope that our relationship will flourish as much as mine will with the Draconis.”

—-

It had been several weeks since he had trekked over to Sularia. But in the meantime, he did his best to assist Aaryona and Lilith in thriving on the island, teaching them of the politics and laws of Kurayo so that they didn’t overstep boundaries. All the while, Nemesis kept his word and continued training the former in becoming a more effective leader. When news arrived that Furtuna was to arrive, Nikolas came to their house and was excited to see what goods he would be stocked with. Also, it was one more reason to see Lilith. “We should celebrate this sometime, perhaps a dinner at my home?”, he requested. “It goes without saying that Eirik comes as well, my lady. Perhaps even Lilith too? None of this would have been possible without her, after all.” He gave the vampiress a friendly smile, though he wasn’t completely innocent in requesting her presence.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Angela mused to him. “Don’t worry Aaryona will find out about this. It’s just she wouldn’t be the one to go about it. My daughter isn’t stupid but she is stubborn. Still being as young as she is makes her do a lot of mistakes. Unlike you who have learned to use what you have, she hasn’t learned that yet. Though from what she has done in the past… make it known that my daughter is hardly a fool, that is my worry, not yours I assure you. In no way do I think you would insult my daughter. She’s been through much and Nemesis has taught her a lot already. Even encouraging her to kill her own brother for the sake of her clan. As you can imagine my relationship with Nemesis can be rocky at best because of that. My twins are because I tried to keep him from killing her as well though as I later found out wasn’t his intention at all. Rather safe than sorry. Not that I regret my loving twins at all. I would do it all over again to have them as they are precious.”

Lilith chuckled a bit. “I’m sure that Nemesis trusts you enough not to say anything. He is well aware of Angela’s title as a gossip.”

“Oye, I can hear you.” Angela waved her hand towards Lilith. “She’s not lying though. I’m the worst secret keeper though I only tell people I know I can trust or threaten with death. Death and I are best friends you know.” It was clear she was referring to death as a person. “As for the temperament thing… I’m aware. I had to stop him from slaughtering Adeluna a few months ago. It’s where we realized each other existed still and have been putting up with each other ever since.” She rubbed her head softly and smiled towards Nikolas. “I trust you and that’s why I’m putting my faith in you. I’m sure Nemesis knew that it was possible for you to meet me if this happened so he probably planned on it. If not he should have.” She shrugged a bit.

“Consider it done.” She cleared her throat and a parchment paper and quill appeared in mid-air. “Please take note.” The quill readied itself. “I, Angela Rose, hereby swear to a partnership with the Crowley and Draconis Households. For better or for worst should even their partnerships fold my word stays. I shall supply Koschei with artifacts and food. Should my passing happening my son Lucian Rose will take over as overseer of this trade. Things will need to be made to be adjusted as far as goods to be traded but he shall follow through in the name of the Red Court.”

When the quill was done writing she took the parchment paper and quill to sign her own name. She stamped the family seal next to it and slid it over to Nikolas. “Does this suffice?” After they worked out the details or he approved of it she smiled. “I shall load up Furtuna’s airships with my supplies for you. It will be quite a bit to last until the sea ships can make it to you from Arri. Cathrine knows all those fancy details but I can have a defined number for you after I bother her for it.” She seemed rather pleased she got to bother her older sister.

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

For the many titles she gave him, Nikolas acknowledged plenty of them though the goddess bit was a bit much to swallow, not surprisingly from a citizen of Kurayo. While the denizens didn’t deny that such being existed, they weren’t as everlasting as most believed. Instead, they worshipped the moons for they had existed since the beginning and would continue to as the gods would find themselves replaced over time. Still, he humbly nodded and saved face. The forest back home was a reminder of the past follies when entangling against the “immortals”. “Yes, I can understand her motive, coming from similar beliefs.But unlike her, I will use what is available to me and use it to carve my own way. Pride can be a dangerous thing and cloud minds if done overly.

Lady Rose certainly had quite the set of feats done and he could only wonder what her daughter would be able to do in her own right. What was really surprising was the ties that she and Lilith had, mainly that of Marius. While he enjoyed the wine that she offered, Nikolas listened to the terms of the trade between the houses. While he wasn’t too much thrilled with going behind her mistress’ back with these terms, he felt as though the two women here knew what they were doing. Besides, it was all for Aaryona’s benefit, he suppose.

The whole thing with Nemesis sticking his neck out for Aaryona soon made sense to him as he was informed of precious information that he was sure he wasn’t suppose to hear. But the news got a lot stranger than what he could imagine. “Fear not, I won’t speak of that to anyone, especially Lord Volkov. I doubt that he would be thrilled with that knowledge going outside of the few that he knew. He’s not known for having a great…temperament.” He’d prefer not to angry any of the parties involved, least of all him.

The further talk of arrangement was lost to him, but if her other daughter could produce the goods, then so be it. Pirates weren’t unusual to be around the island, much less in its ports and such. Much of their economy relied on those with far less good intentions. Lilith’s smile brightened up his mood though and he smiled back. “I’d prefer a sort of contract as I do for many of my deals outside of Kurayo. And as I told Lilith, the terms of my allegiance to your daughter will remain regardless of what happens in the future.”

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:32 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Angela waved her hand softly at Nikolas. “You are fine. I suppose I should explain just who I am. Lilith probably knew that without bringing you here you wouldn’t have understood.”

Lilith smirked just a bit. “No one in Parvpora quite understands. It’s better if I brought him here and had you tell him.”

Shrugging Angela nodded. “Sure, I am Angela. I’ve been known as Mother for a long time here in this world. Mother Death at first. Mother… then Mother Life. I am the Goddess of Life and Earth. I am also the current Queen of the Red Court. My daughter Aaryona is the product of two great houses. The once mighty Draconis and then the Rose family itself. As you as probably tell from her reluctance Aaryona isn’t thrilled about me helping her at all. She is the type of person who wants to build things with her own hands. She quite possibly got that from me. I was a master prodigy Alchemist and Healer before I was a Goddess. You might know my work if you’ve heard of the barriers in Komiteia and Varaz.” It wasn’t that she was gloating she was just proud of her work as an alchemist.

“Aye, she is also Marius’s ex-wife.” Lilith sighed a bit and chuckled towards Angela.

“Technically, he died and came back. He negated any marriage we had. Anyways! I am always busy with everything that I’m involved in. It means I have to make time so don’t feel so bad.” Angela relaxed a bit and got a bottle of wine as she poured them some glasses. “I make my wine myself,” she pushed the glasses towards them and smiled.

“I was hoping you could actually get food and artifacts for your daughter. Aaryona knows I’m here to negotiate the trade with you but not what I’m trying to get.” Lilith took the wine and sipped on it. “You’ve gotten so much better at winemaking since you’ve become a god here in Revaliir.”

“Artifacts? You’ve come to the right place. Normal enchanted items are my forte. Food as well. See my temple is found of food no matter what and well artifacts.” She waved her hand and thousands of rings glowing with enchantments appeared on the table. “I can make them as well.” With a wave of her hand, they disappeared. “I suppose that’s why Aaryona doesn’t want to ask me. I can make wealth appear with the flick of my wrist. She doesn’t consider that earning it… However, as long as she doesn’t know I’m making this happen for her—”

Lilith cut her off with a nod, “Then her pride as a leader won’t be hurt. We need the gold and silver though. You are her mother… I’ve seen you perform miracles even when you weren’t a god. You’ve loved them since the day they were born. Probably what has made them so stubborn is your will not to give up.”

Angela’s smile softened a bit and she nodded. “Aaryona especially so. She has always been my troublesome one never quite wanting her mother and father’s envy. Never wanting that second place trophy. She wanted the world. It’s why I asked Nemesis to look after her. She is naive but she can learn and that will make her a good leader.”

Lilith crossed her arms. “You are the reason why Nemesis keeps coming to the house then… Aaryona has been rather secretive about it… Or rather annoyed too much to talk.”

“I gave his wife the ability to conceive a child without losing it. I’m also Celeste’s personal midwife whenever the two of them want a child. That would be why Aaryona is annoyed with me. I didn’t give her the chance to tell me no. I can’t ask Raeguel to do it because Nemesis is in Kurayo. Those two cannot meet. Nemesis is aware of Raeguel. For our friend here… Let's just say Raeguel is Nemesis and Nemesis is Raeguel. The splitting of the world we come from did it. Nemesis isn’t involved with the twins because of Raeguel. Since we’re in the realm of keeping secrets.”

“Angela, is it a good idea to be saying things like that?” Lilith narrowed her eyes on Angela who was looking amused at Nikolas.

“Nikolas won’t tell what I am saying. He has something he doesn’t want to lose.” Lilith groaned again as soon as she realized that Angela was invading personal space again. “Anyways I am just making sure that my twins and Aaryona are safe. Nemesis wouldn’t betray the trust I have in him. Just like he knows I won’t betray him. I’m making a special case for Lord Crowley since he is going to be helping my daughter. I can convince my eldest daughter Furtuna to bring a whole war airship full of trading supplies to Kurayo for you lot. HOWEVER, she won’t be happy about it. Might I suggest giving her two cases of Kurayo’s finest alcohol? Along with the alcohol, I’m going to steal from her so she does this for us.”

Lilith chuckled a bit, “That’s dirty Angela. Stealing from your own kid so they do what you want them to do? That I wouldn’t have expected from you.”

“You try having a rogue pirate daughter who listens to no one but a bottle of rum.”

“Touche.” Lilith smiled at Nikolas as she chuckled more. “So is there a contract or are you just going to hold this over our heads.”

“I’m just going to hold this over your heads… Though if you want a contract for record's sake I can do one. Though in over fifteen hundred years I’ve never forgotten a bargain I’ve made. Also, since Lilith forgot and she was thinking about it earlier: I can send silk and good cloth to Aaryona as well.” Lilith sighed a bit as she drained the glass of wine.

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Lucian knew that she might have been lonely and despite his annoyance, he would have deal with it. He did care for his sister, no matter how agonizing she could get towards him. He suppose the same could be said about Lilith and Angela- he had never met Marius before but knew of his importance to both Nathaniel and Aaryona. Though it was the last thing on his mind when he learned of what his mother was up to. Just as he was about to protest, Angela had already beat her son to the punch and he sighed before leaving the three to their business.
Meanwhile Nikolas watched the goddess and could easily see that she was Lady Draconis’ mom from their resemblance. It was a most curious thing as he couldn’t help but to look at her with awe before looking to Lilith who for some reason seemed overwhelmed. There was a feeling in the air that he couldn’t exactly pinpoint but it was weird that it followed after the redhead’s words. Even stranger was her words about Koschei sinking if she was angered. Just who was this woman?

He blinked before he realized his rudeness and nodded. “Yes of course. I would like to make sure that all parties had been properly made aware of this. The proposal had been made between your daughter through Lilith and myself. Lord Volkov wanted to make sure that the Draconis house has plenty of friends to support her clan’s endeavors and to come to aid in cause there are some external conflicts from the other houses. Kurayo is a dangerous place without help. I had already expressed interest in aiding her, but Lady Jonquil felt it was necessary to help strengthen my business as well by exchanging trades between the two cities, or more to my house personally.”
“In any case, I do hope to see her fare well in Kurayo personally. Her house intrigues me.”

More so, someone in her stead did, but he kept face about that for the time being. “Forgive me for intruding on your personal time, my lady. If I had known you’d be very business right now, I would have suggested another time.”

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“I was hoping that Aaryona would have warned you all I was coming. She is as on top of things as always.” Lilith chuckled a bit. “It might be that no one was here when she tried though. Gods know your mother spends more time out of Sularia than in it.”

Lilith made a face at Nikolas before chuckling at the two of them. “Oh Lucy you need to lighten up. You’ll be king someday but you don’t have to act like it now!” Nerezza was laughing as she tickled at her twin.

Soon the elder vampiress nodded to Nikolas as he figured it out. Soon she shooed Nerezza off and chuckled at Lucian. “I’m sure its because the manor feels empty without Kaiser. As soon as she has children that will change. For now, she is relying on you and you are the closest thing she has. As unfortunate as that is for you. Also… As long as Marius isn’t around we tend to be civil with each other. Something about him always made us fight.” She chuckled a bit.

Angela was up in her study reading through advanced alchemy books. “There has to be something here,” the goddess was mumbling as she flipped the pages of 20 books at once. They were all opened on different tables. She had magic glasses on her that were reading all of the books or at least helping her. “Oh hello Lilith… Been a while. Haven’t seen you since I bit you. Oh wait… Last time I saw you was Nerezza’s wedding.”

The goddess was beautiful and it was clear where the other half of the beauty for the twins came from. Her waist-length red hair was pulled back and she had on a green and gold halter dress. “What are you even doing?” Lilith looked at all of the books.

“Looking up advanced alchemical recipes. I’m looking for the recipe for advanced eternal youth. Melina needs something in case I go and decide to die again.” Before Lucian could say anything she turned the page on every book and put up a finger. “I know if I go and die… I don’t get any grandchildren from you. You can leave now Lucian. This room is cramped with this many people.”

“Maybe if you didn’t have five tables full of books,” Lilith chuckled as Angela turned the pages and moved her glasses up onto her head.

“Very funny Lilith. Har har.” She tilted her head and looked at Nikolas. Once Lucian was gone Angela stood up and locked the door. “I don’t have to say what will happen if someone comes after my darling twins… Nemesis might not care but…” The room washed over with a pressure so fierce that Lilith gasped for air. Soon though Angela had a smile on her face as it dissipated. “I’m just a concerned mother.

“I’ve already made sure of that Angela. You have my word.” Angela studied the woman for a few moments before sighing. “Besides the last thing I would want to do is piss off someone who could sink the entire island of Koschei.” Lilith waved her hand about.

“Very well.” Angela said amused as she sat down in her chair and two crystal chairs were summoned. “Please sit so we can discuss this deal with Kurayo and Sularia. I will have to talk with my sister but for the first trade I can send my daughter Furtuna with an order for immediate trading.” She pointed at Nikolas. “I’m assuming she brought you so that you can talk with me about it. You’ll find that I’m easy to negotiate with.”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“Yes, yes. I will agree to those terms. Just as I have with Nemesis, I will not unveil information that you will not wish to be discussed with a third party.” Nikolas had no intention of ruining what could be a beautiful partnership, especially if it meant angering Lilith. That was about the last thing he wished to do right now. “I’ll follow your lead into this, after all, you know so much more about Madam Rose than I do.” He gave her a polite smile and they spent the rest of their time talking about various things before she was to take her leave for the eve.
A few days later when he had received word to come to the Draconis House, he came with a pair of guards that were left at the door as he ventured inside. Aaryona was a beauty in her own right, but ever since entering, the rather large and dark man watched him with some fierce staring. He gathered that whoever he was, he was protective for her so he kept his distance and manners. Not that she had his attention in that regard. “As do I”, he agreed with a seldom smile before he looked to the man and gave him a more sheepish smile. The portal was made the duo crossed through landed them into the desert heat, something he wasn’t used to at all. Thankfully it was only mildly irritating and they walked around a bit before he noticed a young man that bared resemblance to Lord Volkov. It wasn’t heavily implied but it might had been of his youth. Nikolas stared at him for a bit while he looked to the two and bowed. “Hello Lilith, I wasn’t planning on seeing you today. And it is nice to meet you, Lord Crowley.”

“Likewise.”

“Mother’s in her study…”, he started to say before he was pounced by his flesh and blood. “I told you not call me that, Nerezza!” Nikolas looked at the girl as well- she too looked like the vaewolf. Soon his memory recalled what Lilith had once said to him about Angela and Nemesis having a history…

The young lord put two and two together and mouthed an “ooooh” to her as the siblings talked to each other. “You’re my only twin sister, Rezza. I’ll help you, just get off of me!” Lilith was able to convince Nerezza to leave him be for a bit while he was still needed. Nikolas just watched on with wide eyes as he hadn’t quite expected anything like that.

“Yes, and she’s also the more annoying one”, Lucian returned as he was helped up to his feet. “It’s been done for a while now, but you wouldn’t be able to tell since she’s usually here when Kaiser is away on business. Anyway, I’ll lead you to mother.” The three headed into the goddess’ study where she was surely dealing some sort of work since she’d been in there for quite a while. “I’m surprise that you came here, given the relationship between you two…”, he stated before opening the door. “Mother, Lilith is here with a Lord Crowley. Apparently he’s a new ally to Aaryona and wishes to discuss trading between Kurayo and Sularia.”

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Lilith chuckled a bit. “Before Aaryona was a terrifying vampire queen she was just an older sister to four younger siblings. Angela for as great of a healer as she can be can’t sew worth a damn. So she took charge and fixed her sibling’s clothes. Wasn’t that long ago with her younger sister got married and she had to fix her dress.” There were things only being a normal person could teach. “Angela raised them in a small cabin despite their status as nobles.”

Thinking for a moment she smiled. “Whatever you see when we talk to Angela I would prefer if you didn’t say anything in the same of the agreement.” She gave a wink.

Once they had the made the arrangements Aaryona opened a portal for them. “I’ll wait here since someone has to watch the clan. Thank you, Lilith, for speaking to my mother. I hope that we become better friends as well Nikolas when you come back.” Lilith nodded and took Nikolas through the portal. It was a direct link to the indoor garden of the Red Manor.

“She is good. We should be able to go into the foyer from here.” Lilith smirked at him and took him through the hallway finally reaching the main foyer. There stood a look-alike of Nemesis except his eyes were green and red. “Lucian, where is your mother at today?”

There was joyous squealing down the hallway as Lilith gently pulled Nikolas off to the side. Another white-haired Nemesis like woman appeared and tackled the boy. She had gold eyes. “LUCY!!!” She was squealing as she rubbed her cheek against his. “You promised you would spend today with your only important sister.”

Lilith took a sigh a bit. “Hello Nerezza, I hope we can borrow your brother for a bit. These are the twins Nerezza and Lucian. This is Lord Crowley from Kurayo. We’re hoping to establish a trade route for your sister.”

Nerezza had a less than amused look on her face as she pulled herself up. “Fine, but he promised me that today he would spend time with me! He said he would help me pick out the carpets for Kaiser and mine’s new manor!”

“Again congratulations on your marriage to Kaiser.” Lilith’s words made Nerezza squeal again and she took off. After a sigh, she looked at Lucian. “It’s hard to believe she’s the stronger of the two of you when she has her magic… I’m sorry about that.” She offered a hand to help Lucian up. “She’s in a good mood today… Her new manor must be done?”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

He listened good and well as she explained the whole situation that was her turning. Pity that it happened under such dire situations, but he suppose nothing could be done about that. Besides, had she not undergone such a past, she wouldn’t be here to grace his home today. It was a pity though that she lost everything near and dear over the course of her life. One had to think that she was primarily continuing on with life for the sole purpose of duty. If so, what sort of life was that? For now, he couldn’t voice his opinions about that for it wasn’t really any of Nikolas’ business.

“Sounds a bit like my father, Albert. He too was very strict and a hassler for the rules. If anyone stepped out of line, especially if it threatened the livelihood of the business, then there was hell to pay. Fortunately I knew how to tread lightly and not get on his bad side, for the most part. I don’t like to ruffle someone’s feathers unless I absolutely must.”

He was curious as to why her Lady did not take advantage of her birth rights and have her homeland fund her. Starting out from scratch was a difficult manner on its own- but in this city it was damn sure infuriating. But he supposed that he could think a good amount of reasons why she’d want to do this on her own.

The young vampire cocked his head innocently to the side when told of Aaryona’s trade prior to coming to Kurayo. “Intriguing, that is definitely something outside of the box. Perhaps she could take that up again, especially if done very well. As I’m sure you have seen from the other families, fashion is a big part of the culture here. Taking advantage of that as well as producing trade routes to Sularia could generate a good deal of wealth for you all.”

“I suppose that Nemesis wouldn’t want me to know that tidbit. He is quite private about his life outside of his business affairs. I won’t pry about it, sorta a gentlemen’s agreement. Regardless, I do look forward to discussing the matter further.”

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Lilith watched Nikolas for a while before she spoke from her deep thoughts. “It was a long time ago. Something was rustling outside the farm house. Father had gotten his sword to investigate. The next thing I knew my mother and brothers were being corralled like cattle. A single vampire. His name was Edgar Draconis, a rogue vampire from the prestigious vampire family that held rule over the land. By day the Draconis used their human army to patrol and by night they took care of business themselves. We knew of them but it was against their laws to do what was happening.” Lilith shook her head for a moment. “He killed my whole family and sparred me for a ‘companion’. Chained me up and led me around like a prize. I was twenty at the time. Twenty-five when Harkon had captured him and brought us back. I swear that Marius looked at me the same way you do now. Except I didn’t speak. I was so scared and I couldn’t look at people without being scolded.”

Her red eyes flickered back to his. “Harkon handed down the death sentence and killed him immediately but when he went to kill me. Marius stopped him. It wasn’t my fault. That was when I was branded as thrall to Harkon and Marius. Primarily to Marius but if he stepped out of line Harkon taught him a lesson through me. Harkon ruled his house harsh and barely bent the rules. He did it for me and he never let us forget he did. So for me in my long life I have always had my soul owned by someone. Aaryona owns me now even if she doesn’t consider it to be that. She is still head of the house that enslaved me. Not that I give her ill will. Harkon’s sins are not her own.”

She told him because he was right she had never sat down and told anyone before. She had never showed those scars and maybe Aaryona didn’t know everything that had happened. “That is just a scrap of my pain. How I live my life so reserved… How I’ve survived thousands of years through the torment of my rebirth.” She took his hand and walked with him as they spoke.

Her eyes stayed on the koi fish. She had never really ventured far so she had never seen many of the fish before. “Aaryona had thought of going to her mother before but most of the wealth comes from the family reserves in Arri. Eventually Aaryona would like to not take from it but the situation right now is a little too dire not to. This will help her hold her own especially if she can speak with her aunt, the current head of trade in Sularia, about all of this. Arri is an empire of wealth and Aaryona is entitled to it being one of the daughters of one of the great queens. I have seen many children of Angela’s roaming in Kurayo though Aaryona might now realize it. She has many allies here but vampire houses are better for what we’re aiming for.”

She thought about it and shrugged. “In the past the Draconis House made money off taxes. The way Harkon ran it was almost like he was king to his own kingdom. He offered protection from neighboring vampire families and the humans who lived there were taxed for that protection. When Aaryona had her city it was a textile trade. She had managed to make fabrics and clothing to sell. She taught her vampires how to sew and they managed to make good money off of it. The way the girl thinks and comes up with her plans is generally in the way I see her mother doing it. That doesn’t surprise me, for most of Aaryona’s life Marius wasn’t there. She learned everything she knows from Angela and Angela’s culture. Which is why she needs a teacher now. Angela and Nemesis also have history though… You will probably see it when we go to see the Red Queen.”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“Sularia…yes, I’ve heard of that place. So that is where she is from…” He was only familiar with it in name, not that he had business affairs with that nation. But he suppose that exotic goods would do his business very well regardless. “Enchanted artifacts and endless food….sounds delightful. I’m pretty sure there’s a market hungry for such things here. We can hash out the details about that with either Lady Draconis or Rose, whenever possible. I’d look forward to the negotiations.” Honestly he hadn’t expected much from this bargain, but it was a turn of events for the better.

But the real prize was when Lilith accepted his offer of friendship. The delighted look on his face when she accepted it was priceless. “Yes, yes. I knew I felt something much different about you at the start of this. Though, I am concerned about that whole “owning souls” bit you mentioned. Just think of me as the sort of person you can talk about anything with. You seem like the reserved sort, but even then you can’t keep everything inside forever. It’ll linger like venom…”

Nikolas stood up and finished his drink before his hand came over to her. “Come walk with me, we can discuss some more.” He led Lilith around the beautiful gardens around them before reaching the rather large koi pond. His eyes and smile never left her as he showed her around. “I have no problem assisting in the trade setup. For generations my family had been profiting off on trades to the mainland, particularly Abed. I’m sure that Sularia will produce similar results in gaining us plenty of profit. Father had been a ruthless profiteer but I prefer a much more delicate touch. We differ in many ways, but the goal has always been the same regardless- The Crowley empire continues onward, strongly into the future. Have you or Lady Draconis have any thoughts on how you shall thrive here?”

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Lilith wasn’t new to enchanting those around her. Very rarely did she ever set out to do so like she was today. It was what Harkon trained her for. It’s what he said her purpose to the Draconis was. Marius made her more but she still very much had a slave mindset from dealing with it for so long. “That is my hope as well.” It was almost like she had him better than Nemesis could have hoped. It had been a long time since someone had just appreciated Lilith instead of trying to dominate her.

She watched as Nemesis left and smiled at a bit. “I have ideas about what we can bring to Kurayo. If you would be willing to meet with Lady Rose about it. Aaryona’s mother can be intimidating and mouthy at times but she is a good woman. If we wish to set up something in this economy we bring something from the fabled Sularia. Angela is a maker of enchanted artifacts and endless food. I’m sure that by talking with her and negotiating she would help us. Though she might help Aaryona for free if she discussed it. Angela is soft on her children but hard on everyone else. Even Nemesis has to deal with her.”

Lilith’s crimson eyes looked into his and she smiled at him. “You know in my long life Nikolas I’ve never had a friend that didn’t own my soul. A friend sounds very nice. I’m also not that easy to bore, I am not like most vampire elders. I think our friendship would be beneficial to both of us and to my charge. I would feel more at ease if you were to meet her. Perhaps after we set up the trade with Angela? She knows jack all about ships which is why I would prefer if I had someone experienced like you by my side when asking.”

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“Indeed.” Oh Nikolas couldn’t quite take his eyes off of Lilith, but still he couldn’t exactly be rude to Lord Volkov. “We are all friends here, right? I think we can get along just fine.” As he poured himself some more to drink, he listened well to how her leader was and the sort of goals the young lady had as far as her clan. A place like Kurayo was a difficult choice to pursue those goals, mainly because of how things worked here for thousands of years. To accomplish such a feat, she would have to go through that tradition and even worse, those that had lived long to support it. “I see. We have discussed something about Lady Draconis already”, he said, finally freeing himself of her lovely image and his eyes fell onto Nemesis who gave him a swift nod in agreement. “Still, I like her resolve. Things have gotten to complacent for such an awful long time and change is coming in the winds. Whether the rest of the elders and other ancient ones like it or not, it will come, Lilith.”

His smile grew bigger and his eyes betrayed his innermost thoughts but he still kept his manners and wits about him and took a long sip. Something about this woman just stirred something in him and he couldn’t help himself. Lord Volkov probably didn’t foresee this coming, but he could tell that Nemesis knew something was going on with him. Perhaps she did as well; the folly of being a young vampire of a few centuries. “Please don’t hesitate at all. Feel free to approach me if you need anything.” Nikolas recollected himself leaned back into his seat. Aaryona had made quite the name for herself in such a short time- houses like his had already heard of what she had done since she arrived and underneath Nemesis’ “protection” many didn’t feel like going after hers. However, there were some of the oldest families that had disapproved of her invasion for a lack of a better word and would seek her head when the time was right. It was better to surround herself with as many friends here as possible.

“To give is to receive…I like that alot. But I do understand from where you are coming from. But I believe that you..eh your family will be able to endure and see the wonderful things that will over the horizon soon.”

His smile dropped for a bit when she spoke some more about her history and saw through the cracks of her beautiful armor. It touched him in a way and he gave the proposition of an alliance some serious thought before his warming smile returned. By then Nemesis could see what was blatantly going on with Nikolas and excused himself, better for those two to conversate without him. His part, after all, was over. Golden orbs sought for the vaewolf and watched him depart and then back to Lilith.

“I believe that we can forge a relationship between our two houses. I can make sure that you are further protected and also start assisting the Draconis in establishing a place in Kurayo’s economy. After all, wealth will be needed at some level to kept up with the rest of the vampire families. And the price?’ He leaned forward towards her direction, “I would like to be a friend to you, Lilith. An ear that can listen to anything you can’t tell anyone else. Even if you get bored of me at some point, I will still honor my end of the bargain, that I will swear on my bloodline. How’s that?”

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

The vampire gave Nikolas a smile as he told her to discard the titles. It would do them well to be friendly with one another. “Thank you, Nikolas. If we are to be friends we should act like it too, something my Lady’s mother would say.” There was a slight annoyed tone to her voice before she chuckled. For everything Angela got wrong she could always one-up Lilith. It was annoying how good Rosenites were even if they were so much younger.

“It’s her wish to live in as much peace as we can. Being uprooted has caused her great distress. In her finest achievement, she was able to build an entire underground city for a large amount of vampires. We’ve since lost that but I have faith in her that she can someday rebuild. She is young perhaps too young for most of the things we put in front of her but she is reliable and noble in her cause.” Thinking about the old lord she shook her head. “It was nothing to deal with while we thought of an escape plan. Days were worse than that when I was a thrall under the previous Lord Draconis, I suppose you could name him my Lady’s grandfather in title.” She bowed to him again in respect.

She nodded and smiled towards him as he spoke. “I will keep such a thing in mind should I ever require anything.” There was a way he said it that made it seem like it was directly firmly at her. She stowed away the information for later and see if she couldn’t come up with something. It would be rude to throw away his offer without thought.

“Aaryona’s dreams are a lot bigger than most. I would dare to blame her mother for such thoughts. She tends to break the terrible traditions the Draconis have held for generations in favor of ones her mother would chose.” She waved her hand a little bit as she thought about it. “I hadn’t dreamed of Aaryona storming the place like she did. She took her clan back by force something I knew would probably have all eyes on her but I wasn’t able to give her advice on it due to the situation at hand. If anything I would say that part of her that doesn’t want to lose what’s hers is all her father. He was the previous Lord Draconis.”

She thought about his last words and nodded. “Incentives are what partnerships are built on. To give is to receive.” Lilith watched him with gentle crimson eyes. “In my day back when Harkon ruled these things meant terrible things. That isn’t something I see with the younger vampires of today. It is refreshing and yet because of my age, I am afraid as well. Change isn’t something we elders deal well with at all.” There was that laugh as she gave him another smile.

“It is far better to look after one another than to flounder alone in the dark. Many vampire houses have fallen due to their lack of cooperation. Many great vampires have died because they were too stubborn. I’ve seen many of those things during my day as a thrall to the Lord Draconis. So I do hope that we can reach an agreement for Aaryona’s sake. I want nothing more than to make sure that Marius’s daughter thrives.” Yet those last few words had her voice crack for a moment. Her heart broke thinking about it. When she realized she had lost it just for a moment she frowned. "It's not been easy losing him. I'm afraid that Marius and I were companions for many millennia on and off again resulting in Aaryona's birth. It is a change that I regret happening, losing him I mean. I look after Aaryona because that is what Marius would want me to do and what she needs most." This, however, had a stronger voice showing she wasn't the sort to be weakened by it. It was just something she had not thought about in a long time. Her survival came before her sadness and that spoke in her eyes as well.

Author: Nikolas Crowley, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

Nikolas was a little more than his usual charming self as soon as he saw Lilith. He had to say that he wasn’t going to regret inviting her down here after all. Nemesis sat and stood by, reducing himself to a mere bystander. Not that the young vampire minded after all. His eyes continued to watch her deeply as he drank his blood tea. “Please, we don’t need titles around here. Not for a friendly discussion. Call me Nikolas, fair lady.” He smirked at Lilith as he poured the drink into their cups. “I’ve heard of Lady Draconis and her wish to establish a place here. Nemesis had shared a lot to me about your…predicament and quite frankly I have to offer my condolences towards your recent imprisonment. Had I been made aware of your plight then I would have stepped in.” He hadn’t liked that old fart that they took the manor from. So it didn’t bother him in the least to make some sort of allegiance with them.

“Please give Lady Draconis my regards then Lilith.” The woman wasn’t just beautiful, she had a way with words. Not only that, but her body language at times spoke even louder which amused him so. She had to be one of great age, perhaps like Nemesis himself. Soon he couldn’t help but to feel so out of place- a youngster speaking so formally to elders. It was a bit exciting for him, he would admit. “Ah, but he hadn’t told me much about you either. But be that as it may be, I control a fair share of the trading docks here. If there is anything you could seek from the mainland, I can do my best to see that you get it.”

Nikolas looked to the vaewolf, who gave a silent nod of his own while drinking. “It is nice to see a change of scenery though. Too many of the ruling houses are controlled by old men that lack a new vision. They are stuck in their old fashion ways which can be quite a bore. But you ladies stirred the town up a bit and even the Lord right here sees that your clan have potential. Perhaps we can speak further of some sort of partnership, given the right…incentives.” Nikolas flashed her a pearly white grin as his eyes danced about her dress.

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“I would have to agree with the thing about young vampires,” she smirked just a bit as she took the wine glass from him. “I’ll be ready by the morning then.”

It had been a while since she had used her whims to secure anything for the Draconis. She was able to get dressed up in a beautiful white halter dress with gold trimming around the waist. It was low dipping down her chest and down her back. Many of her scars showed not that she minded. The Draconis brand on her back from her days as thrall but she didn’t go about hiding it. She put her make up on and her jewelry before pinning her hair.

Aaryona and Eirik did a double take as she left the house. Accompanying Nemesis she looked around the manor with her red hair. She bowed to Lord Crowley and put her hands clasped together in front of her. “Thank you, Lord Crowley for your kind words. I am Lilith Jonquil-Draconis, Ambassador and Mentor of Lady Draconis.”

Her manners were so much different here than regularly. She was using the charm that Harkon had practically beat into her. “It is an honor to meet you. I will admit that Lord Volkov has not told me that much about you but I am a quick study I assure you.” She offered him a smile from her colored lips.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“He could be her greatest asset…or her most damning liability.” In whatever case, she will have to use him to her full advantage. Just as she would have to use Lilith and her talents to accomplish this goal he had in mind.

“I’ve never been one to settle for complacency. And I known Aaryona to face similar challenges, but respect will come when she takes it from them in the long run. Until then, I had promised to do what I can for her.” Marius wasn’t here to make sure that this clan would thrive in this city. The ruthless would see them as easy prey if they didn’t take care of matters soon. “Luckily for her, you weren’t like most thralls then.”

She seemed willing to speak to Lord Crowley, and he sipped at the wine some more. Fortunately the lord wasn’t the sort that was hard to bargain with. Especially if he was dealing with the likes of someone like Lilith. Of course, Nemesis kept quiet about that fact, which made him smile inwardly. “The meeting can be set up as soon as tomorrow if you’d like. I’ve already taken the liberty to talk it over with him. I can at least promise that Nikolas is a much more capable and efficient man than the one that had you in captivity. The young ones usually are, as I’ve been finding out in the last few centuries.”

He handed her back the glass as he departed. “I’d suggest to be ready by the morning. I’ll take you there myself.

—-

And just as he promised, Nemesis returned to lead her to Lord Crowley’s. The walk was close enough to their own house and the rather lavish manor with a bountiful courtyard stood to speak of how regal Nikolas was. Meeting with the guards, he informed them of their intentions before one of them accompanied the duo inside and through the house to the back where a large garden area stood and the dark haired lord was drinking something akin to tea, only it carried the same crimson that blood had. His golden eyes softly fell onto them, first gracing Lord Volkov and then lingered longer on Lilith. “Ah, Nemesis…this is the ambassador you spoke so much of recently? His words did no justice for you, madam.” He gestured for them to come join him at his table while sending the guards that were with him away a bit further from them. They weren’t needed for now- he trusted the Volkovs well and if they could vouch for this Draconis, then he surely would at least hear them out.

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

“Your words certainly spoke to him. He doesn’t even let people look at her wrong anymore. The last thing he wants to be is a weakness to her.” Eirik was a warrior and from what Aaryona had spoken of him he hadn’t wanted to lose another lover. He would do whatever she wanted and whatever was needed.

Lilith nodded and thought about it. “I’m well aware but still… It is something I am thankful for. You do something I know I cannot. In all the years I’ve been helping her I am afraid that they do not respect me as they should. I was simply a thrall when I joined the Draconis and those causing problems still consider me as such. My title was only given because of my relationship with Marius. Most thralls die as thralls. Nothing more.”

Once the children got brought up she nodded. “Yes, the strain of that and Marius returning only to fight with Angela was a bit too much for all of us.” She sighed a bit as she thought of Angela and shook her head at the thought. Lilith listened to his plan and nodded. “I can do that for her. Harkon taught me how to persuade. When he took me in he said it was something in my eyes that told him I would be good for such things… Evidently, it doesn’t work in our own house though.”

She got a glass of wine for herself and sipped on it. “When would you be able to set up a meeting. It’s been a while since I have been of use. My particular skills aren’t that for fighting… I have barely learned Kurayo thanks to the predicament with that Lord.” That explained why she wasn’t as helpful to Aaryona as she could have been. “However, learning is something I can about this Lord if it will help her. If I get a time and place I shall be there." She bowed her head to him. She seemed so much more relaxed than the first time they had met.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

He should have known that Lilith was waiting for him this entire time. But with Aaryona’s little brood distracting him momentarily, he was caught by surprise. “At least the little wolf has made himself useful aside from warming up his mistress’ bed”m he retorted. At least now her clan could begin to assemble and from there, things would transition more…smoothly. Still there was much for her to learn and he honestly taken back that Lilith hadn’t shown her the ropes about Kurayo. From what he had gathered, the woman had been here for a good while, though it was in the service of the former masters here before their untimely demise.

“Perhaps, but they both still have a lot to work on and above all right now they will need allies besides myself and my family.” He gave her a slight stare as she followed him into the next room. “It is not by kindness that I do this, but i suppose that you know why my path has crossed with hers yet again.” He was sure that as Aaryona’s confidant, Lilith knew about the deal that they had made with the goddess. Nemesis wasn’t a fan by any means of this, but the redhead had granted his wife the one thing she desired that was out of reach. Sergei would be born soon into this world, becoming a second generation vaewolf that would one day take his father’s place.

His mood lightened a bit when she recalled just why he had been reception had been poor back when he had attended that ball on the other realm so long ago. “As I recall, I was to be a little worm, was I not”, he spoke, matter-of-factly. For as bad of a temper that he could wield, he was surprising calm about it. Then again, he didn’t have time to waste and delve on the past. They could only move forward now until they pissed him off so greatly. But the promise to his wife about all this still lingered like a bad taste in his mouth. “In any case, my apologies then. I know too much about the loss of children, especially those that weren’t ready to come into the world yet.” He waved off the apology and took the glass in hand. “Well then, as I mentioned it before, you all will need more than me for an ally. To survive here, you all must be able to play nicely with some of the other houses here. One of which is an ally of mine, so by extension, the lord there will wishing to speak to a representative of the Draconis.”

Nemesis took a long sip of the blood wine and watched the full color of the drink to his leisure. “I had thought of Aaryona going there, but I’d prefer if someone who had better practice in the arts of negotiation be tasked with this. And that’s where you come in, Lilith. Lord Crowley can be one of several loyal allies to this house. Do as you need to sway his allegiance here.”

Author: Lilith Jonquil, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

It was sort of amusing watching Aaryona deal punishment to the idiots. The older of the Draconis were the same ones who had tried to get her killed when Harkon had spared her. It made sense that they were so against Aaryona since it was against tradition. Some of the vampires that greeted Nemesis this time were mauled almost. She had sicced Eirik on them until they agreed to go with her wishes.

“I’m already here Nemesis. I just thought I would oversee how they would treat you now. Eirik had a few words with them as you can see.” They wouldn’t even look at her. “I would say that Aaryona and Eirik were very effective.”

Lilith was a beautiful looking vampire with deep crimson eyes and long brown curls. Her eyes spoke of wisdom beyond most vampires. Nemesis was the only one remotely as old as she was except for the vampires that were punished in the Draconis fold. “I want to thank you for helping Aaryona out. Her father would be thankful as well if he had made it through the void.” Lilith walked with Nemesis. She had said some things that were harsh in the past but she had been under a large amount of stress.

“Seeing Lady Celeste pregnant has hurt Aaryona but I suppose that is to be expected. You might not know this but she lost twins before we held the ball. It was why I was so rough with you I am afraid. I did not mean to be so rude to you.” She poured a bottle of blood wine into a glass and offered it to him. “Aaryona says you have a job for me. I would be glad to be of assistance to her like I was to Marius before her.”

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 PM, Post Subject: Arrangement [P,R]

True to his word, Nemesis was on his way back to the Draconis Manor. It had been a few days and he allowed Lilith for the time to get ready for their meeting. To say that they had met on the best of standards would have been a great lie, but he refused to let such personal tidbits get in the way of business. Besides, he wasn’t as bitter as he had been back then. He already had enough on his plate as it was without that. The vaewolf’s emotions were shifted about and he wore a mask of uncertainty- one that he was been famed for a long time ago.

Approaching the house, he held his sword in its scabbard as he used the back of the hilt to knock so casually against the door. His recent behavior towards Lady Draconis had been extremely crude and unnecessary, even if it was to toughen her up in his own way. Celeste had been sure to inform him of such after they had left and came home. Begrudgingly he promised to play nicer with them in future arrangements. So when the door finally opened up, he entered without the dramatic flare from the last visit.

But apparently things had changed as his brows narrowed when he came face to face with several guards and their blades pointed squarely at his neck. So they took his advice, but Nemesis’ face showed that he wasn’t in the mood for games. He shooed the swords with his sheathed one, “Knock that off! One of you go and fetch Lilith!” He rolled his eyes as he brushed passed them- he would give an “A” for effort at least.

“Tell her that I’m here to discuss some things with her.” Nemesis decided to head into the den and look around while waiting for the woman to show up. He sighed a bit as he took to how much they had changed the manor since they had “acquired” it.