Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Umbral Depths > Here Lies the Abyss [P]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Shiloh carefully placed her feet on Synthesis' shoulders, and propelled herself upwards with a push from her legs. With arms forward as if she were diving, her torso made it through. Gripping the surface with her hands she pushed herself up, now above ground. A sigh of relief escaped from her when the floor didn't collapse under her. The area she was now in looked like a cavern, but the difference was the fact it was outside. Once her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw that what she had mistaken for a cavern was  a natural bridge looming overhead. Finding a natural post created from wind or water erosion, she tied the grappling hook around it and pulled it tight, bringing the rope over to the hole she had emerged from. Tossing the rope down she called out to the girl below. "I've got the line secured, try pulling yourself up slowly. If you need help I'll pull you out."

The light outside was bright, but not too strong. Was it morning, or early evening? She didn't know, and didn't care. They'd figure out how long they had spent in the dark later, after they were both above ground. The shade cast by the natural bridge was cool and refreshing, while breezes blew strands of her hair about. Her clothes were covered in dirt and she looked like a mess, but she was alive–and that was all that mattered. The ordeal was finally over. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis took her bag and stick and threw them out the hole. Being the weakest person she knew, climbing out this hole might prove a challange. She knew she wouldn't have the strength in her arms alone. She took hold of the dangling rope as high as she could reach and proceeded to jab her wings into the earth either side of the hole and used them to lever herself up. It's a shame the hole wasn't big enough for her to fly out of. She then lifted her legs and mangaged to hook the heel of her boot onto a stone. Finally, with a conjoined effort of all her strength, she heaved herself out.
The grass immediately beneath her aching body was soft and lush. She clenched it into her hand and lay still in relief for a moment before pushing herself up into a kneeling position and gazing around. Her own clothes and body was covered in grime. The two females must have looked quite a pair.
"Thank God!" she cried out, and she meant it. Whatever god was out there, she wanted to thank it, "I can't believe I - we - got out of there."
The stone bridge they were under was old looking and the area around them was overgrown. Only a metre away from her hands, Synthesis saw a bush covered in edible berries. She leaned over to pluck one and pop it into her mouth. The joys and fruits of nature outside were endless. It would be a long time before Synthesis ventured underground again. She offered one of the small black orbs up to Shiloh. Not too far away, she could see the Bohar Plains stretching out familierly. Such lovely, safe plains, she thought and breathed deeply.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Taking a seat on the ground, she took the berry Synthesis offered and popped into her mouth. "I have a newfound respect for moles now. I never thought I'd be so happy to be outside again." Liberally drinking from her canteen, she poured a little into her hands and used it to rinse off the dirt. The familiar sight of the Bohar Plains was a great relief though she had no idea how far she was from where she had entered the Umbral Depths. Should she search for the caravan? No, it was likely that they had left without her already. She sincerely hoped that man didn't try to go in after she failed to return. Lying down on her back she noticed a few patches of rock that was differently colored than the rest. It had a bit of color to it, somewhat greenish but with a shiny luster. 

Closing her eyes, she imagined all of her tiredness seeping into the ground out of her. It was something she had done as a child whenever she felt pain or weariness. "Ah…it's good to be back in the plains again. We made it. It was one nerve-wracking mess of a ride, but we're here." Once she was fully rested, she stood up and went over to the patches of ore protruding from the rock. Finding the most sizable chunk, she used the pommel of her sword to break some off. If the man was still alive, she'd give him these to placate him for not retrieving his trinket as promised. Next time she'd knock him out cold and tie him up for sure to keep him from getting himself and anyone else from getting killed. Returning to her spot, she asked Synthesis: "So, looks like I'll be taking my leave soon. Thanks for your help down there. If it wasn't for you, both of us would be wandering down there for who knows how long." Pausing awkwardly, she tried not to make it seem like she was saying goodbye forever. "…Anyway, if you want to find me–I'm usually running between the plains with the caravans or somewhere in Adeluna. All you need to do is post a notice in the taverns and we'll meet up."

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis nodded. It certainly had been quite an ordeal.
"It's been a pleasure to avoid death with you," the druid said, her voice catching. She was emotionally raw and saying goodbye was sad, "I'll be sure to call you up on that. Maybe we can do somthing non-lethal sometime."
She eyed up the stone that the woman had retrieved and crawled to pick up a few pieces herself. Maybe she could sell them and make a few coins. It wasn't the treasure she had been looking for but, in a way, she supposed the expirience she'd just had, the lessons she had learned and the memories she's made were more eternal treasures that she could keep. The fanciful thought made her feel a bit better. Now these green stones might even fund a hot meal in a busy pub. The thought of such a place full of life was pleasant, especially when she compared it to the silence abyss she'd just visited.
Synthesis stood up and streched her arms and legs properly. It would be only too easy to fall asleep where she was but then she would wake up even more cold and stiff than she was now. So instead she thought it important that she made her way to civilisation quickly and focus on recovering fully in a room with a bed.
"You're welcome to walk with me as I head to the nearest village," she offered, "I don't know where you're going. I want to reach a place before sundown if I can but if not I'll aim to find one as soon as possible. Therefore, I want to get started."

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
"Thanks, but I'll have to turn down your offer. I've got a caravan to track, and seeing how I'm in familiar territory, I can always ask any of the Bohari who pass by. If that doesn't work, then I've got a backup plan." She pulled out a scroll sealed with wax with an unusual symbol pressed into it. "This'll send me back to Adeluna once I open in, but it's single-use only. I didn't ask if it'd work for two people at once, so I'd rather not risk it. Magical items can be weird sometimes." With her knapsack loaded and all her things gathered, she rested a hand on her sword tied to her hip. Giving one last look at the young druid in training, she gave a nod. "I believe it's time for me to go. Stay safe, wherever you plan on going. I do hope to see you again. May heaven grant you fortune."

With that, she then set off in the direction of a strong eastern wind, pulling out a small pyramidal crystal of light pink. It was too late to try to track the wagons now, so she held it her hand and thought of Adeluna. A thin ray of light shone forth like a beacon, pointing towards the south. Normally she wouldn't tarry in returning to the southern city, but this time she chose to go at her own pace and appreciate what it was like to live on the earth's surface. In due time she would arrive in the bustling streets again, running as a courier or whatever job offers she had then. Within a half hour, Shiloh was no longer in sight having disappeared into the vastness of the plains. 

Her God Powers are:
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis nodded and watched Shiloh go for a short while before turning and making her own way over to the plains. It wasn't long before she found a well used trail and began to follow it slowly. Along the way, she made regular contact with the local plant life. She cherished it more than ever having been away from it for so long. The company of plants was all she usually needed and now she was reminded why. Their ceaseless murmuring of the trivial and the useful was a constant reminder that you were seldome really alone. Synthesis also appreciated their distraction from what had just occured. She wouldn't allow herself to dwell on it. Instead she thought of the good, fresh air and the light of day around her. They and the plants were comforting to the druid's disquieted mind and then when night fell the light of the sky was clear and the moon was mercifully bright. Within several hours of sundown, she spotted the lights of civilisation and hurried forward in one last push of effort.
Soon, Synthesis was able to make her way from day to day as she usually did, without thoughts of endless chasms, evil slimes or glowing fungi. However, she continued to practice her fire magic and began to branch out on the different odd jobs she would take up, having a greater confidence in herself. Shiloh's words of advice popped into her head from time to time and the druid would smile.She mused, I really ought to contact her some time…