Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > [O] A Late Start
Noland

Character Info
Name: Noland Prumt
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Noble
Silver: 95
Most would say that Noland Prumt was too old to make any difference in the world. Sure he was a noble, but he was 70 and had little experience with politics. He had done little with his status within the many years he's lived in the fine city of Adeluna City, but that didn't matter to him. Noland loved his city and his country, and wanted it to be the best he could make it. The king wasn't doing anything about it after all. His main concern at the moment was the theives' guild plaguing Adeluna City. He needed to assemble a task force of individuals to aid his efforts in eradicating the theives from his precious city. 

He wore a rather fetching noble man's outfit. His belly protruded a bit, but his clothes flattered his body type. checked his visage in the mirror before turning to the beautiful woman still in his bed.

"Well?" He asked, "how do I look?"

"Important, handsome, and powerful my love." She responded

He had aged relatively well, stood at a reasonable height of 5'7", and had a gorgeous wife, an elvish woman named Aweylyn. 

He smiled at his wife and said, "Today is the beginning of a better Adeluna."

He kissed his wife goodbye and headed out to recruit adventurers to aid him in his cause. It is this purpose in that brought him to the Hairy Lemon tavern. He figured it would be the best place to find an adventurer. He sat down at the bar and ordered an ale. Not what he usually drinks, but he needed to look like he could drink with the best of them. He scanned the bustling tavern and took in the culture and comraderie that had captured his heart as a child. He most certainly loved this city and the kingdom it resides in. He was ready to finally do his part. 

It's the best, just terrific -Noland
Alistar Evee

Character Info
Name: Alistar Evee
Alignment: CN
Race: Angel of Death
Class: Healer/Summoner
Silver: 290
Alistar sits there in the Hairy Lemon tavern, seducing men with his angelic looks and stealing all he can from them. What? He was a fallen angel, he couldn't do anything about his situation, so he uses his power to his advantage. As he is stealing a sack of money from a drunk patron he notices a man sitting at the bar. Old, age of around 70. Why would someone as old as him come to a run down place like this? Alistar thought. But he shrugged it off, it wasn't his job to worry about some old man.

You are all just pieces of my game. I control the board and your lives with it!
Noland

Character Info
Noland drank his ale as his steely eyes surveyed the patrons. None of them seemed particularly adventure worthy, but then again he was a man of high standards. Only took the best. No substitutions. He decided that the adevtuerers weren't about to jump out at him. He needed to make his presence known.

He stood up and cleared his throat, "Can I have your attention please!" His voice cut through the bar's many roaring voices, "I am looking to hire some adventurers. I can pay well and I can pay better. You can quote me on that. I need the best people. Now, I don't want any low energy adventurers on my payroll. You've got to be up to the task. It'll be dangerous not gonna lie, but with pockets like mine what else are you gonna do right?" 

He looked around to see if he had any takers.

Alistar Evee

Character Info
Hmm, he had a point, he looked like he paid well. Alistar raises his arm and points at the man. "I'll help sir! It's not like I got anything better to do. I could also do with some useless bloodshed too." he gets up and apologizes to the many people begging him not to go. He walks over to the man and stands beside him.

Foxal

Character Info
Name: Collin Wilson
Alignment: LG
Class: Fighter/Knight
Silver: 70
It was a long week for Collin, he was a knight in the continent of Parvpora, but the republics don't need a knight anymore. Magic, magic, magic, all they ever want, well then Canelux might have work, hopefully.

Took him awhile to reach the docks, then across the ocean, and then the famed Adeluna City. He asked where to fine a good bar nearby, "Hairy Lemon Tavern ya' best bet." a sailor said. So Collin began walking, entered the bar and some old man was making an announcement.

"…I can pay well and I can pay better. You can quote me on that. I need the best people. Now, I don't want any low energy adventurers on my payroll. You've got to be up to the task. It'll be dangerous not gonna lie, but with pockets like mine what else are you gonna do right?" said the man. "Well I'll be damn." Collin said under his breath, "I'm your man, right hear!" He yelled with a little eagerness and a hand raised.

Welp, ready to try again.
-C.W.
Alistar Evee

Character Info
"Oh goodie! I'm not entirely alone!" Alistar looks in the direction of the man and smiles while hovering a bit off the ground. "It was going to be so lonely"

Foxal

Character Info
Name: Collin Wilson
Alignment: LG
Class: Fighter/Knight
Silver: 70
"Oh perfect…" Collin said reluctantly, the flamboyant man made him felt uncomfortable by his manner of speech. "Uhh, so what exactly are we doing?" Collin said taking his eyes away from Alistar to Noland.

Welp, ready to try again.
-C.W.
Noland

Character Info
The old man smiled at his two volunteers. He was glad for the quick response, "I can already tell you boys are the best. Follow me outside, and I'll brief you on what job I've got for you. It's tremendous."

He then strolled out of the tavern.

Alistar Evee

Character Info
Sensing the mans uneasiness, Alistar frowns. Did I do something? Am I that bad at first impressions? This man is different, he's not like those drunks that are all over me. I wonder. "Yeah, I wanna know that too. What are we doing?" he continues to stare at the man while asking this.

Noland

Character Info
Noland looked around to make sure no one was watching. He had to be careful, no telling who would be listening in this part of town.

"The theives' guild has been a thorn in his City's side for too long, and nothing is being done about it. It's embarrassing. Now, I've good intel about a possible thief outpost. We're gonna start of strong and raid it. We've gotta send them a message that says we aren't gonna be messed with anymore."

He handed each of them a sachel filled with coins, "This is only half of the amount. You'll get the other half after the job is done. Understood?"