Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Tyr, City of the Damned > Unwanted Devotion [p/r]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Itt had been a whole ordeal to find themselves where they were. The unlikely trio of Lewis, Xeik, and Rhenakos stood before a great iron gate to the underbelly of Tyr, where they had tracked down the energies of Simone, who had been kidnapped. Again. The assassin crossed his arms, and looked to Rhenakos.

“Open the damn door already…”

Rhenakos rolled his eyes, “So touchy.” Despite his bravado, even he was worried for what they might discover. From the maps that Xeik had procured, the iron gate lead into a main chamber, which a throne room should have been. Whoever had devised the plan to kidnap Simone would be there, ready to face them. It was strange, though, that they had encountered so little resistance in their journey.

“Could be a trap,” Xeik said. “Just be ready for when the doors open.” Even the healer was ready to fight.

“Ready as always,” Lewis said as he drew a burning dagger and his blood dagger.

The hunter looked back, and confirmed their status, and then moved to the great iron gates. He pressed against them with all his strength, forcing them open. The sounds of the gates straining echoed through the dank cavern halls, alerting everyone in the underground to their presence. It was all about to come to a head….

Two weeks ago, Lewis had come home to find Alshaya and Everett alone, playing in the courtyard. It wasn’t odd for them to be away from Simone now, especially when they were doing their own thing, but this time felt different. Simone had been disconnected from the resonance, and it was concerning.

What was more concerning, was when Alshaya welcomed her father home.

“Daddy! You’re back!” she said as she ran up, hugging him. “Momma said not to worry!”

The assassin gave her a questioning look. “What do you mean, not to worry?” he asked.

“Well, she said not to worry! There were a lot of strange men who came to the door, and she went with them!” Alshaya seemed unphased by it. “A loooot of men. Some of them as big as Uncle Rhen! But Momma said not to worry, so I not worrying! Besides, you’re home now Daddy!”

That would explain where she is, but why is the resonance broken? The concern on his face was showing, and Alshaya noticed. She gave him another hug, and patted his leg.

“It’s okay Daddy. She said not to worry!” The little girl was trying to cheer her father up. She hated it when Lewis looked sad, which happened very rarely.

Once he learned of what had happened, Lewis went straight to Rhenakos in Jayou. All it took was a mention that Simone was in danger, and he jumped up. As it so happened, Xeik had been visiting as well, taking a few lessons from Leilah while Angela was preoccupied with her own duties. Even with stern opposition from Lewis, Xeik made it clear he wasn’t going to accept no for an answer, and decided to tag along anyway.

After all…as the new Champion of Life and Love, he felt obligated to look after Angela’s ‘daughter’, in a sense.

Rhenakos was the first to burst in, his sword drawn as he rolled in, raising it. Lewis remained at the back, his daggers drawn, ready to move swiftly, and Xeik took the middle, with what appeared to be an unarmed stance, his guard up. But no attack came. Instead, there was pure focus on the throne.

About fifty or so men were crowded around it, some of them bowing, others in a state of reverence. And at the center of it all…

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone had thrust the kids behind her when the men showed up. She was concerned but intrigued. She could feel the same energy that she had coming from these men. “Alshaya go inside and tell Daddy not to worry alright,” she kissed the little one’s forehead and smiled.

“So… You’ll come with us? Do you understand that you are our only female? You are basically like a god to us,” they were enticing but it was all pretty words for what they wanted. Pure-bred Night Phoenixes. They could have had any other phoenixes but they were proud. They wanted more of their own kind. Simone offered them a way out. Or so they thought.

“How did you find out about me?” Simone was curious and it wasn’t like she left the island often.

“One of our men spotted you flying high above the skies. He thought you were a fever dream at first or a lost male of our race. Then you transformed and he came right back to us. We knew we had to find you but it was a matter of finding your magic.”

“And how?”

The men presented to her a feather that must have fallen. It was decorated with gold as if it were part of a queen. Simone was concerned but she needed to know more about herself and currently from the looks of it… She stood no chance. These were creatures of her race, they were warriors on top of that. One weak woman like her… Who knew barely anything about her race would not survive. Her kids would get killed, her island torched, and she would be caged. She knew this because she knew the type well. “Give me but a moment. If I am to leave them I want to make sure they are taken care of,” she wanted to show her maternal instinct. It was good that most of the kids looked like her because she could hide it.

“Very well,” the men stood there while Simone went back inside and gave instructions to Lucas, Rex, Ezili, and the house staff. She was very clear about the fact they didn’t stand a chance. Let Simone go with them and once Lewis was home he could come to get her.

She left the island with them and Ezili’s eyes were wide. She had never seen so many birds like her mother before. “All of them… They are just like her Lucas…” Now they would have to wait and make sure the little ones didn’t worry. They believed in Simone’s words. Lewis would save Simone.

Simone had been adorned in all kinds of exotic silk, jewels, precious metals for the last two weeks. She had been worshiped. They had a throne ready for her and everything. It sat high up since she could fly down and most of the time she spent it up there away from them all. She had books she was reading. Ancient texts that talked about her race and what they could do. Simone asked the tribal elder lots of questions about herself and he was beginning to suspect that she wasn’t natural.

His people were desperate so he kept it to himself while they spoke in private, “You weren’t born one of us were you?”

“No, I was created by a goddess after I was killed. A Night Phoenix feather was used to procure a race for myself. I was born from the ashes though just like all phoenixes.” Simone had grown to trust this elder who kept the men at bay. If they ravaged her they would lose her trust and she would never help them. This must he had learned of Simone from just the few hours she had been here. She was stubborn, prideful, and above all else she laid down the law. She wasn’t scared and she had the upper hand of knowing they wouldn’t kill her.

The magic on her shoulder had him convinced that the woman before them had a much more dangerous counterpart. He was old enough to know the magic and he had advised against just taking her. When he spoke up and asked Simone… The woman had just blown him off but her silence answered it all for him.

Still, she was the savior of their race and he respected her attitude to it all. It was like she had been raised all her life to be queen. Little did they know… That’s exactly what she was raised to be.

Today was two weeks in and Simone was flipping through the archives. Her hair had fire lilies weaved in it that the men had harvested with gold hair accessories through. She looked more like some tribal queen. Crimson silk was across her body but barely as it just covered her breasts enough and the skirt was still really short. A crown of obsidian and rubies laid on her head and her wings were spread wide. They had been taken care of by the male attendants and it showed as she had never seen them as pretty as they were now. Not that she ever had them out but she had been requested to respect them. So she gave them that little bit of an edge.

Her gray and blue eyes moved to the door as it busted in. A look of relief came across her face as her eyes met Lewis. Their resonance snapped back together once he was back in the room. It was obvious it was the runes in the room and the rest of the palace that had been keeping the magic at bay. She didn’t say anything at first but the elder raised an eyebrow as he flew down from the perch next to Simone.

“We had intruders!” He yelled and the men in the back stood but it was Simone who gripped the chair.

“ENOUGH, these are welcomed visitors. I will not have squabbles in my court.” Simone’s voice was authoritative enough that some of the smaller men reared back from it. “They are guests… Don’t you know how to welcome guests? Or have you fallen so far that you’ve forgotten?” Her eyes went to the tribal elder who nodded.

“Prepare food and wine. These are friends of Queen Simone and we shall honor her request. Anything else?” He looked at Simone and her eyes connected with his. He knew very well who Lewis was just from their talks and he knew Simone didn’t want to be there.

“Have everyone scatter. I want some time with my friends. Alone.” Simone rolled her eyes and waved her hand. She had always been uninterested in the lot of them and there was jealousy in the ranks.

“You heard her. Scatter back to the rooms at once,” the elder yelled and bowed to Simone as did the others. Once Simone knew they were gone she let the atmosphere she falsely held fall. She flew down from her high throne and ran to Lewis hugging him.

“Get me the fuck out of here,” she whispered. “They are fucking crazy, not to mention horny beyond belief. It will have to wait though. There are too many of them even for you three. They are really strong. I didn't stand a chance against even one of them.”

Dusk

Character Info
The elegance that was Simone caught all three of them off guard. What was worse, was that they were outnumbered, and even with Rhenakos taking the brunt of the force, there was no way they were getting out of this alive. Yet, with a single command from Simone, they all backed down.

Lewis felt the relief flood through him as their connection was reestablished, and at once he had a general idea of what was going on. Not a solution, but at least he knew she was safe, and that no harm had come to her. If it had…

There were words exchanged between her and what appeared to be the elder of the group. Lewis watched with curiosity, realizing that it was a tribe of Night Phoenixes. Lady Angela had stated that they were extinct, all but Simone…but apparently, even the Gods were limited to what they could see and hear. He motioned for the rest of them to lower their weapons, but they all still remained on edge.

As the room scattered at her command, Lewis walked fully into the room, and as Simone descended her throne, and fell into Lewis’ arms, he held her. “I think we have more pressing matters than getting you off,” he said with a smirk. “I could just kill them all…” His face was full of anger. “I don’t think they could stop me know that I know you’re safe, especially if I-”

Rhenakos interrupted, putting up his hand. “Look, we’re good…but we’re not that good. Especially if they’re all like Simone. Just think…she’s strong as hell, and she doesn’t know what the fuck she’s doing. They do.”

Lewis clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Still, I don’t see a better opti-”

Xeik cleared his throat. “I…can get us out of here.”

All of them turned to look at Xeik. He waved his hand, “Hello…Champion of a Goddess…I’m pretty sure I can talk us out of this. If not…well, we can always run if things go badly.” He looked at Simone. “Do you think you can set up a meeting with the elders and whatever else passes as leadership? Both you and Lewis would need to be present.” He glanced at Rhenakos. “No offense, but I’d rather you…not be a part of negotiations.”

“It’s all boring anyway…I’ll wait outside and make sure they don’t try anything fishy.” The hunter smirked. “I can give you a heads up if they try anything.”

Simone

Character Info
Simone practically melted into Lewis. She had thought they were well beyond something like this… and like this, she meant the panic, the relief, and the general need for each other but it was becoming increasingly clearer that it was whenever they were forced apart that it happened… She couldn’t disagree with that now.

His words made her laugh and she shook her head, “That is the farthest thing from my mind right now. That is literally all I’ve been hearing about since I got here.” She watched as his face contorted to anger and she could feel it too. Luckily, Rhenakos had a few words of wisdom… It was rare but when he did have them they were at least useful.

She tapped her chin a bit as she listened to Xeik’s idea. “It might work. From what I have found out, the reason why Angela doesn’t know about them is because her powers often don’t overextend into this area. Xeik is here now which can place her here but why would she come here? Look at this place. It’s nothing but death. She would never come here because she wouldn’t have an advantage.” She crossed her arms and looked down at her clothes with a huff.

The phoenix really did hate it here but she had hidden it well enough. “They were wiped out by clergy of life a long time ago. It might have been before Angela was even a goddess and before the gods of Parvpora died. Instead of killing all of them, the clergy just killed the women and all the eggs too. The only ones who survived the slaughter were the fifty or so you saw here. They found out about me when I was scouting that job we did a few months ago and used one of my feathers that fell off to track me down.”

Simone rolled her eyes back and forth, “I think I can do that. They’ve pretty much just been listening to me because they want children that badly. They don’t realize…” She looked at Lewis and frowned a bit. “That I can’t. Not yet. There are three elders in charge of them and I can have them meet up. Until then… We might as well play it cool. I’ve organized a feast so that should get them off your backs for now.”

Taking a deep breath she said the next thing Lewis probably would hate, “Until we leave though I don’t think you can sleep in my bed… but that just means you have to sneak.” There was always that challenge they never had. “A few of them I don’t trust as I think the years have finally taken their sanity… but they are very strong. I’ve been taking lessons from the elder in the time here since I didn’t have anything else to do and I’m very far behind. I did manage to get my hands on some books though.”

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Simone was right, Lewis was not happy that he wasn’t allowed to sleep with his wife, but the next point that Xeik brought up was even more disagreeable to the assassin.

“I think it’s going to be a little more complicated than that, Simone,” he said as he noted that there were eyes still watching them. “She’s under careful watch. The hug was one thing, but I don’t think you two can interact much past this. Talking is one thing, and a minor show of affection might pass…but you must hide the fact that you are together. After all,” he turned his head to one of the offshoot caverns, and there was movement. “Yes…we’re just guests. Outsiders to them.” He looked back to Simone. “You can only get away with so much. Some of those…more devoted might go against your wishes.”

Lewis glared at Xeik, “Are you telling me that I have to pretend that Simone is-”

“Nothing more than a friend,” Xeik replied. “And despite what Simone said, I don’t think it’s a good idea to sneak around. You’re good, but we don’t want to cause a problem. As long as they aren’t actively trying to…er…apologies for the term, breed Simone, we have time.” If looks could kill, Xeik would have been dead.

Rhenakos shuffled uneasily, “I think they’re getting antsy….there’s more watching now. We should probably wrap this up.” He was right. They could all feel the eyes watching them, making sure that their Queen was safe. It was almost creepy.

Xeik looked at Lewis, “Promise me you’ll let me handle this.”

The assassin hissed through his teeth, and the look he was giving Xeik was one that, from Simone’s memory, he had reserved for her family and the fae lord, but he finally relented. “Fine. But if they so much as look at her with any intent, I’ll massacre every last one of them…”

“I guess that’s as good as I’ll get…” The healer sighed with relief. “Simone…take us to the feast hall please. I’d hate to keep them waiting,”

Simone

Character Info
Simone held a frown but Xeik was right. As much as she would love Lewis’s touch the fact she could feel through resonance again was… enough. At least for now. His hand was near hers and it was shielded by her wings so she gave him a squeeze of reassurance. “I’ll be alright. It will be over soon. Xeik is unfortunately right. While it appears some of them revere me there are those that think they own me too. Those are going to be the dangerous ones.”

There was a sigh from her and she became rigid, “Right… Feast.” If jealousy could kill… Every single one of them would be dead. The look from Lewis had told her everything she needed to know about how this was going to go if the phoenixes moved one foot out of line.

For now, though, she had led them into the large hall where food was being laid out. Simone took her place and as her guests, Lewis and the others weren’t that far from her. She could feel the tension and at this rate, she couldn’t tell if it was coming from her men or the bird men.

“Welcome friends of Queen Simone. We’ve prepared a mighty feast for you but you’ll have to excuse how rushed it was. We don’t often make trips to the mainland as to conceal the fact that we are here,” it was the elder who hadn’t left Simone’s side but rarely. Simone had taken a more icy stance, one that was much more like the way they had found her. She was uninterested and reading a book.

One of the men was twitching as he had offered her something and she just waved it off. “You need to eat or what good would you b–” The elder shot him a glare.

“You are asking me to pick one mate out of fifty of you. You are bottom of the barrel if you ask me,” Simone sighed a bit. “You aren’t going to win me with gifts or admirable words. You don’t even know the first thing about me other than I have the ability to give children. You put me on a throne, you throw presents at me, and yet you still don’t get what I want.” Her eyes turned to him and they were an icy glare. Cold. Unfeeling. So very Simone if you knew her well enough.

“A woman wants to be spoi–”

“Wrong, I have everything I could ever ask for.” Simone yawned a bit and stretched out to get a piece of fruit. “Appealing to me will be harder than anything you’ve ever had to do.”

“I watched all of our civiliz–”

“And I was brutally raped as my city burned, all of my people killed, and people who I thought loved me throwing me away. Tortured for a thousand years, placed in the bottom of a lake for three hundred, and then hunted to give a child I didn’t want to give,” Simone huffed as she broke the fruit with her bare hands. It was a pomegranate. “Breaking me? Winning me? It’s damn near impossible if you try to brute force it. Nothing you do can break my resolve. You’ll have to figure out what I want because I’m not going to tell you.” She plopped some of the fruit in her mouth lazily.

These were things not one of the tribe knew about Simone. They were in silence and she was watching them. “What? Did you think I was some pampered princess? Did you think you were the only ones who suffered? This is what you get for assuming that you know me based on where you found me.” She stood up in a huff which must have been normal as quickly one of the attendants was next to her to put a robe around her. “I’m going to my room. Elder Thomas?” The elder snapped his attention to Simone after glaring at the younger Phoenix. “My friends would like to have a small meeting between us and the Elders. Can you arrange this for later after they eat?”

The elder nodded, “Of course.”

Simone was escorted out by the attendant and a guard before slamming the door. She was certainly pissed off now. “We give her ever–”

“Shut up,” the elder slapped him hard. “You’ll ruin everything with your attitude. Our women were soft, she– SHE is something else. To act this way in front of her guests is unforgivable. Now sit down and eat you’ve already chased her away in record time.” The man made a face and forced himself down.

She was ice.

It unnerved the others. Once dinner was over the elder came over, “I’ll apologize for the young one’s actions. He lost his mate so he is particularly upset that she has shown no interest at all in anyone. Only books. The women of the tribe weren’t allowed to be warriors so we lost them easily when we were attacked. Queen Simone is more like ice compared to the warmth they were used to. In any case, I’ll show you to your rooms and within the hour we can meet with the others as she requested.”

I fucking hate this whole place. The men here are… overbearing and fake. They think I can’t tell but I can. They hate me. At least some of them do. Don’t trust the younger ones. They are impulsive. It was one of the only communications Simone had sent to Lewis afterward. She was showing him her room. It was grand but she kept saying how much she hated the dreary colors. That the whole island was nothing but a cage and she gagged a few times. It was more to put him at ease.

Once the meeting was set up Simone was escorted in and she sat on a high throne off to the side of the table. Xeik and Lewis were on one side while Rhenakos was at the door. The elders didn’t look too old but they held an air to them.

“What business would you like to speak of?” Elder Thomas spoke up first to break the ice. After dinner, he could only imagine how the men thought of them.

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Through the whole ordeal that Simone put them through, Lewis was smiling. It was dangerous to do, but he couldn’t help it. It was Simone’s iciness that he had broken, and the display now was it showing itself in its truest form. She hated everything about this place, and it showed. The night phoenixes were in shock, which only made Lewis happy. They had made a fatal mistake when kidnapping her.

He understood, though, when she left. Her brief communications weren’t much, but it did settle him for the time being. He knew that, as long as they were in these walls, that their resonance was strong. And furthermore, if any of them tried anything, he would know immediately.

With the meeting set, Xeik, Lewis, and Rhenakos went to the rooms they were allowed to stay in. This gave them a bit of time to prepare, though Xeik was definitely flying mostly blind. He was hoping that his skills with debating Raile and Angela were about to come into play, and while it may not have seemed like much, Raile was not one to be trifled with when it came to negotiations. And so the time arrived, and they were lead into a room.

Sitting across from Xeik and Lewis were the three elders. Rhenakos, as requested, stayed by the door. While it looked like he was relaxing, the others knew that he was ready for anything. Both of his eyes were open, and ready.

Xeik cleared his throat as he sat down, and with the ice broken, the negotiations started.

“I will start by introducing myself. My name is Xeik Eraphim. While I did not come here with the initial intention of being so, I am here now as a representative and Champion of the Goddess of Life and Love.” He smiled with warm intent; a lesson learned from Raile. “And you all are Night Phoenixes, the last of your kind. As a limited species, I feel as though we have some room to be talking.”

Lewis glanced over to Xeik nervously.

“Simone is the last woman of your species, at least to our knowledge. However, I think you…are vastly underestimating her desire to…erm…how shall I say it…prolong your race, as it may be.” Xeik’s word choices were difficult. “There are several things you should take into consideration with this. When you picked her up, she was in a household, was she not? With children. Have you stopped to consider who with?” This was a risky play. “Second…it has been shown to us in an obvious display, that she has no wishes to mate with anyone here. If anything, she seems adamantly against it. Perhaps…because you have not seen to her needs appropriately.”

Again, Lewis was giving Xeik nervous looks.

The healer placed his hands together, in a very Raile-like manner. “My Goddess watches over the aspect of Life, which is something important. The loss of an entire species is saddening, and the acts that may be taken t o extend that species life can be, at times, drastic. However…she also watches over the aspect of Love, which in all capacity, trumps the aspect of Life. In times, it even defies it…” There was a sly smile across the healer’s face. “The need that has not been met, in Simone’s eyes…:”

“Love.” There it was. “What you have done, is ripped a loving mother away from her children, and a loving woman away from her husband. Her love and devotion for her family can trump any desire she may encounter here, and for that…” He set his hands down. “Your plan to keep her here, to save your species…was doomed to fail from the start.”

Simone

Character Info
The happiness that was leaking off Lewis made her at least proud. He knew this Simone well enough, he had seen it all. He had witnessed all the sides of her self. They held but a small conversation with just her speaking but it was enough as she hid away.

Once the meeting started Xeik showed that he was in charge. It was impressive and he wasn’t lying but Simone knew that Lewis hadn’t told him anything of the sort. Was this all something he was pulling out of nowhere? It had to be.

The elders were in shock and the one that was closest to Simone, Thomas, shook his head, “I imagine she came to protect those on the island. Queen Simone is not where she should be if she intends to use her magic, it will destroy her. It is deep dark magic that binds us. Is that way you came with us?” His eyes looked at Simone who was debating on if she wanted to answer him.

“I’m not natural. You know that,” Simone spoke and the other two elders were in shock. “So you didn’t tell them. I thought you would have outed me.”

“And ruin any chance that they might have had? Never. It would have also put your life in danger and the fact that a goddess made you was concerning enough,” Thomas was at least smart as he put his chin in his hands propped up as to look at Xeik. “You have no idea what you are. You wanted to know and you didn’t have a plan to leave because you would have no idea where you were being taken. It was a risky play which meant that you had to have someone who would come get you.” His eyes were looking over the three men that had come.

“You knew this and you didn’t sa–” One of the other elders spoke up but Thomas held up his hand.

“You did this. You can reap what you sow. I tried to tell all of you this was a foolish plan. Queen Simone?” Simone tilted her head. “What were you told when you were made?”

“I was the last one.”

“So, it doesn’t matter to her whether we live or die. She has no attachment to us.” Thomas shrugged a bit and looked to Xeik. “I can accept letting her go if that’s what she wishes but… I should warn whoever came to get her that her magic will eat her if she doesn’t stop being reckless with it. She’ll need to learn and she can only learn from one of us.”

Simone’s mouth went dry as she thought about it. How out of control the flames could be but there was more to it than that like she had feared. She knew that Angela could possibly help teach her but what if there was something Angela had missed. She wasn’t omnipotent.

“Well, we can overrule. We won’t let her leave,” the other two spoke up and Simone groaned a bit. It was the most emotion they had seen out of her and it was shocking, to say the least.

“I’m afraid there is something else,” Simone spoke up and gave Xeik a shrug. “You might as well tell them.”

"Tell us what?"

It was Thomas who tilted her head, "Why she wouldn't let the healers look her over to make sure she was healthy. She's been adamant about it." Was Simone already degrading? Was she sick?

Dusk

Character Info
The fact that her magic was going to eat away at her was a problem. Her connection with Lewis meant that the two of them could be destroyed if her magic went out of control. There had to be some common ground that they could use to at least provide some kind of help, but Xeik was barely keeping things in check as it was. Thomas seemed an agreeable person, but the other two immediately rejected the idea of letting her go, and it was likely that the other night phoenixes would have similar thoughts.

But then Simone gave him the go ahead.

Xeik sighed, “Well, it’s really unfortunate. You see…a long time ago, a powerful Fae Lord coveted Simone. Much like those here who covet her, the fae lord wanted a child…and when Simone retaliated, the fae lord ripped out her womb.” There was no sugar coating it. “And fae magic is powerful stuff. Even the power of a Goddess granting new life could not fix this. She can bear no children.”

Lewis leaned back, “And before you start going off about how she has kids…they’re adopted.”

The healer nodded, “Indeed they are. There is paperwork to prove it, though that would take time at the moment.” Xeik clasped his hands together again, leaning forward.

“As for her…training as a night phoenix, we can offer some sort of negotiations on this.” Xeik closed his eyes. Think fast. “She will receive training, and in turn, we will search for more survivors.” He opened his eyes. This was, perhaps, a long shot. “As you may be aware, there was a recent event that occurred, and a new world has opened to us. Onnen. It’s an unexplored territory, and it is entirely possible that more of your kind exist in hiding, same as you. We can have efforts put forth to search the continent, and notify you if we find anything.”

There was, of course, his last option, but he would rather not use it. If negotiations here failed, he would use it. Keep things civil for now…

Simone

Character Info
The elders were in shock, to say the least. This woman who they had been coveting had no way of giving them what they wanted. She knew that but also would they have believed her had she told them? Most likely not… Due to the desperation, they were facing.

“What could you have done that would have resulted in such a curse?” Thomas was curious. The fey didn’t lash out for no reason.

Simone who had locked eyes with Lewis was in thought of how to approach the question. She chewed at her lip and finally, she sighed. This was something only Lewis and Angela knew. “I killed his whole civilization with hellfire. I took a hot iron poker and I beat his wife to death for letting him be the monster he was. She practically laughed at my pain. I did all of this with my own hands after he killed all my descendants to try and get me to comply. It was after this that he took my womb so I would be alone forever. Then when he once more tried to get me to work with him I spit at him and he threw me in a lake chained to a rock.”

The elders sat there in silence and Simone shrugged, “I’m not one to take something sitting down. If I have the power to do something I will do it even if it gets me killed. It’s not like I could die. After all, Lewis killed me plenty when he first found me. I probably startled him.”

Their mouths were open and Simone rolled her eyes, “The bastard has been coveting me since I was eleven and he placed the death curse on me when I came of age to marry. He started it. He could deal with the consequences. Just because I was human didn’t mean I was weak. At least weak-willed.”

This woman was icy, vindictive, and above all else strong. It was intimidating for the elders. Now they were scared of her. Excellent, there was improvement of the situation already.

Thomas cleared his throat but he was still looking at Simone who now held a bored look. “I would be willing to agree to that. I think the other elders as well,” he motioned to the men who nodded. The fact Simone was infertile didn’t help them at all anymore. The fact it couldn’t be undone by a goddess was nearly terrifying.

“There’s one thing we should have said in the beginning. With the full moon tonight, this place is unreachable. You’ll have to stay until… Well, the way opens. It will be in two days.”

“It’s a good thing Lewis works fast to find me,” Simone huffed a bit and the Elder took a moment to look Lewis over. To say Lewis wasn’t what he was expecting for her husband was an understatement. There had to be so much more to it.

“So… What are our opinions since we are stuck here?” Simone looked at the Elder. “My husband is pissed he cannot sleep in my room with me.”

“…We could arrange something. The others can’t know until we get you off the island.”

“…What are you going to do SNEAK him?” Simone narrowed her eyes.

“No, but we can have our guards leave the area and he can sneak,” Thomas shrugged his shoulders. “You have those loyal to you and those that listen to us. If anything happens we can handle it… but if you outright say anything…”

“It could start something… All of us pinned up in here isn’t… fun at all.” She looked at Lewis and actually smiled which terrified the elders more. “Anything else you can think of Love?”