Roleplay Forums > Guilds > Talonwind Trading Company > A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Lewis was good at embellishing their story. Simone looked up at Lewis and it was true that their first encounter was… Something else. She had been sixteen and they had mastered the Lady Azure persona. Martha had instructed her. Know better. Do better. Use people so that the duchy could survive. She got too close to Lewis that first night. It was embarrassing to her.

Avery got excited, “I remember when you two met now!” Avery who had become king very young got a look from Simone.

“SHH! STOP! Don’t say anything,” Simone was bright red and was looking up at Lewis.

“I lit the fireworks!” Avery was excited.

“SHH!” Simone didn’t want Lewis to know she was the one who broke up the first meeting.

“What?” Avery was looking at Simone. “You told me to do it just in case you needed help.” Simone facepalmed.

“Why don’t you give out all my secrets?” Simone looked at Avery. “…Don’t open your mouth please…”

“…Was he not supposed to know?”

Simone was more embarrassed than ever, “I didn’t know Lewis at the time. Lady Azure was very sultry and he got close to me. I didn’t know how to handle it… I acted…” She blushed and looked up at Lewis. “A rabbit.”

"So that's why he calls you a rabbit," Llywellyn smirked a bit. "You've always been like a damn stoat with us." Simone was blushing and she looked up at Lewis. "So timid~"

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Other than Jerome, the other guests seem to be loving the ‘entertainment’ that was being provided. The rest of the night went off without a hitch, and soon Lewis excused himself and Simone for the evening. The guests started to trickle out as well, some electing to stay the night and others leaving to go back to their own realms.

The moment that Lewis and Simone entered the room, Simone begged to be released from the torment that was her corset. It wasn’t long before she was naked and standing before Lewis ,blushing and timid.

“I will never get tired of this,” Lewis said with a smirk as he did a little ‘spin’ motion. “Go on…”

Simone turned a brighter red, shaking her head with embarrassment. “N-no!”

“Come now little rabbit…”

Upon hearing her pet name, she shivered, and slowly twirled around.

“Poor little rabbit…all embarrassed…” He moved with a swift motion and swept her into his arms. “Let me take the embarrassment away for a time…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone looked at him with a blush as he scooped her up. “Never tire of it? What if I stop reacting to you?” He was taking her to bed which seemed to be their new nightly activity.

“Start coming up with new ways to make you react,” Lewis gave a smirk as he took her to bed.

And he was rude about it. He knew the guests were nearby. In the morning, Llywellyn and the guests couldn’t let Lewis or Simone in the eyes. Simone was sitting there in a conservative dress blushing. Sylva and Martha were upset that she was kept up most of the night.

“Master Lewis, I don’t need to remind you that you need to go easy on her. You have to let her sleep eventually. She needs to look well rested for your wedding,” Sylva lectured and Martha was nodding. “Or else she’s going to get pregnant.” Simone spit her juice out.

Luckily it was mostly close people from the informants and her friends. They were shocked but they looked at Simone and Simone looked at Lewis. “Well he does call her Rabbit…” Avery commented and Simone went bright red again.

Dusk

Character Info
“She will have plenty of time to rest,” Lewis said with a smirk. “And if she is to get pregnant, then that is the will of the Goddess.” It was curious that he had not heard from his benefactor in quite some time. Perhaps she was enjoying the current events…

“Besides, it has been some time since I have been with my betrothed. I will spend as much time as I wish with her…” He glanced over to Simone. “Or has my little rabbit lost interest in me so quickly?”

Simone stared at Lewis with her wide eyes. “I…could never tire of you,” she said breathlessly.

“See? Do not worry…” Lewis thought for a moment. “Though…now that you mention it, I think Simone would look gorgeous while pregnant in a wedding dress.”

At that, Llywellyn choked on the biscuit he was eating.

Simone

Character Info
Simone blushed and looked away, “You’re always saying things like that.”

“Because it’s true,” Lewis pushed her hair behind her ear and watched her get shy again.

“I do believe that we can approve of your marriage,” the head of the council spoke up and Simone smiled a bit. “You two make a lovely power couple and you’ll help lead us into a better future.”

Simone steeped her tea finally now that she could look away from her fiance. “I think so too.”

“Why did you piss off Godwin during the trial?” Now the real questions began and Simone looked up at Lewis. She hadn’t started in on the meaty goodness.

“The Godwins are wrapped up with the coast. The coast has been a problem for generations but recently they’ve been actively making shit worse. We’ve done our best to temper them down between Avery and myself. Obviously, we couldn’t involve others. Godwin is directly involved and the bonus of getting rid of Jerome in the process…”

“Is just a bonus to you,” Llywellyn spoke up and looked at her. “When did you get so vicious?”

“A long time ago… but I’m only vicious to those who deserve it…” Simone gave a smile. “Being an informant is not revealing all the cards until necessary.”

Dusk

Character Info
The politics were easy enough to follow, but Lewis barely had a word to say about it all. He knew only a fragment of what Simone knew about her own internal politics, since these were all of the more gossipy sides of things. Lewis was much better with factual information’ finances, land deeds, contracts, and anything that had a traceable paper trail.

The conversations kept up through the morning, and Lewis excused himself and walked out. He was met with one of his assassins, who had a note for him.

“Your benefactor has a message,” the assassin said as he handed over a piece of parchment.

Lewis took it, and opened the roll of paper, taking his time to read it. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, and scoffed as he reached the bottom of the page. “It seems she approves of my new ‘methods’ in guiding the world.” The assassin glowered as he crumpled the page. “I swear she will be the end of me…”

“Is there a problem, White Raven?”

“She wants us to rush the wedding…” Lewis took a deep breath.

Lewis waltzed into the dining hall with a wide smile across his face. “My beloved Simone…I was a proposal for you.” His voice rang out and silenced the chatter. “Let us get married this weekend. Four days…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone was talking with the other ladies so when Lewis came in and said it her face got bright red. “This weekend?!” She thought about it and the other noblemen clapped besides Jerome who looked frustrated.

She looked up at Martha and Sylva, “Is it possible?”

“We can have your dress done by tomorrow,” the maids answered. “Master Lewis is absolutely not allowed to see you in it though.”

“I think he can put up with it,” Simone chuckled.

“He’s not allowed near the room where you’ll be trying it on. He isn’t even allowed to be in the estate,” Martha nodded.

“…He’s not allowed ten miles near the estate,” Sylva looked up at Lewis and smiled. “He has work to do.”

"I'm literally the king of assassins. You can't stop me.…" Lewis crossed his arms.

“I think you can wait for the wedding day to see my dress… Don’t ruin the surprise for yourself,” Simone smiled. “Sylva can you send out the invitations? Make our wedding for the morning four days from now.”

Sylva bowed, “As you wish Lady Simone.”

“I shall prepare the martial suite and the martial gowns!” Martha got excited. “That I will be hiding in a special place away from Master Lewis. Because he can’t behave.” Sylva was nodding. “He would put her right in them and have her spin around.”

Simone was bright red, “Not in front of everyone please…” The maids went off to do their work. Sylva already had plans and she was sure that she had actually started on them.

“I invite everyone back this weekend for our wedding,” Simone smiled up at her loving fiance.

Simone was standing there the day of the wedding getting the very last fitting for her dress. It was a gorgeous dark blue gown that had a very long train. It took Martha and Sylva a long time to figure out her jewelry but she looked exquisite.

Of course, Lewis was true to his word for trying to see her. Sylva was on top of him though as she caught him with a variety of traps. “Master Lewis,” Sylva looked down at him. “It is time for you to get dressed. The wedding is in a few minutes. It was a valiant attempt.”

All the lords of the land were there to see the duchess get married to Lord Terrowin. They were interested in what she would do next and the mysterious Lord Terrowin that only some knew the identity of was of interest too. So when Llywellyn walked her down in her father’s stead he handed her off to him.

“See? It was worth waiting,” Simone whispered it up to him. She was stunning everyone.

Dusk

Character Info
Sylva was perhaps the best maid that Lewis had ever known. She performed all of her duties without fail, and even some that were not even in her role. What impressed the Assassin King most, though, was her ability to seem completely calm and collected the entire time.

“I swear you aren’t human,” Lewis said as he started to get dressed.

“I am merely one hell of a maid, Lord Terrowin,” she said as she helped him with his tie. “Do behave today.” She smiled, and winked. “I can show you a passage from ‘My Unsheathed Sword’ if you want ideas for how the wedding night should end though.” There was a twinkle in her eye.

“N-no thanks,” he replied as he backed away. “Let’s just…get this over with.”

Lewis hated weddings. He wouldn’t even be having one if it weren’t for the fact that he promised Simone and his benefactor that it would happen. It wasn’t that he hated the act itself, but more so the fact that it was such a public affair. He was on high guard as he walked to his spot, waiting for Simone. If there was ever a chance to assassinate someone, this would be the ultimate time to do it.

“Only a fool would let their guard down for something so trivial,” Lewis muttered. The sex was fun. Playing the loving and adoring couple was obnoxious, but it had its amusing parts. This, though, was taking the farce a little too far. Sure, he enjoyed Simone’s company, hell…he was even a little protective of his little rabbit, but this was all still just to save face.

At least, that was what he was trying to tell himself. All thoughts of this faded when the music started, and the bride began to walk up the isle.

In the absence of her father, Llywellyn was the one to walk her up the aisle. There was a glare from someone in the pews’ Avery looked as though he had been roughoused. Apparently there had been an argument on who would walk the lovely bride down the aisle.

Simone looked beautiful despite the nervousness in her eyes as she approached the podium. Her stormy eyes looked into Lewis’ hazel, and he felt something stir.

Was this really a farce? Was this all just for her to keep her lands? Was this all for his benefactor?

Simone cleared her throat. ““This is all so short notice. Did you know I didn’t even know I was getting married so soon…” Her voice quivered, but she seemed to gain some of the confidence she had as Lady Azure. ”There’s no one I would rather have for my partner. Now, always, forever, until death, beyond death, until the end of time…” Her voice trailed off. She thought it had sounded much better in her head.

Lewis smiled back. “It was good…be proud.” He looked at the crowd, and mustered up a vow. He hadn’t planned for one, but now he felt he had to give at least something. “We’ve come so impossibly far from the day I met you. To me, you were merely another target, one more to knock off the list and move on.” That got a few looks from the crowd, and an eyebrow raise from Simone. It was not public knowledge that he once tried to assassinate her. He did hope that it wouldn’t put a damper on things. When I first met you as the Lady Azure, I had no idea what to expect from someone who was so…forward.” Again, there was more nervous laughter. “I…guess I’ll speak from the heart.” As much as he tried to pretend that it wasn’t true…he knew that everything he would say would be the truth.

“I love you with all of my heart and soul. I am excited for the life we will build and the children we will raise. For you, I would walk to the end of the world..for you, I would wait until the end of time. For you, I would wait even beyond death itself. For you, I would do anything…” He closed his eyes. “For you, and only you…”

There was a sniffle from the crowd as Avery blew his nose loudly. That got a few genuine chuckles.

“Then, do you, Lewis Terrowin, the White Raven, take this lovely woman to be your bride?”

“I do,” Lewis said with a smile.

“Very good. And do you, Simone Beatrice Monte Auclair, the Lady Azure, take this handsome man to be your husband?”

“I do-”

There was a strange sound, like a string snapping, and suddenly Simone lurched unnaturally. “W-wha?” She looked down to see something very strange. There was something sticking out of her dress. It was strange indeed…Sylva and Martha had worked so very hard on this dress. There shouldn’t have been anything wrong with it.

“L-Lewis…the dress…” Simone looked up at him with confused eyes. “Sylva and Martha will be mad…about the dress…”

That was the last thing she remembered before she collapsed.

Simone

Character Info
The chaos that happened next was in a whole new world. The women were screaming and Lewis was standing there with blood on him from the bolt that came through Simone. His wide hazel eyes watched as Simone limped to the ground. Avery and Llywellyn were hopping over people rushing to Simone’s side. “Lewis! Snap out of it!” Avery grabbed him as another bolt launched missing Lewis. It wasn’t long before Sylva had caught the assassin. However, the assassin had killed himself by biting off his own tongue.

“Mone,” Llywellyn was shaking her. “Mone, you have to stay conscious.” The elf king was screaming. “MONE!”

“She isn’t breathing…” Avery looked up at Lewis. “She’s dead.” It was a single bolt through her heart. An expertly placed shot.

Dusk

Character Info
All of the chaos around Lewis didn’t matter. It barely mattered when he was shoved out of the way of the second bolt. All he could focus on was the arrow sticking out of Simone’s heart. That one, well placed arrow had taken from him something ever so important.

He had never felt this sensation before. A loss so extreme that he felt as though he had died. He hadn’t even known her for that long…all of this was merely a ploy for her to keep her lands. Nothing more, and nothing less. He hadn't known her-

My name is Lady Azure, her voice rang. He had known her for years. He had always known her. Those casual nights of flirting and enjoying a drink as they talked about the world. Those nights where the information well ran dry, and they started talking about anything and everything…books, plays, and other trivial matters. Those nights where he hoped that he would see her again come next time…

“My beloved…Simone..” He crawled over to her body, and cradled it. Tears were streaming down his face as he held her close. Several came to try and separate them, but Lewis clung tight to her. “No…you can’t…you can’t take her…”

“Lewis..you have to let go,” a familiar voice said finally. It was Darren who finally pulled Lewis to the side. “Sylva caught the assassin. He…he killed himself…” He helped Lewis up.

“I’ll kill whoever ordered this,” Lewis said with a shaky voice. “I’ll hunt him to the ends of the earth. I’ll hunt him down to the edge of time….I’ll do whatever it takes to kill him…I want to watch as the life leaves his eyes…”

He looked down at Simone. “I…love you. I never…had a chance to say it…”

Sylva appeared next to him, helping Darren hold him up. “She knew, Master Lewis…I’m sure she knew…now let’s get you cleaned up…”