Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:46 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis smirked. “A new empire…run by the Aucliar family.” He thought about if for a moment. “Never was much for ruling, but you do have a great knack for it.” He walked over to Simone and looked into her eyes. “A fearsome Queen, and her deadly King beside her…I think we could unite the world…”

He laughed, and kissed her. “But that can come after the honeymoon. I couldn’t be bothered until then…” But that, indeed, was the the plan. With the blessing of the Goddess, Lewis and Simone consolidated their powers and created a nation that could not be rivaled…

Some tried to stop it, but most embraced the new age. It was a time of peace and prosperity…

The end?

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:41 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone tilted her head at him and shook it. “I’ll learn. After all, if we are partners I have to learn right?” She wasn’t as innocent as everyone thought she was. This was all going according to not only their plan but something so much more as well. “We should report this to Llywellyn and have him handle it from here. He could probably use it for all the more reason to take down the Shades.”

She took a seat in the room and watched Jerome’s corpse. “And we can use Vista to our advantage. We still need to put Godwin under our thumb… And Jerome gave us a good way to do it.” She tilted her head and thought about it. “Tell Martha and Sylva to prepare for our wedding reception now that we can have one. We’ll handle everything there.”

Simone looked up at Lewis. “After that… We can go on a honeymoon if you want,” she sounded so shy as she thought about it. “The coast is pretty and once we have Godwin under our control we don’t have to worry about it anymore.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:36 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Watching the realization dawn on Jerome’s face was something quite spectacular. It was amusing to Lewis’ first the shock, then the rage. The worm of a man strained against his restraints.

For the most part, Lewis stayed silent during their exchange as he opened the bottle for Simone. He smiled and poured a glass for Simone and himself, and took a sip.

“It seems you were trying so hard to amass power, and you failed,” Lewis said as he drew a dagger, offering it to Simone. “At this point, any further conversation at this point will result in nothing substantial.”

Simone hesitantly took the dagger. She had watched Lewis do this once, and even participated a little. A part of her wanted to let her husband do all of it; the blood wasn’t something she could handle, but there was something personal about the dagger meeting corrupted flesh.

“Oops,” she said as she cut too deep the first time. Jerome hissed, trying hard to fight against his restraints.

“Try again, but this time…hold this way.” Lewis carefully adjusted her grip. “You’ll have a better grip…”

“You’re revolting,” Jerome screamed. “A freak. An abomination!”

Lewis smirked. “After you practice…I’ll show you how easy it is to remove a tongue…”

—-

It took hours. There were a few times they had to stop and heal Jerome just to prolong the agony. Simone did a good job, but ultimately had to sit out for the more brutal acts of torture.

In the end, he died begging for mercy. At least, that’s what Lewis assumed he was saying. It was hard to tell without the tongue.

“He’s unrecognizable,” the assassin said with a smirk. “He was never here. This was another assassin who was sent to kill you, and I interrogated him.” That was the official story. Lewis and Simone had come back, knowing they were tailed by an assassin. The staff was dismissed for their safety, and Lewis took care of the problem personally.

“You did well for your first time. I fully understand if you never want to do it again…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:20 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

It was like watching animals scurry. They didn’t really have any questions as they ran. She said to leave and they did. The less they knew the less of a chance their mistress would get in trouble for what she was about to do. Simone changed into something more comfortable after all of the commotions and came in with Lewis. She wrapped her arms around his waist and peeked around him. “Yeah, he used to be a bit more handsome when we were younger but… Karma.”

Batting her eyes up at Lewis she nodded, “I’m not too good with revenge plots I’ll admit. Blood makes me queasy but… He took my life from me over jealousy. Though I am sure my husband is much more upset than I am.” She gave a smirk and watched as Jerome started to come to.

His eyes were fixated on Lewis at first, “What? Your wife died and now you have to take it out on me? Trying to make Vista feel the same way you did? That won’t bring Simone back.”

Simone had hidden behind Lewis at first and Jerome noticed the movement of someone else in the room. “Who’s with you? A new lover already?”

Peeking her head out she gave Jerome a look. “Hardly.”

“…How the fuck… I watched you die.”

“You should have stayed for the entire show instead of running off like a coward,” Simone went over to a table and hummed a bit. “Someone brought me back for Lewis. A wedding present.” She gave a smile. “Love, I’m having a hard time getting this open…” It was a bottle of wine and two glasses. She puffed up her face as she struggled. “I give up… Fix it,” she pointed her dainty finger at the bottle and pouted at Lewis. She had never been good at opening wine bottles even as Lady Azure.

“Now, I’m sure you’ve realized by now why we have you here… Why did you put the bounty on me?”

“…I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jerome denied it but Simone threw the paperwork at him.

“Don’t be a fucking idiot. We didn’t go through all this trouble so you could tell us you didn’t do it,” her eyes narrowed on him. “You’ve always been a sly bastard but when were you going to tell Godwin that you were going to kill Vista?”

Jerome’s face never changed, “That’s entirely your fault.”

“Killing your poor pregnant wife,” Simone didn’t leave Lewis’s side. “She’s no good to you anymore. It was a poison crest on her brooch she was wearing,” she spoke up to Lewis. “It would slowly kill her and the baby.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:10 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

And of course, no one ever saw Lewis when he wished it so. The two had moved perfectly in synch, and there was no way that either of them were seen, and no trackable traces of their presence was left.

“Wherever is fine,” Lewis said. “As long as we clean up after ourselves and pay off the right people, it won’t matter where we take care of this business.” He knew of several places that would work, but a comfortable room sounded nice for once. Ht was hoping that Simone wouldn’t mind a little blood in the carpet.

Ultimately, they made their way to the dutchy. It was easy enough to ‘order’ everyone out of the manor. The less eyes to see anything, the less lies were needed to cover things up. Lewis took Jerome into one of the many rooms, and tied the man to a chair. He removed the bag over his head, and took a step back.

“Ugly bastard up close,” Lewis said with a sneer. “Guess when you live your life in sin, it catches up…” He sighed. “Once he wakes up, I’ll let you start. You have the most at stake here.” He paused. “I’ll make sure you don’t kill him, though…I want at least one turn…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:02 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone looked comforted with Lewis’s words and nodded as he called them partners. She moved her hand up to his and wove her fingers. “Partners.” He let her rest but not too much before other activities happened. They had time for more rest before they decided to enact a place.

It was simple yet effective. They ambushed Jerome’s carriage headed back to his estate. Most likely he was coming back with the new wife he had acquired. First, they managed to get the carriage to break its wheel. They waited in the shadows of the trees.

“Jerome, this is all your fault,” the blonde threw herself onto the carriage seat as Jerome came out to ask what happened with the coach.

“Hush Vista,” Jerome snapped at her and pulled at his hair a bit. Looks like the newly wedded couple wasn’t that happy after all. It got a smile from Simone who was quick to take out the coach knocking him out. Lewis came up and threw a sack over Jerome’s head. Vista who was blissfully unaware only came out after she didn’t hear Jerome anymore. “HELP!”

Throwing the man over the horse Simone looked up at Lewis. “Have me ride with you,” there was a smirk as they linked the horses and traveled together. “I think we can borrow a room for this at the duchy… Unless you think we should take him somewhere else?” She tilted her head up at Lewis.

Vista’s screaming was bound to bring more people eventually… Whether it was good or bad who knew. As long as they never saw Lewis and Simone the duchess didn’t care one way or another.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:57 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis took off his cloak and the variety of daggers that were strapped to his body. “For someone who’s not acclimated, you did very well. I’d say you have a natural talent for it, though I’d recommend getting better at controlling your squeamishness if you intend on taking any more jobs.” He was smiling, and he walked over to her, sitting down at her side. “Partners, through thick and thin…” He held up his hand, looking at the ring on his finger.

What had started out as nothing more than a mistake had evolved into so much in such a short time. That damned Goddess had a part in it too, but in the end it was all their own doing. He looked over to see that Simone had drifted off while leaning against him, and he smirked. He’d let her sleep for awhile before moving her to the bed. After that, maybe a little extra work, and then more rest.

And after that would be Jerome. Lewis would make sure that he would have a slow and painful death. There were plenty of ways to keep a man alive even through the most extreme tortures, and Lewis was privy to a wide variety of ways to do so. He smirked. This was going to be a fun night.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:52 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone looked over Lewis’s shoulder and kissed it. “This is very, very good. We should probably leave though and let Llywellyn know about this.”

Taking out a communication mirror once they were in the clear Simone woke Llywellyn up. “Why are you covered in blood?”

“Business… I have some information for you… These are the people who took the job of killing me.” She relayed everything to Llywellyn and luckily for them it was in his borders. The lazy king even pulled himself out of bed to immediately take care of it. She put the mirror away and looked up at Lewis.

“We should enjoy playing with our food a bit. First a bath… And sleep…” She sighed a bit. “Then I’m going to fuck with Jerome.” She got them back to the Silver Chalice and Calypse took a look at them.

“You two have been through hell tonight…” Calypse chuckled and took them up to a private room that was Simones. “You can rest and get freshened up here. This side of the house should be quiet.”

“Thanks, Calypse,” Simone closed the door and Simone slid down it. Her nerves finally had her shaking. “I didn’t think I would make it. You do that stuff all the time but I’ve never… It was my first time.” She laughed a bit and smiled up at him. “Guess we’re really partners now… Aren’t we?”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:46 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“Mr. Lyons here is a liability. He dies now,” Lewis said as he put a dagger through the man’s neck. “Sometimes we leave them alive to send a message. But in this case, we want to strike first.” He cleaned off the dagger, and walked over to the mirror. “No time for breaks. The Shades should be close by. We have the sigil, and…” He walked over and pulled a pin with the sigil on it. “We have a way in…”

“We’ll want to go as quietly as possible. In and out, only taking what we need. Two people aren’t enough to take down an organization. At best, we can relay everything to Llywelyn and have him deal with it.”

The two made their way to the location that ‘Lyon’ had said their base of operations was. It wasn’t too difficult for Lewis to sneak the two of them in, and it wasn’t long before they found themselves in a large room with thousands of files. “Any organization like this takes particular care in knowing their clients…” He walked over to a cabinet, and thumbed through it.

“Since we already suspect Jerome…” He pulled out the file and smirked. “Bingo.” He opened it. “All of the transactions. Here’s the hit he paid out for you and I on the very top.” He handed the file over. “And of course a lot of other juicy bits…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:29 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone’s face would have flushed under any other circumstance but she wanted to get to the bottom of who paid for the attack. She took off her cloak and threw it. “Lyon, that’s what they call you right?”

“What the fuck about it bitch?” Simone smacked him across the face after he spoke.

“You’ll talk to me with more respect than that. After all… You have no upper hand here… Hell, you don’t even have any pants.”

They were in the room for a bit with Lewis showing Simone some techniques to get information out of people. She got sick at first but she got more comfortable with it. They made Lyon squeal, the information he had was enough for them to put another part of the puzzle together.

“So… They’re called The Shades. Not a very impressive name I’ll admit but…” She sighed a bit. “We have our name. This is the organization that was paid for my hit so… I guess we should… Get who paid the hit for me?”

She looked up at him. “Do we do it now or do we take a break?”

Lyon was tied to a chair and he was trembling. They hadn’t killed him but Lewis had gotten very close. “I don’t know much about assassins to be honest. That is more your thing.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:20 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

It was incredible the way that Simone was acting. If he didn’t know any better, he would think that this version of Simone was a completely different person. But, it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to Lewis; she had plenty of years to perfect her Lady Azure, and she likely took other lessons in acting to help supplement it.

“Right,” he said as they both made their way up to the room. It wasn’t difficult figuring out which room they wanted. The door flew open, and Lewis and Simone walked in.

Surely enough, ‘Lyon’ was caught mid act, and the look on his face was pure rage.

“Who the fuck do you thi-”

Lewis took a step forward, dropping his persona. “Leave.” His eyes went to the woman on top of him. The cold gaze that the assassin had was more than enough to strike terror into the woman, and she left, running away without even taking her clothes. Simone slammed the door behind, letting the click resound.

“Mr. Lyon,” Lewis said as he took another step forward. “We have some…business with you….”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:04 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone learned something new about Lewis in that tavern, his acting was good. She was keeping herself hidden but compared to how she looked at the duchy she wasn’t really all that concerned about being noticed.

“What proof you got?” The man asked as he took a look at the two.

Reaching into her pocket she tossed two rings on the table. They were bloodied. “We got the duchess through the heart but… Wouldn’t you know it? That asshole actually loved her. Bled all over the place. Real fucking mess.”

The man inspected the rings, “This is gold from a Monte mine alright and her sigil is in it.” It was a good thing that Simone had a second set of rings made just in case. They were coming in mighty handy right about now. “If you need to speak with Lyon… he’s upstairs right now with a whore. He doesn’t like being interrupted though.”

Simone rolled her eyes. “Men and their fucking whores. That’s why shit doesn’t get done right,” pushing herself up she sighed a bit. “If you won’t go get the bastard we will.”

The woman was ballsy and the shady man was staring at her, “Not many woman folk like you willing to put a knife in something.”

“I’m not looking for anyone to put anything in me,” Simone leaned down as she caught what he was going to say. “The key for the room now.”

“He’ll kill ya,” the man slid the key across the table and Simone put some coins in his hand.

“He can try,” Simone gave a smirk. “Highly doubt he’ll be able to do anything if he’s balls deep.” The duchess spun the key on her finger. “Come on partner let’s go get our fucking payment. If we’re lucky we’ll get dinner and a show.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:55 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“I could never think of you as boring,” he said as the women came up.

Talking with the working girls revealed a lot of information, but only some of it was useful at first glance. Lewis wrote down all of the pertinent information, and thanked the women for their time as they dispersed. He looked over the names and the sigil again, and nodded. “Okay, so we have some decent leads at least.”

“The names. We have Ethan, Raphael Valentine, and Lyon.” Lewis nodded in agreement at the possibility that Lyon was a false name. “But we can use all of this to our advantage. We just need to find the taverns that the guilds use, and shake up a few fools.” He looked at Simone. “Do you trust me, little rabbit?”

A garbed Lewis and Simone barreled into the tavern. “For fuck’s sake,” he said with a foreign accent. “I can’t believe that dumbass went and got himself killed.” He wandered over to the bar, and slammed his fist down. “I need a stiff drunk. Top shelf. And pour one out for dear Ethan…” He tossed a small bag of coins onto the bar. “Hell, rounds on the house…”

“For Ethan!” One man said, and a few others nodded.

Lewis smirked underneath the robe. Jackpot.

He took his drink, and motioned Simone to take the corner with a shady man. There was an air about the shady man. He was the one who handed out the jobs. Lewis sat down with Simone, and took a large gulp of his frothing ale. “I need to speak to Lyon. That asshole owes me money for the job that Ethan failed to do…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:33 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was bright red as Lewis spoke. “CALYPSEEEEEE,” Simone squealed as she pulled the madam to her. “You are going to get me fucked to death,” Simone was whispering angrily at her.

“Oh my~” Calypse was giggling at the young woman. “He is just what you needed. I can see why you were so taken in.” Calypse let Simone go so she could take the papers. “Let me ask my girls. They all are loyal to Simone since she keeps our lives in a good light.”

“Loyalty sometimes has a price,” Simone chuckled a bit and they waited. She looked up at Lewis and smiled, “I trust you, by the way. I’m just scared you’ll find me boring after seeing so many good-looking bodies.” She was self-conscious.

Simone paused as she saw three girls running over to her, “SIMONEE!” They were hugging her and almost went to the floor with her. “We heard you were hurt. What jackass would take a hit on you! We’d tear his hair out.” They were checking her over and then they noticed her husband. “Look what you landed! He is so much better than that pig Jerome. He can’t even slap my ass right.”

“Please don’t say you want to test Lewis…” Simone looked self conscious again.

“And ruin your self esteem anymore than it is? Never,” the red head spoke up. “Jerome did enough to you on that end. Fuck that guy. Hey husband guy, you should take Jerome out with a letter opener. He’s so cruel to our Simone. Parading sluts in front of her in and out of his bedroom when she was visiting.”

Simone withdrew a bit and gave a smile, “We’ll take care of it. I appreciate your concern…” The number he did on her was visible even now. “So… Do you lot know anything about what Calypse showed you?”

“The man who’s dead is named Ethan. He’s a good fuck from up north but he does a lot of jobs here in this area. He’s part of a group but he never gave me a name. He did, however, receive letters from them on occasion with a sigil.”

“Can you draw this sigil?”

“I sure as fuck can! He was a solid fuck so I tend to remember my boys a bit more. Shame he was such a cunt though,” the brunette was speaking now as she sighed. “Let me get some paper.” He ran off.

“Oh… Hey Mary… We know this one,” the red hair pointed at the other with blonde hair. They looked at it together. “Oh, he’s a dirty fucker. He likes two bitches sometimes three. He really likes Jessica but since she’s popular he tends to take us both. If he can get her he has threesomes,” the redhead nodded and the blonde had a look on her face.

“Fucking asshole owes us money…” Mary sighed. “He’ll probably pay up in a month or so. He’s the son of some count not that far from the duchy. He isn’t under your justification though if I’m remembering the map right. His name is Raphael Valentine… That third man though… Oi Trish.” A fourth woman came in. “Isn’t this your whacko boy?”

“Oh yeahhhh. He punched Peter in the face and got banned here for a while,” Trish nodded. “His name is Lyon. Don’t have a last name though. He is savvy and always pays upfront.”

“A first name is great… Thanks…” Simone gathered the names up and the sigil. “It looks like it’s a tree with a wolf?” She tilted her head. “I’m not too good with sigils I’m afraid.”

They left out the backdoor and Simone sighed, “Lyon is probably a fake name. We can try to follow up on it but… I doubt we’ll get anything good out of it.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:15 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis, for the most part, kept to himself when they entered the Silver Chalice. Even when he was spoken to directly by Calpyse, he tried to shrug off her statements as nothing. He could almost feel the writhing jealousy pouring off of Simone, and he was aware that any move he made could stoke those flames.

Of course, he had no desire for any of the women here. From the few that Lewis could see from the door, they were all beautiful in their own ways. And just one of the few movements alone that he caught, they were all trained in more than just service…

“It’s a pleasure,” he said as he took a bow. “I…wasn’t aware that Simone had such a crush.” He gave her a sly look with a smirk. “We have much to learn about each other…and hopefully plenty of time to do so.” He took a moment to take in his surroundings again…a bad habit of being an assassin.

“There is a chance that, if things go well, we can g et out of the dangerous side of this business,” Lewis said. He puled out a few parchments and handed them to Calpyse. “This man is dead. But my sources say that he’s associated with this one here.” He pointed to the second parchment. “Five days ago, these two were seen exchanging money with the third…” He pointed again. “That man is a noble. But I’ve never seen him before, so not one of the big players…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:03 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The few days of rest allowed her to catch up on the work for the duchy as well as distribute tasks to the help now that they knew it was just her. Lewis was no slouch either as he helped her handle the day-to-day business. It was smooth and there wasn’t any stress. Their partnership was inspiring viewing it from the outside in.

The passion that followed during the night even had the maids blushing towards her and it made Simone a bit self-conscious, which only encouraged Lewis even more.

Pulling up her hood she nodded to Lewis, “Alright, stay close and watch the road.” Simone looked rather plain wearing her commoner’s outfit. They first made their way into the city of Tipal. It was a bustling little city but they were heading for the darker side of it. There were magic lights, catcalls everywhere, and even drunks.

It was certainly something to see and Simone wasn’t scared as she tied her horse off in a stable attached to a small house not too far. “They should be fine here. You’ll watch them right Velvet?” A girl exited the house and came over.

“Hey, I’ll do whatever as long as you pay me.” Simone threw a sack of money and shrugged. “You were never here as always.”

“Thanks, we might be a bit so if anyone comes asking about the horses… make something up.” Simone waved her hand and took Lewis’s. “We’re going to the Silver Chalice. It’s a high-end brothel that the lords like to use. We’re meeting with three of the hostesses there. The lords’ favorites if you will.” And boy would they love Lewis.

They came up to a large manor of sorts and Simone went around back and knocked on the door. “Who is it?” The voice was feminine and young.

“Men are nothing but pigs and the world is ours for the taking,” Simone said up close to the doors.

“Fuck their wives,” the woman opened it and looked at Lewis. “I knew you got married… but.”

“Better not be cursing me,” Simone grit her teeth a little, and the busty blonde hugged her tightly and Simone squirmed. “LET ME GO! You stink of layers of fucking perfume Calypse.”

Calypse started to laugh, “Your husband is so fucking adorable. Let me take him for a ride.”

“OVER MY GOD DAMN BODY,” Simone hissed but it was very clear they were playing.

“Welcome to my Silver Chalice. All of my ladies are the best,” Calypse spoke to Lewis with a purr and then looked down to Simone’s glare. “Though for their safety you are outlawed from ordering.”

“Thanks for respecting me,” Simone grit her teeth.

“I say mine but Simone owns it,” Calypse led the two through the back door where the kitchen was busy at work. “It’s safe to freely speak in this room.”

“I found Calypse almost dead and decided to help her. Paid her owner and let her set up the Silver Chalice. It has two functions.”

“Three if you count the number of nobles you’ve had us slip poison.”

“Okay. Four functions. Some of that wasn’t poison,” Simone made a face. “It was to sterilize them.”

“My vicious little duchessss~” Calpyse was hugging her again. “She’s just so fucking cute. I’m glad you are alright though.”

“Don’t worry if I die I’ve left a will,” Simone sighed a bit. “You would be well taken care of.”

“Not what I’m worried about. A girl your age… You are way too young to be doing shit like this. I told you that six years ago and I’m telling you again.”

“Don’t worry about me Calypse. I want to introduce my husband to you. This is Lewis Terrowin.”

Calpyse took a look at him and then at Simone, “Is he related to that man you wanted advice on… What was it… The White–” Simone dove and covered her mouth. “IT IS!” Calypse pushed her hand away. “Simone had such a crush on you! She didn’t know how to handle herself the first time she met you!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:44 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“What is she going to do…watch?” Lewis asked. As if on cue, there was a gust of wind indoors that caught the paper, throwing it into Lewis’ face. “Point taken…fucking perverted Goddess…”

The days passed with little excitement, other than a few semi-loud nights. Taking care of Simone was like second nature to Lewis. What surprised him, though, was the fact that she noticed his exhaustion and forced him to slow down and rest. Was this what couples were really like? Constantly taking care of each other?

The three days came to an end, and as the sun started to set, Lewis and Simone set off into the night. The moon started to rise, illuminating their path as they rode their horses. “Lead the way!” Lewis called out as he fell back, letting Simone take the lead. It would be a long night, and he hoped that she had enough time to recover.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:07 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Avery looked up at Lewis and smirked, “Her issue isn’t with you. It’s with the whores. They always make fun of her and her smal–” Simone took her slipper off and smacked Avery with it.

“DON’T YOU DARE,” Simone yelled at him. “Those lousy whores will flirt with him in front of me.”

“…Yeah… They will,” Avery smirked a bit. “She just doesn’t want to hear it.”

Simone nodded and smiled at Lewis, “You still have to heal me with the salve. A bath does sound good.” She sighed a bit and put her hair over her shoulder. “We move in three days. Together. We should take horses and leave the estate at night. Avery can provide us with cover. My people are tight-lipped and they won’t speak of my return for right now. That will give us some room to wiggle. Avery can create illusions that are almost life-like.”

Simone was visibly tired and Avery sighed, “She’s going to run herself into the ground Lewis. I’ll take care of the travel details. You take care of your wife like a good husband and teach me how!”

Simone made a face, “Please take care of your poor ailing wife.” The duchess wrapped her arms around Lewis’s waist. “Bath, sleep… Ah… There’s a note too…” She pulled it out and showed Lewis. “Your pervert goddess… left this in my nightgown.”

It was a list of acceptable sex positions while Simone was recovering. “It makes me embarrassed to know she thought this far ahead…”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:54 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis followed Simone into her planning room, and nodded towards Avery when he bowed. He was used to people bowing before him, but it was odd when it came from another noble. Avery had a massive amount of respect for Simone, and it showed. He rolled his eyes at the whore house comment; he had already more than proven his devotion for Simone. For her to question it this early…

“Likewise, I will show you my sources when we are given the opportunity,” Lewis stated. “This is, after all, a give and take. I would not take advantage of your kindness…” Anyone else he might have, but for Simone? Never. “There are other ways of loosening the lips of men. Women too…a knife in one’s knee tends to do the trick as well.” He smirked. “If you wish to learn those tricks, it will take time. But for now…we will rely on your sources.” He was dancing around the subject of what ‘pleased’ men. It didn’t really matter right now.

And Simone had to know what please Lewis at this point.

“So we move as soon as you are able. A few days of rest should be sufficient.” Normally he would have left without her, but he had a gut feeling that if he did so, she would follow whether or not she was capable. “Eat and rest easy…we leave in three days.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:22 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“And here I thought you didn’t feel anything for me. Not really…” She got close to him before kissing him softly. “…It’s nice to know that we don’t have to pretend forever.” She put her hands into his and held them for a small amount of time. “I think after a while it might have hurt if we had no feelings.”

She thought about Jerome and sighed a bit, “We probably really pissed him off. He is an irrational human being. He was quick to dissolve our engagement thinking we were a poor house but he never looked into my inheritance from the Montes.”

Simone nodded a bit, “It’s been a while but I think if we head into the city of Tapil we can get the information we want. I happen to know a few good places for information there.” She thought about it and sighed. “If you go into the whore house I’m divorcing you,” she gave him a blank look before chuckling. “They wouldn’t be able to keep their hands off of you.”

They made their way out of the gardens and into a planning room she had. It was very organized. Avery was there and his eyes got wide as she showed up. “MONE!” He greeted Simone and bowed to Lewis out of formality. “I had a feeling you would be here soon.”

Mone nodded and she pulled out a map. “The cities of Tapil, Kram, and Vlansea. These are major ports of information that I’ve used for years.” This was hard for Mone to give up what gave her an advantage. “Since you are my husband now it’s only fair that I disclose how I come up with my information.” Avery looked nervous but nodded with Simone. “It starts with the house help. They gossip and that gives us a baseline. From there we can go into the cities and talk with the other women. The brothels in particular are great sources of information. We filter out all the information that is different and get the factual information and from there we can take the broken pieces and decide which one is the real facet of information. Men have loose lips during sex.” Simone seemed displeased with this.

“Flip a bit of silver here or there and you can get a man to squeal all his secrets for some good… Well, whatever the hell it is you men like,” Simone was bright red. “Anyways… We have a contact in each of the brothels.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:08 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The walk in the gardens was a change of pace for Lewis. The past few days while she rested were nothing but a frantic search for Lewis and his group of assassins as they worked tirelessly to track down the paper trail of the assassin. Despite his visible exhaustion, Lewis did his best to accommodate Simone in every way possible. He fretted over her clothes, making sure she was dressed warmly, and took time to scan the gardens for any threats to her safety.

“I…I’m not sure what I did,” Lewis replied honestly. He didn’t remember crying. He didn’t remember a lot of the emotions he felt. There was one, though, that he remembered vividly. “All I can remember is the feeling of my heart being ripped out.” It was the best way to describe that loss he felt. He had never experienced anything so intense in his life.

Well, except the feeling of relief when Angela told him that she lived.

Simone took some time to talk to her sources, and in the end, Jerome’s name popped up. It made sense, in a way, and Lewis was surprised he didn’t think about it beforehand. “He would have the funds to do it. I just figured he wouldn’t try with so many eyes on him.”

Lewis thought for a moment, crossing his arms. “If we work backwards, under the assumption that it is him, we might…” He closed his eyes. “The last few trails were left at dead ends. But if it’s Jerome, he has haunts. Regulars. He wouldn’t just go for any old assassin guild, he would go for one of the best. And since I wasn’t an option…and based on his time, location, and…”

This went of for a few minutes as Lewis pieced together a few strings of thought. “I think we can pin it on him. I would need to pull recent movement reports on the guilds in question…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:50 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

This Lewis was new to her. He wasn’t putting on an act for her. It was more like he was preciously holding her close to him. It made her smile and she pulled him close and pushed her head up under his chin. “I’ll think about it… Just stay here for the moment…”

Her hands gripped his and she laced her fingers with his. “We should get her a cloak or something so she isn’t cold outside Master Lewis.” It was Martha and she looked as equally concerned as Sylva who was lingering behind her.

“You knew I would choose the gardens…” Simone blushed a bit and smiled up at Lewis. “I’ll show you my favorite gardens.” She slowly got up and Angela appeared in an ethereal form.

“Ah! she’s awake good! There might be some tenderness where the bolt was so take good care of her Lewis. I sent a bird with some salve to put on her. Make sure she gets it put on where it was the next few days. It will help with the soreness.” The goddess dissipated and Simone tilted her head.

“She’s the one who saved me then?” Simone was warmly dressed and she frumphed about as the maids and even Lewis were not accepting no for an answer. She put warm little slippers on her and she took Lewis out and about into the gardens showing him all of her favorite spots. “You…” She looked up at Lewis. “Are acting like I’m something mighty precious to you.”

The dream… was oddly vivid. She put her fingers where his eyes were. “Did you cry over me?” She tilted her head. “I… vaguely recall. It’s hard. It was a dream for me. Mostly colors now that I’m awake.”

She left his side and ventured away from him. “I have an idea who put a hit on me,” she looked up at Lewis. “The only one who would benefit from my death. Your death. It is only a working theory…” Simone waved one of the female gardeners over. “Have you heard any rumors as of late?”

“Well, my friend at the Flores Estate… Said that their master was giddy about the prospect of new land and… well mines My Lady. I don’t know why he would get so much out of nowhere.” Simone crossed her arms and put her hand under her chin.

“Anything else?” The gardener shook her head. “Thank you, Bristol.” The gardener excused herself and Simone looked up at Lewis. “It looks like Jerome might be our culprit but we’ll have to dig to find who he used. It would have had to be short notice and that means there will be mistakes.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:39 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis had freaked out when she started to fake amnesia, and even started to call for Angela and Xeik. What he thought was a nightmare, though, turned out to be nothing more than an innocent prank front he awakened Simone. She smiled as she sat up, showing that, while she was alive, she was still weak.

“You have nothing to apologize for,” Lewis said as she tried to take the blame for the wedding. “I’ve been tracing a paper trail back to the best of my ability to find who put out a hit on you…” It wasn’t easy though. Most of his leads ended with nothing to show. The assassins that were used for this hit were almost as good as he was.

Almost, though, was not enough to stop Lewis. He had several more ideas on where to track them down. It was only a matter of time.

Yet, at the behest of Simone, he immediately dropped all thoughts of the assassin and took her hands. “Spending time with you is more important. What do you want to do? Rest? There’s the gardens…you could show me around the gardens. Or we can simply leave and go wherever you want…” It was like a completely different Lewis.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:15 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Angela shrugged a bit, “He would have slit her throat initially… This is all them. Sometimes it works like that.” She waved her hands and the two made their way out. “Consider this my wedding present to you both.”

Simone was groggy at best and at worst the world was blurry for a bit. He had her hand and she squeezed it. It took her a moment to recognize Lewis and realize that something had happened to her. The image of her blood all over him from the well-placed arrow. Her eyes blinked a few more times as her lips moved to form words that couldn’t yet come out. Soon though she closed her eyes and let out a soft breath. “Who are you?” She tilted her head at him.

Lewis almost immediately began to freak out and start demanding answers. He seemed to be screaming for someone but Simone let out a squeal of laughter. “I’m just playing with you.” She had enough energy for this as she began to sit up slowly.

Her black hair fell over her shoulder and her gray eyes were watching him. “You seem concerned for me.” She reached over and took his face with a smile. “That brings me great joy that you love me for real.” She had vivid dreams and she wondered if it was someone’s influence. She could see the way he had been acting while she was asleep and it was too real for her to really ignore.

“I’m sorry I ruined our wedding…” Though she had a feeling he would scold her because it was someone else’s fault. “About who killed me…” She knew she had been killed, something was telling her she had been. “I think I know who ordered it but without proof, we’re up shit creek.”

She rubbed her neck a bit and looked away, “Though to be honest… I am way too tired to think about it. I just want to spend it with you for a while… Is that okay?”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:07 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

This was all quite the revelation for Lewis. An actual Goddess was the one guiding his actions. It was a little peace of mind though that Simone had screwed up her initial plan, which at least made him feel as though he were in control of his own actions and decisions. But, of course, the most important part of it all-

“You brought her back.” That was mostly what mattered at this point. He dropped the whole deity thing real quick and instead went straight to Simone. “She’s alive?”

“Sleeping,” Xeik said as he crossed his arms. “It’ll be a few days before she wakes up. The heavy parts of the healing were done using her own energy, so it’ll take some time for her to reconcile that.” He twirled his fingers, “It’s a little more complicated than that, but-”

“Don’t care,” Lewis said as he took her into his arms. “She’s…alive…” He was cradling her. “My Simone…”

“Did you even need a love potion?” Xeik asked Angela. “He’s head over heels for her even without it…”

—-

Days passed, and the moment Simone woke up, Lewis was in the room before anyone else could make it. Sylva stopped everyone else at the door, making sure not to overwhelm the newly awakened Simone.

“Simone…are you…are you okay?” Lewis reached out to take her hand.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:56 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Angela waved her hand, “I told you I can’t interfere whenever I want. I can however have someone interfere for me.” She smirked towards Lewis. “Think of yourself like my dagger.”

Llywellyn had a look on his face, “You watch them having sex?”

“I watch you having sex too. You suck at it,” Angela crossed her arms. “You need to learn how to properly be in control if you don’t let Je–”

“ANGELA,” Xeik yelled at her.

“Fine, I won’t give sex advice,” Angela shrugged. “In any case, I need you to continue to be my dagger. I’m only allowed so much and this is what I’m allowed. For the world to become a better place… I need you to do this.”

She opened her mouth a bit, “After all… Simone also got information from me.”

“You set them up,” Avery was quick on the draw. Angela smirked a bit.

“I… would never…”

“She absolutely would,” Xeik looked unimpressed. “It’s her job to guide people together. Her methods are weird but they work. Most of the time. Bad marriages happen when they go against what she’s doing… By now…”

“You tried to have me assassinate Simone,” Lewis spoke under his breath.

“No,” Angela shook her head. “I made you aware of Simone. You were never going to be able to do it. These things are all predestined. Though… I would have hoped you had been in front of her. I had no idea she would straight up abandon Jerome and begin her information business. That was a boon. She is such a smart girl. Love at first sight spells only work one time and god damn it that she didn’t ruin that herself.” Angela shrugged.

Simone fluttered her eyes awake and Martha dropped what she was holding. "MASTER LEWIS! LADY SIMONE IS FINALLY AWAKE!" The maid tore out as she screamed it aloud for everyone to hear. Everyone was waiting for the duchess to wake up.

Author: FalseHope, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:43 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Dealing with the Goddess was such a pain sometimes. They had been late because of Lady Angela’s interest in what they thought was a new variant of squirrels. Xeik couldn’t deny that they looked interesting, but they had an important schedule to keep, and-

“I’m getting the damn bolt,” Xeik said as he waved his hand. “We have more than enough time.” He expertly removed the bolt and patched the wound with ease. It was as if he had done this hundreds of times. Which, in his defense, he had. It took little time at all for him to prepare her for the resurrection spell.

Mana flooded the room, weaving around Angela as she channeled the spell. And just like that, it was all done.

Lewis hated being told what to do, but he pushed all of that pride aside when the Goddess told him that his beloved Simone lives.

“Wait…you mean to tell me that you…ypu are Lady Angela? The one who’s been sending me orders? You’re a fucking GOD?”

Xeik held up his hand, “Goddess. A very thirsty Goddess…” He glared. “I swear to Nemesis that if I catch you watching them have sex again…”

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:34 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The cathedral doors were slammed open, “God damn it Xeik I told you we needed to hurry.” Her heels clicking against the marble were what shut everyone up. “I knew this was going to happen.”

“You wanted to stop and look at the damn squirrels,” Xeik was flailing his arms.

“Yes, but I wanted to be on time,” the beautiful redhead was causing waves.

“Who are you?!” Llywellyn got up and blocked off Lewis and Simone. “We just had a death and you are un–”

“Oh, get the fuck out of my way Child,” Angela shoved him. “For gods sake, she really did die.”

“…You are in a mood today my lady,” Xeik said as he sighed. “Shall I fetch the book?”

“If you take any longer fetching the book I’m going to get a new apprentice,” Angela shrugged her shoulders. “Lewis put Simone upon the altar. Now.”

“What’s the fucking point?!” Lewis yelled at her. “It’s a waste of time I’d ra–” Angela punched him across the face.

“There, better. Put her on the table,” Angela shook her fist and Xeik came back in. “It’s about time.”

“Resurrection is on page three hundred?” Xeik asked as he flipped through the book.

“Oh that’s basic resurrection,” Angela took the book once he got to it. “We need to take the bolt out and patch the heart.” She tilted her head at Xeik. “Well… Chop chop apprentice. This is why I wanted them married sooner. I didn’t realize the dumb fuck would still do it. At least he didn’t kill both of them.”

“Who… Are you?” Llywellyn could barely register what was going on but this lady… She had power.

“Huh? Me? Just a drifter,” Angela gave a smile.

“She’s a damn liar,” Xeik answered. “Let me introduce my lady… The Goddess of Life and Love… Angela.” Xeik presented her and Angela waved her hand.

“The bolt Xeik. Stay on topic or we’re going to lose the chance to do a basic resurrection.” The two were performing a miracle in front of everyone. The crowd got quiet as Simone was placed on the altar and the bolt was removed.

“Honestly, this was a pretty clean shot. She felt no pain,” Angela said, “Still a shitty thing to do.”

“You could have just killed the assassin…” Xeik said out loud with an eye roll.

“I can’t just do whatever I want. I can only interfere so much,” Angela commented out loud as her magic pumped into Simone. “Mortals are so… fucking unpredictable.” Simone was breathing again. “She’ll be asleep for the next few days.” Angela looked at Lewis. “Your bride lives.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:22 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

All of the chaos around Lewis didn’t matter. It barely mattered when he was shoved out of the way of the second bolt. All he could focus on was the arrow sticking out of Simone’s heart. That one, well placed arrow had taken from him something ever so important.

He had never felt this sensation before. A loss so extreme that he felt as though he had died. He hadn’t even known her for that long…all of this was merely a ploy for her to keep her lands. Nothing more, and nothing less. He hadn't known her-

My name is Lady Azure, her voice rang. He had known her for years. He had always known her. Those casual nights of flirting and enjoying a drink as they talked about the world. Those nights where the information well ran dry, and they started talking about anything and everything…books, plays, and other trivial matters. Those nights where he hoped that he would see her again come next time…

“My beloved…Simone..” He crawled over to her body, and cradled it. Tears were streaming down his face as he held her close. Several came to try and separate them, but Lewis clung tight to her. “No…you can’t…you can’t take her…”

“Lewis..you have to let go,” a familiar voice said finally. It was Darren who finally pulled Lewis to the side. “Sylva caught the assassin. He…he killed himself…” He helped Lewis up.

“I’ll kill whoever ordered this,” Lewis said with a shaky voice. “I’ll hunt him to the ends of the earth. I’ll hunt him down to the edge of time….I’ll do whatever it takes to kill him…I want to watch as the life leaves his eyes…”

He looked down at Simone. “I…love you. I never…had a chance to say it…”

Sylva appeared next to him, helping Darren hold him up. “She knew, Master Lewis…I’m sure she knew…now let’s get you cleaned up…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:08 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The chaos that happened next was in a whole new world. The women were screaming and Lewis was standing there with blood on him from the bolt that came through Simone. His wide hazel eyes watched as Simone limped to the ground. Avery and Llywellyn were hopping over people rushing to Simone’s side. “Lewis! Snap out of it!” Avery grabbed him as another bolt launched missing Lewis. It wasn’t long before Sylva had caught the assassin. However, the assassin had killed himself by biting off his own tongue.

“Mone,” Llywellyn was shaking her. “Mone, you have to stay conscious.” The elf king was screaming. “MONE!”

“She isn’t breathing…” Avery looked up at Lewis. “She’s dead.” It was a single bolt through her heart. An expertly placed shot.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:00 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Sylva was perhaps the best maid that Lewis had ever known. She performed all of her duties without fail, and even some that were not even in her role. What impressed the Assassin King most, though, was her ability to seem completely calm and collected the entire time.

“I swear you aren’t human,” Lewis said as he started to get dressed.

“I am merely one hell of a maid, Lord Terrowin,” she said as she helped him with his tie. “Do behave today.” She smiled, and winked. “I can show you a passage from ‘My Unsheathed Sword’ if you want ideas for how the wedding night should end though.” There was a twinkle in her eye.

“N-no thanks,” he replied as he backed away. “Let’s just…get this over with.”

Lewis hated weddings. He wouldn’t even be having one if it weren’t for the fact that he promised Simone and his benefactor that it would happen. It wasn’t that he hated the act itself, but more so the fact that it was such a public affair. He was on high guard as he walked to his spot, waiting for Simone. If there was ever a chance to assassinate someone, this would be the ultimate time to do it.

“Only a fool would let their guard down for something so trivial,” Lewis muttered. The sex was fun. Playing the loving and adoring couple was obnoxious, but it had its amusing parts. This, though, was taking the farce a little too far. Sure, he enjoyed Simone’s company, hell…he was even a little protective of his little rabbit, but this was all still just to save face.

At least, that was what he was trying to tell himself. All thoughts of this faded when the music started, and the bride began to walk up the isle.

In the absence of her father, Llywellyn was the one to walk her up the aisle. There was a glare from someone in the pews’ Avery looked as though he had been roughoused. Apparently there had been an argument on who would walk the lovely bride down the aisle.

Simone looked beautiful despite the nervousness in her eyes as she approached the podium. Her stormy eyes looked into Lewis’ hazel, and he felt something stir.

Was this really a farce? Was this all just for her to keep her lands? Was this all for his benefactor?

Simone cleared her throat. ““This is all so short notice. Did you know I didn’t even know I was getting married so soon…” Her voice quivered, but she seemed to gain some of the confidence she had as Lady Azure. ”There’s no one I would rather have for my partner. Now, always, forever, until death, beyond death, until the end of time…” Her voice trailed off. She thought it had sounded much better in her head.

Lewis smiled back. “It was good…be proud.” He looked at the crowd, and mustered up a vow. He hadn’t planned for one, but now he felt he had to give at least something. “We’ve come so impossibly far from the day I met you. To me, you were merely another target, one more to knock off the list and move on.” That got a few looks from the crowd, and an eyebrow raise from Simone. It was not public knowledge that he once tried to assassinate her. He did hope that it wouldn’t put a damper on things. When I first met you as the Lady Azure, I had no idea what to expect from someone who was so…forward.” Again, there was more nervous laughter. “I…guess I’ll speak from the heart.” As much as he tried to pretend that it wasn’t true…he knew that everything he would say would be the truth.

“I love you with all of my heart and soul. I am excited for the life we will build and the children we will raise. For you, I would walk to the end of the world..for you, I would wait until the end of time. For you, I would wait even beyond death itself. For you, I would do anything…” He closed his eyes. “For you, and only you…”

There was a sniffle from the crowd as Avery blew his nose loudly. That got a few genuine chuckles.

“Then, do you, Lewis Terrowin, the White Raven, take this lovely woman to be your bride?”

“I do,” Lewis said with a smile.

“Very good. And do you, Simone Beatrice Monte Auclair, the Lady Azure, take this handsome man to be your husband?”

“I do-”

There was a strange sound, like a string snapping, and suddenly Simone lurched unnaturally. “W-wha?” She looked down to see something very strange. There was something sticking out of her dress. It was strange indeed…Sylva and Martha had worked so very hard on this dress. There shouldn’t have been anything wrong with it.

“L-Lewis…the dress…” Simone looked up at him with confused eyes. “Sylva and Martha will be mad…about the dress…”

That was the last thing she remembered before she collapsed.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:18 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was talking with the other ladies so when Lewis came in and said it her face got bright red. “This weekend?!” She thought about it and the other noblemen clapped besides Jerome who looked frustrated.

She looked up at Martha and Sylva, “Is it possible?”

“We can have your dress done by tomorrow,” the maids answered. “Master Lewis is absolutely not allowed to see you in it though.”

“I think he can put up with it,” Simone chuckled.

“He’s not allowed near the room where you’ll be trying it on. He isn’t even allowed to be in the estate,” Martha nodded.

“…He’s not allowed ten miles near the estate,” Sylva looked up at Lewis and smiled. “He has work to do.”

"I'm literally the king of assassins. You can't stop me.…" Lewis crossed his arms.

“I think you can wait for the wedding day to see my dress… Don’t ruin the surprise for yourself,” Simone smiled. “Sylva can you send out the invitations? Make our wedding for the morning four days from now.”

Sylva bowed, “As you wish Lady Simone.”

“I shall prepare the martial suite and the martial gowns!” Martha got excited. “That I will be hiding in a special place away from Master Lewis. Because he can’t behave.” Sylva was nodding. “He would put her right in them and have her spin around.”

Simone was bright red, “Not in front of everyone please…” The maids went off to do their work. Sylva already had plans and she was sure that she had actually started on them.

“I invite everyone back this weekend for our wedding,” Simone smiled up at her loving fiance.

Simone was standing there the day of the wedding getting the very last fitting for her dress. It was a gorgeous dark blue gown that had a very long train. It took Martha and Sylva a long time to figure out her jewelry but she looked exquisite.

Of course, Lewis was true to his word for trying to see her. Sylva was on top of him though as she caught him with a variety of traps. “Master Lewis,” Sylva looked down at him. “It is time for you to get dressed. The wedding is in a few minutes. It was a valiant attempt.”

All the lords of the land were there to see the duchess get married to Lord Terrowin. They were interested in what she would do next and the mysterious Lord Terrowin that only some knew the identity of was of interest too. So when Llywellyn walked her down in her father’s stead he handed her off to him.

“See? It was worth waiting,” Simone whispered it up to him. She was stunning everyone.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:55 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The politics were easy enough to follow, but Lewis barely had a word to say about it all. He knew only a fragment of what Simone knew about her own internal politics, since these were all of the more gossipy sides of things. Lewis was much better with factual information’ finances, land deeds, contracts, and anything that had a traceable paper trail.

The conversations kept up through the morning, and Lewis excused himself and walked out. He was met with one of his assassins, who had a note for him.

“Your benefactor has a message,” the assassin said as he handed over a piece of parchment.

Lewis took it, and opened the roll of paper, taking his time to read it. He clicked his tongue in annoyance, and scoffed as he reached the bottom of the page. “It seems she approves of my new ‘methods’ in guiding the world.” The assassin glowered as he crumpled the page. “I swear she will be the end of me…”

“Is there a problem, White Raven?”

“She wants us to rush the wedding…” Lewis took a deep breath.

Lewis waltzed into the dining hall with a wide smile across his face. “My beloved Simone…I was a proposal for you.” His voice rang out and silenced the chatter. “Let us get married this weekend. Four days…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:04 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone blushed and looked away, “You’re always saying things like that.”

“Because it’s true,” Lewis pushed her hair behind her ear and watched her get shy again.

“I do believe that we can approve of your marriage,” the head of the council spoke up and Simone smiled a bit. “You two make a lovely power couple and you’ll help lead us into a better future.”

Simone steeped her tea finally now that she could look away from her fiance. “I think so too.”

“Why did you piss off Godwin during the trial?” Now the real questions began and Simone looked up at Lewis. She hadn’t started in on the meaty goodness.

“The Godwins are wrapped up with the coast. The coast has been a problem for generations but recently they’ve been actively making shit worse. We’ve done our best to temper them down between Avery and myself. Obviously, we couldn’t involve others. Godwin is directly involved and the bonus of getting rid of Jerome in the process…”

“Is just a bonus to you,” Llywellyn spoke up and looked at her. “When did you get so vicious?”

“A long time ago… but I’m only vicious to those who deserve it…” Simone gave a smile. “Being an informant is not revealing all the cards until necessary.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:28 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“She will have plenty of time to rest,” Lewis said with a smirk. “And if she is to get pregnant, then that is the will of the Goddess.” It was curious that he had not heard from his benefactor in quite some time. Perhaps she was enjoying the current events…

“Besides, it has been some time since I have been with my betrothed. I will spend as much time as I wish with her…” He glanced over to Simone. “Or has my little rabbit lost interest in me so quickly?”

Simone stared at Lewis with her wide eyes. “I…could never tire of you,” she said breathlessly.

“See? Do not worry…” Lewis thought for a moment. “Though…now that you mention it, I think Simone would look gorgeous while pregnant in a wedding dress.”

At that, Llywellyn choked on the biscuit he was eating.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:20 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone looked at him with a blush as he scooped her up. “Never tire of it? What if I stop reacting to you?” He was taking her to bed which seemed to be their new nightly activity.

“Start coming up with new ways to make you react,” Lewis gave a smirk as he took her to bed.

And he was rude about it. He knew the guests were nearby. In the morning, Llywellyn and the guests couldn’t let Lewis or Simone in the eyes. Simone was sitting there in a conservative dress blushing. Sylva and Martha were upset that she was kept up most of the night.

“Master Lewis, I don’t need to remind you that you need to go easy on her. You have to let her sleep eventually. She needs to look well rested for your wedding,” Sylva lectured and Martha was nodding. “Or else she’s going to get pregnant.” Simone spit her juice out.

Luckily it was mostly close people from the informants and her friends. They were shocked but they looked at Simone and Simone looked at Lewis. “Well he does call her Rabbit…” Avery commented and Simone went bright red again.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:49 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Other than Jerome, the other guests seem to be loving the ‘entertainment’ that was being provided. The rest of the night went off without a hitch, and soon Lewis excused himself and Simone for the evening. The guests started to trickle out as well, some electing to stay the night and others leaving to go back to their own realms.

The moment that Lewis and Simone entered the room, Simone begged to be released from the torment that was her corset. It wasn’t long before she was naked and standing before Lewis ,blushing and timid.

“I will never get tired of this,” Lewis said with a smirk as he did a little ‘spin’ motion. “Go on…”

Simone turned a brighter red, shaking her head with embarrassment. “N-no!”

“Come now little rabbit…”

Upon hearing her pet name, she shivered, and slowly twirled around.

“Poor little rabbit…all embarrassed…” He moved with a swift motion and swept her into his arms. “Let me take the embarrassment away for a time…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:40 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis was good at embellishing their story. Simone looked up at Lewis and it was true that their first encounter was… Something else. She had been sixteen and they had mastered the Lady Azure persona. Martha had instructed her. Know better. Do better. Use people so that the duchy could survive. She got too close to Lewis that first night. It was embarrassing to her.

Avery got excited, “I remember when you two met now!” Avery who had become king very young got a look from Simone.

“SHH! STOP! Don’t say anything,” Simone was bright red and was looking up at Lewis.

“I lit the fireworks!” Avery was excited.

“SHH!” Simone didn’t want Lewis to know she was the one who broke up the first meeting.

“What?” Avery was looking at Simone. “You told me to do it just in case you needed help.” Simone facepalmed.

“Why don’t you give out all my secrets?” Simone looked at Avery. “…Don’t open your mouth please…”

“…Was he not supposed to know?”

Simone was more embarrassed than ever, “I didn’t know Lewis at the time. Lady Azure was very sultry and he got close to me. I didn’t know how to handle it… I acted…” She blushed and looked up at Lewis. “A rabbit.”

"So that's why he calls you a rabbit," Llywellyn smirked a bit. "You've always been like a damn stoat with us." Simone was blushing and she looked up at Lewis. "So timid~"

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:11 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis smiled. The fact that most of the nobles and their wives were on board was a massive win in their court. He cleared his throat for story time.

“The day we met was like any other night. I donned my mask, and walked in…”

The story went as expected, but he embellished certain parts to make it more romantic. The wine wasn’t just any old wine, it was a ‘good year’, the food wasn’t the boring stuff they always served, it was ‘fine dining under the candlelight.’’ It was as if it had truly been ordained by the stars. The story turned into an almost night of passion, where it was interrupted before anything could happen. The women were practically sitting on the edge of their seats, and when the interruption came, several of them scoffed and rolled their eyes at the tease.

The dinner continued with more light conversation as the main course was served. At first bite, everyone was stunned into silence at the taste. Even Jerome could not find any flaw in the food.

“Perfect as always, Sylva.”

Sylva smiled and curtsied. “Of course, Master Lewis. Ido share the praise, though, with Miss Martha as well. Please do remember that we worked together on this wondrous meal.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:51 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was meek with Lewis and it was different from the show she had put on during the council meeting. The duchess tugged at Lewis gently and he looked down at her after his big thing with Jerome. “Yes Rabbit?”

The nickname made her blush more but she pulled him down gently and kissed him. “Thank you,” she gave him a sweet smile. The wives were in awe of how dominating Lewis had been with Jerome to how gentle he was being with Simone now.

“Mmhmm,” Lewis gave her a smirk.

“You both are so precious together!” One of the Lord’s wives struck up a conversation with Simone now. “I could never been this open with my husband in public.”

“It’s hard because it’s our first time together like this,” Simone smiled at the wife. “Because we had to hide our engagement and the frequent land inspections by Sir Jerome… We haven’t been able to spend a lot of time together. Mostly letters.”

“I will apologize on Sir Jerome’s behalf,” the leader of the lords spoke up. “No one authorized those land inspections nor even realized he was doing them. For the distress this has obviously caused you the mines that the Montes possessed will be returned to you.”

“What?!” Jerome put his hands on the table.

“You broke off your engagement and ran away with the dowry. Then, unknown to the rest of us, you extorted her. That is not going to go unpunished. She was right to hide her father’s death from you. She is a better business partner in the long run.”

“Thank you,” Simone bowed her head and Jerome was seeing red.

“You… We were engaged since we were six. You never even let me kiss you in private,” Jerome was seething. “And yet you let this man take everything.”

Simone tilted her head, “I trust him. I never trusted you. You were a snake even as a hatchling. I was right never to give you my precious moments considering you left me high and dry as soon as something better came along.”

“And what makes you think he won’t leave you when something better comes along? Hmm? You’ve always been plain,” Jerome caused Sylva and Martha to move but Simone put her hand up and smiled up at Lewis.

“I don’t think he would ever replace me. I might be plain to you but he’s always looked at me in a different light even since the first time we met face to face. And I won’t deny that the first time we met masked that there wasn’t a connection of some sort. The man under the mask was just as precious as the masked one that’s aided me over the years. You could say I was in love with both of them before we realized who each other was. It made it all the more sweeter.”

The women were scooching in and hushing Jerome down, “Was Lady Auclair that much different when she was masked? What was she like?!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:22 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis took his time feeding Simone the appetizers as Llywllyn and Avery poked fun at Simone’s new predicament. The more they spoke, though, the angrier that Jermone seemed to get. Watching his face turn red was almost as fun as feeding Simone, but Lewis knew that there was an explosion coming, and he was more than prepared.

“How dare you show such lewd acts in public display,” Jerome exclaimed, pointing at Lewis. “I demand that you-”

“Demand what of me!?” Lewis' eyes went cold, and he stared past Jerome’s eyes and into his soul. “What would a pathetic man of your stature demand of me in my home? You storm into my manor and speak out of turn!?”

“This is Simo-”

“You will address her properly,” Lewis replied sharply. “Or not address her at all.”

Jerome was quiet for a moment. “Lady…Auclair…”

“It may be her manor, but as I am her fiance…this is as much my home as it is her’s, is it not?” the assassin continued, not giving Jerome a chance to speak. “You will not tell me how to act in my own home. If you have a problem, you can leave.” He nodded to Sylva and Martha at his sides. “Sylva and Martha both can escort you out if you have a problem….”

Jerome looked back down his plate. “There is no problem…” It was obvious that there was, but he wasn’t willing to fight it at this time.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:04 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was in Lewis’s arms as he carried her small form. She was hiding her face and she was blushing so much her arms were even turning red. She had really liked it though and she would never deny Lewis if he wanted her. “My lady! Please tell me this wasn’t your idea…” Martha looked at the duchess and Simone peeked through her fingers.

“I… Didn’t say no,” Simone was sheepish.

“To the table at once!” Martha and Sylva yelled. The lords and their wives were all sat down waiting once more. Simone was once more hiding herself this time she put her face in Lewis’s neck.

“…You’re late,” Jerome spoke but he saw how marked Simone was and looked furious.

“We spent so much time on your hair… and your dress,” Sylva and Martha brought a brush and makeup into the dining room.

“But… Everyone is watching…” Simone was blushing.

“Master Lewis should have restrained himself!” The women yelled and Simone hid her face again but Lewis was smirking. “Put her into her chair.”

“What if I want her in my lap?” Lewis was teasing her and Simone reacted as such.

“…Later?” Simone looked up at him.

“How can I deny that look?” Lewis teased her with a kiss as Simone turned a different shade of red. He put her down in her chair where Martha and Sylva assaulted her.

They were fixing her makeup and her hair. “What about Lewis?” Simone looked at his messed up hair.

“He’ll survive,” the women said in a salty tone as they scooted her chair in and Simone looked Pristine aside from the bite marks.

“You both are so passionate,” one of the wives spoke up and Simone blushed. “I knew Lady Simone was shy but this shows so much. It’s always been cute when you’ve reacted.”

“Please, it's embarrassing,” Simone laughed a bit. “Lewis just likes watching me react to him.”

“You’ve always been against giving up your chastity,” Jerome quirked his eyebrow at her, “What changed your mind?”

“That’s… certainly a question,” Simone looked uncomfortable. “I can’t help myself with him.” She scratched her face lightly as she thought about it. “He also likes watching Sylva and Martha torture me with dresses. I suppose what I’m saying if that… He likes me for me and that makes me more comfortable to give him my everything.” That much was true.

Lewis kept watching Jerome who was staring at Simone. Simone had always worn dresses that were very conservative but right now she was in a tight black halter. It was sexy even with her small body. So… Lewis moved her chair and picked up Simone putting her on his lap.

“Master!” Sylva put her hands on her hips.

“I missed her,” Lewis put his lips to the top of her head and Sylva knew he was doing it to be difficult.

“How will… we eat?” Simone looked up at him with a blush.

“We can feed each other.”

Simone gave him a look and nodded, “Alright.”

“You… Are just going to let him do whatever he wants?” Llywellyn was dumbfounded.

Simone wanted to hide away and blushed more, “I can’t say no to him?”

“I’ve seen you take down men his size before,” Avery pointed out. “You are so docile with him.” Both of the men were amused.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:31 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis smirked as she talked about their ‘story’ and why he had a mark on his neck. “We have time. No need to fake…” He pushed her against the wall, his mouth only inches from hers. “We don’t even need to take the dress off. We can….work around it.” He could tell that she was breathless. “Well little rabbit…how about it?”

Simone stared at him wide-eyed for a moment, almost terrified to give an answer. Almost, being the key word. It was only a few seconds longer before she was nodding her head yes, excited for what was coming next…

Sylva and Martha were fantastic together. It was incredible how well they synched when they started working. The rest of the staff was almost in disbelief as the two danced and weaved about the kitchen, preparing the night’s feast with minimal effort needed. The rest of the staff was almost unnecessary.

It was when they saw Lady Simone and Lewis that they stopped in their tracks, shocked at what they were seeing. Lewis’s hair was a complete mess, and there were clear marks on his neck. Of course, he made it out better than Simone did. There were scratch marks all down her arms and exposed back, and bite marks that could clearly be seen on her chest and neck. Her hair was an absolute wreck, and her dress was no longer straight, with wrinkles and folds where they shouldn’t be.

“M a s t e r L e w i s,” Sylve said slowly, her eyes clouding over with rage. “What. Did. You. Do.”

“Made it convincing,” Lewis responded with a half smirk.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:05 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

She thought about it and looked at him, “It might actually come in handy that I’m… shy.” She pondered it as the women fretted over what to dress her in. “Just pick one…” Simone was eager to be dressed already.

Martha and Sylva looked at each other and stuck her in a deep plunging black gown that seemed to cling to her. “I take it back!”

“No can do my lady… Look at Lord Lewis, his eyes are glued to you,” Martha spoke. “It is for the best!”

“But it basically shows everything!” Simone whimpered.

“Master, you get the final say… Should she wear it?” Sylva was enjoying this. Lewis looked over and gave them two thumbs up and Simone was bright red again. “We need to change your makeup so if your face could not be red…” It was just a bit longer until she was ready. The maids left Lewis and Simone alone and Simone came up to Lewis. She was grasping at her gown just a bit after watching him put a shirt on.

She pushed herself up and pressed her lips to his neck leaving a mark. “You were so impressed with me that you couldn’t keep your hands off of me.” There was that confidence again. “A reward since being myself is to be so skittish to hide that I’m Lady Azure. Now I need to bring all of it forward and I’m slightly struggling but I will learn. Maybe not the sultry part but you believe I can mesh the two.” After the confidence she got bright red again. “It will help keep our story straight… I think…” She looked away from him shyly.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:49 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

With the council meeting being done, Lewis took Simone’s hand and led her out of the room. He had notice that her bravado had vanished, and that she was starting to show her exhaustion. He smiled as they left the view of the others, taking a moment to pull her aside into one of the empty halls.

“Very well done, little rabbit…” The pet name had somehow stuck. Her bashfulness and inability to face his ‘charm’ head on was like that of a frightened bunny. He glanced around, making sure they were alone. “It did not take you long to control the council. We should have considered a partnership much sooner.”

There were murmurs as a small group of nobles from the council walked by, and out of instinct Lewis pulled Simone into him, hiding her in the shadows as they passed. The sudden closeness of Lewis took her breath away, and when he let her loose, he noticed that her face was a bright red.

He was going to enjoy this far too much.

They retired to the room for a moment, where they were met with Sylva and Martha There wasn’t a second to rest as the two maids went to work on dressing Simone in a new outfit, much to her displeasure, and in an hours time she was nowhere near close to being ready.

Lewis had disrobed from his White Raven attire and was walking about the room shirtless. Mostly it was to keep Simone on edge, but it was also him grilling Simone about the details of their ‘six year’ relationship. They had to have it down pat before the dinner. Jerome would have another chance to disprove their lie, and that meant they had to be perfect.

“We have to-” Simone started.

“Finish each other’s sentences,” Lewis interrupted, proving the point. “We can’t mess up.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:16 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Jerome had heard tales of the White Raven. To think that Simone would have someone like him in her corner. “Why take interest in a woman like her to begin with? You are a man of opportunity and sure the Auclair Duchy is rich but you could easily have more than her…” Jerome was questioning his motives for wanting the Auclair Duchy.

“A flightless bird isn’t a defenseless bird,” Simone said it softly but clasped her hands and held herself up high. “It is similar to that of the caged rat.”

There were whispers around them now. That phrase was the one that Lady Azure used frequently to dissuade the council from taking a risk against a supposedly weak person. She was normally on point. Martha stepped in with a case as Simone opened it. “Lewis has shown his whole hand so it is only fair that I show mine as well.” She pulled out the familiar feather mask. “As for how we met… If you know then you are privileged to know.” She held it up to her face and looked at them all with her gray eyes. “I am not as blind as others would make me out to be.”

Those who were on Jerome’s side got quiet. “Imagine Lewis’s surprise when he found out,” Simone spoke his name so casually now as she dropped her ass kissing tone. “Of course, you lot do realize the implications of not giving me what I want.”

“Now you’re threatening us? Your useless mask doesn’t help yo–”

Jerome was cut off by someone else on the council, “Be quiet who knows what she knows.”

Simone tilted her head and a smirk appeared on her face, “It would be a true shame Lord Godwin.” Godwin looked in her direction and then looked in Jerome’s way.

“What did you do? What did he do?!” The lord was furious.

“You should probably wed him to your daughter quite fast lest her reputation will never recover,” she put her finger to her lips and smiled. She did a graceful bow, “Lady Azure at your service. Specializing in knowledge that is beyond men.” She always knew things that the lords did not because her methods were quite delicate. A noblewoman’s game was different in the end compared to a man’s.

Godwin was seething towards Jerome. “You will marry my daughter tonight.”

“I AM NOT ON TRIAL. There is no proof,” Jerome yelled and Simone snapped her fingers. Magic sizzled in the air and papers began to fall down.

“Do not be so certain,” Simone put her arm around Lewis’s. “Now, we have a fun evening with a dinner and inspection.” When Godwin saw the papers he started to snatch it away from all the other lords. “Come on my love…” She looked up at him with a blush as she lost her bravado. This would be where she struggled. She placed the mask back in the box and sent Martha off to help Sylva with dinner.

“Lady Auclair you are certainly full of surprises… I can see why the White Raven would take interest in you.” One of the lords commented and Simone curtsied.

“…Was it that or that she kept getting accidentally kidnapped,” Avery had said it just barely loud enough for Lewis and Simone to hear him and got a glare from Simone.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:47 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis watched as Simone talked her way through the men of the council, handling Jerome’s outburst with little grace, but made up for it with fury. It seemed as though the rest of the council did not care for the vitriol towards the man, which Simone seemed to play for an advantage. It wasn’t until; Lewis was asked that he realized he needed to seal the whole deal.

The assassin smiled with the charm of a complete snake. “I must say that my fiance has done quite the perfect job running her dutchy on her own while I attend my own duties. I must apologize on the reasoning behind her having to hide the wedding, for you see it was at my request. I must properly introduce myself…”

He stood up and walked to the foot of the massive council table, and took a bow. Magic swirled around him as his finely tailored close shimmered out of view, replaced with a brilliant, heavy cloak with silver white feathers set into the interior, giving off the impression of wings flowing behind him wherever he walked.

“My name is Lewis Argent Terrowin, the White Raven,” he took an elegant bow as gasps circled about the room. Llywelltn did his best to fake one, but it was to his luck that the rest of the room was far too distracted by the reveal to notice his false surprise.

“I had asked her to wait for our wedding, and keep our betrothal a secret for my line of work. Though…now my hand has been forced. I do hope that there are plans to keep this announcement a secret among the common folk and other lords. It would be impossible for an assassin to be outed like this…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:23 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone had her arm in his as she held up part of her skirt to descend down the staircase. “Fiance?” There were whispers. Simone had made sure that the paperwork made it to the one who mattered perhaps the most. The leader of the council Lord Varlez. He seemed pleased as he looked up at the Lady of Auclair and the man she brought with her.

Jerome was absolutely dumbfounded and staring at Simone. His mouth was wide open. “You should shut your mouth before insects fly in,” Simone spoke out loud as they passed him. “It might make you look like a fool.” Her words were sharp as Lewis’s arm left hers and snaked around her waist. “I apologize for making you all wait. My fiance wanted nothing but the best today.”

Llywellyn looked more dumbfounded than Jerome but he would wait to hear her grand plan. “Right, we’ve dragged this charade on long enough. Let’s make sure to end this pissing match today,” the new king of Sulwal was fresh to the council and it put a brake on what Jerome was trying to accomplish.

“You look as lovely as your mother did when she used to attend with your father,” Lord Varlez spoke up as he nodded. “It is a shame that your father has passed on.”

“Yes, it breaks my heart,” she looked up at Lewis and gave him a frown as he placed a kiss on her temple as if to soothe her. They were playing it just the right way so far as the chambers opened and Simone took her place standing in front of all eight men. Lewis wasn’t too far from her. There was support but showing that Simone could stand on her own.

“You lied,” Jerome had a few papers as he shuffled through. “Six years ago the lord Jurian Auclair died. The rightful Duke died and you played a charade.”

“It was no charade,” Simone answered coldly. “You broke off our engagement and thrust our house into pure and utter chaos with your nonsense deman–”

“I am not on trial.”

“You will not interrupt me again or so help me I will make sure that mouth of yours doesn’t open again for the duration of this meeting,” Simone put her foot down and left no wiggle room for Jerome. “Again, your nonsense demands for payment lost since you claimed the dowry you got in advance was not enough.” She glared in Jerome’s direction. “Two gold mines that had been in the Monte family for generations were taken from me as ‘payment’. When it was him who broke it off to pursue Lord Godwin’s daughter. My father found poison in his tea not even three days after I rejected to pay. It was fatal. King Avery Mirdai, myself, and my personal maid were the only ones aware of what happened.” She stood strong and addressed the council. “Which means for the last six years I’ve led the Auclair Duchy even better than my father had like he expected me to. I’ve not once made a bad deal. Not once failed on a trade agreement. Not one time did I bring shame upon the Auclair name.”

“She has a very valid point,” one of the other lords spoke up and looked towards Jerome. “While it isn’t normal… She hasn’t brought any dishonor and she has been very good for business.”

“A woman leading a duchy? It’s nonsense at its finest,” Jerome flailed his hand. “Besides we had already petitioned her to be married off when this mysterious Lord Terrowin appeared. How do we even know that he’s a lord? Hmm? Lord Galvin has already written up the document for marriage. You cannot trump that.”

“Oh?” Simone tilted her head. “Martha, my paper, please… It’s the gold sealed one.” One step ahead, she had to stay one step ahead. “May I present this?” Lord Varlez nodded and she brought it up to him.

He broke the seal and looked at the papers inside. “They’ve been engaged six years. Lord Terrowin received a dowry three times as much as you had previously Lord Jerome. Not only that but this is a certificate of marriage validated by the church…”

“As I said, our wedding is set for next month and the church are busy people. We had to submit it early.” Of course, they had signed Lewis’s name as soon as they could and sealed it with aging magic. “I was only informed last night that Jerome had tried to sell me off to Lord Galvin. I cannot be engaged to two people.”

“Lord Terrowin, what do you have to say about all this?” It was Llywellyn who spoke up this time. This man had managed to kidnap her three times but he still couldn’t get their angle.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:04 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis had watched through most of the dressing up and down of Simone with a smug smile across his face. He had gotten up and started to slowly dress himself during the whole ordeal. Black dress pants with a white button down, and an elegant silver vest with dark blue accents. It was almost a perfect match to her dress, by the time Sylva and Martha finished having their fun.

“You play the role of a dress up doll quite well, little rabbit,” Lewis said as he looked her over. “But you do dress up quite nice. I think that they will be stunned into accepting anything and everything you say.” The assassin smiled. “I do believe we should g het going then. Sylva, do make sure that the meal is perfect. I expect nothing but the best from you.”

“As you wish, Master,” Sylva said with a delighted smile. “I shall perform my duties with the utmost perfection.”

The council was waiting for the appearance of Lady Auclair in the main hall. It was tradition that they all enter the council room to be seated at the same time. Until everyone was present, they would all wait.

The main hall was a massive room with a stunning marble staircase, courtesy of the mines that the Auclair estate held. Eight men stood with their wives and servants, all waiting for Simone to arrive. Most seemed impatient that they had to wait, while a few seemed rather annoyed that an emergency meeting had been called. It was only Jerome who seemed content with the situation. He was grinning from ear to ear, as though he had just won a wishing fountain grand prize.

“Now announcing,” Sylva’s beautiful voice rang out, silencing the group. “Lady Auclair, and her fiance, Lord Terrowin.” The silence that followed was met with the sounds of Simone’s shoes tapping against the marble. She came into view and descended the stairs with Lewis at her side. They both stopped at the bottom of the stairs, and looked around at the council.

One of the butlers, a younger man, was staring at Simone. He had never seen the lady of the house in such a stunning state. His gaze, though, moved to Lewis. Their eyes locked, and at once the butler paled. Lord Terrowin had seen the lust in the butler’s eyes…

She’s mine… A terrifying presence exuded from Lewis, as if a massive beast lurked in the shadows of the assassin. The butler was paralyzed with fear, and his heart felt it was about to explode.

“Are you ok?” A young maid asked, putting her hand on his shoulder. The butler nearly jumped out of his skin.

“F-fine…” he said. When he looked back to Lewis, the assassin was staring forward with a happy smile.

Perhaps…he had just imagined it all.

Author: Simone, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:46 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

His words made her flush a bit and all she could do was nod when he wanted five more minutes. He could have that and whatever else he wanted if he kept looking at her like that. Once the maids showed up all hell broke loose for Simone and she was whimpering towards the two picking on her.

“A little corset never hurt her figure,” Martha nodded with Sylva, and Simone frumphed. “Now now… At least your behind is very cute.”

“I don’t know if cute is very endearing,” Simone frowned a bit and went to cross her arms but Sylva stopped her.

“We need you to stand still for us… Can you do that?”

“I guess…” Stand still they said as they got Simone into one hell of a corset and she was gasping for air by the end as they tied it off. “Did my waist need to be that slim?”

“It’s all for your bust my dear,” they were teasing her at this point. The parade of dresses on her started after her undergarments were done. Martha focused on her hair and makeup while Sylva was on dress duty. Simone looked miserable.

After a bit the maids looked at each other, “Out of the dress and corset.”

“What? WHY?! We’ve been at this for an hour…”

“And your figure isn’t being helped at all by these lousy full dresses,” Martha sighed. “We’ll have to go all in…”

“All in?” Simone looked worried as they got the corset off of her. “What’s that mean.”

“You are going to show skin,” Sylva clapped her hands.

“Wait… What?!” Simone was blushing again but the maids didn’t let her get a word in as they left the room for a few minutes. “…I’m not allowed to move am I?”

They came back in with a dark midnight blue halter dress made from the lightest of fabric. It was deep cut to her navel with flowers decorating in it various appealing colors. “There even with her bust… Much better.”

“Can… I sit down now?”

“Absolutely not… You’ll ruin it by your fidgeting.” Martha sighed as they got her jewelry on.

“Master Lewis… I made sure to make it look authentic…” Both of them were presented with matching gold rings. “Your simplistic engagement rings since you are designing her wedding band just for her as a surprise.” It was romantic and Martha seemed to approve of it.

“Isn’t this much?” Simone looked.

“They think of you as too plain and boring. This will shock them just enough,” Martha commented and helped Simone into a pair of heels as they finished her hair.

“What do you think Master?” Sylva presented Simone to him and Simone seemed a bit shy as she didn’t want to be judged right away.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:23 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis was fast asleep when Simone woke up. He rarely got the opportunity to rest, and after the night’s fun activities, he found himself in a particularly drained demeanor. So when she asked if he was awake, he grumbled, and shifted. He heard her as she spoke, but he was still half awake.

“It should be interesting,” he muttered. “All of this is so very new to you. I anticipate that you will struggle.” He rolled over, meeting her eyes with his own. Watching you struggle and squirm will be worth it. But even more so, watching you push through the adversity and rise to the occasion will be all the better.”

This was nothing like his usual self. It was less guarded, and more sincere. Despite his almost bored tone, it seemed as though he felt something for Simone. A sincere will for her to succeed.

“Now little rabbit,” he said as he closed his eyes. “Five more minutes…”

Unfortunately, his request for more sleep was interrupted by a knocking at the door.

Sylve marched in after Martha, and smiled. “Oh my, Master Lewis. You seem to have done an excellent job with our Lady.” She seemed pleased with herself. “I hope you have many blessed nights in the future.” She giggled as Simone turned bright red. Despite Simone;s protests, the two pulled her in front of a mirror, stark naked.

Despite Lewis having seen all of her, she still tried to hide herself, stuttering and stammering as Matha and Sylva took her measurements and started to work their magic on her.

“My, my, Lady Auclair,” Sylva said with a pout. “I would have hoped you were more well endowed…” In comparison to Simone, Sylva’s bust was far more pronounced.

At the mention of this, Simone glared down at Sylva’s chest, and then pouted to Lewis. “Leeewwwwiiissss!?”

“You are perfect as your are, my lady,” Lewis stated as he sat up in bed, staring in her direction. His cold eyes never wavered from her form. “Sylva…will my usual attire do?”

“Of course, Master Lewis. I have prepared your formal wear in the wardrobe. If you should require my assistance-”

“I will ask. Please see that Lady Simone is perfect for her…performance today…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:57 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone whimpered and looked up at him after the kiss. “That’s not fair…” He was truly a master of his craft when it came to extorting information. He was enjoying this too much. Which wasn’t a horrible thing in the long run. She could barely form a thought. “You shouldn’t tease me like this… I can’t tell you what I want if you keep teasing me…” She looked away from him for a second. She reached out and took his hand before pulling him close and putting her lips to his ear. Hesitating just a bit she began to whisper. It was stuttering at first but she finally managed to get it out before she pulled herself back and looked up at him with a red face.

God Sylva was going to get her killed tonight. Lewis looked amused at how much he achieved and cupped her face to get her to look at him. She did very well. He picked her up to move her farther down the bed before continuing. In the morning, she woke up and peeked an eye open to see if he was still there. She wasn’t sure if he would have taken off in the middle of the night after a lousy performance on her part.

He was there but she couldn’t tell if he was sleeping. Simone had a little bruising but that was more so due to her delicate skin than anything else. She reached up and poked his cheek. “Are you awake?” It came out as meek as wide eyes stared up at him. “Surprised you stayed here,” it came out as a joke but she felt a bit better that he hadn’t run away from her. “Thank you for helping me… Last night and today… Especially today…” She blushed and diverted her eyes again. “It’s going to be rough.”

Sylva knocked on the door and her and Martha opened it to look in. Simone got bright red and pulled the blankets above her. “Breakfast in bed Master Lewis?” Sylva asked.

“Don’t forget we need to dress you up Lady Simone~ Sylva and I are looking forward to it.” Martha smirked towards Sylva.

“…This sounds like inhumane torture…” Simone frowned up at Lewis. “Protect me!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:40 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis had no idea what Sylva was talking about when it came to the script he was supposed to follow, but Simone definitely had an idea. Their ‘bond’ over their books was a little disturbing, to say the least. Sylva was far too gung ho about it all. But, Simone played the role well enough to convince Sylva to leave…

Which left the two of them alone. Her tone was sarcastic, but her eyes were fearful of what may actually happened. Lewis took a few tentative steps towards her, his eyes locking with hers. He watched as she seemed to forget about everything else, including how to breath. She trembled as he got closer, his face close to hers. His hand was resting against the headrest, closing off her escape.

“Simone…” Lewis breathed. “Is…this what you want?”

Simone stared blankly, and after a moment started to nod, too terrified to speak.

“Well too bad…” Lewis started to pull away, but Simone pouted suddenly.

“Y-you can’t do that!”

“Do what?” Lewis asked with a half smirk. He wasn’t an idiot. He just wanted to hear her say it.

“Y-you know…I wanted……” Suddenly she was shy again, turning bright red.

“I know what you want, woman,” Lewis said as he closed the gap, locking lips with her. “All I have to do it play the part, right? Is this convincing enough?” His voice was a sultry whisper, almost completely different from the dull, bored tone he always expressed. “Now little rabbit…what else do you want…?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:25 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone sat there on the bed in absolute shock. “I…” She hid her face. “Sylvaaaaa,” she whined. “I can figure it out.”

“I won’t stay,” Sylva waved her hand and she smiled, “Master Lewis, you have more experience than Lady Auclair. You’ll have to take the lead for most of it. What’s your actual experience with men Lady Auclair?”

Simone whimpered and looked away shyly. “I’ve never had my first kiss and barely held hands with the ex fiance I had…”

“Oh dear… Master Lewis, you have your work cut out for you,” Sylva brought over a book and opened it to a page. “I do believe that a script will be better Master Lewis. If you just do all of this… It should familiarize the two of you enough by tomorrow.”

Simone was bright red and she fell over clutching a pillow, “I know that book…”

“Then you know what scene I am showing him,” Sylva seemed proud of herself. “I must arrange a matching set of outfits for both of you so pardon me while I leave Master Lewis to begin.”

Simone was biting her lip as Sylva left and suddenly her eyes snapped up to Lewis, “Please be gentle…” She was saying it sarcastically but her body was inching away from his shyly. Cornering herself basically on the corner of the bed against the headrest.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:15 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis was staying back in the argument between Simone and Martha. He couldn’t argue against the logic being used. It didn’t bother him much. It wasn’t so long ago that he was an acolyte of the assassin group, which meant rooming with men and women alike. He had seen everything there was to see, and nothing could really bother him anymore.

When they entered the room, Lewis watched Simone scamper off like a scared rabbit, hopping about as if he were a predator. He smirked, and walked over to his own change of clothes. He didn;t bother with the changing screen, taking off his shirt and pants with little shame.

It was the first time Simone had seen his exposed body. He had a small frame, built for an assassin, but his muscles were defined. Scars littered his body from training and near miss encounters from growing up in the trade. Every scar had a story to be told.

Simone couldn’t stop staring.

“My eyes are up here,” Lewis stated as he threw pants and a shirt on. “Get used to it. There’s not much we can do about it now.”

There was a rustling at the window, and immediately Lewis went on edge. Simone was shocked to see that he had a dagger in hand, despite not wearing any of his gear.

“Master,” a familiar voice rang out.

“Sylva!?” Lewis said in a barely surprised tone.

“Why of course Master Lewis. I could hardly call myself your faithful servant if I couldn’t do something as simple as following you to help out as best I can.”

“H-how did you get in here!?” Simone asked, covering herself more.

“I’m simply one hell of a maid, Lady Auclair,” Sylva said with a curtsey. “I figured that you two might be struggling with something like this, so I am here to instruct you both on performing your duties to each other.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:56 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone looked up at him when he asked. “Tomorrow night. Avery is going to gate us there so we can get some rest.” Her face lit up red a bit. “And it might not be a bad idea to actually work on our couple acting…” She took a breath. “We’ll have to get used to it. They might watch us for a while so we have to be really careful.”

Her fingers were careful as they reached over to his hand and took them lightly. “Just please deal with this for me. We can deliver punishment to Jerome after it's safe to do so. I’m not going to take this laying down. I put up with it because him being alive was damaging for Godwin and he’s an ass.”

They made their way back upstairs, What happened next had her losing composer. “But Martha…” She was arguing with her maid.

“No buts. IF I knew this was your grand plan I would have prepared you for men better,” Martha crossed her arms. “They will expect you two to sleep in the same room. That means you need to get over it. You need to get comfortable with each other. You’ll be watched from the moment you announce it until you can get a handle on everything.”

“I know that… but…”

“No but,” Martha wiggled her finger. “I've set up the Duke’s living quarters just in case you’re being watched. So…” Martha put them in the room. “There’s a change of clothes for both of you. I suggest you get used to it.”

Simone stared at the chambers and looked more like a scared rabbit before she took the nightgown and ran over the changing screen. “I’m beginning to think… I’m in over my head.” She came out and ran over to the bed jumping on it to hide herself.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:38 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

This was all rather unexpected for Lewis. Sylva seemed rather gung ho about the idea that her master wasn’t going to be alone for the rest of his life. Between the pressure from Simone, and the pressure from Slylva, Lewis had to relent to the idea. At the absolute worst, he would have to lose the anonymity that the White Raven moniker granted him. But, it was about time for him to come out of the shadows anyway….at least partially.

“I make no promises on how ‘doting’ I will be, but I will play the role as needed.” Now that the emotions had run their course, he was back to his dull, monotonous tone.

The trip to Auclair was a long one, taking most of the day when traveling by carriage. Time passed by quickly though as they discussed the Lady Azure issue. The conversation devolved from there into gossip between the other kingdoms, and an exchange of more information.

After all, they were now partners.

Auclair was much different in the daytime. Even with the setting sun, it was a beautiful territory. The people loved Simone, and their admiration could be shown even in the face of a tragedy. After placating the people, Simone brought Lewis below to the catacombs, where she talked of her family for a time.

“She must have been a great person,” Lewis said, in reference to Simone’s mother. “What do we need to do to prepare for all of this?” As much as she was overwhelmed by it all, Lewis was completely out of his depth. “When do we have to sell this lie?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone started to laugh at Lewis’s state of being. “Consider this payback for scaring me last night. You didn’t even get me a bottle of wine to wake up to.” She folded her arms and sighed. “My wedding plans are superficial Silva so we can listen to your ideas once we get this taken care of.”

Looking towards Lewis she tilted her head, “You are my best bet and I like that look like your face when I do something unexpected.” She pushed the chair out. “We need to go to the duchy now. Any more lost time and I’ll lose what my father left to me. It’s bad enough I have to explain everything in front of a council now.”

She paused, “And I suppose you better get used to holding me close and playing the role of the doting fiancee. You owe me this much.” Her eyes were drilling into him now that she was highly motivated. “Let’s go Lewis~ We have no time to lose. We can talk on the way there.”

They sat in the carriage together in a bit of silence at first, “So why did you kidnap me again?”

“You’re Lady Azure,” Lewis said lazily.

“Ah, yeah I suppose that was a bit of a shock for you?” She gave a smile. “I needed a way to control who saw Auclair and the best way to do it was to divert attention to others but also to help the land. No one would have listened to a fifteen year old. They would listen to a woman they thought was older though. Though coming up with the persona took a bit of work since I’m not actually that sultry at all.”

Once they got to Auclair she was quick to catch all of the house help up on what was happening. She apologized for the lie but explained that a secret that big had to have minimal people who knew. Her people were understanding and sad at their master’s death. Packing up the necessary paperwork she took a breath. “I’m not looking forward to this.” She got some flowers and grabbed Lewis taking him down into some catacombs. “The lands here aren’t good for building burial sites so we use the catacombs for nobility. I had it closed off after Father died… It was a secret." She unlocked the mausoleum and took him inside. Two stone caskets with statues of her parents’ likenesses were over them. “I made sure he was with her though.”

She put the flowers onto an altar and lit some of the candles. “Avery helped me shape the stone for him so he matched Mother. He would have wanted that too. He loved my mother very much. So please help me protect them and their hard work. They deserve that much. My father told me that Mother was strong and only really vocal in private. She named me before she died and told him to take care of me. Though I think I took care of him more. He really depended on Mother. She was really good at business relations."

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:46 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The fact that Jerome had been doing ‘inspections’ was news to Lewis. He knew that the man was away from his own kingdom for days at a time, but he barely cared for the comings and goings of someone so small. But that had been a gap in Lewis’ information, one that had now cost Simone dearly.

“Could just assassinate and threat-” he was interrupted by Simone, who was already working out her backup plan. Marriage. That made a lot of sense for someone like her. It was likely a puppet that she could use, someone of a low stature who wouldn’t steal her land. It wasn’t the best move, but it was a solid one.

“So… Who are you marrying?”

“The White Raven.”

Lewis paled. “You’re marrying ME!?”

Sylva burst into the kitchen with wide eyes. “I CAN PLAN THE WEDDING! I already have the initial designs ready for review, Lady Auclair! And plenty of venues to choose from.”

“WHY ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THIS!?” Lewis exclaimed, losing his calm and composed state.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:32 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Mone stared at him with little amusement. “Because today I have a land inspection by the royal asshol–” She stopped and the color drained from her face. “How many days was I out?”

“Two,” Lewis said easily. “What’s wrong?”

Simone held her head in her hands for a moment, “This is bad… This is so bad. Jerome has been suspicious of me for a while and he keeps conducting these… I don’t know what to call them other than inspections?” She sighed a bit. “It was yesterday.” She looked slightly defeated for a moment before calling Silva over. “Bring me the black book with my things.”

She took the book and opened it. There was a communication mirror inside. “Avery?” It took a few moments for the mage king to appear.

“Thank gods we found you. I figured he had you but I didn’t want to tell Llywellyn…” Avery made a face.

“It’s bad then?” Simone leaned on one hand and thought about the outcomes.

“Really bad. He’s petitioning the courts for either your land to be given up or for you to be forced into a marriage with Lord Galvin,” Avery made a face.

“He’s like… sixty,” Simone dropped the mirror and held her face again, “This is a fucking nightmare. When is the meeting?”

“Tomorrow,” Avery sounded exhausted. “We got it delayed until tomorrow.”

“I think I have an idea,” Simone looked up at Lewis. “I’m going to show up with a fiancee. We’re really in love and getting married next month. We have had a contract for the last six years but couldn’t talk about it. I have wedding plans to prove it. Make sure you relay this,” Simone was swift in her decision.

“…You have wedding plans?”

“Always have a back up plan,” Simone breathed a bit. “We need to go to the duchy so I can get them. Then we are headed to the meeting spot to deal with Jerome and his lackeys. Luckily, most of the council should be on my side about this.”

“So… Who are you marrying?”

“The White Raven,” Simone smirked a bit.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:11 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis was pleased that Simone actually took the time to sit down at breakfast with him. He was worried that she might have freaked out a little too much about her predicament, but she seemed more worried than annoyed.

“If you hadn’t made yourself so unapproachable, we could be having this conversation in a different setting. I know how impossible it is to get a meeting in Auclair, and knowing the reason why, it would be impossible for us to meet any other way. This is the direct response to you running…”

But now the playing field was even. They knew each other’s secrets.

“Ah, so you do know my name,” Lewis said with a half smirk. Her face, though, didn’t mirror his amusement. “What is the problem? You seem worried…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:55 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone rolled over in the bed making a grumbling noise. Silva looked in on her and smiled, “My lady it’s time to wake up.”

“Five more minutes Silva…” Simone waved her hand and pulled the blanket over her head. Then her eyes shot open and she bolted up. “SILVA?!” She looked around. “WHY AM I BACK HERE?!” She had been in the comfort of her own home this time.

“Lord Lewis would like to have breakfast with you,” Silva seemed pleased as she helped Simone get ready. She looked a bit more on the noble side thanks to Silva taking her time. It looked like she was going on a date. Simone didn’t understand it but it made the maid happy.

Simone had a look on her pretty little face as she sat down across from Lewis. “So… To what do I owe the pleasure of the White Raven kidnapping me for real this time?” Her gray eyes were watching him but her face was starting to flush as she couldn’t hold the stare. She finally looked away as Silva poured her some tea. “Thanks…”

She tapped her fingers lightly. “I can’t stay here Lewis…” She dropped the title. “It’s dangerous.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:44 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Watching Simone panic was almost completely worth it, even if she did escape the situation. Of course, Avery did not escape. It wouldn’t be too difficult to pry all of Simone's juicy secrets out of the sniveling man.

“Fine,” Lewis said as he dropped Avery. The man was shaking as though he had been beaten within an inch of his life. He, of course, had not been. Lewis had merely picked him up, and he spilled all of his family secrets, hidden caches, and whatever else useless information he had on hand.

Avery had a rather unique defense against Lewis; his stupidity. He was already a blubbering mess, and it would be a waste of time to interrogate him any further. No…the needed a much more direct approach. Lewis snapped his fingers, and two assassins appeared at his heel. They had always been there, waiting for the moment their master demanded their presence.

“We move tonight on the Auclair estate.”

“Auclair? But I thought-” Jack started.

“Change of plan. She knows more than she’s telling,” Lewis stated with a smirk. This was half true. Mostly, he just wanted to talk about what had transpired. But…he knew how elusive Simone could be when she put her mind to it. She would likely avoid all normal advances…

And so, for the third time in her life, Simone was to be kidnapped by the White Raven.

Unlike the last few times, Lewis was more gentle. Auclair had amazing defenses in place, but none of them were designed for someone like him. He slipped through the shadows, and found her room with relative ease. A powerful sleeping powder was used to push the woman into a deeper sleep, and he carefully cradled her as he whisked her away into the night.

After all, he had some respect for her.

The collar was easy enough to get on her, but he figured waking up in the dungeon wouldn’t do for her, so he instead left Sylva at the door for Simone’s ‘guest’ room, and let the woman wake up naturally in the comfort of a bed. Sylva would know what to do next…once she awoke, she was to attend a meal so that the two could have an actual conversation.

Now all he had to do was wait.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:31 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was in utter shock, “Fuck…” It wasn’t as elegant as Lady Azure nor something she normally used. “GATE ME HOME PLEASE!” She squealed with her face being bright red. Avery sighed and gated her.

“She told me to do it,” he put her hands up. “She knows things about my kingdom she will use against me if I don’t.” Avery protected himself.

Simone was home now and she quickly changed into her nightgown and put it on before jumping in bed. “Sorry, late night going to bed!”

“Of course my lady,” her maid put some tea by her bed and blew out the candle. Something must have happened because her lady was never flustered like this.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:26 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

It was a productive meeting, and Lewis exchanged the information he needed, as well as ‘leaked’ certain secrets to another Kingdom. It was always beneficial when everyone was so obsessed with the little gossip they could catch. And the wine afterwards with the Lady Azure was the icing ont he cake. They exchanged a few words at first, but when it came down to business, things weren’t going so well on Lewis’ end. She seemed to already have word on the information he was willing to trade.

As if feeling sorry for him, Lady Azure gave Lewis tidbits of what he had requested anyway. After all, it wasn’t his fault that she already knew most of the secrets he had at the moment.

When she left in the carriage, Lewis thought back to what Sylva had said, about him being so alone. For a moment, he wondered about Lady Azure. He knew that the gaudy look she had was for show. The person she was underneath was a lot different than what she presented…he couldn’t help but wonder who she was.

Following her would be simple. It wasn’t expressly forbidden, but it was also frowned upon…

But Lewis had followed quite a few of them home regardless. Information was power, and that was more important to him than lofty ideals. And he was never caught.

When they pulled into a clearing, Lewis watched with intrigue as Lady Azure slowly changed into none other than Simone Auclair…

He dropped down, interrupting their little exchange for a cheap laugh.

“Well, this explains quite a lot, doesn’t it, Lady Auclair?” Lewis said with a sly smile. “So, Lady Azure…how about that wine?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:16 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone was fanning herself. Compared to her usual self she looked more like a spoiled princess. Gems, minerals, and anything else to decorate her. Even her eyes had gold flakes. She hid her real identity well. “I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to attend. Business in the south has been rough~” She wasn’t lying about it being rough but Simone herself had no ties to the south but Lady Azure did using Avery’s trade routes as cover.

“A glass of wine with the lovely White Raven? I wouldn’t dare to decline.” He always asked her for a glass of wine so they could share information and stories. “You must have been so lonely without my presence. I know these meetings drag on when you aren’t here.” Of course, now Simone knew what the White Raven actually looked like and she was having a hard time not blushing. Thankfully her mask was keeping her hidden.

She was a strong study and full of resources as she always was fair in her prices. The only time she wasn’t was when it was information that could go sour quickly. If one paid attention, she was quite good at turning attention away from Auclair. Keeping her own status hidden from the world.

Once her and the White Raven caught up he escorted her out with her arm in his. “I’m looking forward to our next meeting White Raven. Maybe bring some of that wine you mentioned? The sweet one.” She was put up into the carriage but it was the driver of the carriage who would look familiar.

She took off the mask and tossed it on the seat. “Head to the area Avery,” she opened the little window and Avery nodded. They got to a remote area and Avery hung up a sheet while handing over a plain dress. Simone was tossing stuff over the sheet. “This is a pain in the ass every time.” She put her jewelry away in a box and Avery was pulling away the magic on the carriage.

“Yeah, but it helps you so…” Avery shrugs.

She washed off the makeup. “I can’t stand dolling myself up for no reason at all…”

“It hides who you are well enough,” Avery handed her a towel. “Any more developments?”

“I’ll write a report and send it but not too much,” she shook her head.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 8:04 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The awkwardness of the dinner never really went away for the rest of the time Simone stayed with them. In the end, nothing of consequence came of it. Despite Sylva’s insistence, Simone gave her farewells, and left without much fuss. The next few days were filled with a lonely sort of atmosphere.

“My lord,” Sylva said with a small sigh. “I do worry that you’ll end up an heirless man…”

“That’s a very eloquent way of putting it,” Lewis replied as he looked up from his desk. “Why bring this up?” He seemed almost oblivious.

“Oh…no reason,” she replied quickly. Sylva wasn’t one to push the notion of love onto someone who couldn’t recognize it. After all, this wasn’t one of her romance novels.

Things just didn’t happen like that in reality.

The night of the gathering started off as usual. A boring roll call of those in attendance…and for the first time in a few weeks, the Lady of Azure had arrived to take her place in her usual spot. While she wasn’t the sole source of information, she was perhaps one of the top informants of the group. Second, of course, to a certain king of the shadows.

“Lady Azure….what a pleasure to see you again,” Lewis stated with a smile. Of course, she couldn’t see it underneath the mask of the White Raven. There was something….familiar about her. But, of course, they had met before on several occasions to exchange information…but this felt almost different.

“Perhaps we should catch up over a glass of wine after the meet…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 7:27 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone had a bright blush across her face during the second encounter in the dining room for the evening. She might have joked that he liked her but Simone had no dating experience outside of Jerome and that had gone bad.

“I’m… Fine… Are you fine?” The tone of the room dramatically changed because now they were in an awkward position having been so close to each other. She could smell his cologne and it wasn’t a smell she disliked at all.

Silva seemed proud of herself but watched as a very shy Simone finished her dinner and practically ran out of the room. For how straightforward she appeared Simone was Silva’s greatest obstacle. The day after next was when she would be leaving the residence and she spent the next day packing up.

Silva knocked on Lewis’s study, “Are you sure you must be in a hurry?”

“Oh…” Simone looked at Lewis with a weak smile. “I need to return to the duchy. I’ve been away for far too long at this point.” Silva grew to really like the girl and how responsible she was.

“Take care of yourself,” Silva gave a stern word and Simone chuckled.

“I’ll be fine.” Llywellyn came to get her and loaded her up in a carriage this time. “Make sure she gets home. I have to go back to Sulwal.” At least she wouldn’t have to deal with his nagging. Simone opened the curtain and waved to everyone. Silva looked sad she was leaving as well as Henry.

Getting things back in order in the duchy didn’t take long at all. A few days of her being home and everything was set right.

The night of the gathering came and a black carriage rode up to the large castle. The meeting places changed and the black carriage got the attention of everyone. She stepped out of the carriage in a blue ball gown. Her hair was black as night but her eyes were bright blue. She wore a black feathered mask. Elegant and sophisticated most of the men were eager to get her opinion.

She had been attending these things for the last four years but had been missing recently. “Lady Azure has arrived.” She took her place for the meeting.

This was an information network and she had infiltrated it without her real identity being given away just by how good her suggestions had been at parties. Attending as Lady Azure most assumed she was some nobleman’s wife… but in reality, it was the young unwed duchess to be.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 7:16 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

The bath situation had been marked down as a simple mistake: Sylva was not used to having guests for extended periods of time. That seemed to placate Lewis for the time, though the second time it happened, it was far worse of a reaction from both of them.

Even Simone with all of her cool headed, calm nature, could barely contain her shock and surprise when lewis walked in on her as bathing.That earned Lewis, unrightfully, a slap on the face. Of course, Simone apologized later, but Sylva knew better than to push her luck with a third encounter.

It was the dinner later evening that things took a different turn. A mistake on Henry’s part pushed Simone into Lewis, knocking the two of them to the floor. Out of instinct, Lewis landed on his back for a quick recovery, but he couldn’t move. He was staring up at Simone, into her stormy grey eyes as she stared back at him.

“It’s…fine,” Lewis said with a distracted tone, glancing away. “Just…make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Simone recovered, and Lewis was up in a flash. Almost immediately, unplanned by anyone, another of the waitstaff lost control of his cart. Lewis quickly pushed Simone up against a wall to avoid it. For the second time that day, Lewis and Simone were close, staring at each other.

“Sorry…are you okay?” he asked, dropping his haughty tone. She seemed, for the most part, unharmed.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:19 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“Aye, which is why I need to find a partner… I don’t have time for dates though.” She chuckled. “Makes things a little rough and Llywellyn keeps suggesting people.” She dug through her box and threw out a few files. “All of them are gross when you dig in. He probably doesn’t even realize it.”

She looked at Lewis and thought about it. “Have you thought about addressing love letters to him and having his wife accidentally find them? It could keep them in check for a bit until they put two and two together that someone is setting them up.”

Once the subject of just how many books she had hidden away came up she got real shy, “A few.” She wasn’t about to put a number on it. “Can you look at this real quick? I’m not very good at ancient texts.” Only it was immaculate. Not very good? She was a damn professional at it. Once Lewis looked it over she seemed pleased.

“There, a month’s paperwork caught up on.” She sighed a bit.

Silva began to notice about three weeks in that besides little chats here or there that her lord and the Lady Auclair were solitary creatures who worked in the same space. She got together with Henry and began to whisper things to him. It started out as small things, Simone walking in on Lewis in the bath. Lewis walking in on her in the bath.

Then for dinner Simone was walking past Lewis and Henry backed up into her and she fell onto Lewis knocking him out of his chair. “I’m so sorry Lady Auclair!”

Simone was blushing at Lewis as she was pinning him under her. “I’m so sorry…”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 5:45 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis walked over to the sofa and sat down, thumbing through the documents. “My benefactor has a long term goal. Right now, we’re int he process of steering the world in the direction that they have chosen. The first step is easy…weaken those who lust for power, and strengthen those whose ideals best suit our interest. The next step, is pushing reforms in all the kingdoms. Much like your idea… where one can’t be forced out of their role merely through marriage…or even lack thereof.”

The assassin smirked. “There’s no way it’ll happen in our lifetime…but the steps that we’re taking will be felt throughout the ages.” Lewis stood up. “The next thing that we need to do is to keep the demon clan from expanding. Their leader is an idiot, to put it lightly. His people want to pillage the lands for all they’re worth…the only thing that’s keeping him from following that urge is his mate. Crazy woman…but even she has her base desires. Demons by nature want to destroy…but those two are fighting against it tooth and nail. Those two are doing what we are…on a much smaller scale. And without help…they’re going to fail…”

Lewis walked back over to the desk, and looked for another file. A second book was in his way, “How to Tame Your Dragon,’ which he pushed aside. “Just…how many books are in my desk?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 5:16 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone had a blush across her face the moment he saw the book and she peeked up at him from a document she was writing. “I… put it in there to hide it from Silva. She gets super invested in it and it scares me so I’ve hidden my books in your office.”

She went back to writing before Lewis made the comment on running her duchy. There was a hesitation at first before she looked up. “Who else knows?” This was a bad thing if anyone else found out she would be fighting for her right to her duchy.

“Just me.”

“So four people then,” Simone closed her eyes for a moment as she looked away. “It’s been six years. You get used to it. Jerome got my father killed. I’ve been doing everything ever since. The story everyone else knows is that he’s sick on holiday at a Mirdai estate. Mirdai is owned by Avery’s folks so they have an illusion set up of my father. I need to get married before I come clean but… I need to be very careful about to who. Anyone can take over the duchy of Auclair if they force me out. So I need to be able to trust my partner.”

She grumbled a bit and looked back down at the paperwork. “It’s why I withdrew from society when everything happened with Jerome. I wasn’t ashamed that he broke off our engagement because I was plain and useless. I’m far from those things. I know my own self-worth. But because of the circumstance, I cannot afford to have anyone else help me keep the duchy afloat so I must be on my toes at all times. Which has led to the current issue… I don’t have time to find a husband I can trust so I’ve been pushing for laws regarding such things. So I don’t need to worry so much.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 5:06 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

For Lewis, the next phase of the plan meant doing a lot of legwork. For the most part, he could trust that his assassins could get the job done, but there were a few things that needed a much more personal touch. He didn’t mind much that Simone was using his office while he was away, which was perfect for her.

It was a week before Simone saw Lewis again. The assassin king waltzed into his office, walking past Simone, and opened a drawer looking for a document he had left there. “Why are you leaving books in my desk,” he said, pulling it out. He paused, though, at the title. “A Thrust in the Dark?” He looked at the title, and then to Simone, and back to the title. “I won’t judge you, but do please keep in mind you’re in someone else’s office space…” He put the book down, and procured the document.

“I see you have made yourself quite at home. I assume running an entire dutchy by yourself is no easy feat…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:54 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone sighed a bit and waved her hand, “I need my paperwork and a runner. A duchy doesn’t run itself.” The fact she would be gone for so long… Well, that messed up plans entirely. “And my books under my bed. Llywellyn can send Avery.” Avery was a dumb king from a very large mage society. He also had been one of Simone’s suitors but because their engagement never went through he had settled with a trade route with Auclair instead.

She was surrounded by powerful people and she used them to her advantage. It only took until the next morning for the mages to teleport in and Avery had a box full of papers and her books in a suitcase. “This is everything?” Avery looked like a puppy looking to be told he was doing a good job.

“You even grabbed me the maps for the trade routes… Good job,” she reached up and pet his hair. “I’ll make good use out of this. While I’m here… Do you think you can spare mages to protect Auclair?”

“Yes, I figured you were going to ask already. Do you want me to guard the thing?”

“Personally?”

“Yes.”

“Of course,” Simone nodded. “It would be beneficial to me if no one found out…” It was hushed down and Avery nodded.

“When are you going to tell Llywellyn?”

“I’m not. If he found out he would never leave me alone.” Simone held an ashamed look on her face but looked at her extra suitcase. “This is?”

“Dresses, nightgowns, undergarments… I had my maid do it. You would have punched me otherwise.”

“Thank you,” Simone seemed pleased. She had her things moved upstairs and hid away in Lewis’s office to do paperwork. Silva began to realize that when she hid that meant she was busy and didn’t want to be disturbed. The amount of work she was doing was piled quite a bit. Paperwork that no one like her should have had to do in her position.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:43 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis looked at Simone with disappointed eyes, mirroring her own. She wasn’t the bargaining chip he needed, and moreso, she stated that Milly had eloped. It must have been very recent, given the fact that the most recent information he had on her little love affair was only four days old.

Young adults could be very stupid with their life decisions.

The backup plan in case Milly couldn’t be used was the expose Lord Greath’s investments in the military to other countries. It may have been a small kingdom, but the amount of silver that had been poured into magical weapons was nearly double that of Sulwal. Part of the reason that Llywellyn had gone to sign a treaty with them was for trade to be reopened between the two kingdoms. A temporary peace to amass enough supplies to feed an army.

Greath wanted an expansion. And that just wasn’t in the stars. At least, not for the grand plan that the White Raven’s client had in mind.

“No. You’ll be staying here for the time being. I have no time to meet with the King of Sulwal. An emissary will be sent to explain the situation, but for the time being you’ll be staying here. Since you have a knack of getting in the way of my jobs…” She had no way of knowing that she had been responsible for another issue years ago…a plan for an assassination of Jerome’s fiance to coerce the man into doing what was required of him.

“You will be in the same room, though…” He sighed. “Hardly any reason for a collar this time…but just to be sure, we’ll have you wear it.” Lewis snapped his fingers, and Sylva was once again at his side. “I do believe Llywellyn will find the time to beg for your release in the next week or so…Being he is a busy man, I’ll expect that he can only manage it for an hour at most.”

“I would recommend that you get comfortable…the next job I have will take a month. You can be released after that…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:29 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone sighed a bit and then came the look of shock, “What do you mean red hair?” It was clear that she had no idea what the hell he was talking about as Lewis got a mirror and showed her. “I’m going to kill him. I told him not to use magic on me this time!” She was yelling. “When the hell did he even use magic on me?!” She was holding the mirror and in utter shock. “My clothes don’t match this shade of red. Is he out of his mind?!”

Taking a few deep breaths she looked up at Lewis, “No idea why Llywellyn was trying to hide what I actually look like. It’s not often I go out for social gatherings.” She waved her hand. “He might have wanted to hide what the daughter of Auclair looks like.” Though she couldn’t be certain. “Passing me off as a relative maybe.”

There was disappointment in her eyes. “I will need to be released, please. I have work I have to do back in the duchy and I’m of no use for whatever you need for Greath. Milly wasn’t even at the party according to the rumors she has decided to elope. I’m not sure if her father knows but she most definitely wasn’t at the greeting on the first day.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:22 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

In the few days that it took Llywellyn to commit too his promise, Lewis learned a small deal of ‘dark secrets’ about a few of the families. While the leverage was good in a pinch, it wasn’t anything that would change the course of history. Whether or not Simone was aware of that fact or not, Lewis could not ascertain, but she was careful not to let anything serious slip.

Not that it really mattered. Lewis was fully aware that there were things even his organization didn’t know. It didn’t bother him that his information network couldn’t find a weapons cache. All that mattered was the fact that her ex-fiance, Jerome, had a dirty affair with coin slipping hands to the wrong people. Knowing this put them in a compromising position. All that was needed was to let it slip that the coins as passed to a rather well known slave trader, and it was ‘off with his head’.

Well, maybe not Jerome’s, but certainly an excuse to slip into the country for some talks.

In the end, Simone left without a fuss. The moment she and Llywellyn left, Lewis went on about his day without a second thought to the woman, instead pouring his focus into another matter entirely.

“The next target is the daughter of a nobleman, Lucian of Greath…”

“The operation went smooth,” Jack said as he brought the woman before Lewis. “White Raven, meet Milly Greath, daughter of-”

“That’s…not Milly,” Lewis stated with a glare. “Though I will give you some credit…” It was once again Lady Auclair, though this time she was sporting bright red hair. “You had the right hair color this time. Completely reasonable to mistake from behind…” The King of Assassins took a deep breath.

“So, Lady Auclair…is there any reason you decided to masquerade as Lady Greath?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Mar 9, 2022 11:06 AM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone looked up at him and smirked a bit, “Oh, just looking to see what adorableness my ex-fiance has gotten himself into.” Her eyes snaked up to Lewis’s. “You know they have a weapons’ cache they don’t really talk about at all. Close family and friends know but no one discloses the information outside of that. He bragged about it to me.”

A little leak of information here or there didn’t hurt. Eventually, someone was going to find out about it considering what she was reading in Jerome’s file. Simone would come in and out of his office at random. Though she did like the gardens as well though she chose weird times to go visit them, mostly at night.

On the fourth day, Llywellyn came to get her and looked exhausted. “Looks like I’m out of your hair Lord Lewis,” Simone curtsied as she saw Llywellyn.

“My coronation is tomorrow. Mone, let’s get you home.” Simone was freed of the collar and hoisted up onto Llywellyn’s horse.

“I can ride by myself,” Simone was complaining.

“I’m not letting you out of my sight until we’re back in Auclair,” the king wasn’t putting up with it and Simone clamped her mouth shut. She wasn’t winning this one.

It was the end of the week as Llywellyn was escorting Simone to the small kingdom of Greath. She was riding in the carriage and looking out of it. “And all I have to do is get them to sign this with you?”

“Yes,” Llywellyn nodded. “They are even more hesitant now that I’m king.”

“Sounds easy enough.” Simone did the negotiations well but on the last day of the meeting Simone had sneaked down outside to the gardens in the middle of the night.

She enjoyed the moonlight flowers the most. However, bad luck struck again as she felt someone hit her making her pass out. When she woke up again they had taken the cloak off of her and she was staring at Lewis. “What are you… In love with me?” She tilted her head before sending a foot right into one of the assassin’s crotch. “And for the love of god stop pulling my hair! You did it again!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:47 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

It had been an eventful day for Lewis. He had planned the fall of a kingdom and its eventual rise as a new power in the land while also figuring out how to maintain the current demon population. It wasn’t an easy task…the demon clan was an obnoxious bunch. Their leader was an absolute idiot, though his mate was useful in keeping him in line. At least she knew how to see sense on occasion.

When he arrived back at the castle, the staff was in a panic looking for Simone Lewis looked around for a moment, seemingly undisturbed at the prospect of the missing woman, and sighed. She hadn’t left the castle. That much was for sure. So it was only a matter of time before she got hungry and came for food.

But, Lewis already had an idea of where she might be. He made his way to the second floor, and walked into the office space that he used. It had been locked. But of course, Simone was sitting on the sofa reading documents. “Doesn’t really seem like the reading material you would enjoy.” He sauntered past her and sat down at his desk.

“Found anything to your liking?” The Orion family isn’t exactly one to hold my attention for very long. They do have their uses, as minimal as they may seem.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:34 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Simone stared up at him, “Why would I run when this is entertaining? I’ve been through worse kidnappings.” She stood up and bowed slightly before she left the room. She had a maid now but rarely did she ever actually call on her in the small amount of time she was there.

It was late on the second day when Silva alerted everyone, “Lady Auclair is missing! She was in her room and I only left her for a second to retrieve some towels for her bath!” She was panicking. “I can’t find her anywhere.”

Simone had found her way into Lewis’s office. Castles came standard with a few sets of emergency hallways and it just took Simone a little mapping to figure out where the most convenient would be. She explored around until she found the office before flopping onto a sofa. Her eyes had met a name on a folder and she was intrigued.

Rummaging through some of the snacks that were hidden away for the lord of the castle she laid on the sofa and lazily ate. The contents of the folder were actually pretty interesting to her. She raspberried her lips, “Like he has that much money. He’s fucking broke.” The statement came out in an uninterested tone.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:25 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis was content at the way things were handled. Llywellyn seemed like a useless elf at first, but the reports had him marked as one of the more dangerous individuals in Sulwal. He had surprisingly high marks in almost every category. Of course, these high ratings only ever came when he was motivated, which was what Princess Evie was for. However, it seemed they had lucked into a far better bargaining chip.

“Of course he can overthrow the Kingdom,” Lewis stated. “The people are ready, all they need is the last push. His father is rather unpopular, and his most recent policy is very unpopular. His subjects are ready for a revolt, and Llywellyn is the man to lead them.” He wiped his mouth with a napkin and stood up rather abruptly. “Please do eat to your heart’s content. Lunch will be served at the twelfth bell, and dinner at the fourth. You are free to roam the castle. Any room that isn’t locked is free to explore. The gardens are quite nice this time of year as well…just do not stray to far from the house. The collar will let you know the limits…”

It seemed as though he were bored of rattling off this information. “As you may very well know…the collar will shock you if you try to escape…” It was as if he expected her to try. It wasn’t all that uncommon. Though, Simone was far more….calm about the whole situation.

“We will have you home in less than a week, if things go well,” the king said finally as he smirked. “Ah, and one other thing. Sylva will be at your beck and call…please do mind that she has other duties to attend, so please don’t abuse her hospitality…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:16 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Llywellyn looked at the documents and sighed before looking at Simone. “Give me three days. I can do it in three days.”

“Boy if only you were motivated to do other stuff around Sulwal,” Simone glared at him before eating more. “And your hospitality has been fine,” her tone shifted to a pleasant one for Lewis.

“I still need you for the trade deal in a week and a half,” Llywellyn said it almost lazily.

“I know,” she seemed proud of herself. “I don’t know what you did to offend the Mioloni’s but you offended them enough they only want to deal with me. Moron prince.”

“…Go easy on me now Simone… You know you were always the best in politics when it came to the academy.”

“I know,” Simone was pretty proud of herself. “Make sure you kiss Jehanne’s ass really good when you get back home.”

“…I will…”

“And be a good future husband.”

“…I’ll try… I don’t think Jehanne likes me.”

“Because you’re lazy, inconsiderate, and an oblivious jackass.”

“So you’ve told me plenty of times…” Llywellyn looked beat down by the small woman at the table. The small woman in question was tapping her foot at Llywellyn. “You sound like my mother.”

“Your mother made me promise to shape you into a good prince. Not my fault you don’t listen.” Simone pushed her plate away once she had enough and smiled up at the help. “Thank you for the meal.”

“If we’re done… I have a kingdom to overthrow… In three days,” Llywellyn looked beat down but he trudged through the door.

“Can he really do it in three days?” One of the assassins asked.

“He could do it in two if he wasn’t mucking about. Llywellyn was second in our year only because his ambition was beaten down. When he’s motivated he can be quite scary. After all, when my engagement fell through he sunk the currency my ex-fiance was using into the ground. This will be good for him,” Simone nodded to herself.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 7:06 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis had seen quite the few royal arrangements in his life. Friends, lovers, arranged spouses…what was happening in front of him was not to different from a quarrel with siblings. Though, since they were far from it, it made things a little tense for the prince of the elvish kingdom.

Lewis took his time cutting the ham in front of him, taking delicate bites as he waited for Llywellyn to remember the reason he had arrived. The terms and conditions to Simone’s release.

“Now that I have your attention,” Lewis stated as he snapped his fingers. A large, well dressed orc walked in and handed Llywellyn a whole folder of papers and documents. “In that file are a variety of demands for when you decide to overthrow your father.” He spoke so casually about it, as though it were happening next week. “I am aware that you tend to be on the progressive side of things, so most of these demands won’t seem outlandish. However, there are a few that…might seem odd. Do not worry, they are merely formalities for when the next war happens.” He smirked. “Which should be about ten years from now. The demon clan is getting very rowdy these days, and they seem to think they want more space.”

He sat back in his chair and took a sip from his cup. “Please eat to your heart’s content, Lady Auclair. I would hate to be called a horrible host…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:30 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“More like the dumbest prince in the entire world,” Simone huffed it under her breath. “He’ll come storming in with his personal army once he realizes Evie is there and I’m here. If it was his sister he might have left her here for a week or two as punishment for whatever stupid argument they had.” She sighed a bit.

Simone followed the maid out quietly enough but not before nailing the assassin who gave her trouble one last time in the shin.

“WHITE RAVEN PLEASE!” He yelled and Simone gave a smirk and finally left the room.

Sure enough, come first light there was a rush of thirty knights and a panicked Llywellyn. “THIS IS ALL EVIE’S FAULT,” he yelled as he got off the horse and was greeted by Lewis’s men. “Where is she?” He was out of breath and the horses looked worse for the wear.

“I’m right here you big jackass,” Simone had a window open and she was leaning onto the window sill giving Llywellyn a dirty look.

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you?”

“I wanna know something…” Simone said with a dull tone. “If it were Evie up here and not me… How long would you have taken to get here your royal highness…”

Llywellyn froze up and looked away, “Probably three weeks since she decided to sneak out of her room last night to go see that stable boy we hired.”

“Ah, I was off a week,” she slammed the window shut.

“SIMONE. SIMONE,” Llywellyn yelled up at the window and sighed. “She is… horrible to deal with sometimes…” He finally saw Lewis and his demeanor shifted to that of royalty as he finally got rid of the dumbfounded look on his face. “The future Duchess of Auclair. I’m willing to do just about anything for her release… We should be able to come to an agreement of some sort. Her father would never forgive me if anything happened to her while she was in Sulwal…”

Once they were inside sitting down for breakfast Simone came in and sat down across from Llywellyn. She was pretty much ignoring his precious as she banged things around.

“You’re angry.”

“And the sky is blue,” Simone said as she poured some juice.

“…Anything I have to apologize for?”

“Being an idiot,” Simone took some jam and spread it on some bread.

“Simone… You are being a brat.”

“And you’re a delusional dumbass still in love with his best friend and if you don’t give them exactly what they want I’m going to tell Jehanne.”

The color drained from Llywellyn’s face, “Now Simone… Don’t do anything rash. Jehanne would literally skin me alone.”

“My problem how?”

“You wouldn’t get to leave here…”

“I find this place charming.” She popped the food in her mouth. She was good at shutting Llywellyn down.

“…What does your organization want from the Celestina family?”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:09 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

Lewis watched how the woman handled the assassins. For someone who was, for all purposes, a hostage, she seemed to hold herself fairly well. She was either an idiot, or had been in similar situations before. Either way, she had demonstrated that she wasn’t scared. She knew her worth as a bargaining chip.

That made things easier.

“You left the note, right?” Lewis asked the first assassin.

“Of course. Right on his bedside table, like you asked,” the man replied.

“Then there’s no need to contact him. He’ll be arriving by morning.” The King of Assassins walked over to Simone, eying her. “If you’re as important as you seem to think you are, it won’t take much to twist his arm.” He turned around. “Take her to the right wing suite. And get her a tailor. Can’t have her in a nightgown once her knight in shining armor arrives.” He snapped his fingers, and at once a maid walked in. “Sylva, do take care of her. She’s to be treated like a guest. Of course…she’ll need the restraining collar, but do be gentle.”

“As you wish, White Raven,” the maid said with a quick curtsey. She walked over to Simone and smiled. “Lady Auclair? Right this way, please…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 6:02 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“Oh wow…” Simone said with astonishment. “You are both blind and dumb…” The assassin gave her a glare and she stuck her tongue out. Simone’s eyes moved over to Lewis as she looked him up and down. He was the one in charge here. It wasn’t just how he was speaking to them but the way he held himself.

“So you were after Evie?” She tilted her head at Lewis not answering his question.

“Answer his question!” Simone kicked the assassin’s shin and glared at him.

“I was getting to that. My name is Simone Auclair. Heiress to the Auclair Duchy.” The Auclairs were wealthy and quiet people. Their family was small consisting of a father and daughter. A few years prior a shameful event led the Auclairs out of the limelight. Many thought the heiress was deceased since she no longer participated in social gatherings.

She was a long way from home in Sulwal. “On vacation actually and it’s pretty boring. Elvish literature kinda bores me.” She stared at Lewis. “Just what did you want with Evie? Ransom? A deal with someone?”

“What does it matter to you?!” The assassin snapped at her and Simone closed her eyes in thought before opening one and staring at him.

“Because I might be even better than Evie depending on whose attention you wanted. I am pretty bored… I might be convinced to cooperate.”

“…Can we just kill her and throw her outside?”

“I’m way too cute to be wasted away like that…” Simone sighed. “Listen, if it's Llywellyn you want just tell him you have me. He’ll give you whatever you want because he’s that dumb when it comes to me.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 5:36 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

It was meant to be a simple task. Kidnap the daughter of Sulwal, and ransome her to her brother for a certain act that would shape the history of the world. It was always like this in the shadows. Pull a string here, assassinate a leader there, and kidnap a princess for extortion. Anything and everything to guide the world in the direction it needed to go.

“That’s the wrong girl, you idiot,” Lewis stated with his arms crossed. His cold eyes stared at the first assassin, who quickly realized that he had messed up.

Lewis was wearing simple clothes, black pants and a tunic, but his stance commanded authority, as though he were ready to lead an army into battle. His battlefield, though, wasn’t the same as the other rulers of the land, but that didn’t much matter to those who stood before him.

His eyes looked over the woman in front of him. She was rather plain, but it held a unique charm. Most princesses and nobles tried to do anything and everything to make themselves stand out. If anything, it was the lack of jewels and makeup that made this woman pop in his eyes.

His eyes had frozen, though, on one particular attribute: her hair.

“Does she look blonde to you? A fair elf of the Sulwal Kingdom?” Lewis glared at the now quivering assassin. “Tell me, girl…what is your name?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Mar 7, 2022 5:24 PM, Post Subject: A Novel Idea Part 4 [P/R]

“You. Are. Engaged. To. Jehanne.” Simone took her foot and shoved Llywellyn off the bed.

“But Simone! We used to sleep together when we were kids!” Llywellyn was pouting up at her.

“We’re not kids!” She took her pillows and beat him with them repeatedly. “OUT!”

“Ahh!” Llywellyn ran out of the room and Simone used the secret passages in the Celestina castle to get around. “Evieeeeeee,” Simone turned on the waterworks as she came into the first princess’s bedroom. “Llywellyn was perving on me again!” She looked around and couldn’t see her. “…She’s just as bad as her brother is. All well… He’ll never find me in here.” She climbed in the bed and covered herself up. “I’ll just let Evie know when she comes home.”

She fell into a fast sleep after a small bit. At some point in the night, she found herself being grabbed and fought hard against them. She headbutted one of the masked men and bit the other before they knocked her out and covered her with a large cloak.

“We retrieved the package but she did quite a number to her. I’m afraid she’s pretty bruised now. They put the girl down in a chair to tie her up and Simone whipped her leg up between the nearest assassin’s crotch.

“That’s for pulling my hair!” She yelled as soon as she could and bit the one who came to wrestle her. “What the hell do you want me for this time? Who paid you? Was it Jerome again? Fuck that guy!” She spit at one of them. “Tell him to rot in hell because I’m not paying or giving up any more of my land to him!”

“…Who the fuck is Jerome?”

She blinked a bit and looked at the men around her, “Who hired you? Is it about the gold mines because I’m not selling them!”